Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 588 (Apprentice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Grim Dawn Dawns
17. Re: Grim Dawn Dawns Mar 3, 2016, 16:43 Osc8r

I played it a few months back and whilst i enjoyed it at the beginning i found -

It became repetitive quickly
A lot of abilities were useless or not feasible
A lot of abilities were simply copies of each other between trees/classes
Animations needed a lot of work
Descriptions of abilities were misleading or didn't make sense
Pets scaled terribly - at the beginning they were completely OP, later in the game (once you had put everything into them) they became useless.
The difficulty was not progressive, it went from being ez mode to being instagibbed in the blink of an eye

Overall not a bad effort, but needed some work - and hopefully that work has been done now that's it's going live.

Sadly, it was definitely not TQ for me - as that was a game i played through several times and which had way more variety and viable class mix-matching.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Division Beta Claims Record
16. Re: The Division Beta Claims Record Feb 23, 2016, 02:55 Osc8r

I really didn't feel it at all.

Their rogue system is a joke (90% of the rogues [minus the groups] were red by accident - or their turrets did it), pvp zone was really devoid of ai/quests, respawn areas were way too common (i'd kill someone as a rogue and within a minute i'd have to kill them again), combat is just spam to cover, quests are all just copies of each other, weapons sound like pea shooters, ai are bullet sponges, graphic quality has been reduced heavily, and the game just felt like a massive loot grind.

It felt like destiny 2.0

/shrug

Bugs and crappy netcode asside, king of the kill mode in h1z1 is a far more intense and rewarding experience imo.

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2016, 05:06.

News Comments > Undying Dying Light Support
7. Re: Undying Dying Light Support Feb 19, 2016, 21:30 Osc8r

Quinn wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 15:10:
Truly I don't like The Following at all. The buggy annoys me. The game was a winner due to the parkour, the freerunning. I ironically feel immobilized in the buggy. I rather go on foot, but then not really... because somehow you can't fast travel and the distances are too great.

Unlike some, I like it that most human enemies have guns. There's enough zombies to get yer melee fix.

Yeah, i loved the original but not so much the DLC... seems it's all designed around the buggies. Never found a better melee weapon from the oranges i had from the original game either, so most of the looting was 'meh'.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2016, 17:34 Osc8r

I was looking at G810 but was turned off by the hard wrist wrest and odd shape, so i'm still using my ancient G15 at the moment. Though i still can't believe logitech can't get their software to work properly after the computer goes to sleep or if you switch users! So i'm not surprised your having software issues blue.

I have been considering the corsair k95 RGB but damn it's expensive, though apparently once you go mechanical (cherry red mx has my name on it) you can't go back.

Oh well, one day. At the moment i'm still busy tweaking my new 980ti 6700k system that replaced my trusty 5 year old 2600k 4.6 (which was bottlenecking the ti hard at 1440p - regardless of what reviews lead you to believe). Hope this pc doesn't handle games perfectly for another 5 years, but that's the console influence for you.

News Comments > Battlezone Remake Renamed; Coming This Spring
12. Re: Battlezone Remake Renamed; Coming This Spring Feb 17, 2016, 17:11 Osc8r

Fantaz wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 23:32:
1998 was a good year... i was in my pre-teens playing Quake non-stop when i probably shouldn't have been

i remember everyone i know was talking about how good Battlezone was when it came out back then in '98

I feel ya. I was playing the best FPS (quake world), the best MMO (Asheron's call darktide beta), and crushing mates at Red Alert and BZ at lan parties in between quake stomping sessions.

RIP the golden age of gaming.

I'm a little disappointed with this announcement, i too was expecting a whole new game not a remaster. Oh well, still may give it a shot.

News Comments > DOOM in May
31. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 16:41 Osc8r

Imagine where gaming would be without consoles (and post 2000 blizzard)...

Instead we are left this %^#$.

News Comments > Grey Goo Free DLC
6. Re: Grey Goo Free DLC Feb 2, 2016, 18:45 Osc8r

Yeah, i tried it during the free weekend and that was more than enough.

Seemed shallow, boring, and quite repetitive. All the units were pretty 'meh' as well.

RIP RTS genre

News Comments > Conan Exiles Announced
22. Re: Conan Exiles Announced Jan 28, 2016, 16:39 Osc8r

Kxmode wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 15:18:
FunCom needs to replace whoever is working in their marketing department because I sincerely have no idea what this game is about.

H1Z1 with swords?
Hopefully it too will get battle royale mode, cause that sh*t is awesome.

News Comments > Over 1M Blade & Soul Players
15. Re: Over 1M Blade & Soul Players Jan 26, 2016, 19:10 Osc8r

Man, i'd kill for a UO or AC1 Darktide remade in a modern engine today.

MMO's went to hell as soon as WOW came, the genre just turned into a steaming pile of carebear trash. Goodbye meaningful consequences & adrenaline rush, hello grind grind grind.

I've given up on MMO's now, they are all pretty much the same crap in a different skin.

I'm actually enjoying battle royal in h1z1 quite a bit, even with all it's flaws (there's a lot) it's actually brought back some excitement and competitiveness that's been missing from games lately.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 24, 2016, 16:25 Osc8r

Yeah, i bought it during the steam sale and was pleasantly surprised.

Good in co-op as well.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Trailer
15. Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 17:06 Osc8r

Yeah, i get the impression it was rushed out there just to get a little more mooonah. I mean, they couldn't even be bothered to continue their half assed co-op from the last one.

Seems they are going backwards.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Changes
11. Re: Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Changes Jan 14, 2016, 22:59 Osc8r

descender wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 16:16:
so it's just a polished really dumbed down version of what's already out there.

Sometimes I feel like we get really dumbed down versions of the better trolls that are out there.

Sometimes i feel the same way.

Other-times i laugh IRL when people get all teary when someone says something negative about their beloved game on the interwebz.

But seriously though, i don't judge. If you like COD, HOTS, HKO, WOW and Candy Crush - that's your prerogative man!

p.s. Are you as pumped for overwatch as i am? That's some revolutionary sh*t right there! Blizzard is on point.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Changes
8. Re: Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Changes Jan 14, 2016, 16:12 Osc8r

Comes on guys, it's a Blizzard game... it's catering to the bizzfanboys and noobs of the genre - so it's just a polished really dumbed down version of what's already out there.

Though one thing that did surprise me was how bad the animations are. I always thought this was one area Blizzard specialized in.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 11, 2016, 17:15 Osc8r

IMO Grim Dawn was pretty good, but it got quite repetitive quickly. A lot of the classes abilities are very, very similar only with a slight difference with animation and damage.

There's also plenty of abilities and builds that appear to be useless... i personally feel they should have spent more time getting the basics right before worrying about shrines and what not.

The difficulty is all over the place as well. At the beginning pet's walk around 1 shotting everything with 1 point in them, then at some point later in the game they become next to useless even when you've built your entire build around them.

Worth the price, but it needs a lot more work.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video
25. Re: Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video Jan 9, 2016, 17:23 Osc8r

No co-op - not even their half assed attempt from the last FC?

Getting lazier each version.

Pass.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2016, 17:31.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
33. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 15:30 Osc8r

Why is this even a surprise? COD already proves that shallow console trash can be hugely successful... time and time again.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
8. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 28, 2015, 01:29 Osc8r

So that's why the combat is shitty and the animations are overdone.

Cause it's from WOW 2.0.

"revolutionary"
lmao

But yes, this is Blizzard... the apple of gaming.
Doesn't matter what they make it will sell and the press will eat it up as if it's the second coming.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X
10. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 24, 2015, 21:42 Osc8r

I hope they ramp up the difficult in this and in DOS 2.

Once i got out of the starter area the game was wayyyyy too easy.

Still a great game though.

News Comments > Division Leaked Alpha Footage
22. Re: Division Leaked Alpha Footage Dec 22, 2015, 01:45 Osc8r

Jumping on the bandwagon here too. Cover shooters are boring and repetitive. One gears of war game fulfilled my cover shooter requirements for life.  

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition Trailer
8. Re: Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition Trailer Dec 22, 2015, 01:43 Osc8r

They are putting an amazing amount of work into this expansion.

Looking forward to this!

588 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo