Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3427 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > The Division Season Pass Details
16. Re: The Division Season Pass Details Jan 29, 2016, 15:37 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 11:59:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 10:30:
Think about if Bethesda had made the compound building aspect of Fallout 4 a season pass DLC. That's pretty much my reaction to most of these season passes. I'm not against season passes if they actually provide a lot of value. For example CD Projekt Red's season pass offers two legit expansions. The DLCs are free. THAT'S the way to do season passes. If companies are going to charge almost as much for a game for the season pass then they better damn well make it worth the cost, and as I see it they are not offering anything even remotely close to what they're asking for.

1) Imagine a world where Bethesda would dare to include ridiculous DLC in their games... Horse Armor ring a bell??

Horse armor was $1.99, dude. Peanuts and chicken shit.

3) It's always up to the consumer to decide if the content is worth it.

Oh really? Then what is your problem with $1.99 horse armor? Why is it "ridiculous"? It was a quest to obtain the horse armor item. The problem is...?

In this case, because no one knows what the content for The Division is, I find it hard to believe that you know something that none of us do.

Only 1/3 (expansion no. 3) is unknown. The other two DLCs are straightforward and everyone can imagine exactly what they will get.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quoteworthy - EA on PC Gamer Trust
4. Re: Quoteworthy - EA on PC Gamer Trust Jan 29, 2016, 10:21 CJ_Parker

Yeah Origin is the least of their problems. It's a decent gaming client. The real problem is the bullshit business practices surrounding it all like overpriced DLC, season/premium passes made up of cut content, retarded preorder incentives, poor game balance in favor of preorder/microtransaction/DLC items etc. etc. etc.  

9. Re: The Division Season Pass Details Jan 28, 2016, 23:46 CJ_Parker

Yeppers. Obvious cut content is obvious.  

3. Re: The Division Season Pass Details Jan 28, 2016, 19:35 CJ_Parker

What sounds compelling to me is to give this entire game a PASS and for more than just one SEASON!  

News Comments > SNOW Open Beta
2. Re: SNOW Open Beta Jan 28, 2016, 19:33 CJ_Parker

Informer

You know say Daddy Snow me, I'm gonna blame
A licky boom-boom down

'Tective man says Daddy Snow stabbed someone down the lane
A licky boom-boom down

Informer

You know say Daddy Snow me, I'm gonna blame
A licky boom-boom down

'Tective man says Daddy Snow stabbed someone down the lane
A licky boom-boom down

News Comments > EA Financials
1. Re: EA Financials Jan 28, 2016, 18:42 CJ_Parker

A big list of nope.

Also, the PC is dying (again).

Shit this fuck!

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises
26. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises Jan 28, 2016, 17:43 CJ_Parker

Cabezone wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 17:08:
A quick FYI, very high textures requires 6gb vram.

Maybe on paper like with ME:SoM but I've seen several (OK two) hardware reviews of the game and it was stated that even at 4K there is no VRAM issues.
The raw performance demands will drag the game into the 30fps region even with a 980Ti so 4K maxed out is not playable to begin with (as usual with most demanding AAA games... we're nowhere near "4K ready").

At 1080p the game is supposed to sit at just over 3GB and at 4K just under 4GB VRAM usage.

The GTX 970 with its 3.5GB "limit" is supposed to run into issues at 1440p though so apparently you do need fast'n'full 4GB VRAM for 1440p.

^ all of the above based on the worst case benchmarks those sites ran so the game will run even better and "juster finer" Wink in probably more than 90% of the in-game situations.

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises
13. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises Jan 28, 2016, 13:30 CJ_Parker

TangledThorns wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 12:39:
As much as I loved the last game I don't want to pay $60. I'll wait till I see a deal.

Waiting is definitely the order of the day for this game:

- To not support the exclusivity bullshit with a full price purchase
- Wait for the DLC and the complete edition
- Wait for the DirectX 12 patch (not guaranteed to come but very, very likely)
- Tomb Raider is going to have its 20th anniversary later this year... I'm betting they will have lots of specials, additional content and pretty big discounts then

JayDeath wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 13:23:
I just left the Steam forum. Apparently the game is now %10 off on Steam while those who preordered paid full price. Ha! Let the shitstorm begin!

Serves the dumbfucks who preorder right.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Benchmarks Jan 28, 2016, 12:29 CJ_Parker

TL;DR AMD fucked it up real good once more!  

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Into the Black Jan 28, 2016, 02:50 CJ_Parker

InBlack wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 02:40:
Uhh Cj, you do realize DX12 works only on Windows10? You can't really call yourself anti-Microsoft and have that OS installed on your PC. Not with a straight face anyway...

This is part of the waiting game. I will take advantage of the free upgrade but at the last minute. Then play Tomb Raider some time next year or even 2018 probably when the GOTY sells for less than $10. Yeah I prolly won't pirate but buy it from a key site so I can get a stolen (or nVidia promo) key that no one official gets any money for .

6. Re: Game Reviews Jan 27, 2016, 21:25 CJ_Parker

OK, y'all keep supporting this, well, you'll see what you get from your buddies at Microsoft in return. They will reward this handsomely with even more and longer timed exclusives.

I will definitely wait to either pirate or buy the GOTY edition with all DLC when it is at least -75% off also because there's talk about an upcoming DirectX 12 patch so like all modern half-assed PC releases this game will only get better with time.

But yeah go ahead and buy the release version with cut content, bugs and only DirectX 11. Show those Microsofties just how much of a bunch of suckers you really are!

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access
31. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access Jan 27, 2016, 20:44 CJ_Parker

Ceribaen wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 19:16:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 18:40:
@Ceribean: Maybe read the thread? You are completely factually wrong about the tiers at which people now have or have not access to the game/beta/early access. Why even bother replying if you don't even understand the basics?

I did read the thread.

250 is where physical rewards gains beta access.
150 is where the CE physical tier sits.
75 is where digital gains beta access.
20 is the buy in for KS backers who do not currently have beta access.
44 and change is the buy in for EA entrants.
Also, as I recall, it was 20 was the initial tier for a digital copy with no access to betas.

Which part of that did I misread?

But I still don't understand what would make you upset that you don't get access to a bug-filled story based rpg now, rather than waiting for the time you originally assumed you were going to get it?
Also, how do you assuage the (correctly I might add) upset people who paid for a beta access if they grant the non beta tiers EA just because they started selling a non-KS discounted beta buy-in?

Let me put it this way. They should have done either of these two things in my opinion:

- Since early access at $44.99 effectively buys you beta access right now, they should have handed out keys to all KS backers, regardless of digital or physical tier, who have pledged $44.99 or higher.
If they would be nice they would maybe even extend it to tiers starting at $39 or $35 or even lower since KS backers made this game possible in the first place almost THREE years ago and had to stomach many delays already.
The $20 beta pass is complete bullshit. It needs to not even exist. It is an insult.

- Alternatively they should have had a much longer beta period where only the original KS backers have access ($75 up and $250 up respectively). No one is complaining about the original idea. That's fine. The huge gap between physical and digital makes no fucking sense whatsoever but OK... people had a choice when the KS was on.

The only real problem here is that early access is fucking it all up.
Why does a Johnny Come Lately early access dude who coughs up $44.99 now that the game is almost done (a very safe investment) get treated better (has more access privileges) than people who pledged a multiple of $44.99 in the case of physical tiers way back in 2013 when this was a much more unsafe loyalty/good faith investment?

Knowing inXile this game will be in early access for months (WL2 took nine months) so getting in now for $44.99 is quite a feat. Let us assume Torment will be in early access for the same period of time.
The complaints would probably be way milder if, say, beta would have run for eight months and then early access only meant a week or a month max but this is not going to be the case.
People who pledged $45 or $50 (digital) or below $250 for a physical tier are really getting screwed in the a by early access. Especially for the digital people it would have been much better to just wait for early access instead of making a pledge.

29. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access Jan 27, 2016, 18:40 CJ_Parker

@Ceribean: Maybe read the thread? You are completely factually wrong about the tiers at which people now have or have not access to the game/beta/early access. Why even bother replying if you don't even understand the basics?

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Trailer & Details
2. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Trailer & Details Jan 27, 2016, 18:24 CJ_Parker

Dude. You're not seriously calling her "Laura" in 2016??

DafuqXX0ration????!??!?

Please...

3. Re: Game Reviews Jan 27, 2016, 15:25 CJ_Parker

Thanks for supporting Microsoft's bullshit shady backstabbing exclusivity deals. Thank you very much indeed.  

25. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access Jan 27, 2016, 12:47 CJ_Parker

The only reason they are doing EA this early is because Wasteland 2 made ~$3 million on Kickstarter and then doubled this sum in EA. It's not about testing. It's about $$$.  

20. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access Jan 27, 2016, 09:33 CJ_Parker

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 22:14:
Well, duh... I bought the base-level CE, but I did so knowing full well that it did not come with beta access. There's no reason to bitch about not getting something you did not pay for, it's not like they promised it to you and didn't deliver.

Very true and if you would have actually read my post I even said so myself.
The problem here is that they equate beta and early access. They launched the beta on January 17 and early access on January 26. And they treat early access exactly the same as beta.

*That* is the issue because it allows a completely new group of customers (early access purchasers) to hop right in for $44.99 while those of us who pledged two or three times as much are still being kept out.

They should have differentiated between beta and early access. Early access should have come much later when everyone (including CE backers) would have received their keys.

Oh well, I'm never ever going to support these fuckers again anyway so don't even really give a shit anymore.
I'm done with crowdfunding and getting treated like a second or third class customer time and again.
With indies I will just stick to my AAA principles and only buy finished, complete bundles on deep discount sales (GOTYs, Enhanced Editions, Director's Cuts... whatever they gunna call it).
Indies have proven they are not one bit better than the big publishers. Greed, lies, fraud and disregard is prevalent everywhere.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 26, 2016, 22:08 CJ_Parker

DangerDog wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 21:36:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 20:15:
That's really cool of them to post that kind of roadmap AFTER selling millions of season passes in advance. But I guess that's just what happens when shit meets a million brainless flies.

Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Anyone buying either the $120 super special edition deluxe version or the $50 season pass before even getting a hit as to what is in it is a fool.

Yep. That's exactly what I was trying to say with my shit and flies analogy .
I never bought the game, let alone the season pass, and I probably never will looking at that roadmap. I would only buy the ultimate edition when it sells for under $10 and by then they'll probably have shut down the servers so fuck this game in its entirety.

7. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access Jan 26, 2016, 21:59 CJ_Parker

Acleacius wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 21:38:
They could be giving EA differently because they want input from as many people as possible, not just hard core elite? Though, I'm not clear on the extra $20, so I must be missing something.

As of Kickstarter back in 2013:

- Digital tiers of $75 and above have beta access
- Physical tiers of $250 and above have beta access

So far so good. Not really cool for people who pledged $150 for the physical CE but whatever. People had a choice.

Fast forward to 2016 and inXile releases the beta for backers on January 17.

Only a little over a week later, today, they launch the game on early access so any random John Doe can buy the game and start playing right now for $44.99.

The only way for KS backers of physical tiers below $250 (see above) to also start playing/testing right now would be to buy an additional $20 beta (= early access) pass.

This is fucking bullshit.

3. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access Jan 26, 2016, 20:53 CJ_Parker

Well, people like me who pledged for the limited CE could buy a beta pass for $20 to join now because inXile apparently considers early access and beta as the same thing.

I'm actually convinced they did this fully on purpose. They know that those people pledging for physical CEs are most likely the hardcore fans who will also cough up the $20 for an additional beta (early access) pass.

Well, I'm not. I will be auctioning off my limited CE as soon as possible on eBay. I'm completely disgusted by their shitty practices and no longer interested in the game which looks like crap anyway. If I want a clunky interface and read long texts off a screen I'll buy a fucking shitty Kindle, not Torment.

3427 Comments. 172 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo