Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 1173 (Pro)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Souls III Pre-purchases
2. Re: Dark Souls III Pre-purchases Feb 22, 2016, 23:08 bigspender

Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 21:56:
Already scheduled release day off. Can hardly wait.

I'm looking for to it too

News Comments > The Division Beta Claims Record
7. Re: The Division Beta Claims Record Feb 22, 2016, 22:21 bigspender

I love setting, the graphics, the shooting felt pretty good too. But it was just soooooooooooooooooo boring after I did the first two missions.  

News Comments > HTC Vive in April for $799
36. Re: HTC Vive in April for $799 Feb 21, 2016, 17:45 bigspender

Squirmer wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 17:37:
A killer app still isn't a guarantee that VR will be "the future". Nintendo had a killer app with Wii Sports, and nowadays they can't shift a console. No one cares about motion controls anymore, as Microsoft discovered very quickly. And yet VR tech is trying to bring it back.

The problem with VR is that once you get past the cool factor of looking around a virtual world, you realize you can't really do much of anything. Turning your head to look around a virtual world is cool, but why make the effort to turn your entire head when you could just move your mouse a few millimeters? Motion controls had the same problem. Cool for a bit, but it's a very limited control scheme.

VR has fad written all over it.

You haven't tried one of these new VR headset have you?

35. Re: HTC Vive in April for $799 Feb 21, 2016, 17:42 bigspender

I wonder what some old games like Virtua Cop would be like in VR.  

32. Re: HTC Vive in April for $799 Feb 21, 2016, 17:34 bigspender

Kxmode wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 17:30:
McTurbo wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 17:13:
Some of you have forgotten or were not around when 3DFX launched.. an entire industry exists and todays console and pc market owes its current existance to one decision. .to launch the 3DFX card on the popularity of one game.. quake 1.. the jump from software to 3d graphics simply shocked people with how good it was.. so until we have all experianced an oculus or vive and seen VR for ourselves.. all you are doing is spouting your ignorance and claiming it as fact.

Precisely. What you're describing is a killer app. For the CD-ROM it was Myst. For the PlayStation is was Final Fantasy 7. VR in general needs a killer app.

Bingo!

All I've seen so far is job simulators and experiences. I don't think that's enough for an $800 item.
There are always flight sims like DCS: World which look fantastic even in the old Oculus DK2. But a lot of these are quite niche products because people don't have the patience to learn how to fly a plane (not to mention buy all of the joysticks and things too).

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 19, 2016, 04:59 bigspender

This guy is so damn stupid I bet he doesn't even know which way West is on a compass....  

News Comments > Black Desert Online Closed Beta Tomorrow
10. Re: Black Desert Online Closed Beta Tomorrow Feb 18, 2016, 18:36 bigspender

also here is another key that my friend didn't use: A73C-3B47-95D4-4D76-A62A  

News Comments > Black Desert Online Closed Beta Tomorrow
9. Re: Black Desert Online Closed Beta Tomorrow Feb 18, 2016, 18:36 bigspender

well if anyone wants to try it, I'm done with it, not my kind of game

let me know and I'll PM you my account details if you want to try it

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2016, 18:43.

News Comments > OVERLOAD Multiplayer Plans
2. Re: OVERLOAD Multiplayer Plans Feb 16, 2016, 15:28 bigspender

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2016, 15:07 bigspender

Creston wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 10:39:
Last earthquake in OK (over the weekend) was a 5.0. They keep going up in severity too...

I actually lol'd at the news article because there are only two pictures, one is of a richter scale graph and the other is a photo of a fat woman, and my brain automatically joined the dots....

News Comments > Descent-Inspired OVERLOAD Kickstarter
6. Re: Descent-Inspired OVERLOAD Kickstarter Feb 10, 2016, 17:04 bigspender

I just want Co-op, and I'm in.

Descent Underground is multiplayer only I think.

There is something about Overload that definitely looks and feel right to me, compared to the other Descent inspired games.

News Comments > DOOM in May
50. Re: DOOM in May Feb 5, 2016, 04:28 bigspender

Demons should be more goat like. The hell knight's legs are human like, it looks wrong.  

News Comments > DOOM in May
46. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 23:48 bigspender

Looks like a doom game so far. But it needs less halo, and more satanic shit.

The original doom had a raw grittiness to it, where this looks a little bit to shiny and it's bordering onto halo with gore, but it does come close to a HD 3D doom reboot from what they've shown.

News Comments > Dark Souls 3 Footage
1. Re: Dark Souls 3 Footage Feb 4, 2016, 15:08 bigspender

Looks like they've taken some queues from Bloodborn and made DS3 a little bit faster.

It also looks like the bows might be useful for actual combat this time around.

News Comments > Metal Gear Online DLC Plans
1. Re: Metal Gear Online DLC Plans Jan 30, 2016, 16:29 bigspender

why bother, the multiplayer is completely broken from a gameplay perspective. It's like a looney tunes cartoon because everyone is OP. There is nothing tactical about it like in the single player game.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is a Shooter
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is a Shooter Jan 27, 2016, 04:01 bigspender

Jyve wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 01:02:
Shame they can't just take Planetside 2 and change the models a bit.

YES!
It's the perfect universe for a Planetside scale game.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2016, 03:19 bigspender

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 11:47:
Blade Runner squeal? Please keep George Lucas and JJ Abhrams away from it please (like 3 continents away).

Staring: Ryan Gosling. It's ruined. That guy doesn't look like he could velcro up a pair of shoes, let alone catch a cyborg.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Beta This Week
4. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Beta This Week Jan 27, 2016, 03:13 bigspender

Wait, they want me to test their game for them, and also pay for it after release?
Not even a 1/2 price copy for my hard work?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap
11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 26, 2016, 23:50 bigspender

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 20:11:
Wake me up when EA looses the Star Wars License and someone makes a REAL Battlefront game.
This.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2016, 02:09 bigspender

BobBob wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 23:23:
At the rtsk of outing myself as a complete nerd, isn't that signature quote actually Deanna Troi convincing Mark Twain - as they both strolled along a corridor to a turbolift - that the future isn't so grim? The episode where they go back in time to stop the life-source-stealing aliens? Am I wrong?

Nerd? nah I'm the one with the signature haha

I think Deanna says something similar to Twain. But this quote is from the First Contact movie.

EDIT:(which is terrible compared to how good the Next Generation is).

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2016, 02:15.

1173 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo