Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 280 (Amateur)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > H1Z1 Free Week Starts Thursday
2. Re: H1Z1 Free Week Starts Thursday Dec 12, 2017, 19:57 Osc8r

RIP H1Z1, was nice knowing you.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer
5. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer Dec 11, 2017, 16:49 Osc8r

Can't be the walking dead... otherwise the trailer would have been made up of whining little bitches.

But yeah, looking forward to seeing some gameplay videos soon.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced
12. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced Dec 10, 2017, 16:25 Osc8r

Co-op mechwarrior... i'm in.  

News Comments > Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches
17. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 9, 2017, 15:31 Osc8r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 04:29:
Osc8r wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 03:33:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 00:58:
Osc8r wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:32:
Uhhh...

Console players don't team up against PC players - if they did, console players would get absolutely wrecked even with their aim assist. There's already enough complaints about kb+ms users on console being unfair.

Cheaters were a massive problem about 2 months ago, hardly ever see one now with their introduction of Battle Eye and suing attempts.

Not sure why you guys feel the controls are sluggish on a PC, they feel perfectly fine to me. Only thing I hate is the random bloom when firing certain weapons - but they are working on that as well.

50 v 50 is a nice change of pace but they need separate buses and team colours for a start.

All in all i'm having a lot of fun. Just hope they continue with their frequent updates and introduce a new map soon.
Watch H2O Delirious play it with a console controller and get 20 kills a round, even though hes not a try hard player. I want to see you against him or better players that also use a controller. This whole game is made for console controllers, all the delays, sluggishness and inconsistencies play into the hands of console players and close the gap between m/kb and controller and beyond. You can even detect people hiding due to the aim assist.

If I was a console gamer, I would love this game. But as a PC gamer it just makes me nervous and insecure, because its so inconsistent.

Watch ninja play on a PC and get 30 kills solo in squads, then tell me which one looks like they are playing in slow motion against a bunch of 8 year olds who's only other game to their name is minecraft.

Building quickly is key to winning in this game, and controllers simply can't compete.

I don't find anything clunky about the controls or experience any delay. The only real issue is bloom / rng - which is what makes fights so inconsistent with certain weapons.

That said it's not an e-sport game by any stretch, it's more of a casual take on the BR genre and I think they're doing a pretty good job so far.

-edit- after playing 50 v 50 some more I can't say I'm a big fan. Not enough loot, endless rezzing, and it's pretty much who has the bigger deathball wins.
Ninja is full try hard. And he doesnt do so many kills as you describe consistently. And I dont know how, but Ive never seen such bad players in a game he is facing all the time. Your point is null.
You obviously dont even know the videos I am talking about. People with controller can build very quickly. Ever heard of the XBox elite controller?

Aim assist doesn't work with all weapons (eg snipers) and it doesn't remove bloom - so console users are still at a huge disadvantage even with their artificial assistance.

Like I said, watch a decent PC player then watch a decent console player. It's nite and day.

Point still stands.

And what was your point again? Oh right...

"I think the whole game is made to troll PC players. They even have to play against autoaim console/controller players."

Which is 100% factually incorrect.

15. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 9, 2017, 03:33 Osc8r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 00:58:
Osc8r wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:32:
Uhhh...

Console players don't team up against PC players - if they did, console players would get absolutely wrecked even with their aim assist. There's already enough complaints about kb+ms users on console being unfair.

Cheaters were a massive problem about 2 months ago, hardly ever see one now with their introduction of Battle Eye and suing attempts.

Not sure why you guys feel the controls are sluggish on a PC, they feel perfectly fine to me. Only thing I hate is the random bloom when firing certain weapons - but they are working on that as well.

50 v 50 is a nice change of pace but they need separate buses and team colours for a start.

All in all i'm having a lot of fun. Just hope they continue with their frequent updates and introduce a new map soon.
Watch H2O Delirious play it with a console controller and get 20 kills a round, even though hes not a try hard player. I want to see you against him or better players that also use a controller. This whole game is made for console controllers, all the delays, sluggishness and inconsistencies play into the hands of console players and close the gap between m/kb and controller and beyond. You can even detect people hiding due to the aim assist.

If I was a console gamer, I would love this game. But as a PC gamer it just makes me nervous and insecure, because its so inconsistent.

Watch ninja play on a PC and get 30 kills solo in squads, then tell me which one looks like they are playing in slow motion against a bunch of 8 year olds who's only other game to their name is minecraft.

Building quickly is key to winning in this game, and controllers simply can't compete.

I don't find anything clunky about the controls or experience any delay. The only real issue is bloom / rng - which is what makes fights so inconsistent with certain weapons.

That said it's not an e-sport game by any stretch, it's more of a casual take on the BR genre and I think they're doing a pretty good job so far.

-edit- after playing 50 v 50 some more I can't say I'm a big fan. Not enough loot, endless rezzing, and it's pretty much who has the bigger deathball wins.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2017, 04:13.

News Comments > A Way Out in March; Co-op Trial Version Details
2. Re: A Way Out in March; Co-op Trial Version Details Dec 9, 2017, 00:27 Osc8r

That's pretty damn awesome - only having to buy one copy to play co-op.

Looking forward to this game, just hope it's not at interactive cut scene/movie.

News Comments > Witchfire Announced
10. Re: Witchfire Announced Dec 8, 2017, 15:47 Osc8r

Nullity wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 14:09:
Slashman wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 13:41:
Nullity wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:45:
Well this is definitely going on my list to check out. Graphically and thematically, that looks amazing.

*crosses fingers for co-op support*

Sure! Let's take a promising atmospheric and dark FPS which would benefit from interesting environmental interactions and effects and fuck it up with co-op support to limit single player possibilities.

I'm in!!!

The presence of co-op does not preclude these possibilities. The fact that some co-op games are lacking in these areas is the fault of the developer, not the concept of co-op itself.

At the very least (given a lazy or unimaginative developer), it could be handled like how Halo did it, where the story, cinematics, interactions, etc behaved as if it were a single player game with only one Master Chief, and the co-op partner is completely ignored.

Games are more fun with a friend. I'm sorry you don't have any friends.

Well said.

12. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 15:32 Osc8r

Uhhh...

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway
3. Re: SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway Nov 25, 2017, 19:53 Osc8r

Heroes felt pretty underwhelming, as did the shops.

Building system seemed like a few steps backwards.

I'm hoping these were just limited due to Beta.

Interested to see what the Titans are like, and i'll probably buy it anyway as it has coop and Spellforce 1 was awesome (2 not so much).

News Comments > Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours
26. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 16:42 Osc8r

DangerDog wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 15:17:
No amount of adjustments to their lootcrate system can make up for the fact that they made a shallow game that won't hold peoples attention for more than a week or two.

lots of reddit posts about being bored of the game already. By the time they get around to discounting the game in a few weeks multiplayer will be a "waiting for player to join" simulator.

Yep, graphics are awesome, combat feels quite good - but the time to kill is out of whack and the game is just shallow and super repetitive.

Maybe i'm just over scoreboard based FPS games...the last one that held my attention for a decent period of time was battlefield 4. I think i put a whole 5 hours into battlefield 1.

Not sure if battle royale games have ruined it for me or whether recent fps's just aren't my cup of tea.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2017, 16:29 Osc8r

How long till we get a Battle Royale game in the frostbite engine?

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned
14. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 16:06 Osc8r

Jagacademy wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 13:59:
Darks wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 12:41:
Fucking PVP is ruining this game, taking away from development time that could be spent on adding more Areas and missions to the game.

I know time spent on PvP takes away from PvE. But is the PvP in this game any good? I'm looking to take a break from PUBG, and was curious about it.

Can you do the solo content co-op?

Although fun in co-op, the game was average from the get go & gets repetitive VERY quickly. Hell, the only mission i recall being somewhat different was the one where they take all your guns from you - the rest were just copy and paste in different areas.

I'm not sure you can blame PVP for all of the games floors / ubisofts shortcomings, just look at the shit they cooked up for their first PVE expansion....

Although with that said i have no interest trying Wildlands PVP and agree that they should be focusing on PVE. The gunplay was meh and 4v4 in a game designed to be open world? lol. Uhh, i guess Ubisoft haven't seen all the success around Battle Royal games - a mode which would actually fit their game perfectly if they really had to go down the PVP route.

Speaking of which, Jag, you should check out fortnite BR. It surprisingly plays and feels a lot different to pubg (the ability to build structures really mixes things up in itself), plus it's free so you've got nothing to lose.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2017, 16:40.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
52. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 16:29 Osc8r

40 hours to an unlock a hero? lol

Shame the gameplay only stays somewhat interesting for a grand total of 2 hours.

And things must be really bad if subreddit fanboys are downvoting a gaming rep.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Operation Campaigns and Free Map Coming
8. Re: Battlefield 1 Operation Campaigns and Free Map Coming Nov 1, 2017, 17:10 Osc8r

There was only one game mode with enough players in OCE last time i checked it out.

But TBH i'd rather play battlefront 2 than this POS, and that's saying something.

Happy with bf4 and fortnite for my FPS fix these days. Will get around to pubg eventually...

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Launch Trailer
13. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Launch Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 17:13 Osc8r

If only the gameplay was even half as enjoyable as the trailers.  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Co-op Trailer
13. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 31, 2017, 01:27 Osc8r

Didn't buy 4 because the co-op was extremely limited at best, so looking forward to this one.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback
18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 13, 2017, 16:55 Osc8r

Nice, now they just have to make the game fun.

A bit or depth and replayability wouldn't hurt either.

Oh yeah, and a server browser. Maybe you guys could fit that into a crate?

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players
13. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players Oct 12, 2017, 17:59 Osc8r

First match i ever played i won, with 6 kills.

Second match i got into the final four before getting insta-killed by a guy headshotting people through mountains.

Third match i got killed by the same guy, through a similar sized mountain.

Luckily things got a little better from there, though I wonder how many of those 10 million are script kiddies making new accounts with fake email addresses, or people playing with their partners on the OCE server and getting auto banned for 'teaming' before making two more accounts (rinse and repeat).

Quite an enjoyable, casual take on the BR genre and the building component and destructible structures makes for refreshing, faster paced gameplay, but it desperately needs some work (don't they all) and anti-cheat (let's hope battle eye helps - though i have my doubts when it takes 10 seconds to make a new account - f2p ftw!).

Also, where's the FOV settings? Besides the one switch in the ini that is...

They also really need to add OCE duo servers, i'd hazard a guess that they'd be much more popular than the squad servers here.

Oh, and i despise the pink/blue haze that makes it's way into every second match... it makes my eyes bleed even with post processing turned down.

/rant

Still waiting on a BR done in the frostbite engine by a AAA dev. Light sabres optional.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2017, 18:23.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend
9. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 19:38 Osc8r

Lots of potential but the missions were extremely repetitive with very little challenge or variation.

Quite enjoyable in co-op though.

News Comments > New PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Player Record
7. Re: New PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Player Record Oct 10, 2017, 17:11 Osc8r

Yep, i've got to say that fighting to be the last man standing brings out much more intensity than trying to top some scoreboard round after round.

280 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo