Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3323 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month
8. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 27, 2015, 14:41 CJ_Parker

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 14:21:
I don't see you fuming about Mario Kart 8 or The Last Of Us not coming to PC.

Big difference. Sony is not the Windows-PC platform holder. They can do on the PS4 (and the PC) whatever they wish. They have absolutely no obligation -moral or otherwise- to bring PS games to the PC.

But MS do, at least when it comes to established crossplatform franchises (I conceded it'd be fine if they did their own exclusive Shitbox franchise). As the platform holder they should use their market power IN FAVOR and NOT AGAINST PC gamers.

Instead they choose to backstab PC gamers again and again. They release one or a couple of games in a franchise on PC and then the rest exclusively on consoles to "entice" PC gamers to make the switch (e.g. GoW, Fable, Halo).
Or they make shady backroom exclusivity deals like this one here with Tomb Raider. Fuck that and fuck them.

The last 2013 Tomb Raider was one of the very few games I preordered and actually paid full price for in the last five years. This new one will be a freebie thanks exclusively to Microsoft's shitty PC policies.

Did you pirate GTAV for not coming to PC for TWO YEARS?

Not yet because I do not really care too much about human roadkill simulators but I might... or wait for the $4.99 sale in a couple years.
That was definitely another abysmal treatment of PC gamers but at least the platform holder had nothing to do with it.
Again: Big difference. This was a decision solely made by those assholes at Take2/Fuckstar and not Mickeysoft.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 27, 2015, 13:55 CJ_Parker

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 13:24:
How is it bullshit that they want exclusives for their console?

And this was a pretty short exclusivity period (well, except for PS4, but whatever).

This just sounds like you looking for ANY excuse to pirate it instead of paying.

I enjoyed the first one, but I'm still not gonna pony up $60. Although at $30, I'll likely get it. I'd rather get it for PC, especially since I now have one of these spiffy g-sync monitors.

Wrong. The occasions I pirate a game you can count on one hand over the last decade. I pirated some of the Wolfensteins because I can not legally obtain and activate an uncut copy in my country ever since the invention of the region lock bullshit on Steam.
I also pirated a couple of the Call of Doodies which suffered from the same region lock asshole bullshit (like MW2 with the controversial airport scene).
And that's it. That's all the games I pirated in the last 15 years or so.

As for "How is it bullshit that they want exclusives for their console?". That was a joke question, right?
Microsoft, out of all publishers, and being the platform holders of both Xbox and Windows-PC, should be the first ones in line to be actively working towards consumer choice.
They should be taking care of each game getting released simultaneously worldwide in the best possible version on Xbox and on Windows-PC and let the consumer decide which version to buy. What a concept!

You know... like no cut features from the PC version, no stripped down visuals, no exclusivity bullshit, nothing. But that is exactly what those fuckers at MS are doing. They are actively sabotaging, not helping PC releases.
They are undermining PC gaming every chance they get in order to influence and gear consumer choice towards their retarded Shitbox console.

I would be way more understanding if they created an all new franchise exclusively for Xbox. Fine. Go ahead, MS. But to hijack Tomb Raider like this is a new all-time low in terms of disrespect towards PC gamers. And that is why I'm gonna pirate this game with a huge grin on my face while pointing my stretched out middle finger in the general direction of Redmond, WA.

1. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 27, 2015, 12:51 CJ_Parker

Good. I'll pirate this fucker out of spite for Microsoft and the bullshit exclusivity. Bring it on.  

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
36. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 26, 2015, 20:50 CJ_Parker

Well, if anyone is interested in some pretty interesting (and kind of worrying for those who are hoping for the full fledged PU to ever happen) info on the current server issues then check out this video where CIG's Sean Tracy (formerly Crytek and the maker of the Mechwarrior Living Legends mod) talks about the challenges they are facing. This is a guy who knows the CryEngine in and out and he admits it is problematic on the server side.

When you put 1 + 1 then you will know why Star Marine is still nowhere to be seen. The instancing system is simply way too slow with its updates (among other issues which are animation related).
By the way, the whole Sean Tracy segment is pretty interesting so if you have the time then make sure to rewind and watch it all.
For example, he also confirms what I've been saying for a long time which is that releasing those modules for marketing purposes is actually detrimental to development and holding it back because they need to support their live builds while at the same time continuing the actual development of the game.
Working on the live builds requires them to work on systems that are already obsolete so some of it is totally a waste of time.

Anyway, as you can tell from Sean Tracy's little speech, at under 10% of the features in the game they are massively struggling with the server side of things already. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.
I'm very glad I'm mostly in it for Squadron 42 because there is no doubt that they can and will pull off a somewhat decent single player space game but the PU (at least as advertised) is pretty much fucked as far as I can see (and as many of us have predicted from the start when the feature list and scope just kept exploding).

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2015, 20:58.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
22. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 26, 2015, 11:58 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 11:44:
Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 10:49:
Kosumo wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 01:15:
His live stream video of him playing the game a few days ago says it all.

Wow, was that painful.

I watched this and... BWAHAHAHAHA! This is hilarious!

What's even more hilarious is the excuses that the fanboi cultist white knight apologists came up with for Christ Roberts' "performance" like saying that Christ has been playing much more advanced, near finished internal builds of Star Citizen and that he just had a hard time to figure out this ancient alpha build that they released to the unwashed massed.
I mean how do you even come up with something like this unless you have been totally brainwashed from A to Z? Jesus H Christ. There are some poor sucker souls among this weird cult.

News Comments > Steam Issues Fixed
2. Re: Steam Issues Fixed Dec 26, 2015, 11:51 CJ_Parker

What a bunch of incompetent shitcocks. I had massive login issues, then Steam changed the language every two minutes and ignored trying to reset it to English, it was completely fucked up for several hours yesterday.

This is something that plain should not happen if there were professionals at work behind the Steam curtains. This incidence reaffirms my notion that Valve is a bunch of amateurs held together by a fat blob in the center called Gabe.

If I could I'd take my 300+ games elsewhere instantly. Fuck those amateur clowns.

News Comments > Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt
53. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 26, 2015, 11:41 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 10:18:
Watch out, more spoilers ahead!
KilrathiAce, I think Rey knows how to use the force because she has been a padawan at Luke's new Jedi academy that was attacked and destroyed by Ben Solo-Organa aka Kylo Ren. That's my interpretation based on Rey's vision when she touches the magic light sword. I guess she survived the attack and when Luke shut down the academy (and the jedi) after the attack, she was brought to Jakku, and either the trauma/the shock of the attack made her forget everything or a jedi mind trick helped her to forget about it. It's just a guess, though, because I think JJA and Larry Kasdan wanted to spare that part of Rey's story for the sequels.

Spot on... and we will also learn that she is Ben's twin sister. I can already see it in episode VIII. Ben/Kylo has her on the edge of some scaffolding with her arm chopped off and then... "No. I am your brother!".

/golfclap

Maybe Disney wants us to buy the accompanying books and comics to learn about those 30+ years?

Yes... or one of those other spin-off movies that are supposed to come out in between the new episodes here and there.
It would also be a good era to cover with games but the last time they had such an opportunity (to cover the space between eps III and IV) they crapped out the TFU games so I'm not exactly hopeful in that regard. The lack of good story-driven Star Wars games is actually kinda appalling if you consider the theoretically rich lore and background.

35. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 25, 2015, 23:16 CJ_Parker

Rossafur wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 21:16:
Kylo Ren... should not have been unmasked (literally and... emotionally?) that early. Now they have to do some SERIOUS work on his character to get anyone to fear/respect him as a real villain in the future.

Nah. He's done. Even w/o the unmasking he was done for me when he threw those silly temper tantrums and smashed stuff to pieces in anger. How utterly silly was that?

The unmasking was done for the teenage girlie fans. "OMG he's so handsome and yet so evil, how can it be?".

The mask is retarded anyway. Vader actually needed it for life support. Kylo wears it... why? To look more evil? It's dumb and silly. Maul, Palpatine, Dooku. None of them wore a dumb unnecessary mask.

It is also already obvious that Rey will eventually turn him back to the light side either because they will discover that they are twins (an element just waiting to be rehashed as well from the prequels) or because they will fall in love with each other.

I'm betting on the twin thing. Luke trained them both from an early age, then something bad happened like maybe one of Kylo's/Ben's tantrums where maybe he force-choked her to near death, which wiped her memory and made Han and Leia believe their daughter was dead.

Now that Rey has found Luke they will take on the 1st order. Kylo will kill Luke at some point and then in the final movie Rey will show him the light like Luke did with Vader and it will either kill Kylo or they will live happily ever after.

/Nostradamus out (but it's not that hard to predict if the lame-ass rehashing of themes continues as in TFA)

32. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 25, 2015, 21:10 CJ_Parker

Bundy wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 18:05:
harlock wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 17:36:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 17:19:
Siygess wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 17:09:
Heh, 'This' release of Star Wars Battlefront. I'm sure they will be excited to sell us such content in Battlefront 4.

As for TFA.. well, damn. A solid B- as a sci-fi film but I feel like JJ baked a chocolate cake but forgot to add in any chocolate.. and dealt with it by sprinkling a little on the top and making little jokes about it so it could be sold as a modern twist on the flavour you were expecting. Ironic chocolate cake.

After the opening crawl I felt nothing. Not even Ep 1 - 3 can make that claim!

You cannot embrace the new film. I can respect that. However, I would like to point out that you, like mellis, represent a minority of people who do not like the new film. I, on the other hand, represent the vast MAJORITY of people who do love the new film and look forward to seeing how the story unfolds... including the Anthology films (Rogue One, Han Solo, Boba Fett)

did you know a vast MAJORITY of people made kim kardashian and kanye west into famous people?

Still, critic and user reviews on rotten tomatoes has it at 94% and 91% respectively. You can argue that there are plenty of popular things that are horrible. Which is true, but episode 7 does appear to well received by regular folks, fans and critics alike. Personally I enjoyed it.

As far as critics go they count every review above 6/10 as positive AFAIK so it just means that 94% of critics gave it a score above 6/10. That's hardly surprising. The actual average critics score, by the way, is only 8.2/10 so that's hardly impressive for such a highly anticipated, hyped to hell and back movie.
Metacritic has it at 81% (critics) but the MC user score is only 7.2/10 and the user score at IMDB is 8.7/10 which, again, is not that impressive for the most hyped movie of all time.

Personally I'd have to agree with Siygess. It was a very mediocre and forgettable movie that had its moments for fans of the OT (like me) but I expected a lot more than a cheap and safe rehash.

As for the news here, I'm genuinely surprised that EA is not milking this cow full force. It's outright weird actually. You'd think they'd have Rey, Finn and Kylo lined up for a dirt cheap $49.99 per character or something like that. Odd...

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2015, 18:28 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 17:54:
CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 17:45:
It mostly fucking sucks because after waiting for ages I finally played all of their shitty games that require BW points for their even shittier DLC this year. So this discount is like me becoming quadriplegic and then Salma Hayek offering me a tittyfuck. You know... too fucking late is what it is.

Allow me to step in and point out: you'd probably still try to perform even being mostly paralyzed in that situation, so your analogy fails.

Dude, quadriplegic, dude... there is no "try to perform". Your sausage is limp, you can not thrust your hips back and forth, you can only barely (maybe) crawl on top of her and then... do fuck all except actually fuck anything. It's over, man. The most fucking pathetic "performance" ever. That's why the analogy holds.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2015, 17:45 CJ_Parker

It mostly fucking sucks because after waiting for ages I finally played all of their shitty games that require BW points for their even shittier DLC this year. So this discount is like me becoming quadriplegic and then Salma Hayek offering me a tittyfuck. You know... too fucking late is what it is.  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Progress Report
12. Re: BATTLETECH Progress Report Dec 23, 2015, 14:55 CJ_Parker

Slashman wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 13:36:
But I loved the Mad Cat. Why is it NOT in the game?

Because I specifically pledged to not have any insane meowing in the game. That's why.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Progress Report
1. Re: BATTLETECH Progress Report Dec 23, 2015, 10:38 CJ_Parker

Progress huh?

I like that, bitches!

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale
34. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 20:24 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 20:18:
oh look, CoD black ops 1 is on sale for %50 off. what a bargain.

zzzzzzzzz

not to mention that G2A and CDkeys prices are generally better than all the "deals" that i'm seeing here...

oh and the fact that it's been proven that Valve pumps the prices up in the weeks/months before the sale. the oooold pump and dump.

Dude, I wish someone would pump brain cells into your hollow skull and dump the garbage! Middlefinger

Valve/Steam does not make the prices. The publishers do. Get a fuckin' clue dammit!

24. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 16:55 CJ_Parker

descender wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 14:47:
If you thought you were going to get 2015 games for 80% off, well.........

... then check out the price on Mad Max. It's damn close!

23. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 16:51 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 15:01:
jacobvandy wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 14:41:
Yep, I hope y'all are happy, refunds have ruined Steam sales!

A 2 hour trial is shitty policy.

No it is not. The refund system is not for people to play ten hours (enough to finish some games), decide it sucks and get a refund... or just to get a refund because reasons.

The refund system is for people with unsurmountable technical issues with a game, i.e. to return a broken product. Two hours should usually be more than enough time to figure out if a game is broken beyond repair or incompatible with one's hardware.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's awesome that places like Origin have a much more generous refund policy but that does not make Steam's policy shitty. It's OK. Not great, not generous but fair and OK.

6. Re: Fallout 4?! Dec 22, 2015, 13:54 CJ_Parker

Steam is a piece of shit. Same shit every time there is a holiday sale. This kind of performance is abysmal for a billion dollar corp. Look at Amazon. They can have sales and keep their site usable. WTF are Valve doing except resting on their fat saturated dumb asses?? Goddammit!  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
10. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 22, 2015, 10:06 CJ_Parker

Dagnamit wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 09:38:
Shineyguy wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 09:28:
Can't wait for Pascal. I have SLI'd GTX 780s (previously had SLI GTX 470).

I want to get rid of my SLI setup and get monster Pascal. Hopefully GP100/GP110 releases out of the gate, and not GP104/GP114 as the top sku. If that's the case I'm likely waiting until near the end of the year for full GP100/GP110.

They haven't released the full-fat chip first for years now, because the mid-range proved to be so good. They're not changing that structure, because they get to charge a premium to enthusiasts two times in a generation.

The main reason they did not release the fat chip first in recent years was that we had no process shrink for a long time. With 28nm it made a lot of economic sense for nVidia (and AMD) to rip off people by releasing the mid range at high end prices but that will not repeat again.

With the shift to 16nm FinFET+ and an at first immature production node with relatively low yields and high costs, they will not mass-produce mid range stuff from the start and thus effectively throw away a lot of expensive wafers.

Instead they will go back to what they have always done when a new process (shrink) was introduced which is release from the top down.
GP100 will likely go first and be very expensive (low yields, early adopter premium etc.) while they continue optimizing the process for the mid range that will follow a few months later.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Documentary
9. Re: Pillars of Eternity Documentary Dec 22, 2015, 08:21 CJ_Parker

Well $.99 to watch them produce buggy garbage is a bit steep...  

News Comments > Division Leaked Alpha Footage
18. Re: Division Leaked Alpha Footage Dec 21, 2015, 16:14 CJ_Parker

djinn wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 16:08:
Fion wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 15:44:
...and having thigh-high walls/sandbags/etc in the middle of a street plainly announcing an upcoming battle utterly rips away my immersion.

This pretty much sums up Mass Effect 2 and 3 for me. Was the first as obvious as it's sequels? It's been too long.

Even more obvious because there was much less detail in the world. They did not even attempt to conceal the barriers in ME1. Generally speaking: The first part has aged extremely bad and there is a VERY noticeable drop in quality between 2 and 1.

3323 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo