Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shnordy

Real Name Shnordy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ventry
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 25, 2006, 22:49
Total Comments 151 (Novice)
User ID 24585

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Vampyr E3 Trailer
1. Re: Vampyr E3 Trailer Jun 8, 2017, 19:59 ventry

If it was first person I'd be in. I like the style and atmosphere but, hate playing third person.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 25, 2017, 20:04 ventry

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 25, 2017, 11:11:
Prepare to relearn your favorite OS* as Cortana makes you its bitch while it changes all your settings back to default and hides frequently used system settings. bon appetit

*The new OS includes the much anticipated Tracking 1.3 and Ad Delivery 0.8b
unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality

Unclouded by intelligence too I see.
Do I have to post that video of the screaming homeless man again??
STFU.

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap
29. Re: More on the Star Citizen Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 20:29 ventry

SFanderson wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 16:42:

Perfect summation of Blues vitriol towards this game is the homeless guy here: https://youtu.be/phxRZXd6r9E?t=12

Hahaha

HA! Good one. Also reminds me of redeye and his windows 10 hate campaign.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 20, 2017, 17:43 ventry

Ahhh! Windows 10 haterz. Gotta luv em.(NOT)

When DX12 becomes mandatory on games (and it WILL despite your pissing and moaning)you will be left with a choice:

A: Cut your nose off to spite your face and give up on new release gaming.

B: Become total fucking hypocrites and install Windows 10.

Nice little corner you've painted yourselves into eh?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 27, 2017, 17:19 ventry

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 20:26:
It appears I'm to be chastised for saying anything bad about W10 so I'll just have to be edgy and say W7 stock apps work just fine.

Well....
That's because (in regards to Win 10):
A: You act like an idiot
B: You refuse to recognize your idiocy
C: You refuse to refrain from being an idiot
So....
D: You are treated like an idiot.

Haters gonna hate.

In the coming years you'll be faced with a choice.
A: Cut your nose off to spite your face by giving up on AAA gaming because DX12 WILL be required.
B: Run Win 10 and be the biggest lacking in credibility hypocrite on the Earth.

That's a nice little corner you're painting yourself into eh?

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2017, 18:23.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 26, 2017, 17:19 ventry

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 14:29:
Hopefully one day you will get a clue, but it's beginning to look like you're drain bamaged.

Funny but, this is exactly what I think every time you have a cry about Win 10. LOL!

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
20. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Jan 26, 2017, 17:15 ventry

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 02:25:
ventry wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 17:44:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 15:18:
Verno wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 10:48:
I can't understand anything you post Luke, go learn the English language if you want to post on an English forum otherwise fuck off.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3gd066/computer_wakes_up_every_night_from_sleep/
http://superuser.com/questions/970884/windows-10-keeps-waking-up-at-night-source-unknown-what-to-do
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2752535/windows-wake-sleep-mode-night.html

Understand now?

Well no.
I had this problem over a year ago.
However I used my brain for cognitive thinking and not for being a pissy win 10 crybaby.
Took all of 20 minutes to solve and has never been a problem since.
So, like Verno said: Fuk orf.
Too bad it comes back every patch.

No it doesn't. (I'm on Win 10 Pro)

So please let the world know how you permanently fixed it, Mr. Ultra Brain, or "fuk orf"!

I went into the task manager and deleted all wake events for the wee small hours. Problem solved. This was also back on ver: 1511. I have also done ann edition ver:1607 and all updates since and it has NOT been a problem. Stays in sleep all night, every night.

Not to mention the point still stands. You took 20 mins to fix one tiny thing that defines "winspy10". Congratulations?

It took 20 mins because as I said this was over a year ago back when Win 10 was released. Not a lot of info was around then.
My "cognitive" brain is 10x better than your "pissy hater" brain.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
11. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Jan 25, 2017, 17:44 ventry

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 15:18:
Verno wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 10:48:
I can't understand anything you post Luke, go learn the English language if you want to post on an English forum otherwise fuck off.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3gd066/computer_wakes_up_every_night_from_sleep/
http://superuser.com/questions/970884/windows-10-keeps-waking-up-at-night-source-unknown-what-to-do
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2752535/windows-wake-sleep-mode-night.html

Understand now?

Well no.
I had this problem over a year ago.
However I used my brain for cognitive thinking and not for being a pissy win 10 crybaby.
Took all of 20 minutes to solve and has never been a problem since.
So, like Verno said: Fuk orf.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
17. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 21, 2017, 18:15 ventry

Luke wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 06:56:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 23:04:
If you're concerned about anonymous, high-level telemetry data, I hope you don't use a smartphone, cellular provider, social network, free e-mail service, loyalty card, credit card, any kind of ad-supported web site or modern AAA video game ever. Because any one of those is tracking more data in a more identifiable way than Windows 10 is.

Source: I work in IT and have studied this extensively as I get asked about it by clients regularly.

Yea right now back to microsoft with you , winspy 1o is one BIG Data sucker,,there was a reason it was free (come to daddy , come to daddy) , when peps fall for it , they start manipulating there pc and the way the sneak attack by turning things on again even tho people don't want it on is beyound.....
I don't give a rat what and how many years " pro" IT have worked with this and with that , Winspy 10 is a trojan horse.....maybe even a torrent kind of system : Lets connect everybody to one system and share speed and connection...... Clown 's

[Darth Vader Voice]The butthurt and tinfoil hat syndrome is strong with this one. [/Darth Vader Voice]

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
16. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 21, 2017, 18:10 ventry

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 23:12:
It's not a defence but it's a demonstration of people's epic double standards, especially since many of the things I listed above are things where people pay for the privilege of being spied on in a much more intrusive way, unlike the current majority of Windows 10 installs.

AMEN BROTHER!
The credibility of the "windows 10 crybabies" is already ZERO.
It will go into negative figures once new AAA games go DX12 only.
Just watch how many of those "Win10 crybabies" install and run Windows 10 so they can play "insert much anticipated AAA game here".
Shame but,the world is full of brainless-kneejerk-dropkicks like this.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 5, 2017, 18:57 ventry

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 18:50:
ventry wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 18:14:
LOL. Damn you Americans make me laugh.
First I had a good belly laugh when Trump got voted in but the best laugh came with the wailing, moaning, gnashing of teeth sour-grapes of the Hillary supporters. None of whom have any idea how to go to the fridge and pour a glass of "suck-it-up-you-lost-now-get-over-it" juice.

I find hilariously ironic that the "progressive/leftist/sjw's" who promote and push tolerance the most are the LEAST tolerant of all when they don't get their way.
ROFLMAO.

wow - this is like, totally genius level.. its just off the charts, incredible writing!

have you ever thought about lecturing professionally? or maybe writing a book? the world needs more voices like yours!

Hey! Wow! More sour-grapes.
Well done.
Pot - kettle - *snip* ah! You know the rest.

10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 5, 2017, 18:14 ventry

LOL. Damn you Americans make me laugh.
First I had a good belly laugh when Trump got voted in but the best laugh came with the wailing, moaning, gnashing of teeth sour-grapes of the Hillary supporters. None of whom have any idea how to go to the fridge and pour a glass of "suck-it-up-you-lost-now-get-over-it" juice.

I find hilariously ironic that the "progressive/leftist/sjw's" who promote and push tolerance the most are the LEAST tolerant of all when they don't get their way.
ROFLMAO.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
12. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 5, 2016, 23:22 ventry

Luke wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 19:43:
ventry wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 18:57:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 14:01:
Sometimes you can't even give away a turd.

Is there any chance that someday you'll grow up and stop being such a pissy little bitch every time there is a Windows 10 article?

How about ya open ya eyes Clown

How about you get a clue.
I have been using Win 10 for over a year now. Nothing wrong with it.
I run a computer refurbish/recycle business and have installed Win 10 on over 150 different laptops and desktops/towers. Very minimal problems. Nothing that can't be overcome with a bit of "Google-Fu".
Overwhelming majority of Win 10 problems (in my experience) are hardware issues due to original manufacturers shitful attempts at drivers. Not MS's fault.
Win 10 computers out sell Win 7 computers in my shop 3 - 1.

Once again: Get a clue and stop believing the hateraid bullshit you read in comment sections like this.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
8. removed Nov 5, 2016, 18:57 ventry

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 6, 2016, 09:33.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
25. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 3, 2016, 18:27 ventry

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 23:13:
so ventry's experience is different from your typical home user.

Whoooaaa there "Tex".
I run a refurbished and recycle PC business. There is NO corporate shit involved.
All the pc's and laptops I do are for the home sector. i.e Win 10 Home or Pro depending on the corresponding Win 7 license.
I spent a year getting all of the best PC's and laptops from the warehouse on win 10 so I'd have plenty of them done while it was free.
Still doing it as a fresh install of win 10 using a Win 7 license still activates.(Although those machines are put aside until things shake out).

It is absolutely laughable the people who complain about Win 10 spying.
IOS and Android have been doing this for YEARS and yet little to no complaints. MS do it and WWWHHHHAAAAHHHHH!!!
The tears flow like a river.
People who own one of those phones and complain about Win 10 spying have absolutely NO credibility at all.
Ah the human race what a wicked web of hypocrisy we weave.

p.s Redeye:
I pity anyone who goes to you for computer help. Your obvious bias makes you a poor computer tech.(My opinion only)

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2016, 18:35.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
10. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 2, 2016, 17:34 ventry

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 13:47:
Betanews has about as much credibility on anything Microsoft as Kotaku or Polygon does on anything gaming.

But hey, one of the most popular things here is misinformed anti-Windows 10 circle jerks so have fun. Not that MS didn't do a lot of garbage things (the amount the upgrade was forced was ridiculous and anti-consumer) but Windows 10 is also an excellent OS and the claims about it spying on you are both hilarious in their level of tin-foil hattiness and also immensely hypocritical given that every smartphone and social network do far worse and get a pass from everyone.

This. 1000X this.
I have now built/upgraded over 130 PC's and Laptops with Win 10.
The problems I have had have amounted to less than 1% of machines and at least half of those were due to faulty hardware NOT Win 10.

I don't go to "click-bait" sites to get my Win 10 info. I research my own.

The "usuals" are not just sculling the hateraid they're drowning in it.

9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 9, 2016, 19:36 ventry

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 09:27:
Anti-Virus crashes malware.

How does that "hateraid" taste dude?

From the article:
when the Windows 10 Anniversary Update was combined with our aswvmm.sys driver on an Intel CPU from the Skylake family with Intel VT enabled in the BIOS, the update resulted in a blue screen of death

Pretty specific circumstances there affecting very few people that will be fixed pronto.

By all means keep going.
It's hilarious watching you make an idiot out of yourself.

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
140. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 23:54 ventry

nin wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 20:03:
And yet you clicked the link and felt you needed to comment. Guess it was interesting enough to do that...

Thank-you for justifying the effort I took to write it.
Didn't think it through very well did you?

Incidentally, all those machines at the back of my workshop I still click the little 'x' every day and NONE have automatically updated to Win 10.
Come Thursday (Aussie time) I will be stuffing a Win 10 disk into them and fresh installing before the free period runs out.

Enjoy ur hate.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2016, 00:00.

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
116. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 20:00 ventry

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ **snore** *snort* Whaaa!! What! What's happening?

Ah another Windows 10 sky is falling/evil empire/tin foil hat/haters gonna hate thread.

*sigh*
Wake me when something interesting (and actually factual) happens.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

News Comments > Cricket Captain 2016 Released
9. Re: Cricket Captain 2016 Released Jul 6, 2016, 18:33 ventry

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 05:55:
VaranDragon wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 05:10:
ventry wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 20:04:

That would be anyone born outside of the USA.

Erm...no.

Particularly since I am.. you know, European, and nowhere in Europe (UK/NL aside) do we play Cricket...

You sure about that?
Get on Google and do a search of "European Cricket Council", read, get educated and come back with an admission of being wrong.
Just because you don't play doesn't mean others don't.

151 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo