Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 1121 (Pro)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 40-Player Battle Shown
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Nov 30, 2015, 20:58 bigspender

NotOneOfUs wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 20:11:
Forty players, eh? Keep it up, and we might reach 1998!

LOL for sure.

I'm pretty sure that planet side has 48 players in a single squad hahah

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 28, 2015, 19:18 bigspender

I'm not sure I see the big deal in this. I'm driving the car out in public after all, if somebody followed me and made notes I'd think it's weird, but I couldn't care less otherwise.

I wouldn't want it to be recording my conversations or recording me while I pick my nose at the traffic lights, but other than that, why are people so opposed to it? (genuine curious)

News Comments > Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans
10. Re: Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans Nov 27, 2015, 17:49 bigspender

Linthat22 wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 17:22:
Oh man, Killzone controlled by mouse and keyboard..... Hard on is erected.

Exactly! If out lets you use a mouse for fps games that would be cool

News Comments > System Shock Remake Screenshots
14. Re: System Shock Remake Screenshots Nov 26, 2015, 19:31 bigspender

This is great, I could never bring myself to play the first system shock because it was so ugly and clunky.

I would totally buy this.

Hell I'll by all my friends a copy if they make it coop too.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2015, 19:51 bigspender

antibiotic resistant bacteria - another gift from the meat and dairy industry.  

News Comments > System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible
33. Re: System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible Nov 12, 2015, 16:48 bigspender

Task wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 16:08:
Also, if SS3 really becomes a reality, I truly hope they find the correct dev/publisher group to handle it to ensure the core mechanics stay.

Please let it be none of these

• ZeniMax/Bethseda (will turn it into a watered down, open-world explore a spaceship game with buggy Gamebryo and Dialog Wheel, and hope the mods will fix it)

• Gearbox (will take the IP and do nothing with it, and instead contract it to some chuckleheads while actually working on Borderlands 3)

• Microsoft Studios (turn System Shock into F2P, a console game, or just do nothing...forever)

• EA/DICE (turn into a linear action game, while trimming down on lots of features + potential season pass material)

• Bioware ("reimagine" System Shock 3 with modern bioware-RPG mechanics, a color coded ended, potential MMO-style quests, and plenty of romance encounters including Shodan)

• Am I missing any? Sorry, had to do it.

+No Bioshock Disney graphics please.
    +No regenerating health (unless it's an ability)

30. Re: System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible Nov 12, 2015, 16:45 bigspender

SlimRam wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 15:54:
    SS2 was one of the first (and few) games that actually scared me a little. I always played it in the dark and the voices directly behind me, with headphones on, freaked my shit...I LOVED IT!

Agreed! The "Join US!!" being said in a weird detuned voice from the parasited zombies. And then the "I'm sorry..." occassionaly as they realise they aren't in control of their own bodies.

creep as! That game made me sweat and raised my heart rate that's for sure. And it wasn't done it a cheap way. There was just a general sense of dread and hopelessness.

29. Re: System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible Nov 12, 2015, 16:42 bigspender

Please make it co-op pleeeeeeeeeeeease  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2015, 02:27 bigspender

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 13:01:
    BobBob wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 12:21:
    All zoos, in every form, should be closed.

Most ignorant statement of the morning! Many zoos/sanctuaries are saving the lives of animals and/or keeping them from extinction, and letting people pay a few bucks to come look at them helps pay for the self-less work they do. Don't throw the baby out with the [abusive corporate profiteering] bathwater...

There is a massive difference between sanctuaries vs zoos. If it was up to me, I'd have sanctuaries were if you want to see the animals, you go and do a zoo keepers job for a day.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
    2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 6, 2015, 21:08 bigspender

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 20:43:
    That whole pitch sounds way too good to be true. Caveat emptor.
    There is no way that thing can have as much power as a quad SLI or crossfire system lol

It's another "me too" product.

1080p resolution screen. I wouldn't even touch this thing. I'd say you want 4k minimum after using the oculus rift dev kit #2.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
    45. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 17:46 bigspender

Good to see that they keep their staff long term. I mean it's pretty obvious that they've used the same character animator since Morrowind who loves making rigid ass characters. ZING!  

73. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2015, 04:59 bigspender

Creston wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 21:40:
    bigspender wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 18:55:
    It's not the vegans you'll need to worry about, it'll be the health insurance companies - they will refuse to pay out for your hearth bypass surgery once they measure your cholesterol and figure out that despite overwhelming evidence you've decided to give yourself atherosclerosis.
    Note that this study (at least as far as I can tell, I didn't read the whole thing)

That's probably part of the problem. But to save you some time, this isn't 1 study, this is a collection of thousands of studies and they all have the same conclusion.

Put the right fuel in your sports car otherwise it becomes a people mover

58. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 18:55 bigspender

Creston wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 13:21:
    KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY BACON AND MEATS, YOU DAMNED VEGANS!!! Shakefist

I actually think this study was done by non vegan scientists and doctors who generally want people to live longer and higher quality lives because they didn't enjoy their watching their parent's die an easily preventable yet slow and sad death from stroke, dementia, cancer etc.

It's not the vegans you'll need to worry about, it'll be the health insurance companies - they will refuse to pay out for your hearth bypass surgery once they measure your cholesterol and figure out that despite overwhelming evidence you've decided to give yourself atherosclerosis.

The cancer portion of it works exactly like smoking. Each time you have a cigarette or a strip of bacon, you've rolled a 6 sided die. You land on a 6 and Congrats you've made some cancer cells! Lets hope your body is healthy enough to clean out those tiny cells before they are able to divide.

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
    21. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 18:25 bigspender

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 16:00:
    Well all that bitching about no content is why it's pushed back to June.

Want to buy a really fancy sports car from me? I've only got a few beta tyres from an 70s Ford, but they are just place holders. You'll still need to pay me the full price of course, but then after a few years once I've engineered the entire car you can drive it. Of course theres nothing stopping from enjoying the bald tyres right now, if you pay now.

Games are just like cars, and movies - if it's not finished it doesn't work. And more so it spoils the experience for when it is finished.

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
    19. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 18:22 bigspender

Krovven wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 15:59:
    Main thing working against them right now is the lack of gameplay. Yes, you can go from planet to planet naming things and collecting materials...it's all very cool. What else do you do? If that's all there is, that's not much.

+1

It's an impressive technical idea, but is there anything to do in the game other than look?

News Comments > Car as a Controller
    1. Re: Car as a Controller Oct 23, 2015, 20:36 bigspender

Wouldn't it be better to make the car into a controller for driving games instead of a soccor game?  

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Video
    15. Re: DOOM Alpha Video Oct 23, 2015, 02:43 bigspender

When is the doom Alpha video coming out? This looks like halo 5 on iD software engine  

News Comments > Styx: Shards of Darkness Announced
    9. Re: Styx: Shards of Darkness Announced Oct 15, 2015, 02:05 bigspender

cool - another game that has some stupid aquarium tank shader applied to it.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2015, 18:20 bigspender

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 13:32:
    'Manhandle that bitch!' from the Gastonia video.. LOL
    From someone that has never been to the USA - that whole video looks to me like South Park has done a live action episode. lol

Why did the yokel filming take it so personally?

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2015, 18:46.

News Comments > Zombasite Trailer; Beta Nears
    1. Re: Zombasite Trailer; Beta Nears Oct 7, 2015, 18:06 bigspender

Is this game really going to be 10 frames a second? Am I going to have to use my onboard graphics card or PC from 2003 to play this?  

1121 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 15.
    < Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo