Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3329 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Microsoft no longer reporting console sales Oct 24, 2015, 11:37 CJ_Parker

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

Those fucking pathetic losers.... too ashamed to admit defeat. As a PC gamer it feels sooooo good to see the ShitBox fail. Take that, Microsoft, for years of abuse and shitty business practices.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
3. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 24, 2015, 11:30 CJ_Parker

"Under the hood" changes are entirely fucking retarded because the fucking patcher downloads the entire game for every patch anyway. So you download the new version with "under the hood" changes only to download them again when (if) 2.0 hits. They might as well have skipped this version if 2.0 is as close as they want people to believe. The people with limited bandwidth would thank them for it.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies
8. Re: Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies Oct 23, 2015, 21:03 CJ_Parker

PoE = Pillars of Eternity, get over it  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Ready to Roll
6. Re: Fallout 4 Ready to Roll Oct 23, 2015, 19:54 CJ_Parker

The best beer in the world is Franziskaner Hefeweizen, you n00blets!  

3. Re: Fallout 4 Ready to Roll Oct 23, 2015, 19:24 CJ_Parker

Fuck BACON! I'm a veggie!  

1. Re: Fallout 4 Ready to Roll Oct 23, 2015, 18:58 CJ_Parker

The PC version is actually in the center of that picture.

Oh.

What the hell was that?

I believe I just saw a pig fly by my window!

News Comments > Falcon Collection on GOG.com
3. Re: Falcon Collection on GOG.com Oct 23, 2015, 18:55 CJ_Parker

Insta-buy. This is worth it just for the manuals alone for anyone with only even a remote interest in the falcon or modern air combat.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies
4. Re: Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies Oct 23, 2015, 18:53 CJ_Parker

Well, I'm a one-time customer of this franchise. Obsidian? Never again. I've given them a dozen chances but enough is enough. They just can't hack it. That is now an established fact.
It never had anything to do with EVUL publishers. They are incompetent all by themselves. No surprise Avellone jumped ship. I bet he was tired of all the mediocrity, too.

News Comments > Halo 5 PC Possibilities
19. Re: Halo 5 PC Possibilities Oct 23, 2015, 14:47 CJ_Parker

How about no Microsoft? How about simply FUCKING NO??? Please keep that trite garbage to your ShitBox and leave us alone with your preteen idea of a FPS, kthx!

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 11:16:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 09:24:
If Microsoft was smart they would take the entire collection and put it on the PC in one package.
Exactly. Remaster it, make it DX12 exclusive (i.e. Windows 10 exclusive) and bundle it altogether - exactly like they did with Gears Of War.

What the hell are you talking about? Gears of War Ultimate Edition is only a remake of part numero uno and not the whole series.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Samsung 950 Oct 23, 2015, 14:46 CJ_Parker

Duuuuuuuude. Relax.

It's not really that interesting for us gamers anyway. Compared to current SSDs your level load time may decrease from 21.3 seconds to only 19.8 seconds. Wow. Big deal. Not.
It really only matters in enterprise environments where huge amounts of data get shuffled around and where you benefit from both, the very low access times and the high transfer speeds.
Those drives won't usually make sense in a home PC unless you shoot private pr0n vids in 4K and need to move terabytes of data.

News Comments > Descent: Underground Early Access
2. Re: Descent: Underground Early Access Oct 22, 2015, 18:52 CJ_Parker

Dude, their KS campaign ended in April (this year). This is an early access playable build created in just a little over six months. Credit where credit is due. That's pretty impressive for starters.

Now let's give them a chance to refine it and improve it and add to it and balance it and polish it and everything else that belongs to properly developing a video game.
Then, if it still looks like crap in a year from now, would be about the right time to get worried or accuse them of "cashing in on the name".

My only concern is that I could definitely see them release and abandon it a little prematurely if interest does not ramp up with the EA release. Their KS goal was $600K and they kept funding enabled via their website. It seems like they have removed the counter now that the game went EA but last time I checked a couple weeks ago or so it was at ~$630K or something like that.
They have not been able to generate any kind of substantial interest since the ending of the KS campaign and it is an open secret that they must have helped the KS over the finishing line themselves because there was a weird spike in the last day or last few hours.

So if EA does not help getting a lot more copies sold then I'm sure that they will release and abandon instead of running the company into the ground by clinging to a failure.

News Comments > Morning Patches
4. Re: Morning Patches Oct 22, 2015, 11:02 CJ_Parker

Darks wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 09:38:
So glad that I have been holding off on Witcher 3. After they get it all fixed and patched up it will be a fun smooth ride.

^ this - Looking forward to the enhanced edition round about this time next year hopefully.

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Weapons Images Leak
4. Re: DOOM Alpha Weapons Images Leak Oct 22, 2015, 10:51 CJ_Parker

Y.A.W.N  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Story Guide
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Story Guide Oct 22, 2015, 00:06 CJ_Parker

I'd say it was fun when Desmond Miles was still around but ever since the end of AC3 it's been pretty pointless and has just been dragged along for no purpose than old time's sake.
They should make a decision to either reinstate the importance of the Abstergo thing properly or cut it loose for good cuz the half-assed shit is not helping anyone.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
14. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 22, 2015, 00:03 CJ_Parker

Works fine for me most of the time in central EU except for the weekends sometimes. Saturday/Sunday afternoons and evenings can be a little slow and then it drops from 1080p to 480p or lower in extreme cases.
So I'd say it's Google/YT. They can't handle the weekend onslaught.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Details
41. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 21, 2015, 19:39 CJ_Parker

It would be so easy to win if they simply made a decent Star Wars (multiplayer) shooter. It wouldn't even have to be anything like Battlefield or Battlefront. Just decent. And not like that completely retarded dumbed down casual console garbage we got served as a beta recently.

Some keywords:

- State of the art DirectX 12 graphics
- An epic single player campaign with a branching storyline (dark/light), choices & consequences, different mission outcomes depending on the player's performance, multiple endings
- Multiplayer modes galore
- 32vs32 player battles on large maps with real vehicles
- Team play with squads
- Dedicated (optionally) ranked servers
- Class system (medic, assault, sniper/recon, heavy/engineer)
- Slower tactical gameplay with prone, lean left/right etc. (not necessarily ArmA but not the casual garbage of the current game either)
- "Realistic" weapon characteristics like e.g. the E-11 (that trademark stormtrooper rifle that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the movies) should be inaccurate as fuck. Pistols accurate at short range, rifles at medium/long range depending on chosen power-ups.

That would be all for a start. Generally: Think outside the box. Don't fixate on Battlefield/Battlefront. Borrow a little bit of everything from games that are fun to play and that offer a rich shooter experience. I might even pay $60 for a game like that.

The problem with DICE/EA is that they're lazy as fuck. Of course they can't win. They can't win cuz they suck ass.
All they can do is first carbon copy Battlefield crap and then TAKE AWAY from it by DUMBING DOWN shit left, right and center.
Instead they should be ADDING shit on top of the Battlefield formula for a richer and more satisfying shooter experience.

The really sad part is that many of you will buy the game regardless, let them get away with it and thus will encourage them to get even lazier when it's time for BF5 or SWBF 2. EA will never change as long as people keep supporting their schemes.

SWBF already is the next logical step after the decline from BF4 to BFH to SWBF. Simple games for simpletons have become even simpler.
If that is what you guys want then more power to you but do not complain when the next installment goes all out retard-friendly.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Gameplay Video
3. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Gameplay Video Oct 21, 2015, 16:13 CJ_Parker

Fion wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 13:01:
Rainbow Six going back to its roots? One could only hope.

You obviously haven't played the free beta...

The only thing that is going back to its roots here is the stinging root canal sort of pain you feel when playing this garbage.

Rogue Spear remains untouched by this piece of shit. It's not even in the same ballpark in a 100000000000000 lightyears diameter. Or thereabouts...

News Comments > Morning Patches
6. Re: Morning Patches Oct 21, 2015, 11:37 CJ_Parker

wraithnix wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 00:11:
I don't understand all the hate for SWTOR here on Blue's...just got done playing the first four chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire and I'm having a freaking blast.

Why are you having a "freaking blast"? You enjoy games with absolutely no challenge whatsoever? I'm near the end of KotFE and I've accidentally fallen to my death twice. Except for that my health bar has not dropped below 50% even once (Jedi Consular).
This expansion is a new definition of "casual". You just push "W" to move from cutscene to cutscene and that's it. It's even worse in that regard than the original class stories.

I will concede that the cutscenes aren't too bad and that the story and characters are fairly good (for a free expansion).
But they totally forgot to put an actual game in there. How about some exploration (everything is a linear corridor), some interesting loot and items, maybe a puzzle, a little challenge, just something... anything... there is nothing AT ALL in there. Nada. Niente. Zilch. There is only the 'W' key.

If this would have cost any money beyond the sub fee I would be royally pissed off. Seriously.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront III Footage?
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Footage? Oct 21, 2015, 11:18 CJ_Parker

Yeah it looks way better than the trite garbage they are going to release in a few weeks. For example no retarded power-ups. See how the dude actually walked up to the snowspeeder, hopped in and took off from the hangar? The way it is meant to be played.
EA/DICE can keep their fucking stupid casual garbage moron-friendly half-bred rip-off abortion of Battlefront.

News Comments > Konami Denies Kojima Exit
12. Re: Konami Denies Kojima Exit Oct 20, 2015, 16:22 CJ_Parker

What a retarded personal cult... just fire that clown already and be done with it, kthx!

Jeeeeeezzzzzz...

3329 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo