Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 225 (Novice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
20. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 19:43 Osc8r

Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:23:
This is the kind of shit that has Rockstar flip the PC off for.

Rockstar have been screwing PC gamers for how long now?

/pulls out the worlds smallest violin.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Announced
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 13, 2017, 18:59 Osc8r

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 18:45:
Osc8r wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 00:34:
Stop rehashing this sh*t and make AOE4.

Dude, the only way to play AoE 1 these days is to pirate an .iso or get the CD-ROM off eBay, install Win98 in a virtual machine, and run it there. Edgelords such as yourself may be cool with that, but personally, I'd rather just buy an executable that runs on modern systems and have 2d graphics that don't look like shit on my 21:9 monitor.

And you'd pay $20 for that privilege? Oh, and it still looks like shit.

Oh, and 4chan ->

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Announced
4. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Announced Jun 13, 2017, 00:34 Osc8r

Stop rehashing this sh*t and make AOE4.

Cossacks 3 isn't too bad, been playing that lately for my RTS fix.

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders II This Month
3. Re: Dungeon Defenders II This Month Jun 1, 2017, 18:57 Osc8r

Dungeon Defenders 1 was awesome.

Dungeon Defenders 2, took everything that was awesome from DD1 and removed it. Added extra servings of grind...even to progress to the next level, and turned the great loot and upgrade system from the first one... into a pile of monotonous, restrictive shit.

RIP DD.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 in February
58. Re: Far Cry 5 in February May 26, 2017, 20:58 Osc8r

Co-op again, nice!

Feeling some wildlands influence though.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies
23. Re: Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies May 26, 2017, 00:48 Osc8r

Meh. Not sure what the fuss is about.

All the skills seemed like they were copied and pasted across heroes, just with different animations. Some abilities sounded great, but were completely useless. Others were great at level 1, but scaled terribly at higher levels.

The game gave the impression of having a lot of depth, but was actually rather shallow..and the gameplay was rather repetitive and felt like a grind.

At least it had co-op.

Titan quest was far superior IMO.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 in September
5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 in September May 25, 2017, 02:00 Osc8r

About time they had a release date!

Just hope the difficulty is a little better in this one. The first one was extremely difficult around the starter zone, then became a walk in the park.

News Comments > EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players
16. Re: EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players May 10, 2017, 19:12 Osc8r

Blahman wrote on May 10, 2017, 16:42:
Flak wrote on May 10, 2017, 05:35:
Slick wrote on May 10, 2017, 03:57:
Still the best engine, the best FPS hit detection, the best a lot of things. The main game modes are getting dull as fuck for me after playing the same shit for 15 years, but going to Battlegrounds is just painful trying to aim, shoot, or have your hits reg. Say what you will about BF1, the underlying technology is the high bar for FPS games.

This may be the most frustrating part of all. After DICE LA massively cleaned up the mess than was the launch of BF4, the game evolved into a very tight shooter for it's scale, to this day it's still the most fluid and fun large-scale multiplayer FPS by a large margin. BF1 is a technical marvel on many levels, visuals, audio design, netcode performance among other things. If only they put the same amount of thought into the game and level design. With some fresh ideas, the franchise could really be given a breath of fresh air given the technology they have.

I think EA will likely make a Battle Royale game after seeing PUBG's success. I say bring it on, a little competition can't hurt.

Yeah, i used to get downvoted to hell for it on h1z1 reddit - but i always used to say... imagine how great a battle royal game would be if it was done with the latest frostbite engine.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Game Master Mode
2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Game Master Mode May 9, 2017, 23:27 Osc8r

Just release the damn game first!  

News Comments > EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players
3. Re: EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players May 9, 2017, 23:26 Osc8r

BF1 sucked balls. Played it for like a week and i was done, uninstalled.

Played BF2 and BF4 on and off for years.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins
7. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 21:44 Osc8r

Campaign co-op?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 9, 2017, 18:39 Osc8r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 17:54:
Kobalt wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 17:37:
Like the moba genre pre dota 2, it's becoming increasing ridiculous that no major studio has made a battleground game(the division dlc doesn't count). EA already has the tech, increase the map size and player count in battlefield(maybe tone down the physics to compensate) and they would be good to go.

What do you mean, like a 100+ player DM(single elimination or otherwise) style game in a Battlefield engine variant?

I know PUsB (tm) is popular at the moment, but is this really a new genre? There's that and H1Z1:KotK right? Technically both by the same guy?

I've watched some videos of PU BATTLEGROUNDS, and the formula seems more than a bit rough around the edges... spawn, loot guns, walk around a LOT, brief period of fighting, death/victory, repeat ad nauseam. My opinion, of course; clearly it's crazily popular.

I find trying to be the last man standing out of a hundred players is much more intense and satisfying experience than trying to top a scoreboard every round.

The open worldness and dynamicness also adds the experience.

I'm also surprised no AAA company has attempted this game type either, it's been proven to be hugely popular.

Just as long as Blizzard doesn't come along and ruin the genre entirely by dumbing it down the masses.

News Comments > New Paragon Hero
1. Re: New Paragon Hero Apr 4, 2017, 21:24 Osc8r

If Epic focused on making a MOBA, instead of focusing on having short match times...the game could be something great.

But sadly, their continued fixation with short matches make this game extremely shallow, repetitive, and boring.

Due to the absurdly long respawn timers, paper structures, and no buyback mechanics you basically farm for 25 minutes to gain an advantage in the team fight that decides the match winner.

Now they've made the team wide Orb Prime buff even more overpowered, so another win condition is basically killing a super weak version of Roshan at 15 minutes and then pushing to an easy win.

Hell, they can't even manage to balance wards, and their RNG card system couldn't be less anti-competitive if they tried.

The queue times have tripled in the past few months, but apparently Epic have seen a massive increase in new players.

Third party sites which showed active player counts as low as 10,000 were 'requested' by Epic to remove them immediately, and now they are warning/banning people from their forum who speak negatively of their game.

Console players with no MOBA experience are the only ones who can save this game now.

So much potential gone to waste.

/IMO.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M
9. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M Mar 27, 2017, 22:40 Osc8r

Good to hear!

Really enjoyed KOTK, but the incompetent dev team managed to make the game worse with every patch, culminating in their atrocious new map and fluro grass.

Might give this one another 6 months to polish up a little (and add some Oceania servers) before i jump in.

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
14. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 23, 2017, 17:50 Osc8r

How the mighty have fallen.  

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC
4. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 8, 2017, 16:53 Osc8r

Seemed super shallow with limited replayability to me.

Played it during one of those free weekends and that was more than enough for me.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released
24. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 18:41 Osc8r

Quinn wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 18:20:
ledhead1969 wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 18:05:
Just play with 3 other people the whole time and the game is a blast. I started, went multi and within 1 min had a full team and we played all together for hours. We just did what we wanted and explored while doing side missions. Can't wait to fire it up again tonight.

Maybe this shit is fun when you're 16 and all your school buddies can join you. Other than those kids I guess 1% of the adults have a standard group of friends they can consistently play co-op games with. I don't see the point of joining random PUGs in these kind of games. I did it in the beta and nobody waited for eachother so we ended up just charging into bases, glory-hunting for kills.

Fucking horrid shit. I wish they'd ditch the co-op concept for fucking ever. It's the reason this game is so horribly bad in SP. Basic shit isn't in there because it would be too stressful for a co-op server. Like good AI, good physics, corpse manipulation (seriously when was the last time a game had corpses that didn't react to post-mutilation?), different bullet speeds per weapon type, etc. The devil is in the details, and this game lacks details. Bad.

Show me on the doll where co-op support touched you.

You know what else was fun when i was 16? Playing single player games with corpse mutilation.

Come on, as if co-op had any impact on any of these mechanics. There's plenty of open world co-op games with all that and more.

More likely a combination of a) ubisoft b) consoles c) rushed game.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 6, 2017, 16:47 Osc8r

Retired wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 16:13:
I will say that H1Z1 KotK will be dominated by PlayerUnknown Battleground in about 2 weeks. The game is amazing and so many steps beyong what H1Z1 is and has done. BETA is so much fun. Probably some of the most fun and most intense gaming I have experienced since competitive BF2.

Graphics, game play, physics, weapons, vehicles, terrain, etc etc etc. Everything about it is 10x better.

Even more so, Escape From Tarkov looks even better than PUBG! They are finally figuring out this survival thing.

Thanks mate, appreciate the heads up on that one!

I played KOTK for about 6 months and REALLY enjoyed it, but it was let down by a incompetent dev team that seemed intent in making the game worse every patch...and with about 50 new bugs. Their new map they specifically designed for KOTK was the nail in the coffin for me, what a joke that was.

Looking into PUBG now. As i love this type of game, much more intense trying to first place over looking at a scoreboard. I'm still surprised no AAA dev has got on the bandwagon yet.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records
8. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 2, 2017, 00:46 Osc8r

I was actually pleasantly surprised... went in with low expectations but found it enjoyable in co-op.

Open world, lots of different way to complete missions, heaps of different weapons, vehicles, attachments etc.

Yes, it could have been a lot better as it felt a little shallow, sound affects lacked punch, vehicle mechanics could use work, plus the AI was iffy, and i really hated having those stupid allies cruising around GTA drive by style (hope there's a way to turn this off).

But overall, i found it much more enjoyable than the bore-fest that was the division.

Will be buying it for the co-op. Played 12 hours in the beta and only saw 2 regions.

As for Arma, Arma 2 was great in co-op, but Arma 3 was beyond terrible. I don't know what they were thinking there, but the 'game' felt like an actual chore.

News Comments > Civilization VI Adds Australia and Mod Support
3. Re: Civilization VI Adds Australia and Mod Support Feb 24, 2017, 16:13 Osc8r

6 months to add multiplayer teams?

Maybe in another 6 months when they improve the AI i may actually consider buying it...

They really dropped the ball on this one. You'd think they would have learnt after their last disaster.

225 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo