Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 1082 (Pro)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Prey Trailers
5. Re: Prey Trailers Aug 4, 2016, 22:36 bigspender

runnerct32 wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 19:42:
sorry but the original Prey and the preview of Prey 2 look a lot better than this

Agreed. Prey 2 had something way more interesting.
https://youtu.be/jfHCZAK7p-s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPkHZfjK5z4

News Comments > Oculus Rift Room-Scale VR Coming
2. Re: Oculus Rift Room-Scale VR Coming Jul 26, 2016, 21:34 bigspender

VR has been coming so long I'm starting to think the developers are practicing tantra.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
3. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Jul 25, 2016, 20:29 bigspender

Imagine if movie trailers never showed any footage from the movie.... fark how about some gameplay footage please.  

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound
11. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound Jul 23, 2016, 22:56 bigspender

Omni wrote on Jul 23, 2016, 08:37:
It just feels kinda boring compared to Terraria.
Same with Crea a 'new' similar game to Terraria. Everything about Starbound / Crea is so lack luster and feels floaty as fuck.

Yeah, for a game where most of the gameplay consists of jumping, running, digging and fighting. They've done a terrible job at the core mechanics.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound
3. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound Jul 23, 2016, 01:46 bigspender

Frijoles wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 22:09:
I can't play the game. The interface is just terrible. I really want to enjoy it, but so many mouse clicks to do the simplest things. And a bunch of windows didn't have hotkeys. I'll try again though; maybe they changed it in the latest patch.

This. Everything in this game is tedious and annoying. I was really hoping for Terraria in space, but everything you can do makes me grind my teeth.

In Terraria the gameplay was a lot more organic, you wanted to explore, and find things etc. But in Starbound, it feels like a job :S

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
63. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 04:15 bigspender

jdreyer wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 01:00:
So, uh, Netflix, uh, is having a pretty good year. Eh?

That's it! You're banned from twitter too.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 19, 2016, 23:01 bigspender

oh common, this isn't a game, it's a really nice prototype for a control system, but it's not a finished game.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jul 17, 2016, 17:30 bigspender

Saboth wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 14:39:
Land of the free, home of the brave. Everyone's so terrified that someone parked in a public street talking in their car is cause to
run out and threaten them with a gun. The guy said the kids tried to run him over.
1. If true, I think they have a right since they were being threatened with a gun.
2. If not true, then he simply ran out and started shooting at people on the street because he was afraid.

Sounds like the gun owner was looking for an excuse to use his gun or to be a hero/tough guy.

Surely using something lethal like a gun for protection, can only be done so when a life is in danger?

Even if adults were stealing everything in his home, he doesn't have the right to kill them if his life is not in danger or at risk of any injury right? Although I guess it seems like in the US it's gotten to the point where you want to shoot first since everyone has guns. What a debacle.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Rogue One & Darth Vader VR Game Revealed
14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Rogue One & Darth Vader VR Game Revealed Jul 17, 2016, 17:02 bigspender

I wonder if this has a hidden dancing game which is more fleshed out than the real game.....lol  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Air Combat Video
8. Re: Battlefield 1 Air Combat Video Jul 6, 2016, 20:18 bigspender

Battlefield 3 was the one burned me out, I barely played it. But this is looking quite fun and has a tiny bit of that wacky fun to it that the original 1942 had.

The others seems to have taken themselves a bit too seriously, but this looks fun.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2016, 17:32 bigspender

Eat Your Broccoli: Phenolic Compounds Found In Cruciferous Vegetables Are About To Get A Lot Healthier.

Don't put any oil on your veges like the article suggests. It completely negates the health factor.

Putting olive oil all over your veges is the equivalent of smoking cigarettes to increase the nicotine content in capsicums/peppers.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer
6. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 25, 2016, 20:25 bigspender

Not very good footage, but the game looks super fun.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Updates Video
6. Re: Natural Selection 2 Updates Video Jun 25, 2016, 20:21 bigspender

Does anyone play it though? A year ago NS2 barely had one full server in my region :S

News Comments > System Shock Remaster Becomes a Reboot
5. Re: System Shock Remaster Becomes a Reboot Jun 24, 2016, 20:18 bigspender

I guess the demo will tell us what we're in for. It could be either a good or bad decision at this stage. It'll be all in the execution.  

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement
6. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 13, 2016, 22:03 bigspender

Great idea, but this just looks terrible.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2016, 19:06 bigspender

I thought it was funny how there is a grossness warning on that poor dog, because that's pretty much what most factory farmed food looks like.....

Glad Professor is feeling better though

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2016, 01:29 bigspender

crypto wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 20:57:
Larger Wine Glasses May Increase Alcohol Consumption Without You Realizing.

I needed to increase my alcohol consumption so I bought larger wine glasses, but it is very possible that I have not realised the increase yet.

I hope it's red wine. It's the only one that has enough anti-oxidants to some what offset the carcinogenic effects of alcohol

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 5, 2016, 21:04 bigspender

Steam machines - being released around the same time as their own Vive VR HMD, and the steam machines aren't powerful enough to support it.

DEEEEEEEEEERP.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 1, 2016, 23:06 bigspender

I'll never understand overclocking. At best it's 20% increase in performance. Going from 30 FPS 36 FPS. It's still crappy frame rate.

And on the high end of the scale getting 130FPS vs 150FPS. meh 130 is plenty.

I guess if you are struggling to maintain a consistant 60fps and overclocking guarantees you that you're always over 60, then I suppose it might be worthwhile.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2016, 18:19 bigspender

Mr. Tact wrote on May 30, 2016, 14:33:
It will take thousands of years to eliminate religion, at a minimum -- it might not be possible at all. Zoos however, will probably be gone in a couple of generations.

I say we put all the religious people into zoos. Problem solved.

1082 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo