Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3364 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month
3. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month Jan 6, 2016, 20:48 CJ_Parker

This bitch better be good. Star Citizen is gonna take ages, Elite: Dangerous is decent but not exactly a space combat sim so it is high time that at least one studio delivers some awesome sauce space action.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Retail Unit for Oculus Rift Backers
7. Re: Free Retail Unit for Oculus Rift Backers Jan 5, 2016, 23:41 CJ_Parker

NKD wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 22:49:
Some napkin math suggests this is around 7000 free Rifts being given away. Depending on the retail price they announce tomorrow, that's probably a total retail value higher than the total amount they made from their initial Kickstarter.

That's still not even pocket change for Suckerjerk.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta & Early Access This Month
4. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta & Early Access This Month Jan 5, 2016, 22:41 CJ_Parker

Everything they've shown so far looked like complete garbage. A super-intrusive UI, even worse than the Infinishitty engine, bland and sterile environments completely devoid of attention to detail and massive unstructured walls of text (yes, sort of a Torment trademark but this should be presented in a much better and modernized format).

So I'm not holding my breath, even though I'm in it at CE level (or a little beyond that even).

Ah well, I guess I'll see in 11 days whether the fears of a massive fuck-up are justified or not.

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28
18. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 16:32 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 15:55:
Sigh.

1) This is not a Windows 10 exclusive.
2) MS has nothing to do with the PC version. It is being published by Square.

Research. It is a good thing to do.

ad 1) I did not say it's a Win 10 exclusive. It is obviously a (timed) Shitbox exclusive, however.

ad 2) MS has nothing to do with the PC version? Right. Except for paying off Squeenix to keep it Shitbox exclusive for a couple months. Also, MS always has something to do with every single Windows-PC release by default since they are the platform holder so unless a game is a Mac or Linux exclusive then MS is always involved in every PC release.

So you might want to take your own advice re the whole research stuff...

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28
13. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 15:47 CJ_Parker

The exclusivity bullshit should not be rewarded. If the platform holder (Microsoft) shows that little respect for their very own Windows-PC customers then they do not deserve to be rewarded with a preorder or anywhere near full price purchase for their sleazy, treacherous, backstabbing asshole ways.

But I know I'm preaching to the choir. Y'all rushed head over heels to buy GTA V when it finally became available for PC so go right ahead and preorder RotTR as fast as you can. It will really help PC gaming if you do so and we will be rewarded with more great console exclusivity deals in the future. It's going to be totally awesome!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored
24. Re: Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored Jan 5, 2016, 15:41 CJ_Parker

SXO wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 10:12:
People can complain about Unity all they want, but you've been playing the games since the first you would have noticed the dropoff in quality right after the second. And when the third came out, that signaled them not even caring anymore, it was just a factory product assembled together to milk the coffers of the fans who still had hope.

I agree that AC2 was the best early game but Revelations and Brotherhood were not *that* far behind. AC3 was a turd but they came back with a vengeance with AC4 Black Flag. That game is truly great and easily on the same level as AC2.

I've only just started Rogue and haven't played Unity or Syndicate yet so can't speak for those but if you have quit the series after AC3 then you have quit one game too early because Black Flag is really good.

Anyway, there is quite a bit of up and down in the series. It is not true IMO that the series has gotten progressively worse. For me it's more like this: AC4 > AC2 > Rogue > Revelations > Brotherhood > AC3 > AC1.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored
16. Re: Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored Jan 4, 2016, 23:42 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 22:39:
Yeah, I never had much of a problem with the Desmond stuff. Especially in AC3, where he actually goes on missions and you DID stuff with him, it was pretty enjoyable.

I agree with that. I also liked the other characters quite a bit. Lucy was smart and sexy, Rebecca was fun and Shaun was a riot (the voice actor is a British comedian after all). Heck, even Desmond's dad was OK, too.
It's actually a bit of a pity that just when it all started working out much better with the real world plot that they decided to kill off Lucy and finally Desmond. Very anti-climactic... and quite disappointing how they continued/abandoned it in AC4 but at least it had an enjoyable Shaun cameo, albeit way too short and little.

As for this new series, this could become quite interesting if the Rome/Greece parts would be based on the famous Aeneas saga (Battle of Troy, Carthage and so on...).

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 4, 2016, 20:29 CJ_Parker

OK, listen the fuck up, Suckerjerk:

- Female
- Slim
- Blonde (with the option to change hair color at will)
- Age 25 to 30
- Non-smoker/drinker
- Favors skimpy clothing
- 96/60/90 (natural titties)
- Willing and able to fuck 24/7

That is all. Make it happen. Pronto.

kthxbai,

your bro C.J.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday
33. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 4, 2016, 20:16 CJ_Parker

bigspender wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 17:58:
I have a feeling that Eve Valkyrie is going to make people feel very sick with all of that spinning and looping, with no clear indication of up and down.

Nah. Space games should actually be pretty easy on the stomach. You have no horizon in space so spinning, looping is really not much of an issue. Not knowing where up and down is, actually helps in avoiding motion sickness.

The much larger issues arise in e.g. flight sims when you have a horizon and your eyes and brain register where up and down is (and left and right) relatively to the horizon line. The problem is your eyes and brain say you're flying upside down or in a steep dive but your body is not reacting accordingly.

In space, however, there is no such thing as a deep dive. You can "dive" away into the black wide open in any direction. As long as there isn't a clear plane of reference that gives your eyes and brain a sense of a horizon, then space games should be among the best suited games for VR by far.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
46. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 19:42 CJ_Parker

TheEmissary wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 18:59:
So they say right now but who knows maybe it will show up six months from now when they are scratching their heads for expansion ideas to finish the season pass.

^ lol

Another poor soul who believes that EA/DICE are actually working on DLC after the game's release.

Protip: They are not. All the DLC is cut from the game and ready to go at release so DICE can 100% focus on the next game. That is why they know *exactly* right now that there will not be any TFA DLC beyond Jakku (which tbh I found surprising as well because I was fully expecting them to milk those udders until they bleed).

DICE is not working on DLC. They are already slaving away on the 2016/2017 (whenever the next SWBF needs to coincide with a movie release) installment and its DLCs that will be cut from the game again so they can sell a $50 premium pass to the mentally challenged fantards.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 4, 2016, 15:18 CJ_Parker

LC wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 13:36:
What's EOL for Windows 7 support anyway? 2017?

2020, dude. Says so in the article, too.

*sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppp*

Speaking to Windows Weekly, Microsoft Marketing chief Chris Capossela explained that users who choose Windows 7 do so “at your own risk, at your own peril” and he revealed Microsoft has concerns about its future software and hardware compatibility, security and more.

“We do worry when people are running an operating system that’s 10 years old that the next printer they buy isn’t going to work well, or they buy a new game, they buy Fallout 4, a very popular game, and it doesn’t work on a bunch of older machines,” Capossela stated. “And so, as we are pushing our ISV [Independent Software Vendor] and hardware partners to build great new stuff that takes advantage of Windows 10 that obviously makes the old stuff really bad and not to mention viruses and security problems.”

He also stressed it is “so incredibly important to try to end the fragmentation of the Windows install base” and to get users to a “safer place”.

There’s only one problem with Capossela’s statements: they are complete rubbish.

Windows 7 is no less secure than Windows 10 (it will be supported until 2020) and no less compatible with new hardware and software. In fact its far greater market share means it is developers’ priority and has greater compatibility with legacy programmes and peripherals. If Fallout 4 won’t run on your Windows 7 computer, it will be upgrading your components not installing Windows 10 which fixes that.

As for fragmentation, the only issue that creates is for Microsoft and its target of getting one billion devices running Windows 10 within 2-3 years of release. And this is where the true motivation for Capossela’s statements become clear

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
27. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 14:22 CJ_Parker

If those numbers are true then it is another testament to the sad state of affairs in gaming land. But to everyone who bought this piece of shit: You only have to blame yourselves for what is to come.

Since there are more than enough dumbfucks just begging to be milked, if I were EA, I would crap out a cheap ass casualized BF5 with lots of DLC packs and a $150 all-inclusive premium edition, too. If that's what people ask for then that's what they deserve.

They will most likely also "revisit" Mass Effect Andromeda and other upcoming games for how to make them even more simple for the masses. Who can blame them really? Why put actual effort into developing more complex games or gameplay systems when you can get away with something like SWBF?

So a big round of applause to all the frickin' morons supporting this constant drifting and shifting towards more casual games and shitty business practices. Remember: YOU asked for it. It's not EA's fault to cater to YOUR demands. They will keep up their shitty practices as long as dipshits keep buying their games.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: JC3 second thoughts Jan 4, 2016, 00:10 CJ_Parker

Task wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 23:34:
The priority in FO4 mods are bouncing boobs

would ya care to elaborate wuts wrong wit dat??

News Comments > Op Ed
53. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2016, 21:50 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 17:31:
As for DRM, DRM in the 90's was pretty awful. Remember when you had to refer to manuals or code wheels in order to answer DRM questions? Or when you had to enter 16 digit cd keys every time you installed a game? At least Steam has numerous benefits (two-click installs, automatic updates, cloud saves, achievements, trading cards, chat, matchmaking, leaderboards, etc). DRM in the 90's had zero benefits to the end user.

And yet there is one big difference. I can take any game from my collection from the 1990s, jump through those hoops and play any time I wish for pretty much all eternity since everything is offline. I own the actual fucking game and I'm not just renting it like through Steam.
Don't give me scratched CDs. I'm a non-smoker and I take care of my stuff. I'm not one of those retards who spills mountain dew and dope all over their media. I own a lot of old games from the 1990s and not a single one has let me down so far. Original CDs last a looong time apparently.

But if Steam, or just your account, goes bust for some stupid reason, well, buh-bye to all those games you once rented. Or another worst case scenario: If the non-critical (and Steam is definitely non-critical even if the fantards will claim otherwise) parts of the internet go tits up for weeks or months because of a massive cyberattack. You might be able to play the games you have installed in offline mode but you won't have a chance to install/download any games from your library.

And that is why I (at least most of the time) refuse to pay more than €9.99 for my rented games. If the companies are not willing to sell me a product that I can actually play 100% of the time but where I depend on the existence of an online connection, the availability of the provider's servers, the actual continued existence of the provider itself and the goodwill of the staff of the provider, well, then I'm going to make some deductions from that full price. Simple as that.

Gimme a digital delivery like GOG, i.e. DRM-free where it lets me download and backup the installer for all eternity and we might be talking full price purchases again but until then I will continue to be a cheapskate because Steam and others are also cheapskates when it comes to respecting my consumer rights. Fuck'em all.

News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2016, 10:28 CJ_Parker

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 08:15:
Also please remember you guys are the exact same people who lose your goddamn MINDS if a game isn't perfect the day it comes out alongside its console brother (Arkham Knight), but cry cry CRY if a game is delayed to avoid that situation (Rise of the Tomb Raider). I'm looking directly at you, CJ_Parker. It's like you're doing everything you can to get devs to say "fuck it, I'm done being hated for everything I do".

Dude, I'm looking directly back at ya and calling bullshit . First, Shittysoft did not delay RotTR for quality reasons but only because of their shady backroom exclusivity asshole deal with Squeenix in a vain hope that gamers might buy a Shitbox over the holidays just for TR.
Secondly, I am definitely not in the camp of people crying over delays if they are indeed about quality assurance. I have an insane backlog and always have some other shit to play. I embrace delays as an opportunity to catch up just a little more.
And thirdly I'm usually not a release day purchaser at all. I might have made an exception for RotTR because I'm a huge day 1 fan of (almost... let's pretend AoD never happened) the entire franchise.

But, generally, for 99.9% of the garbage that is released these days I'm waiting for discounts. My sweet spot is a price <= €9.99. I'm not paying more for digital rent and DRM shenanigans and I don't care whether it's called Steam, Origin, uPlay or Battle.net. Give me a DRM-free (CD/DVD check would be fine) retail copy or a DRM-free GOG copy and I might consider a full price purchase but fuck this tied-to-account DRM games-4-rent bullshit.
If the deep discount era is over, fine, I'll just wait longer until the price arrives in my comfort zone. I'm not some hipster kid who always needs to play the latest release to be "in the know". It's all the same garbage anyway. The AAA formula is cookie cutter crapola.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Despite Microsoft's increasingly aggressive tactics, Windows 10's growth continues to slow. Jan 2, 2016, 13:10 CJ_Parker

This should read "because" and not "despite". I mostly have not upgraded my desktops yet because I'm too lazy to clean install (why "upgrade" something that works perfectly?) and have had a less than smooth experience with upgrading (= downgrade in practice) my laptop from Win 7 to Win 10.
The retarded Win 10 spam from Shittysoft is making it very easy to just stick with Win 7. It is giving me this nice, warm, fuzzy feeling inside like I'm flipping them the birdie 24/7. Them obnoxious fucks.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 31, 2015, 11:33 CJ_Parker

LOL@200m dipshitz  

News Comments > Descent Royalty Dispute
3. Re: Descent Royalty Dispute Dec 30, 2015, 11:56 CJ_Parker

How's that Fallout MMO coming along, Herve??

Bwwwaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaahahahahaaa

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2015, 06:00 CJ_Parker

You'd have to pay me to watch that garbage.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
10. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 28, 2015, 09:34 CJ_Parker

Yup. They need to make up their mind. Do F2P and have all that DLC hell and microtransaction bullshit or do B2P and only update the game via free patches/DLC or substantial retail expansions.
But what do you expect from a company that tried the D3 RMAH or charges people actual money for watching their Blizzcon advertising event online.

That one specifically is the craziest shit ever in my book... people paying to watch an advertising event... goddammit, how fucking bold and greedy do you have to be to come up with this shit and how fucking mouthbreathing braindead retarded do you have to be to actually pay for the stream???

Anyway, if you have "fans" like that then you might as well try to gouge the suckers and sell a F2P game for $60 just because you can. I'd do the same if I were Blizzard. Farm the tards as long as you can. Fair game.

3364 Comments. 169 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo