Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 1060 (Pro)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Bazaar
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Bazaar Mar 29, 2016, 03:12 bigspender

.....and here come the VR equivalents of those "me too" shitty motion control games for the wii.  

News Comments > Two Worlds II DLC and Two Worlds III Announced
5. Re: Two Worlds II DLC and Two Worlds III Announced Mar 26, 2016, 05:44 bigspender

I played Two Worlds II on release, and early in the game found an exploit where I created a spell that blinded, slowed and (only slightly)hurt enemies. I was able to defeat anything no matter how hard they were. Of course it took like 1 or two minutes to kill something but I could cheese my way through any areas haha.

I was hoping for a co-op Elder Scrolls experience wit Two Worlds II, and it nearly was that. Nearly.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2016, 23:46 bigspender

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 23:18:
bigspender wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 22:39:
If sticking to Japanese dietary guidelines only decreases your risk of death by 15% then that's a pretty shitty set of guidelines.

That's terrible results, especially when compared to their traditional Okinawan diets.

A whole-foods diet like the ones suggested by Dr. Michael Greger, Dr. Neal Barnard, Dr. John McDougall, Dr. Cadwell Esselstyn, or Dr. Dean Ornish is way ahead in terms of mortality, heart disease, brain disease, cancers and basically all of the big killers.

Eating stuff you don't like eating is pretty much guaranteed to kill you faster though

Haha, especially if eating a bit of kale makes you eat two strips of bacon to make up for the taste

Nah, a few weeks of eating real unprocessed food, and your taste buds completely adjust. I wouldn't have ever thought how dramatic of a change it is until I experienced it for myself

It's a lot like quitting smoking. At first it feels like your missing something, and then feeling so clean is kind of bothersom and weird, but after about 3 or 4 weeks even the though of smoking (or eating fatty/sugary processed crap) makes you feel a bit nauseous.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2016, 22:39 bigspender

If sticking to Japanese dietary guidelines only decreases your risk of death by 15% then that's a pretty shitty set of guidelines.

That's terrible results, especially when compared to their traditional Okinawan diets.

A whole-foods diet like the ones suggested by Dr. Michael Greger, Dr. Neal Barnard, Dr. John McDougall, Dr. Cadwell Esselstyn, or Dr. Dean Ornish is way ahead in terms of mortality, heart disease, brain disease, cancers and basically all of the big killers.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2016, 22:18 bigspender

Remember kids, just because you can't see outside of the Rift, doesn't mean people on the outside can't see you with your pants off.  

News Comments > DOOM Trailer
6. Re: DOOM Trailer Mar 24, 2016, 22:11 bigspender

Trailer runs at 60 FPS, too bad the game can't hold 60fps during the recording lol. It dropped down to what looked like 15 FPS several times. yuck.  

News Comments > Telltale's Batman Details
9. Re: Telltale's Batman Details Mar 19, 2016, 03:49 bigspender

Tyrric wrote on Mar 19, 2016, 01:11:
bigspender wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 22:16:
I hate these Telltale things with a passion.

Telltale will remember that.

Well I certainly won't remember their games

News Comments > Telltale's Batman Details
5. Re: Telltale's Batman Details Mar 18, 2016, 22:16 bigspender

I hate these Telltale things with a passion.  

44. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2016, 18:58 bigspender

Nucas wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 06:22:
bigspender wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 18:37:
Healing power of poop. Holy shit indeed.

I can't believe people would honestly even consider poop transplants as a means to fight obesity vs simply eating more starches,beans, and veg. You deserve to have BMI of 70+ if you're that stupid.

this article puts a really silly spin on it. fecal transplants have already been successfully performed for people with severe gut infections. they move the poop from the healthy colon into the colon of the patient to allow the good bacteria to propagate. using this as treatment for obesity is really speculative and makes the whole thing sound silly.

For sure, it certainly has legitimate uses. But fighting obesity is not one of them.
Even if it did work, it's still fighting the symptom and not cause.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2016, 18:37 bigspender

Healing power of poop. Holy shit indeed.

I can't believe people would honestly even consider poop transplants as a means to fight obesity vs simply eating more starches,beans, and veg. You deserve to have BMI of 70+ if you're that stupid.

News Comments > BELOW This Summer; New Trailer
5. Re: BELOW This Summer; New Trailer Mar 17, 2016, 18:10 bigspender

Very good mood and atmosphere. I'll keep an eye on this. I too hope that there is co-op. Multiplayer is a must have for class based dungeon crawlers!  

News Comments > DOOM Multiplayer Maps Explored
8. Re: DOOM Multiplayer Maps Explored Mar 17, 2016, 05:02 bigspender

Task wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 22:18:
That's great and all, but where is co-op?

This! I hope someone mods it in soon after launch. Assuming of course they make the thing moddable. oh wow I just had a scary thought. What if this is the first Doom game that has no mod support.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
17. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 16, 2016, 20:23 bigspender

Quboid wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 18:21:
Telling Siri/etc "I want to commit suicide" is not the same as asking "How should I commit suicide?". It is the person acknowledging that they have a problem and need assistance, that they don't *want* to *want* to commit suicide. It's their last grasp of reality calling out for help. That's not an easy topic to bring up with your parents or your partner or even your adult child if that's all you have left.

Having a system that is supposed to interact in a relatively human manner respond by calming giving them information from a suitable regional support organisation seems like a perfectly appropriate response. It's not analysing or coaching, just understanding what a cry for help looks like.

Narf2029 wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 15:15:
It's not a rational impasse that logic can defeat.

QFT. People with mental health problems don't always act rationally and it's irrational to expect them to.

Yeah OK, you're totally right now that I think about it, I take my comments back. Thanks

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 16, 2016, 16:55 bigspender

descender wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 16:44:
That's not even remotely close to the purpose of something like this Cutter. It's not supposed to be an "analyst" and no one said it was.

It merely needs to not be a stumbling block along their path for help.

Or maybe you just shouldn't talk about people with depression because you clearly don't understand it at all... asshole. Does it bother you in some way if other people are able to get help easier? No? Then fuck off.

Siri saying "I don't know" and then doing a web search isn't really a stumbling block though.

The thought of an apple product being a life coach is so ironic it's enough to make me want to self harm.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2016, 17:05.

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 16, 2016, 16:02 bigspender

Cutter wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 14:29:
All it needs to understand is 'Call 911', problem solved.

Robots need to obey our commands. There is no way it should be doing some double speak stuff where gets help behind your back or lie to you.

Siri should give people instructions how to do it in the most quickest, easiest way that doesn't put a burden on anyone else e.g. jumping off a building is really messy because people have to clean it up, there's investigations etc.

Such a typical arse technica article.

News Comments > METAL GEAR ONLINE - Cloaked in Silence Released
1. Re: METAL GEAR ONLINE - Cloaked in Silence Released Mar 15, 2016, 18:28 bigspender

And once again, Konami expect players to act like A.I.

Sometimes I wonder if they even play tested the online ops, because when everyone is fast and powerful like Snake, it's complete chaos - nothing like this trailer makes it out to be.

News Comments > System Shock Remastered Footage
13. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 05:37 bigspender

Wesp5 wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 04:20:
This really looks great! I have a question though, as I never played the original SS: Do we need to fight endless enemies with a pipe like we had to do in SS2 with the wrench or is this just a demo issue?

Only if you take the wrench upgrades and keep getting seen by security cameras

Unless you were playing on some brutal difficult in SS2 you should be able to shoot your way through the whole game, the cameras will beep to warn you are being detected before they set off the alarms. Of course you can always hack the security consoles.

News Comments > Battlezone Trailer Shows Campaign & VR
2. Re: Battlezone Trailer Shows Campaign & VR Mar 14, 2016, 21:07 bigspender

Something I never really though about until I saw this trailer is that finally (thanks to VR requirements) developers will prioritizing performance. We can expect that (hopefully) all of these games will be designed to run at 90fps all of the time.

The PC has really needed a base standard when it comes to performance in games. And 90fps is a great place to start.

News Comments > System Shock Remastered Footage
3. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 14, 2016, 20:53 bigspender

definitely looks like a pre-alpha, but it's definitely heading in the right direction!  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 10, 2016, 16:33 bigspender

Here's a questions. Are there more MOBAs than zombie games?  

1060 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo