Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 556 (Apprentice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players
23. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players Mar 4, 2019, 17:29 Osc8r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 4, 2019, 16:48:
Osc8r wrote on Mar 4, 2019, 16:11:
Looks like is it's slowly losing it's lead on Twitch, so maybe people are starting to get bored of it already?

Not my cup of tea, just felt like a new Blackout map.
More like time of day dependent.
Fortnite is starting to be mainly non-english speaking channels. Same thing happened to PUBG.

How about right a random sample of... just now? (5:30pm in NY)

Fornite - 200k
Apex - 150k

And that's even with Shroud and DRD online for Apex, no real top Fortnite streamers currently online but Gotaga (FN) has more viewers than Shroud.

Not seeing a big non-english presence on either game.

Which is already a massive change, a few weeks ago Apex was killing Fornite in viewers at all times of the day.

So it would appear like the Apex decline has already begun... well, at least when it comes to Twitch viewers which admittedly only means so much.
That said, same thing happened to Blackout and where is it now? It was just a flash in the pan and quickly forgotten.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players
19. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players Mar 4, 2019, 16:11 Osc8r

Looks like is it's slowly losing it's lead on Twitch, so maybe people are starting to get bored of it already?

Not my cup of tea, just felt like a new Blackout map.

News Comments > Anthem Loot Changes
17. Re: Anthem Loot Changes Feb 28, 2019, 18:02 Osc8r

Avus wrote on Feb 28, 2019, 12:06:
a decade old Borderland had better weapon/loot generator than this POS. This POS is a $60 free2play that still in early access...

What's new?

Asheron's Call from 99 had a better loot system than any MMO since.

But yeah, playing Anthem i'm constantly thinking... why is the loot system so terrible, why are all the missions the damn same, and why didn't they add RPG elements / skill trees?

Such a waste of potential.

News Comments > Age of Wonders: Planetfall in August
4. Re: Age of Wonders: Planetfall in August Feb 20, 2019, 16:35 Osc8r

Terrible trailer, however, Age of Wonders 3 was one of the best games i've played in recent memory, so really looking forward to this one.

Just hope it still retains the depth and freedom of their previous games and retains the co-op vs AI skirmish maps. Hopefully Paradox doesn't stuff it up.

News Comments > Morning Patches
11. Re: Morning Patches Feb 14, 2019, 17:59 Osc8r

Luke wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 14:03:
Ahh remember tomb raider 1 nude patch, those were the days

haha, yep, you could lose an eye to those things.

Good times.

News Comments > Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week
36. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 12, 2019, 16:54 Osc8r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 23:17:
Osc8r wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 22:50:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 22:25:
A true evolution from other BR games. However there is still space to improve, especially in the loot/inventory aspect. Its obvious it was made for consoles.

Evolution how exactly? It feels and plays like your run of the mill COD port. Much smaller map than other BR games, smaller population cap, bland colors, average visuals, below average gun play, terrible ui and looting system, forced teams of 3, classes seem interesting but have little impact in the majority of encounters...

What am i missing? Seems like Blackout with a different limited time mode, and that game was hardly considered an evolution by any stretch...

Maybe i'm just getting old.

It plays much more fluid and faster than other BRs.

Faster doesn't mean better. In my old timer eyes it's actually worse, because it's all about twitch and aim, less about thought and tactics. There's also nothing realistic about people bunny hopping and sliding around at 100mph.

Looting is heavily optimized and requires less attention, which is good, because nothing is worse than getting shot in the ass while rummaging around in a corpse or your inventory. However, as I said, theres still space for improvements. For example holding a button to exchange your weapon for one laying on the ground is typical console BS. A PC keyboard has enough keys to have a separate one for that.

Completely Disagree. The looting system is utter trash and doesn't fit the pace of the game. Fortnite is by far easier to handle, no stuffing around with weapons that look almost identical to the next one... no stuffing around with attachment or mods, or dealing with limited inventory space, backpacks, finding spots for different types of ammo, grenades, abilities, mods and all that other BS.

Map is smaller because there are fewer people. I see no issue there. Yet you dont really have to deal with campers. And that is awesome. Even after the game has been running for a while, you will still find places that havent been looted. Totally untypical for a BR game.
Matches are only about 15 mins because of less players and smaller map, which is great as well.

I've seen plenty of campers already, especially with people who use the grappling hook to get on-top of un-climbable cliffs and the like.

Shorter matches isn't a positive to some people, nor is less people. In my eyes it just makes the win easier and less rewarding. Reducing player count isn't an evolution, it's regression.

Also love how you have 2 chances to revive your team mates. That removes a lot of frustration.
No issues with a team of 3. It seems the game was made around that, due to its classes.

Giving people less choices, and forcing teams of 3 down everyone's
throat is also the opposite of evolution in my eyes.

I definitely agree with you on the 2 revives though, that's the best part of the game IMO.

The visuals arent that great (the view distance is), but at least the FPS are high and the contrast is high, which makes spotting enemies easier than in a game overdone with detail where your biggest problem is spotting the enemy and you get shot in the back all the time.

I also disagree here. Spotting people in this game is a royal pain in the ass, primarily due to the texture quality being fairly low and all the bland environmental colours blending in with the bland player outfits, not to mention people jumping and running around everywhere on speed...

Oh yeah, and the game is extremely well polished. Even the balance is very good right from the start with only minor things needing some tweaking.

I'm my eyes there's a few things that this game does well:
- Banner team revival is AWESOME. I love this feature.
- Allowing people to launch and land together
- Allowing easy callouts using one button, especially for gear. Not sure if it's a good thing allowing enemy callouts, kinda dumbs down things a little though...
- Polish

Other than that it may as well be a new map for Blackout.

/shrug

16. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 22:50 Osc8r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 22:25:
A true evolution from other BR games. However there is still space to improve, especially in the loot/inventory aspect. Its obvious it was made for consoles.

Evolution how exactly? It feels and plays like your run of the mill COD port. Much smaller map than other BR games, smaller population cap, bland colors, average visuals, below average gun play, terrible ui and looting system, forced teams of 3, classes seem interesting but have little impact in the majority of encounters...

What am i missing? Seems like Blackout with a different limited time mode, and that game was hardly considered an evolution by any stretch...

Maybe i'm just getting old.

14. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 22:28 Osc8r

I honestly don't know how anyone older than 30 can enjoy this game, it's all just twitch and aim - there's little tactics, thought, or fights with actual depth... it's all just pew pew on speed.

It feels like a poorly done console port, kinda like Blackout but with a different map and pointless classes. The loot system is fn terrible as well.

Give it 6 months before the mindless masses wake up.

News Comments > Apex Legends Boasts 10M Players; 1M Concurrent
39. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 10M Players; 1M Concurrent Feb 8, 2019, 21:23 Osc8r

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Feb 7, 2019, 22:35:
As of right now on Twitch Apex is killing it with 235k viewers...poor Fortnite dropped to 107k viewers....Ninja be worried dude...

Same thing happened when Blackout was released, where is it now?

Doubt Fortnite has much to worry about, as it has actual has depth and a high skill ceiling, with the unique building mechanic leading to dynamic plays that keep people entertained.

What does Apex have? Just the same sh*t we've seen in the yearly COD instalment for the past 20 years..

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2019, 22:01.

37. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 10M Players; 1M Concurrent Feb 8, 2019, 20:36 Osc8r

Ok, I tried it, and honestly it feels just like COD Blackout, complete with clunky combat, tedious looting where everyone runs and slides around at super human speed. Classes seems like a gimmick more than anything unique or impactful.

Doubt it's going to have much staying power, it just seems to be your shallow, generic shooter where all that matter is your aim.

That said, if it keeps the kids out of Fortnite that's a positive... though I guess most of them would be migrating from COD anyway.

Meh.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2019, 22:12.

2. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 10M Players; 1M Concurrent Feb 7, 2019, 20:26 Osc8r

Still haven't had a chance to check it out yet, just hope it's better than that Blackout trash.

Hopefully they follow Fornite's tend of unique limited time modes - including ones with mech's.

Oh yeah, we also needs solo's and duo's. I foresee 3 player games being a royal pain in the butt.

News Comments > Apex Legends Hits 1M Players Right Off
26. Re: Apex Legends Hits 1M Players Right Off Feb 5, 2019, 15:09 Osc8r

Kain wrote on Feb 5, 2019, 13:20:
The really puzzling thing here is Respawn launching this when Anthem is only a week or two away. I guess they are a wholly owned subsidiary or perhaps EA just deemed it different markets but I can't help feel like there's some overlap.

Not really competition in my eyes. Ones a PVE grinder and really expensive, ones PVP only and f2p.

Anthem vs Division 2 releasing right next to each other is a little more perplexing.

Though in this case they probably wanted to get Apex out before Battlefield BR stole the headlines.

It will be interesting to see if this game has any staying power in the BR genre, or whether everyone will head back to their favorite BR game within a month or two.

I still dont see the appeal, no mechs, forced teams of 3, and it just looks like blackout all over again. I'll give it a try at some point though...

News Comments > Anthem Launch Plans
13. Re: Anthem Launch Plans Feb 4, 2019, 23:55 Osc8r

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 4, 2019, 22:16:
Osc8r wrote on Feb 4, 2019, 21:45:

TBH i quite enjoyed my time with Anthem but it needs a LOT of work. I also need confirmation around the longevity/replayability of the game, mech advancement and what endgame actually involves.

So maybe a xmas sale buy.

If you are a looter/shooter type of person, if you get all the top one's, you should be able to cycle them to keep the content fresh. Picked up Strange Brigade for $16 on the Lunar Sale, fun co-op'er.

Thanks. Yeah, i enjoy shooters in co-op but i prefer if there's some challenge and actual advancement.

Running around doing the same content over and over or doing MMO style missions non stop just to be rewarded with gear that's only a slight improvement over what i already have doesn't do it for me anymore, and i saw quite a bit of that in the Anthem demo.

I didn't even finish Destiny 2, as that got hugely repetitive after a while and warframe was even worse.

I'm also waiting to see what The Division 2 is like, as the flight aspect of Anthem seemed more of a negative than anything (in it's current form).

And aren't we in the era of AI now? Why are the AI in games still as braindead as ever, where the only challenge is the monsters endless HP bar? Why do i still need PVP to get dynamic engagements and an actual challenge?

/rant

News Comments > Anthem Launch Plans
8. Re: Anthem Launch Plans Feb 4, 2019, 21:45 Osc8r

Darks wrote on Feb 4, 2019, 19:52:
Drayth wrote on Feb 4, 2019, 19:06:
My time with the demo was decent. Sounds like they're going to address the majority of technical issues people had with it (that's a huge improvement over Bethesda calling theirs a beta even). My biggest peeve being the flight controls when in the air.

Core gameplay seemed solid enough. However I passed on both Destiny games, so others may be more burned out on the genre than I.

I think what a lot of people were not taking into account that this build was almost 2 months old, so yes there are a lot of updates to the game thats been done that we have not seen.

Plus they said there will be more updates coming in the next few weeks during and after launch.

Apparently the Age Of Conan beta build was 6 months old, so the full game was going to be bug free with lots of content!

TBH i quite enjoyed my time with Anthem but it needs a LOT of work. I also need confirmation around the longevity/replayability of the game, mech advancement and what endgame actually involves.

So maybe a xmas sale buy.

News Comments > Apex Legends Launched
16. Re: Apex Legends Launched Feb 4, 2019, 21:40 Osc8r

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 4, 2019, 17:35:
Osc8r wrote on Feb 4, 2019, 16:18:
So... Titanfall without mechs, and gameplay that looks quite indistinguishable from Blackout.

Meh.

What? I thought it might be cool when they said Titanfall. Ooooh, BR with mechs! Nope, hopes dashed. Interest gone.

Exactly my thought process as well. Started watching some streams keen to see some mech on mech action... and nothing? Just people running around on speed sliding around non stop and insta killing each other ala Call of Consoles: Blackout.

Wasted opportunity. Come on guys, do something different! Fortnite has building, what about the rest of you? Bring something new and interesting to the genre to pull people away from the game they are already comfortable and happy with.

News Comments > Apex Legends Launched
3. Re: Apex Legends Launched Feb 4, 2019, 16:18 Osc8r

So... Titanfall without mechs, and gameplay that looks quite indistinguishable from Blackout.

Meh.

News Comments > Anthem Changes for Launch
15. Re: Anthem Changes for Launch Feb 3, 2019, 20:15 Osc8r

Storm was fun to play, but i didn't find him OP. Nice being able to hover around the battlefield (in certain area's at least). He was the most buggy of the lot though, with endless UI glitches.

Ranger i quite enjoyed as well, very versatile and the laser beam ability was pretty damn good i must say.

The colossus seemed pretty pointless. Only played him a bit and he was slow, clunky, did average damage, and died even quicker due to no shield regen. Hopefully more item locks will improve him.

Didn't get to play the interceptor but he seemed to dish out even more damage than the Storm, with his throwing star things and his ultimate. He was my last choice due to being more focused on movement and flight... which was rather shitty in it's current form.

Hopefully there's a heap more variety out there in terms of weapons and class abilities...

News Comments > Anthem Changes for Launch
11. Re: Anthem Changes for Launch Feb 3, 2019, 16:38 Osc8r

Lots of good changes, but it needs a lot more.

The UI was appalling. Probably the worst i have ever seen in a game... hell, even the MS store is better. Those changes are no where near enough.

Swimming was terrible, flying was clunky, and the bugs... geez.

Loot was pretty average, often just finding slightly better versions of the same stuff after a while. See borderlands for inspiration.

The raid mission or whatever it's called, left a lot to be desired. Go here, collect this, drop it here - got boring and wasn't clear at all. A lot of times someone wouldn't even realise they walked over a collect item and thus never returned it to the dropoff point, meaning the mission wouldn't progress... and as there's no text chat, WTF!!
It also leaves the gates open for trolls.

Those open areas were pretty much barren, with nothing to do besides going out of bounds at every turn.

Speaking of which, why is the out of bounds system set to like 3 seconds? It takes 3 seconds to turn around with your shitty control scheme.

Where's the character skills and progression?

Hopefully the gear and items scale up a lot higher than blue, cause we need something to counter all the sponges.

Bugs, bugs, bugs... everywhere!

It's a little worrying if the demo was meant to showcase the best of what the game has to offer.

News Comments > Rumor: Titanfall Battle Royale Game Next Week
5. Re: Rumor: Titanfall Battle Royale Game Next Week Feb 2, 2019, 15:45 Osc8r

Could have potential, if done right.

Big IF though.

News Comments > Metro Exodus an Epic Store Exclusive - What This Means for Steam Preorders
63. Re: Metro Exodus an Epic Store Exclusive - What This Means for Steam Preorders Jan 29, 2019, 16:45 Osc8r

Everything works in steam (exept during the holiday periods) - send invite to friend - play.

Easy to backup game library, move to another drive etc.

Easy to purchase and gift games, add to wishlists etc.

Easy to change download locations, set download limits, set priorities, turn off downloads during gametime, override limits, pause updates on specific games etc..

Lots of details about games, including whether they are co-op etc.

Web version is also available.

Store has a decent layout, review system is easy to see at a glance, search has heaps of options and works well, browsing games is quick.

Lots of community forums, discussions and mods.

Try doing that on Ubishit, Origin, or the beyond terrible MS store (no really, what a steaming piece of sh*t).

I haven't purchased anything on GOG or Epic's store as i've never had the need. However, i had a quick look at Epic's store yesterday to see the price of Ashen and the details were extremely lacking.

In an ideal world all games would be available on all stores with the only difference being the price, and i'd happily pay more to play games using a store that's doesn't waste my time, and that actually works.

/rant.

556 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo