Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3363 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Mar 19, 2016, 19:01 CJ_Parker

Why would anyone (with a brain) want to "emulate" console peasantry?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 18, 2016, 21:29 CJ_Parker

Phil Spencer = Gaylord = opinion on hot dancers does not matter. STFU, Phil. Preferably forever. kthx.

What a stuck-up asshole.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions -CR Cons again Mar 18, 2016, 15:24 CJ_Parker

Bub wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 07:50:
So essentially, you can wipe 2016 off the map as far as the game going gold or is officially aborted.

Lets start of pool on how many more of these will take place before the game goes gold. I am thinking at least 5 more before even the vainest ship whale loses interest.

Well, to be a little fair to SC, CitizenCon is the event celebrating the game's reveal that took place on 10/10/2012. This will probably be a permanent event that will also keep taking place after the game has shipped (in case that ever happens and as long as fan demand continues anyway).

The only part of the game that is supposed to ship this year is Squadron 42 but I have major doubts about that when listening to info from the various webcasts and when looking at the shoddy state of the alpha.
They need a much better HUD, UI, controls, FPS combat, better animations, flight model, graphics options, better/more everything... before releasing any of this hot garbage in the form of a retail v1.0 product.

However, believe it or not, there actually is one pledge item, namely the star map, that will start shipping soon-ish for some strange reason, even though all those systems depicted on it and the persistent universe on a whole is still years from being finished.

Oh well. It's CIG. As always, you can't help but get the impression that they know what they are doing.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2016, 15:30.

News Comments > DOOM Multiplayer Maps Explored
19. Re: DOOM Multiplayer Maps Explored Mar 17, 2016, 22:34 CJ_Parker

christheshitter wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 18:52:
This is going to be a flop mark my words. This ain't Doom of old.

Looking at your user name... are you Chris Roberts' BN account?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim Trailer
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim Trailer Mar 17, 2016, 21:17 CJ_Parker

i r not native engrish so i can haz spell ur fucking n00b langwich witch evar way i laaaaaaiiiiiikkkk biotch!!!111  

3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim Trailer Mar 17, 2016, 20:42 CJ_Parker

Task wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 20:29:
... Hanger...

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh...

I thought I'd be mostly safe from the plebeians who can't spell HANGAR correctly outside of the SC forums and then this.

Slap

Thou shalt not ever spell H-A-N-G-A-R wrong again, mkay?

Oh well, at least as opposed to the SC plebeians you got the excuse that you are probably not confronted with the term "hangar" very often but with SC players I seriously don't get it. I mean they must be seeing the word "hangar" on their account/download page, the SC website, in the game, the forums, everywhere all the fucking time. How do you still spell it wrong even if you are constantly exposed to it? I don't get it. Is the illiteracy rate really *that* high?

Sorry for the vent... just a major pet peeve of mine after perusing the SC forums for years and watching the tards talk about their "hangers" all the time as if they were cleaning out their closet or something... *sigh*

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: CitizenCon 2016 announced Mar 17, 2016, 20:33 CJ_Parker

Bwwaaaahahahahaha $45... no food, no drinks included, nothing... just the presentation to listen to Christ Roberts' inane blabbering and to scoop up more lies in the form of promised features that will be delayed indefinitely.

OK. It's always been called CitizenCon for a reason. I know...

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Visions in the Dark Next Month
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Visions in the Dark Next Month Mar 17, 2016, 20:19 CJ_Parker

Why the fuck would you "face" or "confront" an immortal emperor? That's about as fucking retarded as it gets but being an EA/BioWhore game it's par for the course these days. Retard central craps out retarded story. Great job.

Movingalong

1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim Trailer Mar 17, 2016, 20:15 CJ_Parker

Gotta love flashy trailers full of scripted shit and n00bs who can't aim.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 17, 2016, 15:52 CJ_Parker

Julio wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 11:37:
Sony doesn't need to let Xbox One owners play with PS4 owners. They're dominant in this console generation.

Why let Microcrap benefit, and drop the IQ level on Playstation online gaming further.

HAHAHAHA indeed...

Let the peasant games begin.

Dumb peasants (Xbone) vs smart peasants (PS4)

Llllllllllllllllllet's get ready to rrrrrrrrrrruuuuuummmmmmmmbbbbbbllllleeeeeee

News Comments > The Witcher III GDC GotY
5. Re: The Witcher III GDF GotY Mar 17, 2016, 11:06 CJ_Parker

Fuckin' A, man. For a moment I really thought that this would be the announcement of the GOTY or Enhanced Edition. More waiting... *sigh*  

News Comments > CryENGINE V Goes Pay What You Want
19. Re: CryENGINE V Goes Pay What You Want Mar 16, 2016, 15:58 CJ_Parker

Colton wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 12:07:
"Ah! Another visitor! Stay awhile ... stay FOREVER!"

I'm 49 and the early 1980's with a C64 were AWESOME!!!

One of the games I was pretty good at back in the day (I think... well, compared to my buddies at least... I mean we didn't have the whole online comparisons yet, right? ). I could finish Impossible Mission in just over 20 minutes IIRC. The puzzle at the end became a two minute affair once you knew the pieces. Together with H.E.R.O (little helicopter jetpack man) it was my most played C64 game.

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 16, 2016, 15:50 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 15:47:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 15:42:
nin wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 11:14:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 11:12:
Answer: It all depends on how awesome or not your experience is. If you put it on and are immersed like never before and are in shock of how awesome it is. You open you wallet, that's how it all works. The difference here is immersion which is a big part of gaming. We'll see.

That's very much how we all got into 3d cards in the 90s. All it took was seeing something running in glide, and I was sold, cost be dammed...

True. But it also helped a lot that you didn't have to strap that Monster 3D to your head .

But for glquake, we would have gladly done it...

Hmm... Quake... nah. But for Lara's rounder b00bies in Tomb Raider: Fuck yes!

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 16, 2016, 15:42 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 11:14:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 11:12:
Answer: It all depends on how awesome or not your experience is. If you put it on and are immersed like never before and are in shock of how awesome it is. You open you wallet, that's how it all works. The difference here is immersion which is a big part of gaming. We'll see.

That's very much how we all got into 3d cards in the 90s. All it took was seeing something running in glide, and I was sold, cost be dammed...

True. But it also helped a lot that you didn't have to strap that Monster 3D to your head .

News Comments > Free Planetary Annihilation Keys
12. Re: Free Planetary Annihilation Keys Mar 16, 2016, 15:02 CJ_Parker

Not doing any of this shit for a game that has 'mixed' user reviews. Fuck off.  

News Comments > CryENGINE V Goes Pay What You Want
11. Re: CryENGINE V Goes Pay What You Want Mar 16, 2016, 03:45 CJ_Parker

CryEngine must be a beast of complexity with fairly poor documentation according to info from many CIG behind the scenes features. I agree that it was probably the worst engine choice they could possibly make but that's what happens when you have a CEO who returns to gaming after a decade and just knows that Crysis looked cool and goes for it.

Anyway, I doubt that there will be many indie devs able to put it to good use due to the high demands. They will be using engines that will get the job done more efficiently (less cost, less time, less training, less support). It's probably also much easier to find employees who have experience with UE or Unity than with CE.
That's why I wouldn't exactly expect a flood of CE games from this move... unless what Yerli said is actually true and CE 5 really is a massive revamp of the whole thing but that sounded more like marketing talk than anything else. Guess we'll see...

News Comments > Tyranny Announced
8. Re: Tyranny Announced Mar 16, 2016, 03:29 CJ_Parker

lol@Obsidian

Tyranny of the Bugs.

News Comments > The Division Claims More Sales Records
1. Re: The Division Claims More Sales Records Mar 15, 2016, 21:06 CJ_Parker

Gaming
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v
Shitter

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 15, 2016, 16:48 CJ_Parker

That's console peasants fer ya. Celebrating the revolutions of 1995 in 2016!  

News Comments > Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off
4. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 15, 2016, 16:30 CJ_Parker

Ludomancer wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 12:17:
Is it free? No? Cause I'm still waiting for the rest of my $60 adventure, and I got something that felt about $0.99 worth. Nice world. Where was the game again?

You easily hyped sheeple deserve to be fleeced. If you bought JC3 for $60 then hurry up and grab that season pass for another dirt cheap $25. Come on. You know you want to!

Seriously, when will you people ever learn? I could see this from miles away that this game's actual meat would be delivered via DLC later on. Except for that, you always wait for reviews and sales if a game has a season pass. Always. Ideally you'll wait for a bundle of game + season pass to go on sale.
Do not support season pass games. You are begging for more chopped up games in the future by supporting this shit with a $60 full price purchase.

3363 Comments. 169 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo