Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason Romano

Real Name Jason Romano   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hudson187
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://www.lanmonkeys.com
Signed On Feb 28, 2006, 19:24
Total Comments 27 (Suspect)
User ID 24472

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlezone Return Plans
21. Re: Battlezone Return Plans Jun 17, 2015, 22:04 Hudson187

I was hoping for a remake/sequel to the late 90's ones as well. However, the develops for those have continued to update the games so they are playable on modern systems with widescreen/res enhancements. I recently just played through the USA campaign of part 1 -- check them out. You can download BZ 1 and its expansion for free, however you need the retail of BZ2 for the patch.

http://www.battlezone1.com/

http://matesfamily.org/bz2/

Also, the Uprising games are like BZ, but I don't think there is a digital release of them... yet.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
61. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 21:36 Hudson187

I'm married with a 8 month old and a 40/hr week job (sometimes longer) with my wife who works 40/hr week and goes to school at night for nursing; haven't had much time if any at all to game, especially on PC. I find myself playing PSP or 3DS in bed for 20 minutes or so, at 10:30 at night, right before I pass out and start again the next day. My backlog is huge; started some really great games (FC3, Skyrim, GTAV, etc) but haven't finished any. Really wanted to get FC4 and some of the other indie releases (Xenonauts especially) but fear I won't be able to touch them for some time.  

General Discussion > Blues News T-Shirts?
1. Blues News T-Shirts? Oct 30, 2014, 06:08 Hudson187

Are they still available for sale?  

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
45. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 21:36 Hudson187

Task wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 18:11:
The sad part is many of the younger generation of gamers will buy into this. The "prequel generation" that wasn't entirely sure what their Mom and Dad were talking about the "old better Star Wars ruined by the evil Lord Lucas."

They will discover their Mom or Dad's copy of TIE Fighter and try to play it and be all, like "ah this has stooopid graphics and its too hard. Also it doesn't have my favorite Jedi or Jar Jar in it."

With any of you older games here with kids, it is our duty to show them the better SW of yore and the gaming boom that occurred from it in the late 90s, 00s. They must not go to the Dark Side of Lord Lucas.

^ This.

My wife and I are having our first this March and this child of mine, my spawn, WILL be subjected to the games that I grew up with. No XboxONE, no PS4, no iPad. My child is getting a DOS 6.22 based PC and a NES. Let this child see and feel what imagination is, what awesome is. 16-Bit will then enter their world, along with a Win98 based PC. Nothing newer than that until they are 16...

News Comments > SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand
25. Re: SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand Mar 7, 2013, 22:18 Hudson187

I had ordered my retail copy from Amazon -- came in on Tuesday. I got around to installing it last night and tried to play it tonight. I first sat in "queue" for 45 minutes... yes... 45 minutes. Then, I got into the title screen where the game "tried" to load the tutorial, but never loaded the map as I kept losing connection to the server. I have just requested a RMA from Amazon so I can send them back this POS. Yes, the key is connected to my account, but I can assure you I'm also uninstalling Origin since BF3 has turned into a cheatfest anyway. I'm truly disappointed in Maxis; I will NEVER give either Maxis or EA my $$ again. I'm still extremely bothered by the fact that a SP game REQUIRES a constant internet connection -- that requirement alone should have been enough to warn me, but I put faith in Maxis and the SimCity franchise. At this point I'd rather play SimCity on SNES.  

News Comments > C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer
44. Re: C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer Aug 15, 2012, 19:21 Hudson187

And I just canceled my pre-order from Amazon.

I've enjoyed the hell out of the first Generals and its expansion Zero Hour; many nights of coop compstomps.

Thanks again, EA.

News Comments > Just Cause 2 Demo
33. Re: Just Cause 2 Demo Mar 4, 2010, 20:29 Hudson187

Game runs well maxed out on my C2D E8500 O/C to 3.7, 8gig ram and 8800GT SLI. Reminds me of Red Faction Guerrilla (really enjoyed that game) - going to pick this up using my $15 amazon credit from SupCom2. I should also note that amazon is offering a $15 game credit and release day shipping on Just Cause 2.  

News Comments > Aliens vs Predator Alien Trailer
7. Re: Age verification... Feb 11, 2010, 18:53 Hudson187

Heads up - Game Informer gave AvP a 5 out of 10 saying its repetitive and lackluster...  

News Comments > Borderlands: Zombie Island of Dr. Ned Trailer
2. Re: Borderlands: Zombie Island of Dr. Ned Trailer Nov 24, 2009, 07:44 Hudson187

I'm just hoping they release it in a "timely" fashion - hopefully only a week or two behind the console release...  

News Comments > Slight Borderlands PC Delay
6. Re: Slight Borderlands PC Delay Sep 23, 2009, 13:25 Hudson187

I'm really looking forward to this game, more for the MP aspect. I have the PC version pre-ordered as well... I just really hope it doesn't suck or suffer from the console flu...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Order of War
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Order of War Sep 22, 2009, 11:57 Hudson187

I played the demo - its basically a WW2 WiC, but defiantly not as good. I'll pick it up when it hits the bargain bin.  

News Comments > Jedi Knight Games Rereleased
30. Re: Jedi Knight Games Rereleased Sep 16, 2009, 23:24 Hudson187

I was really considering re-buying all of these games on Steam (I still own all the original discs, etc), but I think I'm actually going to pass. Why? Because I just built a "Classic Gaming Box" that sports a 1.4ghz Athlon, VooDoo5 AGP card, 512MB of ram along with a Sound Blaster running Windows 98SE. I loved the old Star Wars games; still get the urge to play Tie Fighter every now and then, so I think I'm better off just running it on legacy hardware. Don't get me wrong, I love DosBox and GOG, but there's nothing like playing the mech2 glide version or Tie Fighter with my old radioshack gameport joystick  

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Aug 29, 2009, 09:57 Hudson187

I snagged Sniper Elite - great game for 5 bucks!  

News Comments > Warcraft III/Diablo II Patch Status
2. Re: Warcraft III/Diablo II Patch Status Jul 2, 2009, 08:52 Hudson187

LOL.

I am looking forward to the 1.13 D2 patch. BRING ON D3!

News Comments > Stormrise Patch Axed
1. Re: Stormrise Patch Axed Apr 30, 2009, 11:32 Hudson187

Seems like they are already abandoning the game due to poor sales - and overall crappiness.  

News Comments > GameAgent Sale
4. Re: Cryostasis Apr 27, 2009, 16:56 Hudson187

I just bought Men of War on amazon for $27.99! DOH! Oh well - at least I have a disc...and a dvd case...  

News Comments > FileFront Closing
9. Re: FileFront Closing Mar 25, 2009, 22:40 Hudson187

Anyone think its an April fools joke?  

News Comments > Crysis Warhead 64-bit Status
2. Re: ... Sep 19, 2008, 11:12 Hudson187

What are your system specs? I have a 2.4 Operton Dual core, 3gb of ram and an 8800GT 512 running Vista 32bit and have HORRIBLE frame rates @ 1280x1024 "gamer" settings... I am going to mess around tonight with some settings and drivers and see if I can improve performance.

News Comments > Crysis Warhead Nears
39. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2008, 20:53 Hudson187

I agree with JayDeath - its bulls*$T that honest paying customers have to deal with this crap that is supposed to prevent pirating. Guess what - the game will still get cracked and will still be pirated, no matter what you do. Instead of implementing this shoddy, aggravating security systems, you should get rid of it completely and invest in giving paying customers benefits such as limited edition versions and a dedicated team of people to work on improving the game in the future instead of ditching it a year after its released. As an avid and longtime PC gamer, I really hope developers start to realize that this crap is causing decreased sales, not the pirating. The sooner they do, the better off we are and PC gaming will continue to improve and hopefully thrive again as it once did.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 15:23.

News Comments > Crysis Warhead Nears
37. Re: Steam vs Retail Sep 17, 2008, 19:26 Hudson187

I just picked this up from Gamestop in Newtown, CT - it does indeed on the box say "Internet Connection Required for Product Activation" - damn you EA!

27 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo