Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 602 (Apprentice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Goat of Duty Free Weekend

2. Re: Goat of Duty Free Weekend Dec 6, 2019, 02:12 Osc8r

[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 5, 2019, 21:51:
We have officially reached rock bottom as a species.

Sad thing is... it actually looks more enjoyable than your yearly COD instalment.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Launch Trailer

14. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Launch Trailer Dec 5, 2019, 16:32 Osc8r

Please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck...

I just want a decent co-op mechwarrior game.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Has $600M Opening Weekend

12. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Has $600M Opening Weekend Oct 30, 2019, 17:26 Osc8r

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 14:00:
If the game had a lower TTK and a Rush mode, it's all we'd play.

They finally made a larger-scaled game, but it still plays like CoD arcade console boy bullshit shooter.. so camp, CAMP CAMP!

Lower TTK = even more camping?

COD is the poster child for arcade console boy bullshit shooters, so not sure what you were expecting?

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer

24. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 04:35 Osc8r

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 17:41:
Osc8r wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 17:30:
Is it worth buying it for the co-op only?

Not interested in playing the single player at all.

You mean the online free-for-all? That'll depend on who you have to play with you. Though I'd fully expect it to be overrun by hackers the same way GTA Online was at first.

I thought it had co-op missions / a small co-op campaign as well as free roam?

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer

18. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 17:30 Osc8r

Is it worth buying it for the co-op only?

Not interested in playing the single player at all.

News Comments > Fortnite Chapter 2 Launches

12. Re: Fortnite Chapter 2 Launches Oct 16, 2019, 17:41 Osc8r

NKD wrote on Oct 15, 2019, 17:13:
So I tried out Fortnite earlier today, after I saw this CHapter 2 had come out. The first match it dropped me into, I swear I was fighting really bad bots. People were preternaturally terrible at the game, and it was literally my first time playing and I had no idea what I was doing. On my best day I'm just "pretty bad" at shooters. Made it to 6th place and had like 15 kills.

I'm still not convinced it wasn't some kind of bot match, but I can't really find information on that.

Maybe the super sweaty "pro" types hadn't logged in yet.

Pretty sure they've added actual bots and matchmaking to the game now, so new players don't get discouraged by all the super try hards.

News Comments > Fortnite Apocalypse

17. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 17:04 Osc8r

It's pretty amazing what they can do within the Unreal engine these days...some of these event's in game are pretty damn awesome.

Pepe wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 16:20:
not like blizzard did something similar when classic beta ended 15+ years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNBG-YxaSF4

Meh, Asheron's Call did that way back in 99.

Come on, we all know Blizzard don't come up with new ideas!

News Comments > Isles of Adalar Next Summer

9. Re: Isles of Adalar Next Summer Oct 8, 2019, 17:07 Osc8r

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 03:36:
I had this wishlisted, then I read 4 player coop. Yeah, imagine playing Morrowind and reading lines of dialogue with 3 ADHD wiggle-sticks chasing you around.

That is a 100% guarantee the writing and story will utterly suck. It will mean no complex dialog, it will mean no complex characters, no character development, and most game breaking at all. No AI companions who'd make me even give a damn about the world. (ps.: skill checks in dialog doth not make it complex)

Oh well ..... the Baldurs Gate game from Larian is coming anyway.

Yep, and that's rumored to have co-op too!

News Comments > Isles of Adalar Next Summer

3. Re: Isles of Adalar Next Summer Oct 7, 2019, 17:21 Osc8r

Hell yeah, looking forward to this!

Open world Co-op RPG's are my favorite type of game... just wish there was more of them! Really enjoyed Outward, though admittedly it was lacking in a lot of area's.

Not sure why most of these games are made by really small indi dev's? Surely there's untapped market for more RPG / Elder Style style games but where people can play and explore with friends?

News Comments > Conan Exiles Getting Mounts

7. Re: Morning Patches Sep 27, 2019, 17:21 Osc8r

They should have been in the game from the start.

What they desperately need now is more content, more dungeons, more depth... and some damn polish!

Good old funcom.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC

49. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 5, 2019, 18:43 Osc8r

All i want i co-op, single player games are so 80's.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Adds New DLC and Free PvP Update

6. Re: Conan Exiles Adds New DLC and Free PvP Update Sep 3, 2019, 18:14 Osc8r

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 3, 2019, 12:54:
I have legit never seen a great game idea squandered this badly. Instead of building parts, each DLC should add 5 new dungeons and 10 new enemies, and more to the swarm mechanic topside too. Adding dynamic growing warhordes etc.

But no. We gotta make it more Minecraft apparently.

Exactly. The core mechanics, whilst still buggy AF, were great, the game has so much potential but instead of adding actual content, new dungeons (that don't suck), new enemies, more area's etc etc... they just continually come out with new skins?

Like WTF?! Who's in charge of this shit...

I keep waiting for a reason to go back but it seems i'll be waiting for a long while.

News Comments > Hunt: Showdown Shows Up

6. Re: CD Projekt RED Down on Exclusives Aug 28, 2019, 20:44 Osc8r

SabreT wrote on Aug 28, 2019, 09:15:
What your describing sounds amazing, guess you should have read a review or the game description before you bought it blindly.

I tried it during a free weekend and it was just max levels camping in the darkness or on roofs insta killing newbs.

I didn't see that in the game description?

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Launches

33. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Launches Aug 27, 2019, 18:09 Osc8r

Yay, let's play the game that completely ruined the MMO genre and turned into a console grindfest, including the PVP.

Good times!

News Comments > Anthem Cataclysm Launches

21. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 19:03 Osc8r

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 10:33:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 08:15:
new patch
232 viewers on twitch

L
O
L

What kind of person watches Twitch? I personally would rather play games or live life over watching someone else any day

Whilst i agree somewhat, our opinions are irrelevant.

The fact is that's there are millions of people that do watch it, thus the amount of views a game receives is reflective of a it's overall popularity (or lack thereof).

I have no real desire to go back to Anthem... even finding the super rare loot is about as impactful as a burnt tumbleweed. And when you do get, where do you actually do with it?

News Comments > Age of Wonders: Planetfall Reviews

3. Re: Age of Wonders: Planetfall Reviews Aug 5, 2019, 18:00 Osc8r

Buying it here as well, as long as the co-op functions the same way as in AOW3 - which is still one of my favorite modern day games.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: Youngblood Review Roundup

16. Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood Review Roundup Jul 25, 2019, 18:37 Osc8r

Xero wrote on Jul 25, 2019, 13:41:
Sad to hear it's not all that living up to expectations. Even if it's a little worse than Wolfy 2 I'd be willing to give it a shot. I know Wolfy 2 took a lot of criticism but I had a blast with it.

Thing is, I'm too old for coop games, lol. I prefer most of my games solo these days and if the game mostly centers around coop, I'm not sure how much I'll dig it even if they do allow single player while a retard bot follows you around.

Wouldn't it have been easy enough to just allow an entire solo mode? No coop friend or AI?

I feel the opposite, i'm too old for single player games... unless there's a friend or family member there to add entertainment i may as well just watch TV lol

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Super Reviews

44. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Super Gaming Reviews Jul 24, 2019, 18:26 Osc8r

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 06:54:
Osc8r wrote on Jul 23, 2019, 18:08:
Snapped up a Rog Strix 2080ti yesterday at 35% off, primarily due to how quiet it functions

Yeah, that's what the reviews say but real world is a different story with Asus cards in my experience.

I owned a ROG Strix 2080 (non-Ti) a few months ago and also got it because of the ability to easily switch it to silent BIOS mode.
What sounded good on paper was invalidated by a severe case of coil whine. I haven't had a card screaming like this in many years and since I have a 144Hz G-Sync display I already limit my FPS to 142fps so it wasn't just an issue at very high rates. The whine was unreal even at relatively low fps.

The second issue was its fan controls. The fans had the annoying habit of spinning up and down when you were near the temperature threshold where the fans activate. This caused the card to emit an annoying kind of pump-like sound, also invalidating any "silent" mode feature. The root cause is that the card has a shitty hysteresis by default. You can somewhat fix this manually by setting a custom fan curve in MSI Afterburner.
I have read reviews of people online who RMAed their cards thinking this noise was caused by a broken fan but it's not a defect. It's just crappy design.

I got rid of the Asus ROG RTX 2080 and have owned a Palit RTX 2080Ti and now a MSI GamingX Trio RTX 2080Ti which are much better cards IMO. The Palit was a little noisier because it has only two fans but neither the Palit nor the MSI have any coil whine (at least not at <= 142fps) and also no other annoying "side noises" like the Asus card.

I love Asus mainboards but I won't ever get a Strix ROG graphics card again. I have no idea why they are getting such glowing reviews everywhere. Must be that Asus are handing out good "incentives" or something or they are always very generous when it comes to providing review samples. The hardware itself seems to be massively overrated in any case. I'll keep sticking to Gainward/Palit (same company), MSI whenever possible since they have served me the best over the years.

Hmm, thanks for the info CJ! That's a bit of a worry, as i was tossing up between the MSI gaming trio or the Asus Strix, only really looking at this Strix reviews in more detail once i saw it's sale price!

I have a MSI 980ti at the moment and it's fans are loud AF, though that's primarily down to it being a 980ti that runs super hot. So i'm really hoping that the 2080ti doesn't emit too much of a coil whine as i'm really hoping to quiet down my rig a bit at the same time.

Before purchased i did quickly look at the amazon and newegg reviews for this model and they were largely positive (there were plenty of other cards with like 1.5-2 out of 5), so *fingers crossed*.

Hopefully it turns up tomorrow and i get to test it over the weekend.

24. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Super Gaming Reviews Jul 23, 2019, 21:43 Osc8r

Grokk wrote on Jul 23, 2019, 21:13:
Snapped up a Rog Strix 2080ti yesterday at 35% off, primarily due to how quiet it functions and in preparation for my next purchase... a 3440 X 1440 120hz WQHD ultrawide monitor (my 980ti struggles at 1440p these days).

So this news is good for me at least, but not unexpected due to the performance of the other Super cards and the 2080S Final Fantasy benchmark leak from a few days back.

Good for me too!

I went all in last week and got the 2080ti and i9-9900k.
Before buying, I did a lot of research and spent hours pouring through garbage from fanboys on both sides, but in the end I decided to go Intel solely because of the motherboard and single core speed.

I felt dirty dropping $6k AUD on a new PC, but I got 7 years out of the last one, minus a couple video card upgrades at an average of 6+ hours a day usage, so I think it'll be a worthwhile investment.

Nice one mate! I was in the same boat and had to go through all the fanboy filtering myself, eventually deciding on the 9900k as well. Though i don't thing you could go wrong with either CPU, in the end it just depends on what your priorities are.

Then i did a bit of a re-think and just decided to do the GPU and monitor instead. Now i just have to wait till dell Australia do another 50% off sale so i can grab the AW3418DW at a more reasonable price.

Good luck with the build, that beast should last you a good while and then some!

When you average how much we spend on our hobby over their entire life it's actually pretty reasonable, even for the top end gear.

I mean... to put things into perspective one large pizza a week is substantially more than what i'd spend on my PC hardware!

Not half bad.

Now i think i'm overdue for a pizza...

23. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Super Gaming Reviews Jul 23, 2019, 21:18 Osc8r

jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2019, 21:12:
Osc8r wrote on Jul 23, 2019, 20:40:
Luke wrote on Jul 23, 2019, 20:11:
Snapped up a Rog Strix 2080ti yesterday at 35% off, primarily due to how quiet it functions and in preparation for my next purchase... a 3440 X 1440 120hz WQHD ultrawide monitor (my 980ti struggles at 1440p these days).

So this news is good for me at least, but not unexpected due to the performance of the other Super cards and the 2080S Final Fantasy benchmark leak from a few days back.

Hardware addiction so sorry for those who are trapped

Dear console pleb,

Yeah, cause updating my 4 year old PC is a clear sign of an 'addiction', as is buying something almost 12 months after it's release during a sale...

Speaking of mental issues, you probably should check yourself into rehab as you appear to suffering from from a severe case of jealousy / butthurtism

Any recommendations on what i should buy next with all this disposable income and tax return money?! Upgrade my old 6700k for any extra 5 fps? Maybe a $300 gaming mouse? RGB lighting for my mouse mat? Hmmm....

I'd love to see how'd you'd react if you saw how much money i spend on my other hobbies!
The $1000 monitor stand. Obviously.

Wait, there's a super duper uber monitor stand?!?!!

BRB, getting my wallet!

602 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >