Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 556 (Apprentice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Generation Zero Trailer
1. Re: Generation Zero Trailer Mar 18, 2019, 21:13 Osc8r

Hunter Call of the Wild (same engine) was a very unique, enjoyable game especially in co-op... so really looking forward to this.

Outward also goes into early access on the same day, which looks rather intriguing. Open world survival RPG with co-op and gives me some conan exile vibes - just hope it has more content and things to do.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2019, 17:58 Osc8r

So sorry to hear about the loss of your family member Blue. I recently lost my two beloved canines to cancer and it's still one of the hardest things to go through in life.

Best wishes to yourself and your family.

Rest in peace Gunnar-man.

News Comments > L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood
10. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 15, 2019, 01:30 Osc8r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 22:14:
Tried playing Vermintide for the first time last week. I could not get into it. Was it just bad, or have I left this genre behind?

Na, i felt the same way. Played the first and second during the free play weekend and was done with both of them within a day - repetitive, shallow and with limited maps.

News Comments > BioWare on the State of Anthem
26. Re: BioWare on the State of Anthem Mar 15, 2019, 01:05 Osc8r

Kxmode wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 19:41:
Osc8r wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 18:34:
Endgame is just repeating the same shit over and over, hoping to get better loot so you can do the same shit over and over but against enemies with inflated HP bars

Isn't that the end game for every game?

Not if there's PVP, even better loot at higher difficulties, bigger/harder bosses or zones, crafting+trading, gear locked dungeons, world bosses, raids etc.

Also there's other ways of increasing difficulty other than just multiplying enemy HP bars by a factor of 10... for the whole 3 dungeons?!

Even with a gear score of like 730 all i do is speed runs of GM1 because it's by far the most efficient way of getting a chance at legendaries. Do the top stronghold, clear all mobs, quit once you reach the boss. Rinse and repeat. Fun times!

News Comments > Battlefield V Firestorm This Month
1. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm This Month Mar 14, 2019, 18:47 Osc8r

TTK still 0.01 seconds?

They do make good trailers though... just a shame about the gameplay.

News Comments > BioWare on the State of Anthem
24. Re: BioWare on the State of Anthem Mar 14, 2019, 18:34 Osc8r

Lack of content

All missions felt the same

Lack of loot

Loading screens

Having to constantly go back to the pointless hub to equip gear / accept another mission

When you do finally manage to get the super rare LEGENDARY loot it's anti climactic anyway, as it's neither game changing or vastly different to the Masterwork gear you have 500 copies of.
- There's NO PVP, so why do you need such boring, spreadsheet balanced loot?

Endgame is just repeating the same shit over and over, hoping to get better loot so you can do the same shit over and over but against enemies with inflated HP bars?

Meh. So much wasted potential.

News Comments > Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive
83. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 13, 2019, 20:17 Osc8r

No co-op no care.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 13, 2019, 19:11 Osc8r

Where's all the 'poor ninja' commenters now?

Also:

Fortnite: 170k viewers
Apex: 70k viewers

Blackout 2.0 losing steam already?

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Tease?
11. Re: Borderlands 3 Tease? Mar 13, 2019, 03:48 Osc8r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 03:45:
SimplyMonk wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 01:08:
Battle Royale with randomly generated guns.

That actually sounds pretty cool...

Agreed, and it could be HUGE. Would basically be a better version of Apex if done right.

That said, I want more co-op B1 style...and get the Tiny Tina DLC writer involved.

News Comments > Anthem Patched
16. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 10, 2019, 00:34 Osc8r

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 9, 2019, 23:13:
Osc8r wrote on Mar 9, 2019, 22:49:
I was quite enjoying the game until the patch... they basically made monsters on higher GM difficulties just super bullet spunges, yet they haven't changed the loot tables at all... just more blue and purple trash and even less oranges. 20 strongholds later and not a single legendary or meaningful upgrade.

And i'm pretty much done.

Only thing left to do is to grind for eternity to get gear that allows me to be able to kill monsters with even more inflated HP... pass.

If you are gun heavy I felt it might be a small nerf. On your actually skills it was a big boost, it is now back to a skills game throughout vs changing late game to a gun game.

Na, im a skill heavy storm and it was a huge nerf, sure, it says I do more damage in GM2 strongholds but only because monsters HP have been heavily inflated by a much larger margin.

I used to do nothing but GM2 stronghold runs and GM3 freeroam, but now GM2 mobs just make the game feel like an RSI inducing chore.

GM1 strongholds I could easily do solo though... so it's either a choice of piss easy runs or a full on snore fest just to try and get better gear, to make the next level or snore fest level boring?

What a terrible patch.

News Comments > Anthem Patched
14. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 9, 2019, 22:49 Osc8r

I was quite enjoying the game until the patch... they basically made monsters on higher GM difficulties just super bullet spunges, yet they haven't changed the loot tables at all... just more blue and purple trash and even less oranges. 20 strongholds later and not a single legendary or meaningful upgrade.

And i'm pretty much done.

Only thing left to do is to grind for eternity to get gear that allows me to be able to kill monsters with even more inflated HP... pass.

News Comments > The Division 2 Exclusive to Uplay and Epic Games Store After Next Week
10. Re: The Division 2 Exclusive to Uplay and Epic Games Store After Next Week Mar 9, 2019, 19:23 Osc8r

Quinn wrote on Mar 9, 2019, 02:45:
I feel like Epic thinks they can rule the world with their lucky Fortnite success. Don't they yet realize Fortnite is in its death-throws being murdered by Apex Legends, I wonder?

Fornite is still killing it, even with Apex around (infact, Fortnite currently has 90k more Twitch viewers than Apex).

And they are investing in their store knowing full well that Fortnite's success wont last forever.

That said, I hate Epic's store, it lacks in so many area's compared to Steam.

-edit- my spelling still sucks.

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2019, 17:31.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Free Weekend
1. Re: Conan Exiles Free Weekend Mar 7, 2019, 21:04 Osc8r

I really wish they'd add more content and things to do, the mechanics, building and world itself are all enjoyable but the content is lacking and the dungeons are terrible.  

News Comments > "Spiritual Quake Successor" WRATH: Aeon of Ruin Announced
26. Re: Mar 7, 2019, 17:23 Osc8r

Looks pretty good tbh...but...does it have co-op? nightmare mode? co-op nightmare mode?

-edit-
Thanks Darks for the feature list, co-op mode confirmed! Time to chew ass and kick bubble gum....

News Comments > Warhammer: Chaosbane Closed Beta This Week
1. Re: Warhammer: Chaosbane Closed Beta This Week Mar 5, 2019, 21:10 Osc8r

Please don't suck!  

News Comments > The Division 2 Launch Trailer
2. Re: The Division 2 Launch Trailer Mar 5, 2019, 21:05 Osc8r

Definitely an improvement over the first, but the guns still sound like shit and have no real weight/impact when fired. Was hoping this was just limited to the lower levels but tried the geared pre-made high level characters and some of them were even worse - the endgame sniper rifle sounded like some kind of toy.

Probably check it out at some point down the road.

News Comments > Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players
38. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players Mar 5, 2019, 16:19 Osc8r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 4, 2019, 22:51:
Osc8r wrote on Mar 4, 2019, 19:34:

IMO if i'm playing a game with one life, i want each fight to be intense, lasting and meaningful... where you have multiple opportunities to re-act and outplay your opponent, not just boom boom thank you mam. Personally i feel the COD style mechanics are the least suited to the BR genre.

/rant
Eh?
You have plenty opportunities in that game. How long have you played it? You dont really seem to know it.
The classes all have their special abilities that can give you an awesome advantage, *if* used right.
Fights are far quicker over in PUBG or Fortnite than in Apex. And then you also dont have the 2 possibilities to get rezzed, nor can you heal as fast as in Apex in any other game. You can actually make very bad mistakes and still live through them because of all your options. The tight packed map also gives you plenty of options to outplay your opponents or to run and lick your wounds (or get your teammates back).
If you think this is CoD style, then theres nothing to change your mind, since you already ignore all reason.

For starters, i'm not the one that had a problem with fights being over quickly - quite the opposite actually.

Secondly, i already acknowledged that being able to be rez'd was one of the better things about the game.

Thirdly, yeah... maybe put down your joystick and invest in some reading classes and get back to me when you've had a chance to level it up a bit.

-edit-
Time for another random twitch sample:
Fortnite - 170k
Apex - 110k
PUBG - 50k
Blackout - 10k

Funny how the only game that's really suffering since Apex's launch (beyond the initial new game hype period) is Blackout... you know, the game with very similar core mechanics including movement and gunplay.

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2019, 17:01.

31. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players Mar 4, 2019, 19:34 Osc8r

theglaze wrote on Mar 4, 2019, 18:49:
Osc8r wrote on Mar 4, 2019, 18:11:
Yeah, but you can make games where there's more the engagements that just better aim = wins. Or where you run and slide around the map like your playing COD from the 90's.

Give more some BR games with some meaningful classes and RPG mechanics, and where fights last more than 3 seconds

Surely we have enough COD style BR games now?

Sure, uncanny aim is highly valued... but geezers like myself who don't have that flick anymore, we have to come up with other ways to win!

A large part of that is teamwork, exploiting the environment to your advantage, gear load outs that compliment your style/character/teammates, and then executing on tactics to bait, confuse, and overpower your opponents based on the situation.

If you want more RPG mechanics than that in an FPS, play Overwatch. If you want more classic styled RPG-elements within an FPS, then go play..... I can't think of one!

In my time with Apex it felt more arcadey than the other BR games, where the primary element to winning fights was aim and twitch/reflexes. Tactics and positioning etc all took a backseat due to the ability to move around the map and relocate at super human speeds. I hated the attachment system as well, just seem slow and tedious and didn't suit the gameplay.

I never could get into Overwatch, it just felt clunky and like a poor substitute to TF2.

Appreciate the input though.

I did do a quick search and it looks like there's hope for me still, looks like Black Desert and Ashes of Creation have a unique take on the BR genre, and there's also another called Spellbreak. These all appear to be bring more variety and RPG elements to the genre.

IMO if i'm playing a game with one life, i want each fight to be intense, lasting and meaningful... where you have multiple opportunities to re-act and outplay your opponent, not just boom boom thank you mam. Personally i feel the COD style mechanics are the least suited to the BR genre.

/rant

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2019, 20:19.

29. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players Mar 4, 2019, 18:11 Osc8r

theglaze wrote on Mar 4, 2019, 18:02:
Retired wrote on Mar 4, 2019, 17:38:

pass. I don't need a colorful COD clone where I have to shoot someone 36 times to kill them.

Watching the top streamers it is just a jump twitch fest.
...what online FPS games don't reward crafty maneuvers with accurate aim? Pretty sure it's a cornerstone of the genre!

Yeah, but you can make games where there's more the engagements that just better aim = wins. Or where you run and slide around the map like your playing COD from the 90's.

Give more some BR games with some meaningful classes and RPG mechanics, and where fights last more than 3 seconds

Surely we have enough COD style BR games now?

28. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players Mar 4, 2019, 18:05 Osc8r

ledhead1969 wrote on Mar 4, 2019, 17:39:
Osc8r wrote on Mar 4, 2019, 17:29:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 4, 2019, 16:48:
Osc8r wrote on Mar 4, 2019, 16:11:
Looks like is it's slowly losing it's lead on Twitch, so maybe people are starting to get bored of it already?

Not my cup of tea, just felt like a new Blackout map.
More like time of day dependent.
Fortnite is starting to be mainly non-english speaking channels. Same thing happened to PUBG.

How about right a random sample of... just now? (5:30pm in NY)

Fornite - 200k
Apex - 150k

And that's even with Shroud and DRD online for Apex, no real top Fortnite streamers currently online but Gotaga (FN) has more viewers than Shroud.

Not seeing a big non-english presence on either game.

Which is already a massive change, a few weeks ago Apex was killing Fornite in viewers at all times of the day.

So it would appear like the Apex decline has already begun... well, at least when it comes to Twitch viewers which admittedly only means so much.
That said, same thing happened to Blackout and where is it now? It was just a flash in the pan and quickly forgotten.

Didn't fortnite just release their new season pass? That probably has a lot to do with it.

Also includes Apex ping system, too.

Ah, that could explain it then, i haven't played fortnite for a few months now so i'm out of the loop.

Good to hear they added the ping system, that was one thing i found refreshing, as was the ability to rez team mates.

As a whole though i felt like Apex had no staying power, with no depth or skill ceiling outside of having good aim, so i felt it would lose momentum and interest really quickly.

But then again people love COD so i could be wrong on all points...

Oh well, i guess time will tell!

556 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo