Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4547 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 13:09 CJ_Parker

This includes various perks for the World War II shooter...

BF4 is modern world, not WW2, dude.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass
9. Re: Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass Sep 12, 2018, 02:23 CJ_Parker

Retired wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 23:47:
GinRummy wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 19:47:
And if you don't own the base game you can get it for $5 and get the free pass with it. Hope nobody recently paid full prices for them.

You can get the full game, plus all expansions for under $10. The Revolution edition.....

Dude... $4.99 + $0.00 < $9.99

And, yeah, it looks like standard + free pass is the same as the Revolution edition. It would be extraordinarily retarded to buy the Revolution edition as long as that pass is a freebie. Why gift EA an extra $5?

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass
3. Re: Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass Sep 11, 2018, 20:53 CJ_Parker

That's crazy generous of them. A free pass to empty servers. Very nice.  

News Comments > Steam Getting Uncensored Anime Game Friday
14. Re: Steam Getting Uncensored Anime Game Friday Sep 11, 2018, 20:49 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 16:40:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 13:03:
Instabuy

Instacome?

Depends on exactly how "uncensored" it is...

7. Re: Steam Getting Uncensored Anime Game Friday Sep 11, 2018, 14:41 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 14:25:
Does anyone know where is the pre-order button?
Asking for a friend

If you look closely it is on the left side of the store listing and shaped like a bewb.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 11, 2018, 13:05 CJ_Parker

mch wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 11:44:
PHJF wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 11:19:

What part of Universal Serial Bus do these people not understand?

My guess would be the universal part

u da smart c00kie yes?!?

5. Re: Steam Getting Uncensored Anime Game Friday Sep 11, 2018, 13:03 CJ_Parker

Instabuy  

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews
8. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews Sep 10, 2018, 12:41 CJ_Parker

Flatline wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 12:35:
Laura

Seriously? "Laura"? In 2018?

Gawddammit, dude...

7. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews Sep 10, 2018, 12:39 CJ_Parker

chickenboo wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 11:45:
I finished TR 2013 and ROTTR, but both were a bit of a slog. I'd much rather the emphasis on the games be on exploration and cave traversing, rather than combat. Have firefights be uncommon but deadly, and give Lara a single weapon and her pick axe. As the games are now, they're a mix of violence and exploration but the violence is emphasized, and I feel like it doesn't really need to be there. They're technically very good games, I just ended up finding them kind of boring. Definitely going to skip this entry in the series.

I agree for the most part. They could have perfectly taken advantage of the survival game fad. The old games were also more about avoiding combat with scarce ammo. The monsters in the tombs in the classics were mostly obstacles and not something you had to kill to progress. Kill to progress was fairly rare.

I think that just a single weapon would be a bit too harsh though. She should have a knife, a bow, and then her trademark dual deagles or the dual Uzis. The ammo for the guns definitely should have been scarce and well hidden to reward thorough exploration.

The games should very much have focused on stealth (a much neglected element in these reboots), survival, exploration, puzzles and adventure instead of a Call of the Rambo Croft shoot'em up.

Iz Square enix though... the masters of missed opportunities or outright fuckuppery so we have to live with the turds they squeeze out.

2. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews Sep 10, 2018, 11:11 CJ_Parker

Yay. Another Call of the Tomb Raider with retarded characters and shitty writing!

Oh well, as a Tomb Raider fan of the first hour, I will buy this for the exploration and the gigarays when the GOTY goes on a deep as fuck sale.

I just hope I won't have to tape down my 'ESC' key to skip every cutscene when Lara and her dweeb companion Jonah make complete morons of themselves like in RotTR.
Thank god that Jacob clown is dead at least but who knows... maybe they've found an even worse replacement so we must not count our chicken before they are hatched.

News Comments > Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs?
2. Re: Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs? Sep 10, 2018, 11:02 CJ_Parker

Please, no. Keep it on conslows where this garbage franchise belongs.

Just keep it, Microsoft. It's fine. I'm almost over it. You don't need to fucking pretend you care about PC gaming when you actually don't, you assholes.

Fuck your store, fuck your Halo, fuck your Forza and fuck your Gears of War. Fuckityfuckfuck, capisce, bitches?!?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Odyssey Specs
7. Re: SOS Early Access Sep 8, 2018, 07:35 CJ_Parker

Numinar wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 05:12:
I know that's just me though. "Consolised crap" isn't popular around here unless it's a Rockstar or CD project game.

* CD Projekt, dude. With a 'k' as in kool-aid.

News Comments > System Shock: Enhanced Edition Source Port Update
5. Re: System Shock: Enhanced Edition Source Port Update Sep 8, 2018, 07:33 CJ_Parker

They also didn't release screenshots or a gameplay video to illustrate the changes which is really retarded so they kind of made up in stupidity for no BR and no MTX.

There is always something...

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Odyssey Specs
4. Re: SOS Early Access Sep 7, 2018, 23:47 CJ_Parker

Angrius Maximis wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 22:25:
Why would anyone buy this on the PC lol?

Why would anyone buy this on the conslows lol?

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 7, 2018, 16:10 CJ_Parker

I like playing Elite on and off just exploring, immersing myself in space, grinding rank, engineering my ship modules, running missions, getting rich, participating in community goals occasionally etc. but the whole goid stuff has never really interested me due to the fact that it requires even more (insane levels of) grind.

Neither have I found any interest in this Gnosis community event that sounded really stupid because nobody knew what the fucking point was to begin with.
You board a megaship, it jumps to the Cone sector and then... yeah, then what... be stuck in the ass crack of nowhere as a "community event"? OMG, what fun. Not.

That's why I did not even bother with this shit and I think players should have known better.
FDev does not have the tools in place to run anything supercool anyway (they haven't done so in the past four years so why would they do so now out of nowhere all of a sudden?) so why anyone would "prepare for weeks" for this shit is beyond me.

Besides, community events are always a nuisance. People in online games can not behave. It is always a clusterfuck of shitshows. The rule no. 1 of online gaming for people who are normal in the head: Stay away from mass events. Don't be a retarded sheep that flocks to the event and then gets PKed, trolled, lagged to death or whatnot.

Or -as Mike Patton- put it: People are the worst. Fuck all that multiplayer lulzbro shit.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC This Month
4. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC This Month Sep 6, 2018, 19:01 CJ_Parker

WaltC wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 17:30:
To someone who knows: has it improved since the initial release? I'd really like to know. But I cannot buy based on what I've seen--"bad" is complimenting it...;)

If you mean the intro where you review some shit from the first game and then talk to Berath before character creation, yeah, you can skip that now and go straight to character creation if you wish because it gets a little tedious on replays.

Of course, the game will make even less sense then to someone who has not played the first game. The intro isn't actually that bad either (especially if you have played PoE 1 it is a good way to bring back some memories and set the mood) and very short.
Maybe you should play it yourself instead of letting some dumbass YouTube "influencer" convince you that it's crap.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC This Month
2. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC This Month Sep 6, 2018, 17:10 CJ_Parker

This one seems pretty disappointing. When it was originally announced, I thought it'd be combat-heavy dungeon crawling or something along those lines which would have been OK as a short brains off interlude in an otherwise long, epic story-driven RPG.

Just a simple arena fighting mode is pretty meh though...

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires Kingdoms of Amalur
2. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires Kingdoms of Amalur Sep 6, 2018, 11:31 CJ_Parker

A sequel seems unlikely to me but I'm sure that THQ Nordic either has DLC plans or remaster plans like they did e.g. for Titan Quest and Red Faction (tho DLC seems more likely for this game).  

News Comments > Anthem Demo in February
16. Re: Anthem Demo in February Sep 3, 2018, 08:40 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Sep 2, 2018, 23:51:
Every dialogue that offers a choice to make only offers two choices (because more choices would be "too difficult" for the new players Bioware hopes to attract Rolleyes ), but somehow everyone is going to have a unique story.

I'm pretty sure a large chunk of your players are just going to have the same story, Bioware.

In any case, while this may be fun for a once-through-the-content, I really have no clue what they are smoking when they think people are going to play this for ten years.

Well, they have all but confirmed that the game is mostly about the Javelin suit. So your "story" is made up of grinding for suit upgrades, visiting the MTX store when you get sick of grinding to purchase shortcuts and of being nerfed into oblivion with each DLC so you can start grinding suit upgrades from scratch all over.
It's gonna be fucking epic though and ya better believe it, bitches!!!11

News Comments > Anthem Demo in February
4. Re: Anthem Demo in February Sep 2, 2018, 15:39 CJ_Parker

I'm sure they will have free trials out da azz once this has gone live. They are just trying to bait the impatient kiddies to preorder.  

4547 Comments. 228 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo