Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4547 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > More Destiny 2 Progression Complaints
20. Re: etc. Jan 18, 2018, 19:06 CJ_Parker

Why do people act surprised now? Any remotely informed gamer knew what was coming with the companies involved and their track record. It was clear as day from the start that this would become a boring, shitty grindfest with monetization out da azz.

What the fuck did you guys expect? Buying Destiny 2 and complaining about monetization is like going to a rock concert and complaining about loud music. It's retarded. You got what you signed up for. Now deal with it. It was your own poor choice to buy this piece of shit and it's not like no one warned you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel
15. Re: Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel Jan 18, 2018, 18:44 CJ_Parker

I quite liked the original game but it was definitely lacking in some areas, especially AI (as usual for just about every strategy game) and the overall complexity. It would have been cool if the star map would have had more strategic depth. It was all a little too easy, too plain, too bland, too straightforward to lead your fleet to victory.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2018, 15:23 CJ_Parker

Well, there is a sliver of hope. Crypto currencies are on a pretty massive decline this week. Let's hope it turns into all-out panic and sell-out mode. This shit needs to crash and burn hard.  

News Comments > Fable Return Rumor
8. Re: Fable Return Rumor Jan 17, 2018, 15:03 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Jan 17, 2018, 10:18:
a story and character-focussed open-world action RPG

"We saw how well Breath of the Wild did, and want some of that action! So we tabbed a racing game dev for it. Nothing can go wrong here, right?"

Edit: Fixed bad quote tag

Yup. That's fucking Mickeyshit right there. Retard level is all maxed out with them jokers.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Multiplayer Changes; Linux Edition Delayed
11. Re: BATTLETECH Multiplayer Changes; Linux Edition Delayed Jan 17, 2018, 15:00 CJ_Parker

They do announce some changes to what they promised during the game's crowdfunding, downplaying this by saying the game will be "surprisingly close" to the vision they originally pitched (apparently they assumed we wouldn't believe them).

If that is what they believed then they believed fucking right because just about every single crowdfunded project has been a fraud and a failure to some extent in one way or another.

Also, this game was originally scheduled for a May 2017 release so they better get their shit together this year. Glad I only backed this at the $25 min level.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Jan 16, 2018, 12:24 CJ_Parker

Bull-fucking-shit.  

News Comments > Get The Red Solstice for Free
1. Re: Get The Red Solstice for Free Jan 15, 2018, 21:17 CJ_Parker

Still nooooooooope.  

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Royale's Success
4. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Royale's Success Jan 15, 2018, 21:17 CJ_Parker

Nope-nope.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trial Tomorrow
1. Re: Battlefield 1 Trial Tomorrow Jan 15, 2018, 21:14 CJ_Parker

Nope.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Plans Include Eververse Changes
8. Re: Destiny 2 Plans Include Eververse Changes Jan 12, 2018, 15:13 CJ_Parker

robdot wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 10:33:
These games are just schemes to guide all the players to the online vendors. They make no attempts at all to hide this. It is the sole purpose of the "game". It is the most moronic thing I have ever seen people pay to participate in. You pay 60 dollars for the right to visit an online vendor to buy things that have no value outside of the line you paid 60 dollars to stand in.

Spot-on analysis right there. Here, Sir, have a crate of cigars!

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month
5. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month Jan 12, 2018, 14:55 CJ_Parker

Flatline wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 14:26:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:11:
Lets just take a step back and acknowledge the fact that those who bought Horizons last year are getting this season's updates for free. So much more content in the game now than what we had a year ago.

Yeah I'm genuinely kind of amazed. They must be making decent money on the skins & aesthetics.

And I'm sure the line 4 lifers from Kickstarter are grumpy.

What's a "line 4 lifer from Kickstarter"? I backed the game at founder level (150) and I'm perfectly fine with what I got.
They delivered the game almost on time (at least in the same year as promised), broke only one major promise (full offline play but WGAF) and gave us more than three years of free updates. Plus being a founder still has its perks like access to Jameson Memorial from the start without being required to have an Elite rank.
I have actually bought skins for my ships just to support Frontier because I felt kind of bad about getting so much out of the game for "free".

AFAIK, the only ones who have a reason to be slightly grumpy are the lifetime expansion pass buyers because their "lifetime" ended with Horizons if I understood things correctly. Those peeps might have to pay for future content (like everyone else).
But Frontier haven't really revealed their business model going forward so we'll have to see about all that.

News Comments > Prince of Persia Revival Sought
4. Re: Prince of Persia Revival Sought Jan 11, 2018, 20:48 CJ_Parker

I'm game for a M-rated XXX revival where we can own a harem of 25 Chrissy Teigens for some serious fucking and sucking up and down the Kamasutra.

Bring it on, bitches!

News Comments > GeForce NOW Beta
7. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 11, 2018, 20:37 CJ_Parker

Lorcin wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 19:00:
I'm spending about 90 mins sat in a parked car per work day due to the difference in my wifes and my hours. But this ain't gonna like mobile speeds I bet, and I only have a 2gb contract.

I'm seriously considering a switch because botw on Cemu is a lot of fun.

Dude. When you're sitting in your car and gaming... don't people who walk by, like, actually think you are playing with your dick?!

Or do you have the console taped to your wheel or dashboard so they can see yer hands?

News Comments > Morning Previews
7. Re: I am disappoint Jan 10, 2018, 13:18 CJ_Parker

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 11:07:
All it needs is some optimizations, gosh. and maybe some more netcodes

Yeah exactly. I mean it's almost feature-complete and they will roll out the content like a fucking donut factory from now on. All it needs is a tiny little bit of polishing and then we're good to go for the BDSSE!

All the non-believers need to STFU. Christ Roberts has shut them up REAL good with update 3.0! Fuck the naysayers!!!!!111

News Comments > NVIDIA BFGD Revealed
26. Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Jan 8, 2018, 19:54 CJ_Parker

Dude. The G-Sync module adds maybe $150 (max) to the price. With this display that is sure to cost anywhere between $5K and $10K it really doesn't fucking matter.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 8, 2018, 15:50 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 14:47:
Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 14:39:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 13:53:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 11:10:
Pretty funny/shitty how the Meltdown bug was exposed right before CES for Intel. Might be a tough crowd.

I've been too busy dadding it over the last couple weeks, what's going on with intel and their horribly made new generation cores?

It's not just their new ones, this bug goes all the way back to 1995. And while Meltdown is primarily an Intel bug, Spectre is on every processor made since then.

Essentially the bug allows a h@xx0r to read protected areas in the processor in plain text. This means that literally anything you type can be read through it, utterly nullifying the most secure setups.

There is a fix for Meltdown, but it's basically causing the processor to put everything in separate threads/tables, and it's causing some pretty hefty slowdowns in certain areas (especially VMs).

Spectre will be much harder to patch, but fortunately also much harder to exploit. Meltdown is dead simple to exploit.

Nice summation.

Nice but not quite correct Wink .

Meltdown does not allow a "h@xx0r" to read protected areas in the processor but in (kernel) memory instead. That's quite a difference.

https://meltdownattack.com/

^ excellent website by Google with all the details on Meltdown and Spectre

News Comments > GeForce NOW Cloud Gaming PC Beta
5. Re: GeForce NOW Cloud Gaming PC Beta Jan 8, 2018, 15:42 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 12:09:
Why would I want to stream the games I already own if I can just play them on my PC?

Why would you think that you are the target group?

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers Add NVIDIA Freestyle and Ansel Enhancements
1. Re: New GeForce Drivers Add NVIDIA Freestyle and Ansel Enhancements Jan 8, 2018, 15:40 CJ_Parker

Note that this driver also includes security fixes for the latest speculative side channel shenanigans so it's definitely worth grabbing even if ya don't give a shit about Fortnite or any of the other features in this release. nVidia security bulletin with all the details is here.  

News Comments > NVIDIA BFGD Revealed
17. Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Jan 8, 2018, 15:32 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 14:34:
I think Nvidia may be drastically overestimating their potential clientele here. It's not as if this is aimed at the console market either, this is purely a dedicated PC monitor.

It's definitely a niche product, of course, but I'm sure that nVidia has a clear idea about their clientele. This display is for gaming in the living room with the built-in Shield stuff (in-home streaming and ShieldTV) and also for gaming in combination with their own cloud streaming technology (GeForce Now) and finally even w/o G-Sync support this display will almost certainly become the no. 1 top choice for quality, latency-free console gaming (for those who can afford it).
I could also imagine that they have unannounced stuff in the pipeline like new Tegra-based gaming platforms from Nintendo (Switch 2 with Volta/Ampere tech inside?).

This display is going to be niche and expensive as fuck with an avantgarde premium at first but it will get nVidia a lot of PR just like the Titan cards. It will bolster their rep as a technology leader and if all goes well sell to a few dozen thousand rich people.
Looking at the number of comments around the web (including here) they have already accomplished their goal of getting people to talk about nVidia products.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March
7. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March Jan 6, 2018, 13:47 CJ_Parker

LOLZ

So all of 2018 will still be mostly about work on the architectural foundation of the game. Only a handful of gameplay systems and mechanics will be finished (the totally unexciting, relatively easy ones) and we will apparently end the year with just Stanton, meaning there will still be 99 star systems to go before launch.

It's also pretty cool how they -once again- completely avoided to mention Squadron 42, you know, the single player campaign that was s'posed ta come out at the end of 2014, then in 2016 and now still won't make it this year(??)

LOLZ

4547 Comments. 228 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo