Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3427 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
26. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 15, 2016, 19:49 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 15:28:
It was delayed. CIG outsourced development to Illfonic, a company that had little experience - that resulted in serious delays and substandard work. Last year CIG took development in-house and started to rework it. However, it's possible to try FPS combat now by flying to the security outpost and grabbing one of the weapons. A full fledged Star Marine release will come later.

This is nonsense and you putting your own spin on it because CIG can not do wrong in your eyes. Several staff from CIG have stated repeatedly in AtV (and other media) that they were very happy with the work done by Illfonic. Travis Day himself said back in the day that his on-site stay at Illfonic had nothing to do with quality issues but that it was business as usual.

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 15:28:
Nonsense. No firm release date has been given to the PU, plus it was never stated that all systems would be immediately accessible - in fact a large part of the gameplay is discovering new systems, which will be added over time without warning.

LOL what a bunch of fabricated bullshit as always from you. They promised 100 systems AT LAUNCH (look it up ... $6m "Star Citizen will launch with 100 star systems").
Chris Roberts said in this video from Gamescom 2015 "... and then towards the end of 2016 we're hoping to have the full persistent universe working and functioning".
You know, full persistent universe as in 100 star systems and all promised ships and every single gameplay system by the end of this year. What else is the FULL persistent universe? Let me hear what spin you're going to put on this one. Should be good for a laugh...

If you're going to troll at least try to be creative.

If you decide to spout more drivel and lies next time make sure that it can not be so easily refuted with actual quotes and facts.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Jan 15, 2016, 14:39 CJ_Parker

Exactly. The standard is PC > all. Fuck consoles and controllers. Easy.  

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
9. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 15, 2016, 14:29 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 14:23:
100 systems 50 systems were promised for launch by 12/31/2016. Every system is "hand crafted". How is this game ever going to be release ready?

Why did you scratch the 100 and replace by 50? According to Roberts at Gamescom, he said the FULL PU would be ready by the end of this year so that would in fact be 100 systems. Where is the news coming from that they plan to only have 50 ready by then?

(P.S.: I believe we (those of us with some sense at least) all know they will be lucky to have a dozen finished systems by 12/31/2016)

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
40. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 15, 2016, 08:01 CJ_Parker

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 20:07:
Flatline wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 18:59:
Vall Forran wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 17:03:
Unlike Star Citizen, Elite fucking sucks with mouse/keyboard. (I still don't get why SC is designed to be flown with m/k...) Like someone said, the xbox controller is much better -- but a true HOTAS setup is the ideal way to go.

I use a combo joystick/keyboard. I usually have 3 thrust vectors going at once and the xbox controller won't do. I even get kind of pissy at HOTAS. With the keyboard I can control throttle (-50%, 0%, 50% on Z,X, and C respectively), have fine tuned throttle (W, S), strafe horizontally (Q, E), and vertically (R, F). Plus I have pitch and roll controls in the joystick. So I can seriously have upwards of like 4 or 5 different thrust vectors applied to my ship at once. Plus I have all the joystick buttons. I haven't found a HOTAS that offers that kind of convenient response. Maybe a HOTAS with twist and some rudder pedals, but that's getting absurd.

That's pretty hardcore, I applaud you.

I use the extra trigger on my throttle stick as my thrusters, works well. I use the keyboard for a few random hotkeys, but otherwise it's all on the HOTAS. Main one is I use spacebar to go to supercruse. Bastard AI scans too fast. Warping to a new system is twice as long as going into SC.

I'm playing with a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and I put the thrusters on the throttle thumb stick which works pretty well. With a little help of the TARGET software (you don't need to be able to script... RTFM will do) I have set up my custom config and it works great. I've even done some silly stuff like using the green LEDs to indicate whether the landing gear is lowered or raised.
The long list of in-game commands/functions looks a little intimidating at first but once you figure out what you actually really need, you can create a profile where the stick is used to 100% and only a few buttons/switches/hats on the throttle. I can 100% literally play HOTAS including the menus at a station which I navigate with the thumb stick on the joystick. Might as well unplug the kb.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
2. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 14, 2016, 09:58 CJ_Parker

Awesome and well deserved! Congrats to Mr. Braben and team for this very successful resurgence of the space sim genre and of the Elite franchise.

Now get that whip cracking for a better tutorial and maybe some story-driven content for people to learn the ropes so even more rookies can learn to appreciate this awesome epic space game.

Looking forward to future expansions and rock on!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 14, 2016, 09:52 CJ_Parker

lol@Chrome

Anyone who uses that piece of shit Google spyware is simply begging for crap like this to surface.

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
39. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 08:13 CJ_Parker

Mordhaus wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 06:55:
The games they still allow on Steam are only there because they came out prior to Origin. As far as the logic of not sharing with Steam, why doesn't EA sell new AAA games on GOG or any other service?

OMG you're really a bit new to all this aren't you? How many big publishers do you know that sell new AAA games on GOG?
See. This is nothing specific to EA. No big publisher does it because they all want to have some kind of DRM safety net at least for the first year or couple of years.

There was a kerfuffle over DLC with Ubisoft as well, yet they made changes to still allow their games to be sold on Steam and elsewhere. EA can claim whatever they like, but the creation of Origin was not simply to avoid DLC purchasing issues. Only a fool would think otherwise.

Well, you can either follow the article I linked to and get the (undisputed by Valve) story straight from the horse's mouth and the parties involved or keep making up your own bullshit. The choice is yours, of course.
Me, I live in the real world, I read the article(s), and I know that Valve basically kicked EA out because EA refused to remove the possibility to purchase DLC from links/buttons within their games (thus bypassing Steam). This was in violation to Valve's TOS and so EA had to go.

By the way for quick clarification we are talking about two separate issues here: 1) Why EA had to remove many of their games from Steam and 2) Why EA created the Origin storefront. There is no direct correlation between the two. The Origin store is a logical step after EA already had that (pretty awful) EA downloader as a precursor to Origin.

However, now that they have Origin up, running and being successful, well, as I said, why should they change things and voluntarily give up 30% of every sale? They are making the vast majority of their revenue on consoles still (80%+). The PC business is niche already so they might as well maximize the profit margin on that end and sack 100% on each sale of their own games. Simple.

Finally, why should EA be forced to sell their games on other services when specifically Valve is selling their own shit on Steam only? EA is actually more open than Valve because you can purchase many older EA games on GOG. Good luck finding a single Valve game on GOG or anywhere else.
So why the fuck is EA bad for selling only MANY of their games on Origin and why is Valve the pinnacle of awesomeness when they are exclusively selling ALL of their games on Steam only? How does that make any sense to anyone other than complete mouthbreathing Valve fantards?

I never said anything about Steam being the only storefront people should support. I did say that a company that refuses to put their games out on other stores is a shit company.

OK. So as we just established Valve must be a much shittier company to you then than EA because you can actually buy at least SOME EA games on other platforms but NONE of Valve's.

If EA or Blizzard were to release games on GOG or even Uplay, I would be willing to buy their games if they were something I wanted.

See above. You can find many older EA games on GOG. You can also buy many EA games on uPlay (Star Wars Battlefront, BF3/4, Dead Space series). Most of them will still require Origin, of course, but you can purchase them on uPlay no problemo. Again: You are kinda new to all this, no? Wink

As far as my last comment, if you couldn't find anything intelligent to say, why bother replying?

Yeah. Right. Sorry about bothering you with actual facts and information .

32. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 06:14 CJ_Parker

Mordhaus wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 05:40:
Slick wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 05:19:
El Pit wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 01:53:
Steam can't unless other publishers allow it.

That is why EA has an advantage here: they are still making AAA games

awww, you had me at "still making games" ^_^

honestly i thought there'd be MUCH more vitriol in this thread, part of me is happy to see an air of civility around this board, and half of me is like: "WTF EA IS THE DEVIL REMEMBER!? AND NOW THEY CORRUPTED BILL NYE! HOW IS THE SKY NOT FALLING IN BLUESNEWS!??!"

*ahem*

Origin is just a store, they sell mostly their house-brand stuff, but it's just a store. They do have better support compared to Steam yes, ugh, let's just say, they HAVE support compared to Steam. But no, it's good support, anytime I've spoken with an agent, and half the time i've chatted with an agent and treated them like a human being, I left the convo with a 15% any EA title coupon in my pocket. That's not too bad. Also they have the "Games on the House" program with is kinda neat, not sure if I'm more likely to play a free game than I am the tons of $2 games i get on steam sales, but it's a nice thought.

Steam is more like the Wal-Mart of the gaming world, they have better deals *usually*, but there's still a ton of garbage on there (early access), and if you're a small-fry developer, to get listed there is really your best chance of success.

They're just stores, just like Uplay, Battle.net, Epic Games (starting to fill up with titles), and many others. It's such a cunty stance to say: "I will only buy games from Wal-Mart, I will never set foot in a Target". I really don't know many people with those kinds of real-life convictions on the way that Wal-Mart/Target treat their customers, but I guess on the web it takes no effort to have a bullshit cause.

Sometimes I shop at Wal-Mart if they have what I want, sometimes I shop at Target if they have what I want. At the end of the day I really don't give a fuck about the store I have to go into to get the thing I want, I only care about the thing I want. To say otherwise is to make an issue where there is none.

They all are just stores, you are correct. But, Origin is the only one that reserves all EA AAA titles to itself. The others allow you at least the illusion of choice by letting you buy their games through other stores. EA wanted to force people to only use their store if they wanted to play EA games, anyone with a brain could see that their entire goal was to try to take over the online sale market and force competition out.

Complete bullshit. What "anyone with a brain" could really see is that EA did not want to share 30% of every sale with the fat ass of Gabe when they could just as well do sales via their own backend.
They also still have some of their games on Steam by the way. And the sole reason EA got kicked off Steam was DLC.
EA wanted to keep selling DLC from within their games. Steam said nope, you either go through us with every sale or you can pack your shit and go outright. And EA was, like, OK then we go outright and do our own store where we can sell DLC any way we want.
That's it. That's all there was ever to it. End of story.

By the way, Origin is not the only exclusive store. Battle.net only has Blizzard games and you can not buy Blizz games anywhere else except at retailers.

In an ideal world I think that the big publishers should all get together and offer up a unified storefront but until then I can fully understand that not everyone is keen on sharing 30% with the fatso empire. Why should Valve be entitled to selling every single PC game from all publishers? That's bullshit.

EA is guilty of some serious shitty business practices and crappy retard games, or a combination of both like Star Wars Battlefront, but you can't really blame them for running their own store after they got kicked out by Valve. Or just generally blame them for not being willing to sacrifice 30% on the altar of Jabba the Gabe.

This is their tactic in every mode of business, force out competitors so they can offer shit games that are basically retreads with a couple of new features each year. By supporting Origin and EA games, people are allowing them to continue this process. That is why I refused to buy the latest DragonAge and will not be buying Mass Effect 4, because I will not support EA with my money. They are a toxic influence on gaming.

Cool story braaahhh.

13. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 12, 2016, 21:56 CJ_Parker

Or here in screenshot format.

Not a bad selection of games for starters but they need to include more DLCs (DAI GOTY etc.) or maybe make two versions where one is like we have now with a greater variety of base games and then another option with a smaller game pool but premium, complete and GOTY editions instead.
This could become a pretty good offering with time. I'm sure they will push it and advertise the shit out of it once heavyweights like ME:A come closer because everyone and their dawg is going to want to get in early for the 10 hour early access.

News Comments > For Honor's Solo Campaign
5. Re: For Honor's Solo Campaign Jan 12, 2016, 07:20 CJ_Parker

Trevellian wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 20:31:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 20:03:
Lemme guess... you're da chick with da pink hair at 1:18?

I'm not a chick so no. I simply signed up for testing and got to for a weekend.

Aaaawww crap... and here I thought I might be able to convince you to try a smurfy blue next!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 11, 2016, 20:09 CJ_Parker

Well, then this is probably the real reason behind the Skylake availability issues. They knew it and did not want to be caught up in a massive product recall.  

News Comments > For Honor's Solo Campaign
2. Re: For Honor's Solo Campaign Jan 11, 2016, 20:03 CJ_Parker

Lemme guess... you're da chick with da pink hair at 1:18?  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
10. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 10, 2016, 18:47 CJ_Parker

I have zero interest in this garbage. Doom was tons of fun back in the day because there wasn't anything like it. But ever since the arrival of story-driven shooters like Half-Life, Deus Ex, F.E.A.R or the Wolfensteins (RtCW and later), I haven't looked back.

Doom 3 BFG was a boring, lame-ass, repetitive monster grinder.
Thanks but no thanks, id. You can shove your pointless and brainless Beavis & Butthead "uhhhhuhuhuhuhuuuh duuuuudddeeee I just killed a monster, like, with a chainsaw duuude huhuhuhhhuuuuhhuhuhuhh" shooter where the fuckin' sun don't shine.

If I want to play a shooter just for the hilarity of shooting's sake then I'll go all out mad like Serious Sam or FC3 Blood Dragon or stuff like that which are much better options these days. Doom has become complete trash. It's taking itself way too seriously for what it really is. It needs to evolve BIG TIME or die. With what they have shown so far it looks like they want to help the latter. Fine with me. It won't be missed.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 9, 2016, 22:29 CJ_Parker

Dude, the burn-in is kinda fixed already. The Dell 30" OLED monitor they presented at CES has a pixel shifting technology where the image gets shifted by one pixel every now and then (supposed to be unnoticeable).
I guess we will have to wait for reviews (the display will be out by the end of March for $4,999) but they seem to be on track to get a grip on the issue.

Besides, anyone who leaves their screen (no matter if OLED or LCD or whatever) running for days without a screensaver or a sleep function is a dumbfuck who deserves the word DUMBFUCK to get burnt right into the middle of the fucking screen so it works like a reminder.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 9, 2016, 20:14 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2016, 19:28:
Yeah, looking forward to when OLED monitors are ubiquitous and reasonably priced.

w3rd

Near zero latency, 32"+, FreeSync/G-Sync @ 30Hz to 165Hz, 1440p/2160p, 10-bit color, super-high OLED contrast ... bring this shit on!

But I'm afraid that it will be 2018 or even later before we will see displays with such specs at <$1,000

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jan 9, 2016, 14:19 CJ_Parker

Refreshing to see a more honest take on RotTR instead of the paid-by-Microsoft 10/10 gushing reviews.  

News Comments > Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated]
43. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 20:41 CJ_Parker

Sepharo wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 20:15:
Timmeh wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 16:21:
Inventing the worlds first digital content delivery service that changed the world is not hard work?

I guess you qualified it with "that changed the world" but Stardock would still be upset to hear "the world's first digital content delivery service" applied to Steam.

Yeah it is extremely silly to give Valve that sort of credit. Must be the millennial kiddies who don't know better. There have been plenty of content delivery services or downloaders before the advent of the initially VERY shitty Steam.

Valve did a good job of convincing other publishers to publish via Steam and that's how Steam became a pretty big deal when those other publishers thought PC gaming was dying anyway (not unjustified... Ubi made less than 10% of their revenue on PC back then) and initially did not want to invest in their own infrastructure.

But Valve definitely did not pioneer digital content delivery. LMAO. Every single MMO that came before Steam had digital content delivery, Napster had P2P content delivery, Battle.net was a thing back then already and so on and so on.
Valve fanbois are almost as bad as Star Citizen cultists "OMGOMG it's NEVER been done BEFORE!!! OMGOMG Gabe is soooo awesome!!!!11".

Yeah. Pathetic.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video
1. Re: Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video Jan 8, 2016, 20:11 CJ_Parker

HAHAHA the fat bearded guy starting at 12:41 is literally a mouthbreather. LOL. What a Beavis!  

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Jan 8, 2016, 20:06 CJ_Parker

Quboid wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 19:24:
I can easily believe that their moderators are overly partisan given how passionate some people get about Star Citizen but it's a commercial operation and if you walk into a shop and endlessly complain loudly (or insult other customers, CJ) you should probably expect security to ask you to leave even if you're a customer.

How is "white knight" an insult? All I posted was something like "good to see the white knights have arrived to save the day" or something harmless like that and *whammo* temp ban from the forums for 48 hours or whatever it was.

Then after my ban was lifted, a couple of days later I came across a thread where a subscriber cultist posted something like "the haters are fucking morons". I don't remember the exact insult but I know 100% that there was an f-bomb involved (he could have also said fuckwads, fuckwits... I don't remember). He was generally very aggressive in his replies to people in that thread. This wasn't the only insult. It was only the most offensive one.
So I reported the post and bookmarked the guy's profile to check back for the next few days whether he would be put on probation.
Bingo. You guessed right. Absolutely nothing happened to the guy and not even his posts got deleted. Nothing. Zilch. Nada.
Apparently cultists and subscribers have special privileges when it comes to offending other posters.

Anyone who is a regular to CIG forums knows that's how they run things over there. The moderators are the most hardcore of the cultists and immediately get a super-stiffy when someone dares as much as sneeze in the general direction of SC or CIG.
I have all but stopped posting there because what's the point if all you're allowed to post is "wow", "thanks" and "good job"? And I do not want to be permabanned. If you get temp banned a few times in a row for harmless stuff you will get sacked eventually.

Oh well, their moderation policies are costing them real money in my case. It has only reinforced my intention to never give a dime to these fucktards ever again (except for finished playable content like a new episode of S42 when it's actually out and patched and discounted but screw pledging or advance payments for anything).

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Jan 8, 2016, 15:03 CJ_Parker

Verno wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 14:18:
"Started to associate with The Something Awful Forums including such antagonists as Derek Smart". Hahaha what the fuck ever. I guess she doesn't remember who came up with the Desktop Commander bit.

It sounds more like these guys just can't handle criticism, there are a bunch of Star Citizen backers on SA and like here there are a bunch of people critical of the project too. What a dumb comment. "Disparage the Star Citizen" yeah how dare anyone disparage the almighty Star Citizen Rolleyes

Very true. At the official forums they opened a "Concern" subforum for critical posts which is effectively a trash can. Everything that is not "Thank you CIG" or "You guys are so awesome" gets either deleted immediately, locked or moved to the trash forum.
They are not interested in criticism. Critics get silenced immediately, either through official means (moderators) or they are shouted down by the rabid cultist white knights.

I have gotten temp bans myself for completely ridiculous crap like simply stating that the white knights have appeared in a thread. The reasoning for the ban was that you are not allowed to demean an entire group of backers by calling them "white knight".
But guess what happens if someone calls people "haters" or black knights? Right. Nothing, of course. "Demeaning an entire group of backers" is only bad if it is directed against the cult.
CIG are complete NAZIs about their forums and community.
Fuck those guys, especially Lead Moderator (or whatever the fuck his official title is these days) Toast and his cronies. Bunch of assholes.

3427 Comments. 172 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo