Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3427 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access
1. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access Jan 26, 2016, 20:22 CJ_Parker

Fuck inXile. Early access buyers of today are getting access before loyal backers who pledged for the physical CEs back in 2013 (physical pledge level <$250). Another dev who won't be getting a single penny from me no more.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 26, 2016, 20:15 CJ_Parker

That's really cool of them to post that kind of roadmap AFTER selling millions of season passes in advance. But I guess that's just what happens when shit meets a million brainless flies.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Canadian man gets $8K refund from Microsoft for in-game purchases. Jan 26, 2016, 12:06 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 11:48:
How the hell is there $8000 worth of DLC for a console version of a FIFA game?

That's some slick DLC abuse, Microsoft and whoever made that game.

It's called FIFA points and who else could it be than EA, of course!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Canadian man gets $8K refund from Microsoft for in-game purchases. Jan 26, 2016, 11:11 CJ_Parker

... a.k.a why post-natal abortion should be legalized.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 25, 2016, 21:34 CJ_Parker

Yup. Nothing brings out the cultists like when they have a chance to defend Christ Roberts most OBVIOUS lies. Unbelievable. Incredible. And sad...

Edit: This guy here sums it up pretty well, too (nope, that's not me posting under my SC account... I don't know the poster).

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2016, 22:00.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 25, 2016, 21:19 CJ_Parker

Wow. Christ Roberts has just hit a new all-time record of bullshitting Star Citizen backers. I'm talking about the bit on Star Marine. Incredible. I could hardly believe my ears when I heard the lies he spouted. And he even whined about people who took him by his earlier word. Un-fucking-believable. What a lying sack of feces.

The quick and dirty rundown is:

- Star Marine official reveal on 11/4/2014 at PAX AU. Announced for "early 2015", later shifted to March/April.
- March/April goes by without a peep. May, too. And also June.
- Ben Lesnick pops up on July 9 saying effectively that everyone who thinks Star Marine is delayed indefinitely is a fucktard and that it is only a matter of "weeks, and not months/years/decades".
- From then on they FINALLY release fairly regular status updates like this one here.
- To this very day the Star Marine module (the level demoed at PAX) has still not been released.
- Christ Roberts says in today's 10ftC that everyone who expected the module to be released is a retard because it has always been the plan to just implement the FPS gameplay gradually into the Star Citizen persistent universe.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

News Comments > Star Wars: Imperial Commando Rumor
5. Re: Star Wars: Imperial Commando Rumor Jan 25, 2016, 20:32 CJ_Parker

No one wants to be an overrated retard with a jetpack who got killed by a blind smuggler and his hairy pet!  

News Comments > Star Wars: Imperial Commando Rumor
3. Re: Star Wars: Imperial Commando Rumor Jan 25, 2016, 20:21 CJ_Parker

Since EA has the exclusive rights to Star Wars I can't say I really give a flying f00k!

Those maricons can shove their DLC premium pass bullshit games where el sol no brilla, comprende muchachos?!

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. SC Gillian Jan 23, 2016, 10:30 CJ_Parker

No I generally don't watch (m)any movies/TV and definitely no series at all but I googled it just now and yeah that's the new hot Gillian I'm seeing there  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. SC Gillian Jan 23, 2016, 09:41 CJ_Parker

I'm an old fart but I've never had an interest in Gillian Anderson during her heyday. Agent Scully did absolutely nothing for me. Totally unsexy. Zero sex appeal. No thanks. Pass.
But today (or for a few years already actually) I find her fairly attractive. She's one of those rare specimen of the female gender who has actually become more attractive with age.

Old Gillian = meh
New Gillian = fapping material

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Trailer
9. Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 08:52 CJ_Parker

harlock wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 07:52:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 21:53:
There was this dev walkthrough (over an hour long) last week with tons of gameplay. It looks surprisingly decent but on the other hand it becomes clear quickly that this is just yet another AC/GTA-style open world clone where you simply head from one mini map icon to the next and that's it.

you mean its just like another Far Cry game? wow, how long did it take you to figure that one out, genius?

Pretty long. I believe I first sat down to evaluate some early samples six years ago. It's really been an uphill battle well into the fourth year when finally we had that sensational breakthrough and from then on it's been smooth sailing to this most epic conclusion. A few minor bumps in the road but nothing me and my awesome team of scientists and analysts could not handle.

Thanks for asking though. Keep an eye out for our master thesis on the whole subject. It's going to be in the 3000+ pages area so lots of material to delve into.

Oh. What's that? You're an illiterate dope monkey? Ooops. Too bad. But we were thinking about making an easy to digest video documentary for Sesame Street kiddies so I'm sure you'll enjoy that one. Watch this space for upcoming news!

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Trailer
2. Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 20, 2016, 21:53 CJ_Parker

There was this dev walkthrough (over an hour long) last week with tons of gameplay. It looks surprisingly decent but on the other hand it becomes clear quickly that this is just yet another AC/GTA-style open world clone where you simply head from one mini map icon to the next and that's it.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Streets of London Pack
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Streets of London Pack Jan 20, 2016, 15:23 CJ_Parker

Dude the gameplay is nearly the same across the entire series so all you got to ask yourself is whether you are more in the mood for Caribbean pirates and some decent ship combat or more in the mood for 19th century London? Make a decision and just go for it.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 18, 2016, 11:55 CJ_Parker

What a dumbfuck! The folks who actually won the pot should all donate $1 to her and then send her a nice photo of them bathing in cash accompanied by a sucks-to-be-you greeting card.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 17, 2016, 17:17 CJ_Parker

Yeah just like GTA V they can fuck right off with this late console port garbage. Wake me up when it sells for single digits. They don't deserve 20+ for treating PC gamers like lepers. Fuck those guys.  

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
69. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Jan 17, 2016, 12:16 CJ_Parker

Bradley wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 11:44:
Either we got lucky with our hardware, the people having problems don't know what they are doing, or they are making up stories to get on the Windows 10 hate bandwagon.

Sounds to me more like you're a Microsoft shill making up stories to get people to upgrade (see I can make some really dumb assumptions, too).
But, seriously, this always reminds me of those people who are completely blind fanbois. Like when a game comes out that has a few dozen reproducible bugs that will always happen to every single person using the program regardless of hardware because it is a software issue but then you have people like you here who will claim that the game has zero bugs and is running flawless 100% of the time. Whatever. If it helps you sleep better at night then nightie night with your flawless Win 10!

News Comments > Vivendi Sells Activision Stake
11. Re: Vivendi Sells Activision Stake Jan 16, 2016, 19:43 CJ_Parker

Stormsinger wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 13:05:
You have to wonder who made how much money on this deal. Because it sure looks like Vivendi was betting that Activision/Blizzard stock was going to crumble.

Life is good if you're a bankster.

Sounds to me more like they simply INSURED against a possible stock crumble via the hedge but were hoping for their investment, i.e. the stock price to rise, of course.
Now that the stock has really begun to crumble they are pulling out of the deal due to the recent stream of bad financial market news.

The stock market has been in serious turmoil since the new year because of China. Many financial experts expect this year to become a rough ride (China, IS terrorist attacks, war in Syria/Iraq, EU/US vs. Russia, Ukraine, Greece, North Korea, Catalonian independence movement, EU migrant crisis with huge inherent risks up to the EU falling apart as a worst case scenario, economic crises in all oil exporting countries, a further rise of US prime rates etc. etc. etc.).

So this is excellent timing by Vivendi. They cashed in when they still could and surely made a very nice buck since the stock has dropped just a little from its all-time high in December.
Cash is golden this year. As an investor you're going to want to have lots of cash reserves to buy stock this year when the market really crashes and burns (which might happen more than one time this year).

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
34. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 16, 2016, 11:37 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 11:08:
Do you want them to rush it and deliver an inferior product? I ask because that seems to be exactly what you're saying.

Nope. All I want is for them to be fucking HONEST for once and for Christ Roberts to stop spreading bullshit lies like in that Gamescom interview.
There is no way he actually believed what he was saying there unless he really is either completely fucking retarded or is on drugs. Seriously.

Also, I do think that the level of "fidelity" they are aiming for with the initial release is completely unnecessary and overblown. That's what expansions and continual development are for as with most crowdfunded games or MMOs.

There is absolutely no reason to hold everything back for the mythical huge commercial launch with the 100 star systems which we know probably will not happen within the next two/three/more years.

Look at Wasteland 2 Director's Cut or Divinity Original Sin 2 Enhanced Edition or any MMO. Games do not have to be absolutely perfect at release. A lot of the fluff CIG is adding is unnecessarily expanding the dev time for diminishing returns. There is a lot of mostly cosmetic "fidelity-enhancing" work they are doing now that they might as well have scheduled for future (free) add-ons/expansions/patches.

I'd rather have a great game I can play for years than a rushed game that meets an arbitrary estimate made early in development.

Everyone does and most crowdfunded games have seen delays, no big deal. A great game does not necessarily need to have the maximum feature set at launch (again see WL2 DC or D:OS EE). CIG should have gone through their list of stretch goals and checked out what they promised for launch (like the 100 star systems) and what they promised for later and then schedule stuff accordingly.
My personal impression with how they run things is that no one has ever revisited the original feature list or stretch goal list since 2012/2013.

What I am missing is their focus on an actual release. They are drifting along, randomly fulfilling some stretch goals and some features from the initial pitch but there is no real push towards a commercial product (except with S42 this year hopefully but even that remains to be seen). It is lacking a clear vision, a clear direction and "tightness".

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
44. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 16, 2016, 10:04 CJ_Parker

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 14:01:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 08:01:
I'm playing with a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and I put the thrusters on the throttle thumb stick which works pretty well. With a little help of the TARGET software (you don't need to be able to script... RTFM will do) I have set up my custom config and it works great. I've even done some silly stuff like using the green LEDs to indicate whether the landing gear is lowered or raised.
The long list of in-game commands/functions looks a little intimidating at first but once you figure out what you actually really need, you can create a profile where the stick is used to 100% and only a few buttons/switches/hats on the throttle. I can 100% literally play HOTAS including the menus at a station which I navigate with the thumb stick on the joystick. Might as well unplug the kb.

I wish I had paid the extra $$ for the Warthog.

I could use the extra buttons/switches, but the NEON BLUE of the x52 suckered me...as well as being much cheaper. Oh well. Maybe it will break and cause me to upgrade.

Do you use the "mode" settings at all? I don't have it set up, but am thinking it would be cool to have a "docking mode" where weapons get unmapped (or nulled) and flight controls switch to thrusters...or something like that. Main thing is unmapping weapons. I am surprised I only shot a station once before (and that was me forgetting to launch the external control app...yay, flight assist button without it defaults to SHOOT MISSILES!)

No I don't use that. I have arm/disarm weapons on one of the throttle buttons (red button on the left lever) so my weapons are always retracted when I don't need them.
And I think docking is easily achieved with the normal controls. I just fly to my pad normally (stick/throttle/pedals) and then use the thumb stick on the throttle (= thrusters) to land the ship inside the marker.

Docking mode seems unnecessary to me. Maybe it makes sense with different control schemes (console controllers specifically) but with a HOTAS you have so many options and buttons that you can easily assign each function to an individual button/switch/axis and don't have to use a mode switch.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
31. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 16, 2016, 09:53 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 02:52:
KS wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 18:19:
Here, I wait. I want to know what the gameplay is. Pure PvP?

There's a persistent universe that should play similarly to E:D, but on a smaller scale and with full individual FPS.

A minor correction here since I'm not sure what you mean by "full individual FPS" but FPS will not be enabled fully in the game. There will be FPS-enabled zones like back-alleys or certain contested space stations and so on. FPS will also be enabled in boarding situations.
But that's it. You will be able to go about your business unmolested in regular space ports.

As for PvP in space it is determined by a matchmaking slider. You have the option to control your likelihood of a PvP encounter via that slider from very likely to least likely. The game will then rather randomly throw you into PvP encounters depending on your preference and depending on what area/instance you are in and depending on the people in your surroundings and their preferences or slider settings.
So, yeah, space has non-consensual PvP (which is fucking retarded if you ask me but OK... let Christ Roberts find out the hard way if that is his wish...).

3427 Comments. 172 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo