Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 172 (Novice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released
5. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Aug 31, 2016, 23:31 Osc8r

Wish they made a proper sequel to this... was a awesome game especially in co-op.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod
12. Re: NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod Aug 31, 2016, 23:30 Osc8r

Pr()ZaC wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 20:17:
They should focus their resources in making better drivers.

This is not the AMD thread you were looking for.

News Comments > H1Z1: King of the Kill Next Month
4. Re: H1Z1: King of the Kill Next Month Aug 30, 2016, 21:12 Osc8r

DP - and not the good kind.  

3. Re: H1Z1: King of the Kill Next Month Aug 30, 2016, 21:09 Osc8r

It started as a survival game (now called just survive), correct.

They then added a last man standing combat mode (now called king of the kill), which became more popular than the original game. During this time you could buy both games for the one price ($20)

Eventually they got greedy, and decided to split the modes into two separate games, but keep the price the same ($20 PER GAME).

Once king of the kill releases, it sounds like they are going to increase that price again... to $30.

I guess that's what happens when a gaming company gets bought out and run by and investment company... that and $100+ crates for sale during an early access alpha.

1. Re: H1Z1: King of the Kill Next Month Aug 30, 2016, 20:47 Osc8r

Really enjoyed this one for a few months - being the last man standing was much more interesting and intense experience than your usual FPS crap these days i.e. oh look, i got the best KDR...again.

With that said it had a heaps of bugs and consistency issues, especially with combat. Not to mention the amount of hackers...
Oh, and it needed a HEAP more weapons.

From what i've read the new map still needs another 6 months worth of work.

So i may check it out again next year and see what's changed.

lol @ their greediness though, like their crate prices in an alpha early access weren't bad enough.

Jan 2015 get 2 Games for $19.99 (king of the kill + just survive)
Feb 2016 get 1 Game for $19.99
Sep 2016 get 1 Game for $29.99

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2016, 20:57.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
24. Re: New GeForce Drivers Aug 30, 2016, 18:53 Osc8r

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 17:24:
Sempai wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 12:59:
HoSpanky wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 12:50:
The graphics update isn't terribly noticeable. Turning on max view distance DESTROYS your framerate, and this is on a 1080. Now, I AM running SSAA 4x, so I'm rendering every frame at well over 4K. *Might* have something to do with it. But it looks WAY better in the close-field areas that way, and I'm not terribly worried about seeing the outline of mountains two zones over.

I doubt the new drivers help much at all, but I'll do some testing.

Question? Why run ssaax4 at 4k resolution? Other than typical anti-aliasing smearing effect and a dip in image quality, why run it at all at 4k? It's a significant performance killer.

I'm not trying to be snarky. Is there something i'm missing here?
One of the benefits of running 4k for me(for the most part)is the ability to finally get rid of anti-aliasing altogether for a nice crisp image without blurred colors etc.

You always want to run at least 2x AA even if you had 128K res. Why? Because it creates a much smoother image. Even tiny jaggies at high resolutions cause a slightly flickering image. This is especially true in games with lots of "edges", of course, like games with a lot of grass and leaves etc.
It is completely an urban myth that you can drop AA as long as the res is high enough. That's total BS.

Agreed, i have a 4k monitor and needed to use some form of AA in every game - more so in some than others.

However i much prefer gaming on my 1440p 120hz gsync monitor, which again requires AA to remove the moving jaggies that are still present at certain distances.

Not sure who came up with the no AA required BS for 1440p monitors and above, but it definitely took off.

No more monitors for me until an OLED gsync comes out that's reasonably priced. All monitors look like sh*t after spending time behind my oled TV.

News Comments > Worms W.M.D Launch
7. Re: Worms W.M.D Launch Aug 24, 2016, 19:01 Osc8r

No co-op vs ai?  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Next Month
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Next Month Aug 22, 2016, 18:42 Osc8r

Hell yeah. Not interested in early access, just the full game.

Loved the first one, just hope the sequel has revamped difficulty - the first one was hard at the beginning and then became a cake walk.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization
11. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization Aug 18, 2016, 19:03 Osc8r

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 10:48:
NamecaF wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 10:07:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 09:53:
Please don't suck.

I was really hoping this wouldnt suck too, but if this is anything to go by you can kiss that hope good bye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWDQqI9JeIE

The guy is a bit of a whiner. He has some valid arguments but also a few that aren't. For example the whole 'bike/chair' thing. The guy is moving forward, switches to aimed 1st person view, is still moving while shooting. Hence why he's closer to the bike. We've been able to aim and move in games for how long now?

Have a look again, there is something odd going on - as soon as he switches to first person view he's like 5 metres closer to his target instantly.

Could be just some more ubi-editing.

I was interested in the game because of co-op, but yeah, the game looks nothing like the initial gameplay marketing bs.

Good old ubisoft still up to their old tricks.

News Comments > Paragon Open Beta
12. Re: Paragon Open Beta Aug 16, 2016, 23:57 Osc8r

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 23:09:
This looks completely utterly unoriginal.

So like pretty much every AAA game release in the past decade or so?

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
17. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Jul 26, 2016, 18:39 Osc8r

xLith wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 15:01:
I really wish they'd redo the Quake 1 in more modern graphics. Hell, even if it's a straight copy of the original. I know it's nostalgia driving my request but I never had more fun than Quakeworld and the original Team Fortress that came along later with it.

Agreed mate. Quake World and TF are still the top of the my most played games list... along with Ultima Online and Asheron's Call Darktide.

It's sad to see how dumbed down and generic gaming has become over the years.

News Comments > PC Gears of War 4 Details
28. Re: PC Gears of War 4 Details Jul 25, 2016, 19:43 Osc8r

If there was ever a game even more overrated and overhyped than COD... GOW would be it.

Run to cover, shoot, run to cover, shoot, run to cover, shoot.

Fun, exciting gameplay right there.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - I am Setsuna
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - I am Setsuna Jul 20, 2016, 18:45 Osc8r

If only it had co-op...

A new secret of mana would be amazing.

News Comments > Turbine Layoffs
7. Re: Turbine Layoffs Jul 8, 2016, 17:47 Osc8r

RIP Turbine, and thanks for Asheron's Call 1... still my favorite game of all time.  

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
14. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 27, 2016, 00:31 Osc8r

Bought one a while back and got a refund, and bought a dell 27" 144hz g-sync instead which was miles better.

Next upgrade won't be until OLED monitors become more mainstream, cause every other monitor looks like sh*t in comparison to my OLED TV... (just a shame about the refresh rate or i'd be trying to use it for everything).

/rant

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2016, 17:51 Osc8r

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 16:19:
Shitty news Blue:
I'm dealing with gut issues since March, got a full spectrum of colonoscopy, endoscopy, blood work, ultrasounds and booked for an MRI of my abdomen to check my liver out for having abnormal vein cluster that is almost always harmless but hey, misery loves company. My biggest problem is I'm dizzy quite often since it started and my guts hurt. Pretty much it could be that my stomach flora went bad and I'm getting gastritis related symptoms but i know the feeling of not knowing why you feel like garbage when every test I get shows perfect health (like perfect, straight in the middle of all ranges of blood work and every stupid test)

Do these symptoms only happen after eating certain foods? As you get older your body can become intolerant to certain foods and chemicals.

Most doctors will say you are fine, and eventually just say you have IBS... but in the end there's usually something that your body doesn't like and which you have to find out by keeping a diary and trying super bland diets.

Just a thought.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2016, 18:51 Osc8r

I think i upgraded my PC 3 times just to try and get better FPS in timerefresh and timedemo demo1... and that was before it went GL!

Eventually buying an orchid righteous voodoo 1 and inviting my mates around to show off my massively improved visuals and water_alpha.

What an amazing game. 20 years later, and it's still the best FPS by far.

And thanks Blue for sticking with us for so long I also found you by looking for quake news.

See you guys at Quakes 30th!

News Comments > Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities
4. Re: Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities Jun 20, 2016, 23:39 Osc8r

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 21:56:
Osc8r wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 21:20:
Yay, so the AI will just run around pillaging even more sh*t now.

How fun!

If you leave your territory undefended, then yeah, it is as it should be... This looks like a fantastic change to me!

Cause having to defend your improved tiled in Civ 4 was such an enjoyable experience... planes coming in from all directions blowing up farms.

So now the AI will walk around endlessly trying to pillage improvements, buildings, wonders etc and never get around to attacking cities.

Micromanaging armies to defend even more hexes = fun gameplay in the making & not a pointless & frustrating exercise at all.

They simply should add the option to disable pillaging of improvements / non cities.

News Comments > Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities
1. Re: Civilization VI's Unstacked Cities Jun 20, 2016, 21:20 Osc8r

Yay, so the AI will just run around pillaging even more sh*t now.

How fun!

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend
3. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Jun 17, 2016, 04:42 Osc8r

Slick wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 00:06:
Never heard of it, price is right though, DLing now.

I like co-op stuff that has real content, let's see if it's shite!

Depends on your definition of real content.

If doing the same maps over, and over, and over, and over against mindless AI = content to you, then you should be quite pleased!

Now, don't get me wrong, i enjoyed this as well as the first one, but i don't see much replayability in the games design.

172 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo