Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 382 (Amateur)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed
18. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Jun 19, 2018, 21:42 Osc8r

Orogogus wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 20:11:
Osc8r wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 19:16:
There needs to be 'enemy mech detected', and enemy mech's on hard mode should be actually be challenging. I fondly remember getting wrecked quite often in mech warrior 1 / 2, and coming across mech's twice my weight and being like 'fk me'.

I think 95% of MW1 players went through the game using a Locust to murder lances of Battlemasters by running behind them and machine-gunning their legs. They killed things ridiculously fast and you didn't have to spend so much time walking to the fight.

True that! Felt a little cheap after a while though.

There was a mission where you come across a couple of rifleman in a city, i took my Marauder in and kept getting my legs destroyed in 1-2 shots so i had to revert back to my little firefly or whatever the hell it was called.

Then there was a mission where a nuke was set off... sadly i had a mech with all empty space was occupied by PPC's and not much else. One shot basically = one kill, but i'd have to shutdown for 30 seconds after each click so i didn't quite make it out alive.

Awesome game. Hope this one isn't COD in mechs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed
16. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Jun 19, 2018, 19:16 Osc8r

There needs to be 'enemy mech detected', and enemy mech's on hard mode should be actually be challenging. I fondly remember getting wrecked quite often in mech warrior 1 / 2, and coming across mech's twice my weight and being like 'fk me'.

The video of MW5 made it looks like easy mode, where most of your time is just spent just shooting potatoes and shrugging off pretty much everything thrown at you.

I hope i'm wrong as i loved mechwarrior and co-op has me further invested, but they did completely screw up then further ruin MWO after all.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 17, 2018, 19:05 Osc8r

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 17, 2018, 14:19:
After you have watched a couple episodes of this you will tire of it quickly. This game will be a bust in esports, far to repeticious.

I don't know, BR seems to be the perfect game for attracting and maintaining viewers. Unlike strategy games and moba's, it doesn't actually require any understanding of the gameplay mechanics, and each match is more varied than your typical shooter affair.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2018, 18:49 Osc8r

ESO is the only game i've played where i literally fell asleep at the keyboard. I've played plenty of MMO's, but that game takes boring to a whole new level with the terrible combat and AI scaling - and as you mentioned, you don't even feel like your character is actually progressing.

Would have happily paid good money for Elder Scrolls co-op though, but instead we get this generic trash.

News Comments > Get Cuisine Royale for Free
6. Re: Get Cuisine Royale for Free Jun 17, 2018, 03:00 Osc8r

They need to fix animations and tighten up movement. The map also has WAY too much foliage... making gameplay extremely slow / boring especially with such a small amount of players.

Combat seems to be extremely RNG. One time you can hold a machine gun down on someone's face and they shrug it off only to turn around and one tap you with some shitty pistol.

Oh, and there needs to be a big increase in ammo spawns.

Has potential though, and still better than that Realm Royale trash.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2018, 06:02.

News Comments > LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September
17. Re: LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September Jun 13, 2018, 18:41 Osc8r

Radical heights felt like an unfinished indie game done by a couple of mates in a basement.

Lawbreakers failed because it was generic, poorly marketed, overpriced, and had to compete with Overwatch.

If they made lawbreakers into a BR game that was F2P they would have found success.

News Comments > The Crew 2 Open Beta Next Week
1. Re: The Crew 2 Open Beta Next Week Jun 11, 2018, 21:38 Osc8r

More than two missions this time?  

News Comments > Win10 Exclusive Gears of War 5 Announced
10. Re: Win10 Exclusive Gears of War 5 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 18:41 Osc8r

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 17:53:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 14:10:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 12:13:
This always works so well for them. Remember what a big hit....uh....ANY Windows Market game was?

Yeah, me either.

They dont care about you if youre not on win10, and honestly, Id rather they do this win10 store thing than the inevitable alternative. I never thought Id get a Forza game on PC, but here we are. It may not be the best way possible to get these games onto PC, but THEY ARE ON PC.

I am on Windows 10. I just don't buy anything from the Windows Store. Just trying Sea of Thieves was an exercise in frustration. No thanks.

Amen. Was going to try State Of Decay 2 until i saw it was MS store only. May try it when it arrives on Steam and has a 50% off sale.

As of Gears of War i didn't even finish the second one. Repetitive, linear, snorefest. Pass.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
54. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 18:24 Osc8r

Sounds like they abandoned co-op/multiplayer? Pfft. Oh well, fallout, wolf and dead island 2 it is  

News Comments > Dying Light 2 Announced
17. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 18:20 Osc8r

Not going to lie...that looks awesome. Just don't mess with the co-op formula from the first one and i'm down.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed
7. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 9, 2018, 18:09 Osc8r

Hell yeah. Scoreboard shooters are so 80's, about time they did something different.  

News Comments > Get Totally Accurate Battlegrounds for Free
14. Re: Get Totally Accurate Battlegrounds for Free Jun 9, 2018, 03:40 Osc8r

I gave it a try - servers seem buggy in that there's like 40,000 playing but nobody in the queue/match. Exiting out of the match and re-trying a few times seemed to resolve it.

Combat is pretty... meh, and the map is WAYYYYYYYYY too big for the limited amount of players.

Also gave Realm Royale a try and it was even worse. The combat was a clunky mess. Felt like I was playing a WOW ripoff from 2005.

Fortnite and PUBG have nothing to worry about at this point in time.

9. Re: Get Totally Accurate Battlegrounds for Free Jun 8, 2018, 01:20 Osc8r

Another one to checkout is Realm Royale.  

2. Re: Get Totally Accurate Battlegrounds for Free Jun 7, 2018, 18:49 Osc8r

Looks like what radical heights was trying to achieve - something fun and light hearted.

Will check it out over the weekend.

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
14. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 18:20 Osc8r

Can't say i have any issue finding the games i'm interested in - that said, i usually start with the "online co-op" tag which may filter out said trash from the start.

I don't have a problem with this change, especially as an Australian who needs to be protected by all the bad stuff cause the government knows best.

Oh, and INB4 Steam ban in Australia.

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 2018, 19:33.

News Comments > Warhammer: Chaosbane Announced
9. Re: Warhammer: Chaosbane Announced Jun 1, 2018, 21:10 Osc8r

Darks wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 16:30:
LOC wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 14:41:
Warhammer 40K Inquisitor Martyr is an ARPG and its been out in EA for months now (getting close to final release). Its from the Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing devs, so yeah. Chaosbane is not the first ARPG set in that universe.

Yea, I bought this when they first started to sell it on their web site. Played it a little. been also avoiding this one so I dont get burned out when it goes live. But its been a fun game too. just a little disappointed in their approach to how Coop works.

They opted to not have the Campaign Coop. only missions.

Bummer!!

Ahh, now I remember why I removed it from my wish list.

Stupid decision considering the best thing about their helsing games was the co-op.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Tactics Trailer
11. Re: Space Hulk: Tactics Trailer May 30, 2018, 18:36 Osc8r

Space Crusade [Atari era] was still the best by far. I tried the remake but it was trash.

Going to skip this one too unless they add co-op.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 May 28, 2018, 21:20 Osc8r

mag wrote on May 28, 2018, 10:06:
Osc8r wrote on May 27, 2018, 18:14:
I would have bought DS if they had removed all the BS you had to go through just to play co-op with a friend, not to mention all the stupid limitations to go with it.

Just let people play co-op with friends, it's not that fkn hard.

What do you want, a lobby? You type in a password. Your friend types in a password. Voila, you can always co-op together, and you'll only see eachother's signs.

From memory you had to complete certain sections, find a certain item, find somewhere to activate said item, your friend had to be a certain level, then it's only for a limited time and your friends progress wasn't fully saved? Or some such BS...

AFAIK it was the same in the sequel, thus i never purchased either game.

All i wanted was a normal game where i could simply bring up steam, find a friend, click join. Done.

This comment was edited on May 29, 2018, 00:58.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $27,000 Bundle?
30. Re: Star Citizen's $27,000 Bundle? May 28, 2018, 18:09 Osc8r

loomy wrote on May 28, 2018, 13:51:
how much does everything in fortnite add up to?

I can't even fathom why anyone would spend waste $20 on a pointless skin, let alone $27,000 on some vaporware crap.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 May 27, 2018, 18:14 Osc8r

I would have bought DS if they had removed all the BS you had to go through just to play co-op with a friend, not to mention all the stupid limitations to go with it.

Just let people play co-op with friends, it's not that fkn hard.

382 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo