Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 1388 (Pro)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2018, 19:13 bigspender

The Flu Nearly Killed Him. Now He Says 'Get The Vaccine.'

Or we can stop all animal agriculture, eat plant-based meat (until lab grown meat comes out) and the flu will go extinct......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G20cooZOiYE

I mean I've been to a vegan steakhouse, let's not live like industrialized goat herds.

News Comments > DCS: F-14 Tomcat Preorders
14. Re: DCS: F-14 Tomcat Preorders Oct 9, 2018, 17:29 bigspender

Numinar wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 03:07:
I wish there was a DCS level Battletech/Gundam/Macross game, it would be so good!

I know someone personally that is making one, an indie dev, there will be a "prologue" style game coming out around xmas time (followed by the usual kickstarter thing to help fund the full campaign) - perhaps sooner if anyone knows a 3d artist that has a similar vision and doesn't mind working for free until things take off, because two people do things faster than one

3. Re: DCS: F-14 Tomcat Preorders Oct 8, 2018, 20:51 bigspender

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 8, 2018, 20:37:
I wouldn't really call mastering all the radar modes "child's play".
You do in fact not "just lock on". It can be pretty tricky to even spot, identify (IFF was pretty crappy in the Tomcat in so far as the ID capabilities were much shorter range than its standard weaponry *), track and then lock on a target depending on its range, altitude, speed, AoA, size/profile, (E)CM and so on.

Remember if you play the game in sim mode (instead of game mode) then this is DSC World and study level. You don't typically just press 'T' to lock on the nearest enemy target and squeeze the trigger.

You first have to master the skill of getting to the point that allows you to even spot bogies reliably. Then track them. Then lock on. And then maybe squeeze... unless the other guy squeezed first Wink .

* from Wikipedia:

Until the waning days of Desert Storm, in-country air superiority was tasked to USAF F-15 Eagles due to the way the Air Tasking Orders (ATO) delegated primary overland CAP stations to the F-15 Eagle. The governing Rules of Engagement (ROE) also dictated a strict Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) requirement when employing Beyond Visual Range weapons such as the AIM-7 Sparrow and particularly the AIM-54 Phoenix. This hampered the Tomcat from using its most powerful weapon.

The threat management and situational awareness can get very complicated, but I'm talking specifically about the combat capability - using a heat-seeker is as easy as pointing your nose at an enemy, it does auto-lock on and then you just press your trigger to launch the homing missile.

And that's exactly what I would recommend people do if they want to get into this beautiful plane. Like I mentioned, a fuel tanker stands no chance against an F-14

This thing will look just superb in VR too.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2018, 20:32 bigspender

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this gem I found on reddit: DAIKATANA 3 lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/9md2vn/daikatana_3_john_romeros_about_to_scratch_that/

News Comments > Antigraviator Viper Trails Released
1. Re: Antigraviator Viper Trails Released Oct 8, 2018, 20:30 bigspender

looks fun, but you can't even the track with the way the camera stretches out so much as you gain speed  

1. Re: DCS: F-14 Tomcat Preorders Oct 8, 2018, 20:16 bigspender

Wooooow! That just looks amazing. DCS isn't an easy game to get into, but since the F-14 is a two seater, learning with a friend would be very fun.

Despite the complexity of a modern fighter jet, one thing in them is easy to do - killing stuff. They're designed to make that part child's play. Just lock on and squeeze the trigger at the right time.

The tricky part is going up against someone who knows how to counter your moves, so start off with some big, slow, and easy targets like a fuel tanker and gain some confidence :-)

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Oct 6, 2018, 01:19 bigspender

Oh great another origin story movie which will end up with a blue light beam going into the sky.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com
34. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 6, 2018, 01:16 bigspender

The sword is to weak. Uninstalled.  

News Comments > Limit Theory Cancelled
49. Re: Limit Theory Cancelled Oct 4, 2018, 20:24 bigspender

It's a shame, the game looked good, and I think that is what the problem was. It appears that he spent a lot of time on polishing things (which is something you do at the end, not at the start) instead of putting in the core of the game.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 4, 2018, 20:22 bigspender

hah that's a really cool thing for uber to do - I have a feeling restaurants around polling booths will be happy  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2018, 20:22 bigspender

I worked at KFC as teenager(many moons ago in a city far far away)

They used the exact same chicken you buy in any local store - which is a 6 week old genetic mutant that grows to full size as a baby and lives its short and miserable life in the dark in its own feces. Legs often not growing fast enough and break under the weight of its body.

Whether you cook it yourself at home or have a teenager stick it into an oil vat really doesn't make much difference to the quality.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2018, 18:00 bigspender

Military Helicopters Flyby Under Brooklyn Bridge in NYC. Seems like a bad ideal.

Nap of the earth flying is a regular thing for military helicopters. Takes a bit of skill as you can imagine, it's a skill worth learning, because in a modern combat environment, if you are seen, you're pretty much being shot at.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer
11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer Sep 25, 2018, 18:40 bigspender

The thing I don't like about BF5 da because it's just too similar to bf1. It feels more like a mod or DLC. Not a fresh new game.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer
7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer Sep 25, 2018, 02:55 bigspender

Definitely the best BR game so far. But that's not saying much. After the initial thrill of BR.... the whole concept is flawed. It's a shooter that encourages you not to shoot if you want to win. Hide and only shoot the last player or two. Otherwise you're ruining your odds. They need to give you a reason to take players out, which doesn't also massively disadvantage you since it gives you away. And each engagement lowers your odds of winning.

News Comments > Vox Machinae Early Access Nears
5. Re: Vox Machinae Early Access Nears Sep 14, 2018, 02:07 bigspender

Love the idea of it, but looks very cumbersome. But I guess many VR games look that way in video, and are fine when playing them.  

News Comments > DOOM Movie Reboot May Skip Theaters
13. Re: DOOM Movie Reboot May Skip Theaters Sep 6, 2018, 18:16 bigspender

Come on guys, we all know that women didn't exist until after ww2, and they probably won't exist in the future. And even now they have cooties. So it's just not accurate to have them anywhere. /sarcasm

Seriously though, having a woman in a particular role can often make it appear that they are cast similar to the token black guy. The actor and character have to fit the role, regardless of race or sex.

News Comments > Battlefield V Open Beta Preloads
9. Re: For Honor Beta Concludes Today Sep 5, 2018, 21:50 bigspender

Slick wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 22:36:
Beamer wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 18:18:
inveigle88 wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 18:12:
Reject all forms of Cultural Marxism.

I prefer to resist stupid buzzwords (especially those that originated in white supremacy) that are frequently used by easily offended snowflakes that are so terrified of women that putting one in a video game makes them boycott.

So I was talking g with an old battlefield friend earlier... Guy I've known for over 10 years... And well, I honestly don't think well be speaking much after he wrote this straight-faced:

"my problem is why they did it, not that they did it, and really their response is what made me a bit tilted.  women don't play bf, sjws don't play bf, vegan soy boy third wave feminists don't play bf, we play bf, level headed normal guys who just want to have a really kick butt murder simulator"

Yeah... The world seems to be in a race to the bottom...

Well I'm a soy boy that plays bf. My diet changed, but not my gaming habits. If anything I'm more right wing since, but it's still very clear putting the option into bf to be female is not political, they are simply representing their customer base. It's good business sense. Not sure why so many gamers are acting like they themselves are being forced to have a sex change lol

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
23. Re: removed Aug 30, 2018, 18:37 bigspender

Thanks Beamer, I honestly didn't know it was a slur. And I never would have because my entire post was deleted.

Apologies if I've offended anyone about their sexuality. I'm fine with offending people for other things though :p

News Comments > EA's Jacksonville Tribute
21. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 30, 2018, 18:30 bigspender

I've always wondered what it would take to get a refund from EA. You have to get shot. That's what it takes to get some money from them.  

News Comments > Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed
14. Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed Aug 30, 2018, 17:48 bigspender

I hope they make it coop this time (like they promised with the first game, and it never happened lol).

I was an NS1 (not so much NS2) fan from a long time ago, so I can forgive Charlie and his small team. But now that they've made a gazillion dollaz with Subnautica, I expect to see some COOP

1388 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo