Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 592 (Apprentice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed
19. Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed Aug 31, 2018, 02:00 Osc8r

Saboth wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 19:02:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 18:37:
All games need a co-op OPTION.

I can't remember the last single player game i finished...maybe GTA SA? All games are better with mates.

Perhaps, but there are single player games that were absolutely ruined by coop. I loved Orcs Must Die. For the second game, they added coop and the game was terrible as a single-player experience. The maps were too large, you spent to much time running. It was obviously tuned for 2 people, and was not remotely as fun as the first game.

How do you know it was solely due to co-op? Similar thing happened to Dungeon defenders but it had co-op in both.

Sometimes dev's are just stupid.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Free Weekend
2. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Free Weekend Aug 31, 2018, 01:46 Osc8r

I'll give it a shot, but the streams i watched seemed to be nothing more than left mouse button spam.  

News Comments > Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed
15. Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed Aug 30, 2018, 18:37 Osc8r

All games need a co-op OPTION.

I can't remember the last single player game i finished...maybe GTA SA? All games are better with mates.

News Comments > Battlefield V Delayed
9. Re: Battlefield V Delayed Aug 30, 2018, 18:33 Osc8r

SirKnight wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 13:33:
Mordhaus wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 12:53:
It's gonna suck so who cares?

What is your secret to seeing into the future?

Because it's too similar to BF1 and that (POS) wasn't exactly a raging success. Think there's was like one mode and two servers with enough players in OCE.

Maybe the BR mode can save them.

News Comments > 1000-player Mortal Royale Announced
8. Re: 1000-player Mortal Royale Announced Aug 28, 2018, 19:05 Osc8r

Yeah, I tried Mortal Online when it was released and came across a whole 2 other people.

Probably the worst game engine i've ever seen. 1000 players? lmao.

That said a MMO BR game would probably work well. People were interested in the concept in Realm Royale however it was a disappointment and super shallow.

News Comments > Strange Brigade Launches
11. Re: Strange Brigade Launches Aug 28, 2018, 18:23 Osc8r

Was kinda looking forward to this one, but...

Locked at 60fps and no FOV adjustment? Vomit.

Looks fairly linear / scripted / forgettable.

Way overpriced.

Will wait for a sale (and some patches) as i'm still hoping i'll get a few hours our enjoyment out of the co-op.

News Comments > Fear The Wolves Early Access
4. Re: Fear The Wolves Early Access Aug 28, 2018, 18:14 Osc8r

Jagacademy wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 13:50:
There are 10 battle royale games coming out in a 30 day period, market is over-saturating itself into oblivion.

99% of them are D grade trash that aren't going to get any market share to begin with. 2 years ago you may have got away with it (see h1z1), but fortnite (and PUBG to a much lesser extent) has set the bar high so unless you're going to offer something better or drastically different you are only setting yourself up for failure.

I watched a few streams of Fear the Wolves and don't really see it taking off. Seems like a buggy, slow paced, more 'realistic' style BR game - a market that PUBG already caters to rather well?

Hell, Fear the Wolves currently has 100 viewers on twitch. Compare that to SCUM which has 30,000 viewers. Is it already a flop?

Only one i'm remotely interested in at this point is BF5. It has the engine, mechanics and vehicles to become huge.

I also think a AAA MMO style BR game would do well. Where classes are actually impactful and play completely different (unlike realm royale that was a shallow POS).

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2018, 20:35.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video
14. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video Aug 27, 2018, 19:01 Osc8r

Looks awesome, just hope they eventually add co-op.  

News Comments > Sunday Patches
4. Re: Sunday Patches Aug 26, 2018, 18:52 Osc8r

Gotta admit, that looks pretty cool.

So many memories.

News Comments > Fortnite Competitive Mode Plans
2. Re: Fortnite Competitive Mode Plans Aug 26, 2018, 18:46 Osc8r

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 13:02:
Fortnite is on it's way out. Too much of a good thing.

Growth is slowing, but it's still growing...and still eclipsing pretty much every other game out there.

Hell, some shoddy Friday comp pulls in more viewers than the final of the Walking Dead.

Don't see it going anywhere soon... at least until it gets competition from a true AAA BR game.

News Comments > H1Z1 Just Survive Dies in October
6. Re: H1Z1 Just Survive Dies in October Aug 26, 2018, 18:31 Osc8r

Can't believe how terrible this company was/is.

Fortnite is in early access as well and even early days before it took off, they fixed, improved and added more content in a single update than daybreak did in the course of 2 years.

And every time daybreak tried to fix things they ended up breaking 10 more. Not to mention they could never get on top of hackers or exploits, and their new map designed for BR... what a complete and utter mess.

Shame the company isn't the one 'sunsetting'.

News Comments > Stormdivers Announced
5. Re: Stormdivers Announced Aug 22, 2018, 03:47 Osc8r

-delete me-  

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Trailer Shows Battle Royale
10. Re: Battlefield 5 Trailer Shows Battle Royale Aug 16, 2018, 18:14 Osc8r

Hopefully they get the TTK right in BR mode. That's one thing fortnite does right and where building comes into it's own.

Not sure how they are going to balance tanks either, but i'm down.

Not really interested in the base game though, looks too much like BF1 for my liking.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Open Beta Begins
7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Open Beta Begins Aug 12, 2018, 04:39 Osc8r

heroin wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 21:40:
Get your crap Activision games outta my Blizz Launcher

They fit in rather well with Blizzard games these days, sadly.

News Comments > Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week
13. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 10, 2018, 18:00 Osc8r

Bishi wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 07:04:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 23:09:
Meh. When's the BR version coming? It looks like the same thing we've done for the past 15+ years and i still have a bad taste in my mouth from BF1.

I'm already sick of BR games, I hope the BR in this is shit so it doesn't become a dominant game mode.

I hope it does or at least keeps expanding, it's far more exciting than the insta-respawning & zerg rushing scoreboard orientated games we've been stuck with for the past 2 decades.

News Comments > Hunt Showdown Free Weekend
4. Re: Hunt Showdown Free Weekend Aug 10, 2018, 04:50 Osc8r

Is the combat still terrible with guns that sound like and resemble pea shooters? Sounded like an interesting premise until I watched some gameplay videos.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week
5. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 9, 2018, 23:09 Osc8r

Meh. When's the BR version coming? It looks like the same thing we've done for the past 15+ years and i still have a bad taste in my mouth from BF1.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Aug 8, 2018, 18:18 Osc8r

ItBurn wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 17:16:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 17:01:
But hey, it's free so what has he got to lose. Let him make up his own mind.

My time, which is pretty precious. I hate mmos, I hate mmo gameplay and I hate infinite mundane quests and I haven't been convinced to try the game yet... I can't imagine a world where I'll make it a high enough priority that I'll make time to play it. Maybe if I fall into a huge depression and everyone I know leaves me :p

Haha, true that. Well, i've being playing MMO's since UO and AC1. Post WOW they all started to get very samey to me - infinite mundane quests and PVE grinds (WOW also managed to turn PVP into a grind, quite impressive really).

If you don't like the typical MMO formula you won't enjoy ESO. Scenery and familiar environments wasn't enough to cover up the boring gameplay of this one, at least for me.

The grouping system was still atrocious last time i played, it's like the game was designed to be played solo:

https://youtu.be/Ov3B26h12C4?t=11m20s

I'll keep holding out for co-op support in future versions of Elder Scrolls as ESO definitely didn't scratch that itch.

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2018, 21:28.

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Aug 8, 2018, 17:01 Osc8r

El Pit wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 05:53:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 04:26:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 02:08:
My friend refuses to play MMOs. I hate them too actually, but I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan. Do you have a way of convincing us to play this?

Don't. It's boring even by MMO standards and the combat is trash.

Games h8er strikes again!

Don't listen to him, he is trolling EVERY game out there. TESO is a solid MMO but requires A LOT of farming if you want to play the free version.

Awe, did I hurt your feeling el-cupcake?

Not trolling, just not a fan of certain games and this is one of them. Hell, even the neverwinter MMO was more enjoyable than this poor excuse for a game. Its NOTHING close to being elder scrolls with friends (which is what I'm still hanging for), it's a game where your brain switches off and you run around doing mundane shit over and over without a single challenge or memorial encounter to be seen, complete with shoddy combat and auto leveling mobs. Joy!

But hey, it's free so what has he got to lose. Let him make up his own mind.

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Aug 8, 2018, 04:26 Osc8r

ItBurn wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 02:08:
My friend refuses to play MMOs. I hate them too actually, but I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan. Do you have a way of convincing us to play this?

Don't. It's boring even by MMO standards and the combat is trash.

592 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo