Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 1085 (Pro)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Uncut for Germany
47. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 28, 2016, 03:37 bigspender

descender wrote on Feb 27, 2016, 11:53:
The only thing I'm judging people by is their actions and ideas, and it's not my fault that most of the rapists and criminals are form the same location.

Unfortunately you are NOT (edit: woops) the one that gets to decide if you are being racist or not. You don't get to decide when you do or do not offend other people. You might not be trying to be, but...

Stereotyping an entire race of people because of a few extreme actors? I would think that Germans (of all people) might be a little bit more sensitive to that considering their own checkered history of rape and violence.

And you're actually the racist one, because the criminals are not all the same race, and I've never said they are.

46. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 28, 2016, 00:53 bigspender

Kosumo wrote on Feb 27, 2016, 17:57:
In your post that was removed (number 2 in the thread) what was it that you think got it removed?

Do you think it was wrong that it was removed?

Your post (number 37) would make me think that you have a problem with more than just the rapist and criminals with how you agree that 'those people' don't have the same values as you therefore they should go elsewhere.

Apart from criminals and rapists I have problem with anyone(regardless or race or nationality) who denies the holocaust, people who think it's OK to treat women worse than dogs, by not letting them go to school past a certain age, by not letting them drive, by not letting them go outside without a man, by arresting the women when THEY get raped, by performing female circumcision and stitching up their uterus, only to tear it open as they please. Women who are treated as possessions by people that have legalized the killing of their wives if she is unfaithful, people who think it's normal to murder your wife and not get punished as long as her brother or father forgives you. I have a problem with people who (literally) crucify and/or stone people who argue FOR human rights. I have problem with people who hand out pamphlets that say "don't use stones that are too big" to ensure the person being stoned suffers before they die of "thought crime". I have a problem with people who think it's OK to give 1000 lashes to people who have made the decision to change religion.

Yes those "values" are quite different to mine. You could say that they are not only different but worse, and more importantly incompatible. The reason you are a regressive leftist is because you want to be so politically correct that you're ready to throw away your rights and other peoples rights, and several hundred years of ethical progress because you think that people of a certain nationalities get a free pass when it comes to what we now consider basic human decency. You expect less of "these people" (as you put it), and that makes you a racist and bigot.

I also never said that we shouldn't let in refugees. That was your assumption once again. (I'd happily let in everyone that is decent).

EDIT: Again, you're the only one saying things like "those people". When I said the word that got my post removed, I never even remotely suggested that "ALL OF THEM" or "EVERYONE" was like that. You must assumed that's what it meant, and that makes you the bigot.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2016, 03:34.

42. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 27, 2016, 17:16 bigspender

Kosumo wrote on Feb 27, 2016, 16:09:
bigspender wrote on Feb 27, 2016, 02:34:
Bingo! It's got nothing to do with nationality, citizenship status, gender or race. Yet people are still crying racism.

The only thing I'm judging people by is their actions and ideas, and it's not my fault that most of the rapists and criminals are form the same location. READ THAT AGAIN - I'M NOT SAYING THAT MOST PEOPLE FROM ONE LOCATION ARE CRIMINALS - I'm saying that most of the crimes were committed by people from the same location. There is a very big difference, although a lot of regressive leftists don't understand.

No, in your first post that was removed you made a very nasty snarky remark - i.e. you changed the word refuge to make it as thought all the refuges where rapist - by doing that you where milining a whole group of people due to the actions of a few.

It was a very hatefully thing to do yet you don't seem to see it like that.

Rapist and criminals are form all parts of the world, by foucsing on those only form one group, and then painting the whole of that group as rapists and criminals you are not helping the problem, what you are doing is stero typing and spreading hate.

You go on to then also sterotype anyone who seems not to agree with you view as 'regressive leftists'

Again, I never stated anywhere that ALL or MOST refugees are rapists or criminals. And neither did the people holding signs in the streets with the same word. They're simply saying no to the ones that are rapists or criminals.

YOU are the one assuming they are all that way, and that makes YOU the racist.

41. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 27, 2016, 17:14 bigspender

descender wrote on Feb 27, 2016, 11:53:
The only thing I'm judging people by is their actions and ideas, and it's not my fault that most of the rapists and criminals are form the same location.

Unfortunately you are NOT (edit: woops) the one that gets to decide if you are being racist or not. You don't get to decide when you do or do not offend other people. You might not be trying to be, but...

Stereotyping an entire race of people because of a few extreme actors? I would think that Germans (of all people) might be a little bit more sensitive to that considering their own checkered history of rape and violence.

This is the exact find of illogical PC attitude that I'll never understand. NOBODY in Germany alive today had anything to do with the holocaust. For some reason you regressive leftists want people to feel shame for something they have not done, and they have no choice who their parents are. If that's not discrimination I don't know what is.

37. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 27, 2016, 02:34 bigspender

Ahumado wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 00:23:
They are not like people from the west. Their values are not my values and frankly I don't want middle eastern migrants moving next to me and my family. They are not scum they just have different values and I don't want them near me or my family. Most esp. the men. I grew up in Detroit I have known dozens of them and even the "civilized" ones are bizarre. I can't imagine what this current crop is like and don't want to. Now go look at your Apple watch and your
gaming rig and forget all about reality
Bingo! It's got nothing to do with nationality, citizenship status, gender or race. Yet people are still crying racism.

The only thing I'm judging people by is their actions and ideas, and it's not my fault that most of the rapists and criminals are form the same location. READ THAT AGAIN - I'M NOT SAYING THAT MOST PEOPLE FROM ONE LOCATION ARE CRIMINALS - I'm saying that most of the crimes were committed by people from the same location. There is a very big difference, although a lot of regressive leftists don't understand.

News Comments > WW1 Battlefield 5 in October? [Updated]
38. Re: WW1 Battlefield 5 in October? Feb 26, 2016, 19:42 bigspender

LittleMe wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 12:34:
Just imagine the horse animations DLC!
Horse armour DLC. The DLC that started it all haha

37. Re: WW1 Battlefield 5 in October? Feb 26, 2016, 19:40 bigspender

Verno wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 11:10:
Yeah I'm with CJ, WW1 as a setting is too fucking depressing and doesn't really suit the usual Battlefield experience. Trench grinder wars sounds like it would put me to sleep. No way I'm digging into my wallet for $60+$60+60 or whatever nonsense they've dreamed up to monetize.

Not even our resident PR shill could paint this one in a good light. I hope the rumor is false.

I dunno, it would pretty fun being on the end of a machine gun and mowing down about 50 charging players in 10 seconds LOL. But it would suck for them

36. Re: WW1 Battlefield 5 in October? [Updated] Feb 26, 2016, 19:36 bigspender

I'm going to need a new "r" key if I play a WW1 game.  

News Comments > Dark Souls III Trailer
7. Re: Dark Souls III Trailer Feb 25, 2016, 20:32 bigspender

Nuhauser wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 16:34:
I'm sure I'll pick this up, get the SweetFX graphics mod, spend a couple of hours tweaking the godawful mouse and keyboard controls, and then play it for 20 hours until I get frustrated/bored with it, leave it for a week, start it up on a Tuesday evening when I'm bored, and wonder what the fuck I was thinking spending so much time on it in the first place. Exactly like I did with the first 2.

Play it with a friend or two. It's exponentially more fun.

28. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 25, 2016, 18:07 bigspender

Kosumo wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 15:06:
"They are NOT like westerners...they do not have western values...and until that is realized...which it is by people that can think for themselves, things will go to pot. "

Yeah, but they are human beings.

Or are you saying that westerners are somehow better and we should not mix with those 'dirty' middle eastern people and just leave the refugees to their fate.

Hatefully sterotypes are far form where modern western people should be aiming to be.

Thinking like that and things will go to pot, Pol Pot

Of course western society is better. There is no question that the best western societies have about 1200 years of moral, ethical and technological advancement.
Look at Saudi Arabia. Richest country on earth, has not been affected by wars. Not taken a single refugee and crucifies and stones people when they protest FOR human rights.
And before you cry racist. I'm from the middle east.

27. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 25, 2016, 18:02 bigspender

El Pit wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 13:34:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 13:18:
Fuck this country at the moment. Seriously.

Hello my AfD friend, you DO know that a lot more rapes in 2015 were commited by Germans than by immigrants? Yes, Cologne was horrible and the hundreds of idiots should be kicked out of the country, but you should understand that out of more than a million immigrants, there HAVE to be criminals among them. No, they are not all saints coming to Germany, just like the Germans are not all saints. But that is how it goes: less than 1% are criminals, so they ALL are criminals. That's exactly how fascism works.

About local police reports: there have been some reports that in some places, police would not report the nationality of criminals being caught to a) not feed the fires already burning (again, people will point out EVERY SINGLE immigrant commiting a crime, because not a single report goes "German Rapes Girl", but would definitely write "Immigrant Rapes Girl" if this shit happens) and b) not to be called racists themselves. But if YOU would check your own newspaper, you might find LOTS of reports by police officers themselves exposing lies about "crimes by immigrants" in their area that actually never happened. Now, some people will say that those officers are bought or put under pressure to lie, but is that not a clear sign of paranoia?

Yes, there are immigrants who will not even accept talking to a female police officer, but so are some German criminals, too. They don't think of women as equal - see, it's not an "immigrant" thing, it's a sexist thing.

Saying that the media, the police, the government are all lying is also sounding pretty paranoid. Even worse than those guys criticizing Windows 10 while using Android mobile phones.

And about those crimes: I've provided a link to a website dealing with fake reports about crimes commited by immigrants. Go, take a look, maybe some stories you heard about shit supposedly going down in your area might be wrong, too.
You're a regressive leftist. You'd rather die being polite than face reality.

2. removed Feb 25, 2016, 00:43 bigspender

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 25, 2016, 07:18.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Pre-purchases
2. Re: Dark Souls III Pre-purchases Feb 22, 2016, 23:08 bigspender

Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 21:56:
Already scheduled release day off. Can hardly wait.

I'm looking for to it too

News Comments > The Division Beta Claims Record
7. Re: The Division Beta Claims Record Feb 22, 2016, 22:21 bigspender

I love setting, the graphics, the shooting felt pretty good too. But it was just soooooooooooooooooo boring after I did the first two missions.  

News Comments > HTC Vive in April for $799
36. Re: HTC Vive in April for $799 Feb 21, 2016, 17:45 bigspender

Squirmer wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 17:37:
A killer app still isn't a guarantee that VR will be "the future". Nintendo had a killer app with Wii Sports, and nowadays they can't shift a console. No one cares about motion controls anymore, as Microsoft discovered very quickly. And yet VR tech is trying to bring it back.

The problem with VR is that once you get past the cool factor of looking around a virtual world, you realize you can't really do much of anything. Turning your head to look around a virtual world is cool, but why make the effort to turn your entire head when you could just move your mouse a few millimeters? Motion controls had the same problem. Cool for a bit, but it's a very limited control scheme.

VR has fad written all over it.

You haven't tried one of these new VR headset have you?

35. Re: HTC Vive in April for $799 Feb 21, 2016, 17:42 bigspender

I wonder what some old games like Virtua Cop would be like in VR.  

32. Re: HTC Vive in April for $799 Feb 21, 2016, 17:34 bigspender

Kxmode wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 17:30:
McTurbo wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 17:13:
Some of you have forgotten or were not around when 3DFX launched.. an entire industry exists and todays console and pc market owes its current existance to one decision. .to launch the 3DFX card on the popularity of one game.. quake 1.. the jump from software to 3d graphics simply shocked people with how good it was.. so until we have all experianced an oculus or vive and seen VR for ourselves.. all you are doing is spouting your ignorance and claiming it as fact.

Precisely. What you're describing is a killer app. For the CD-ROM it was Myst. For the PlayStation is was Final Fantasy 7. VR in general needs a killer app.

Bingo!

All I've seen so far is job simulators and experiences. I don't think that's enough for an $800 item.
There are always flight sims like DCS: World which look fantastic even in the old Oculus DK2. But a lot of these are quite niche products because people don't have the patience to learn how to fly a plane (not to mention buy all of the joysticks and things too).

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 19, 2016, 04:59 bigspender

This guy is so damn stupid I bet he doesn't even know which way West is on a compass....  

News Comments > Black Desert Online Closed Beta Tomorrow
10. Re: Black Desert Online Closed Beta Tomorrow Feb 18, 2016, 18:36 bigspender

also here is another key that my friend didn't use: A73C-3B47-95D4-4D76-A62A  

News Comments > Black Desert Online Closed Beta Tomorrow
9. Re: Black Desert Online Closed Beta Tomorrow Feb 18, 2016, 18:36 bigspender

well if anyone wants to try it, I'm done with it, not my kind of game

let me know and I'll PM you my account details if you want to try it

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2016, 18:43.

1085 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo