Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 556 (Apprentice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week
5. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 9, 2018, 23:09 Osc8r

Meh. When's the BR version coming? It looks like the same thing we've done for the past 15+ years and i still have a bad taste in my mouth from BF1.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Aug 8, 2018, 18:18 Osc8r

ItBurn wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 17:16:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 17:01:
But hey, it's free so what has he got to lose. Let him make up his own mind.

My time, which is pretty precious. I hate mmos, I hate mmo gameplay and I hate infinite mundane quests and I haven't been convinced to try the game yet... I can't imagine a world where I'll make it a high enough priority that I'll make time to play it. Maybe if I fall into a huge depression and everyone I know leaves me :p

Haha, true that. Well, i've being playing MMO's since UO and AC1. Post WOW they all started to get very samey to me - infinite mundane quests and PVE grinds (WOW also managed to turn PVP into a grind, quite impressive really).

If you don't like the typical MMO formula you won't enjoy ESO. Scenery and familiar environments wasn't enough to cover up the boring gameplay of this one, at least for me.

The grouping system was still atrocious last time i played, it's like the game was designed to be played solo:

https://youtu.be/Ov3B26h12C4?t=11m20s

I'll keep holding out for co-op support in future versions of Elder Scrolls as ESO definitely didn't scratch that itch.

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2018, 21:28.

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Aug 8, 2018, 17:01 Osc8r

El Pit wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 05:53:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 04:26:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 02:08:
My friend refuses to play MMOs. I hate them too actually, but I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan. Do you have a way of convincing us to play this?

Don't. It's boring even by MMO standards and the combat is trash.

Games h8er strikes again!

Don't listen to him, he is trolling EVERY game out there. TESO is a solid MMO but requires A LOT of farming if you want to play the free version.

Awe, did I hurt your feeling el-cupcake?

Not trolling, just not a fan of certain games and this is one of them. Hell, even the neverwinter MMO was more enjoyable than this poor excuse for a game. Its NOTHING close to being elder scrolls with friends (which is what I'm still hanging for), it's a game where your brain switches off and you run around doing mundane shit over and over without a single challenge or memorial encounter to be seen, complete with shoddy combat and auto leveling mobs. Joy!

But hey, it's free so what has he got to lose. Let him make up his own mind.

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Aug 8, 2018, 04:26 Osc8r

ItBurn wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 02:08:
My friend refuses to play MMOs. I hate them too actually, but I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan. Do you have a way of convincing us to play this?

Don't. It's boring even by MMO standards and the combat is trash.

News Comments > Death Knight Joins Quake Champions
3. Re: Death Knight Joins Quake Champions Aug 5, 2018, 23:49 Osc8r

Suppa7 wrote on Aug 5, 2018, 22:13:
fawker wrote on Aug 5, 2018, 14:50:
From what I googled you're SOL and have to try contacting Bethesda. Not worth it over $5 if you like the game.

Not even worth $5, the reality is quake has been ruined by this new generation of idiots spending money on fucking cosmetics. The fact that EPIC is now raking in billions from cosmetics in a game kids don't even own is fucking disturbing. Proof that man evolved from monkeys.

The fact that modern micro-transactions take advantage of stupid tech illiterate kids and adults and now we've lost control of the awesome shit we had in the 90's - level editors, sdks, etc... now paired back or gone completely.

Meh, quake (and ID) went to shit long before micro-transactions became a thing.

And i have no problems with kids paying for pointless cosmetics as long as i get the game for free as a result.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 25, 2018, 18:21 Osc8r

Pfft, wake me up when micro LED arrives... until then it's OLED all the way.

LCD can go die in a grave, right alongside all the marketing jargon they can come up with to try and confuse consumers.

News Comments > Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions
32. Re: Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions Jul 18, 2018, 23:09 Osc8r

The game was always shit and single highhandedly dumbed down and killed the entire MMO genre.  

News Comments > The Culling 2 Launches: Players Quickly Culled
6. Re: The Culling 2 Launches: Players Quickly Culled Jul 12, 2018, 18:19 Osc8r

Total of 20 people watching a terrible clone of that shitty, long forgotten h1z1 game.

Good luck with that.

News Comments > Fortnite 5.0 Kicks Off Season 5
14. Re: Fortnite 5.0 Kicks Off Season 5 Jul 12, 2018, 18:06 Osc8r

Great to see things continually changing, however IMO:

They need more unique LTM modes like the Thanos gametype.

Stop nerfing shotguns and double pump.

Burst rifles need love.

Stop lowering the skill ceiling and catering to noobs. This isn't that dead Realm Royal game.

They need to fix 50v50 v3 server performance, it's been 3 weeks now and it's still laggy AF and they don't seem to be interested in fixing it. Their support is just an auto response and the forums are beyond useless as they are just full of posts about skins, memes, streamers and other fanboy BS.

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 12, 2018, 10:20:
The BR mode is the most popular because it is free, but the PVE stuff is way better, IMO. It also got an update, but because you have to pay to access it, there are far fewer players and less media coverage. My girlfriend and I have gotten addicted recently, which is awesome because after the first few stages of the alpha I didn't relly like the direction it was going but now it seems to be back on track during early access.

I highly doubt it. The PVE mode should be free sometime this year and i bet it still won't have a tiny fraction of the amount of players as the BR game. PVE mode felt bland and repetitive (dungeon defenders was 100x better), without the BR mode to support it would have probably been canned by now. It didn't sell well at all.

News Comments > Monster Hunter: World PC Date and Specs Monday
10. Re: Monster Hunter: World PC Date and Specs Monday Jul 7, 2018, 17:45 Osc8r

Looks so... boring/repetitive.  

News Comments > The Crew 2 Launches
11. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 19:00 Osc8r

No point playing with friends, if you get into first place the AI enables cheats and sticks to you like glue.

No story, just lame social media bs.

Meh

News Comments > Fortnite Sets Monthly F2P Sales Record
12. Re: Fortnite Sets Monthly F2P Sales Record Jun 27, 2018, 20:46 Osc8r

Not sure why anyone in their right mind would spend waste $20 on some lousy skin.

But hey, thank you for giving me an awesome game to play for absolutely nothing. Hopefully all other companies follow suit shortly.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Gameplay Trailer
6. Re: Fallout 76 Gameplay Trailer Jun 25, 2018, 23:05 Osc8r

Haven't really played fallout before (single player games bore the f out of me these days), but co-op survival with PVP + nukes? I'm down.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2018, 17:56 Osc8r

~
timedemo demo1

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed
18. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Jun 19, 2018, 21:42 Osc8r

Orogogus wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 20:11:
Osc8r wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 19:16:
There needs to be 'enemy mech detected', and enemy mech's on hard mode should be actually be challenging. I fondly remember getting wrecked quite often in mech warrior 1 / 2, and coming across mech's twice my weight and being like 'fk me'.

I think 95% of MW1 players went through the game using a Locust to murder lances of Battlemasters by running behind them and machine-gunning their legs. They killed things ridiculously fast and you didn't have to spend so much time walking to the fight.

True that! Felt a little cheap after a while though.

There was a mission where you come across a couple of rifleman in a city, i took my Marauder in and kept getting my legs destroyed in 1-2 shots so i had to revert back to my little firefly or whatever the hell it was called.

Then there was a mission where a nuke was set off... sadly i had a mech with all empty space was occupied by PPC's and not much else. One shot basically = one kill, but i'd have to shutdown for 30 seconds after each click so i didn't quite make it out alive.

Awesome game. Hope this one isn't COD in mechs.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed
16. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Jun 19, 2018, 19:16 Osc8r

There needs to be 'enemy mech detected', and enemy mech's on hard mode should be actually be challenging. I fondly remember getting wrecked quite often in mech warrior 1 / 2, and coming across mech's twice my weight and being like 'fk me'.

The video of MW5 made it looks like easy mode, where most of your time is just spent just shooting potatoes and shrugging off pretty much everything thrown at you.

I hope i'm wrong as i loved mechwarrior and co-op has me further invested, but they did completely screw up then further ruin MWO after all.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 17, 2018, 19:05 Osc8r

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 17, 2018, 14:19:
After you have watched a couple episodes of this you will tire of it quickly. This game will be a bust in esports, far to repeticious.

I don't know, BR seems to be the perfect game for attracting and maintaining viewers. Unlike strategy games and moba's, it doesn't actually require any understanding of the gameplay mechanics, and each match is more varied than your typical shooter affair.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2018, 18:49 Osc8r

ESO is the only game i've played where i literally fell asleep at the keyboard. I've played plenty of MMO's, but that game takes boring to a whole new level with the terrible combat and AI scaling - and as you mentioned, you don't even feel like your character is actually progressing.

Would have happily paid good money for Elder Scrolls co-op though, but instead we get this generic trash.

News Comments > Get Cuisine Royale for Free
6. Re: Get Cuisine Royale for Free Jun 17, 2018, 03:00 Osc8r

They need to fix animations and tighten up movement. The map also has WAY too much foliage... making gameplay extremely slow / boring especially with such a small amount of players.

Combat seems to be extremely RNG. One time you can hold a machine gun down on someone's face and they shrug it off only to turn around and one tap you with some shitty pistol.

Oh, and there needs to be a big increase in ammo spawns.

Has potential though, and still better than that Realm Royale trash.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2018, 06:02.

News Comments > LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September
17. Re: LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September Jun 13, 2018, 18:41 Osc8r

Radical heights felt like an unfinished indie game done by a couple of mates in a basement.

Lawbreakers failed because it was generic, poorly marketed, overpriced, and had to compete with Overwatch.

If they made lawbreakers into a BR game that was F2P they would have found success.

556 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo