Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 1081 (Pro)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 27, 2015, 21:21 bigspender

Jerykk wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 16:58:
People are stupid. It doesn't matter if video is captured at 60 FPS if the game itself is running at 30.

LOL yeah, it's bit like all of those people on youtube reviewing speakers, and showing you the sound quality via their phone/webcam....

Genius

Also: Brutal Doom v20b looks amazing. They should really just put that inside the Doom 4 packaging instead.

News Comments > Christmas Safety Dance
1. Re: Christmas Safety Dance Dec 25, 2015, 17:54 bigspender

Just incase you want to do your tax while away from Australia? Lol  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 24, 2015, 01:39 bigspender

Just amazing. You'd think after the I dunno, 100th thing launched into space they would have decided to make some kind of international law to say that you must have a plan to remove space debris for everything you launch. At the very least after the cold war.

Sure it would to the cost of something already expensive as hell, but unless someone has a very clever way of dealing with space junk, I'd imagine it would have been a lot cheaper.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Improves Hit Detection
5. Re: Natural Selection 2 Improves Hit Detection Dec 23, 2015, 22:40 bigspender

Now they just need to invent a time machine so they can have hit detection fixed when it needed to be fixed in 2010....  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 23, 2015, 17:15 bigspender

Zor wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 13:27:
"Transparent aluminum!?"

I guess Scotty must have shown them how to do that?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 21:16 bigspender

"Woman Knocks Out Man With Single Punch After He Pinches Her Butt."

She'll probably get stoned to death going by the looks of that country....

61. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 20:31 bigspender

Kxmode wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 16:25:
You're probably right but I don't think Disney should dumb down the movie. Most people are intelligent.

LOL maybe in a galaxy far far away.... but not in this solar system.

The mean IQ globally is 89... which is not good, and it's predicted to drop to 86 which some consider borderline mental retardation.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2015, 20:38.

48. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 00:39 bigspender

The whole movie felt very rushed, going from scene to scene to fit as much reboot and backstory in as possible. I'm pretty sure there was a cut to another scene during a lightsaber battle :S

Kind of like the first Lord of Rings movie, where are introducing a new character by their full name every few minutes. There is just too much of everything.

It suffers from way to much convenient events to tie things together instead of having good reasons.

The little BB droid also had the most charisma, out of all of the actors I cared the most about it, I didn't want it to get lost or mistreated.

What they really should have done was something a bit more simple, focused on one or two characters in a fairly simple and interesting story instead of squeezing an epic adventure, backstory, and setting up another one.

They would have been better off doing a really focused and detailed character driven movie. Perhaps a survival story of all of the Jedi's being hunted down in order 66. And the movie could have been about 1 Jedi trying to survive, hide, and of course fight. Perhaps even dying at the end.

But no, we have a glossy covers band repeat the better bits from the previous movies into an unoriginal star wars medley. And infact I have a feeling like many movies today, the script was written by a computer, or at the very least a spreadsheet with data containing the highest rated moments from previous 6 movies. It's all there, but it's simply going through the motions.

EDIT: Also
Where are all of the old people in space? Apart from the 3 people from the originals, everyone is under 25...Is that a Disney thing?
The whole thing felt like high budget cosplay to me, instead of genuine movie.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2015, 01:53.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 19, 2015, 19:12 bigspender

Well I feel safer hearing that....  

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
55. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 18:35 bigspender

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 10:31:
I've been cynical on this game in the past and I'm big enough to admit this is sexy as hell. Amazing atmosphere rendering, love the planetary glow from orbit view.

Agreed. This is the first thing I've seen from RSI that has stunned me.

EDIT: The main challenge of Star Citizen will of course be filling the entire universe with interesting things to do. Most open world and procedurally generated world games have only a few game mechanics to play with. There might be a near infinite amount of slightly different circumstances to use the few mechanics in, and there are often mechanics that build up the base mechanics in order to make it more involved, but after a while it becomes clear that you are really just doing the same thing over and over, and it you always find the most efficient way of doing it, and it becomes routine.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2015, 18:44.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month
18. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month Dec 16, 2015, 21:47 bigspender

The whole tactical view mode seems completely redundant to me....  

News Comments > Dying Light The Following Story Trailer
3. Re: Dying Light The Following Story Trailer Dec 16, 2015, 18:05 bigspender

I really would have preferred Hellraid to this...

News Comments > The Climb Announced
27. Re: The Climb Announced Dec 15, 2015, 21:22 bigspender

DangerDog wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 17:05:
Needs more people throwing potted plants onto your head.

LOL - picturing 16 vs 16 players hanging off cliffs and throwing pot plants at each other

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2015, 21:31.

News Comments > The Climb Announced
26. Re: The Climb Announced Dec 15, 2015, 21:16 bigspender

MindStalker3 wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 10:25:
As a climber I'm kinda offended that this doesn't seem to use your feet at all. Feet are arguably more important than hands in climbing. I know it would be very difficult to make a good foot interface though. I could picture this game actually being interesting if it had real challenging routes in which you use your feet and hands. Climbing is puzzle solving, and there are nearly infinite combinations possible. Such a game could actually be a decent trainer for new situations.

What about if some rock climbing centers map out their artificial rock obstacles, and then match that with a 3D rendered world like in the this teaser. You pop on your VR helmet, position sensors on your feet and hands.

Now when you climb at your local climbing center, you wouldn't be climbing in a warehouse, you'd be at the top of a mountain

The best part would be that you still use your hands and feet to feel out the real world, while you see that object completely differently (although same shape and position) in the virtual world. It would be immersion level 100.

Well I would pay to experience that, and a fun way to get some exercise

EDIT: Looks like someone is onto it already, but it's far from commercial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnGIz9kkd_E

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2015, 21:29.

17. Re: Into the Black Dec 15, 2015, 02:43 bigspender

InBlack wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 02:23:
where is the Trek of old that dealt with human issues and with the human spirit, with the infinite reaches and wonders of space and with the mystery of the unknown. That is what Trek should be about, not this Michael Bay bullshit...Fuck you Abrams, fuck you very much.

That pretty much sums up Star Trek

2. Re: Into the Black Dec 14, 2015, 18:46 bigspender

The Trekked and the Furious.

My favorite part of the trailer is when Captain Picard (Vin Diesel) recites his activities into the log computer. "Captains log, today we put unnecessary illumination around the Enterprise to make it look ghetto and drag raced a Cardassian frigate using only impulse propulsion. *indistinguishable deep voice cool talk mutter*. End of log.

EDIT: looks like someone else has beat me to the punch http://www.neonbubble.com/neonimg/1/tng-picard.jpg LOL

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2015, 18:53.

News Comments > Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage
48. Re: Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage Dec 11, 2015, 17:35 bigspender

Damn! that dirt and those rock textures look incredibly real even at 1080p.

It's a shame that the game is really shallow and boring, with almost non functional vehicles.

News Comments > Dying Light DrinkForDLC Details
1. Re: Dying Light DrinkForDLC Details Dec 10, 2015, 23:06 bigspender

You have to tell people to drink water? Surely that's just part of natural selection  

News Comments > Eagle Flight Announced
2. Re: Eagle Flight Announced Dec 6, 2015, 17:18 bigspender

sigh VR is going to be the new nintendo wii.

on rails and quick time events galore....

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 3, 2015, 19:28 bigspender

I actually think the problem is that their lifecycle is too short. There is hardly any reason to not use a phone that is 3 to 5 years old for a lot of people.

Apart from browser speed and perhaps a better camera what can an S6 do that a galaxy S1 or 2 can't do?

1081 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo