Total Posts
1755 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1755 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    88  ] Older

Re: RTX Fortnite Thursday
Sep 15, 2020, 18:07
Re: RTX Fortnite Thursday Sep 15, 2020, 18:07
Sep 15, 2020, 18:07

What I really want is 4k at 144hz. Hell I'd be happy for a steady 60fps min at 4k (in all games not just fortnite which I dont play). Could not care less about realistic reflections or some subtle shadow differences if it's going halve my frame rate.

Re: PC Panzer Dragoon: Remake
Sep 11, 2020, 18:08
Re: PC Panzer Dragoon: Remake Sep 11, 2020, 18:08
Sep 11, 2020, 18:08

I'll happily make a new game. Someone PM me $500k so I can hire a small team.

Re: GRAVEN Announced
Sep 7, 2020, 00:48
Re: GRAVEN Announced Sep 7, 2020, 00:48
Sep 7, 2020, 00:48

Cant wait to play this coop

Re: Teardown Trailer
Aug 31, 2020, 20:19
Re: Teardown Trailer Aug 31, 2020, 20:19
Aug 31, 2020, 20:19

This is the kind of stuff I thought Battlefield would get to, but they stagnated on their destruction tech.

Re: Saturday Tech Bits
Aug 31, 2020, 07:22
Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 31, 2020, 07:22
Aug 31, 2020, 07:22

That aint no way to treat a lovely pig. They are smarter than dogs, not that any animals deserve to be tested on.

Surely stem cell and cloning body parts is far more effective and applicable.

Re: DOOM Eternal - The Ancient Gods, Part One in October
Aug 28, 2020, 19:41
Re: DOOM Eternal - The Ancient Gods, Part One in October Aug 28, 2020, 19:41
Aug 28, 2020, 19:41

Doom Eternal wants to be Warframe so bad lol. Just be yourself Doom.

Re: Prince of Persia Remake Revealed?
Aug 19, 2020, 23:05
Re: Prince of Persia Remake Revealed? Aug 19, 2020, 23:05
Aug 19, 2020, 23:05

I would love a good remake of PoP Sands of Time. That's easily the best one, and the combat is really fun.

Re: Out of the Blue
Aug 19, 2020, 19:27
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2020, 19:27
Aug 19, 2020, 19:27

More than 30 fires burning in California amid heat wave outlines the severity of this year's return of the seemingly annual wildfire problem. Best of luck to everyone on the west coast, here's hoping you stay safe.

This is the 3rd time my uncle has lost is home in as many decades. And I have to be honest: when people say best of luck and hopes and prays and all of that, while they are daily contributing to the fires through lifestyle choices, it's a bit of a slap in the face.

Re: Apple's Epic Threat to Epic
Aug 18, 2020, 04:44
Re: Apple's Epic Threat to Epic Aug 18, 2020, 04:44
Aug 18, 2020, 04:44

Alpaca San wrote on Aug 18, 2020, 01:00:
Apple is a Monopoly, not a duopoly. If I own an Apple Device, I have no choice but to go through their app store to get apps. It is irrelevant if Microsoft or Google provide a similar device, once I have the device, I am locked in to their app store.

That's a closed software environment, not a monopoly.

Re: G.I. Joe: Operation Blackout Announcement
Aug 13, 2020, 18:29
Re: G.I. Joe: Operation Blackout Announcement Aug 13, 2020, 18:29
Aug 13, 2020, 18:29

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 13, 2020, 13:36:
Why couldn't they Battlefield this with vehicles? I'd be all over it

Vehicles sold separately.

Re: Next BioShock Set in a
Aug 12, 2020, 02:29
Re: Next BioShock Set in a Aug 12, 2020, 02:29
Aug 12, 2020, 02:29

I'm a huge system shock fan, especially SS2. But bioshock always felt contrived to me, by the time it got to Infinity, it was well up it's own ass. Something always off about the whole games too.I'll keep a look out for this for interests sake, but I think SS3 and the SS1 remake will probably appeal to me a lot more.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 — Night City Wire- Episode 2
Aug 11, 2020, 06:27
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 — Night City Wire- Episode 2 Aug 11, 2020, 06:27
Aug 11, 2020, 06:27

El Pit wrote on Aug 11, 2020, 06:25:
bigspender wrote on Aug 11, 2020, 06:20:
For a game with a lot of shooting, the shooting looks incredibly underwhelming.

For an RPG, it looks alright to me. This is no Doom and does not want to be your run-of-the-mill FPS.

The guns in Borderlands have a lot of feel, and that's an RPG. Even Mass Effect 2 and 3 felt pretty good.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 — Night City Wire- Episode 2
Aug 11, 2020, 06:20
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 — Night City Wire- Episode 2 Aug 11, 2020, 06:20
Aug 11, 2020, 06:20

For a game with a lot of shooting, the shooting looks incredibly underwhelming.

Re: Play Borderlands 3 for Free on Steam
Aug 7, 2020, 06:19
Re: Play Borderlands 3 for Free on Steam Aug 7, 2020, 06:19
Aug 7, 2020, 06:19

Yikes, that's costing you about $100 just to store the game on your PC lol

Re: Hellbound Released
Aug 6, 2020, 22:17
Re: Hellbound Released Aug 6, 2020, 22:17
Aug 6, 2020, 22:17

I love the graphics, but the guns just don't feel fun to shoot *shrugs*

Aug 3, 2020, 06:56
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2020, 06:56
Aug 3, 2020, 06:56

Dirwulf wrote on Aug 2, 2020, 21:38:
bigspender wrote on Aug 2, 2020, 17:21:
Wilford Brimley, 'Cocoon' and 'The Natural' Actor, Dead at 85.

RIP - loved him in "The Thing" and in Seinfeld.

But also The American Diabetes Association honored Brimley in 2008 for decades spent imploring viewers to check their blood sugar. does bugger all. We've known for quite some time that type 2 diabetes is due to the over-consumption of saturated fat. High blood sugar is just a symptom of the fat keep the sugar in the blood.

We can actually see it with our own eyes thanks to MRI machines. The fat blocks insulin from opening the cells, and feeding them sugar. Therefore the sugar lingers in the blood. So unblock the sink, instead of turning off the tap - address the cause, not the symptom.

And it's crap advice like that from the ADA that kept Brimley on diabetus medication for decades, when the whole time he was about 2 weeks away from being diabetes free. All he had to do is stop eating saturated fat for a while https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-diabetes/

The medication Brimley was on, is likely what destroyed his kidneys. The side effects of drugs like metformin are nasty. But at least he didn't get fornes gangrene (don't google it if you are eating)

I'm not so sure about that. I'm not overweight, I don't eat saturated fats, and I have type II diabetes. My pancreas has stopped producing insulin without some prodding through medication (not metformin). No amount of diet is going to fix that. Diet does help me regulate blood sugar, however, but I would still need insulin one way or another.

You might be surprised how much saturated fat you eat. If you consume dairy (which is anywhere between 50-70% fat by calories) or meat (even the leanest cuts are 30% fat by calories). They try to "get you" by only writing the % of fat by weight, which is not a true representation of what's in the food, because water in meat cooks off, and of course water in milk & cheese makes up most of the weight, but of course water has no calories. The other thing is 1g of fat is over double the calories of 1g of protein, so there is far more fat in meat / dairy that people often realise.

I was pre-diabetic, and just as the video says, completely reversed in a few weeks on diet change. I was lucky enough to read Dr. Neal Barnard's Reversing Diabetes book. From what I understand some people have had diabetes so long it wears out their pancreases ability to create insulin, and to that would be hard to live with so you have my condolences sir :-)

Aug 3, 2020, 06:50
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2020, 06:50
Aug 3, 2020, 06:50

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 2, 2020, 22:33:
bigspender wrote on Aug 2, 2020, 17:21:
And it's crap advice like that from the ADA that kept Brimley on diabetus medication for decades, when the whole time he was about 2 weeks away from being diabetes free. All he had to do is stop eating saturated fat for a while https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-diabetes/
One quarter of the people in five years. Just a bit more than 2 weeks for a 1 in 4 chance. That's assuming they didn't miss some other factor... (based simply on your video, I make no claims of my own)
Are you referring to the low carb diet study he said not to do in the video?

Aug 2, 2020, 17:21
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2020, 17:21
Aug 2, 2020, 17:21

Wilford Brimley, 'Cocoon' and 'The Natural' Actor, Dead at 85.

RIP - loved him in "The Thing" and in Seinfeld.

But also The American Diabetes Association honored Brimley in 2008 for decades spent imploring viewers to check their blood sugar. does bugger all. We've known for quite some time that type 2 diabetes is due to the over-consumption of saturated fat. High blood sugar is just a symptom of the fat keep the sugar in the blood.

We can actually see it with our own eyes thanks to MRI machines. The fat blocks insulin from opening the cells, and feeding them sugar. Therefore the sugar lingers in the blood. So unblock the sink, instead of turning off the tap - address the cause, not the symptom.

The medication Brimley was on, is likely what destroyed his kidneys. The side effects of drugs like metformin are nasty. But at least he didn't get fornes gangrene (don't google it if you are eating)

Re: etc., etc.
Jul 31, 2020, 20:16
Re: etc., etc. Jul 31, 2020, 20:16
Jul 31, 2020, 20:16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xY_D8SMNtE

Love this clip of Joe Rogan. But seriously though, anyone with 1/2 a brain should stopped taking that guy seriously when he said that our brains can read the signals from 5g towers....

Re: People Can Fly Announce AAA Title
Jul 30, 2020, 20:04
Re: People Can Fly Announce AAA Title Jul 30, 2020, 20:04
Jul 30, 2020, 20:04

MonsterMan wrote on Jul 30, 2020, 15:09:
Painkiller reboot or new entry into the series.... please!?

Sounds like it's going to be a new IP if they are saying "original AAA game"

They haven't really announced anything, I hate it when companies do this. Get back to me when you have some gameplay, otherwise it's just wasting my time