Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 429 (Amateur)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > H1Z1 Becoming Z1 Battle Royale
6. Re: H1Z1 Becoming Z1 Battle Royale Sep 23, 2018, 18:54 Osc8r

DangerDog wrote on Sep 23, 2018, 17:24:
Battle Royale is a cancer, can't wait for the patient to die.

It's not going anywhere, having one life and being the last one standing on a huge dynamic map is far more interesting (for a lot of people at least) than trying to top a scoreboard in an endless loop of small static maps with endless lives, or running around chasing your tail standing in circles waiting for zones to capture/recapture.

Bout time the genre evolved away from the same shit we've been stuck with for the past 2 decades. Hell, there's more diversity, replayability and creativity in Fortnites LTM's than there's ever been in the entire shooter genre... and that's sad AF.

As for H1Z1..lol, how many times are going to rename your turd? You failed to capitalize on the success you had an instead of improving your game you made it worse every.single.patch. Maybe if you had hired some actual programmers instead of blowing all your budget on marketing...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 20, 2018, 18:54 Osc8r

The price is absurd - $1500 AUD for a 2080 (non TI)? Like WTF...

It should be half that.

My 980 TI cost me $900.

Come on AMD, get your shit together already...we need you!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta
17. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 17, 2018, 01:02 Osc8r

Sepharo wrote on Sep 17, 2018, 00:58:
Osc8r wrote on Sep 17, 2018, 00:53:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 16, 2018, 00:35:
You're crazy. For most of the guns it takes forever to kill someone.
You can hose em on down and need to reload before you get a kill sometimes.

And with the near instantaneous healing fights can go on forever.

Forever?

https://youtu.be/7fGIvXGojX8?t=2m29s

Try 0.5 seconds a fight. If you can aim and you fire first you win, and the enemies don't even get a chance to fight back... how fun!

Low TTK doesn't suit BR games at all IMO, especially ones where everyone sprints and slides around at 100mph... but hey, if that's what the console kids want i guess?

I didn't have many complaints about the menu UI, but looting/inventory system was trash.

Right that's why I said for most of the guns. The majority of weapons are not like that.
That's a shotgun that has an inventory description of "reliable 2 shot kills". It's supposed to be a strong close range death dealer but it's probably a bit too good right now.

And a Shroud clip isn't going to be really all that representative of even the average good player.

It's the same pretty much all weapons though: https://youtu.be/7fGIvXGojX8?t=4m14s

Takes under a second to kill each player.

That was pretty much my experience in the beta, you either kill your opponent in a second or they kill you in a second. The only half way interesting fights were late game with longer range weapons.

Hell, i tried squads thinking that may be better, but you split up for a few seconds and boom, one of them gets knocked and finished before they can say 'help'.

I mean just look at how quickly his teammate dies in that fight... blink and you will miss it.

I don't know, i guess i just enjoy more tactical thoughtful play than rambo insta kill fests where all that matters is aim.

Could be just getting old though!

15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 17, 2018, 00:53 Osc8r

Sepharo wrote on Sep 16, 2018, 00:35:
You're crazy. For most of the guns it takes forever to kill someone.
You can hose em on down and need to reload before you get a kill sometimes.

And with the near instantaneous healing fights can go on forever.

Forever?

https://youtu.be/7fGIvXGojX8?t=2m29s

Try 0.5 seconds a fight. If you can aim and you fire first you win, and the enemies don't even get a chance to fight back... how fun!

Low TTK doesn't suit BR games at all IMO, especially ones where everyone sprints and slides around at 100mph... but hey, if that's what the console kids want i guess?

I didn't have many complaints about the menu UI, but looting/inventory system was trash.

6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 15, 2018, 22:15 Osc8r

At first play it feels very arcady, and the TTK is ridiculously low - it may suit consoles where it's harder to aim, but not on PC's where people die in a matter of seconds to an smg even with lvl 3 armor.

The inventory system is fn terrible and the quality of graphics/rendering at longer range is so damn blurry even at render res of 150 at 1440p.

I may need to put in some more time just a shame the beta doesn't last longer.

Ok, put in more some time... I don't think the game is for me. Too fast for my old timer re-actions and the low TTK (which the consensus on the forums is that it's too HIGH) just makes for unrewarding combat. You spend so much time looting, relocating, and searching for people (extremely BUSY environment) only for combat to be over so quickly?

Shame, was hoping for more... but it feels like your run of your mill COD game just with a BR mode tacked on. Shooting down heli's was fun though...

I don't think fornite has anything to worry about even if this was free. Two completely different games for two completely different audiences.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2018, 01:27.

News Comments > War of Conquest Early Access Next Week
5. Re: War of Conquest Early Access Next Week Sep 12, 2018, 18:32 Osc8r

I can usually look past graphics... but damn, that looks like a mobile game... from a Nokia.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Beta Specs
8. Re: Op Ed Sep 11, 2018, 18:17 Osc8r

Beamer wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 09:38:
LibertyOrDeath wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 00:35:
Not sure how Fortnite got so popular but I hate that style of play. Spend more of the time looking around...Give me a break...

Because you're probably over 34. Your opinion on games is no longer relevant, like most of ours here. Like ll the 60 year olds saying they'll never buy Nikes again (as if they would have, anyway.)

Definitely over 34 here, and in Australia at least, i come across us oldies in random fortnite squads more than i would have expected. That said there's plenty of 'squeakies' in the mix as well.

Fortnite is huge in gaming full stop.

I think PUBG is about to be in a world of hurt... but way less than they would have been if the price of admission into COD BR wasn't so damn high.

Just hope they consider upping the TTK a little, but overall it looks like a pretty solid effort already.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2018, 19:20.

News Comments > Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs?
21. Re: Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs? Sep 11, 2018, 05:41 Osc8r

Even more overrated than that other console trash... gears of war.  

4. Re: Op Ed Sep 11, 2018, 01:05 Osc8r

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 00:35:
Not sure how Fortnite got so popular but I hate that style of play. Spend more of the time looking around...Give me a break...

It depends how you want to play, there's plenty of popular landing area's so if you want action just go there. Then it's just a matter of predicting peoples movements from other area's into the safe zone, so once you have a bit of experience it's not hard to find fights.

When you only have one life and have actually put in effort to get gear it makes fights more meaningful, and gameplay more intense (at a least for me). In games like BF where it's just a matter of tapping respawn it clearly shows; people just rush in rambo style non stop, they gets as many kills as they can, they die, nobody can be assed waiting for a medic so they just click respawn and do exactly the same thing...over and over and over. Then you're at a loading screen with an outro, your score and a timer, a loading screen, some stupid intro, more timers, and then finally into another match that plays pretty much the same as the last. IMO there's way more downtime in BF than fornite, and much less gameplay variety.

Then there's TTK. In fornite, unless you get headshot by a rare sniper, once someone shoots at you you generally have time to re-eact and then have a chance to outplay your opponent, whereas in BF if you can aim your enemy is pretty much dead... which makes fights/kills/combat much less rewarding.

The large map and shrinking playzone that's common in a lot of BR games and which changes every match also makes thing much more dynamic, instead of the camping nests and out of bounds area's that plagued BF beta.

There's also the varying limited time modes in fortnite that play completely different, some which offer much more action orientated gameplay, like quicker gas, smaller zones, all gold loot, getaway etc.

/shrug

Horse for courses i guess, but i haven't had this much fun with shooters since Quake World.

Looking at gameplay vids I think that Blackout mode is going to be HUGE, and much more popular than their regular mode. I see BF having disapointing sales, with their BR mode being their only possible saving grace. That said, I think COD may have them beat unless they get their shit together quick.

The comp shooter genre is finally changing and I for one and happy for it.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2018, 05:57.

News Comments > Door Kickers: Action Squad Released
3. Re: Door Kickers: Action Squad Released Sep 10, 2018, 21:50 Osc8r

I played their top down doorkickers game in co-op and really enjoyed it, definitely going to try this one when i get a chance.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2018, 23:12.

2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Beta Specs Sep 10, 2018, 21:47 Osc8r

As much as i despise COD, i watched a couple of streams of the console version of their Blackout mode and i've got to admit... it looks much more enjoyable than anything i saw in the BF5 beta. Hell, you can even see what's going on!

That said the FOV and console movement did my head it quickly.

Hmm... i think i may try the beta after all.

Yes, i feel dirty saying that.

News Comments > OVERKILLíS The Walking Dead Closed Beta Next Month
3. Re: OVERKILLíS The Walking Dead Closed Beta Next Month Sep 9, 2018, 20:55 Osc8r

Inspired by Robert Kirkmans the Walking Dead... so let me guess, every character is going to have the same personality, will wine constantly, and do the dumbest things imaginable?

They will then die off randomly, their family/friends will cry about them for an episode only for them to be long forgotten in the next. But fear not viewer, another even more annoying character will soon replace them - probably some black guy with a stick, who is the most annoying douche of them all (well, except for Carole and Carl).

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2018, 05:03.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 9, 2018, 02:40 Osc8r

High Stakes mode is great, hell, this one mode alone if more enjoyable than everything I saw in the BF5 beta...  

News Comments > Battlefield V Beta Opens
32. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 7, 2018, 22:44 Osc8r

Ok, so I gave in and tried it... not a fan at all. Feels like BF1 reskinned. TTK is redicously low, combat is trash, lots of loading screens/downtime. The whole thing just feels... meh.

Uninstalled after an hour.

News Comments > Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing
12. Re: Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing Sep 7, 2018, 17:47 Osc8r

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 10:59:
I couldnít shake the feeling that it was just a less interesting WoW

How's that even possible?

23. Re: Battlefield V Beta Opens Sep 7, 2018, 04:27 Osc8r

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 19:10:
Osc8r wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 18:59:
What's the Time to Kill like i.e. does it just boil down to whoever fires first wins as some video's seem to suggest?

Think i'm still burnt out from BF1.

It's about the same as BF1, ie 5 bullets or more, or 2 sniper hits unless you get a headshot. Tried a few arounds with the G3 and was extremely unimpressed... in between making a good game and whatever this is they forgot to make gunplay fun, everything feels... weird. And the vehicles are 1:1 to BF1, honestly couldn't tell any difference aside from the slightly improved building destruction. For me this is a hard skip and instead I pre-ordered cyberpunk 2077 ;p

I gave it a fair chance though.

I dunno how to explain that, but in BF4 when you aim and do burst fire it behaves like you would expect, it just feels right, snappy and instant, in this game the weapons feel like they shoot pellets that have an ever so slight audio and visual delay. I'd chalk it up to "beta" but it ain't a beta, it is a demo. You can really feel how slow the bullets move though, and there are dozens of audio bugs. Like tanks not making ANY sound or the lack of footsteps (again...)

And seriously, but MG's shooting to the RIGHT of the barrel is just all kinds of fucked up. So much for "realistic" spread.

Add to this the absurdly stupid squad system which feels incrediblllllyyyyyyyy slow and cumbersome compared to BF4 instant switch I honestly couldn't tell if this game was supposed to be a prank or is meant for real. BF1 feels EXACTLY like this game, which is not a compliment at all for me. But if you like BF1 you will love this, it's BF1 improved.

What it isn't is the lessons they learned from nearly 2 years of BF4 patching. Nothing from that game is in BF5 and the tick-rate of the servers is 10, yes, 10, not 30, actually 10. And that's how it feels, everything has a 100ms~ server side delay to it especially noticeable when you spectate.

And just to put this into perspective, I continue to play BF4, I love that game, everything feels right, even when you hit, especially 60hz servers. Once you tasted how that feels, you can never go back. I'd even say BF1 and now BF5 feel like you have a muddy swamp around you instead of clean air. Everything is ever so slightly "off"

Thanks mate, appreciate it. I hated BF1, loved BF4... so this will be a hard pass. Don't think I can even be assed to try the Beta at this point.

16. Re: Battlefield V Beta Opens Sep 6, 2018, 18:59 Osc8r

What's the Time to Kill like i.e. does it just boil down to whoever fires first wins as some video's seem to suggest?

Think i'm still burnt out from BF1.

News Comments > Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed
19. Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed Aug 31, 2018, 02:00 Osc8r

Saboth wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 19:02:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 18:37:
All games need a co-op OPTION.

I can't remember the last single player game i finished...maybe GTA SA? All games are better with mates.

Perhaps, but there are single player games that were absolutely ruined by coop. I loved Orcs Must Die. For the second game, they added coop and the game was terrible as a single-player experience. The maps were too large, you spent to much time running. It was obviously tuned for 2 people, and was not remotely as fun as the first game.

How do you know it was solely due to co-op? Similar thing happened to Dungeon defenders but it had co-op in both.

Sometimes dev's are just stupid.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Free Weekend
2. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Free Weekend Aug 31, 2018, 01:46 Osc8r

I'll give it a shot, but the streams i watched seemed to be nothing more than left mouse button spam.  

News Comments > Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed
15. Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed Aug 30, 2018, 18:37 Osc8r

All games need a co-op OPTION.

I can't remember the last single player game i finished...maybe GTA SA? All games are better with mates.

429 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo