Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3427 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 19, 2015, 02:38 CJ_Parker

For Pascal to arrive in early 2016 in actual graphics cards the chip would need to be in mass production at TSMC right now and I'm pretty sure we're not quite there yet or there would be more rumor mill shenanigans.

Realistically, I'd expect nVidia to officially announce Pascal at Computex in May with immediate availability of cards in stores.
So mass production early 2016 Jan/Feb -> cards in May.

First batch will probably be expensive as fuck as always when a new process is still immature and yields are so-so (or even if yields are great they'll likely use yields as an excuse to jack up the prices).
Because of that it will most likely also be a top to bottom release so high end early adopter ripoff premium stuff first, then mid range July/August or something like that.

Love,

yours CJ "Nostrafookindamus" Parker

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed
6. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 16:07 CJ_Parker

Probably just means they need more time to cut shit from the game that they will then sell via the season pass.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 17, 2015, 21:02 CJ_Parker

Or even if they did: Who really gives a fuck (except Microsoft who are probably jacking off to ANY negative press for Sony)?  

News Comments > EA's "Gigantic Action" Game Plans
12. Re: EA's Nov 17, 2015, 16:03 CJ_Parker

Nice to see EA chasing after more 'Worst Company of America' awards. Apparently winning it TWICE wasn't enough already. Go go go, EA!  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
42. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 15:55 CJ_Parker

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 14:12:
Almost every review I've seen ends with major concern about longevity beyond a few weeks, as this game is far too simple, featureless and casual.

Translation: It's your typical EA game!

Sooo sad that a game like this is going to make them billions. Watch BF5 get dumbed down massively (i.e. even further) if Battlefront sells millions - which is a given because many mouthbreathers will just buy it for the graphics and for being Star Wars.
This game is another milestone in EA's steeply downward winding staircase.

News Comments > Fallen Enchantress Ultimate Edition Released
1. Re: Fallen Enchantress Ultimate Edition Released Nov 16, 2015, 21:02 CJ_Parker

Hahahaha user reviews = mixed = kthxbai  

News Comments > Second Pillars of Eternity Expansion in January
5. Re: Second Pillars of Eternity Expansion in January Nov 16, 2015, 14:34 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 12:34:
new “Story Time” mode, letting players experience the incredible narrative of Pillars of Eternity at a faster pace

Anyone know what they are actually referring to with that?

My uneducated guess is a mode that allows you to focus just on the main story quests without risking to be under-leveled at some point. Either by giving you more XP from story-related quests or by making the story content easier in that mode... or a bit of both.
I guess anything is welcome as long as you don't have to do Obsidian's usual inane filler crap like clearing out the sewers or a dozen cellars with rats.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 15, 2015, 21:52 CJ_Parker

A lot of shit (literally since the whole game was one big crapfest) in Daggerfall was actually procedurally generated, randomized and copy&paste jobs. It doesn't even begin to compare to the mostly handcrafted worlds (or worlds with some copy&paste but mostly filled with handcrafted locations to be more precisely) we have seen them create since Morrowind.  

News Comments > Obsidian Game Announcement Coming
8. Re: Obsidian Game Announcement Coming Nov 15, 2015, 21:45 CJ_Parker

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 19:21:
Sides shouldn't Bethseda be calling Obsidian for another Fallout game?

Why the hell would Bethesda give their precious Fallout franchise to a bunch of ungrateful amateurs who will rip the money out of their hands but then only complain that Bethesda treated them like slaves afterwards?

Puuuuuhhhhlease. Get real.

Bethesda made that mistake once. They won't make it again (hopefully... ya hear that, Bethesda? No matter how tempting financially, show some integrity and do not give those fuckers who shat all over you any business again, mkay? ).

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
10. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 18:10 CJ_Parker

Krovven wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 17:29:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 17:19:
Bubicus wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 17:11:
Yeah, they changed it to Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge.

Still showing that one for me as well (Red Alert 2 + YR has been free 'On The House' since mid September by the way). No Jade Empire to be seen anywhere (don't personally give a shit).

Well you gave enough of a shit to go looking for it and then post about it.

I got the game on Steam, dude. I only checked out of curiosity because of the reported issues.

News Comments > Obsidian Game Announcement Coming
4. Re: Obsidian Game Announcement Coming Nov 15, 2015, 17:26 CJ_Parker

Must be an extremely desperate publisher to sign up with this bunch of incompetent twats who will gladly take the money with their grubby, filthy little hands but then turn around and cry like full-of-shit babies that publishers suck.

Oh well... it's the publisher's loss if they are dumb enough to flush money down the toilet like this.

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
6. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 17:19 CJ_Parker

Bubicus wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 17:11:
Yeah, they changed it to Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge.

Still showing that one for me as well (Red Alert 2 + YR has been free 'On The House' since mid September by the way). No Jade Empire to be seen anywhere (don't personally give a shit).

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
25. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 15, 2015, 10:16 CJ_Parker

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 06:56:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 23:16:
Not true. In addition to that basic feedback crap there is some data being sent to MS that could not be identified by those who sniffed the packages.

You're referring to the Ars article I'm assuming? Microsoft already commented on that. Some of the data is encrypted so that it isn't susceptible to man in the middle attacks. Anything else?

Yep. That's the data I was referring to, though there may be more than the data Ars came across, of course.

Did MS also comment on why the data is encrypted or what the encrypted data even is in the first place? If it is just basic telemetry data as they likely claimed then why is it encrypted and not transmitted like all the other unencrypted telemetry data? Why would a man in the middle attack be a problem at all if what they claim is true and it is all just harmless unidentifiable non-personal data?

You see? This is shady as fuck. And that's why I do not trust those MS fuckers at all. There should not be ANY data, encrypted or not, being phoned home after you disable all the settings within Win 10. The fact that they are still collecting data even after you disable everything, and then even encrypt it to hide it, just makes it all the more suspicious and despicable.

18. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 14, 2015, 23:16 CJ_Parker

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 21:37:
wtf_man wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 18:24:
harlock wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 18:13:
pro tip: NOBODY FUCKING CARES ABOUT YOUR SECRETS

Apparently Microsoft does, since they won't let you turn the shit off.

The only shit you can't turn off is the Basic feedback which has diagnostic data, not personal info.

Not true. In addition to that basic feedback crap there is some data being sent to MS that could not be identified by those who sniffed the packages.
MS are clearly not giving us (UI) options to really disable everything. They are only giving us make-believe options to create an illusion of privacy concerns.
As usual they display zero respect for their customers and try to force the shit on us that they deem best for us.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 14, 2015, 23:00 CJ_Parker

Well, the lead programmer falling off his bike and breaking his wrist is a new type of excuse they haven't done yet to explain the delays.
I'm also wondering why this even matters much. He only broke ONE wrist, right? So what? Speech recognition + corrections (if necessary) with the working hand = 80%+ capacity.
Besides, his brain probably matters more than the actual code monkey work so how is that a problem if only his wrist is kaput?

What's next? Code theft like HL2?

3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 14, 2015, 13:17 CJ_Parker

Luke wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 12:58:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 12:28:
They can shove their clouds up their dumb asses. I will never put any of my personal data on a server that I can not control at all times. It's bad enough to have local data on a PC that is connected to the Internet 24/7 and not knowing which services are collecting data and spying on me in the background but outright putting data on a foreign remote machine? F.u.c.k o.f.f.

And yet you use winspy 10 ,

Um, no? Maybe one day. For now I'm on Win 7 and planning to hold out until the last minute. And if I make the switch I will do research on the then best privacy protection tool. Microsoft can go fuck themselves.

As I said, I am also fully aware of the potential of local spying but I will never ever put any personal or private data on a remote computer that is not under my control and where I do not know who has access to it.
Anyone who is insane enough to use "the cloud" for personal data storage should get their marbles checked and rearranged. Seriously.

1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 14, 2015, 12:28 CJ_Parker

They can shove their clouds up their dumb asses. I will never put any of my personal data on a server that I can not control at all times. It's bad enough to have local data on a PC that is connected to the Internet 24/7 and not knowing which services are collecting data and spying on me in the background but outright putting data on a foreign remote machine? F.u.c.k o.f.f.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Free DLC Plans
11. Re: Battlefield 4 Free DLC Plans Nov 13, 2015, 08:12 CJ_Parker

ASeven wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 03:15:
Meanwhile, EA has been actively bribing Battlefront reddit mods to censor criticism and allow astrosurfing.

More reason to not buy their latest garbage offering. As if the shitty casual game was not already reason enough.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Free DLC Plans
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Free DLC Plans Nov 13, 2015, 00:58 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 00:23:
negative. BF4 server population has always been strong. The only casualties are infact the DLC modes (try finding a carrier strike or whatever it's called server, non-existent, as are many others). The vanilla maps are the most populated, as they always are.

And we all know this is because the bored BF4 players have long abandoned the real game in favor of farming F2P n00bs who are taking advantage of Origin's 168 hour freebie deal.
Well, and then there's the F2P lulz-n00bs taking advantage of Origin's freebie deal to try out various h4XX and cheats, of course.
Either way the game is fucking broken and retarded just as it's always been.

News Comments > The Pillars of the Earth Video
3. Re: The Pillars of the Earth Video Nov 12, 2015, 20:28 CJ_Parker

That book was boring as fuck.  

3427 Comments. 172 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo