Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 560 (Apprentice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > New Borderlands Confirmed
13. Re: New Borderlands Confirmed Apr 23, 2016, 00:44 Osc8r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 23:42:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 23:24:
Claptrap is my notification sound on my phone. All of them.

Weirdly, I could never finish 2, but the pre-sequel I finished in a week or two.

Did you play the BL2 DLC, Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep? So, so good.

Yeah, Tiny Tina's DLC was awesome... but the other DLC's were craaap.

Hopefully they make some changes to 3, was starting to get a little burnt out in the end, and skipped the prequel for that reason.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Closed Beta Ends Next Week; Open Beta Details
8. Re: Overwatch Closed Beta Ends Next Week; Open Beta Details Apr 19, 2016, 05:14 Osc8r

Kxmode wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 22:47:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 22:23:
Probably the most fun I've had in a team shooter since TF2 was first released.

Because the people who worked on vanilla WOW and TBC worked on this game. That's why it's super fun.

The very same guys responsible for dumbing down and ruining an entire genre of gaming? Joy!

News Comments > Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs
17. Re: Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs Mar 31, 2016, 17:36 Osc8r

Meh, there's plenty of stale mediocre shooters on the PC already (just ask blizzard).

Not a huge loss.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor
24. Re: Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor Mar 28, 2016, 03:48 Osc8r

Proper co-op for once... it's not that hard!  

News Comments > DOOM Trailer
18. Re: DOOM Trailer Mar 25, 2016, 18:45 Osc8r

Quake 1 for life.  

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
10. Re: Overwatch Trailer Mar 23, 2016, 03:59 Osc8r

heroin wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 00:21:
I don't see anything wrong with any Blizzard games...

Except that everything they make these days is some dumbed down rehashed POS for the console kiddies amongst us. If anything, they should move into mobile games (and stay there).

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 20, 2016, 17:37 Osc8r

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 20, 2016, 15:30:
I have been having a blast playing The Culling. It is one of the most intense games I've played in a very long time. Not for the feint of heart though, you have to be really good to survive a 16 player FFA. If you're below average or average in skill, might not be a good buy for you, but still fun to watch on www.twitch.tv

It's on the top of my list - i'm really loving these types of games at the moment. But i just can't pull myself away from BR/KOTK mode in H1Z1! Still gotta try the free BR mode in ARK too!

News Comments > F2P ARK Multiplayer Spin-off
7. Re: Street Fighter V New Character & Patch Plans Mar 16, 2016, 18:14 Osc8r

I'm really enjoying h1z1 kotk - much more so than all the generic fps games these days. Fighting to be the last man standing is a lot more intense and rewarding than trying to top some scoreboard round after round.

Would like to try this as well as the culling, but can't seem to pull myself away from h1 at the moment. On my wishlist they go!

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Released
25. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Released Mar 8, 2016, 23:46 Osc8r

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 19:03:
Frijoles wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 15:49:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 14:11:
Story wise it goes like this (someone places small pox on money and then with the Black Friday sales (especially in someone as populated in New York, especially with cabs, trains, subways, buses) it spread like wildfire.

So one thing I wasn't clear on, is this ONLY happening in New York/Brooklyn? Rest of the world is a-ok? They didn't make that very clear, but that's the impression I got. Doesn't make sense, though, if that's the case. That'd mean the rest of the US gave up on Manhattan and just left it to this small Division group instead of an army. Actually, I recall seeing other dots on the intro map in other cities. Now I'm unsure.

Wish there were more explosions. Looks great though. Hoping to play a bit more tonight since the servers couldn't handle it last night.

It hints very briefly with a world map with many 'red dots' active like New York, and also mentions (again briefly) that it isn't just New York.

Don't think Borderlands. Borderlands is just Doom co-op, or even Serious Sam Co-op.

You HAVE to pay attention to the baddies, as the AI is impressive. They will charge, flank, retreat, use cover even on different altitudes, it really is impressive. I've had to throw a grenade at baddies and then suppress them with fire so they don't get out of the blast radius.

I'm trying not to come across like a fanboi, but after Ubisoft's formula that's used in Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, The Crew, Watch Dogs, they finally got it right and actually have a GOOD fresh game.
Granted it's online only, but I rather enjoy it as I can go do stuff solo or join up with people (friends/strangers/whoever) and go have fun and do things at my pace.
I'm pretty much now where I was in both Beta's (except have all 3 wings unlocked now), but the perk/ability/crafting system really do more to make this a RPG then say Borderlands.

I agree, don't think borderlands... borderlands is fun

But seriously, i can see why some people may like it but it just felt really repetitive and boring to me - even the PVP zone felt lifeless which forced grouping and predictable gameplay (plus most red's were done so by accident, and got zerged quick smart). The cover system was /yawn, the AI had too much health, the guns felt off (made worse by their sound fx that made them sound like pea shooters), progression and endgame APPEARED to be a never ending search for better loot so you could try and outscale AI HP's scaling.

/shrug

Graphics were quite nice though! And co-op worked a treat.

Not hating, just not my type of game i guess... as i also found the GOW series to be terribly boring as well.

Seems lots of people are enjoying it though which is good to hear.

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2016, 23:55.

News Comments > Sniper Elite 4 Announced
7. Re: Sniper Elite 4 Announced Mar 8, 2016, 17:27 Osc8r

Enjoyed the first couple, but the third was super boring and repetitive.  

News Comments > Hitman DirectX 12 Support
7. Re: Hitman DirectX 12 Support Mar 5, 2016, 16:52 Osc8r

Quinn wrote on Mar 5, 2016, 16:08:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 5, 2016, 15:12:
This article reports that DX12 is forcing vsync on.

What we are seeing is the first implications of a new pipeline for graphics and compositing. WDDM 2.0 (Windows Display Driver Model) is a very big shift from what existed previously with WDDM 1.3. The days of exclusive fullscreen gaming may be on the way out as Microsoft shifts developers and hardware vendors into a standard path through the OS compositor rather than bypassing it. Implications for this change are only beginning to be understood, but letís see how it affects Ashes of the Singularity today.
[url=http://www.pcper.com/reviews/General-Tech/PC-Gaming-Shakeup-Ashes-Singularity-DX12-and-Microsoft-Store[/url]

If DX12 forces on vsync, I'm extra happy I bought that 144hz monitor.

Surely they wouldn't force it? V-sync is terrible even with a 144hz monitor... mainly due to the input lag.

Vsync off >>> vsync on
Vsync off with gsync on >>>>>> everything

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2016, 18:54.

News Comments > The Division Launch Day Plans
7. Re: The Division Launch Day Plans Mar 3, 2016, 16:53 Osc8r

Rhett wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 22:03:
Well I'm looking forward to it. The two PC betas were spectacular, very much unlike Ubisoft.

Spectacular in that sense that they saved me having to waste money on this boring ass spam to cover, grind for loot 'game'

News Comments > Grim Dawn Dawns
17. Re: Grim Dawn Dawns Mar 3, 2016, 16:43 Osc8r

I played it a few months back and whilst i enjoyed it at the beginning i found -

It became repetitive quickly
A lot of abilities were useless or not feasible
A lot of abilities were simply copies of each other between trees/classes
Animations needed a lot of work
Descriptions of abilities were misleading or didn't make sense
Pets scaled terribly - at the beginning they were completely OP, later in the game (once you had put everything into them) they became useless.
The difficulty was not progressive, it went from being ez mode to being instagibbed in the blink of an eye

Overall not a bad effort, but needed some work - and hopefully that work has been done now that's it's going live.

Sadly, it was definitely not TQ for me - as that was a game i played through several times and which had way more variety and viable class mix-matching.

News Comments > The Division Beta Claims Record
16. Re: The Division Beta Claims Record Feb 23, 2016, 02:55 Osc8r

I really didn't feel it at all.

Their rogue system is a joke (90% of the rogues [minus the groups] were red by accident - or their turrets did it), pvp zone was really devoid of ai/quests, respawn areas were way too common (i'd kill someone as a rogue and within a minute i'd have to kill them again), combat is just spam to cover, quests are all just copies of each other, weapons sound like pea shooters, ai are bullet sponges, graphic quality has been reduced heavily, and the game just felt like a massive loot grind.

It felt like destiny 2.0

/shrug

Bugs and crappy netcode asside, king of the kill mode in h1z1 is a far more intense and rewarding experience imo.

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2016, 05:06.

News Comments > Undying Dying Light Support
7. Re: Undying Dying Light Support Feb 19, 2016, 21:30 Osc8r

Quinn wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 15:10:
Truly I don't like The Following at all. The buggy annoys me. The game was a winner due to the parkour, the freerunning. I ironically feel immobilized in the buggy. I rather go on foot, but then not really... because somehow you can't fast travel and the distances are too great.

Unlike some, I like it that most human enemies have guns. There's enough zombies to get yer melee fix.

Yeah, i loved the original but not so much the DLC... seems it's all designed around the buggies. Never found a better melee weapon from the oranges i had from the original game either, so most of the looting was 'meh'.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2016, 17:34 Osc8r

I was looking at G810 but was turned off by the hard wrist wrest and odd shape, so i'm still using my ancient G15 at the moment. Though i still can't believe logitech can't get their software to work properly after the computer goes to sleep or if you switch users! So i'm not surprised your having software issues blue.

I have been considering the corsair k95 RGB but damn it's expensive, though apparently once you go mechanical (cherry red mx has my name on it) you can't go back.

Oh well, one day. At the moment i'm still busy tweaking my new 980ti 6700k system that replaced my trusty 5 year old 2600k 4.6 (which was bottlenecking the ti hard at 1440p - regardless of what reviews lead you to believe). Hope this pc doesn't handle games perfectly for another 5 years, but that's the console influence for you.

News Comments > Battlezone Remake Renamed; Coming This Spring
12. Re: Battlezone Remake Renamed; Coming This Spring Feb 17, 2016, 17:11 Osc8r

Fantaz wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 23:32:
1998 was a good year... i was in my pre-teens playing Quake non-stop when i probably shouldn't have been

i remember everyone i know was talking about how good Battlezone was when it came out back then in '98

I feel ya. I was playing the best FPS (quake world), the best MMO (Asheron's call darktide beta), and crushing mates at Red Alert and BZ at lan parties in between quake stomping sessions.

RIP the golden age of gaming.

I'm a little disappointed with this announcement, i too was expecting a whole new game not a remaster. Oh well, still may give it a shot.

News Comments > DOOM in May
31. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 16:41 Osc8r

Imagine where gaming would be without consoles (and post 2000 blizzard)...

Instead we are left this %^#$.

News Comments > Grey Goo Free DLC
6. Re: Grey Goo Free DLC Feb 2, 2016, 18:45 Osc8r

Yeah, i tried it during the free weekend and that was more than enough.

Seemed shallow, boring, and quite repetitive. All the units were pretty 'meh' as well.

RIP RTS genre

News Comments > Conan Exiles Announced
22. Re: Conan Exiles Announced Jan 28, 2016, 16:39 Osc8r

Kxmode wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 15:18:
FunCom needs to replace whoever is working in their marketing department because I sincerely have no idea what this game is about.

H1Z1 with swords?
Hopefully it too will get battle royale mode, cause that sh*t is awesome.

560 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo