Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On March 7, 2006
Supporter -
Total Comments 1674 (Pro)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mortal Shell Announced

1. Re: Mortal Shell Announced Apr 1, 2020, 20:00 bigspender

One of key features of a good Dark Souls game is the coop. Without coop, Dark Souls is quite a punishing grind.  

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx No VR Mod

6. Re: Half-Life: Alyx No VR Mod Mar 29, 2020, 21:16 bigspender

Isn't this a bit like making v8 car noises in your hatchback? It's just not the same experience as the real thing :p  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Killing It

38. Re: DOOM Eternal Killing It Mar 27, 2020, 04:23 bigspender

Razumen wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 10:09:
bigspender wrote on Mar 25, 2020, 23:48:
I thought they were doing invasions (like dark souls) where other players can screw with your campaign by controlling the heavy demons. And for some reason I thought it would have coop thru the story mode. And no mods sucks.

I believe they're adding invasion mode after release, and mods are something they want to do in the future, that's specifically why they removed megatextures for DE. I think it'll happen eventually, the tools looked pretty cool from what we've seen in the developer reports.

OH nice!

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Weekend Begins

8. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Weekend Begins Mar 27, 2020, 00:31 bigspender

I'm enjoying Breakpoint. The guns feel beteer than wildlands, and the enemy types are more varied so there are more reasons for various weapons and gadgets. There wasn't much reason to take an LMG before because an assault rifle did everything, but LMGs are great against drones, or for setting up I front of a base and letting rip as the baddies spill out . I didn't like the enemy drones at first but it does put another elenmt into taking apart an enemy base methodically. Or you can just blow everything up if you set up a good assault.

The vehicles definitely feels worse than wildlands. Both games really need some good friends and a bit of role play to get the most out of. Overall some parts of the game are better some are worse. Not really the sequel I wanted. But if you treat it like a budget Metal Gear Solid 5 with coop, it has some fun moments.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2020, 01:17.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Killing It

14. Re: DOOM Eternal Killing It Mar 25, 2020, 23:48 bigspender

I just realized that Warhammer 40k: Space Marine nailed the shooty shooty + melee gameplay like 10 years ago. It even had the "melee kill to heal" mechanic. And melee fatality cinmatics.
Anyway my point being that it never felt like the melee was forced on you. Instead it gave you variety.

I feel like they played out too safe with Doom Eternal. I thought they were doing invasions (like dark souls) where other players can screw with your campaign by controlling the heavy demons. And for some reason I thought it would have coop thru the story mode. And no mods sucks. Doom 3 was a far better experience once they had a few mods like duct tape and open coop.

I've heard the game gets better after about 3 hours so I will play thru to the good bits. The combat is fun for the most part.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Warzone Adds New Operator, and Weapons

8. Re: Call of Duty: Warzone Adds New Operator, and Weapons Mar 25, 2020, 00:10 bigspender

I'm really enjoying the Plunder mode. BR is not for me, because I spend more time in the queues and menus than the game thanks to my skills lol

But Plunder has respawns, and doing mini missions with your squad is great. The guns are fun to shoot too. And it's surprisingky tactical and strategic if you want it to be.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count

11. Re: DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count Mar 23, 2020, 16:57 bigspender

There's so much good in Doom Eternal but so much that annoys me about it as well.

The combat feels perfect. But there is so much bloat in between it all:

-Awful platforming (why so much of it? yeah I get it you made a wall climbing mechanic).

-And nonsensical mario-esque fireball traps and rotating fire chains (floating in mid air) everywhere, really strange.

-The popup tutorials that pause the game, I think I got to shoot the gun about 5 times in the opening level and there were just as many pop ups and pauses. It seems to do this throughout the game. Please just let me shoot things in my Doom game lol (is this some mobile app game design creeping in?)

-I also don't like that they tell you how to shoot a monster - because you might be too dumb to notice that the flashing red is the weak spot? (and when the mancubus comes out, it totally spoils the surprise of it coming out! It pauses the game, and tells you a mancubus is coming out and shoot it here for more damage.... wowwwwwww!!! )

-The teleportation to tutorial rooms even though you're in the middle of a level is a sin in any game, let alone doom.

-They also never give you enough ammo which virtually forces you to use melee and chainsaw constantly. It makes the combat more repetitive than it needs to be. I like the idea of using the enemies as ammo and health drops but it's too much here. I'm forced to do it.

-Also the fetch quests you have to do in your home base and even on some levels it's a chore.

All of that just seems like they are too scared to let people just enjoy the awesome combat.

And a personal gripe is the story. I loved the idea of being some dude that just happened to be on mars (or earth) when a demonic invasion happened. You take your stimpaks and rip and tear because you're a badass. The comic book of the 90s captured this so well.

But the whole "you're a slayer" and the "doom universe" thing is really contrived. And I don't like the parts of the game that look like they are out Warframe or heaven levels from Diablo 3. Futuristic bases and buildings, and some crazy hell stuff, and throw in some alien ruins for good measure. But having weird medieval style worlds with contrived traps to set off seems really weird to me.

But I love the combat, and I love how there is a lot of monster in-fighting and I love how mobile the enemies are. Often they are already running before you even enter a room, so it doesn't feel like you've just triggered their "attack" AI code when they detect you. it makes it seem like they were already there fighting and you're just part of the chaos. Or they're the ones ambushing you. It's great.

News Comments > Prey 2 Hint in DOOM Eternal?

11. Re: Prey 2 Hint in DOOM Eternal? Mar 22, 2020, 20:16 bigspender

El Pit wrote on Mar 22, 2020, 14:58:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 22, 2020, 14:51:
I pray for Prey 2. Let's see if JDreyer can top that horrifically poor pun.

But would you pay for Prey 2?

If it's online only it'll be Free 2 Prey

News Comments > Into the Black

12. Re: Into the Black Mar 19, 2020, 07:10 bigspender

Jonjonz wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 06:45:
Written by a true believer in authoritarian top down surveillance.

Get a grip, this is not "Contagion", it is not Yellow Fever, it is not the black plague, it a flu that is only slightly more deadly than every other flu we have seen in this lifetime, yet the "put the binders on me as fast as you can" subs of the world see this as their Orwellian wet dream.

The most concrete and productive thing to learn from this is "wet markets" need to go, so there are fewer and more spaced out epidemics.

Yeah but the stock market is ducked, my house lost 15 percent of res value last week, school is out. Mass unemployment.

We can't let this happen again. No more animal agriculture please. Have veggie burger or impossible burger or whatever until clean lab grown meat is market ready, because this is really bad. Not the disease so much, but the rest of it sucks balls.

News Comments > Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem "Second Dawn" Plans

4. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Mar 14, 2020, 19:52 bigspender

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 14, 2020, 15:53:
Sweet, this game should be ready to go by the time I get around to it in 8-12 months.

By which time it'll be crushed by Diablo 4 and PoE 4.0 lol

News Comments > Megacopter: Blades of the Goddess

4. Re: Megacopter: Blades of the Goddess Mar 14, 2020, 18:58 bigspender

haha! I was wondering when someone would do a spiritual successor to the Desert Strike, Jungle strike style games.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Warzone Attracts 6 Million; Player Count to Expand

10. Re: Call of Duty: Warzone Attracts 6 Million; Player Count to Expand Mar 13, 2020, 04:49 bigspender

I'm enjoying Plunder mode, because I'm usually first to die in BattleRoyal games so being able to respawn is really nice.  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Launch Trailer

1. Re: DOOM Eternal Launch Trailer Mar 12, 2020, 21:23 bigspender

Coop and mod support plz.
Looks and sounds great otherwise.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2020, 19:56 bigspender

Dietary supplement reduces methane emissions from cows by a quarter.

Not eating beef reduces it way more, and your dick will keep working too.

News Comments > Comanche Early Access Takes Off

1. Re: Comanche Early Access Takes Off Mar 12, 2020, 19:05 bigspender

It looks like someone got Mechwarrior 5 and put helicopters into the maps instead of mechs....  

News Comments > Ubisoft May Replace E3 With "Digital Experience"

13. Re: Ubisoft May Replace E3 With Mar 12, 2020, 01:20 bigspender

honestly a digital thing is a great idea for the simple reason that it won't be anywhere near as cringy as the stage shows

but I'm happy to be proven wrong with digitally delivered cringe.

News Comments > E3 2020 Officially Cancelled

21. Re: E3 2020 Officially Cancelled Mar 11, 2020, 16:17 bigspender

Can't they just do it all online? I mean most of the world watches e3 through a bunch of online sources anyway.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2020, 03:38 bigspender

The US Military Is Getting Serious About Laser Weapons.

It's a shame the lasers are all in the invisible spectrum, because war won't look anywhere near as cool as in the sci-fi movies.

But having your squad mates spontaneously combust from an invisible laser beam will be a hell of a kick to morale.

News Comments > Wolcen Sells 1M

3. Re: Wolcen Sells 1M Mar 5, 2020, 18:54 bigspender

It's not a good game at all. Combat is boring.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Rework This Month

1. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Rework This Month Mar 5, 2020, 18:46 bigspender

Give me grappling hook already  

1674 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >