Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 556 (Apprentice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 76 Survival Mode Plans
28. Re: Fallout 76 Survival Mode Plans Jan 26, 2019, 14:52 Osc8r

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 26, 2019, 11:51:
GinRummy wrote on Jan 26, 2019, 10:35:
I'm fine with survival mode if they have their own servers. I have no interest in pvp at all, and so I don't want to be walking around questing in my pacifist mode only to be one-shot out of the blue by a survival player. It might be fun for him but it ruins my enjoyment of the game. Or at least what's left of it at this point.
Exactly, don't ruin my experience because you want to pew pew.

Conversely, dont ruin my experience because you want to farm braindead ai mobs all day.

Different servers for different playstyles. Ez pz.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Fallout 76 Survival Mode Plans Jan 26, 2019, 05:06 Osc8r

Drayth wrote on Jan 25, 2019, 19:05:
There were plenty of pvp server on WoW. I moved to an RP-PvP server when they opened and there was constant open world pvp.

Didn't Everquest have a mix of PvP an PvE...? I know they had a bit more variety in pvp types, but I'm pretty sure they had PvE at launch.

I grew up with UO and AC1 Darktide, it was all downhill after all that sadly.

WOW did have world pvp...kind of. They did launch with PVP servers which were OK, but then they start watering it down... guards, restricted zones, level ranges, uber guards, zergs of guards, fast travel... then came the pvp instances, pvp points and pvp gear treadmill.

There was also never any meaningful death penalty, so people could go around ganking others without repercussion, and you'd have never ending/pointless pvp back and forth insta respawn brain dead battles and zergfests like tauren mill vs SS.

So the game was either PVE, or PVP-super-lite-almost-pve.

Honestly they just need to give players a choice, it's not that difficult... they managed to do it 20 years ago but apparently it's too difficult a concept for dev's these days.

I don't know why they just can't do some form of bounty system either, I'd love to be able to get bounties and hunt down the RPK's (SWG was awesome in this aspect).Make the douche bags content.

19. Re: Fallout 76 Survival Mode Plans Jan 25, 2019, 18:20 Osc8r

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2019, 15:20:
Osc8r wrote on Jan 25, 2019, 15:19:
This is how games were back in my day, before the carebears turned them into tea cup parties whilst you kill mindless mobs over, and over, and over...

Shame the game will still suck regardless.

Troll harder.

That's rich coming from you.

But it's true, MMO's and the like used to be rather enjoyable having player wars, rpk's vs anti's, fighting other guilds over towns and levelling spots etc.

Then WOW came along and turned the genre into some meaningless PVE/quest treadmill grind, and the PVP into some meaningless instanced PVP point grind.

But I don't see how this change would impact you (or Darks) anyway, as it's completely optional.

And let's be honest, their current system caters to neither PVE players or PVP players. So it is an improvement, and adds much more content for those than enjoy it and without a big investment..

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2019, 18:58.

11. Re: Fallout 76 Survival Mode Plans Jan 25, 2019, 15:19 Osc8r

This is how games were back in my day, before the carebears turned them into tea cup parties whilst you kill mindless mobs over, and over, and over...

Shame the game will still suck regardless.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jan 23, 2019, 16:48 Osc8r

I remember being concerned about the use of their own servers as well (especially as an Australian), as i'd much prefer just to host a local server an invite a couple of friends.

Pretty sure i read that they are planning LAN support in the future.

Yep, here it is:

During alpha and beta we will be hosting the servers ourselves. This is to collect crucial data such as logs, warnings, errors, crash reports and analytics which we can use to further improve this mod. LAN play will probably be supported after the beta.

We will be hosting the servers on multiple locations over the majority of the world (yes, including you Australia). You will be able to join friends using an in-game UI to simply either spawn a server or join a friend. All you need is an account on the ST website which can keep track over potential Patreon rewards.

We do not have a server limit, so you will be able to play at any time. Every server will technically support up to 64 players at the same time. Though, we recommend playing with smaller parties of 2-8 people as that is what we tested it on.

https://new.reddit.com/r/SkyrimTogether/comments/8emmlj/

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Free Trial Underway
6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Free Trial Underway Jan 18, 2019, 06:09 Osc8r

bigspender wrote on Jan 18, 2019, 06:04:
the problem with all Battle Royale games is that you are at a huge disadvantage to shoot, or get kills up until the end of the game where you make the final kill or two in order to win.

It's kind of weird to play a shooter where you are effectively punished to shoot.

Not really. The good thing about the genre is theres different ways to play, it's up to the player. When you first pickup the game you'll probably have one goal - to be #1. After a while your goal will likely to change, to be #1 but with a lot of kills. Then you will continually try and beat your kill record whilst coming #1.

Which to me at least, is far more challenging and rewarding than trying to top a scoreboard round after round on a tiny map on repeat.

Though I do have a couple of friends who enjoy the genre because they can just play passive and just try and kill the last guy. To each their own.

News Comments > Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2019, 16:52 Osc8r

Darks wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 15:11:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 14:48:
Anyone who is still playing this shitshow of a game should take note that it will *never* be secured. 20 year old engine that modders have had more time to play with than pretty much any other.. yeah good luck with that.

Darks wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 12:48:
They need to pull the plug on the MMO side and give us the ability to host our own Severs. problem solved, no more BS to worry about cheaters and hackers. This experiment failed, time to move on and allow players to host their own Coop servers.

If there is any way to salvage this dumpster fire, that would probably be it. Chances of that happening are near zero though, as that does not fit with their "live service" business model with the game.

Well, Bethesda did come out and say they were going to add player hosting in the future. Just how long that takes is another wonder.

Personally, I cant wait for the Coop Skyrim Multiplayer Mod thats coming out real soon.

Thanks for reminding me! Was looking at that like a year back. I didn't follow it to closely as i usually end up getting disappointed as a lot of these co-op projects just disappear, don't even work, or get sued by the actual publisher. Great to hear this one is still progressing, as that's all i've ever wanted from this franchise - co-op! Not that 'ESO MMO' crap... which was just as bad as Fallout 76 IMO.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Free Trial Underway
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Free Trial Underway Jan 17, 2019, 16:38 Osc8r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 15:46:
Is this game any good?

"But just download and try it!" you say!

"Well, it's 85GB, and I don't want to fill/needlessly thrash my SSD", I reply.

Comparisons to other BR games welcome, I tried Fortnite and wasn't really impressed, can't tolerate the ARMA engine for PLUNKBAT, although to be fair, I haven't bought PUBG/PLUNKBAT.

If you enjoy shallow console games, and where you run and slide around at super human speeds, but where fights last, and your single life ends, in under 0.01 seconds give it a shot.

Wasn't for me, it just felt like you usual COD game but with BR tacked on, but then again i also hated BF5 which also had a ridiculously low TTK IMO.

I personally preferred Fortnite due to the longer engagements, and where's there's more to each fight than 'whoever shoots first wins'.

I really dont see the appeal of spending all that time gearing up, just to be killed in 0.01 seconds to someone peaking around a corner or hiding in a bush, which is the gameplay low ttks encourage.

Low ttks dont suit the br genre at all imo, which is probably one of the main reasons fortnite currently has 10x more viewers than their nearest competitor.

That said I do get sick of continual building spam battles as well, so I'm hopng to find a game with a middle ground between pubg/cod and fortnite. Still waiting.

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 2019, 06:18.

News Comments > Rumor Update: Star Wars Cancellation Was for Smaller Game
13. Re: Rumor Update: Star Wars Cancellation Was for Smaller Game Jan 16, 2019, 16:10 Osc8r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 11:48:
Prez wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 10:42:
I spend the largest portion of my game browsing time on Steam (mostly because there is a cubic fuckton of shit to sift through) and honestly, I am glad that EA games aren't on there.
I've come to the realization that I play indie games about 90% of the time despite having a high end 4k gaming machine. I've gotten into the habit of mentally filtering out the AAA garbage that dominate Steam and look for the indie gems that I actually enjoy playing. It's frustrating that the same garbage AAA titles always dominate the Steam charts when there's much better stuff that no one ever sees.

Yep, i'm pretty much in the same boat. Most AAA games these days are just re-hashes of the same old shit we've played for the past 20+ years. The originality is now found in Indie games, which where i spend the majority of my gaming time.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers Add Support for RTX 2060 and Some FreeSync Monitors
21. Re: New GeForce Drivers Add Support for RTX 2060 and Some FreeSync Monitors Jan 15, 2019, 22:08 Osc8r

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 17:39:
Osc8r wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 16:24:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 10:31:
AMD won this round.
Not really, freesync still sucks. Win for consumers, who will get more access to the superior Gsync.
The driver update allows GeForce graphics cards to tap into the Adaptive Sync capabilities of AMD FreeSync monitors. It has nothing to do with GSync which is nVidia's overpriced proprietary method. And since most can't tell the difference between AMD's free implementation and Nvidia'$ version, my original statement still stands.

Deleted your unwarranted rage and hypocrisy.

But here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zldzmKIapTA

More people get access to adaptive sync and Gsync prices will come down.

So again, win for consumers, not your (precious) AMD.

Oh, and FYI i have Freesync and Gsync monitor at home, sitting about 1 meter apart. Gsync is superior even on higher end monitors, at least to my old timer eyes.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2019, 22:37.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Tyranids Released
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Tyranids Released Jan 15, 2019, 22:02 Osc8r

Couldn't really get into this, i think i may have been spoilt by Age of Wonders 3 (great game in co-op too).

That said i should give it another shot.

News Comments > Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Tomorrow; Trailer and Patch Notes Today
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 15, 2019, 16:39 Osc8r

Terrible game, just as bad as BF1. Would much prefer a co-op story driven game than doing the same shit every year with slightly different graphics.

Hopefully the BR mode doesn't suck, but i'm sure it will...unless they wake up and realise that low TTK's result in boring ass shallow gameplay, ESPECIALLY when you only have one life.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers Add Support for RTX 2060 and Some FreeSync Monitors
13. Re: New GeForce Drivers Add Support for RTX 2060 and Some FreeSync Monitors Jan 15, 2019, 16:24 Osc8r

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 10:31:
AMD won this round.

Not really, freesync still sucks.

Win for consumers, who will get more access to the superior Gsync.

News Comments > THQ Nordic Reels in Outcast
2. Re: THQ Nordic Reels in Outcast Jan 10, 2019, 15:08 Osc8r

Damn it cutter.  

News Comments > Fear the Wolves Unified Update
1. Re: Fear the Wolves Unified Update Jan 8, 2019, 19:26 Osc8r

Faster queues when their peak players is 40?

How'd they manage that, reduce the min player count to 5 per match.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Special Editions
1. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Special Editions Jan 8, 2019, 19:24 Osc8r

One of the most memorable things about MW was the audio, but all we get here is shitty music.

'enemy mech detected'

Hope they make it like MW2 where the missions were hard, and fighting enemy mechs was a challenge. Instead of some nonstop arcade slaughter fest with instant rotation.

News Comments > New Year's Interviews
4. Re: New Year's Interviews Jan 1, 2019, 19:30 Osc8r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 1, 2019, 18:27:
Please someone explain how a douchebag like him gets so popular.
I just dont get it. Yeah, hes pretty good at playing (there are better still), but hearing him speak makes me lose hope in humanity.
There are dozens, if not hundreds of streamers who are much more entertaining than him.

He's somewhat entertaining and he's bloody good at what he does.

/shrug

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Video
9. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Video Dec 28, 2018, 17:57 Osc8r

Are their ingame sounds that bad they have to hide them with shitty music?

Hopefully this take on the franchise is better than their last attempt, especially when it comes to weapons and mech customisation (or lack thereof in MWO).

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 24, 2018, 15:45 Osc8r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 04:22:
fawker wrote on Dec 23, 2018, 18:29:
Who plays multiplayer shooters offline with bots anymore?

I mean, really?

That's niche.

Maybe people that don't feel like playing with foul mouth 12 year olds using aimbots?

Turn off voice chat, and play games that have decent anti cheat?

Running into the occasional aimbotter far outways killing mindless bots over and over and over IMO.

News Comments > Activision Pressuring Blizzard to Cut Costs?
18. Re: Activision Pressuring Blizzard to Cut Costs? Dec 22, 2018, 20:30 Osc8r

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 22, 2018, 09:37:
Not sure why people here pretend like we're losing a quality dev if Blizztard needs to cut costs(?)

They have always been the kings of casual gaming and mainstream casualization. If Blizzard should die that would be fantastic news because other devs will then stop trying to copy lame casual Blizztard clickfests and even lamer monetization fests.

Bottom line is we need more CD Projekts and more Larian Studios in our gaming lives and less Blizztards or devs aspiring to mimic Blizztard.

Amen.

556 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo