Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 1567 (Pro)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2019, 16:55 bigspender

Hate vegetables? It could be your genes. This has been a lifelong struggle for m

Nobody likes fresh vegetables because our taste buds have been corrupted by excess salt, fat/oil, and sugar. It's like we've been listening to the radio on 11 all our lives, so if go out into nature we have trouble appreciating the naturals sounds now that we've lost our hearing.

Lucky for us though, taste buds do recover. Go into cronometer, and type in your average day's worth of eating, I guarantee you the salt content will be out over 1500mg. 1500mg is what you would normally get without adding salt to food and if you eat mostly plant foods like grains, and starches that our ancestors did.

After about two or three weeks of eating low salt, low oil, low sugar, you vegetables taste great, and fruit is suddenly as sweet as candy.

Having said that, it also helps to not buy the shitty produce at the supermarket, which has been permeated with the styrofoam fragrance of the containers they have sat in or been frozen in for months on end. Even the vegetables at something like subway are disgusting, they all taste the same, because they are low quality, and have all been sitting in the fridge for days after being cut up -why does the tomato taste as bland as lettuce? WHY? lol. So get the good stuff from a market or proper grocer. Make sure that they smell good. If they don't smell nice, they probably won't taste nice, but hey take a sample taste.

Please don't blame your genes, super tasters actually like vegetables more (after they have fixed their sugar/oil/salt overdose)

If you want to get started on eating more vegetables, the #1 tip is to not eat raw vegetables. Hide your vegetables into cook stews. Mexican chilli's, thai green curry, indian dhal, vegetable goulash, lentil shepherd's pie etc. And use plenty of stock powder / liquid / bullion cubes and SALT!

Then start lowering the amount of stock and salt you use very slowly week by week and you won't even notice. After about a month, all of sudden even fresh foods taste great.

The down side being is that take-away foods like taste way too salty for you, so you're likely never going to want to eat out, which is only a good thing for your health and wallet.

As a former chicken parmigiana connoisseur I have been through this transformation, and it will change your life, and your pants size. (Although your wife might get annoyed that your increased libido )

News Comments > Into the Black

1. Re: Into the Black Nov 8, 2019, 01:46 bigspender

Please stop eating pig meat. They are sweet creatures they don't want to be tortured and killed. They want to be loved just like your cat and dog.

43. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2019, 15:56 bigspender

A man rescued a caged dog that was floating in a freezing lake. Now he wants to adopt her.

Then he'll go into a store and pay for a more intelligent animal (a pig) to be brutally slaughtered for his breakfast. You know just to even things out I suppose?

41. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2019, 15:42 bigspender

More than 11,000 scientists issue fresh warning: Earth faces a climate emergency.

I can't even convince people not to stick carcinogenic pig flesh into their mouths, good luck telling them not to fuck lol

Still I think capping is a great idea, most people on earth are useless sleep walking idiots that never contribute in any meaningful way to the advancement of the human race, and many of them even contribute negatively.

The next step would be reducing the population to maybe 2 or 3 billion quality humans - it's still plenty of people, and it actually makes sense since a very VERY large portion of the workforce will be replace by automatic systems anyway. I really like the way some countries handle it - paying people to have a vasectomy. This means all of the methheads wouldn't have 8 children (who basically have a 99% chance of repeating the cycle). And it's an easy way to cap your family off at 1 child, and then having the funds to ensure their needs are met (via the vasectomy payoff). It's a quality over quantity approach.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2019, 15:55.

News Comments > Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only

73. Re: Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only Nov 4, 2019, 16:19 bigspender

Hump wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 10:29:
Path of Exile

Thats all.

The problem with path of exile is that most of the builds are not viable beyond a certain point of the game. So while you can have fun experimenting with different play styles, if you don't use the ~20 or so calculated math genius builds you don't get to see a large portion of the game, because you either can't survive, or can't do enough damage to get through a level. And there's no easy way to reset all of your stats. You have to start again.

So I love PoE up until you hit that part of the game where you're screwed if you didn't follow a build guide.

D3 was a bit too far in the other direction, where everything was safe, and easily changed, to the point where there wasn't much left in the way of character creation (I suppose it was more gear focused).

There's gotta be a happy middle ground, where there is plenty of customisation, and experimentation, but, also making sure, that most builds are viable.

53. Re: Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only Nov 4, 2019, 06:15 bigspender

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 3, 2019, 20:12:
bigspender wrote on Nov 3, 2019, 16:42:
WaltC wrote on Nov 3, 2019, 14:26:
Didn't buy D3 because of the online DRM actually built into the game structure!--looks like I won't be buying D4, either. No loss, really.
I'm with you, not a fan of any DRM, but boycotts only make sense when everyone does it, especially to a small developer or publisher. But you won't hurt Blizzard with a handful of boycotts,so they are unlikely to change. You might as well enjoy the game.
So, neither of you ever play on-line games? Interesting. Not sure why you would hang out on Blues, but hey whatever trips your trigger.
Don't get me mixed up in this, I'm buying all the games.

26. Re: Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only Nov 3, 2019, 16:42 bigspender

WaltC wrote on Nov 3, 2019, 14:26:
Didn't buy D3 because of the online DRM actually built into the game structure!--looks like I won't be buying D4, either. No loss, really.

I'm with you, not a fan of any DRM, but boycotts only make sense when everyone does it, especially to a small developer or publisher. But you won't hurt Blizzard with a handful of boycotts,so they are unlikely to change. You might as well enjoy the game.

19. Re: Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only Nov 3, 2019, 15:25 bigspender

"We are not going to support an offline mode,"

You don't need to support it. You just don't force it to check for being online. Pretty easy bro.

News Comments > Diablo IV Announced

46. Re: Diablo IV Announced Nov 2, 2019, 18:43 bigspender

Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 11:05:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 02:48:
Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 18:58:
It looks like a mobile game. Funny how times change.
I don't think we watched the same trailer.

Iím talking about the gameplay not the cinematics.

Have you mistakenly watched the gameplay for Diablo Immortal instead of Diablo 4?

Diablo Immortal is most definitely a mobile game :-)

34. Re: Diablo IV Announced Nov 2, 2019, 06:53 bigspender

nearly 2 hours of gameplay here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKzD1NZwUmw  

32. Re: Diablo IV Announced Nov 2, 2019, 06:27 bigspender

Looking at how the characters are moving around, I don't think this will be a point and click game. It looks more like a twin-stick control style to me. (and given how well Diablo 3 worked on consoles, I wouldn't be surprised)

I really appreciate the return of the dark and gritty graphics though.

Will definitely get this, provided they don't somehow screw it up in the mean time.

News Comments > Rumored Diablo 4 Details

20. Re: Rumored Diablo 4 Details Oct 31, 2019, 18:59 bigspender

I wonder if it'll have controller support for PC.

After playing on PS3 I'm surprised how well it works. And having someone come over and play on the same screen is pretty fun.

News Comments > New Steam Library Launches

6. Re: New Steam Library Launches Oct 31, 2019, 04:09 bigspender

Stop changing shit ffs.

Do your improvements on the back end not on my UI

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2019, 20:51 bigspender

Black Is The New Black.

Michael Jackson would disagree...

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Released

43. Re: The Outer Worlds Released Oct 25, 2019, 21:19 bigspender

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 25, 2019, 19:52:
Qbex . wrote on Oct 25, 2019, 18:45:
As for buying - I'm really perplexed that its not been talked about here more. Get it on xbox beta app in windows 10 store.

Nnnnnoooooooooooooope.

MS Store a.k.a GFWL 2.0 as well as anything named Xbox has been uninstalled from muh PCMR-PC and can go fuck itself really, really extra hard!

Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 25, 2019, 19:13:
Great game so far. Iíve been looking for a game to get lost in like this. It definitely feels like an Obsidian game, which is a good thing for pc gamers.

So what you're saying is it feels like a 70 yard field goal attempt right in the nutsack??

Because that is what Obsidian games usually feel like on release.

If I ever get around to playing this (FO ain't really my cup of tea) then it'll be the fully patched content complete GOTY.

What's the big deal about all of these alternate stores anyway? You double click on the game's icon, and it loads the game regardless of what store it's thru right?

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Released

42. Re: The Outer Worlds Released Oct 25, 2019, 21:17 bigspender

I tried it since I had xbox game store subscription for free with my new video card purchase.

Not seeing what all the fuss is about. It's not a bad game by any means, but it's just fallout 3 in space essentially.

The combat is pretty uninspiring, and the story is OK. Probably fun if you've never played a fallout game, but it just feels like there's nothing really new or exciting here to me. (althought I did actually laugh out loud at the drop pod part). I just ultimately didn't feel motivated to keep playing it.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2019, 22:18.

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Reviews

41. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 09:48 bigspender

The subscription to the Ms gaming store is only a handful of bucks for a month . Great for trying out games you aren't sure about. But in this case looks like a solid game.

Looks like obsidian have come a long way since the disaster that was neverwinter nights 2

News Comments > Borderlands 2 VR Released

8. Re: Borderlands 2 VR Released Oct 23, 2019, 09:42 bigspender

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 22:42:
Pepe wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 22:22:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 21:24:
Getting destroyed in Steam Reviews

Not surprisingly most of the haters have the valve index which is not in the supported devices list so yeah.

Yup only works with Epics headset.

Lol

News Comments > New Arkham Game Rumors

3. Re: New Arkham Game Rumors Oct 22, 2019, 03:11 bigspender

I'm still holding out for a coop arkham game. Beat'em ups are always fun in coop. And if they can get the fantastic combat system to perform coop moves that would be spectacular!  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2019, 18:05 bigspender

Are electric cars as 'green' as you think?

Yes they are. The batteries however can be improved on, and that will come with time. Time that we'll get by not contributing to gas emissions by driving ANY electric car (and not eating beef/dairy too btw).

1567 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >