Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3248 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 1, 2016, 13:50 CJ_Parker

y u n0t w8 4 s413 brah???  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 1, 2016, 05:36 CJ_Parker

rudra wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 20:38:
i really do think that christ roberts was trying to string them all along until the technology caught up to the point where all this would be possible - thing is, it wont be happening for another 5 years at the very least, more likely 10 with any kind of headroom and as something that is "common"... but regardless you need a strong software backbone to begin with and everyone knows that is the last thing happening at le ~C~L~O~U~D I~M~P~E~R~I~U~M~ (oo la la)

what a fucking toolbag

Dude, they currently have 16 players per instance and are struggling hard with increasing it to 24 (supposed to happen in one of the next few patches). All this at a VERY TINY FRACTION of the feature set and "fideliteeehhh" that the final game is supposed to have.
And on top of this, the instancing system is not even finished yet. At the moment everyone (well, all 16 players max) is in one instance. There is no going from instance to instance yet. No handoffs, no inter-instance data exchange, nothing of that sort... you know, like, the complete actual hard part of doing a multiplayer game is still a complete no show.
And Roberts that pathetic liar is talking large scale space battles with "a few hundred" ships. Bwwwaaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaa.

It is completely out of this world unrealistic that a game like SC will EVER have large scale space battles with even ONE hundred, let alone "a few hundred" ships at the same time. Impossible. Physically and technically im-fucking-possible.

Unless, of course, Christ Roberts finds a way to make bits and bytes travel faster than light through wormholes or some shit like that (you know... a server and a client wormhole so be prepared to preorder your own signed by Christ Roberts wormhole from the Cloud Imperium web store any day now! ) and buys everyone a Cray supercomputer.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 29, 2016, 19:51 CJ_Parker

Christ Roberts Monday Morning Muppet Show:

" ... but I do think we will probably be able to get, like, quite a few hundred people doing that [large scale space battles]... "

Yup. Sure.

A "few hundred people" in a space battle at the fidelity that SC is aiming for sounds toooooooootally realistic.

Dear kids: This is why you want to stay away from drugs. Not healthy, mkay?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 29, 2016, 16:42 CJ_Parker

Off to Guantanamo with that li'l bitch. That'll teach her some much needed manners!!  

News Comments > WW1 Battlefield 5 in October? [Updated]
5. Re: WW1 Battlefield 5 in October? Feb 26, 2016, 10:35 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 10:13:
Given this game being BF I am sure we will get the title screen for the $59.99 price and everything else will be DLC

True that. I would only buy the Premium edition for sub $20 years down the line but EA can still shove their $60 + $50 ripoff model where it's dark and brown. Luckily, with this retarded setting, I will never even have to think about it.

Re the setting, I wouldn't have minded a BF2143, a return to WW2, Vietnam or just another modern one (because why not?).

But WW1? Fook that shite properly. What a bore. WW1 were the trench wars. First down and 10 in the morning, then fourth down and 9 in the evening. Yippie! A whole yard in a day!

The weapons were crap and clunky, low rate of fire, breaking all the time, overheating, jamming, long reload times etc.
Air combat sucked with the flying lawnmowers that gained altitude at a max rate of 1ft/h and tanks were about as mobile as a 90 year old granny.

TL;DR WW1 iz azz

News Comments > WW1 Battlefield 5 in October? [Updated]
2. Re: WW1 Battlefield 5 in October? Feb 26, 2016, 10:07 CJ_Parker

What hype? This is like the dumbest fucking setting they could possibly choose.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
57. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 26, 2016, 08:05 CJ_Parker

Dude, on Win 7 uninstall the spyware KBs (google) and make sure to uncheck "Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates". Problem solved.  

News Comments > New Ashes of the Singularity Beta & Benchmark
5. Re: New Ashes of the Singularity Beta & Benchmark Feb 26, 2016, 06:45 CJ_Parker

Lord Tea wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 05:57:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 02:20:
I think what bummed me out initially was that everything was hovercraft, and the two sides had little differentiation. The newer gameplay vids show improved differentiation, but everything is still hover. What made TA/SupCom so great was how the sheer variety of weapons could all be an equally valid path to victory.
- Turtle up and lob artillery or nukes across the map.
- Rush the enemy with a huge ground army of cheap or midrange units.
- Turtle up and build a huge airforce to bomb the crap out the enemy.
- Awesome naval options for water maps
- Save up for an "Experimental" unit and steamroll the enemy
- Airlift (automatically) massive armies across the map for surprise and flanking attacks
- Any combination of the above.

I like what I see of AotS so far, but it feels only partly finished without mechs, tanks, ships, specials, defenses, etc. etc. One thing I do like is the connected map nodes, a la CoH. But without unit variety, it just feels like the "spam and jam" style gameplay would be the main way to play. Where's the beef?

This sums up my opinion, perfectly.

On a side note: I like how those overpriced Nvidia cards show ZERO benefit from going to DX12 (unlike AMD's cards). I'm one of those who got fucked over by the 970 fiasco and Nv's "don't worry, it's a feature" stance. It's now getting more and more obvious that Nv's current overpriced hardware simply doesn't support several DX12 features. >$700 for a 980 Ti that performs like a 390X under DX12. LOL. AMD next time.

nVidia built their cards and developed their drivers with the games in mind that are actually available for purchase and those are current gen DirectX 11 games where nVidia is dancing in circles around anything AMD has to offer.

Who gives a shit about DirectX 12 at this point? There will be a little more than a handful of games this year (AotS, some Fable MMO crap, GoW Ultimate rehash, that Hitman episodic garbage, and Deus Ex Mankind Divided).
DirectX 12 is not really going to be relevant for a long time, and when it does become relevant, we will have AMD Polaris and nVidia Pascal stomping the performance of the current gen cards firmly into the ground.

I, for one, am very happy with my GTX 980 which I bought a little over a year ago. I have thoroughly enjoyed every gaming minute with this card because it is super-silent, fast, stable, compatible, decent drivers, great feature set, low power consumption and lots of other stuff AMD does not have on offer.
I don't care about some mythical and theoretical DirectX 12 performance advantage of AMD. I enjoy playing current games and not theorizing about upcoming DirectX 12 games. When those DX12 games arrive, I'll have a Pascal and will lol@AMD as always.

54. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 26, 2016, 06:06 CJ_Parker

Windows 7 is definitely not "ancient" and "outdated" as previous entries in the Windows series. Everything a regular power user might need is still supported contrary to e.g. Windows XP which was lacking native SATA drivers IIRC and you always had to fiddle with F6 and install the drivers prior to installing the OS and stuff like that.
None of that with regard to Win 7 yet. It supports everything just fine.

Performance and stability are laughable arguments to me. My Win 7 performs 100% smooth. Everything happens instantly. For Win 10 to offer better performance, it would have to anticipate in advance what I want to do next.
As for stability, there is nothing beyond 100% stability. The very few Win 7 crashes I have ever seen were all related to some garbage software or drivers dragging the OS down with it and that will happen on Win 10, too, if a program fucks with memory access hard enough.
The Win 10 on my laptop, shortly after I upgraded last fall, I have seen more crashes in a month than in several years of Win 7.

The only thing Win 10 has going for it over Win 7 for me is DX12 but the games aren't here yet and none of the games that are in the making really interest me all that much except a possible DX12 patch for Rise of the TR but I won't be buying that game before its complete edition drops to/below 9.99 anyway.

So... nope. Windows 7 is definitely by far not as "ancient" or "outdated" as its predecessors at a comparable point in time. There isn't really anything important (= native support) missing from Win 10 that isn't also in 7.
It's a completely optional "downgrade" for happy Win 7 users. I will personally upgrade my gaming desktop at the last minute. Not looking forward to it either. It's just a necessary evil unfortunately.

News Comments > DOOM Uncut for Germany
19. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 25, 2016, 13:40 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 13:34:
And about those crimes: I've provided a link to a website dealing with fake reports about crimes commited by immigrants. Go, take a look, maybe some stories you heard about shit supposedly going down in your area might be wrong, too.

I do not give a flying fuck about anyone faking anything. I read the official police reports and not some nutjob conspiracy websites.
The Beaver and I have both linked to reputable sources that completely refute all of your claims. We do not need support from right wing nuts. We only need to look at reality and it would help if you would do that, too.
But you don't have to, of course. You can also keep living in your delusional German wonderland where we're playing shiny happy people with all the immigrants.

The choice is all yours and, frankly, I don't care what you do. Reality will catch up with you soon enough.

16. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 25, 2016, 13:18 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 12:47:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 12:11:
nin wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 11:58:
Ahumado wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 11:52:
If the country lets women get raped and attacked by immigrants then denies it happens....fake violence should be entirely acceptable.

I'll give that a 5/10...some effort to troll, but not too much.

Its funny how people dont believe that actually happens here. Well, I didnt either at first.
I assure you, it happens. A lot.
They even admit it. They say they are not reporting about it, are manipulating statistics and let them run to not strengthen the extreme right wingers in their arguments, to preserve peace.

I assure you. It does NOT happen a lot. It's about as often an immigrant commiting a crime as it is a German.

No it's not. Cologne (and Hamburg and many other cities we should not forget about!) was a unique mass rape event without precedence in more recent German history (post WW2).

Secondly, there are areas of crime like burglaries where the percentage of non-German criminals far outweighs the percentage of Germans.

For example, in my Bundesland in Baden-Wuerttemberg, the total number of burglaries in 2015 finally went down by 10% after huge leaps and after setting new records in previous years BUT the number of non-Germans who have been caught is at 55%. We do not have 55% non-Germans in our population (just yet) so this is obviously a case where foreigners are causing WAY more trouble than Germans.

There is also a reason why the secretaries of the interior of both, Bayern and Baden-Wuerttemberg (the two southern most federal states in Germany for those who don't know) have FINALLY entered into a better cooperation and persecution agreement last year in spring. The reason was the huge amounts of property crimes in BY and BW committed mostly by E/SE/S European gangs.
Also: Let us not forget the results of the police checks related to the G7 summit in spring last year. The police registered 6,600 illegal border crossings during that time.

Finally, just open your eyes. Read your local police report. I have definitely noticed a huge increase in crime in my surroundings, especially robberies which used to be rare three, five years ago and now happen every other day.
Or read the book by Tania Kambouri, a German cop who has a migrant background and talks about her every day experience with migrant criminals.

It is completely ludicrous to claim that there are no problems with migrant crimes. It is also true that the media are very one-sided pro migrant (pro Merkel). Until about six months ago I was convinced that we have a free press in Germany and I would have defended it against anyone claiming otherwise. Not anymore.
The police and the media keep sweeping migrant issues under the rug and totally exaggerate when the right wingers as much as dare cough.

Fuck this country at the moment. Seriously.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2016, 13:24.

News Comments > Alan Wake Returns TMed
10. Re: Alan Wake Returns TMed Feb 25, 2016, 12:11 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 11:45:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 10:31:
Verno wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 10:20:
Quantum Break with rumors of Forza, the new Gears and etc to follow. I'm referring to the seeming intent of bringing their games to both platforms instead of just on the crapbox.

Ah OK, I misunderstood the "previously" then because I thought you were talking about old games or remakes/rehashes.

I'm still not willing to give MS any credit for bringing those other games to PC though. The obvious reasons why they are doing so is that for one the Shitbox is losing the console race by a landslide so MS is just trying to use the additional sales potential on PC to cut their losses (not to be taken too literally) and the other one is promoting the Windows store as much as possible.

This isn't really about caring about the PC as a gaming platform or taking PC gaming more seriously. The only way they could convince me of really caring would be my above mentioned PC-exclusive flagship DirectX 12 title that would take full advantage of the PC's capabilities.

Lame-ass Shitbox ports to PC in order to make an additional buck and promote the Windows 10 store do not cut it - at all!

Your logic is fueled by anger. The 360 had the lead over the PS3 for quite some time, and they ended up tied.

The only reason the 360 had a lead over the PS3 initially was the fact that the 360 came out pretty much exactly a full year before the PS3. It had a one year headstart and still only ended up in a tie.

You seem to be under the impression MSFT is abandoning the Xbone, which... is kind of seeing what you want to see, no?

In an ideal world, the Xbox should never have happened and it can not disappear from the face of this planet soon enough. I know that another console would take its place and I have no problem with that.

The specific and unique problem with the Xbox is that Microsoft owns the DirectX and the Windows platform. Ever since 1998 A.D. (or so) they've had this vision that people MUST use PCs for work, MS Office, Internet Explorer et al and that people MUST shift their gaming to a yet to be announced living room "PC" which then later turned out to be the Xbox.

Microsoft has never given up on this vision and have done everything in their power, no matter how dirty, sleazy and backstabbing, to pull PC gamers away from their PCs and try to force them into the living room with a Shitbox.
There is a constant clash of interests, hypocrisy, double standards and bullshit when it comes to Microsoft's actions against PC gamers.

That, my friends, is why I have come to fucking hate Microsoft's guts with a passion (it has not always been like that). It would be beyond awesome if they would shut down or sell off the Shitbox division in order to focus back on DirectX gaming like before the time the first Shitbox got dumped on us.

Finally, it is also unforgivable that those assholes shut down Ensemble and Aces. And don't get me started on Freelancer and Starlancer still nowhere to be seen on GOG or any other digital download service. Those lazy fucks. How about adding those to the Windows store instead of garbage ware, MS?

You see... it's really a bit of a love/hate relationship... though mostly hate. Yes.

7. Re: Alan Wake Returns TMed Feb 25, 2016, 10:31 CJ_Parker

Verno wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 10:20:
Quantum Break with rumors of Forza, the new Gears and etc to follow. I'm referring to the seeming intent of bringing their games to both platforms instead of just on the crapbox.

Ah OK, I misunderstood the "previously" then because I thought you were talking about old games or remakes/rehashes.

I'm still not willing to give MS any credit for bringing those other games to PC though. The obvious reasons why they are doing so is that for one the Shitbox is losing the console race by a landslide so MS is just trying to use the additional sales potential on PC to cut their losses (not to be taken too literally) and the other one is promoting the Windows store as much as possible.

This isn't really about caring about the PC as a gaming platform or taking PC gaming more seriously. The only way they could convince me of really caring would be my above mentioned PC-exclusive flagship DirectX 12 title that would take full advantage of the PC's capabilities.

Lame-ass Shitbox ports to PC in order to make an additional buck and promote the Windows 10 store do not cut it - at all!

4. Re: Alan Wake Returns TMed Feb 25, 2016, 10:16 CJ_Parker

Verno wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 10:06:
I'd rather see more PC games than less and getting previously exclusive games on the PC is really nice. The Windows Store is a fucking joke and a nightmare to use but hey, its progress.

Dude? Alan Wake was released on PC. Nothing exclusive about it. Same for Gears of War. I'm pretty sure that there isn't a single former exclusive that they are now bringing to PC or if there is then let me just ask: Which one(s) are you talking about?

2. Re: Alan Wake Returns TMed Feb 25, 2016, 09:58 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 09:47:
Oh, that just screams win10 only...

Yup. Microsoft are on a roll of cheap-assing it to the max. I mean why develop a really cool genuinely new DirectX 12 flagship game utilizing the full potential of the PC platform if you can quarter-ass it by rehashing your lame console crap games from a decade ago, release them on Shitbox and poorly port them with outrageous hardware reqs for release on Windows 10 store only?

Welcome to Phil Spencer's world of awesome PC gaming. What a ride...

1. Re: Users of Microsoft's 'free' Windows 10 find unexpected ads on lock screen Feb 25, 2016, 09:44 CJ_Parker

Begun the ad wars have...  

10. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 25, 2016, 06:53 CJ_Parker

rist3903 wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 01:07:
Is Germany finally unclenching about violence in video games or something?

We haven't had any school shootings or other amok runs that could be blamed on video games in a long, long time so that may have something to do with it (the last "big one" was Winnenden in 2009). Watch this policy get a 180 reversal if and when something happens again. Our politicians (like everywhere else) are opportunistic assholes who are just after short term popularity for the next election. Banning video games just has not been a public interest topic for many years now.

Or maybe it simply has to do with the fact that the game looks shitty enough to not be considered a realistic portrayal of violent acts. I mean it does have to run on Shitbox so that is a very likely possibility actually and all the footage they have shown so far just illustrated what a lame-ass low req garbage port this is going to be.

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Feb 23, 2016, 11:45 CJ_Parker

dangerman77 wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 10:45:
Is this the patch that makes Pillars not suck?

So... have you become his secretary?

News Comments > Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us
16. Re: Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us Feb 23, 2016, 09:43 CJ_Parker

NetHead wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 08:46:
Freddie wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 21:03:
Valve announces HL3, HL2: Source 2 upgrade & LFD3...wouldn't that be a nice trifecta

...and then they make them all VR exclusive. That would be one way to kickstart the VR revolution

No it wouldn't.

Requiring people to sign up online for Half-Life 2, is worlds away from requiring they spend a load of money they probably either don't have or are unwilling to spend on it.

True that. Not to mention the barrier of...

- strapping bulky plastic stuff to one's head
- uncertainties with regard to one's individual ability to adapt (potential motion sickness, wearing glasses, wearing an audio headset in addition to the already massive VR set and many other concerns)
- being required to learn an all new control scheme

There's some huge obstacles beyond just the price of admission in terms of required hardware (a $1,500+ PC) and the cost of the actual VR unit.
VR might eventually carve out its niche but there is not going to be such a thing as a VR revolution (at least not until they find ways where VR glasses become the size and comfort of regular shades at about half or less the current price of admission).

News Comments > The Division Beta Claims Record
20. Re: The Division Beta Claims Record Feb 23, 2016, 04:59 CJ_Parker

Another testament to the extremely sad state of affairs in mainstream AAA gaming land when trite garbage like this sets records *sigh*...  

3248 Comments. 163 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo