Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 237 (Novice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
1. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 21, 2017, 18:17 Osc8r

Hell yeah!

Woooolooooloooooooo

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Released
8. Re: Agents of Mayhem Released Aug 15, 2017, 21:39 Osc8r

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 20:25:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 19:32:
Instead of making Saints Row 5 - they make whatever this trash is?

RIP

They don't have the Saints Row IP dumbass.

Uh, it has playable characters from previous saints row games and is built in the same universe.

Then there's this little snippet straight from their official steam page:

What is Agents of Mayhem?

Agents of MAYHEM is the latest open-world, third-person action game from the creators of the Saints Row franchise!

So yeah.

Dumbass.

-edit- Oh, and i think you will find their parent company owns both volition and the saints row ip.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2017, 22:08.

News Comments > Fragmented Released
1. Re: Fragmented Released Aug 15, 2017, 19:38 Osc8r

Sad to see what repopulation turned into....  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Trailer
2. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Aug 15, 2017, 19:37 Osc8r

Mid week beta, joy!  

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Released
3. Re: Agents of Mayhem Released Aug 15, 2017, 19:32 Osc8r

Instead of making Saints Row 5 - they make whatever this trash is?

RIP

News Comments > Paragon's Game-Changing New Dawn Update
3. Re: Paragon's Game-Changing New Dawn Update Aug 9, 2017, 19:44 Osc8r

Good old Epic, keep overhauling the game every 6 months in a hope that something sticks and makes it fun.

Whilst i enjoyed it for a couple of months, it was pretty clear the Dev's had no clue what they were doing (winions, shallow and very 'samey' heroes, orb prime buff, hero balance, respawn timers, endless ward spam, the super restrictive card system, low level cap etc etc). It seemed their sole focus was short match times.

The game really lacked any depth or replayability - there was no big plays or %@#$% moments as every match was pretty much a clone of the last i.e. choose OP heroes, win a team fight, push to the core before the enemy can respawn.

And then you had the terrible matchmaking system, placing a premade of 5 with 1000 hours played each against a bunch of randoms with less than 100 hours combined. Like WTF? How's that enjoyable for anyone...

Not to mention the never ending queue dodging, where people would simply exit the pre-match area if they didn't get the hero they wanted or someone chose one of the non-OP heroes... and which resulted in the whole match abandoning and you getting booted back to the bottom of the matchmaking search (which could take 20+ minutes each time due to low POP).

/meh

At this time their only hope is the console MOBA market who have no or very low 'moba' expectations.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2017, 20:58.

News Comments > Résumé Reveals Grand Theft Auto VI?
12. Re: Résumé Reveals Grand Theft Auto VI? Jul 27, 2017, 19:12 Osc8r

McTurbo wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 14:53:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 14:24:
As long as it wasn't as godawful boring as 4 and 5 and has characters with actual depth, I may look at it. But after 4 and 5, Rockstar has a lot to prove to me before I lay down money.

5 was not that bad.

as for something to prove to you.. their games are technological marvels at the very height of video game achievement and on the forefront of game development.. they are not without their flaws but damn man.. that's some hell of an ego to think they owe you anything.. maybe you will be happier with more doom and half-life clones rather than putting a vested interest in a developer who provides the level of innovation that rockstar has.

Fkn lmao.

Let me guess, you also have wet dreams about the next COD?

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
6. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 26, 2017, 22:07 Osc8r

Remastering a game or two = first class citizen treatment.

FU.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Ghost War Open Beta Plans
5. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Ghost War Open Beta Plans Jul 22, 2017, 01:17 Osc8r

They should be doing their own version of KOTK / PUBG. 4 v 4 seems like such a waste.

/shrugs

Either way they need to improve their gunplay,

News Comments > Wild West Online Trailer
7. Re: Wild West Online Trailer Jul 10, 2017, 23:22 Osc8r

Blackhawk wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 21:53:
Full open-world PvP.

No thanks. I've seen too many games with it ruined by roving troll squads. I have better things to do with my time.

Like running mindless, brain-dead errands for AI?

At least open world PVP breaks up the monotony that is MMO PVE.

The best feature i saw from that video was the bounties. The bounty hunter system in SWG was epic (when it worked).

Q: Will there be servers available for people with diverse playstyle? IE: Roleplaying / PvP / PvE / RPPvp / RPPvE?
A: We will offer at start two types of servers - official servers that feature PVP and PVE mixed activities, as well as community managed and run RP servers, where the community will set their own rules for each server.

News Comments > Agents of MAYHEM Trailer
4. Re: Agents of MAYHEM Jun 27, 2017, 19:11 Osc8r

This is going to flop so hard.

Just hope it doesn't ruin our chances of another good SR game.

News Comments > More on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Success
8. Re: More on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Success Jun 26, 2017, 00:04 Osc8r

Cutter wrote on Jun 25, 2017, 21:43:
Whatever, devs struck lightning, good for them. It could have just as easily gone the other way. I wish I had that kind of luck.

Trollol.

There was a lot of untapped sales there...look how successful KOTK has been and that game is a complete mess that gets worse every patch.

I've been wondering for years why a AAA company hasn't tried their hand at it, but they'd rather keep regurgitating the same shit over and over.

Well done bluehole. It's amazing what you guys have done with 30 staff in such a small amount of time...

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
20. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 19:43 Osc8r

Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:23:
This is the kind of shit that has Rockstar flip the PC off for.

Rockstar have been screwing PC gamers for how long now?

/pulls out the worlds smallest violin.

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Announced
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 13, 2017, 18:59 Osc8r

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 18:45:
Osc8r wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 00:34:
Stop rehashing this sh*t and make AOE4.

Dude, the only way to play AoE 1 these days is to pirate an .iso or get the CD-ROM off eBay, install Win98 in a virtual machine, and run it there. Edgelords such as yourself may be cool with that, but personally, I'd rather just buy an executable that runs on modern systems and have 2d graphics that don't look like shit on my 21:9 monitor.

And you'd pay $20 for that privilege? Oh, and it still looks like shit.

Oh, and 4chan ->

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Announced
4. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Announced Jun 13, 2017, 00:34 Osc8r

Stop rehashing this sh*t and make AOE4.

Cossacks 3 isn't too bad, been playing that lately for my RTS fix.

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders II This Month
3. Re: Dungeon Defenders II This Month Jun 1, 2017, 18:57 Osc8r

Dungeon Defenders 1 was awesome.

Dungeon Defenders 2, took everything that was awesome from DD1 and removed it. Added extra servings of grind...even to progress to the next level, and turned the great loot and upgrade system from the first one... into a pile of monotonous, restrictive shit.

RIP DD.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 in February
58. Re: Far Cry 5 in February May 26, 2017, 20:58 Osc8r

Co-op again, nice!

Feeling some wildlands influence though.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies
23. Re: Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies May 26, 2017, 00:48 Osc8r

Meh. Not sure what the fuss is about.

All the skills seemed like they were copied and pasted across heroes, just with different animations. Some abilities sounded great, but were completely useless. Others were great at level 1, but scaled terribly at higher levels.

The game gave the impression of having a lot of depth, but was actually rather shallow..and the gameplay was rather repetitive and felt like a grind.

At least it had co-op.

Titan quest was far superior IMO.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 in September
5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 in September May 25, 2017, 02:00 Osc8r

About time they had a release date!

Just hope the difficulty is a little better in this one. The first one was extremely difficult around the starter zone, then became a walk in the park.

News Comments > EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players
16. Re: EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players May 10, 2017, 19:12 Osc8r

Blahman wrote on May 10, 2017, 16:42:
Flak wrote on May 10, 2017, 05:35:
Slick wrote on May 10, 2017, 03:57:
Still the best engine, the best FPS hit detection, the best a lot of things. The main game modes are getting dull as fuck for me after playing the same shit for 15 years, but going to Battlegrounds is just painful trying to aim, shoot, or have your hits reg. Say what you will about BF1, the underlying technology is the high bar for FPS games.

This may be the most frustrating part of all. After DICE LA massively cleaned up the mess than was the launch of BF4, the game evolved into a very tight shooter for it's scale, to this day it's still the most fluid and fun large-scale multiplayer FPS by a large margin. BF1 is a technical marvel on many levels, visuals, audio design, netcode performance among other things. If only they put the same amount of thought into the game and level design. With some fresh ideas, the franchise could really be given a breath of fresh air given the technology they have.

I think EA will likely make a Battle Royale game after seeing PUBG's success. I say bring it on, a little competition can't hurt.

Yeah, i used to get downvoted to hell for it on h1z1 reddit - but i always used to say... imagine how great a battle royal game would be if it was done with the latest frostbite engine.

237 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo