Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4559 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2018, 15:58 CJ_Parker

Quinn wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 15:25:
Good to see KCD up there. This game deserves it. 55 hours in and still in love.

y u fall in luv wit ugleh cow?!?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Feb 24, 2018, 11:35 CJ_Parker

They might as well make it a top 100 and list every single popular MMO. Games like SWG and WoW had horrible launches.
From recent memory and a non-MMO it is sorely missing Batman Arkham Knight. They even pulled the PC version from sale for a few months, right? I did not experience the launch version myself but going by the shitstorm it must have been bad.
The GOTY that I played was pretty much flawless. That game is an amazing work of art so it recovered and then some. How could they miss that one? Duh.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 23, 2018, 22:01 CJ_Parker

Well, at least they are admitting it now...  

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
69. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 10:46 CJ_Parker

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 09:11:
1) Yes, you have to be a member of a club. Why? Because you have to prove that you have a good enough reason and that youre training with it regularly. In that case sports. Club. They are at every corner in Germany. You only need a "REALLY good reason" if you want to be able to have a carry permit, which is extremely rare in Germany and generally only for jobs that require weapons in public. But that doesnt hold anyone back, if they want to shoot up a school.

Nope. It's much harder than you are making it sound here. To get a permit, you MUST fulfill ALL of these five basic reqs: Be at least 18+, have a clean record and be a reliable person (no drugs, booze, mental shit etc.), pass an EXAM (you conveniently skipped over this req twice now) and you must present a "need" to acquire weapons and ammo.

Yes, being a shooting club member is enough for this last one (the "need") BUT you need to be 21+ as a shooting club dude and you must have been a club member for at least 12 months before you are allowed to get your own gun. You can't just become a club member "at every corner", buy a gun and keep it at home as you were originally making it sound. That's complete BS.

They dont come and check randomly. That utter BS. You need to prove at first that you have a locker like that (a simple invoice is enough), but after that its all finee.

More bullshit. The police (well, or Ordnungsbehörde) MUST(!) perform regular checks. It's mandatory. They randomly select people and approximately 5% of gun owners get checked on each year without prior warning.

3) Also BS about the caliber. You can use pretty much any caliber gun with a Waffenbesitzkarte and an extra permit and many have that permit, because its really easy to get.

Ah so now at least you mention that you need an extra permit (no shit, Sherlock and the requirements are pretty steep the "bigger" the weapon... it's once again not nearly as easy as you make it sound) instead of just being a club member. Well, at least you are admitting that you skipped over tons of facts previously.

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
55. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 07:39 CJ_Parker

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 05:38:
Youre implying Germany has strict gun control. But it really doesnt. And many countries you listed have even less gun control than Germany. Anyone over 18 can have a gun in Germany, as long as they are law abiding citizens, its just a bit more effort. The only thing German laws prevent well are accidents, because you need to prove that you are trained on guns, but as I said, thats not that much effort, since when you like guns, you go and shoot them.
Germany is on 4th place in guns per population and in almost every small village theres a shooting club (no exaggeration).

As a German: This is mostly bullshit and you are intentionally skipping some facts. To own a private gun, you can not just apply for a gun as a 18+ law abiding citizen. You MUST be a member of a shooting club or be a certified hunter or be able to present a REALLY good reason to own a gun for personal safety (like if you are a member of the diplomatic corps).
And then pass the tests and background checks, of course, before you get a permit.

As a shooting club dude you can't necessarily take your gun home with you. The gun usually needs to be locked away at the club. If you have permission to take the gun home then you need to keep it locked away at home with the ammo locked away in a different place at home.
There are strict regulations with regard to the safety of these lockers and yeah the authorities *do* actually come to visit gun owners to check on this stuff.

Finally, most gun owners in Germany have small caliber stuff like the .22 guns and many "gun owners" simply have inherited old weapons from their Nazi grandfathers with no ammo and the gun probably not even in a working condition. No one here legally owns guns like a AR-15.
The statistics of "gun ownership" here are inflated by these legacy "gun owners" (people who have their grandfather's Mauser in a box in the basement for decades).

I personally do not know a single person who owns a private gun at home. I have only ever met people who go to a shooting club where they use their gun or the club's guns on weekends but that hobby is mostly a rural/redneck Germany thing and not very widespread.

You'd have to look long and hard to find gun owners in cities. The average Joe here simply doesn't give a fuck about owning or shooting guns. Guns are generally frowned upon by the vast majority of people with the single exception of the annual "Schützenfest" events in some Western German regions (like in Neuss and generally the Rhineland area).
Other than that, if you want to have an active social life, then it's best not to mention guns, especially not owning one.

News Comments > METAL GEAR SURVIVE Released
8. Re: METAL GEAR SURVIVE Released Feb 22, 2018, 16:19 CJ_Parker

Nullity wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 11:57:
#fuckonami

Well said. Philosophical almost...

News Comments > Stellaris: Apocalypse Now!
6. Re: Stellaris: Apocalypse Now! Feb 22, 2018, 16:17 CJ_Parker

Aaaahhh DLC'o'rama episode MMXXXDVIII ... I alreadeh can't wait for the next one!!!  

News Comments > Hunt Showdown Early Access
1. Re: Hunt Showdown Early Access Feb 22, 2018, 16:13 CJ_Parker

Aaaah moar sirvival garbitch... grate!  

News Comments > Sledgehammer Founders Move Up
5. Re: Sledgehammer Founders Move Up Feb 21, 2018, 20:49 CJ_Parker

PacoTaco wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 18:13:
please suck my personal penis.

you sayin you have more than one bruh?!?

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released
13. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released Feb 21, 2018, 17:09 CJ_Parker

Task wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 09:40:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 09:02:
Windows store + UWP make this an instant NO-BUY.

It's also sad that the clowns at MS are only able to re-release ancient shit as PC exclusives instead of risking some money on genuinely new PC projects.

I'm glad they are doing anything with AoE really. They are also making AoE IV too you know, that'll be something 'new' at least in this series.

Personally I'm more upset that Microsoft is doing nothing with MechWarrior, not even remasters or simply making the originals compatible on modern systems for release on GoG. The IP is just dead and rotting at this point, and that MW5 and MWO don't count to me since there is literally nothing innovative or next-gen about them.

Yes, that is another slap in the face to PC gamers although with MechWarrior I could somehow understand if licensing (IP) issues are in the way.

However, there is no excuse at all not to release Freelancer or Starlancer to GOG. Those games are among the highest voted on the GOG wishlist forums. There is even a post from some Microsoft product manager chick from a few years ago saying that she thought it was a great idea and she'd forward it to the higher ups.

Of course nothing has happened in spite of Microsoft's overwhelming love for PC gamers.

News Comments > Sledgehammer Founders Move Up
2. Re: Sledgehammer Founders Move Up Feb 21, 2018, 16:30 CJ_Parker

and Schofield saying his new role at Activision was something he "couldn't pass up."

Lemme guess... "Lootbox Executive Director"?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed: Origins Adds Discovery Tour and Game+
5. Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins Adds Discovery Tour and Game+ Feb 21, 2018, 09:03 CJ_Parker

Gold edition for $9.99 and we're talking business so hurry the fuck up with your milking, Ubishit and let's get to it, shall we?  

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released
8. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released Feb 21, 2018, 09:02 CJ_Parker

Windows store + UWP make this an instant NO-BUY.

It's also sad that the clowns at MS are only able to re-release ancient shit as PC exclusives instead of risking some money on genuinely new PC projects.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week
15. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week Feb 20, 2018, 16:14 CJ_Parker

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 13:18:
I'm going to have to revisit things when the new release is out. I stopped playing a couple months ago when I got stuck doing an engineering upgrade. Still kind of frustrated with how that whole mechanic works. I need to improve my Anaconda for better jump ranges, but that stupid engineering mini game keeps me questioning if I got an acceptable role or not.

Yep. The interface is a little convoluted. The hard part, however, is tracking down the resources for a grade 5 FSD jump range upgrade.
Anyway, what you should be looking at with a FSD upgrade is a high roll on "Optimised Mass".

At the same time you'd want the negative attributes to be as low as possible, of course, although the main focus for max jump range would once again be on the mass of the module itself because a high optimised mass roll would partially be voided if the mass of the actual FSD module would drive up the ship's weight by several tons.

Fully exploration-focused Anacondas can reach 60+-ish light years of jump range but if you want to have more fun, e.g. install a vehicle or fighter hangar etc., then you'd be looking at just over 50ly jump range.

It doesn't really matter that much in the end unless you want to explore the extreme fringes of the galaxy where the star system density gets so low that you need MAX jump capability. In "normal" space you'll just get around a little quicker with a higher jump range.

I would not obsess over it. Getting the resources is (or was before this upcoming patch) hard enough so just go with the first decent looking roll and err... yeah, roll with it . You can always return to it and try for a better result, especially once they have implemented the RNGineering system change that prevents getting a worse result than you already have (which may actually be in this patch already(?)).

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week
2. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week Feb 20, 2018, 10:08 CJ_Parker

It's a sandbox. Always has been, always will be. Go play something else if you can't handle a sandbox, n00b.  

News Comments > Remastered System Shock on Hiatus
2. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 16, 2018, 19:35 CJ_Parker

I hereby congratulate myself on my crowdfunding hiatus. Fuck shit like this.  

News Comments > PUBG Plans to Reveal Plans
5. Re: PUBG Plans to Reveal Plans Feb 15, 2018, 18:12 CJ_Parker

Retired wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 12:05:
I assume they will announce a new game.

I assume this is a joke post.

Why the hell would they announce a new game when PUBG has been consistently (through all new releases of 2017 plus the summer, fall, holiday, xmas, whatever sales) the no. 1 top selling game on Steam since March 26, 2017?

The horse is still in the race and keeps riding at full gallop speed with not even a hint of tiring.

The only new shit they might announce is some new maps, more (pretend) anti-cheat crap and maybe a few gameplay tweaks. Otherwise: Never change a winning game. This game keeps breaking record after record and is at least among, if not the best selling PC game(s) of all time (some say Minecraft and CSGO have more lifetime sales but both have also been around a lot longer than PUBG).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: 3Dfx History: The GPU's Great Turning Point Feb 15, 2018, 17:47 CJ_Parker

Combo cards kinda sucked (at first). Anyone who really cared about image quality usually had a Matrox Millennium for 2D/desktop and one or two (SLI) 3Dfx Voodoo 1 or 2 for 3D.

News Comments > THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media
12. Re: THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media Feb 14, 2018, 13:09 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 11:18:
They bought Novalogic in 2016. I want another voxel-based Commanche!

^ Fuck yes!

News Comments > THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media
1. Re: THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media Feb 14, 2018, 10:08 CJ_Parker

They say the transaction is worth $149.6 million

That is what they say but is it really? Hmmm....

CRASH AND BURN BABY CRASH AND BURN Flamethrower

MUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAA

4559 Comments. 228 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo