Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3398 (Veteran)
User ID 24408
User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored
16. Re: Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored Jan 4, 2016, 23:42 CJ_Parker
Creston wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 22:39:
Yeah, I never had much of a problem with the Desmond stuff. Especially in AC3, where he actually goes on missions and you DID stuff with him, it was pretty enjoyable.

I agree with that. I also liked the other characters quite a bit. Lucy was smart and sexy, Rebecca was fun and Shaun was a riot (the voice actor is a British comedian after all). Heck, even Desmond's dad was OK, too.
It's actually a bit of a pity that just when it all started working out much better with the real world plot that they decided to kill off Lucy and finally Desmond. Very anti-climactic... and quite disappointing how they continued/abandoned it in AC4 but at least it had an enjoyable Shaun cameo, albeit way too short and little.

As for this new series, this could become quite interesting if the Rome/Greece parts would be based on the famous Aeneas saga (Battle of Troy, Carthage and so on...).
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 4, 2016, 20:29 CJ_Parker
OK, listen the fuck up, Suckerjerk:

- Female
- Slim
- Blonde (with the option to change hair color at will)
- Age 25 to 30
- Non-smoker/drinker
- Favors skimpy clothing
- 96/60/90 (natural titties)
- Willing and able to fuck 24/7

That is all. Make it happen. Pronto.

your bro C.J.
News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday
33. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 4, 2016, 20:16 CJ_Parker
bigspender wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 17:58:
I have a feeling that Eve Valkyrie is going to make people feel very sick with all of that spinning and looping, with no clear indication of up and down.

Nah. Space games should actually be pretty easy on the stomach. You have no horizon in space so spinning, looping is really not much of an issue. Not knowing where up and down is, actually helps in avoiding motion sickness.

The much larger issues arise in e.g. flight sims when you have a horizon and your eyes and brain register where up and down is (and left and right) relatively to the horizon line. The problem is your eyes and brain say you're flying upside down or in a steep dive but your body is not reacting accordingly.

In space, however, there is no such thing as a deep dive. You can "dive" away into the black wide open in any direction. As long as there isn't a clear plane of reference that gives your eyes and brain a sense of a horizon, then space games should be among the best suited games for VR by far.
News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
46. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 19:42 CJ_Parker
TheEmissary wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 18:59:
So they say right now but who knows maybe it will show up six months from now when they are scratching their heads for expansion ideas to finish the season pass.

^ lol

Another poor soul who believes that EA/DICE are actually working on DLC after the game's release.

Protip: They are not. All the DLC is cut from the game and ready to go at release so DICE can 100% focus on the next game. That is why they know *exactly* right now that there will not be any TFA DLC beyond Jakku (which tbh I found surprising as well because I was fully expecting them to milk those udders until they bleed).

DICE is not working on DLC. They are already slaving away on the 2016/2017 (whenever the next SWBF needs to coincide with a movie release) installment and its DLCs that will be cut from the game again so they can sell a $50 premium pass to the mentally challenged fantards.
News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 4, 2016, 15:18 CJ_Parker
LC wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 13:36:
What's EOL for Windows 7 support anyway? 2017?

2020, dude. Says so in the article, too.

Speaking to Windows Weekly, Microsoft Marketing chief Chris Capossela explained that users who choose Windows 7 do so “at your own risk, at your own peril” and he revealed Microsoft has concerns about its future software and hardware compatibility, security and more.

“We do worry when people are running an operating system that’s 10 years old that the next printer they buy isn’t going to work well, or they buy a new game, they buy Fallout 4, a very popular game, and it doesn’t work on a bunch of older machines,” Capossela stated. “And so, as we are pushing our ISV [Independent Software Vendor] and hardware partners to build great new stuff that takes advantage of Windows 10 that obviously makes the old stuff really bad and not to mention viruses and security problems.”

He also stressed it is “so incredibly important to try to end the fragmentation of the Windows install base” and to get users to a “safer place”.

There’s only one problem with Capossela’s statements: they are complete rubbish.

Windows 7 is no less secure than Windows 10 (it will be supported until 2020) and no less compatible with new hardware and software. In fact its far greater market share means it is developers’ priority and has greater compatibility with legacy programmes and peripherals. If Fallout 4 won’t run on your Windows 7 computer, it will be upgrading your components not installing Windows 10 which fixes that.

As for fragmentation, the only issue that creates is for Microsoft and its target of getting one billion devices running Windows 10 within 2-3 years of release. And this is where the true motivation for Capossela’s statements become clear
News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
27. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 14:22 CJ_Parker
If those numbers are true then it is another testament to the sad state of affairs in gaming land. But to everyone who bought this piece of shit: You only have to blame yourselves for what is to come.

Since there are more than enough dumbfucks just begging to be milked, if I were EA, I would crap out a cheap ass casualized BF5 with lots of DLC packs and a $150 all-inclusive premium edition, too. If that's what people ask for then that's what they deserve.

They will most likely also "revisit" Mass Effect Andromeda and other upcoming games for how to make them even more simple for the masses. Who can blame them really? Why put actual effort into developing more complex games or gameplay systems when you can get away with something like SWBF?

So a big round of applause to all the frickin' morons supporting this constant drifting and shifting towards more casual games and shitty business practices. Remember: YOU asked for it. It's not EA's fault to cater to YOUR demands. They will keep up their shitty practices as long as dipshits keep buying their games.
News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: JC3 second thoughts Jan 4, 2016, 00:10 CJ_Parker
Task wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 23:34:
The priority in FO4 mods are bouncing boobs

would ya care to elaborate wuts wrong wit dat??
News Comments > Op Ed
53. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2016, 21:50 CJ_Parker
Jerykk wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 17:31:
As for DRM, DRM in the 90's was pretty awful. Remember when you had to refer to manuals or code wheels in order to answer DRM questions? Or when you had to enter 16 digit cd keys every time you installed a game? At least Steam has numerous benefits (two-click installs, automatic updates, cloud saves, achievements, trading cards, chat, matchmaking, leaderboards, etc). DRM in the 90's had zero benefits to the end user.

And yet there is one big difference. I can take any game from my collection from the 1990s, jump through those hoops and play any time I wish for pretty much all eternity since everything is offline. I own the actual fucking game and I'm not just renting it like through Steam.
Don't give me scratched CDs. I'm a non-smoker and I take care of my stuff. I'm not one of those retards who spills mountain dew and dope all over their media. I own a lot of old games from the 1990s and not a single one has let me down so far. Original CDs last a looong time apparently.

But if Steam, or just your account, goes bust for some stupid reason, well, buh-bye to all those games you once rented. Or another worst case scenario: If the non-critical (and Steam is definitely non-critical even if the fantards will claim otherwise) parts of the internet go tits up for weeks or months because of a massive cyberattack. You might be able to play the games you have installed in offline mode but you won't have a chance to install/download any games from your library.

And that is why I (at least most of the time) refuse to pay more than €9.99 for my rented games. If the companies are not willing to sell me a product that I can actually play 100% of the time but where I depend on the existence of an online connection, the availability of the provider's servers, the actual continued existence of the provider itself and the goodwill of the staff of the provider, well, then I'm going to make some deductions from that full price. Simple as that.

Gimme a digital delivery like GOG, i.e. DRM-free where it lets me download and backup the installer for all eternity and we might be talking full price purchases again but until then I will continue to be a cheapskate because Steam and others are also cheapskates when it comes to respecting my consumer rights. Fuck'em all.
News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2016, 10:28 CJ_Parker
HoSpanky wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 08:15:
Also please remember you guys are the exact same people who lose your goddamn MINDS if a game isn't perfect the day it comes out alongside its console brother (Arkham Knight), but cry cry CRY if a game is delayed to avoid that situation (Rise of the Tomb Raider). I'm looking directly at you, CJ_Parker. It's like you're doing everything you can to get devs to say "fuck it, I'm done being hated for everything I do".

Dude, I'm looking directly back at ya and calling bullshit . First, Shittysoft did not delay RotTR for quality reasons but only because of their shady backroom exclusivity asshole deal with Squeenix in a vain hope that gamers might buy a Shitbox over the holidays just for TR.
Secondly, I am definitely not in the camp of people crying over delays if they are indeed about quality assurance. I have an insane backlog and always have some other shit to play. I embrace delays as an opportunity to catch up just a little more.
And thirdly I'm usually not a release day purchaser at all. I might have made an exception for RotTR because I'm a huge day 1 fan of (almost... let's pretend AoD never happened) the entire franchise.

But, generally, for 99.9% of the garbage that is released these days I'm waiting for discounts. My sweet spot is a price <= €9.99. I'm not paying more for digital rent and DRM shenanigans and I don't care whether it's called Steam, Origin, uPlay or Give me a DRM-free (CD/DVD check would be fine) retail copy or a DRM-free GOG copy and I might consider a full price purchase but fuck this tied-to-account DRM games-4-rent bullshit.
If the deep discount era is over, fine, I'll just wait longer until the price arrives in my comfort zone. I'm not some hipster kid who always needs to play the latest release to be "in the know". It's all the same garbage anyway. The AAA formula is cookie cutter crapola.
News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Despite Microsoft's increasingly aggressive tactics, Windows 10's growth continues to slow. Jan 2, 2016, 13:10 CJ_Parker
This should read "because" and not "despite". I mostly have not upgraded my desktops yet because I'm too lazy to clean install (why "upgrade" something that works perfectly?) and have had a less than smooth experience with upgrading (= downgrade in practice) my laptop from Win 7 to Win 10.
The retarded Win 10 spam from Shittysoft is making it very easy to just stick with Win 7. It is giving me this nice, warm, fuzzy feeling inside like I'm flipping them the birdie 24/7. Them obnoxious fucks.
News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 31, 2015, 11:33 CJ_Parker
LOL@200m dipshitz  
News Comments > Descent Royalty Dispute
3. Re: Descent Royalty Dispute Dec 30, 2015, 11:56 CJ_Parker
How's that Fallout MMO coming along, Herve??

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2015, 06:00 CJ_Parker
You'd have to pay me to watch that garbage.  
News Comments > Sunday Interviews
10. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 28, 2015, 09:34 CJ_Parker
Yup. They need to make up their mind. Do F2P and have all that DLC hell and microtransaction bullshit or do B2P and only update the game via free patches/DLC or substantial retail expansions.
But what do you expect from a company that tried the D3 RMAH or charges people actual money for watching their Blizzcon advertising event online.

That one specifically is the craziest shit ever in my book... people paying to watch an advertising event... goddammit, how fucking bold and greedy do you have to be to come up with this shit and how fucking mouthbreathing braindead retarded do you have to be to actually pay for the stream???

Anyway, if you have "fans" like that then you might as well try to gouge the suckers and sell a F2P game for $60 just because you can. I'd do the same if I were Blizzard. Farm the tards as long as you can. Fair game.
News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month
27. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 28, 2015, 09:25 CJ_Parker
Jerykk wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 05:43:
InBlack wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 02:47:
I could never really get into Tomb Raider. Not really sure what the attraction was, besides a pixelated fake chick, with huge 3d boobs. Maybe it would have been somewhat exciting when I was 14 or something, but then again I was never really a fan of 3rd person action games anyway.

The appeal of the series has always been its combination of platforming and puzzle-solving. Exploring ancient tombs, reaching places nobody's been in hundreds of years, pulling off crazy acrobatics to avoid lethal traps, etc. If you don't like puzzles or platforming, then that would explain the lack of interest. Of course, the last two games have focused more on combat than puzzle-solving or platforming so you might find them more appealing.

^ this

The b00bs were a nice bonus but the Tomb Raider games could have been Indiana Jones games and still would have been really good (well, most of them anyway). Treasure hunting in exotic locations has its appeal and the games were always state of the art in the technical department. It was simply a lot of fun to explore the levels and to figure out the puzzles (some of them were pretty hard in the older games).

The 2013 TR was light on puzzles but it had excellent level design so it was still a lot of fun to explore the locations. I also thought the narrative was decent in spite of some apparent discord between scared girl and mass killer chick. No need to overthink it. It's just supposed to show her conflict and how she learns to kill out of a necessity to survive. She kills a lot but she does not like it. That is all they were trying to convey in the cutscenes.
8. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 27, 2015, 14:41 CJ_Parker
HoSpanky wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 14:21:
I don't see you fuming about Mario Kart 8 or The Last Of Us not coming to PC.

Big difference. Sony is not the Windows-PC platform holder. They can do on the PS4 (and the PC) whatever they wish. They have absolutely no obligation -moral or otherwise- to bring PS games to the PC.

But MS do, at least when it comes to established crossplatform franchises (I conceded it'd be fine if they did their own exclusive Shitbox franchise). As the platform holder they should use their market power IN FAVOR and NOT AGAINST PC gamers.

Instead they choose to backstab PC gamers again and again. They release one or a couple of games in a franchise on PC and then the rest exclusively on consoles to "entice" PC gamers to make the switch (e.g. GoW, Fable, Halo).
Or they make shady backroom exclusivity deals like this one here with Tomb Raider. Fuck that and fuck them.

The last 2013 Tomb Raider was one of the very few games I preordered and actually paid full price for in the last five years. This new one will be a freebie thanks exclusively to Microsoft's shitty PC policies.

Did you pirate GTAV for not coming to PC for TWO YEARS?

Not yet because I do not really care too much about human roadkill simulators but I might... or wait for the $4.99 sale in a couple years.
That was definitely another abysmal treatment of PC gamers but at least the platform holder had nothing to do with it.
Again: Big difference. This was a decision solely made by those assholes at Take2/Fuckstar and not Mickeysoft.
4. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 27, 2015, 13:55 CJ_Parker
HoSpanky wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 13:24:
How is it bullshit that they want exclusives for their console?

And this was a pretty short exclusivity period (well, except for PS4, but whatever).

This just sounds like you looking for ANY excuse to pirate it instead of paying.

I enjoyed the first one, but I'm still not gonna pony up $60. Although at $30, I'll likely get it. I'd rather get it for PC, especially since I now have one of these spiffy g-sync monitors.

Wrong. The occasions I pirate a game you can count on one hand over the last decade. I pirated some of the Wolfensteins because I can not legally obtain and activate an uncut copy in my country ever since the invention of the region lock bullshit on Steam.
I also pirated a couple of the Call of Doodies which suffered from the same region lock asshole bullshit (like MW2 with the controversial airport scene).
And that's it. That's all the games I pirated in the last 15 years or so.

As for "How is it bullshit that they want exclusives for their console?". That was a joke question, right?
Microsoft, out of all publishers, and being the platform holders of both Xbox and Windows-PC, should be the first ones in line to be actively working towards consumer choice.
They should be taking care of each game getting released simultaneously worldwide in the best possible version on Xbox and on Windows-PC and let the consumer decide which version to buy. What a concept!

You know... like no cut features from the PC version, no stripped down visuals, no exclusivity bullshit, nothing. But that is exactly what those fuckers at MS are doing. They are actively sabotaging, not helping PC releases.
They are undermining PC gaming every chance they get in order to influence and gear consumer choice towards their retarded Shitbox console.

I would be way more understanding if they created an all new franchise exclusively for Xbox. Fine. Go ahead, MS. But to hijack Tomb Raider like this is a new all-time low in terms of disrespect towards PC gamers. And that is why I'm gonna pirate this game with a huge grin on my face while pointing my stretched out middle finger in the general direction of Redmond, WA.
1. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 27, 2015, 12:51 CJ_Parker
Good. I'll pirate this fucker out of spite for Microsoft and the bullshit exclusivity. Bring it on.  
News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
36. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 26, 2015, 20:50 CJ_Parker
Well, if anyone is interested in some pretty interesting (and kind of worrying for those who are hoping for the full fledged PU to ever happen) info on the current server issues then check out this video where CIG's Sean Tracy (formerly Crytek and the maker of the Mechwarrior Living Legends mod) talks about the challenges they are facing. This is a guy who knows the CryEngine in and out and he admits it is problematic on the server side.

When you put 1 + 1 then you will know why Star Marine is still nowhere to be seen. The instancing system is simply way too slow with its updates (among other issues which are animation related).
By the way, the whole Sean Tracy segment is pretty interesting so if you have the time then make sure to rewind and watch it all.
For example, he also confirms what I've been saying for a long time which is that releasing those modules for marketing purposes is actually detrimental to development and holding it back because they need to support their live builds while at the same time continuing the actual development of the game.
Working on the live builds requires them to work on systems that are already obsolete so some of it is totally a waste of time.

Anyway, as you can tell from Sean Tracy's little speech, at under 10% of the features in the game they are massively struggling with the server side of things already. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.
I'm very glad I'm mostly in it for Squadron 42 because there is no doubt that they can and will pull off a somewhat decent single player space game but the PU (at least as advertised) is pretty much fucked as far as I can see (and as many of us have predicted from the start when the feature list and scope just kept exploding).

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2015, 20:58.
News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
22. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 26, 2015, 11:58 CJ_Parker
El Pit wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 11:44:
Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 10:49:
Kosumo wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 01:15:
His live stream video of him playing the game a few days ago says it all.

Wow, was that painful.

I watched this and... BWAHAHAHAHA! This is hilarious!

What's even more hilarious is the excuses that the fanboi cultist white knight apologists came up with for Christ Roberts' "performance" like saying that Christ has been playing much more advanced, near finished internal builds of Star Citizen and that he just had a hard time to figure out this ancient alpha build that they released to the unwashed massed.
I mean how do you even come up with something like this unless you have been totally brainwashed from A to Z? Jesus H Christ. There are some poor sucker souls among this weird cult.
3398 Comments. 170 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

Blue's News logo