Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3363 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > More GeForce Driver Issues
15. Re: More GeForce Driver Issues Mar 15, 2016, 16:19 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 11:42:
Well they are called beta drivers for a reason

364.51 is no longer a beta driver. It was in beta for two(?) days and then made an official driver update, at least via GFE. I have opted out of beta drivers in GFE but GFE wants me to install 364.51 so these are treated like an official non-beta driver release.
Due to the reports of the previous fucked up 364.47 driver, I have stuck with 362.00 though and I'm sure glad I did now .

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
40. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 14, 2016, 22:00 CJ_Parker

ElPolloDiablo wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 21:45:
Also it has been stated many times piracy isn't necessarily a lost sale.

Hahahaha, yeah, that bullshit comes from the same CD Projekt who cooperated with law firms to hunt down pirates in order to recuperate those "not lost sales". Yes, I know they quit doing it after they got caught with their pants down but those guys have zero credibility in that regard, man.
Piracy definitely leads to lost sales. The question is only "how many?".

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Microsoft opens doors to Xbox-PlayStation cross-platform multiplayer Mar 14, 2016, 21:50 CJ_Parker

Good thinking there. Let the peasants mingle among themselves and keep them away from the PC master race. Me likes.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
29. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 14, 2016, 19:06 CJ_Parker

Let's face it: Consoles are a lifestyle-choice. It's the choice of the couch-dwelling amoeba of society who like to play games stoned drunk or stoned drugged with as little cerebral activity as possible. They just enjoy lying there and pushing buttons while everything is colorful and fancy. Then munch some M&Ms in between joints or beers (or both) and life is alright (until they pass out and vomit on their couch that is).

So... as long as there are amoeba celebrating this kind of lifestyle, there will be consoles and since it is very unlikely that amoeba will die out anytime soon (them being one of the most resilient life forms and all that... not even having a brain to damage is a huge biological advantage, ya know), well, we, the highly developed PC master race species, will unfortunately have to make the best of living among the inferior lowlifes. Sad but true. <- Metallica black album FTW btw!

If you are interested in more of these awesome sociological studies by yours truly please don't hesitate to contact my office during normal business hours at 1-800-NAILONHEAD. Thank you.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M
26. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 14:51 CJ_Parker

Tumbler wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 14:17:
Looking forward to seeing Squadron 42. It should be coming this year...

Looking at the current state of the game: Not a chance.

News Comments > Paradox & Obsidian Announcement This Week
6. Re: Paradox & Obsidian Announcement This Week Mar 13, 2016, 18:12 CJ_Parker

It actually sounds 100% like an Overlord game but that franchise still belongs to Codemasters, doesn't it?  

News Comments > Paradox & Obsidian Announcement This Week
4. Re: Paradox & Obsidian Announcement This Week Mar 13, 2016, 17:09 CJ_Parker

You pussies

Final Score: Dangerous

Your brand of evil is bold and invigorating, like a fresh cup of coffee that someone may or may not have spat in. Youíre dangerous, and you like to let that out once in awhile -- itíll keep the rest of these peons in line.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
6. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 13, 2016, 14:28 CJ_Parker

Eirikrautha wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 12:46:
Hmmm, drumming up new business, eh? I wonder if these weekends are actually expanding the base. It seems to me that anyone interested in space games either is already on board or doesn't trust CR at all. Not sure what this will accomplish...

The game doesn't even have the most basic tutorial (or "working" tutorial... the little that is there is buggy as fuck).
I don't get why they are doing this. With the current state of the game, it is going to turn off more people than attract them.
Sure, they will probably get a few pledges this way but thousands of others might never take a second look because they're going to chalk it off as complete garbage (which it is at the moment).
Oh well... their loss. I don't really care as long as Squadron 42 gets done one fine day.

News Comments > STAR WARS Battlefront: Outer Rim Next Month
2. Re: STAR WARS Battlefront: Outer Rim Next Month Mar 12, 2016, 15:59 CJ_Parker

DangerDog wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 15:52:
Frostbyte

* Frostbite

http://www.frostbite.com/

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch
5. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch Mar 11, 2016, 20:57 CJ_Parker

GarthZombie wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 20:26:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 19:10:
lol @ "large gains"

I've seen a lot of reports from users where the game produces less fps in DX12 than 11.

Seems like more patches are in order...

lol @ you don't know jack shit

Nvidia fucked up the 980 with partial DX12 features, the rest are emulated == terrible performance.

I love your comments, you say some of the best bullshit on the internet.

^ thus spoke the uber n00b

The only thing where nVidia is behind in DirectX 12 is when async compute plays a large role which is NOT the case AT ALL in RotTR. Get a fucking clue.

Since async is all but irrelevant here, neither nVidia nor AMD seem to benefit from the DirectX 12 patch but both manufacturer's cards seem to run worse according to many user benchmarks (pro benchmarks from hardware sites will certainly follow in the days to come).
Yes, there is the occasional user post where the DirectX 12 version seems to run slightly faster (mostly people with older CPUs) but the general trend appears to be indicating no improvement to actually a detrimental effect on performance. There are also reports about more crashes and other severe issues with the game than pre-patch.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch
1. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch Mar 11, 2016, 19:10 CJ_Parker

lol @ "large gains"

I've seen a lot of reports from users where the game produces less fps in DX12 than 11.

Seems like more patches are in order...

News Comments > EverQuest Next Cancelled
5. Re: EverQuest Next Cancelled Mar 11, 2016, 17:09 CJ_Parker

Another Smedley success story.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 11, 2016, 11:17 CJ_Parker

ViRGE wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 11:03:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 10:49:
Pretty obvious that the devs made it happen just like Descent: Underground which also got some help from the inside .
I haven't watched it day-by-day. Was there a sudden last-second spike like with DU?

Well, for example, about 60 hours before the funding ended, they had 2 backers for the $2,000 level and it ended with 9 backers at the $2,000 level.
Am I to seriously believe that -out of nowhere- 7 backers showed up the last minute and felt it'd be a great idea to drop two grand on this project? Yeah. Right.
Funding was also sitting at only about $150K three days ago. Funding was slow the entire campaign. Then all of a sudden $150K in the last three days to help it over the $300K mark. There is no way that this was 100% legit outside funding.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 11, 2016, 10:49 CJ_Parker

Pretty obvious that the devs made it happen just like Descent: Underground which also got some help from the inside .  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
29. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 10:32 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 09:33:
Am I the only one who tried the beta an was already sick of that gameplay from that alone? Aside from shooting there wasn't really much to do there...

You're not the only one by far. As I've said before, it is a shallow garbage console casual cover shooter with the lamest possible "gameplay" (like the gangstah dudes who eat a full clip to their backwards worn hipster baseball caps like they're made of kevlar fibre).
I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of the mouthbreathing drool sheeple who bought this game once again just fell for the pretteh graffiX.
It is really sad that it is possible in 2016 for such a shitty game to generate so much hype and discussion. A few years ago people would have lol'ed at this kind of crap game and it would have been forgotten the next day.
But I guess that's just what happens when the gaming world goes down the shitter. The casuals and console kiddies have won.

Still not amused.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
7. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 01:18 CJ_Parker

More proof that gaming is truly fucked. We have fully arrived in McDonald's territory now where the shittiest possible garbage junk food sells best.

Not amused.

News Comments > The Division Tips
25. Re: The Division Tips Mar 9, 2016, 19:13 CJ_Parker

1badmf wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 18:55:
question - can steam users and uplay users play together?

All Ubi games require uPlay. The Steam version is really just a line of text in Steam and a link to start uPlay so whenever possible you might as well grab the cheaper uPlay key for Ubi games. Makes absolutely no sense to own the Steam version in the case of Ubi games unless you can get a Steam key for cheaper or even free through a promo or something.

News Comments > The Division Tips
11. Re: The Division Tips Mar 9, 2016, 14:53 CJ_Parker

Darks wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 12:33:
This is why devs implement walking through NPCs and players.

You mean regular devs and not scam gigs like Ubi who can not be bothered to adhere to industry standards almost two decades after people first found out that blocking others in MMOs is uncool.

News Comments > GeForce Driver Warning
32. Re: GeForce Driver Warning Mar 9, 2016, 02:39 CJ_Parker

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 02:33:
My question is how the fuck did this even get to WHQL.

It's Microsoft and it has to do with the PC but it has nothing to do with forcing people to upgrade to Windows 10 or turning the PC into a console, i.e. they did not give a fuck when they greenlighted the driver in their "hardware quality labs" (which is probably one doped guy in Pakistan on minimum wage going "ooookkkeeeehhh rilliss dis!!!11".

News Comments > OVERLOAD Teaser Demo
16. Re: OVERLOAD Teaser Demo Mar 8, 2016, 15:14 CJ_Parker

gsilver wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 15:02:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 12:22:
More worthy at least than this me-too-Descent-Underground-clone
Dude. This is the original creators.

Would you call a Freespace-like game called something else but developed by Mike Kulas and Matt Toschlog a me-too clone because they didn't have the license? Especially if some other group got the IP first but pushed it in a radically different direction?

Yeah, I know. I shouldn't feed the trolls.

I know all that but now that DU is on the way with the actual license and absolutely not in a "radically different direction" (what the hell makes you think so?), sorry, they can be the original creators all they like... it still looks like "me too" when DU is actually out and playable in early access (and feels as perfectly identical to the originals as a beta game can... seriously, try it out, if you haven't yet... I actually have).
By the way it's only a couple of the original guys on OVERLOAD so let's not pretend like the entire old crew has come back together or anything like that.

P.S.: If you really want to blame anyone for Descendant Studios' existence then you need to blame Christ Roberts. If he wouldn't have fired WingMan, Irving and Morlan then they would never have founded their own studio to do DU.

3363 Comments. 169 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo