Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3235 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > BATTLETECH Expanded Merc Campaign Coming
13. Re: BATTLETECH Expanded Merc Campaign Coming Oct 18, 2015, 18:26 CJ_Parker

I'm gonna celebrate with champagne, coke and hookers if they miss the retarded PvP goal.

Single player for the muthafuckin win!

Just this one game, please. Just one single game... not fucked up beyond recognition by making it a lulz fest. Thank you!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Preloads
6. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Preloads Oct 18, 2015, 04:31 CJ_Parker

Yep. It's Battle.net only and that's perfectly fine. A unified client for all stores (Steam, Origin, GOG, uPlay etc.) would be nice but it ain't gonna happen. Quite the contrary. I can already sense more on the horizon like a Bethesda client.
It's not that bad though. I allow Steam to auto-start and the others launch on an as needed basis. No big deal at all.

As for LotV, I've preordered the physical CE and already own the CEs of both previous parts (the only physical games I've bought in a looong time but totally worth it with Blizz quality CEs). When LotV is all patched up in a few months I'm gonna play the trilogy back to back. Should be lots of fun (hopefully)!

News Comments > EA Account Details Leaked
22. Re: EA Account Details Leaked Oct 17, 2015, 02:37 CJ_Parker

Ah OK sorry I misunderstood. I thought it was checking *only* against e-mail addresses (which can also be user names). Makes sense now. Thanks for clarifying.  

20. Re: EA Account Details Leaked Oct 17, 2015, 01:37 CJ_Parker

ViRGE wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 00:41:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 21:04:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 20:59:
I'd never seen this site before, which was linked in the article. Apparently you type in an email/username and it searches a bunch of text dumps from these breaches to see if you're among them. I don't know how reliable it is, or trustworthy in and of itself, but if you're curious and wanna give it a shot:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Because of the bold bit I would -IF AT ALL- only enter partial matches and never the full e-mail address or user name.

Trust no one.
That site doesn't do partial matches.

It did for me.

Though upon further testing it is a little strange. For example, let us assume your last name was "Smith" and you also had it in your e-mail address. If you enter "smith" it tells you that you have been pwned on 11 sites. If you remove the "h" and enter "smit" then it's only supposed to be 4 sites. This is bullshit, of course, because it should still be at least 11 based on the previous result. Odd.

Well, I'm definitely not entering my full e-mail or account name on a site like that. I have two-way auth activated everywhere it matters. If I would have been "pwned" then I would have gotten messages. Simple as that.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2015, 01:44.

10. Re: EA Account Details Leaked Oct 16, 2015, 23:05 CJ_Parker

Yep. In spite of EA's shitty business practices the Origin client itself is actually pretty nice these days.

- Great Game Guarantee (Generous refund policy)
- Game Time (Generous demos of some games)
- On The House (Free games)

There have also not been any bugs worth mentioning in a long time, performance is the same as Steam or other services and download speeds are the best from any client of that kind that I've seen (yes faster than Steam even by about 0.3 to 0.5MB/s) here in central EU.

5. Re: EA Account Details Leaked Oct 16, 2015, 21:04 CJ_Parker

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 20:59:
I'd never seen this site before, which was linked in the article. Apparently you type in an email/username and it searches a bunch of text dumps from these breaches to see if you're among them. I don't know how reliable it is, or trustworthy in and of itself, but if you're curious and wanna give it a shot:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Because of the bold bit I would -IF AT ALL- only enter partial matches and never the full e-mail address or user name.

Trust no one.

2. Re: EA Account Details Leaked Oct 16, 2015, 20:40 CJ_Parker

Or use your mobile phone with Google authenticator depending on which you consider the greater minor inconvenience Wink  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video
30. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video Oct 16, 2015, 20:26 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 18:27:
Jackplug wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 14:22:
He may not have 93million dollars to play with, but for the amount that he did have, he is doing a bloody good job of it and its out to play now. Just a shame that is isn't a huge online multiplayer game.

No it's a shame they didn't ship it offline with an editor like they said they would and it was all just a lie. They'd have an amazing game on their hands right now if they had actually done that because people would be creating content for it like mad. Oh well, stupid them.

You are correct that they promised offline play but I have absolutely no idea what is making you think they ever promised mod tools or an editor. That was never on the menu.
The only bit about player created content at all on the original KS page is a "maybe" with regard to a mission builder which is a far cry from mod tools or editing obviously:

Will you be able to script your own missions for your friends to play through?

It's something I'd like to see, but supporting dev tools externally is not something we'd want to do on day one. Down the line, maybe...

Credit where credit is due. Except offline mode they have pretty much 100% delivered on all promises from the KS campaign. The shipping of the physical swag was a little delayed which was annoying, too, but other than that they did a really good job contrary to other devs from the 2012/2013 KS spree like Larian Studios who simply canceled a whole shopping list of stuff with nary a word about it until people asked.

News Comments > GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First?
35. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 16:27 CJ_Parker

LiTh wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 16:16:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 16:08:
LiTh wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:59:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:28:
LiTh wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 12:40:
For a power user that typically overclocks their CPU & GPU and takes pride in getting the most performance out of their system this is a slap in the face. GF Experience has only ever under estimated my machine and settings it can handle or just screwed up SLI profiles. Once i uninstalled it i've yet to have a problem since. Typically i only install the driver and Physx, everything else is bloat and only another point of failure.

You call yourself a power user and don't even know that GFE can be set up any way you like with regard to optimal settings (which -yes- are retarded and often times more used to advertise nVidia exclusive features than the best settings for visual quality)?
It is a simple check box where you select whether you want GFE to automatically apply optimal settings or to even recommend them at all. There are a whopping three check boxes total to customize GFE optimal settings any way you like. I hope you can handle that as a self-proclaimed "power user"(?)...

Personally I'm allowing GFE to recommend because I sometimes like to compare their recommended to my actual preferred settings. I'm naturally not allowing automatic application of the recommended settings. That's obviously a setting only for uber n00bs who can not be bothered to go into in-game menus at all.

So i'm suppose to install the program so i can uncheck some boxes which happens to have the same effect as not installing it anyways... Thinking Ya sounds great!

You're supposed to optionally install it for the latest drivers in the future. It says so in the news.
You could have optionally installed it currently or in the past, like many people have, for easier and more convenient access (one-click-install basically) to the latest drivers. GFE takes up a whooping 3MB of RAM.

Whether you use any of the other features or not is up to you but to criticize features of the program that you are apparently not competent enough to handle is kinda sloppy, man.

Its not going to be optional however. Its going to be mandatory to be able to get the latest drivers. I prefer not using it at all, having the latest drivers, and then using NVInspector if i want something changed for my SLI profile.

Dude. Am I writing Chinese? That's exactly what I wrote. Optional for the latest drivers.
If you don't want to use it, fine, there may be other ways to obtain the drivers for manual installs in the future but GFE is an extremely easy going piece of software.

Don't get me wrong. I dislike the planned e-mail verification, too, but you criticized GFE for something it simply does not even do if set up correctly so I was only defending it against uninformed FUD, not on principle or against the planned changes.
I can optionally set up dozens of e-mail addresses courtesy of my ISP so I will probably use a throwaway address and just keep using GFE for convenience.

33. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 16:08 CJ_Parker

LiTh wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:59:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:28:
For a power user that typically overclocks their CPU & GPU and takes pride in getting the most performance out of their system this is a slap in the face. GF Experience has only ever under estimated my machine and settings it can handle or just screwed up SLI profiles. Once i uninstalled it i've yet to have a problem since. Typically i only install the driver and Physx, everything else is bloat and only another point of failure.

You call yourself a power user and don't even know that GFE can be set up any way you like with regard to optimal settings (which -yes- are retarded and often times more used to advertise nVidia exclusive features than the best settings for visual quality)?
It is a simple check box where you select whether you want GFE to automatically apply optimal settings or to even recommend them at all. There are a whopping three check boxes total to customize GFE optimal settings any way you like. I hope you can handle that as a self-proclaimed "power user"(?)...

Personally I'm allowing GFE to recommend because I sometimes like to compare their recommended to my actual preferred settings. I'm naturally not allowing automatic application of the recommended settings. That's obviously a setting only for uber n00bs who can not be bothered to go into in-game menus at all.

So i'm suppose to install the program so i can uncheck some boxes which happens to have the same effect as not installing it anyways... Thinking Ya sounds great!

You're supposed to optionally install it for the latest drivers in the future. It says so in the news.
You could have optionally installed it currently or in the past, like many people have, for easier and more convenient access (one-click-install basically) to the latest drivers. GFE takes up a whooping 3MB of RAM.

Whether you use any of the other features or not is up to you but to criticize features of the program that you are apparently not competent enough to handle is kinda sloppy, man.

21. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video Oct 16, 2015, 15:47 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:34:
Jackplug wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 14:22:
He may not have 93million dollars to play with, but for the amount that he did have, he is doing a bloody good job of it and its out to play now. Just a shame that is isn't a huge online multiplayer game.

Actually, I thought Frontier got $90M in private investment last year. I can't find the story now, though. Does anyone else remember that?

Yes. That was their IPO. They are a stock company at the London Stock Exchange.
And they have a lot more under their belt than just Elite Dangerous so the money they have made is being invested in all sorts of ventures to grow the company.

EDIT: I was referring to the £4m raised by the IPO as posted by Dacron. I'm also not sure where you got the $90m from.
Frontier's entire stock market capitalization is ~£79m.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2015, 15:58.

19. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video Oct 16, 2015, 15:37 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:21:
Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 13:03:
"Here, watch us zoom in and out on some spheroid objects for an hour."

So this is the big thing they're going to charge 50 bucks for in the expansion? Seems legit.

Hey, these are no ordinary spheroid objects. They are procedurally generated according to scientific principles.

EDIT: Used wrong word for "principles"

Aaawww... you spoilsport. I was about to post this:

Dude, it's principle. Principal is the head honcho at skewl who kicked yer ass if you spelled retarded like that! :o

31. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 15:28 CJ_Parker

News Comments > Broforce Released
3. Re: Broforce Released Oct 16, 2015, 06:28 CJ_Parker

I ain't buyin dis brah  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 15, 2015, 11:44 CJ_Parker

Wow. Is Josh Sawyer really that retarded or he is he just putting on an act?

Going by the rule system in the PoE game and this interview (among others) it was a rhetorical question I guess...

*sigh*

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 14, 2015, 20:18 CJ_Parker

Rhett wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 20:03:
Go to their forums and make yourselves heard.

What? It's EA. Censorship central. The USSR of the internet. I'm not sure how they do it but their moderators are able to delete critical posts before you have hit the 'submit' button.

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
99. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 20:13 CJ_Parker

Midnight wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 19:35:
I'm getting a slightly desperate vibe from this press release. Maybe CIG has seen a sharp drop in sales or an increase in refunds this past few weeks, and suddenly realized that they might indeed be having a budgetry problem?

Still waiting on my refund.

Nah. No desperate vibe as far as I can see. They are just (finally) making it a little easier on themselves and their (potential) customers.
Many people have found it very confusing to figure out what exactly they need to buy if they want to play either Squadron 42 or Arena Commander or the PU alpha or beta or simply everything.
CIG customer service has been bogged down for weeks and drowning in tickets. This (overdue) change should take some weight off their shoulders.

It's hopefully just the first step in a process of simplification. The pledge store could use a massive overhaul, especially before they start adding more confusing cross-chassis upgrades or separate Squadron 42 and Star Citizen into individual purchasable products.

Another reason for this announcement might be the fact that the original reasoning for the alpha restrictions just does not really fly anymore. The original reasoning was that they need to charge for additional alpha slots (i.e. beyond the 300K backer mark) because of higher demands in terms of server infrastructure.
It's hard to keep up this line of reasoning when you have $90m+ in the bank (gouging people who bought a $400 ship with a $5 alpha pass seems kinda shitty and pedantic, no?) and also when the PU is supposedly getting closer.
They are going to need infrastructure for several 100K simultaneous players "soon" anyway so it wouldn't exactly seem very competent if they would uphold a "we need $5 for servers" policy.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 14, 2015, 19:54 CJ_Parker

Great idea. Let's fuck up continuity and remove any level of challenge to appease the 12 year old whiny no-can-win rebulz demographic.  

News Comments > Overwatch Beta This Month
1. Re: Overwatch Beta This Month Oct 14, 2015, 19:16 CJ_Parker

No.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
67. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 14:46 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 14:34:
The concerning thing is that I think Kxmode actually believes the bullshit he pedals. Unfortunately it's what you have to expect from Legion Of Derekô zealots, who have demonstrated utter contempt for evidence and reason. They state conjecture and speculation as fact and then act outraged when anybody dares question them. It would be funny if it didn't raise serious questions about their mental competence.

Well just like you who as a white knight cultist just parrots CR's/CIG's company line and takes everything they say at face value like a hypnotized guru's disciple.
It's pretty rich when you out of all people hold a speech on "reason" or "mental competence" LOL.

Come on... why even bother with the meanies here? Back to the CIG forums with you where you can join your cultist fellow disciples who literally cried when they watched the CitizenCon presentation. Don't you guys have some more fanboi cultist circle-jerking to do over there or are y'alls balls empty from all the wanking since Saturday?

3235 Comments. 162 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo