Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 600 (Apprentice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Anthem Delayed for New Battlefield Game in October

11. Re: Anthem Delayed for New Battlefield Game in October Jan 31, 2018, 16:19 Osc8r

Let's hope the next BF is a big step above that POS that is BF1.

I'd much rather have Anthem at this point in time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Sniper Shootout Limited Time Mode Live

1. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Sniper Shootout Limited Time Mode Live Jan 29, 2018, 19:41 Osc8r

For a whole 4 days? What a waste of time and resources.

These modes should last 2 weeks at least and then get replaced with a new limited time mode. That way the game has some variety and stays fresh.

That said i'm not sure they needed sniper mode (regardless of what the reddit fanboys come up with), just make it to the end of a regular match and that's all it is 99% of the time. People camping in massive bases sniping each other. /yawn

Explosive mode was this game at it's best. No looting for ages, no campers, no snipers, no rng/bloom - just all action from start to end.

News Comments > Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered

2. Re: Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered Jan 26, 2018, 19:31 Osc8r

Game had heaps of potential, but Epic thought they new best and made the game worse pretty much every patch i.e. turning the game from a MOBA to some shallow hero brawler with short match times and a lame card system.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2018, 23:36.

News Comments > SOS Early Access

5. Re: SOS Early Access Jan 23, 2018, 21:54 Osc8r

Angrius Maximis wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 20:36:
Oh Goodie.....just what we need another battle royale game...yay

As apposed to all the generic 'scoreboard' shooters we've been stuck with for the last 25 years?

Personally i'm still waiting for some AAA dev's to enter the BR genre (which is still in it's infancy). Preferably with a PC only title as I'm sick of us constantly being held back by toasters.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2018, 22:23.

News Comments > Epic on the Future of Paragon

8. Re: Epic on the Future of Paragon Jan 17, 2018, 18:16 Osc8r

Slick wrote on Jan 17, 2018, 17:59:
"stop focusing on short match times"

Well, back when I played this, Matches were usually 40-50 minutes... so yeah, that's a bit long. Especially considering getting a leaver after 30 minutes ruins the game for the other 9 remaining players...

Then they put in shit like orb prime buff and piss weak towers along with 2 minute death timers (even on your first death).

So nobody wanted to take fights, as one team fight past 20 minutes meant it was GG if the other team had a fn clue.

So matches became super slow and stale, yet the real reason matches dragged on is because the card system and player progression was terrible. If a team was behind all they had to do was play it safe, and eventually both teams would hit the super low progression ceiling and zzzzzz.

Then it was just people running between lanes setting creep zergs whilst they spammed unlimited wards around the map.

Game was a complete mess and lacked depth (beyond a confusing and pointless card system).

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 17, 2018, 17:09 Osc8r

And tomorrow it will be up 40%.

BUY NOW!!!

News Comments > Epic on the Future of Paragon

6. Re: Epic on the Future of Paragon Jan 17, 2018, 16:47 Osc8r

Here's an idea, remove the stupid card system and implement an item shop. Remove the hard cap on player growth & progression.

Add some complexity to the game instead of dumbing it down every patch.

Stop focusing on graphics and short match times.

Actually...just sell it to a company that knows how to MOBA, as the game has a ton of untapped potential.

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2018, 17:07.

News Comments > Get The Red Solstice for Free

9. Re: Get The Red Solstice for Free Jan 17, 2018, 01:27 Osc8r

It's just so slow and clunky... I bought it on a sale and could only stand 20 minutes before /uninstall.  

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Royale's Success

12. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Royale's Success Jan 17, 2018, 01:20 Osc8r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 19:17:
Osc8r wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 16:15:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 05:14:
Osc8r wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 00:31:
Ranger55 wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 21:06:
BR on PC is fun... until you run into cheaters, which doesn't take very long. Although, I've found I can mostly avoid them by joining matches with PS4 friends.

3-4 months ago i would have agreed with you, but i hardly come across any stripties anymore.

Hell, i just did a quick look and there's very few public hacks that support fortnite now and the ones that do are generally detected anyway.

That's one area they have actually done a pretty good job at, but they really needed to, seeing they are F2P and were infected with them not so long ago.

PUBG could definitely learn a thing or two from Epic in this regard.

That said i'm having a break until they fix their shooting mechanics... the RNG/Bloom drives me nuts.

I also wish they'd bring back the explosive only mode, the regular mode is starting to get a stale with all the campers and base builders which they seems to be encouraging more and more with each patch.
Its a UE4 game. That means there are dozens of cheats for it. Even if you dont find them.
I just did a quick search and as I said, there are dozens of recent ones.
Not to mention, if you get banned in this game, you simply create a new account and are able to play again in a matter of minutes.

But I do agree on their RNG crap. Shortly before I uninstalled it, I shot someone with a golden SCAR 6 times from medium range and all shots missed, even though he didnt move and I aimed perfectly and even crouched while doing it. He turned around, shot at me 3 times with an M16, all of them hit and I was dead with full health and shield.
I have no issues killing people close up or with a sniper, where this RNG doesnt make much difference, but using assault rifles from medium to long range, is just cancer.
From videos Ive seen that people with controller hit far better with it than people who play with mouse/keyboard.

Funny, the game has been my pretty much go to game since it was released.

6 months ago the game was infested with hacks (streamers were quitting, forum was full of complaints, and i was enountering them constantly) then Epic changed their detection methods and added battleye amongst other things. Script kiddies pretty much disappeared from that point forward.

You may find plenty of UE4 hacks out there, but i guarantee the vast majority of them are detected in fortnite. You will be lucky to get 5 minutes into a match before they get banned - sure, they can make a new account and hop back in but they'll get banned just as quick. The kiddies will get sick of this pretty quickly.

Yeah, their combat update / bloom removal looks promising... so i will check back in once that makes it onto their limited time mode as the RNG BS is by far my biggest complaint with the game now.

TBH explosive only mode ruined the game for me, it had no RNG, it had no campers, it was just all fast paced mayhem... and now it's gone. The regular mode now feels so slow with random combat mechanics to boot.

They are hardly detected nowadays. People are hiding them better. They can only be detected if the system knows them. A few changes and they dont know them anymore. Same problem in PUBG, which also uses Battleye. If they were detected, they wouldnt even be able to enter a game or would be banned right after they join a game. In these hacking threads, which you can easily find via Google, they all say "undetected" and have a recent date.

You can see in plenty of recent "cheater videos" that they arent detected until someone reports them while they watch that cheater do his thing. Only a few minutes after reporting they get banned. That implies someone living is actually sorting out these cheaters. And of course cheaters notice that quickly and try to hide it better, as I said.
But that also means they wont be banned instantly again, if they make a new account, because they werent banned because the system detected their hacks, but because some admin saw them playing, obviously cheating.

Yes, they actually are detected. Most of them don't even bother supporting fortnite anymore, but hey, knock yourself out and let us know how you get on.

Reporting does squat, it's their auto detection methods that have been doing the damage as seen by all the people why get banned before they even land or get to fire a shot (nothing to do with admins).

The truth of the matter is, nobody who has played fornite in the last 2-3 months complains about hackers... they just aren't a problem anymore.

PUBG on the other hand...

10. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Royale's Success Jan 16, 2018, 16:15 Osc8r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 05:14:
Osc8r wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 00:31:
BR on PC is fun... until you run into cheaters, which doesn't take very long. Although, I've found I can mostly avoid them by joining matches with PS4 friends.

3-4 months ago i would have agreed with you, but i hardly come across any stripties anymore.

Hell, i just did a quick look and there's very few public hacks that support fortnite now and the ones that do are generally detected anyway.

That's one area they have actually done a pretty good job at, but they really needed to, seeing they are F2P and were infected with them not so long ago.

That said i'm having a break until they fix their shooting mechanics... the RNG/Bloom drives me nuts.

I also wish they'd bring back the explosive only mode, the regular mode is starting to get a stale with all the campers and base builders which they seems to be encouraging more and more with each patch.
Its a UE4 game. That means there are dozens of cheats for it. Even if you dont find them.
I just did a quick search and as I said, there are dozens of recent ones.
Not to mention, if you get banned in this game, you simply create a new account and are able to play again in a matter of minutes.

But I do agree on their RNG crap. Shortly before I uninstalled it, I shot someone with a golden SCAR 6 times from medium range and all shots missed, even though he didnt move and I aimed perfectly and even crouched while doing it. He turned around, shot at me 3 times with an M16, all of them hit and I was dead with full health and shield.
I have no issues killing people close up or with a sniper, where this RNG doesnt make much difference, but using assault rifles from medium to long range, is just cancer.
From videos Ive seen that people with controller hit far better with it than people who play with mouse/keyboard.

Funny, the game has been my pretty much go to game since it was released.

6 months ago the game was infested with hacks (streamers were quitting, forum was full of complaints, and i was enountering them constantly) then Epic changed their detection methods and added battleye amongst other things. Script kiddies pretty much disappeared from that point forward.

You may find plenty of UE4 hacks out there, but i guarantee the vast majority of them are detected in fortnite. You will be lucky to get 5 minutes into a match before they get banned - sure, they can make a new account and hop back in but they'll get banned just as quick. The kiddies will get sick of this pretty quickly.

Yeah, their combat update / bloom removal looks promising... so i will check back in once that makes it onto their limited time mode as the RNG BS is by far my biggest complaint with the game now.

TBH explosive only mode ruined the game for me, it had no RNG, it had no campers, it was just all fast paced mayhem... and now it's gone. The regular mode now feels so slow with random combat mechanics to boot.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2018, 16:28.

7. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Royale's Success Jan 16, 2018, 00:31 Osc8r

News Comments > Another Fortnite Lawsuit

1. Re: Another Fortnite Lawsuit Jan 14, 2018, 16:50 Osc8r

Poor poor Epic, gotta try and sell as many of those $20 skins (in an early access game no less).  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2018, 16:00 Osc8r

Pigeon wrote on Jan 6, 2018, 14:07:
Anyone have recommendations for sub-$100 gaming headphones? Thinking about replacing my Razer Kraken 7.1's; the mic button doesn't work anymore, the material that covers the padding has deteriorated, and the software/drivers like to randomly break.

Noise cancellation isn't a big deal, and my onboard sound is decent (Realtek ALC1150), so 3.5mm connectors are viable.

I've been looking at the Steelseries Arctis 5/3s. Along with being great for gaming they're supposedly pretty good with music as well (once you adjust the EQ). One thing I'm curious about though is if you're connecting through 3.5mm is it still using the headset's sound-card? From what I understand, through a convoluted process, you can still configure the headphones if you're using the 3.5mm jack. This makes me think it's still using the headphones' sound card.

Anyways other recommendations are welcome. My current headphones more or less work fine, I'm just annoyed with them for the above stated reasons.

Not a big headphone user, but I bought myself a pair of HyperX cloud gaming 2's (if memory serves) and was really impressed. Check out some reviews and see if they may fit your bill. I used the USB version why bypassed my X-fi.

I'd be avoiding the 3.5 jack with onboard sound.

News Comments > Paladins Battlegrounds Announced

14. Re: Re: Paladins Battlegrounds Announced Jan 5, 2018, 03:36 Osc8r

Still need a AAA dev (not Blizztard) to make a BR game that's designed for PC's only.  

News Comments > Nexon Cutting LawBreakers Losses; Blames PUBG

51. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreakers Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 4, 2018, 16:58 Osc8r

MrBone wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 10:06:
I admit to not understanding how PUBG got so popular. Its game-play is generic and offers nothing new. But then again, I am still amazed at the whole find the Pokemon deal.

It's because it's a BR game where you fight to be the last man standing, which to a lot of people is more intense and dynamic than trying to top a scoreboard every 10 minutes.

Not a fan of the PUBG mechanics or slow gameplay though, so I'm sticking to fornite till something better comes along.

Speaking of generic though - that would be overwatch. It feels like bland copy of TF2 with terrible animations and repetitive gameplay (TF2 had heaps of modes, mods and custom maps). But hey... its got the Blizzard name attached.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2018, 15:33 Osc8r

Agree with Literally - it seems it's used correctly about 1% of the time.

Also 'clutch', you sound like such a try hard dweeb saying it.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend

6. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Dec 30, 2017, 22:27 Osc8r

Fun for a while, but get's repetitive.

-edit- That said, everyone should definitely try it.

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 2017, 22:54.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sequel Possibilities

13. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Dec 26, 2017, 05:23 Osc8r

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 01:22:
NewMaxx wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 08:53:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 00:34:
I disagree. I think that the Division is MUCH more repetitive than >95% of loot-based action RPGs. Not enough enemy variety, not enough loot variety, not enough gameplay variety. The settings isn't a good excuse for the extreme repetition.

That's another reason we (my friends and I) stopped playing/got bored but we kind of expected it after the betas because of the setting. May not be a good excuse but I'd be willing to overlook that shortcoming if the mechanics were a bit better (too much bullet sponge + insta-death) and especially if the loot system was improved. I realize there's been a ton of patches since I quit and they worked on the system but they made rookie mistakes on what was a gigantic game for them and they lost too many users by the time they got things working.

Yep, same here and for the guys I was playing with. If they had done more to vary the missions, rather than them being exactly the same every time, and done something more interesting than just increasing the health and damage of the enemies at higher levels, then maybe it would have had more staying power.

Until they fix that stuff, it's just a really tedious, boring slog.

Yeah, I played it during the free beta weekend and it got really repetitive. Same AI, same missions, just having to shoot enemies twice as much... which made progression meaningless and weapons feel like pea shooters.

News Comments > Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles

18. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2017, 17:34 Osc8r

Blizzard - dumbing down gaming one genre at a time.  

News Comments > PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays

8. Re: PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays Dec 16, 2017, 18:49 Osc8r

Was going to pick this up over xmas, but still enjoying Fortnite too much (and DOS 2).

Been watching a lot of PUBG videos and it seems very clunky... lots of walking, looting, then bam you are dead (usually by a camper).

Fortnite seems like there's more action/fun... even if its bloom makes fights a little too RNG for my liking.

Seems a lot of streamers have also jumped ship.

Probably will still pick it up one day.

600 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >