Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3329 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > MS on Win10 App Openness
25. Re: MS on Win10 App Openness Mar 31, 2016, 09:26 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 23:35:
Really don't see how this is a big deal. They're introducing a new program format that can be used by any dev, and sold by any store.

Until we hear from actual devs and players on limitations of this new format compared with Win32, then there's really no story here.

Good mornin', Sir. Hope you've had a nice months long hibernation sleep. The limitations are already here, they are very real and there have been plenty of articles on it.
Just one quick example: Since UWP apps technically run without a "visible" *.exe, all programs relying on discovering a running gaming executable are rendered useless by UWP (e.g. MSI Afterburner, Fraps and many others).
Also, you can currently not run UWP apps in exclusive fullscreen, there are massive issues with VSync, G-Sync and FreeSync and so on (the sync issues are supposed to get fixed by an update in June... impressive speedy delivery by Microsoft, as always).

No, Sir. Totes fuck UWP for gaming. This shit is 100% boycott material. If there has ever been anything worth boycotting, this is muthafuckin' IT.

Finally, the coffin nail to rule them all: I used to own Age of Empires III on GFWL. Guess what happened when MS scrapped GFWL? Yup. They just deleted people's games instead of porting them over to their MS accounts or providing backups or anything of that sort. They just deleted the GFWL accounts and flushed people's games down the toilet.
You think that I am EVER again in my whole life going to buy or own a game on a platform that is run by Microsoft? Think again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS on Win10 App Openness
9. Re: MS on Win10 App Openness Mar 30, 2016, 23:11 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 22:48:
... after GFWL and all that other garbage MS can fuck off. Will be a cold day in hell before I let any UWP app on my PC

+1

Besides, if that fucking pathological lying shitcock by the name of Phil Spencer were honest and serious about "openness", well, then... what's the holdup? Let's see GoW Ultimate, Quantum Break et al on Steam, uPlay and Origin. Ooohhh... what's that? You didn't mean *that* kind of open, of course, right?

Yeah. Fuck. Off.

News Comments > Developer n-Space Closes
16. Re: Developer n-Space Closes Mar 30, 2016, 13:30 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 11:32:
We'll here might be a good case at hand... It takes online connection to play single player.

No. It doesn't. The game often time fails to connect to the servers when you start it and then switches to offline mode automatically. You don't have to be online luckily.

News Comments > Call of Space Duty Rumors
23. Re: Call of Space Duty Rumors Mar 30, 2016, 04:52 CJ_Parker

Vall Forran wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 23:12:
So it will be the Star Citizen FPS module in a playable form. Boom!

Yep. Now we know what happened to Star Marine. Roberts that sleazy li'l bitch sold it off to Actiblizz!

News Comments > Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute
16. removed Mar 29, 2016, 13:28 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 29, 2016, 16:10.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch
16. Re: EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch Mar 29, 2016, 12:41 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 12:06:
If the CDROM didn't have Myst it would have likely never became as successful as it did.

Well, storage/media was more than ripe for a change back then to get away from dozens of diskettes so CD-ROM was a natural evolution that was merely accelerated by popular titles such as Myst, and IMHO even more so, Rebel Assault.
I generally agree with you though that VR needs a killer app. It needs much more than an accelerator, however, since it isn't really a natural evolution like going from one media format to another media format for practical and convenience reasons.
VR needs a real foundation and a validation in itself. What it basically needs is an all new genre. Something that has never been done before and something that can only be done in VR exclusively.

News Comments > Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute
3. Re: Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute Mar 29, 2016, 10:55 CJ_Parker

Aaaaaawwww crap, Gabe. No more fucking over your AU customers, eh? Too bad. Such a heartbreaking development. How are you going to afford your next Big Mac w/ fries now?  

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch
11. Re: EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch Mar 29, 2016, 09:29 CJ_Parker

3D acceleration is a very stupid comparison. No one had to strap a Monster3D to their head or have a monster PC (the Monster was THE thing turning the PC into a monster! ) or pay attention to a shitload of factors when setting up 3D.

I've read a lengthy report on the Vive and the barrier of entry is pretty fucking high. For example, you need to actually have the space around you to set up the sensors at pretty specific angles and distances to/from where you plan on using the VR headset (you're not likely to win any prices from your SO for your new room deco and cleaning the place does not get more fun either when shit is in the way all the time).
Secondly, those sensors are very light sensitive so you have to play in a darkened room.
Then there is the wiring which can be pretty tricky depending on where your PC is and you can not exceed certain cable lengths due to signal strength etc.

3D acceleration? You needed a free PCI slot. Plop. Plug. Play. Presto. That Monster3D was working its magic.
VR OTOH is a lot more demanding all around.

And, yeah, lol @ cockpit sims. How often do you read news on cockpit sims on Blue's? How often do you see cockpit sims pop up in ANY sales charts?
There is a small sim community but it is very niche and very much keeping to themselves on various pertinent forums.
Those folks are also mostly old geezers... pretty conservative folks and definitely not the kind to preorder and setup a VR HMD just because it's supposed to be a thing.
Heck, many FS enthusiasts are still on FS 9 because it works for them and they never saw a reason to upgrade to FSX.

The only "killer app" for VR could be something like Star Citizen. A first person sprawling space universe but we all know that game is years away from prime time and from VR implementation (OK, they might do a half-assed bandwagon thing to score some sales for Arena Commander but general VR support in SC is years away).

Nah. With the current hardware this has fad written all over it. Just like 3D, just like surround gaming, just like the Wii and motion controllers in general. Some people will have fun with it for a little while and then it will be forgotten again.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 28, 2016, 11:40 CJ_Parker

Yeppers. We get the Shitbox app, the store shit and the spyware crap shoved down our throats while the commie cunts get the cleaned up more customer friendly version.

Microsoft at its finest.

/golfclap

News Comments > StarCraft II: Nova Covert Ops Bonuses
8. Re: StarCraft II: Nova Covert Ops Bonuses Mar 27, 2016, 20:38 CJ_Parker

Yifes wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 17:56:
OMG $15 is so outrageous! I bet you pirate all your movies cuz you can't afford to go to the theater right? Eat one less Big Mac the next time you go to McDonalds and maybe you won't get your panties twisted over the price of entertainment that you're not even interested in the first place.

Congratulations. You have just set a new record for totally wrong assumptions in one sentence.

1) I very, very, very rarely watch movies and I'd be way too lazy to pirate any of the garbage movies they are crapping out of Hollywood these days. Fuck that shit. In the last five, six, seven(?) years I've been to the cinema like... twice. Skyfall and Episode VII. Both massive disappointments and movies that are hard to top in the stupidity department.

2) I do not go to McDonald's. Ever. I pay attention to what I stuff myself with. It's my body and I treat it responsibly. I train and eat like an athlete and not like a fucking moronic obese gamer kiddo who goes to McD to stuff themselves with the most retarded fucking garbage that is legally allowed to be sold as "food".

3) I do not wear panties.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor
14. Re: Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor Mar 27, 2016, 17:18 CJ_Parker

Fuck R* and their consoles first garbage games. The only "talking stage" they might be in would be asking how much MS and Sony are willing to cough up for withholding the game from the PC for x amount of years. Those fuckin' assholes.  

6. Re: StarCraft II: Nova Covert Ops Bonuses Mar 27, 2016, 17:13 CJ_Parker

Yifes wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 15:18:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 07:41:
Naaaaaahhhh dude. There is a difference between missions embedded in a grand campaign full retail product and three times three piecemeal cashgrab missions made from leftovers.

Yeah, except it's a single 9 mission campaign with a single story arc about Nova, not piecemeal missions. If you want piecemeal missions, you can already get that for free in the arcade. Also, you're arguing over $5, which is just stupid. "$10 is good but $5 more, HOLY FUCKING SCUMBAGS THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS" Rolleyes

Dude. Learn to read. The regular price which I was "arguing over" is $22.47 and I was saying that a max regular price of $9.99 would be OK (you know... max as in bordering on ripoff but barely acceptable). The current $14.99 is not the regular price. It is a discount price. I'm arguing over $13, not $5.
But, yeah, even the $14.99 discount shit is still absolutely fucking OUTRAGEOUS for a measly nine fucking missions which you can finish in half an afternoon as a slow player.

3. Re: StarCraft II: Nova Covert Ops Bonuses Mar 27, 2016, 07:41 CJ_Parker

Naaaaaahhhh dude. There is a difference between missions embedded in a grand campaign full retail product and three times three piecemeal cashgrab missions made from leftovers. This mission pack's standard price should be $9.99 max, not $22.47. Their pricing is fucked up by blind greed (not too surprising, of course, for a company that charges their fantards $29 for an "online viewing pass" for their biggest advertising event).  

1. Re: StarCraft II: Nova Covert Ops Bonuses Mar 26, 2016, 13:01 CJ_Parker

Hahaha those greedy fucks. $14.99 for a measly nine missions (not even in one piece but three times three). Regular price is $22.47 even. Buncha shitcocks!  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 26, 2016, 09:35 CJ_Parker

Dude, Axl only did some of the stuff that you mentioned when the exact same shit happened to him like to Vince Neil. He couldn't stand when crap was being thrown at him and the band by drunk morons.
But he seems to have (almost) grown up. The new GNR has played hundreds of concerts and nearly all without any incidents or no-shows. Generally, even if you include the concerts from the less humble beginnings of the band, you would probably end up with a very low single percentage of concerts that were cancelled, aborted or were overshadowed by some kind of incident.
The few incidents that ever occurred are being blown way out of proportion compared to the other 98%+ concerts that worked out just fine.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Free on Origin
4. Re: Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Free on Origin Mar 24, 2016, 20:32 CJ_Parker

Task wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 19:37:
Man EA/Origin are terrible with showing more media for old titles on there compared to Steam or GOG. One screenshot, no videos.

Oh yes. If only there were such a thing as an Internet search button.

Oh Wait.

News Comments > More Ubisoft Versus Vivendi
8. Re: More Ubisoft Versus Vivendi Mar 24, 2016, 12:30 CJ_Parker

The Division and Rainbow Six Siege as well as AC Unity are the very antitheses of "creativity" and "talent". You don't have to get turned down or be "cunty" to see that. You just need open eyes and a modicum of good gaming taste.  

News Comments > More Ubisoft Versus Vivendi
2. Re: More Ubisoft Versus Vivendi Mar 24, 2016, 10:33 CJ_Parker

Wouldn't a "talent exodus" require... yeah you can fill in the rest  

News Comments > Zombasite Demo
1. Re: Zombasite Demo Mar 23, 2016, 20:54 CJ_Parker

Fuck the retarded zombie fad. Will it never end? *sigh*  

News Comments > GOG.com Insomnia Sale
4. Re: GOG.com Insomnia Sale Mar 21, 2016, 21:42 CJ_Parker

Acleacius wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 21:25:
Yeah, this is GOG's worst sale ever.

This a repeat. They've had quite a few insomnia sales in the past with the exact same MO.

Doesn't mean I like it. Just pointing out that it's not worse than the ones they've done before.

Regarding Steam I kind of disagree. Flash sales were 8h affairs and in later sales 12h or even 24h IIRC. The sweet spot is 12h in my opinion. That should give anyone except for those on a long ass intercontinental flight, an Amazon rainforest excursion or a top secret military undercover assignment in the Himalaya region a decent chance to check out each 12h period sales. And if you miss it... tough luck. You'll live.

But it's typical for the sense of entitlement of the modern gamer. They want it all and right now. It's only a matter of time until Steam implements an option for auto-unlocking achievements and stuff like that. Look at the popularity of let's plays. Most people are too lazy to even play themselves anymore. Also just a matter of time until Steam merges broadcast and gaming so you can choose to let someone else play and finish a game for you while you watch and jack off.

All of these are impeccable foresights. Don't even try questioning them. It. Will. Happen.

3329 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo