Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3235 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access
29. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access Jan 27, 2016, 18:40 CJ_Parker

@Ceribean: Maybe read the thread? You are completely factually wrong about the tiers at which people now have or have not access to the game/beta/early access. Why even bother replying if you don't even understand the basics?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Trailer & Details
2. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Trailer & Details Jan 27, 2016, 18:24 CJ_Parker

Dude. You're not seriously calling her "Laura" in 2016??

DafuqXX0ration????!??!?

Please...

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jan 27, 2016, 15:25 CJ_Parker

Thanks for supporting Microsoft's bullshit shady backstabbing exclusivity deals. Thank you very much indeed.  

25. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access Jan 27, 2016, 12:47 CJ_Parker

The only reason they are doing EA this early is because Wasteland 2 made ~$3 million on Kickstarter and then doubled this sum in EA. It's not about testing. It's about $$$.  

20. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access Jan 27, 2016, 09:33 CJ_Parker

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 22:14:
Well, duh... I bought the base-level CE, but I did so knowing full well that it did not come with beta access. There's no reason to bitch about not getting something you did not pay for, it's not like they promised it to you and didn't deliver.

Very true and if you would have actually read my post I even said so myself.
The problem here is that they equate beta and early access. They launched the beta on January 17 and early access on January 26. And they treat early access exactly the same as beta.

*That* is the issue because it allows a completely new group of customers (early access purchasers) to hop right in for $44.99 while those of us who pledged two or three times as much are still being kept out.

They should have differentiated between beta and early access. Early access should have come much later when everyone (including CE backers) would have received their keys.

Oh well, I'm never ever going to support these fuckers again anyway so don't even really give a shit anymore.
I'm done with crowdfunding and getting treated like a second or third class customer time and again.
With indies I will just stick to my AAA principles and only buy finished, complete bundles on deep discount sales (GOTYs, Enhanced Editions, Director's Cuts... whatever they gunna call it).
Indies have proven they are not one bit better than the big publishers. Greed, lies, fraud and disregard is prevalent everywhere.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 26, 2016, 22:08 CJ_Parker

DangerDog wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 21:36:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 20:15:
That's really cool of them to post that kind of roadmap AFTER selling millions of season passes in advance. But I guess that's just what happens when shit meets a million brainless flies.

Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Anyone buying either the $120 super special edition deluxe version or the $50 season pass before even getting a hit as to what is in it is a fool.

Yep. That's exactly what I was trying to say with my shit and flies analogy .
I never bought the game, let alone the season pass, and I probably never will looking at that roadmap. I would only buy the ultimate edition when it sells for under $10 and by then they'll probably have shut down the servers so fuck this game in its entirety.

7. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access Jan 26, 2016, 21:59 CJ_Parker

Acleacius wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 21:38:
They could be giving EA differently because they want input from as many people as possible, not just hard core elite? Though, I'm not clear on the extra $20, so I must be missing something.

As of Kickstarter back in 2013:

- Digital tiers of $75 and above have beta access
- Physical tiers of $250 and above have beta access

So far so good. Not really cool for people who pledged $150 for the physical CE but whatever. People had a choice.

Fast forward to 2016 and inXile releases the beta for backers on January 17.

Only a little over a week later, today, they launch the game on early access so any random John Doe can buy the game and start playing right now for $44.99.

The only way for KS backers of physical tiers below $250 (see above) to also start playing/testing right now would be to buy an additional $20 beta (= early access) pass.

This is fucking bullshit.

3. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access Jan 26, 2016, 20:53 CJ_Parker

Well, people like me who pledged for the limited CE could buy a beta pass for $20 to join now because inXile apparently considers early access and beta as the same thing.

I'm actually convinced they did this fully on purpose. They know that those people pledging for physical CEs are most likely the hardcore fans who will also cough up the $20 for an additional beta (early access) pass.

Well, I'm not. I will be auctioning off my limited CE as soon as possible on eBay. I'm completely disgusted by their shitty practices and no longer interested in the game which looks like crap anyway. If I want a clunky interface and read long texts off a screen I'll buy a fucking shitty Kindle, not Torment.

1. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access Jan 26, 2016, 20:22 CJ_Parker

Fuck inXile. Early access buyers of today are getting access before loyal backers who pledged for the physical CEs back in 2013 (physical pledge level <$250). Another dev who won't be getting a single penny from me no more.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 26, 2016, 20:15 CJ_Parker

That's really cool of them to post that kind of roadmap AFTER selling millions of season passes in advance. But I guess that's just what happens when shit meets a million brainless flies.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Canadian man gets $8K refund from Microsoft for in-game purchases. Jan 26, 2016, 12:06 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 11:48:
How the hell is there $8000 worth of DLC for a console version of a FIFA game?

That's some slick DLC abuse, Microsoft and whoever made that game.

It's called FIFA points and who else could it be than EA, of course!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Canadian man gets $8K refund from Microsoft for in-game purchases. Jan 26, 2016, 11:11 CJ_Parker

... a.k.a why post-natal abortion should be legalized.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 25, 2016, 21:34 CJ_Parker

Yup. Nothing brings out the cultists like when they have a chance to defend Christ Roberts most OBVIOUS lies. Unbelievable. Incredible. And sad...

Edit: This guy here sums it up pretty well, too (nope, that's not me posting under my SC account... I don't know the poster).

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2016, 22:00.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 25, 2016, 21:19 CJ_Parker

Wow. Christ Roberts has just hit a new all-time record of bullshitting Star Citizen backers. I'm talking about the bit on Star Marine. Incredible. I could hardly believe my ears when I heard the lies he spouted. And he even whined about people who took him by his earlier word. Un-fucking-believable. What a lying sack of feces.

The quick and dirty rundown is:

- Star Marine official reveal on 11/4/2014 at PAX AU. Announced for "early 2015", later shifted to March/April.
- March/April goes by without a peep. May, too. And also June.
- Ben Lesnick pops up on July 9 saying effectively that everyone who thinks Star Marine is delayed indefinitely is a fucktard and that it is only a matter of "weeks, and not months/years/decades".
- From then on they FINALLY release fairly regular status updates like this one here.
- To this very day the Star Marine module (the level demoed at PAX) has still not been released.
- Christ Roberts says in today's 10ftC that everyone who expected the module to be released is a retard because it has always been the plan to just implement the FPS gameplay gradually into the Star Citizen persistent universe.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

News Comments > Star Wars: Imperial Commando Rumor
5. Re: Star Wars: Imperial Commando Rumor Jan 25, 2016, 20:32 CJ_Parker

No one wants to be an overrated retard with a jetpack who got killed by a blind smuggler and his hairy pet!  

News Comments > Star Wars: Imperial Commando Rumor
3. Re: Star Wars: Imperial Commando Rumor Jan 25, 2016, 20:21 CJ_Parker

Since EA has the exclusive rights to Star Wars I can't say I really give a flying f00k!

Those maricons can shove their DLC premium pass bullshit games where el sol no brilla, comprende muchachos?!

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. SC Gillian Jan 23, 2016, 10:30 CJ_Parker

No I generally don't watch (m)any movies/TV and definitely no series at all but I googled it just now and yeah that's the new hot Gillian I'm seeing there  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. SC Gillian Jan 23, 2016, 09:41 CJ_Parker

I'm an old fart but I've never had an interest in Gillian Anderson during her heyday. Agent Scully did absolutely nothing for me. Totally unsexy. Zero sex appeal. No thanks. Pass.
But today (or for a few years already actually) I find her fairly attractive. She's one of those rare specimen of the female gender who has actually become more attractive with age.

Old Gillian = meh
New Gillian = fapping material

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Trailer
9. Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 08:52 CJ_Parker

harlock wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 07:52:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 21:53:
There was this dev walkthrough (over an hour long) last week with tons of gameplay. It looks surprisingly decent but on the other hand it becomes clear quickly that this is just yet another AC/GTA-style open world clone where you simply head from one mini map icon to the next and that's it.

you mean its just like another Far Cry game? wow, how long did it take you to figure that one out, genius?

Pretty long. I believe I first sat down to evaluate some early samples six years ago. It's really been an uphill battle well into the fourth year when finally we had that sensational breakthrough and from then on it's been smooth sailing to this most epic conclusion. A few minor bumps in the road but nothing me and my awesome team of scientists and analysts could not handle.

Thanks for asking though. Keep an eye out for our master thesis on the whole subject. It's going to be in the 3000+ pages area so lots of material to delve into.

Oh. What's that? You're an illiterate dope monkey? Ooops. Too bad. But we were thinking about making an easy to digest video documentary for Sesame Street kiddies so I'm sure you'll enjoy that one. Watch this space for upcoming news!

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Trailer
2. Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 20, 2016, 21:53 CJ_Parker

There was this dev walkthrough (over an hour long) last week with tons of gameplay. It looks surprisingly decent but on the other hand it becomes clear quickly that this is just yet another AC/GTA-style open world clone where you simply head from one mini map icon to the next and that's it.  

3235 Comments. 162 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo