Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 1173 (Pro)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2015, 02:27 bigspender

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 13:01:
BobBob wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 12:21:
All zoos, in every form, should be closed.

Most ignorant statement of the morning! Many zoos/sanctuaries are saving the lives of animals and/or keeping them from extinction, and letting people pay a few bucks to come look at them helps pay for the self-less work they do. Don't throw the baby out with the [abusive corporate profiteering] bathwater...

There is a massive difference between sanctuaries vs zoos. If it was up to me, I'd have sanctuaries were if you want to see the animals, you go and do a zoo keepers job for a day.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 6, 2015, 21:08 bigspender

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 20:43:
That whole pitch sounds way too good to be true. Caveat emptor.
There is no way that thing can have as much power as a quad SLI or crossfire system lol

It's another "me too" product.

1080p resolution screen. I wouldn't even touch this thing. I'd say you want 4k minimum after using the oculus rift dev kit #2.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
45. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 17:46 bigspender

Good to see that they keep their staff long term. I mean it's pretty obvious that they've used the same character animator since Morrowind who loves making rigid ass characters. ZING!  

73. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2015, 04:59 bigspender

Creston wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 21:40:
bigspender wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 18:55:
It's not the vegans you'll need to worry about, it'll be the health insurance companies - they will refuse to pay out for your hearth bypass surgery once they measure your cholesterol and figure out that despite overwhelming evidence you've decided to give yourself atherosclerosis.
Note that this study (at least as far as I can tell, I didn't read the whole thing)

That's probably part of the problem. But to save you some time, this isn't 1 study, this is a collection of thousands of studies and they all have the same conclusion.

Put the right fuel in your sports car otherwise it becomes a people mover

58. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 18:55 bigspender

Creston wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 13:21:
KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY BACON AND MEATS, YOU DAMNED VEGANS!!! Shakefist

I actually think this study was done by non vegan scientists and doctors who generally want people to live longer and higher quality lives because they didn't enjoy their watching their parent's die an easily preventable yet slow and sad death from stroke, dementia, cancer etc.

It's not the vegans you'll need to worry about, it'll be the health insurance companies - they will refuse to pay out for your hearth bypass surgery once they measure your cholesterol and figure out that despite overwhelming evidence you've decided to give yourself atherosclerosis.

The cancer portion of it works exactly like smoking. Each time you have a cigarette or a strip of bacon, you've rolled a 6 sided die. You land on a 6 and Congrats you've made some cancer cells! Lets hope your body is healthy enough to clean out those tiny cells before they are able to divide.

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
21. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 18:25 bigspender

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 16:00:
Well all that bitching about no content is why it's pushed back to June.

Want to buy a really fancy sports car from me? I've only got a few beta tyres from an 70s Ford, but they are just place holders. You'll still need to pay me the full price of course, but then after a few years once I've engineered the entire car you can drive it. Of course theres nothing stopping from enjoying the bald tyres right now, if you pay now.

Games are just like cars, and movies - if it's not finished it doesn't work. And more so it spoils the experience for when it is finished.

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
19. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 18:22 bigspender

Krovven wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 15:59:
Main thing working against them right now is the lack of gameplay. Yes, you can go from planet to planet naming things and collecting materials...it's all very cool. What else do you do? If that's all there is, that's not much.

+1

It's an impressive technical idea, but is there anything to do in the game other than look?

News Comments > Car as a Controller
1. Re: Car as a Controller Oct 23, 2015, 20:36 bigspender

Wouldn't it be better to make the car into a controller for driving games instead of a soccor game?  

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Video
15. Re: DOOM Alpha Video Oct 23, 2015, 02:43 bigspender

When is the doom Alpha video coming out? This looks like halo 5 on iD software engine  

News Comments > Styx: Shards of Darkness Announced
9. Re: Styx: Shards of Darkness Announced Oct 15, 2015, 02:05 bigspender

cool - another game that has some stupid aquarium tank shader applied to it.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2015, 18:20 bigspender

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 13:32:
'Manhandle that bitch!' from the Gastonia video.. LOL
From someone that has never been to the USA - that whole video looks to me like South Park has done a live action episode. lol

Why did the yokel filming take it so personally?

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2015, 18:46.

News Comments > Zombasite Trailer; Beta Nears
1. Re: Zombasite Trailer; Beta Nears Oct 7, 2015, 18:06 bigspender

Is this game really going to be 10 frames a second? Am I going to have to use my onboard graphics card or PC from 2003 to play this?  

News Comments > Umbrella Corps Trailer
1. Re: Umbrella Corps Trailer Oct 7, 2015, 18:04 bigspender

wow. that looks awful!  

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Trailer
6. Re: Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Trailer Oct 6, 2015, 02:46 bigspender

Well I thought it was a bit of a let down. There was nothing interesting about the combat.

It's basically just left 4 dead with a different skin, and that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if it was done better. I can't put my finger on it, but it was just lacking in fun.

News Comments > Paladins Trailer; Beta Signups
1. Re: Paladins Trailer; Beta Signups Sep 23, 2015, 17:06 bigspender

wow this looks amazingly shit, generic, boring, and done to death.  

News Comments > DCS Mirage M-2000C Preorders
1. Re: DCS Mirage M-2000C Preorders Sep 18, 2015, 17:58 bigspender

woah! That is a super nice cockpit.

Being a french plane, which pylons can I attach cheese to? It sounds like an ineffective weapon, but the enough cheese dropped onto the enemy and they will get type 2 diabetes and dementia.....:P

News Comments > DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases
9. Re: DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases Sep 12, 2015, 01:00 bigspender

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 20:37:
bigspender wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 18:42:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 17:10:
Pretty standard pricing if you look at the niche flight sim community. Just about every FSX add-on is $49.99 regardless of quality or content. It's the default price and often coupled with harsh DRM.

With DCS you can at least rest assured that the price will come down relatively quickly and that there will be regular sales (many FSX add-ons never go on sale or only once per year around Thanksgiving).

Generally speaking I wish they would make a lot more progress on DCS. Weren't we supposed to get a full-fledged WW2 theater of operations? The Mustang and BF-109/Fw-190 are nice but they really need to work on giving it all more purpose and a context.
Same for the modern jets, of course. Would be awesome to have e.g. a Persian gulf theater with carrier ops, fixed base ops from bases in Turkey and all that good realistic stuff...
Also, where are the real crowd favs like the entire F-xx series... or at least F-14 all the way to F-20? F-22 and F-35 are probably way too classified to create an accurate DCS-worthy model but everything between the Tomcat and the Tigershark should be doable, no?

Oh well. The waiting game continues...

That's all actually on the near horizon - between now and end of 2016 everything you have mentioned will be out - except the F-22, F-35 of course (classified).

The Eurofighter is also not far off - within the next 6 months I believe.

Hehe... people said the same thing back in 2013 with "just wait until the end of 2014" and so on. The F-18 was supposed to be "close" and "soon" a long time ago but is still nowhere to be seen. I know it's external teams making the planes (and other content) but none of them seem to be very good at actually getting stuff done in a timely fashion.

The trainer jets are nice I guess but c'mon what everyone really wants is the planes jdreyer mentioned like the F-16, F-18, maybe even a non-FC F-15 (as long as the F-22 is still classified), and then F-117 and B2 could be interesting as well but I'm not sure how classified those are.

It's all just such a waste of potential... with just one really interesting dynamic ops theater (e.g. Persian Gulf, Chinese/Korean Sea) and at least one popular jet (with trademark DCS depth) on either side, e.g. F-18 vs. Su-27, this sim would probably be much, much more popular... mo'popularity => mo'money => mo'staff => mo'releases in a timely fashion => profit$$$ and happy devs & players.

For sure, it's been carrying on for a long long time, and I've lost hope many times along the way. But I honestly believe 2016 will be a big year!

6. Re: DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases Sep 11, 2015, 18:43 bigspender

DangerDog wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 13:50:
$50 for a map, flight sims are niche markets but that's too rich for my blood.

Now if it had destruction modeling and you could drop bombs on Las Vegas that would be fun.

It seems like a lot, but you have to consider that a map in DCS is not like a map in say an FPS. It's more like a whole expansion pack.

5. Re: DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases Sep 11, 2015, 18:42 bigspender

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 17:10:
Pretty standard pricing if you look at the niche flight sim community. Just about every FSX add-on is $49.99 regardless of quality or content. It's the default price and often coupled with harsh DRM.

With DCS you can at least rest assured that the price will come down relatively quickly and that there will be regular sales (many FSX add-ons never go on sale or only once per year around Thanksgiving).

Generally speaking I wish they would make a lot more progress on DCS. Weren't we supposed to get a full-fledged WW2 theater of operations? The Mustang and BF-109/Fw-190 are nice but they really need to work on giving it all more purpose and a context.
Same for the modern jets, of course. Would be awesome to have e.g. a Persian gulf theater with carrier ops, fixed base ops from bases in Turkey and all that good realistic stuff...
Also, where are the real crowd favs like the entire F-xx series... or at least F-14 all the way to F-20? F-22 and F-35 are probably way too classified to create an accurate DCS-worthy model but everything between the Tomcat and the Tigershark should be doable, no?

Oh well. The waiting game continues...

That's all actually on the near horizon - between now and end of 2016 everything you have mentioned will be out - except the F-22, F-35 of course (classified).

The Eurofighter is also not far off - within the next 6 months I believe.

News Comments > DOOM SnapMap Trailer
4. Re: DOOM SnapMap Trailer Sep 4, 2015, 19:42 bigspender

Anyone know if they used snap map to create the actual single player campaign? That will probably be a good indicator of capabilities of snap map.  

1173 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo