Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3235 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Nova: Covert Ops Pre-purchases
2. Re: Nova: Covert Ops Pre-purchases Dec 1, 2015, 20:40 CJ_Parker

As someone who has preordered the CEs of all three SC2 games, I definitely feel like there should be some kind of loyalty discount for this.
Oh well, I guess I will reconsider my loyalty as far as purchasing future Blizz games is concerned.
It's also a joke how fast the price for the first two SC2 games crumbled. Lesson learned here: Wait for the compilation pack next time and get all three for the price of one. No problem, Blizzard, if that's what you want instead of preorders or release day purchases, you shall have it. I will gladly obey and save a ton of cash!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Released
9. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Released Dec 1, 2015, 17:46 CJ_Parker

Ventura wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 17:18:
I could terrorist hunt all day, so I picked it up.

Terrorist hunt would have been this game's saving grace and potentially could have made me consider picking it up on sale for $9.99 or less but TH is so fucking retarded that I will not bother with this game even if someone gave it to me for free.

It does not possibly get dumber than the retarded defend-the-bomb mini-game. So you finally get to the bomb and then this countdown starts where dozens upon dozens of terrorists come piling into the tiny room. If you run out of ammo (you will) and you have to reload or switch weapons at the wrong time you're dead.
This "gameplay" mode makes absolutely no fucking sense. Why would every terrorist be psychic and magically know that you started defusing the bomb? What kind of defuser is this that defuses the bomb unattended?

It's gamey bullshit is what it is. The strength of the classic R6 games was "realism" (as far as possible in a video game). This Siege piece of shit is the pinnacle of lameness.
The whole upgrade bullshit doesn't make any fucking sense either. So you're this SAS operative who needs to go on a dangerous mission but hey sorry man, nope, you can't have the best equipment or even the most basic shit like a proper scope for your rifle because you're too low level. LOL. Shitty and ridiculous. If you're special ops you need to have access to the best equipment from the start.

Ubi should have created a new franchise if they want to milk dumbasses for upgrade points but abusing and fucking up R6 like this is really, really sad.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 40-Player Battle Shown
37. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Dec 1, 2015, 16:41 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 08:46:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 22:38:
Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 21:42:
it's almost 2016 and online FPS devs are still struggling with # of players? Every 3d game wihether it be pve or pvp should have no problem supporting hundreds of npc and pcs with very minimal lag. the tech has been there for years now so use it!

What "tech has been there for years" to eliminate lag? Gaming is a global affair. Publishers can't really choose their audience and they can't economically offer servers for every single geographical region.
So you end up with broadband people physically close to the game servers who ping in at <20ms and then you have some maggot from Bumfuck, OH on LTE pinging in at 250+ms.

Due to the complexity of modern game engines, the advancements in 3D tech have actually had a detrimental effect as you can see by the lower player numbers than a decade ago because there is much more data that needs to be processed, checked and updated in "real-time"... well, or as close as you can get to that with the 200ms maggot.

This is not an issue of CPU/GPU processing power at all but an issue of not being able to predict latency. You need to get data from A to B and back to A while also calculating what C, D, E, F, G... and so on are doing at the same time.
This is a physical limitation of online. There is no tech to work around those limitations except hooking up every single gamer home with fibre but even then there'd still be limits to what you can do.

If only there was some way where players could see their latency to a server, and then pick which server they want to play on based on that latency.

We could call it... I dunno, like a server picker!

True, true... but it doesn't change the fact that for the maggot in Bumfuck, OH the best server for him could still be a 250ms lag affair.
There is no way to prevent that people with vastly different latency will join servers (unless you have real dedicated servers where the server admins can auto-kick people > 100ms for example).
But this wouldn't work for official servers or matchmaking. It would turn into a support nightmare for the publisher if they hardcapped connection latency limits.

@InBlack: I was talking about the complexity of modern 3D engines and actually specifically said that it is NOT an issue of graphical fidelity per se! The issue is huge maps (compared to the days of yore) with large distances where the clients and the server need to be on the same page at all times with regard to visibility, obstacles, physics, ballistics and modern complex damage models and so on...
Modern games need to keep track of a lot more variables than older games and keeping everything synchronized for everybody from the 20ms guy to the 250ms maggot is a huge challenge.
This is a real tangible technical hurdle. If it would not be we'd have plenty of MMOFPS games.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Released
6. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Released Dec 1, 2015, 16:02 CJ_Parker

yuastnav wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 11:23:
So how does this compare to Rogue Spear and Raven Shield?

This was a joke question, right?

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
18. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 1, 2015, 16:01 CJ_Parker

Hahahaha another AAA launch right down the toilet. Comedy gold.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
13. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 1, 2015, 15:55 CJ_Parker

StaticRandomNumber wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 13:08:
I am curious with these driver updates post game release. When they made the game (over the course of a few years), they must have used some older drivers and whatever they intended to display was done with those.

That a driver update post-release is suddenly a big optimization puzzles me quite a bit, unless the driver updates are simply corner cutting to make things run smoother.

Dude, modern GPUs have computing features that the developers take advantage of during game development to program their own custom shaders and effects.

All of this stuff will work fine on drivers that are available during the game's development. However, it is absolutely possible to optimize and accelerate these custom effects on driver level.

That's why the game devs cooperate closely with nVidia engineers towards the end of development to implement optimizations for the "game-ready" drivers.

These new drivers are supposed to make sure you have a smoother, better performing experience and hopefully no cosmetic glitches which might occur on older drivers in some circumstances.

News Comments > AMD Crimson Drivers Issue
22. Re: AMD Crimson Drivers Issue Nov 30, 2015, 23:19 CJ_Parker

Didn't that nVidia fan control issue almost only affect mobile GPUs because nVidia was throttling them too much under load and the GPUs overheated in the tiny confines of the laptop cases? I really don't remember it being a big deal at all.

The only nVidia card I have personally ever lost in those 15+ years was a Ti-4400 way back when and I've had a lot of cards in all those years.
I've had a flawless track record ever since that Ti-4400 in all regards with the exception of nVidia Surround and SLI on my second computer. That has required a little more maintenance than usual but my main single GPU computer has never given me any trouble from the GPU side of things.

News Comments > AMD Crimson Drivers Issue
20. Re: AMD Crimson Drivers Issue Nov 30, 2015, 22:49 CJ_Parker

TDR issues must be very limited. In ~15 years of nVidia GPUs from various vendors I have only seen the driver crash a couple of times and ONLY when a game crashed (mostly older games) and dragged the driver with it (= the game's fault). The driver restarted and recovered in less than a second so it was a complete non-issue every time.

I'm betting that, as usual, the real TDR issue is actually sitting in front of the screen and fucking around with nVidia Inspector to the point where the driver gives the dude the finger because of all the n00bness.

As for the AMD Crimson driver issues, well, this is why I have had nVidia GPUs exclusively in the past 15+ years Wink .

15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Nov 30, 2015, 22:38 CJ_Parker

Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 21:42:
it's almost 2016 and online FPS devs are still struggling with # of players? Every 3d game wihether it be pve or pvp should have no problem supporting hundreds of npc and pcs with very minimal lag. the tech has been there for years now so use it!

What "tech has been there for years" to eliminate lag? Gaming is a global affair. Publishers can't really choose their audience and they can't economically offer servers for every single geographical region.
So you end up with broadband people physically close to the game servers who ping in at <20ms and then you have some maggot from Bumfuck, OH on LTE pinging in at 250+ms.

Due to the complexity of modern game engines, the advancements in 3D tech have actually had a detrimental effect as you can see by the lower player numbers than a decade ago because there is much more data that needs to be processed, checked and updated in "real-time"... well, or as close as you can get to that with the 200ms maggot.

This is not an issue of CPU/GPU processing power at all but an issue of not being able to predict latency. You need to get data from A to B and back to A while also calculating what C, D, E, F, G... and so on are doing at the same time.
This is a physical limitation of online. There is no tech to work around those limitations except hooking up every single gamer home with fibre but even then there'd still be limits to what you can do.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 30, 2015, 21:01 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 10:53:
Either way, considering I miss literally EVERY fucking package the postal dudes send me I welcome these drones. I would even build a drone port.

Dude, you're in Germany, right? Why not use Packstation? Never miss a shipment again and pick up at your convenience after work, before work, between fucking your wife and your neighbor... ANYTIME!

Also, this drone business will take a loooooong time to get cleared for German airspace. Our country is too populated. You don't want a drone like this to collide with a police or SAR helicopter or GA and flying on street level is not as practical as in the US since houses in DE are usually taller and roads narrower.
I'm very sure it will take years of testing and regulation before this stuff gets a clearance to use the already very crowded German airspace, if ever.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 30, 2015, 20:49 CJ_Parker

Squirmer wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 16:59:
Then the Xbone and PS4 sold in record numbers.

^ fixed that for you

4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Nov 30, 2015, 20:28 CJ_Parker

Well, no dedicated servers so you will always be thrown into a match via the matchmaker. The game could have only a dozen players total and you'd still be able to play some of the modes.  

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2015, 21:03 CJ_Parker

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Nov 28, 2015, 11:01:
Considering the critical beating SWBF is taking and how players are reporting a severe disinterest in the game hours after purchasing it.. EA should do something (other than release 1 more world map) to get and possibly keep players.

Why would they? Episode VII is not even here yet. They are going to farm a shitload of $60 (+$50 season pass) sales from WalMart shopping movie goers and clueless parents who don't give two fucks about reviews or internetz drama. They're just going to want their kids to shut up and will buy it - at $60.

And the episode VII DLC (heroes, maps etc.) is also yet to come. Maybe they'll lower the price a little when that becomes available so base game plus the first episode VII DLC included = $60.

But just forget about any substantial discounts for a while. It won't happen. Digitally move to Mexico or use CDkeys.com if you absolutely must get this garbage game for cheap now. Or, you know, do what reasonable people like myself do: Just pass this fucker and play something decent instead!

News Comments > Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge Free on Origin
9. Re: Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge Free on Origin Nov 28, 2015, 20:46 CJ_Parker

There's fan-made fixes for everything. I got the entire C&C collection as a digital backup of my boxed copies and got the original Red Alert, Red Alert 2 and Yuri to run just fine on Windows 7 64-bit, nVidia GPU.
My native res is 1440p and the games do not scale very well so I'm playing at 720p (1280x720) which is exactly half my native res and looks'n'plays pretty well.

Note by the way that the default game speed is set to high so you might think at first that your CPU is too fast or something like that but all it takes is just setting the game speed to medium in the options menu.

It would be nice if EA/Origin would include links to the fan-made fixes or maybe even incorporate them (after asking the authors ofc) but it's not a big deal to DIY. Five minutes of "work" so not even one bit more effort than fixing the fucking consolitis of any modern AAA game (skip logos, FoV, controls, ini tweaking and all that crap).

Let's not pretend that this is only Origin either. Steam is just as shitty with their support of older games and sometimes games that aren't even *that* old...

News Comments > Saturday Previews
4. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 28, 2015, 14:58 CJ_Parker

I got a PTU invite because I'm a day one account but I'm not gonna install that immature garbage. Wake me up when they have something that is actually fun to play and not equal to shoving hot needles up your urethra.  

News Comments > Early Patch for Early Just Cause 3
3. Re: Early Patch for Early Just Cause 3 Nov 28, 2015, 14:55 CJ_Parker

This is one of those things that sucks about games being held hostage by retarded digital platforms. Back in the day you could have just walked home with your early copy, installed and played!  

News Comments > Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge Free on Origin
4. Re: Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge Free on Origin Nov 28, 2015, 14:52 CJ_Parker

Tavil wrote on Nov 28, 2015, 12:14:
Why is this news? Its been there for awhile now.

Yeah. Since September.

News Comments > Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans
16. Re: Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans Nov 28, 2015, 00:45 CJ_Parker

Well, there will be an official Sony licensed product coming out next month, the Hori Tactical Assault Commander.

However, there was also a version of this for the PS3 and according to reviews it really seems to depend on the game whether it works well or not. Let's hope the PS4 version will have some nice improvements.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2015, 19:57 CJ_Parker

Ummm when was the last time a AAA game (especially from EA) went on sale for FIFTY-FUCKING-PERCENT OFF after it's been available for only ELEVEN DAYS?

Nucking futs much, braaaahhh???

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
29. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 19:53 CJ_Parker

Overon wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 19:22:
harlock wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 19:05:
Razumen wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 17:47:
It IS illegal, especially if the price raise was only done as soon as the sale started, which every indication points to that being the case.

hahahaha... what planet are you living on?

gimme a fucking break

protip: MONEY IS GOD
It pains me to see how accepting some of you are to something like this. I'm not saying you need to riot but silence is acceptance and acceptance means you are sheep being lead to the slaughter.

Dude, ya need to wait for the weekend to pass by. All these slurpers are stuffed with mommy's turkey so they just don't give a fuck for the time being. Gotta wait until Monday when the hunger kicks back in and they become mean and pissed off again!

3235 Comments. 162 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo