Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 1115 (Pro)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive Announced
26. Re: Metal Gear Survive Announced Aug 18, 2016, 08:25 bigspender

Numinar wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 02:10:
I got a bit bored of TPP before the end, but it seems crying out for co-op. Like an awesome arcade version of ARMA, some good tech there.

Absolutely. One person could be marking targets from afar another, covering with a silenced sniper rifle, and another person sneaking in....with a box

It'd be really fun.

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive Announced
22. Re: Metal Gear Survive Announced Aug 17, 2016, 20:12 bigspender

If this plays like exactly MGSV but with co-op and zombies. I'm in (for the coop, not so much the zombies).

MGSV is a fantastic game. Although the first level goes a bit weird.

I don't mind that Kojima isn't involved. Hopefully that means most of the game will be gameplay and not cutscenes.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Aug 15, 2016, 21:55 bigspender

Why would you take a grim, dark fantasy sci-fi game, and then make the graphics and animations cartoony?

faaaaaaaaark.

News Comments > Nine Parchments Announced
1. Re: Nine Parchments Announced Aug 15, 2016, 21:53 bigspender

So is this basically just magicka but without the memes?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2016, 18:41 bigspender

jdreyer wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 13:31:
bigspender wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 06:38:
I can recommend a fantastic book called Power Foods for the Mind by Dr. Neal Barnard, if anyone is interested in decreasing their Alzheimer's risk to almost nil (instead of 50%).

Drugs always have side effects, sometimes worse than the disease it self. Prevention is so much easier.

Links to studies supporting the good doctor's contention? Some examples of recommendations? I'll bet a lot of it is common sense: A lot more vegetables, a lot less red meat and alcohol.

Essentially, yes, eat well, exercise the brain, and do exercises that gets your blood flowing

But a good portion of the book goes to explaining how the mechanisms work, which I found interesting (and also helped me to make better food choices each meal, knowing what the effect was).

I'd happily quote the studies, but there are a few hundred references over 15 pages, and I'm too lazy to type out that many, even though I probably should because brain exercise apparently also helps prevent Alzheimer's

EDIT: you might be able to read the references at end of the book by looking it up in an Amazon preview.

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 2016, 05:06.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2016, 06:38 bigspender

I can recommend a fantastic book called Power Foods for the Mind by Dr. Neal Barnard, if anyone is interested in decreasing their Alzheimer's risk to almost nil (instead of 50%).

Drugs always have side effects, sometimes worse than the disease it self. Prevention is so much easier.

15. Re: Intelligent people tend to be messy, stay awake longer, and swear more. Aug 14, 2016, 00:04 bigspender

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 12:05:
See, I always told you fuckers I'm a fucking genius you twats!!11

LOL

I'd say keeping this quiet on a secret even gives the whole Hodor thing a run for it's money.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2016, 19:00 bigspender

jdreyer wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 03:59:
bigspender wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 03:37:
And even if it's not many states have hoax bomb scare laws. So I'm fairly confident the arrest would have happened regardless of the kids background. After all, the majority of the school massacres are done by white kids.

Please. If a white kid had brought in the exact same device and said it was a clock, he would have been taken at face value. No bomb accusations, no cops, no arrest, no lawsuit.

If Santa Claus himself brought a device which looks like 'every single Hollywood movie bomb ever' to school he would get arrested.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2016, 03:37 bigspender

Quboid wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 17:32:
bigspender wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 16:27:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 15:39:
“Clock boy” Ahmed Mohamed sues Irving schools, police for wrongful arrest.

I feel this family baited the cops, and they totally fell for it. LOL.

A lot of people feel this way. I saw an analysis of it when it was big news, and it looks like it was a set up to get attention and money.

It also goes a long way to point out a double standard that's beginning to develop thanks to SJWs.

What would have happened if this was a kid with a western background? The public would just have called him an idiot for bringing something that looks exactly like a suitcase explosive to school. End of story.

But in a regressive leftist mind "these people" need protection, they don't know any better. They are special and need to be encouraged to simply perform to the baseline societal standard. It's disgusting that leftists think so little of anyone with a non western background that they treat them like delicate flowers. And if you don't agree you're immediately labeled a racist.

So a kid with a Western background just gets called an idiot. A kid with a Middle-Eastern background gets arrested.

Damn those people who think that equality for all people needs protecting. They're definitely the problem here.

(To be fair, it was an extremely dumb thing for anyone to do and a Western kid getting arrested wouldn't be impossible - but I think less likely.)

Sorry I didn't make it very clear. I meant to say that a white kid would have been arrested as well, except the public reaction wouldn't have been the same. They would have just called the kid an idiot, and we wouldn't hear about it again. But because he's not a white kid, we have a lot of people carrying on about injustice and racial profiling.

There's no way anyone without a background in electronics would be able to 100% determine whether this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5e/Ahmed_Mohamed_Clock_by_Irving_PD.jpg is or isn't a bomb. Calling the police was a smart move. The thing had a timer and was beeping and what not in the class.

And even if it's not many states have hoax bomb scare laws. So I'm fairly confident the arrest would have happened regardless of the kids background. After all, the majority of the school massacres are done by white kids.

It's the publics response I'm annoyed at really.

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 2016, 03:43.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2016, 16:34 bigspender

DangerDog wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 15:52:
People falling all over themselves to praise "clock boy" for "making a clock" was the most pathetic form of pandering I've yet to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1csa-IyJG-A

STFU "clock boy"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqJ8fMJVmh4

Jay gives us a tour of the Shotwell, designed by 17-year old Bob Shotwell in 1931 who once took it on a 150,000-mile road trip.

Now that guy was a prodigy genius.

Taking a plastic case off an alarm clock doesn't impress you? LOL. Me neither

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2016, 16:27 bigspender

jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 15:39:
“Clock boy” Ahmed Mohamed sues Irving schools, police for wrongful arrest.

I feel this family baited the cops, and they totally fell for it. LOL.

A lot of people feel this way. I saw an analysis of it when it was big news, and it looks like it was a set up to get attention and money.

It also goes a long way to point out a double standard that's beginning to develop thanks to SJWs.

What would have happened if this was a kid with a western background? The public would just have called him an idiot for bringing something that looks exactly like a suitcase explosive to school. End of story.

But in a regressive leftist mind "these people" need protection, they don't know any better. They are special and need to be encouraged to simply perform to the baseline societal standard. It's disgusting that leftists think so little of anyone with a non western background that they treat them like delicate flowers. And if you don't agree you're immediately labeled a racist.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Weapons Trailer
14. Re: Battlefield 1 Weapons Trailer Aug 7, 2016, 05:06 bigspender

Hump wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 18:46:
what could be better than beating some motherfucker to death with a spiked club?

Beating two motherfuckers to death with a spiked club? lol

News Comments > DOOM: Unto the Evil Released
9. Re: DOOM: Unto the Evil Released Aug 4, 2016, 22:38 bigspender

I just can't get over the Halo look.  

News Comments > Prey Trailers
5. Re: Prey Trailers Aug 4, 2016, 22:36 bigspender

runnerct32 wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 19:42:
sorry but the original Prey and the preview of Prey 2 look a lot better than this

Agreed. Prey 2 had something way more interesting.
https://youtu.be/jfHCZAK7p-s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPkHZfjK5z4

News Comments > Oculus Rift Room-Scale VR Coming
2. Re: Oculus Rift Room-Scale VR Coming Jul 26, 2016, 21:34 bigspender

VR has been coming so long I'm starting to think the developers are practicing tantra.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
3. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Jul 25, 2016, 20:29 bigspender

Imagine if movie trailers never showed any footage from the movie.... fark how about some gameplay footage please.  

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound
11. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound Jul 23, 2016, 22:56 bigspender

Omni wrote on Jul 23, 2016, 08:37:
It just feels kinda boring compared to Terraria.
Same with Crea a 'new' similar game to Terraria. Everything about Starbound / Crea is so lack luster and feels floaty as fuck.

Yeah, for a game where most of the gameplay consists of jumping, running, digging and fighting. They've done a terrible job at the core mechanics.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound
3. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound Jul 23, 2016, 01:46 bigspender

Frijoles wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 22:09:
I can't play the game. The interface is just terrible. I really want to enjoy it, but so many mouse clicks to do the simplest things. And a bunch of windows didn't have hotkeys. I'll try again though; maybe they changed it in the latest patch.

This. Everything in this game is tedious and annoying. I was really hoping for Terraria in space, but everything you can do makes me grind my teeth.

In Terraria the gameplay was a lot more organic, you wanted to explore, and find things etc. But in Starbound, it feels like a job :S

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
63. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 04:15 bigspender

jdreyer wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 01:00:
So, uh, Netflix, uh, is having a pretty good year. Eh?

That's it! You're banned from twitter too.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 19, 2016, 23:01 bigspender

oh common, this isn't a game, it's a really nice prototype for a control system, but it's not a finished game.  

1115 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo