Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4476 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Witchfire Announced
7. Re: Witchfire Announced Dec 8, 2017, 15:11 CJ_Parker

What the Slashman said. This type of game looks like a perfect match for a tense, atmospheric, old school solo experience. Why fuck that up with "LULZ DID YA JUST SEE HOW I FUXX0RED DAT MUNSTAAAAH BRUUUHHH????!??!?!"?

Please go play some multiplayer-focused loot box garbage for that experience (like Overwatch or whatever you kids play these days) and leave at least SOME games alone for a mature audience who enjoys a decent solo romp. kthx.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Witchfire Announced
5. Re: Witchfire Announced Dec 8, 2017, 14:10 CJ_Parker

This is one of the very few exceptions where I got to say that this shit looks like awesome sauce from afar!

Let's hope it also passes on closer inspection once it's released.

+ add to radar

News Comments > New Tomb Raider Tease
1. Re: New Tomb Raider Tease Dec 7, 2017, 20:42 CJ_Parker

The shadow of the loot box is looming over this one...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2017, 17:33 CJ_Parker

Well, I sure as fuck hope so. It hopefully tanks so bad that they will shut down or at least sell off the Shitbox division.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 7, 2017, 17:32 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 11:10:
Speaking of RSI, wasn't the Star Citizen alpha 3.0 supposed to be out already?

Yes. By the end of 2016 according to a certain Roberts muppet.

News Comments > Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans
28. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 15:01 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 14:53:
christheshitter wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 07:59:
Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 21:57:
You just answered the question I was going to ask...who the hell doesn't have/hasn't played Black Flag yet? I thought everyone would have by now. BF is definitely the best of them. If you were ever going to only play one game in the series that would be the one to play. I prefer Ezio and the Italian Renaissance myself, but BF was the most fun and most like playing out a classic pirate film. Cruising around the Caribbean - especially if you're playing in the winter - is pretty damn sweet as well.

Am i reading this right? Cutter likes the Assassins Creed franchise from the well-renowned Ubisoft shit?

I must be dreaming a nightmare!

I'm a historian, moron. Why wouldn't I like it?

Cuz real historians are probably flipping in their graves (figuratively speaking) when playing AssCreed games. I mean does anyone seriously believe that there is much actual historical accuracy in these games? Like really seriously?

Sure, they got some of the locations/buildings etc. nailed down in pretty good detail (on a gamey scale tho) but otherwise... L to the O to the L, man... real historians would be facepalming through those games so hard they would grow arms like Schwarzenegger in the process.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2017, 14:44 CJ_Parker

Fine with me. Don't give a flying fuck about Old Republic. It was always a lame trick to avoid working around movie canon anyway.

"Hey let's just use the same technologies and everything but pretend this shit happens a few thousand years ago so Georgie can sleep well at night".

Besides, it's just so incredibly boring. It's always the same shit that either the Sith or the Jedi are on the verge of extinction until some hero on either side saves the day. Yawn.

Fuck the Old Republic and actually fuck Star Wars in its entirety. It has just become even more of a blatant cash cow circus than it has always been.
I have zero interest in episode VIII at this point.
It's all about money, money, money, selling Lego Vaders, pink plush Vaders (one of the greatest villains of all time!) and all that garbage. What's next? A homo Vader or a tranny Vader to appease the LGBT communiteh?

/end of jaded cynical old fart rant

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2017, 18:36 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 11:13:
CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 19:43:
Yup. PUBG's been top dawg since March consistently every fucking week after week after week...
No CoD, no AssCreed, no Middle Earth, no GTA, no Skyrim, no Witcher has been able to dethrone it. Sad but true.

I think there was one week where something outsold it? It was just for that week, but I think there was one little blip in PUBG's dominance.

No, I actually clicked through the Steam Top 10 news here on Blue's and PUBG was no. 1 every week all the way dating back to the week ending March 26th.
PUBG was released on March 23rd so it went straight to no. 1 and has stayed glued to the no. 1 spot ever since.

News Comments > Government Simulator Released
3. Re: Government Simulator Released Dec 4, 2017, 18:23 CJ_Parker

... a chance to go behind the political scene and see how the sausage is made

Made? How about getting that sausage polished by a Ms Lewinsky and stuff like that? If it's called a simulator it better be accurate!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2017, 19:43 CJ_Parker

Yup. PUBG's been top dawg since March consistently every fucking week after week after week...
No CoD, no AssCreed, no Middle Earth, no GTA, no Skyrim, no Witcher has been able to dethrone it. Sad but true.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2017, 11:22 CJ_Parker

Well, anyone who still has not learned the lesson that you do not, under NO circusmtances whatsoever, buy these AAA MTX-infested casual shitfest grinders on release day, deserves all the disappointments that go along with their piss-poor taste or their complete inability to control their purchase behavior.
If the latter is the problem, I would actually suggest to get medical help (see a fucking shrink) before it's too late. Seriously.

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
5. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 29, 2017, 21:09 CJ_Parker

Sepharo wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 20:51:
What fools.

Whether it's Witcher Star Wars, Mass Effect Star Wars, Dead Space Star Wars... we don't give a fuck. People just want a AAA single-player Star Wars (C)RPG. Come the fuck on.

Err... the Visceral game was gonna be Uncharted Star Wars or Tomb Raider Star Wars (but even shallower probably) and not a (C)RPG.

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
2. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 29, 2017, 20:47 CJ_Parker

Bull-fucking-shit  

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
34. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 29, 2017, 15:05 CJ_Parker

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 14:47:
I was the 7500th backer to this...

Ha! Almost the same here. I'm also in the lower half of the 7500s.

27. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 14:15 CJ_Parker

Darks wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 13:36:
dont go bundling all of us in that context. I originally backed this game when it was in kickstarter. Back then it was something that looked like it was going to be a real Freelancer successor.

little did any of us original backers know how this would snowball out of control into the feature creep monster greed fest thats its become.

Yeah, the original deal was:

- Ship sales for real money only until the end of the pledge campaign (November 26 - 2012 or whatever it was)
- LTI an exclusive original backer perk and never to return again
- Squadron 42 (in its fucking entirety and no fucking retarded episodic piecemeal shit) + SC to be released by the end of 2014.
OK, barely anyone (except the extremist cultist CR fanbois) believed this one and most of us mentally added six to twelve months on top of that but if anyone would have suggested -back then- no Squadron 42 at all by the end of 2017, you would have been declared completely bonkers)

However, I'm guessing that Retired...

You put money into this game, you are a fool.

... just forgot "still" or "at this point" when he wrote his post.
I definitely do not get why anyone would have still put money into this game after the Star Marine debacle in 2015 at the very, very, very latest.

People might have a different breaking point though, depending on when they first pledged and when they started to get fed up with the endless stream of lies.

I personally have not put any significant amount of money into the game since 2012 (original campaign) because I was starting to get pissed off when they broke the LTI and no more ships for real money promises in 2012 already.

Adding subs was kinda shady, too. It was first advertised as a means for people to turn their contributions into smaller payments instead of bigger sums which not everyone might be able to afford. And then they kind of stealth-changed it into "subs money is just for marketing and for increased communication from us to you".

5. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 11:15 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 10:57:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Chris Roberts saw the shit that Richard Garriott is pulling off, and thought "Holy hell. This way I don't even have to have artists draw pictures of pretty spaceships! I can literally sell just NOTHING!"

^ this

Under normal circumstances you would say that SC has hit a new low but they started hitting the lowest possible depths with massive lies ("last chance LTI", "no more ships for real money after the pledge campaign ends") back in 2012 already so this is just a continuation of their low blow streak. What a fucking muppet show that "game" has become... jeez.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Forces EA Stock Towards the Dark Side
56. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 10:27 CJ_Parker

By the way, semantics, I know, but still... the CD Projekt thing was called an expansion pass and not a season pass.

And in addition to what Creston said: This expansion pass delivered exactly what it said it would. They said beforehand what it would contain.
They specified the exact content and gave a game length estimate which turned out to be very conservative. You could easily spend quite a bit more than the advertised 10 and 20 hours in both expansions.

It was an expansion pass and delivered two full blown expansions. One smaller one and a larger one. Exactly as advertised. No bullshit. No scam. No hidden fuckshit. Just straight, honest business.

Edit @ Slick: The point is that season passes have always been cancer. (Non-cosmetic-exclusive )Microtransactions are cancer+++ and loot boxes are cancer+++++++++ . Capisce, d00d?

51. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 10:13 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 09:51:
CJ_Parker white-knighting the practice of community-dividing, pocketbook-lightening season pass DLC.

Now I've seen everything.

Full retard confirmed. Which part of "fucking shitty season pass" or calling it "dog shit" was unclear? In which world is calling something fucking shitty or dog shit somehow "white-knighting"?

Are you fucking insane?

48. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 09:30 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 01:54:
I think it's funny how prestigious studios like CD Projekt Red snipe EA with that cunty tweet saying: "We'll leave greed to others" while The Witcher 3 released with 2 $30 DLC content packs.

The whole thing is such a mess.

EA fucked up the implementation, but I still think the overall strategy is a direction that the industry needs to go, ESPECIALLY for multiplayer games. I can't be dealing with segmenting the community 2 months after launch based on who bought the season pass or not.

For all the shitstorm furore that the piss poor progression implementation wrought, people have lost track of the one actually redeeming feature of this model. NO SEASON PASS.

Seriously... have you gone FULL retard, bro? What. the. actual. fuck.

The game having MTs instead of a fucking shitty season pass is like "hey guys we're not serving dog shit this year but instead you'll get a nice cat shit pie ... ya like?".

And YOU fell for it, you flaming idiot.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Nov 28, 2017, 20:23 CJ_Parker

Well, if this fucks multiplayer gaming into the ground then I can not wait for it. Bring it on!
Bring back the glory days of single player games w/o microtransactions, loot boxes and all that retarded shit.
Let's have deep gameplay, reasonably well written plots, interesting characters, great worlds to explore that are more than farming grounds and let us go back to generally more rich gaming experiences with a beginning and an end instead of open world, open end, open wallet bull-fucking-shit. Tyvm.

4476 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo