Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3364 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal
5. Re: BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal Nov 2, 2015, 11:57 CJ_Parker

F-U-C-K!!!

There goes another game and falls victim to the lulzpwned crowd *sigh*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Another New Steam User Record
12. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 1, 2015, 17:18 CJ_Parker

NKD wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 16:23:
Growth is growth, but we should be careful not to portray Steam as millions of users willing and eager to buy full price games. A large majority of users don't spend any meaningful amount of money.

True dat. I actually have a pretty huge Steam library (day one Steam account) of over 300 games but I'm neither willing nor eager to pay full price for ANY digital game.

"Owning" games on Steam is like rent. They can fuck you over any way they please by withdrawing the game, changing it significantly (see GTA music tracks removal) or simply delete your entire account for the lulz.

That's why I'm usually not paying more than $9.99 for a digital copy of any game. I'll admit I'm weak and there were a few exceptions where I paid more but usually I choose to rent my games for sub $10.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 1, 2015, 14:42 CJ_Parker

I like it when they put lipstick on a pig.  

News Comments > Another New Steam User Record
3. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 1, 2015, 14:41 CJ_Parker

Sempai wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 14:26:
No one gives a single fuck about Steam and their iron grip on the entire PC market..

^ this

Fuck Valve.

New records are programmed to happen all throughout this month when BLOPS 3 and FO4 are released. Might as well use an automated newsbot for posting every new daily record.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 1, 2015, 14:39 CJ_Parker

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 14:20:
I have a couple options to pass the time. The first being the new five week league in Path of Exile which starts tomorrow and the other being to continue TOR and cap off those stories.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences on this choice of titles.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds
25. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds Nov 1, 2015, 09:42 CJ_Parker

Butthurt small penis console gamer with a severe case of big penis master race envy detected.

It's OK, dude, just make yourself believe that size does not matter and you will be alright!

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 30, 2015, 20:48 CJ_Parker

Same here. It would be awesome to get a game for once where the focus lies 100% on the single player experience. I really hope they fail to reach $2.5 million.  

News Comments > Steam Security Tips
5. Re: Steam Security Tips Oct 30, 2015, 15:25 CJ_Parker

I entered my cell phone number a couple weeks back. So far so good. No message spam, no unwanted calls.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2015, 10:31 CJ_Parker

EU here (if it matters) + uBlock Origin + noScript and haven't ever seen a real YT ad in my whole life (unless some of those embedded links in some of the videos count as ads).  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2015, 21:01 CJ_Parker

descender wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 20:06:
CJ, as usual you miss the point.

They didn't want to sell the consoles at a loss in the past, they had to (the X360 was profitable after ~2 years anyway) in order to grow their market. Now they have millions of customers who will actually pay what it actually costs to make one of the consoles. They also could because they were also selling you more profitable games and peripherals. The gaming market has changed significantly since. Sony/MS may not even be able to sell it at a loss anymore since they don't produce nearly the quantity of games they used to and those games cost considerably more to produce than they used to.

Wait, the premise was a discussion about the weak hardware. My point is that MS and Sony deliberately chose to go with pretty weak hardware to keep the cost low and to be able to sell each individual unit at cost or even at a small profit initially.

I am convinced that we would have considerably more powerful consoles if MS and Sony would have gone with the old fashioned business model of selling individual units at a loss initially.
For example, if the consoles would have been powered by the equivalent of a desktop i5-2500K at 4.x GHz and a powerful dedicated AMD or nVidia GPU.

Sure, being fixated on a $499 price target, they would have made a loss per unit (initially) if they would have gone with more powerful hardware but as with the last console gen this would have only been a temporary thing.

It was therefore -IMHO- short-sighted and "greedy" that they went for weak hardware and an instant gratification profit model.

I am convinced that better hardware would have served not only them but the entire gaming industry better in the long run and that Sony and MS would have likely made a higher gross profit over the course of the entire console generation in spite of the early losses per unit. There would have been a completely different momentum from the start, i.e. much more enthusiasm from gamers and publishers if the new gen would have performed better.

I'm not blaming them for wanting to make a profit. I'm blaming them for being short-sighted and wanting to make a quick buck profit when making losses initially to make even more profit in the long run would have been the more reasonable thing to do.
But too late now... now we're stuck with this inferior crap for the next five years or so *sigh*...

News Comments > Star Citizen New Flight Model Details
9. Re: Star Citizen New Flight Model Details Oct 29, 2015, 20:26 CJ_Parker

Tom wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 19:58:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 18:55:
It's a fucking space sim, shouldn't the flight model be one of the first things you get done?!?
Well, Elite: Dangerous went that route and look how that turned out. The flight model is critical to a space sim but so are a bunch of other things.

How did it turn out? Frontier are doing it exactly in the right order. Solid flight model, an incredibly huge functional universe to explore and an extremely solid base to build from. And now they are building...

A million times more reasonable than Star Citizen where everything is ass backwards. CIG is working on fine detail before they even have a foundation to build from.
For example, a number of ships have already been reworked several times before they have even been flown by a single player. Silly.
CIG could do ship revamps to their heart's content if the game is live (or they could have simply made the ships the right way from the start so no reworks would have been required in the first place).

Their priorities (aside from S42) should be to develop and deliver the MMO backbone, the universe and a solid flight model. Exactly like Elite. Then flesh it out with content and fulfill all the stretch goals.
Instead CIG chose to develop individual CryEngine modules/levels for marketing purposes with absolutely no underlying MMO framework, barely working band-aid net code, the shittiest "flight model" in a space sim ever, FPS gameplay with retarded forced head bobbing which makes people sick like dogs and all kinds of completely incompetent crap like this.

It's almost a bit of a shame and a waste of resources on both sides that Frontier and CIG can't just merge. That would have potential to turn out great if CIG would use the excellent solid foundation of Elite and would be providing the ships and the content.

News Comments > Star Citizen New Flight Model Details
7. Re: Star Citizen New Flight Model Details Oct 29, 2015, 20:03 CJ_Parker

Moog wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 19:35:
It's gone very quiet on the Derek Smart front of late.

What's happening with that?

Maybe CIG has really entered into litigation against The Escapist and Derek Smart. If they have then Derek would have probably been advised by his lawyer to remain silent for now. He'd certainly want to avoid the whole "crusade" impression. That is most easily achieved by simply shutting the fuck up for a while.

News Comments > EA Financials
3. Re: EA Financials Oct 29, 2015, 19:28 CJ_Parker

killer_roach wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 19:13:
$0.65 EPS? Doing some quick and dirty math, that's about a $200m profit for the quarter (estimating, based on share price and market cap, they've got about 300 million shares outstanding).

Dude? Why "quick and dirty math" or "about" and "estimating" if you can just, you know, click the link and scroll down a bit to find out that it's $212 million net profit and 326 million shares.
No need to whip out the calculator if others have done the work for you!

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2015, 18:28 CJ_Parker

descender wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 17:51:
The issue is that MS and Sony are greedy fucks.
They no longer wanted to sell the hardware at a loss. They wanted to earn money from each console sale from day one so they put extra cheap and crappy parts inside.

Just think about that again for like... 2 seconds...

Those greedy fucks running a for-profit business! The nerve!

You do realize how the console business worked in the past, right? Or are you a 12 year old trying to sound smart after his first economy class at school?

News Comments > Star Citizen Update and Trailer
41. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 29, 2015, 18:09 CJ_Parker

mellis wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 11:27:
Well, the easiest thing to do is ask him if the allegations are true at whatever the next open forum is. And if they are, who picked up the tab? The business or himself.

Chris Roberts has answered to the allegations (look up his Escapist article rebuttal) and said that he lives the life of a star not from backer monies but from the money he made when he sold his stake in Origin and from his private coffers.

Derek Smart on the other hand claimed that CR was flat broke when he launched the Star Citizen campaign.

It's not easy to tell the truth but if you google a bit you will find references to CR owning a huge ranch outside Austin until a few years ago. CR definitely used to be a very wealthy man but exactly how wealthy he was in October 2012 when the SC campaign began is anyone's guess.

IMHO, even though CR is a convicted liar, we have to take his word for it until proven otherwise. Derek Smart has produced zero tangible evidence for his claims that CR used backer money for a lavish lifestyle.

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2015, 17:24 CJ_Parker

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 16:52:
Exactly. Moving to the Intel cpus was a no brainer.

What Intel CPUs? Both the Xbone and the PS4 are "powered" (and we have to use that term very loosely here) by weak-ass AMD advanced calculator APUs.

No new Cell CPU was definitely the only reasonable move on Sony's part. IBM sold off their chip making division so there was no one to really provide any R&D and knowhow for a new Cell processor anyway. And just because devs somehow got used to the PS3 Cell architecture does not mean they liked it. I'm sure that devs are very happy with the nearly unified console architecture of the current gen.

The issue with the weak hardware inside the Xbone and PS4 is not an issue of x86 vs. Cell. The issue is that MS and Sony are greedy fucks.
They no longer wanted to sell the hardware at a loss. They wanted to earn money from each console sale from day one so they put extra cheap and crappy parts inside.
If they would have stuck to the old model where you sell the hardware at a loss and subsidize via game sales then they could have easily put better CPU and GPU power inside.

31. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 29, 2015, 09:49 CJ_Parker

HAHAHA "titbit".... BWWAHAHAHAHAAAAAA  

28. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 29, 2015, 08:25 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 06:00:
3. It appears CIG is producing less PR material and more working progress videos to show what they're doing.

If you mean the past two weeks since CitizenCon ended, OK, but I can't generally see a trend like that. Just check the monthly reports. They've been working hard on "exciting" reveals all year long.

PAX East, E3, Gamescom, CitizenCon etc... I'm not sure about PAX AUS but if they are going this year then that will be the next event that will detract from more focus on actual development.
And then PAX East is already on the horizon again and the circle continues...

I will believe in more focus on actual game development if and when they actually cancel the majority of those shows (or attend them like regular devs/business people would).
Personally, I believe that the only event that they should be having is their own CitizenCon but wtf are they doing at E3 which is a console circle-jerk for the most part?

Screw all those shows. Even a huge publisher like Bethesda only showed FO4 at E3 this year with a release announcement in the same year. WTF is CIG as a crowdfunding/indie dev doing at all those shows when the game is years away from release?? They should have gone to E3, Gamescom, PAX etc. the year they were certain that they were closing in on a commercial release (i.e. 2016) but not in 2013/2014/2015.
I really don't want to know how many man hours were spent working on those spit&glue event demos instead of building the foundation of the actual game.

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Oct 28, 2015, 10:56 CJ_Parker

Moar garbage...  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches
11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches Oct 28, 2015, 10:54 CJ_Parker

ZeroPike1 wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 10:19:
I'll look into this when they make there F2P section more F2P friendly. I'm not a fan of there current limits on things. Makes it unplayable.

Well, you're not getting this expansion as a F2P anyway. You have to be a subscriber to get it for "free". At least for now... they might make it free for F2Pers at some point in the distant future, of course.

3364 Comments. 169 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo