Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 193 (Novice)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Rises
2. Re: Dead Rising 4 Rises Dec 7, 2016, 16:32 Osc8r

No proper co-op
No difficulty
Windows 10 timed exclusive
Rehash of the first game

EA, is that you?

Thanks, but no thanks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Paragon Monolith Update Live
5. Re: Paragon Monolith Update Live Dec 6, 2016, 16:51 Osc8r

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 6, 2016, 11:29:
Is this game anywhere near as good as DOTA 2?

Nope.

It's very shallow and there's a distinct lack of big plays. Carries don't actually carry per se, and the card system is based around RNG - and which is full of boring passives and actives with stupidly long cooldowns. Did i also mention you have to select your cards before the match starts?

It also has a bunch of shared resources, and a super low XP and Card cap. Hero's also lack depth eg invoker has a higher skill ceiling and learning curve than all the hero's in paragon combined (i guess this may be due to the multi platform / console limitations).

Think of it more like a shooter hybrid with 'winions' (yes, we call them winions because they can take your towers and inhibitor [barracks] in seconds by themselves).

I've been playing it on and off for a few months and while it's definitely not bad, just don't go in expecting a game comparable to DOTA.

Still worth a shot though, it's free.

News Comments > Paragon Monolith Update Live
4. Re: Paragon Monolith Update Live Dec 6, 2016, 16:47 Osc8r

DP...and not the good kind.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
34. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 5, 2016, 00:27 Osc8r

MWO was pretty... lackluster. It felt kinda consolised, with a lot of missing features depth. And the mech bay UI got progressively worse over time.

Saying that, if this has co-op i'll definitely try it out though, as i have fond memories of playing the early mechwarriors in co-op.

Single player on rails? Pass.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Early Access Delay
1. Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Delay Nov 22, 2016, 16:50 Osc8r

A delayed funcom game?! What is the world coming too!  

News Comments > Civilization VI Fall Update
3. Re: Civilization VI Fall Update Nov 18, 2016, 22:35 Osc8r

Have they added co-op yet? Can't believe it's missing.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
11. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Nov 16, 2016, 16:52 Osc8r

This game literally had me falling asleep at my desk.

Everything about it is do damn boring, even by modern MMO standards.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend
4. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend Nov 4, 2016, 00:16 Osc8r

A weekend is all you need for this one.  

News Comments > Farming Simulator 17 Sprouts
3. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Sprouts Oct 25, 2016, 01:30 Osc8r

1:04.

Coming soon, truck wheelie simulator.

News Comments > New Paragon Character Next Week
6. Re: New Paragon Character Next Week Oct 21, 2016, 07:47 Osc8r

Ceribaen wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 01:03:
Osc8r wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 19:13:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 21:16:
Hrm, this game looks so gorgeous, and I got like $250 worth of Paragon Points with my video card, perhaps I should try it.

Anybody actually play this game, with an opinion based on actual game time?

It's graphics are amazing....

Sadly nothing else stands out. It feels like a MOBA designed specifically for console players and people who have never played a MOBA before.

But if you've got some free points to spend why not?
It's free, and i got a few weeks of playtime out of it.

How did the changes go to reduce match times? That was my primary dislike of it... games regularly were 30-45min plus

The removal of the OP dunk mechanic definitely reduced the average game times.

However, they've also made the towers and inhibitors super weak. All you need to do to win matches now is run between lanes, kill the enemy ranged minions, then distract the enemy with a team push. Your minions will bunch up, and take their towers before they know what hit them.

It's kind of hilarious tbh.

If you've bored of the game in the past, I'd suggest you wait a few more months. They are scrapping their current map and replacing it with an entirely new, smaller one...one which doesn't have travel mode.

News Comments > New Paragon Character Next Week
4. Re: New Paragon Character Next Week Oct 20, 2016, 19:13 Osc8r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 21:16:
Hrm, this game looks so gorgeous, and I got like $250 worth of Paragon Points with my video card, perhaps I should try it.

Anybody actually play this game, with an opinion based on actual game time?

It's graphics are amazing....

Sadly nothing else stands out. It feels like a MOBA designed specifically for console players and people who have never played a MOBA before.

But if you've got some free points to spend why not?
It's free, and i got a few weeks of playtime out of it.

News Comments > Civilization VI Preloads and Launch Trailer
3. Re: Civilization VI Preloads and Launch Trailer Oct 17, 2016, 23:38 Osc8r

Please don't suck.
Please don't suck.
Please don't suck.
Please don't suck.
Please don't be full of stupid AI doing nothing else but pillaging your shit (which will be 50x more frustrating with the new city tiles).
Please don't suck.
Please don't suck.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm "Systemic Level" Changes Coming
5. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Oct 16, 2016, 04:01 Osc8r

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 00:43:
Grokk wrote on Oct 15, 2016, 21:36:
I don't play the game, I just wanted to comment on Blizzards need to constantly "balance" every little thing, and how they tend to screw everything else just to fix a small balance issue.

It's an e-sport game. Of course they're going to try to balance it. Games like this will never have perfect balance. The constant changes keep the meta from getting too stale though.

*It's trying very hard to be an e-sports game.

There's only two channels on twitch that have more than a hundred viewers right now.

Not sure how it even pulls that # to be honest. Clunky, inferior, low skill ceiling games don't make for good viewing (even with the Blizzard name attached!).

I do agree that moba's need to change and evolve though, otherwise they'd get rather boring.

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Launch Trailer
13. Re: Gears of War 4 Launch Trailer Sep 20, 2016, 01:48 Osc8r

Bundy wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 14:07:
In before someone says the phrase "console garbage"!

Damn, you beat me to it.

But does it really need to be said? Run to cover, shoot. Run to cover, shoot. Run to cover, shoot.

Not exactly "pc garbage".

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 18, 2016, 19:42 Osc8r

Slick wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 15:26:
OLEDs are just too damned expensive, and still have their fallbacks and limitations.

Even so, once you go OLED you can't go back.

I've had my OLED for about a year now and haven't seen any limitations (besides LG's motion tech not being the best). I know there's the image burn in concern but if i'm sure if i get 5 years out of my TV i'm probably going to be ready for the next gen OLED by then anyway.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access
8. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 16, 2016, 01:09 Osc8r

Loved the first one, but waiting till live before i try this one as i don't wait to ruin it.

I just hope they've tweaked the difficulty. The first one was challenging around the starter town then became a piece of piss.

News Comments > Paragon Adds New Hero
4. Re: Paragon Adds New Hero Sep 14, 2016, 19:19 Osc8r

MattyC wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 04:32:
Osc8r wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 23:07:
who aren't that familiar with DOTA, LOL etc.

I don't know about the console crowd and I haven't had a chance to play this yet, but it could be welcome. I mean the market is saturated, but games like Heroes of the Storm that don't rely on that increasingly tired last hit mechanic and item buying might spark some interest. Probably not from me though...

It does have the last hit mechanic, but due to the shared xp and what not it's very forgiving but lacks depth.

I'm not sure what issues have with item buying it other MOBA's, as it's a system that adds much more replayability, strategy and depth to the game... but the card system they are using in Paragon is a pretty poor substitute.

RNG system + cash shop to get the better cards... wasn't this meant to be a competitive game?

Travel Mode (the out of combat run speed buff) is the biggest issue with the game at the moment. It renders a lot of the hero movement speed abilities and escapes useless, and results in roaming ganksquads/deathballs being the pretty much only viable tactic.

Anyway, i'm still enjoying it but as long as i think of it as a shooter with some basic MOBA elements, and not try and compare it to DOTA or LOL.

News Comments > Paragon Adds New Hero
1. Re: Paragon Adds New Hero Sep 13, 2016, 23:07 Osc8r

That game has good graphics but it just feels like it lacks depth... feels more like a third person shooter with a couple of basic MOBA elements thrown in.

Feels like a game good to introduce people to MOBA's... so probably would have been good several years back. Although saying that, maybe it will be more popular with the console crowd who aren't that familiar with DOTA, LOL etc.

News Comments > PC Dead Rising Rises
4. Re: PC Dead Rising Rises Sep 13, 2016, 23:04 Osc8r

Yeah, i hated the time limited on the first one... it completely turned me off the game.

Played DR3 in co-op and quite enjoyed it though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 18:53 Osc8r

I get to use heaps of different phones and work, and after having some aging issues with my old HTC One M7, i did a lot of research and bought an S7 (even though i haven't been all that impressed with prior galaxies).

I've got to say... no complaints. A lot less bloatware than i was expecting, it's super fast, camera is awesome, great battery life, and the oled screen makes other phones look crap.

Wouldn't have bought it outright though, i got it included on a plan. Figured if it didn't like it i could throw it on ebay for pretty much full price.

193 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo