Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4363 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Oct 31, 2017, 17:37 CJ_Parker

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 17:34:
Wonder if it had anything to do with the survey they sent out

Even if it did it probably had even more to do with abysmal preorder sales.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 29, 2017, 15:23 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 15:16:
... if you're into weird Japanese story 3rd person shooters.

Aaaaahhhhaaa. See... I knew there was a qualifier that I was not aware of .

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 29, 2017, 15:10 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 14:56:
too bad The Evil Within 2 hasn't sold so well.

Not very surprising though since it's apparently a slightly less mediocre sequel to a very mediocre and forgettable game. I'm amazed they made a sequel at all.
Then to release it during this fall season that is filled to the brim with high profile stuff is utterly retarded. It's like they wanted it to fail at all costs.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled
5. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 28, 2017, 21:33 CJ_Parker

Retired wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 20:54:
I should have quit reading at "I didn't bake BT4".

Yep. You got that right. I only bake yummy cookies but no BT4! No puking on the floor either. Them cookies are delicious!

Also for someone who "knows how it works" it is quite an impressive feat to still be without a Torment key more than 8 months after the game came out... or actually more than a year after it went to early access (and IIRC every backer except physical tiers received keys when the game went to early access).

Not bad. That's what I call a slacker backer extraordinaire.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled
3. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 28, 2017, 16:49 CJ_Parker

I didn't back BT4 but... dude? It's not even out yet. It has been delayed to 2018.

As for ToN, well, top of the mornin' to you, Sir. How about contacting their support? The game came out at the end of February.

From your issues it sounds like you have some major misconception about how KS works. You do realize you have to link your KS and your inXile backer portal accounts, right? You have to sign up at the inXile website and then follow the steps to tell them your KS e-mail address.

Alternatively, check your spam mail. They usually send out like half a dozen reminders for lazy backers who still haven't linked their shit together. You know, it makes sense to read those KS backer mails every once in a while. Why back if you don't give a shit anyway?

P.S.: Just checked. BT4 doesn't have a backer portal yet. This is why I'm no longer backing inXile... incredible how slow and lame they are. The only thing they are really good and fast at is collecting money for projects that are YEARS out. As a Torment backer head here.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 28, 2017, 11:00 CJ_Parker

Welp. You are definitely correct that this game, its makers and its cultists are full of sickness. No doubt about it. The sanity train has left the station a looong time ago for the supporters of this POS.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
28. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 28, 2017, 03:18 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 22:32:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 21:59:
Oh well. I wasn't going to buy it anyway since I can not buy an uncensored version in my country

The fuck do you live? Uganda?

Germany, dude. They don't allow swastikas here in games but only in movies and other forms of art. Yes. Games are not art here (IMO rightfully so but that's a different topic).

So any game with Nazi stuff gets the ban hammer. The only version of Wolfenstein we can buy on Steam is censored and to add insult to injury they also only have the horrible German language version.

They changed all the symbols in the German version and the Nazis are called "the regime" or something like that. It probably also has all-out cuts and altered dialogues. It's butchered like hell.

You know, back in the days before Steam, I would simply hit EBGames or GameStop and import a US copy of Return to Castle Wolfenstein CE (quite expensive with shipping but I was willing to do it for an uncensored copy), insert CD and play but in the age of the glorious region lock this is no longer possible.

There are ways to work around it with VPN, offline mode and so on but it's all kinda inconvenient and also slightly risky because it is against Valve's ToS ofc.

I don't usually pirate EVER but the Wolfensteins after RtCW had to be freebies due to the region locking bullshit.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
24. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 27, 2017, 21:59 CJ_Parker

christheshitter wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 20:32:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 14:30:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 11:10:
I just noticed this guys reviews. I like his presentation, voice and style. Not overtly spoilerish.
ACG Reviews, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Review "Buy, Wait for Sale, Rent, Never Touch?"

Angry Centaur Gaming is one of my favorite youtube games reviewers. No pretentious intros (no dubstep, no drawn out intro animations, no begging for likes and shameless self promotion before the video), and no filler and/or fluff. Quality stuff.

Worth a Buy is better.

And this game series have gone to shit! All you consolelovers commenting with praising the game. It's hilarious!

I thought that TNO and TOB were very decent games but it's definitely hit the colossal shithole with this new one due to the season pass. Fuck off with that piecemeal garbage already.
Oh well. I wasn't going to buy it anyway since I can not buy an uncensored version in my country thanks to Steam's glorious region locking. Now I'll have to wait before I can pirate the GOTY. Outrageous!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Star Citizen, exclusive ship will come free with new Intel solid-state drives. Oct 27, 2017, 14:39 CJ_Parker

SlimRam wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 12:13:
Doesn't Citizencon start today?

Yeah, there's some stuff on their YT channel including CR's opening address.

No idea about S42. I don't really give a fuck anymore. They either release some shit or they don't. Everything else is just fluff and talk. Fuck them all.

11. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown Oct 27, 2017, 14:26 CJ_Parker

Could be FoV sickness. Have you tried changing that setting?  

News Comments > Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free
10. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 25, 2017, 11:13 CJ_Parker

I'm not a huge fan of the new ones because Jensen is way too pseudo-cool and pretentious (Adam McPose) but what kills it for me for now is the abysmal performance.

I might check it out again when I have a Volta card but stuttering on a 4790K and 1080Ti combo is unacceptable. It looks awesome all maxed out, of course, but so do other games and they don't stutter. Probably another shitty port by Squeenix.

After what they did with the first game, i.e. the GOTY version, they don't deserve any money for this crap anyway. When I have a Volta and the price for DXMD *plus* the DLC drops below $10 we might meet again.

/uninstalled

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs
7. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs Oct 24, 2017, 05:24 CJ_Parker

Frijoles wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 23:01:
We're moving in to the "It's Expensive to be a Gamer" months.

Nope. Not at all if you have a modicum of self control. If you are a mindless consumerist lemming who MUST compulsively buy everything right NOW then things might look different, of course...

It doesn't even take self control but just being a little selective. AssCreed, for example, is a perfect game to buy in a year or two when they will sell the fully patched gold version including all DLC for a discount.

Personally, I never pirate games but Wolfenstein will unfortunately have to become one of the very few exceptions as usual since the invention of Steam and region locks since I can not buy and not even import an uncensored version in my country. So thanks for the freebie to Bethesda, Machines Games and Valve.

The last game in the series I purchased was RtCW but that was before the age of the region lock. I'd buy this one, too, if there were a way to import an uncensored copy and activate it but there isn't so... yaaaarrrrrrrr matey shiver me timbers muuuuuahahahahahahahaaa

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Oct 23, 2017, 11:25 CJ_Parker

I've played lots of multiplayer games back 15 - 20 years ago when they were still kind of new, i.e. when we finally left crappy dial-up behind us and broadband was spreading more widely while the MP gaming experiences were getting better and better. Even played some MMOs and quite a lot of the original CS but also lots of Rainbow Six Rogue Spear, Age of Empires etc. etc.

With more limited gaming time and thanks to the direction the industry has taken (monetization and still no firm grip on cheaters) I am all but done with multiplayer games.

I'd rather spend my limited gaming time with a quality single player game and take a trip into a virtual world on my own terms rather than submitting myself to a multiplayer treadmill where every round plays the same with little variation and the only incentive is to get better at the game or collect virtual trophies.

To me it is more attractive to really have an experience while playing... slip into the shoes of a virtual character, explore a world, live a virtual life and discover a story. On my own terms and on my own time. You don't really get that kind of experience in a multiplayer game.

So, no, I am not "getting tired of single player campaigns, even if I don't want to admit it" (what a dumb'n'bold assumption by the author). The exact opposite for me. I am sick and tired of shitty monetized out da ass multiplayer games with cheaters galore and dudebro lulz shenanigans. Good fucking riddance to all that shit.

News Comments > PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans
2. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 23, 2017, 10:43 CJ_Parker

What they mean is they are going to milk the living fuck out of those udders.

DLC, map packs, microtransactions, loot boxes, the whole shebang.

Until the udders run dry and only then will they launch a sequel. Think CSGO or TF2 something like that. Those have been going for years and years as well while only getting patched and DLC'ed with no sequels in sight.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Season Details
20. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 22, 2017, 11:22 CJ_Parker

Asmodai wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 09:14:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 17:15:
ExGemini wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 17:06:
Darks wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 17:04:
Jagacademy wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 14:06:
Keep this console port trash off the PC.
You need to shut up. Enough with all of your bullshit...

Hurts much?
T-R-I-G-G-E-R-E-D

There's a certain irony that the first post in the thread is someone butthurt over a game no one is twisting their arm to buy coming to PC, but it's only triggered if someone calls them out for being butthurt... \= |

No irony at all.

First post (paraphrasing): "Destiny is a piece of shit" - ad rerum
Darks post (paraphrasing): "Destiny haters are pieces of shit" - ad hominem

It's two different pairs of shoes.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Season Details
2. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 21, 2017, 14:31 CJ_Parker

What he sed.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2017, 10:40 CJ_Parker

AAA single player games are definitely a very endangered species. Skyrim is from 2011 by the way and the next TES still seems to be far in the future while it remains to be seen whether it will be pure single player as previous games.

The idiots of this planet have voted with their wallets. They WANT microtansactions, they want to be able to buy skins to look cool and they want to play the loot box lottery.

So it is not too surprising that just about every game nowadays gets a multiplayer focus. The Witcher is a cute exception to the rule but let's take a serious look at the AAA landscape: MOBAs or team-based multiplayer games like Overwatch or stuff like PUBG (which has dominated the Steam charts for MONTHS now so guess what conclusions the publishers will draw from that?) make up 9/10 of the releases these days.

And then you have gigs like Ubi who mangle single player and multiplayer together as in GR Wildlands or some of the AssCreed games where multiplayer features spill over into the single player portion.
Pure single player games in the AAA space are few and far between and I'm afraid it will stay that way.

People will be tripping over themselves for Anthem cuz OMG BioWarez.
It will take a series of failures for the industry to rediscover single player games. It's the typical cycle. Right now everyone is on the multiplayer bandwagon but once that is saturated then maybe some publishers will refocus on single player in an attempt to stand out.

For me it can't come soon enough. Microtransactions and loot boxes are bad enough but also fuck multiplayer games because of their usual problems like cheating and dudebro lulz behavior.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Oct 18, 2017, 20:53 CJ_Parker

Most gamers are way too addicted to games to really vote with their wallets. The evidence can be seen very regularly here on this forum. They will bitch and moan and NEVER EVER buy an Actiblizz game again but come Diablo 4 or Overwatch 2 all is forgotten and that $60 preorder + $40 season pass is a go. The publishers will win this one.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Preloads
2. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 20:45 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 20:35:
Step one: pre-order

Nope.

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
50. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 19:36 CJ_Parker

Acleacius wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 15:58:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 14:52:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 14:34:
Think of all the developers they've killed off, most of them were hostilely taken over for their IPs, then treated like shit until the company was killed off.

Now this is bullshit. As much as EA and Actiblizz are fucksticks but let's stick to reality here. People like Roberts, Garriott or Molyneux (among others) are fucking sellouts who were very glad to hand over the keys for dozens of millions. Some of them are even repeat offenders like Molyneux who made a fortune from selling Bullfrog to EA and later Lionhead to MS.
There wasn't really anything "hostile" about it. They were laughing all the way to the bank.
No idea what this has to do with anything I mentioned. Take bioware as an example or anyone of the dozens of other developers during the 2000s. In case you were not paying attention to gaming back then, ea was hit hard because of their abusive treatment of employees, in near slave like conditions.

It doesn't matter what you or I believe, it's reality it happened.

You were talking about "hostile" takeovers which is complete bullshit. Complete. Utter. Bullshit. Google "hostile takeover" to educate yourself. Then come back with a straight face and tell me which one(s) of the studio(s) EA dismantled were "hostilely" taken over by EA.
Come on. Do it. I've wanted to have a really good laugh all day.

Also, what does the alleged EA gamer spouse letter (the veracity of which was never confirmed AFAIK) have to do with hostile takeovers? Seriously? Are you on drugs?
Besides, the holy CD Projekt does not seem to be much better in terms of working conditions (perma-crunch) but it's alright because they are the good guys, right?

4363 Comments. 219 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo