Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 1061 (Pro)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Umbrella Corps Trailer
1. Re: Umbrella Corps Trailer Oct 7, 2015, 18:04 bigspender

wow. that looks awful!  

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Trailer
6. Re: Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Trailer Oct 6, 2015, 02:46 bigspender

Well I thought it was a bit of a let down. There was nothing interesting about the combat.

It's basically just left 4 dead with a different skin, and that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if it was done better. I can't put my finger on it, but it was just lacking in fun.

News Comments > Paladins Trailer; Beta Signups
1. Re: Paladins Trailer; Beta Signups Sep 23, 2015, 17:06 bigspender

wow this looks amazingly shit, generic, boring, and done to death.  

News Comments > DCS Mirage M-2000C Preorders
1. Re: DCS Mirage M-2000C Preorders Sep 18, 2015, 17:58 bigspender

woah! That is a super nice cockpit.

Being a french plane, which pylons can I attach cheese to? It sounds like an ineffective weapon, but the enough cheese dropped onto the enemy and they will get type 2 diabetes and dementia.....:P

News Comments > DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases
9. Re: DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases Sep 12, 2015, 01:00 bigspender

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 20:37:
bigspender wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 18:42:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 17:10:
Pretty standard pricing if you look at the niche flight sim community. Just about every FSX add-on is $49.99 regardless of quality or content. It's the default price and often coupled with harsh DRM.

With DCS you can at least rest assured that the price will come down relatively quickly and that there will be regular sales (many FSX add-ons never go on sale or only once per year around Thanksgiving).

Generally speaking I wish they would make a lot more progress on DCS. Weren't we supposed to get a full-fledged WW2 theater of operations? The Mustang and BF-109/Fw-190 are nice but they really need to work on giving it all more purpose and a context.
Same for the modern jets, of course. Would be awesome to have e.g. a Persian gulf theater with carrier ops, fixed base ops from bases in Turkey and all that good realistic stuff...
Also, where are the real crowd favs like the entire F-xx series... or at least F-14 all the way to F-20? F-22 and F-35 are probably way too classified to create an accurate DCS-worthy model but everything between the Tomcat and the Tigershark should be doable, no?

Oh well. The waiting game continues...

That's all actually on the near horizon - between now and end of 2016 everything you have mentioned will be out - except the F-22, F-35 of course (classified).

The Eurofighter is also not far off - within the next 6 months I believe.

Hehe... people said the same thing back in 2013 with "just wait until the end of 2014" and so on. The F-18 was supposed to be "close" and "soon" a long time ago but is still nowhere to be seen. I know it's external teams making the planes (and other content) but none of them seem to be very good at actually getting stuff done in a timely fashion.

The trainer jets are nice I guess but c'mon what everyone really wants is the planes jdreyer mentioned like the F-16, F-18, maybe even a non-FC F-15 (as long as the F-22 is still classified), and then F-117 and B2 could be interesting as well but I'm not sure how classified those are.

It's all just such a waste of potential... with just one really interesting dynamic ops theater (e.g. Persian Gulf, Chinese/Korean Sea) and at least one popular jet (with trademark DCS depth) on either side, e.g. F-18 vs. Su-27, this sim would probably be much, much more popular... mo'popularity => mo'money => mo'staff => mo'releases in a timely fashion => profit$$$ and happy devs & players.

For sure, it's been carrying on for a long long time, and I've lost hope many times along the way. But I honestly believe 2016 will be a big year!

6. Re: DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases Sep 11, 2015, 18:43 bigspender

DangerDog wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 13:50:
$50 for a map, flight sims are niche markets but that's too rich for my blood.

Now if it had destruction modeling and you could drop bombs on Las Vegas that would be fun.

It seems like a lot, but you have to consider that a map in DCS is not like a map in say an FPS. It's more like a whole expansion pack.

5. Re: DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases Sep 11, 2015, 18:42 bigspender

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 17:10:
Pretty standard pricing if you look at the niche flight sim community. Just about every FSX add-on is $49.99 regardless of quality or content. It's the default price and often coupled with harsh DRM.

With DCS you can at least rest assured that the price will come down relatively quickly and that there will be regular sales (many FSX add-ons never go on sale or only once per year around Thanksgiving).

Generally speaking I wish they would make a lot more progress on DCS. Weren't we supposed to get a full-fledged WW2 theater of operations? The Mustang and BF-109/Fw-190 are nice but they really need to work on giving it all more purpose and a context.
Same for the modern jets, of course. Would be awesome to have e.g. a Persian gulf theater with carrier ops, fixed base ops from bases in Turkey and all that good realistic stuff...
Also, where are the real crowd favs like the entire F-xx series... or at least F-14 all the way to F-20? F-22 and F-35 are probably way too classified to create an accurate DCS-worthy model but everything between the Tomcat and the Tigershark should be doable, no?

Oh well. The waiting game continues...

That's all actually on the near horizon - between now and end of 2016 everything you have mentioned will be out - except the F-22, F-35 of course (classified).

The Eurofighter is also not far off - within the next 6 months I believe.

News Comments > DOOM SnapMap Trailer
4. Re: DOOM SnapMap Trailer Sep 4, 2015, 19:42 bigspender

Anyone know if they used snap map to create the actual single player campaign? That will probably be a good indicator of capabilities of snap map.  

News Comments > LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer
6. Re: LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer Aug 28, 2015, 18:43 bigspender

Is it called Law Breakers because it infringes on copy right of Unreal Tournament and Overwatch?

Looks like a high quality game, but completely boring.

News Comments > SOMA Preorders
7. Re: SOMA Preorders Aug 25, 2015, 03:31 bigspender

This looks great. The atmosphere is just right. It doesn't look frustrating like some of the previous games.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2015, 19:53 bigspender

jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 13:33:
Science: How to Slice Steak.

I hope they do Science: How to Slice Tofu, for all of those vegetarians out there.

They probably won't because no matter which way you slice tofu it won't give you cancer like red meat does

It also doesn't matter if you under cook it, because tofu doesn't contain any parasites such as tape worm which are waaaaaaaay more common that anyone would ever admit. Especially the kind that lay golf ball style egg sacks in your brain.

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2015, 20:01.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Spectator Cam
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Spectator Cam Aug 6, 2015, 00:03 bigspender

Wow basic staples are now features? Imagine if car adverts. specifically told you a 2015 car had door handles.  

News Comments > SUPERHOT Beta
7. Re: SUPERHOT Beta Aug 1, 2015, 20:10 bigspender

hmmm how come this looks worse than the alpha? The animations look worse and the transition between fast and slow is really rigid now.

Is gearbox producing this one? lol

3. Re: Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Trailer Jul 30, 2015, 01:23 bigspender

Looks a lot like left 4 dead with rats to me, which isn't a bad thing at all.  

News Comments > New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast
10. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 26, 2015, 16:26 bigspender

well as long as COOP is moddable into the game I will settle for Doom 4 Open Coop or LMS  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 24, 2015, 19:08 bigspender

I hope someone punches this cocaine fiend in the dick.

If this asshat can't tell the difference between the E3 aliens colonial marines, and turd aliens colonial marines that they released, then he needs to stop making games.

News Comments > Bombshell Trailer
14. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 19:04 bigspender

The lighting on the levels is terrible.
The animations are awful.
The sound fx don't suit the actions.
The the 3d models are very basic.
The GUI looks really cheap and nasty.
The voice acting LOL wtf bbq.
The Gameplay looks meh.
Over all very childish. (I probably would have loved this when I was 10 or 12).
The music wasn't bad though

7. Re: Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Trailer Jul 23, 2015, 02:44 bigspender

This actually looks fun.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
12. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 21, 2015, 21:59 bigspender

dat FoV of 50 or 60 just ruins this. or is it a design choice to make it feel like you have binoculars super-glued to your face?  

News Comments > Mooncrest Announced
1. Re: Mooncrest Announced Jul 21, 2015, 21:57 bigspender

All talk and one concept art..... see you in 5 years.  

1061 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo