Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > New Sims Games
3. No subject Jan 10, 2008, 13:14 WyldKat

Sims games ARE casual games...

Is there anyone else that believes this whole "casual games" movement is bunk and starting to ruin real gaming?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Ron Gilbert Game
2. No subject Jan 9, 2008, 14:07 WyldKat

I would be excited about this if it weren't episodic. I guess I'll have to wait till they are all combined in one package. :\

News Comments > etc.
5. No subject Jan 8, 2008, 17:05 WyldKat

Player housing would mostly benefit the roleplaying communties, you know, the people at actually make an effort to roleplay in an MMORPG... But giving that WoW has never really been built FOR actual roleplaying, unlike games like SWG which featured a lot more props and things for RPers to use, adding in player housing doesn't make a ton of sense because there really isn't anything to -do- with them in WoW, unlike what you could do with them in SWG or UO.

It would be intersting however if at some point guilds could capture actual towns for theirselves and fight over them, but Age of Conan will beat WoW on that one...

News Comments > 2007 in Review
14. No subject Jan 3, 2008, 14:50 WyldKat

Call of Duty...a pretty Counter-Strike game with a plot, beats The Orange Box and Mass Effect? wtf....

News Comments > Universal Combat Freeware
63. No subject Jan 2, 2008, 17:44 WyldKat

Wow...so much stink over a game that's only a few years old being released to everyone...for free.

News Comments > Granado Espada Goes Free
3. No subject Dec 26, 2007, 13:13 WyldKat

Funny thing is, they were charging full retail price for this before too.

I also had it on all of five minutes. I discovered it was another click-to-move borefest, in fact the controls were pretty horrid all together.

News Comments > etc.
3. No subject Dec 20, 2007, 12:37 WyldKat

Of course videogames will take the wrap, it's not like alchohol and stupid people could have caused it. Pity it's always the innocents who pay for the mistakes of dumbasses who continue living and breeding...

News Comments > New Blizzard MMOG Confirmed
18. Re: Dec 12, 2007, 20:28 WyldKat

"Microsoft didn't make a hard drive standard on 360s effectively killing any possibility of having an MMO."

Uh...Final Fantasy XI? Age of Conan?

News Comments > New Blizzard MMOG Confirmed
17. No subject Dec 12, 2007, 20:26 WyldKat

*crosses fingers for a Starcraft MMOFPSRTSRPG*

News Comments > Fury Postmortem
1. No subject Dec 12, 2007, 19:20 WyldKat

Too many beta testers hurt the game?

You mean...people tried the beta and found out what a crappy game this was and weren't duped into buying it?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: RIAA Dec 11, 2007, 15:15 WyldKat

" Can't wait for the day the RIAA gets shut down for good. It's funny how these people have college degrees, yet are so stupid when it comes to things..."

They're not stupid. It's their job to sell bold faced lies and sue the world to scare us into submission.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. RE:Iranians claim to have built Opteron- Dec 7, 2007, 23:29 WyldKat

They just want to play Crysis on full detail level without choppiness.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. No subject Dec 7, 2007, 19:52 WyldKat

Wow...talk about dropping the ball....

I've been waiting for a PSP MMO, or at least in this case, quasi MMO for awhile now. It really sucks that pretty much everyone, even Monster Hunter series, have seemed to forget that the PSP can work in the internets...

At least you can use Kali and a fairly sophisticated network set up to play the MH series online though. :\

News Comments > Star Trek Online Going Casual?
22. No subject Nov 27, 2007, 13:58 WyldKat

I find this sad really. I had stopped looking forward to this game when they mentioned that you or your guild wouldn't be able to fly around in the Galaxy and Sovereign class ships, which was a huge feature they were pushing. I know there were tons of "crews" set up for this game years ago.

It's a pity you can't have that child-like excitement about games anymore, especially MMOs. Hell even SWG delivered on more of their promises than STO will. Now pay to play? Seriously...wtf? Paramount, revoke their license and give it to a more capable dev team, like Mythic, who have been doing some wonderful things with the Warhammer license after that other company blundered it up.

Further...

Free2Play (I.E. Pay out your nose for items) completely goes against everything Star Trek stood for. I dont recall Scotty ever asking for money to fix the warp core, or Worf wanting hand outs for reloading the torpedo compliment. If it really is going this direction, I hope the game is just axed entirely. This model has always disgusted me but has always been limited to absolutely horrific and terrible Korean MMOs (click to move, anyone?) but to see it pop up in a western MMO just sucks...

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 14:01.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. No subject Nov 13, 2007, 17:44 WyldKat

Oh good...so now we can spend 3x as much...

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Air Combat Announced
2. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2007, 14:07 WyldKat

Ace Combat much?

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 14:08.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Great Idea! Sep 13, 2007, 21:26 WyldKat

You sir, win at teh intarnets.

News Comments > FASA Closes
2. No subject Sep 12, 2007, 22:13 WyldKat

Oh...my...god...

*hangs her head low*

Rest in peace FASA. Thank you for bringing the world Battletech/Mechwarrior, Shadowrun (the RPG and Genesis game), and all the other goodness.

Also, Fuck you Microsoft.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: PSP Update Sep 11, 2007, 20:37 WyldKat

Yet another firmware that we can soon update to via custom firmware. :}

News Comments > Guitar Hero III PC and Mac
15. No subject Sep 11, 2007, 20:31 WyldKat

Eh...as much as I love PC, this game is definately a party game, and best suited on a big screen with a home stereo and all your friends gathered around.

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo