Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 592 (Apprentice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic Releases $12M Worth of Paragon Content
16. Re: Epic Releases $12M Worth of Paragon Content Mar 20, 2018, 18:05 Osc8r

Not sure why they don't sell some of these as skins in Fortnite - they'd make a killing off their fanboys.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
25. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 17:52 Osc8r

Once the novelty of sailing (took about an hour for me) and shooting yourself out of the cannon wears off, i fail to see how it's going to hold anyone's attention. It seems like a constant grind for gold, with 99% of your time sitting on a boat waiting to arrive at your next destination hoping you'll see another player to add some excitement into the mix.

Might considering buying it when it's $10 or less.

And the MS store is still bad. Sure, it's usable but it's still a turd, especially how they encrypt the game folder so you cant copy it across to another PC (not everyone in the world has 100MB internet connections with unlimited data.

News Comments > The Crew 2 in June
9. Re: The Crew 2 in June Mar 16, 2018, 17:06 Osc8r

I really enjoyed the first - though the multiplayer sucked, the story sucked, and the car balance sucked.

The vehicle switching thing in 2 looks like it could negatively impact things.. but hey, time will tell.

Still, there's not many decent free roam / co-op racing games around so count me interested.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Video Teases New Biomes
5. Re: MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Video Teases New Biomes Mar 15, 2018, 17:17 Osc8r

Is the game audio that bad they feel the need to cover it up with shitty music?

I'll try it because it's mechwarrior co-op, but after the abortion that mech online turned out to be i have fairly low hopes.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 15, 2018, 00:01 Osc8r

Cutter wrote on Mar 14, 2018, 13:17:
Not to mention what an environmental nightmare they are. They should just ban them outright. There is zero legitimate need or use for cryptocurrency.

“If I believe it, there's nothing 'theory' about it.” - Gary Webb

Except most of 'them' aren't even proof of work.

Oh, and i think you will find some of the biggest and most successful companies on the planet are investing into blockchain tech. No legitimate use? Fkn lmao.

Maybe try doing some research instead of smoking that media BS.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
43. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2018, 22:10 Osc8r

RIP. What an amazing human.  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Final Beta
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 10, 2018, 00:27 Osc8r

Is there any depth or replayability to this?

Tried it for a few hours and it seemed to get old rather quick.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released
3. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released Mar 8, 2018, 19:11 Osc8r

Turd Ferguson wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 17:52:
When the first game came out, I found it rather weak, it had tone of potential but got really boring, really fast, got my money back in seconds flat.

However, after playing Vermintide II closed beta, I have a really hard time putting it down

Hmm, i felt the same about the first one. Played it during a 'free weekend' even and was done with it in about 6 hours.

Maybe i should look into this one a little more... (it does have co-op after all).

News Comments > The Division 2 Revealed
23. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 16:26 Osc8r

Game was so.... repetitive. The gun play, weapons sounds, and AI sponges were the icing on the cake corn kernel on the turd.  

News Comments > H1Z1 Goes Free-to-Play
6. Re: H1Z1 Goes Free-to-Play Mar 8, 2018, 16:25 Osc8r

"You asked, we heard you"

Pretty sure nobody asked, and nobody cares.

Karma's a bitch.

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Getting Five Team Mode
1. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Getting Five Team Mode Mar 7, 2018, 18:08 Osc8r

Wonder if they'll run this one for more than 5 weekdays...  

News Comments > H1Z1 Launches With New Auto Royale Mode
12. Re: H1Z1 Launches With New Auto Royale Mode Feb 28, 2018, 20:14 Osc8r

Hopefully they fixed the netcode... cause back in the regular BR days cars would be 10 metres out between players (ever try and run someone over in this game? lol).

But yeah, they seem to be scrambling to keep players so i have my doubts, plus it IS daybreak after all - so if anything they've likely made it worse.

News Comments > Fortnite Adds New Mode; Getting Jetpacks
6. Re: Fortnite Adds New Mode; Getting Jetpacks Feb 27, 2018, 17:19 Osc8r

Kxmode wrote on Feb 27, 2018, 16:10:
Meanwhile Paragon is balling in the corner. Crying

Paragon died a long time before fortnite came along, and they only have themselves to blame for that. Patch after patch they made the game worse and completely ignored their community (well, apart from the Epic fanboys on reddit).

News Comments > Fortnite Adds New Mode; Getting Jetpacks
5. Re: etc. Feb 27, 2018, 17:16 Osc8r

Seems the jetpacks are being delayed till next week, so we are getting a hunting rifle instead.

Which is a shame, because my main complaint (besides bloom/spread) at the moment is that the endgame is so... slow and repetitive (especially in duos and squads). The rest of the game is fast paced, then you get to the end and it's always 3-4 massive bases full of snipers just turtling hoping they get lucky with the gas RNG.

So i was hoping that jetpacks would alleviate that issue somewhat and add more gameplay variety and strategy. I'm also purplexed why they made launch pads so damn rare.

Doubt they'd ever remove rocket riding though, there's no reason why the would. What other game does this? It suits the game to a T.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
15. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 26, 2018, 01:19 Osc8r

Redmask wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 21:52:
Ozmodan wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 20:45:
Well is it enough of a problem for Samsung to get out of the business.

Samsung was never truly in the business of making "OLED" panels for TVs. They are pushing their aging LED line with a bullshit Q in front of it to confuse people for as long as possible until they can mass produce Micro LED panels.

Frankly the only TV maker other than LG making anything worth a damn is Sony, they have the best motion processing tech in the business and source panels from everyone. They even have a truly incredible OLED sets.

Pretty much.

They had no answer for OLED (and couldn't compete in manufacturing) so they let their marketing team have at it... and thus QLED was born.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
10. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 25, 2018, 21:21 Osc8r

Yep, another one here... went through two top of the line Samsung LED's 2 years back with horrid uniformity and banding before ditching them and going with an LG OLED.

Even though it's 2k vs 4k and 55" vs 65" it blows the LED's away in picture quality. It probably gets used an average of 5-6 hours a day over the past 2.5 years and not a single burn in issue.

Only fault i can find is to do with motion, though i wouldn't say it's any worse than the Samsung.

Will likely buy a 65" LG OLED when the 2018 versions with the new alpha chipsets hit.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2018, 21:15 Osc8r

Funny thing is, i never bought GTA or Skyrim solely because they lacked co-op. So as successful as these games are there's still an untapped market out there.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2018, 16:46 Osc8r

I was interested in Hunt until I watched a couple of video's online and the hit registration, player animations, weapon sounds and combat all seemed a little off.

Which is surprising considering it's Crytek...

Will check back in on it in a few months.

News Comments > EA Showing New Battlefield in June
10. Re: EA Showing New Battlefield in June Feb 23, 2018, 19:26 Osc8r

Battlefield Royale.

Sounds good to me. BF1 was a turd.

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released
12. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released Feb 21, 2018, 16:23 Osc8r

Wolololololololooo  

592 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo