Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 1121 (Pro)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 10, 2016, 16:33 bigspender

Here's a questions. Are there more MOBAs than zombie games?  

News Comments > DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer
14. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 00:12 bigspender

Hmm it just doesn't look right to me. It looks forced. The originals felt very organic. Maybe the it's halo does hell look it has. Anyway Doom was never about the multiplayer for me. Co-op campaign was where the most fun was. I won't be buying it until it the single player missions can be played with friends.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Released
31. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Released Mar 9, 2016, 05:23 bigspender

Flo wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 02:13:
Thank god someone here mentioned the term "bullet sponge". Somehow I didn't realize that this game is more like an MMORPG. Then someone on Steam Reviews mentioned it was basically Destiny. Saved me good money.

Yep, the bullet sponge completely ruins the combat and therefore the game. It just feels so wrong using a realistic gun and unloading into a seemingly regular person in regular clothes and their body doesn't even react let alone do any realistic damage. You'd expect someone to be knocked about and more likely get pretty f'd up like Peter Weller if you gave them a spray from an assault rifle. But they just play a running animation and hide somewhere else lol.

At least in a futuristic sci-fi setting bullet sponges make some sense. Shields, aliens, energy weapons etc. But when one bullet does the same damage as throwing a tennis ball at someone it's pretty silly, and just makes the gun play feel awful.

The way it is now I think I'd have more fun playing Tom Clancy's Long Division on pen and paper.

News Comments > OVERLOAD Teaser Demo
7. Re: OVERLOAD Teaser Demo Mar 8, 2016, 01:03 bigspender

Surprisingly fun little demo. It works really well with a controller too, perhaps even better than mouse and keyboard. Which is usually the opposite to what I would say about a first person shooter.

It's one of the few games I've played in the last 10 years where it's actually just fun to move around. It feels like your gliding about, with just the right amount of slip. With a controller anyway, keyboard does feel a little strange.

Weapons are fun, movement is fun. What more could you want out of a shooter.

Instant buy if they make it co-op.

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Announced
2. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Announced Mar 2, 2016, 21:32 bigspender

wtf is it with games not bothering to have textures on their polygons these days?  

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Released
1. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 1, 2016, 21:14 bigspender

Is there magic or anything interesting in this? The trailer makes it look like a fantasy game without the fantasy.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2016, 17:05 bigspender

"Spectre Fighting Vlog" Bored. James Bored.  

News Comments > Umbrella Corps Multi-Mission Mode
2. Re: Umbrella Corps Multi-Mission Mode Mar 1, 2016, 16:54 bigspender

I foresee a 3 out of 10.  

News Comments > The Division NVIDIA Trailer
9. Re: The Division NVIDIA Trailer Mar 1, 2016, 16:50 bigspender

This game felt like a job.  

News Comments > DOOM Uncut for Germany
61. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 28, 2016, 18:59 bigspender

nin wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 18:44:
bigspender wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 18:27:
nin wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 18:25:
bigspender wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 18:20:
nin wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 18:16:
bigspender wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 18:14:
nin wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 17:55:
bigspender wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 17:53:
nin wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 17:39:
For some reason the regressive leftists call Maajid Nawaz a racist and bigoted too, even though he is both Pakistani and a Muslim.

Having a certain skin color or following a certain religion does not magically allow you not to be a racist. You know that, right? That anyone can be a racist, if they choose to?

read the book then come back when you know what you're talking about.

I don't need to read a book to know that what I said is true. Anyone can choose to be a racist, their skin color or religion does not earn them a free pass.

You do need the book. Because the guy is clearly not racist

I didn't say he was or wasn't. Read above. I'm laughing at your logic that if someone is "Pakistani and a Muslim" it's impossible for them to be racist.

So african americans that say the N word are being racist now?

I never said that, either. Your original quote showed ignorance, and I pointed out your ignorance. (I will probably continue to point out your ignorance.)

I know what your saying but I don't understand how it's possible to be racist when you are one of the races that you're supposedly discriminating against?

I know you don't have to be white to be racist, it can be any race discriminating against another. But people are specifically accusing Maajid of being racist against races from the middle east, even though he is one of the races from that area. That's why I was asking you to read the book, because you're not aware of the context of the conversation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internalized_racism

Well if Maajid ever starts playing with dolls then I don't think racism will be his main concern.

That article seems to be more about oppressing yourself through negative body image rather that actively discriminating against other people of your own race. I mean they give one example, but it's a fictional character.

59. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 28, 2016, 18:27 bigspender

nin wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 18:25:
bigspender wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 18:20:
For some reason the regressive leftists call Maajid Nawaz a racist and bigoted too, even though he is both Pakistani and a Muslim.

Having a certain skin color or following a certain religion does not magically allow you not to be a racist. You know that, right? That anyone can be a racist, if they choose to?

I don't need to read a book to know that what I said is true. Anyone can choose to be a racist, their skin color or religion does not earn them a free pass.

I didn't say he was or wasn't. Read above. I'm laughing at your logic that if someone is "Pakistani and a Muslim" it's impossible for them to be racist.

I never said that, either. Your original quote showed ignorance, and I pointed out your ignorance. (I will probably continue to point out your ignorance.)

I know what your saying but I don't understand how it's possible to be racist when you are one of the races that you're supposedly discriminating against?

I know you don't have to be white to be racist, it can be any race discriminating against another. But people are specifically accusing Maajid of being racist against races from the middle east, even though he is one of the races from that area. That's why I was asking you to read the book, because you're not aware of the context of the conversation.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2016, 18:41.

57. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 28, 2016, 18:20 bigspender

55. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 28, 2016, 18:15 bigspender

Quinn wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 18:06:
To achieve happiness, to not infringe upon somebody else's happiness, to help others achieve happiness. That's the purpose of life. If you find it hard to say this culture is better than another (because *define* better, right?!) then just think about that purpose for a second and ask yourself: What society helps us achieve that purpose in the best way? It's the western society. The respect for women, homosexuals, etc. Our society is the most evolved.

Some extreme lefties have a hard time acknowedging that fact, and when an immigrant starts raping a western woman because "she dresses like a whore" or smears a gay person's bed with their own shit because... well, they are gay... Left wing over-tolerant ignorants can somehow be against a right wing opinion that those oppressors of happiness should be punished and kicked out of our countries. It fucking sickens me.

Extreme right, is wrong. Extreme left, that's also wrong. In this day and age, the passiveness of the left is even more dangerous, I think.

Sure, we should help true refugees of war, but if anyone doesn't adapt to our standards.. they can simply piss the fuck off. Our country never needed you, and we're doing you a big fucking favor, so you either live by our rules or piss off. I'd like to see a bit more of an iron fist or this refugee crap will run out of hand even more than it already has, and very, very quickly.

+1 That sums it up very well.

BTW get ready, because someone's going to call you a racist and bigot now.

54. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 28, 2016, 18:14 bigspender

51. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 28, 2016, 17:53 bigspender

read the book then come back when you know what you're talking about. The fact is, he is not racist, but people just yell that to dismiss some very logical ideas, which would help the refugees, the people shouting racist, as well as any actual racists.

49. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 28, 2016, 17:24 bigspender

descender wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 11:33:
And you're actually the racist one, because the criminals are not all the same race, and I've never said they are.

So the hair you've decided to split here is whether you are being a racist or a bigot? You just... don't get it. I suppose this is the part where you tell us how you can magically "detect" the difference between Muslims and Arabs at your border and only let the "good ones" in.

I could pick out a few rules from the bible (or really just pick a religion) that you would have the same problems with but I don't hear you calling for anyone but Muslims to be banned from your country.

Every religion has stupid old hokey rules that are barbaric and barely anyone follows. The people that DO follow them are generally not the ones attempting to leave that society to find a better life.

That's a really simplistic view on a complicated issue. I suggest you might want to read the recent book by Maajid Nawaz and Sam Harris to educate yourself. For some reason the regressive leftists call Maajid Nawaz a racist and bigot too, even though he is both Pakistani and a Muslim.

EDIT: Again YOU are the one saying they are Arab and/or Muslim. Not me, I haven't even mentioned religion. You automatically associated all of the things I listed below to a race and religion. Not me.
And again you're saying that people of certain religions, race and nationality should get a free pass when it comes to basic human decency, which means your assuming that they are capable of less, and that's racist/bigoted.

Just for record, I would 100% support a system that swaps good & decent refugees and immigrants for local criminals and scum of any race, religion, and nationality even if they are christian, white and are 20th generation europeans. If they behave a certain way, they don't belong in modern society. Can you imagine how nice society would be? Of course people will now cry that it's inhuman to deport someone that is a citizen, human rights blah blah.The way I see it, if someone is chooses to violate your human rights, you can only assume they have given you permission to give up theirs. It's certainly better than a death sentence which already happens.
Then you get the people that say "who are you to judge, your not god blah blah"(of course an expert panel would be appointed for such a thing, a similar panel that judges who or who should not be executed).

Also, I'm not religious, but I am middle eastern, and my wife is asian.....

I'm going to spot replying, not because I think the argument is settled either way. But because I think we'll be going in circles, and the book I suggested will answer all of it for you in a much better way than I can.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2016, 17:52.

47. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 28, 2016, 03:37 bigspender

descender wrote on Feb 27, 2016, 11:53:
The only thing I'm judging people by is their actions and ideas, and it's not my fault that most of the rapists and criminals are form the same location.

Unfortunately you are NOT (edit: woops) the one that gets to decide if you are being racist or not. You don't get to decide when you do or do not offend other people. You might not be trying to be, but...

Stereotyping an entire race of people because of a few extreme actors? I would think that Germans (of all people) might be a little bit more sensitive to that considering their own checkered history of rape and violence.

And you're actually the racist one, because the criminals are not all the same race, and I've never said they are.

46. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 28, 2016, 00:53 bigspender

Kosumo wrote on Feb 27, 2016, 17:57:
In your post that was removed (number 2 in the thread) what was it that you think got it removed?

Do you think it was wrong that it was removed?

Your post (number 37) would make me think that you have a problem with more than just the rapist and criminals with how you agree that 'those people' don't have the same values as you therefore they should go elsewhere.

Apart from criminals and rapists I have problem with anyone(regardless or race or nationality) who denies the holocaust, people who think it's OK to treat women worse than dogs, by not letting them go to school past a certain age, by not letting them drive, by not letting them go outside without a man, by arresting the women when THEY get raped, by performing female circumcision and stitching up their uterus, only to tear it open as they please. Women who are treated as possessions by people that have legalized the killing of their wives if she is unfaithful, people who think it's normal to murder your wife and not get punished as long as her brother or father forgives you. I have a problem with people who (literally) crucify and/or stone people who argue FOR human rights. I have problem with people who hand out pamphlets that say "don't use stones that are too big" to ensure the person being stoned suffers before they die of "thought crime". I have a problem with people who think it's OK to give 1000 lashes to people who have made the decision to change religion.

Yes those "values" are quite different to mine. You could say that they are not only different but worse, and more importantly incompatible. The reason you are a regressive leftist is because you want to be so politically correct that you're ready to throw away your rights and other peoples rights, and several hundred years of ethical progress because you think that people of a certain nationalities get a free pass when it comes to what we now consider basic human decency. You expect less of "these people" (as you put it), and that makes you a racist and bigot.

I also never said that we shouldn't let in refugees. That was your assumption once again. (I'd happily let in everyone that is decent).

EDIT: Again, you're the only one saying things like "those people". When I said the word that got my post removed, I never even remotely suggested that "ALL OF THEM" or "EVERYONE" was like that. You must assumed that's what it meant, and that makes you the bigot.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2016, 03:34.

42. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 27, 2016, 17:16 bigspender

Kosumo wrote on Feb 27, 2016, 16:09:
bigspender wrote on Feb 27, 2016, 02:34:
Bingo! It's got nothing to do with nationality, citizenship status, gender or race. Yet people are still crying racism.

The only thing I'm judging people by is their actions and ideas, and it's not my fault that most of the rapists and criminals are form the same location. READ THAT AGAIN - I'M NOT SAYING THAT MOST PEOPLE FROM ONE LOCATION ARE CRIMINALS - I'm saying that most of the crimes were committed by people from the same location. There is a very big difference, although a lot of regressive leftists don't understand.

No, in your first post that was removed you made a very nasty snarky remark - i.e. you changed the word refuge to make it as thought all the refuges where rapist - by doing that you where milining a whole group of people due to the actions of a few.

It was a very hatefully thing to do yet you don't seem to see it like that.

Rapist and criminals are form all parts of the world, by foucsing on those only form one group, and then painting the whole of that group as rapists and criminals you are not helping the problem, what you are doing is stero typing and spreading hate.

You go on to then also sterotype anyone who seems not to agree with you view as 'regressive leftists'

Again, I never stated anywhere that ALL or MOST refugees are rapists or criminals. And neither did the people holding signs in the streets with the same word. They're simply saying no to the ones that are rapists or criminals.

YOU are the one assuming they are all that way, and that makes YOU the racist.

41. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 27, 2016, 17:14 bigspender

descender wrote on Feb 27, 2016, 11:53:
The only thing I'm judging people by is their actions and ideas, and it's not my fault that most of the rapists and criminals are form the same location.

Unfortunately you are NOT (edit: woops) the one that gets to decide if you are being racist or not. You don't get to decide when you do or do not offend other people. You might not be trying to be, but...

Stereotyping an entire race of people because of a few extreme actors? I would think that Germans (of all people) might be a little bit more sensitive to that considering their own checkered history of rape and violence.

This is the exact find of illogical PC attitude that I'll never understand. NOBODY in Germany alive today had anything to do with the holocaust. For some reason you regressive leftists want people to feel shame for something they have not done, and they have no choice who their parents are. If that's not discrimination I don't know what is.

1121 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo