Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 611 (Apprentice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep

16. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep Apr 3, 2014, 21:14 Osc8r

Darks wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 20:18:
Osc8r wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 20:06:
mlw wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 19:40:
Do movie theaters let you watch movies for free?
Do restaurants let you eat for free?

Welcome To The Real World.

You mean the real world where there are better MMO's than ESO and which don't have a monthly fee attached?

This ESO MMO is as generic as they come - there is simply no justification for the monthly fee in THIS CASE considering their competition.

Give it time, i'm sure they too will realise this.

Glad you are enjoying it though! Half a dozen beta's were more than enough for me.

Yea, says you. Ill take a monthly sub any day of a free to play model. the F2P model nickel and dimes you to death for almost anything you need or what to do In the game.

And since when has a monthly sub now become bad?

As for this being as generic as they come, I take it you haven't gone past level 15? Because the game really starts to open up after you get on the main land and questing. I have seen MMO's that are way worst then this game. This game at least has quality voice overs acting and voice overs for nearly every NPC that you talk to through your the world that is of relevance. Where is that being done in any other MMO? Certainly not in Wildstar.

Monthly sub became bad when MMO's became nothing but generic themepark clones which everyone has already played dozens of times already.

The game opening up after level 10 helps, but it's still same old same old... and does nothing to help the cumbersome combat and tired old formula.

As for voice overs - SWTOR? And it's free!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep

11. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep Apr 3, 2014, 20:06 Osc8r

mlw wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 19:40:
Do movie theaters let you watch movies for free?
Do restaurants let you eat for free?

Welcome To The Real World.

You mean the real world where there are better MMO's than ESO and which don't have a monthly fee attached?

This ESO MMO is as generic as they come - there is simply no justification for the monthly fee in THIS CASE considering their competition.

Give it time, i'm sure they too will realise this.

Glad you are enjoying it though! Half a dozen beta's were more than enough for me.

News Comments > The International Ticket Sales Friday

3. Re: The International Ticket Sales Friday Apr 1, 2014, 17:55 Osc8r

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 16:54:
Can't imagine paying money to watch people play video games.

Why not? Go watch some of the old international games on youtube, some of them are pretty epic if you know what's happening.

Much more exciting than most sports... like say, two people hitting a ball across a net or someone hitting a ball towards a hole...

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details

51. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details Mar 27, 2014, 03:46 Osc8r

wtf_man wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 20:18:
Osc8r wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 17:52:
One of the most boring, uninspired MMO's i've ever played... and that's saying something!

Huh. That's the way I felt about WoW and several others that followed.

I guess you either love it or hate it.

/shrug

Well, tbh i felt the same way about WOW as well... but i lasted 3 months in WOW before i got bored and gave up.

In contrast i lasted about 3 days in ESO before i felt the same way. It feels just like yet another generic WOW clone, just in a ESO skin... and the combat, oh boy! PS don't play a ranger.

Hell, i even managed to play neverwinter longer than ESO!

yawn / 10

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details

36. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details Mar 26, 2014, 17:52 Osc8r

One of the most boring, uninspired MMO's i've ever played... and that's saying something!

Still give it 12 months before it goes F2P - it's going to attract a lot of people who want to like it simply because of the elder scrolls title.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza

13. Re: Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza Mar 22, 2014, 01:29 Osc8r

Proper co-op this time.... please!  

News Comments > Infinite Crisis Open Beta Begins

8. Re: Infinite Crisis Open Beta Begins Mar 15, 2014, 17:08 Osc8r

Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 11:01:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 10:00:
MOBA's are on the decline already, the novelty has worn off.

Dota is the most played game on steam to date, and LOL and Dota 2 were the most popular games in 2013, players also spent more than 3x playing moba's than mmo's and this stat is only widening.

"The success of League of Legends and Dota 2 reinforces another trend DFC observed: the domination by MOBA titles. DFC noted that the MOBA genre is "far and away the largest".

Yep, sure sounds like the 'novelty' has worn off.
What we don't need though is more and more cheap and nasty moba's.

Source

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2014, 17:15.

News Comments > Asheron's Call Future Updates "Limited"

12. Re: Asheron's Call Future Updates Mar 5, 2014, 16:57 Osc8r

Still the best MMO I have played... by far.

Old xanthro / adnan alliance here. I still fondly remember all the town wars such as AB as well as the portal runs and dungeon contests.

If only WOW didn't come along with some kiddy MMO with kiddy PVP we may still be playing decent MMO's instead of all the failed cookie cutter mundane crap we are stuck with today (grind mindless pve, grind pvp minigames - yay!).

All you old darktide players go for a walk down memory lane: http://www.schattenkind.com/past-present/history.html

News Comments > Morning Screenshots

33. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 10, 2014, 21:24 Osc8r

mlw wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 20:17:
I have been in several betas and I enjoy this game. The questing is the best of any MMO I've played with good stories.

ESO is as close to playing Skyrim with your friends as you will ever see. There is an open beta on the way, try it out for yourself and make your own decision.

Really? You actually enjoyed the quests in this game?
The majority were just point toon to next waypoint, click numlock, then sit back and watch the pretty graphics go by.
I was disappointed with the combat the most though.

Sadly it feels like another cookie cutter MMO in an elder scrolls skin.

Though i agree, try the open beta and decide for yourself.

News Comments > Evening Previews

3. Re: Evening Previews Feb 8, 2014, 05:27 Osc8r

This about covers it.

/yawn

News Comments > Black & White 2 Demo

11. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2006, 19:10 Osc8r

When is the damn multiplayer patch / expansion coming for the pile of crap, thats the only thing that would make me reinstall it.

611 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >