Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 1207 (Pro)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > theHunter- Call of the Wild Early Access
7. Re: theHunter- Call of the Wild Early Access Feb 18, 2017, 07:06 bigspender

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 20:42:
bigspender wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 17:27:
I love to shoot helpless animals. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAWWWW. It makes me feel like a man despite my micro penis when I use a gun that someone way smarter than me made.

Yep, 'cause mankind never killed animals until rich dorks decided to shoot them with guns for entertainment. Rolleyes

I'm strongly opposed to other methods of animal harm too. But the game isn't about that so I didn't feel the need to mention it. And that's a stupid argument anyway, you're trying to justify something because of "other people do it/did it". That kind of reasoning would allowed me to rape, murder and do whatever else humanity does that isn't ethical. Because other people do those things...it makes it all fine

6. Re: On Sale Feb 18, 2017, 06:02 bigspender

Kxmode wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 02:01:
jacobvandy wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 20:42:
Yep, 'cause mankind never killed animals until rich dorks decided to shoot them with guns for entertainment.

I know right? I guess it would be telling to remind him that humanity is rife with examples. For example, the ancient Assyrians loved to hunt animals for sport. Assyrian king Ashurbanipal [Ash-Er-Ban-Eh-Pool] (687-627 BC) had lions captured, imported and then released. The British Museum and Its Collections states, "the hunt itself was often more of a massacre than a contest."* (page 245, just above paragraph 8) The Assyrians also hunted humans in ruthless warfare. At Nahum 3:1, Bible writer Nahum referred to Ninevah (the Assyrian capital) as a "city of bloodshed," and with good reason. Soldiers played catch with human heads. Ashurbanipal once boasted, "Many captives from among them I burned with fire ... From some, I cut off their noses, their ears, and their fingers ... of many I put out the eyes. I made one pillar of the living, and another of heads."

I think a video game about hunting virtual wild animals is considerably better.

* you can see the Assyrians killing a lion via an Assyrian wall carving on pages 246-247 of the British Museum collection catalog.

So because people hunted for food out of necessity in the past, and because some other people in history were brutal, we should tolerate the animal suffering for sport and to boost someone's ego?

Honestly I'm glad if people play this game instead of going out to kill real animals who don't want to die for someone's misguided sense of pleasure. But what I'm saying is that the people who hunt in real life, this day and age, as massive c**ts.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2017, 18:37 bigspender

If they want to bring back extinct species, it should be ones that actually still have an environment to live in. Especially those that have gone extinct due to humanities doing. It would be ethical then.

But it's not ethical to bring back a creature for entertainment. That's wrong.

2. Re: theHunter- Call of the Wild Early Access Feb 17, 2017, 17:27 bigspender

I love to shoot helpless animals. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAWWWW. It makes me feel like a man despite my micro penis when I use a gun that someone way smarter than me made.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Winter Update
7. Re: Battlefield 1 Winter Update Feb 15, 2017, 08:21 bigspender

DangerDog wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 20:35:
bigspender wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 18:04:
Are there new guns to unlock?

nope

What was I thinking They're of course going to save that for the DLC

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Winter Update
5. Re: Battlefield 1 Winter Update Feb 14, 2017, 18:04 bigspender

Are there new guns to unlock?  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2017, 18:23 bigspender

Where I live, when patients are too big to fit in the hospital CT machine, they actually send them to the local zoo, because they have a CT scanner big enough for zoo animals.

"Your turn is next, right after the rhino is finished, sir."

How embarrassing :S

News Comments > Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures
15. Re: On Sale Feb 7, 2017, 02:22 bigspender

Kxmode wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 02:01:
Screenshot for those of us on peasant computers.

Thank you

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2017, 19:29 bigspender

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 19:53:
That wasn't a TV series in the normal sense, more of a miniseries. A Dune series on the scale of the Battlestar Galactica remake, if well done, would be very cool.

Indeed!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2017, 18:51 bigspender

TheVocalMinority wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 07:00:
bigspender wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 19:50:
Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 11:12:
btw they are rebooting the Dune series again

It's official -- Legendary Pictures has signed the very talented Denis Villeneuve to direct the exciting new DUNE series film project.

Now that's actually a movie that needs rebooting. The first half of it is excellent, but then they ran out of money or time or both, because the 2nd half of the movie is really rushed. Perhaps it needed to be several movies or a even a series.

Yeah if only someone made a Dune TV series, that would be awesome...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142032/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

I mean a good one

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2017, 19:50 bigspender

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 11:12:
btw they are rebooting the Dune series again

It's official -- Legendary Pictures has signed the very talented Denis Villeneuve to direct the exciting new DUNE series film project.

Now that's actually a movie that needs rebooting. The first half of it is excellent, but then they ran out of money or time or both, because the 2nd half of the movie is really rushed. Perhaps it needed to be several movies or a even a series.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2017, 19:47 bigspender

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 09:30:
No, not our bacon reserves!!!!

Awww guys you break my heart, pigs are just like fat dogs https://www.facebook.com/estherthewonderpig/videos/1212415238865698/

Reach for the smoked paprika instead

(also bacon gives you cancer.... according to the W.H.O.)

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 31, 2017, 01:25 bigspender

PETA do a lot of good awareness raising, but this seems a bit misguided, and hurts their credibility.

Also I'm pretty sure that in the 41st millennium they would be wearing faux fur, with carbon reinforcement to withstand endless war, and open space.

News Comments > Free X-COM: UFO Defense
5. Re: Free X-COM: UFO Defense Jan 31, 2017, 01:19 bigspender

joink  

News Comments > Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter
10. Re: Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter Jan 26, 2017, 02:54 bigspender

You get to make choices

What's the bet this will just be a cover based meat-grinder?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 7, 2017, 17:07 bigspender

CES: Smart technology, for dumb people....  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 7, 2017, 16:55 bigspender

30FPS LOL. The original Doom ran at 37FPS some 23 years ago....  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2016, 19:48 bigspender

A chemical imbalance in the brain could be causing people to exercise less, study finds.

Glad to see they are acknowledging that weight loss has very little to do with exercise.

Oh and Happy New Year to all of those that survived 2016

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2016, 17:28 bigspender

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 13:29:
I'm ready to chomp down on Battlefield 1 but it's a rough time trying to find a retailer who isn't asking $65+ even when on sale.

Anyone know if Origin uses regional pricing? Because it's 40% off which brings it down to $48 from the $80 standard price which matches the Canadian price of new AAA titles.

GreenManGaming had it for a good price before it was released, not sure what it's like now though.

60. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2016, 17:46 bigspender

jdreyer wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 03:11:
bigspender wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 18:42:

That's why you'll see me in this section often responding to health related news articles, and promoting books by Dr. Michael Greger, Dr. Neal Barnard, Dr. Cadwell Esselstyn, Dr. John McDougall, T. Colin Campbell, Dr. Dean Ornish and so on. I believe these are truly non-biased portals to honest health research.

Is there a big difference among the various programs by these doctors? Dr. Esselstyn's seems stricter than Ornish's for example.

That's true Dr. Esselstyn does seem a bit stricter. It could be because he was trying to reverse the cardiovascular disease in older people, rather than preventing it in younger people, so it might take more effort to reverse the years of damage. Or maybe because he's old and that's just how things were done back then lol, I'm not really sure

But they all in all, they are all essentially advocating a whole foods plant based way of eating.

A good one to start with is The Negative Calorie Effect by Neal Barnard, it's a very short book, so it spends more time explaining the overall principles instead of getting into the details of the research. And on the opposite there is How Not To Die by Dr. Greger, which almost entirely explains research one by one if you like the details.

1207 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo