Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 592 (Apprentice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Get Age of Wonders III for Free
7. Re: Get Age of Wonders III for Free May 10, 2019, 08:05 Osc8r

Probably one of my favourite games ever, even better in co-op.

Get it.

Pro-tip, manticores.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ghost Recon World Premiere Thursday
5. Re: Ghost Recon World Premiere Thursday May 7, 2019, 18:14 Osc8r

Wildlands was quite enjoyable, but the mission variety was terribly lacking...as was the AI.

Hell, FC New Dawn was miles better in most aspects.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Gets Treasures of Turan DLC and Season Pass
5. Re: Conan Exiles Gets Treasures of Turan DLC and Season Pass Apr 16, 2019, 18:25 Osc8r

Fk off with reskinned buildings and gear, ADD MORE CONTENT!!

Your dungeons are a joke, as are your PVE raids.
Add things for PLAYERS TO DO.

How hard is it? Funcom strikes again... good core mechanics ruined by shit management and poor design.

News Comments > World War Z Breaks Out
9. Re: World War Z Breaks Out Apr 16, 2019, 18:21 Osc8r

Looks like it's quite linear with little replayability... though i'll wait for some reviews first.

Bring on Dying Light 2.

News Comments > Anno 1800 Released
11. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 18:16 Osc8r

I gave this one a shot but it felt like it was just a checklist of things i had to do rather than being able to experiment and build a city of my own.

Each play-through felt very samey as well, and the naval combat but no land battles further inhibited replayability.

A weekend was more than enough for me, which is disappointing as there a distinct lack of city building games out there and even fewer that have multiplayer.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 31, 2019, 17:23 Osc8r

Risk or Rain 2 is awesome... but i really want artifacts, random levels and my Chef class back.

News Comments > Tropico 6 Released
4. Re: Tropico 6 Released Mar 29, 2019, 16:15 Osc8r

There's a real lack of information around how multiplayer / co-op works...  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Announced
9. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 28, 2019, 18:03 Osc8r

I just have one question..... WHEN??!?!!?!?!  

News Comments > Risk of Rain 2 in Early Access with BOGO Promotion
2. Re: Risk of Rain 2 in Early Access with BOGO Promotion Mar 28, 2019, 17:24 Osc8r

I really enjoyed the first one as well, had quite a bit of replayability with the weapon and gear drops and was enjoyable in co-op.

Reviews looks promising and it's currently buy one copy get one free.. so i may just have to check this one out as well.

News Comments > Outward Rolls Out
10. Re: Outward Rolls Out Mar 26, 2019, 23:19 Osc8r

Another game i was really looking forward to... shame about the mixed reviews.

Still keen, but probably best to check back in 6-12 months by the sounds of it.

News Comments > Generation Zero Released
4. Re: Generation Zero Released Mar 26, 2019, 23:16 Osc8r

Was really hoping this would be a surprise hit... i mean, they already had an awesome (yet buggy) Engine so a lot of the work should have already been done?

Think i'll stick playing Hunter Call of the Wild co-op until they add more content and improve things here.

News Comments > Battlefield V Firestorm Launches
4. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm Launches Mar 26, 2019, 07:12 Osc8r

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 26, 2019, 05:21:
I watched a few games on twitch. One thing that immediately pops out. The map is fucking tiny, even compared to Apex Legends. It's miniscule.

Is that necessarily a bad thing though? I watched a few streams and nobody even had a kill well into their matches. In the end i only saw one snippet of combat before I got bored of watching people loot buildings and play with vehicles... and that's with a 'supposed' smallish map.

It honestly needs to be f2p. I saw very little that would draw people away from their current BR game. Maybe i'll try it when it's heavily discounted, but after the mess that was BF1 i have very little motivation to try this...

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2019, 18:36.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two
18. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 24, 2019, 17:57 Osc8r

El Pit wrote on Mar 23, 2019, 13:30:
And the kids have already moved on to Apex for the next few months before they move on to the next big free multiplayer drug. If you base the success of your game on catering to ADHS kids, you should expect to not be long in business.

Fortnite and PUBG are still of the most played and most profitable games on the planet and have been since they were release back in 2017.

So yeah, might want to check that logic.

News Comments > Play Black Desert Online for Free
5. Re: Play Black Desert Online for Free Mar 22, 2019, 03:00 Osc8r

Medvanis wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 17:14:
This game looks to be the poster child for pay2win and micro transactions. No thanks. Like I said in an earlier thread...eagerly awaiting WoW Classic

Ah yes, the MMO that completely ruined the genre

News Comments > BioWare Offers Anthem Post-Launch Thoughts
21. Re: BioWare Offers Anthem Post-Launch Thoughts Mar 20, 2019, 16:32 Osc8r

I personally find the gunplay and combat mechanics FAR better in Anthem than Division.

In the Division 2 guns still sound like toys, and have no real weight or impact... and the gameplay is just a matter of running from cover to cover to cover. Meh. Definitely not satisfying to me.

Just a shame that Anthem didn't get anything else right.

I'd take Far Cry New Dawn gunplay over them both (and the audio absolutely destroys both Div and Anthem), but it's another game that lacks content and variety.

News Comments > BioWare Offers Anthem Post-Launch Thoughts
6. Re: BioWare Offers Anthem Post-Launch Thoughts Mar 19, 2019, 22:22 Osc8r

Prez wrote on Mar 19, 2019, 21:23:
Maybe they'll insert another "bug" that makes drop rates somewhat reasonable. By all accounts the only time the end game has been fun is when one of these "bugs" pops up.

But even then legendary loot in this game isn't all that legendary at all...

You find more interesting gear in Borderlands at like level 5.

And what do you do when you eventually get a few decent legendary pieces? The higher difficulties drop chance doesn't even come close to offsetting the additional time investment (read: mob hp inflation), so you basically just grind on the same mobs in the Rage stronghold on the same difficulty and quit before the boss in a hope to get more legendary pieces that are virtually pointless anyway...

But that's if you can even get into a fresh Rage stronghold, most of the time you ended up in a Rage stronghold that's in progress due to everyone else in the game doing the exact same thing, so you're basically playing watch the loading screens.

The whole things a fkn mess. So much wasted potential.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2019, 22:32.

News Comments > Generation Zero Trailer
1. Re: Generation Zero Trailer Mar 18, 2019, 21:13 Osc8r

Hunter Call of the Wild (same engine) was a very unique, enjoyable game especially in co-op... so really looking forward to this.

Outward also goes into early access on the same day, which looks rather intriguing. Open world survival RPG with co-op and gives me some conan exile vibes - just hope it has more content and things to do.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2019, 17:58 Osc8r

So sorry to hear about the loss of your family member Blue. I recently lost my two beloved canines to cancer and it's still one of the hardest things to go through in life.

Best wishes to yourself and your family.

Rest in peace Gunnar-man.

News Comments > L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood
10. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 15, 2019, 01:30 Osc8r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 22:14:
Tried playing Vermintide for the first time last week. I could not get into it. Was it just bad, or have I left this genre behind?

Na, i felt the same way. Played the first and second during the free play weekend and was done with both of them within a day - repetitive, shallow and with limited maps.

News Comments > BioWare on the State of Anthem
26. Re: BioWare on the State of Anthem Mar 15, 2019, 01:05 Osc8r

Kxmode wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 19:41:
Osc8r wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 18:34:
Endgame is just repeating the same shit over and over, hoping to get better loot so you can do the same shit over and over but against enemies with inflated HP bars

Isn't that the end game for every game?

Not if there's PVP, even better loot at higher difficulties, bigger/harder bosses or zones, crafting+trading, gear locked dungeons, world bosses, raids etc.

Also there's other ways of increasing difficulty other than just multiplying enemy HP bars by a factor of 10... for the whole 3 dungeons?!

Even with a gear score of like 730 all i do is speed runs of GM1 because it's by far the most efficient way of getting a chance at legendaries. Do the top stronghold, clear all mobs, quit once you reach the boss. Rinse and repeat. Fun times!

592 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo