Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 212 (Novice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M
9. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M Mar 27, 2017, 22:40 Osc8r

Good to hear!

Really enjoyed KOTK, but the incompetent dev team managed to make the game worse with every patch, culminating in their atrocious new map and fluro grass.

Might give this one another 6 months to polish up a little (and add some Oceania servers) before i jump in.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
14. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 23, 2017, 17:50 Osc8r

How the mighty have fallen.  

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC
4. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 8, 2017, 16:53 Osc8r

Seemed super shallow with limited replayability to me.

Played it during one of those free weekends and that was more than enough for me.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released
24. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 18:41 Osc8r

Quinn wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 18:20:
ledhead1969 wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 18:05:
Just play with 3 other people the whole time and the game is a blast. I started, went multi and within 1 min had a full team and we played all together for hours. We just did what we wanted and explored while doing side missions. Can't wait to fire it up again tonight.

Maybe this shit is fun when you're 16 and all your school buddies can join you. Other than those kids I guess 1% of the adults have a standard group of friends they can consistently play co-op games with. I don't see the point of joining random PUGs in these kind of games. I did it in the beta and nobody waited for eachother so we ended up just charging into bases, glory-hunting for kills.

Fucking horrid shit. I wish they'd ditch the co-op concept for fucking ever. It's the reason this game is so horribly bad in SP. Basic shit isn't in there because it would be too stressful for a co-op server. Like good AI, good physics, corpse manipulation (seriously when was the last time a game had corpses that didn't react to post-mutilation?), different bullet speeds per weapon type, etc. The devil is in the details, and this game lacks details. Bad.

Show me on the doll where co-op support touched you.

You know what else was fun when i was 16? Playing single player games with corpse mutilation.

Come on, as if co-op had any impact on any of these mechanics. There's plenty of open world co-op games with all that and more.

More likely a combination of a) ubisoft b) consoles c) rushed game.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 6, 2017, 16:47 Osc8r

Retired wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 16:13:
I will say that H1Z1 KotK will be dominated by PlayerUnknown Battleground in about 2 weeks. The game is amazing and so many steps beyong what H1Z1 is and has done. BETA is so much fun. Probably some of the most fun and most intense gaming I have experienced since competitive BF2.

Graphics, game play, physics, weapons, vehicles, terrain, etc etc etc. Everything about it is 10x better.

Even more so, Escape From Tarkov looks even better than PUBG! They are finally figuring out this survival thing.

Thanks mate, appreciate the heads up on that one!

I played KOTK for about 6 months and REALLY enjoyed it, but it was let down by a incompetent dev team that seemed intent in making the game worse every patch...and with about 50 new bugs. Their new map they specifically designed for KOTK was the nail in the coffin for me, what a joke that was.

Looking into PUBG now. As i love this type of game, much more intense trying to first place over looking at a scoreboard. I'm still surprised no AAA dev has got on the bandwagon yet.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records
8. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 2, 2017, 00:46 Osc8r

I was actually pleasantly surprised... went in with low expectations but found it enjoyable in co-op.

Open world, lots of different way to complete missions, heaps of different weapons, vehicles, attachments etc.

Yes, it could have been a lot better as it felt a little shallow, sound affects lacked punch, vehicle mechanics could use work, plus the AI was iffy, and i really hated having those stupid allies cruising around GTA drive by style (hope there's a way to turn this off).

But overall, i found it much more enjoyable than the bore-fest that was the division.

Will be buying it for the co-op. Played 12 hours in the beta and only saw 2 regions.

As for Arma, Arma 2 was great in co-op, but Arma 3 was beyond terrible. I don't know what they were thinking there, but the 'game' felt like an actual chore.

News Comments > Civilization VI Adds Australia and Mod Support
3. Re: Civilization VI Adds Australia and Mod Support Feb 24, 2017, 16:13 Osc8r

6 months to add multiplayer teams?

Maybe in another 6 months when they improve the AI i may actually consider buying it...

They really dropped the ball on this one. You'd think they would have learnt after their last disaster.

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Infecting More Platforms Next Month
5. Re: Dead Rising 4 Infecting More Platforms Next Month Feb 23, 2017, 16:33 Osc8r

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 20:55:
Still doesn't have the entire campaign co-op.

Exact reason i didn't buy it.

Plus the reviews seem to suggest it's super casual / piss easy.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Alpha This Week
10. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Alpha This Week Feb 7, 2017, 16:45 Osc8r

It looks like a reskinned Van Helsing...but even slower and clunkier.

It's only alpha though, so fingers crossed.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced
39. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Jan 27, 2017, 18:57 Osc8r

Co-op?

If not, not interested.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Video; Livestream Today
6. Re: Conan Exiles Video; Livestream Today Jan 21, 2017, 02:59 Osc8r

Geez, the live stream makes the combat look bad... like indi early access bad.

Guess they never learn.

News Comments > Valeera to Heroes of the Storm PTR Tomorrow
3. Re: Valeera to Heroes of the Storm PTR Tomorrow Jan 17, 2017, 02:04 Osc8r

Animations were always one thing managed to get right... wtf happened.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 13, 2017, 16:40 Osc8r

Slick wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 04:40:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 01:37:
ASUS Demonstrates ROG Swift PG27UQ- 4K, 144 Hz, HDR, DCI-P3 and G-Sync.

At that price, OLED or GTFO.

pfft, unless they somehow get rid of the image retention of OLED, I wouldn't count on it being used for a monitor, probably ever

Most people would replace their tv/monitor before they have burn in issues.

I'm in agreeance, OLED of GTFO.

I have a first gen OLED tv at home that i've had for 18 months now and it still kills everything i see in shops...as well as my mates brand new 4k quantom dot unit that cost him 7k.

Im waiting to see what this year brings otherwise i'll be seeking out a 65+" oled with HDR.

As for my monitor, my dell 144 gsync is doing is fine until the oleds arrive. (fingers crossed)

News Comments > Conan Exiles PC Requirements
4. Re: Conan Exiles PC Requirements Jan 13, 2017, 03:00 Osc8r

Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 20:49:
All I use is AMD/ATI

My condolences!

News Comments > Tibia Turns 20
7. Re: Tibia Turns 20 Jan 11, 2017, 00:52 Osc8r

My first MMO - was awesome.

Man i feel old.

Fondly remember taming super high level creatures (dragons and cyclops), taking them back to town, then letting them loose on the local population.

Then logging in a lower level and running around trying to collect as much loot off all the corpses as possible... whilst dodging fireballs.

PVP was full loot, PVP everywhere. Been hired by other players to hunt down and kill others... man i miss those days.

Great game at the time, but they started dumbing it down as the population grew.

Moved on to AC1 Darktide a couple of years later.

Very sad to see what the genre has turned into these days... carebear, grinds.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin
36. Re: Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin Jan 6, 2017, 15:55 Osc8r

jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 01:40:
Because Steam is so much better?

Yes. Much.

News Comments > Diablo Turns 20
8. Re: Diablo Turns 20 Jan 1, 2017, 22:54 Osc8r

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 17:43:
Fuck this casual monkey clickfest garbage with a hot spiky metal rod sans lubrication. This shitfest was and is a bane on the true RPG genre. This should have never even been associated with RPGs. It should have gotten its own "For monkeys and 4 year olds" genre. That would have saved the RPG genre a lot of disgrace that was brought upon it by lame Diablo clones or the feeble attempts to add Diablo flavor to what could have become good real RPGs. It's the 20 year anniversary of the decline of the RPG genre. The only people retarded enough to celebrate this shit are Blizztard of course.

Can say the same thing about what Blizzard did to the MMO genre.

MMO's were great before WOW came along and turned in them into lame, grindy, carebear trash.

Admittedly, their skills at making console games for PC's is unmatched.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 25, 2016, 16:59 Osc8r

Yeah, i don't go much on vermintide... played it during one of those free weekends and it was just enough time to see and do everything i wanted.

News Comments > Asheron's Call Games Ending
13. Re: Asheron's Call Games Ending Dec 21, 2016, 01:22 Osc8r

Sad news indeed.

Asheron's call Darktide is still the best game i have ever played, bar none. So many fond memories of that game... the whole monarchy (blood vs anti vs neutral) politics and battles over hunting grounds, portals, and even towns.

The item system, skill leveling, quests, guild setup, magic system all had amazing depth and complexity.

It's sad to see what the genre has turned into today... talk about going backwards. There was more thrill bringing back a backpack full of goods to sell from a 5 hour hunting trip, than there was in 6 months of playing a carebear MMO like WOW.

Warner Bros has basically gutted turbine so this comes as no surprise.

RIP AC

And if anyone from Darktide want's a trip down memory lane: http://www.schattenkind.com/past-present/history.html

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2016, 01:40.

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Rises
2. Re: Dead Rising 4 Rises Dec 7, 2016, 16:32 Osc8r

No proper co-op
No difficulty
Windows 10 timed exclusive
Rehash of the first game

EA, is that you?

Thanks, but no thanks.

212 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >