Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3817 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
56. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 22:09 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 21:14:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 20:46:
It would help if some of y'all would actually read the damn letter instead of producing uneducated drivel. The letter specifically says...

So for Star Citizen Alpha 2.6 we’re going to share our internal schedule and its breakouts on a weekly basis.

Very simple, no rocket surgery. The schedule they are sharing is solely about PU alpha version 2.6, i.e. it is not about the entire project, not about Squadron 42 and not about when Christ Roberts is getting his hair dyed again or when Sandi Gardiner is going to get a boob job. Capisce?

Thanks for mentioning that... but who cares about the PTU 2.6 somewhen in December though when SQ42 was supposed to release this month and a final EP1 was supposed to be showcased at citizencon, but wasn't? And yes, the letter clearly talks about the PTU, but the schedule report pages does talk about Squadron 42... only to then quickly not ever mention it again ;p

I agree with you that it is kind of sad (but also expected and telling) how S42 is getting swept under the rug.

But for clarification: They never promised that S42 would be out this month. They only ever mentioned "2016" in that teaser trailer from last year but no specific month. At CitizenCon in October it was confirmed that it won't be out this year.

Also, what they originally wanted to show at CitizenCon was not an entire episode but just a single mission (although one episode comprises approximately two missions so it's at least half an episode, yeah).
They made it sound as if the mission demo just barely did not make it and that it would be shown "soon" but -as expected- more than a month has passed since then with no sign of that single mission demo. So far, it wasn't part of the anniversary streams either. Maybe x-mas?

It's definitely really shitty of them to not even provide a status update but there is an anniversary sale going on so they have much better things to do right now...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 20:46 CJ_Parker

It would help if some of y'all would actually read the damn letter instead of producing uneducated drivel. The letter specifically says...

So for Star Citizen Alpha 2.6 we’re going to share our internal schedule and its breakouts on a weekly basis.

Very simple, no rocket surgery. The schedule they are sharing is solely about PU alpha version 2.6, i.e. it is not about the entire project, not about Squadron 42 and not about when Christ Roberts is getting his hair dyed again or when Sandi Gardiner is going to get a boob job. Capisce?

14. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 13:00 CJ_Parker

That schedule crap is a response to a growing part of the fanbase becoming ever more impatient. The hardcore fantard cultists are still defending everything to the death, of course, but even the regular core fans were now -finally- getting pretty fucking annoyed with the lack of progress this year.
See here for a recent thread (which was closed, of course, since you can not have criticism in Roberts land).

The CitizenCon no-show of Squadron 42 was quite a downer for many. Many also found it disappointing that Star Marine still hasn't come out. Remember: it was originally promised for an early 2015 release and in August 2015 it was supposedly only "weeks away, not months" according to the devs.
It is now supposedly getting closer for real but as we can see from the livestream it's apparently also way less tactical than originally promised. The promise was Rainbow Six/ArmA tactical depth and slow gameplay. The reality is it's CoD/BF/Crysis.
It has also become very obvious that 3.0, which many of the cultist sheeple got hyped up for real bad, is not going to happen this year.

As a result of all of these failures to deliver, even the dumbest of the dumb cows are now finally starting to see through the bait and switch scheme, where there is this huge gaping discrepancy between all the flashy trailers'n'demos and the actual delivery.

CIG are simply trying to buy time with the schedule transparency. It will have to remain to be seen whether they will really update it regularly or if it is a one trick pony for maximizing money intake from the impending anniversary sale next week.

Going by their incredibly shitty track record, it is probably the latter. They can not even keep their ships stats page updated on a current basis in spite of the fact that they have a so called "director of spaceships" on the team and dozens of people whose only job it is to coordinate the exchange of ships assets and info between the various studios.

The result: Abysmally outdated ship stats cuz it's apparently too hard for a team of 370 people to maintain a single central Excel sheet of stats.

Why should the schedule crap end up being different? It's obviously just an attempt to restore a little faith right before the big sale next week. The only thing that is transparent about it is the cheapness of the move.

News Comments > Genital Jousting Early Access
18. Re: Genital Jousting Early Access Nov 18, 2016, 14:03 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 00:13:
I like big floppy penises as much as the next guy...

Why am I not surprised?

News Comments > Genital Jousting Early Access
2. Re: Genital Jousting Early Access Nov 17, 2016, 21:10 CJ_Parker

Now this shit is my kinda game. Insta-buy!!!!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
73. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 17:50 CJ_Parker

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 17:32:
Grow up. It is called democracy. It has worked better than any place else in the world for over 200 years.

Oh has it now? What about the civil war, the holocaust of the native population, the slavery, the racial segregation, the great depression?
Are there shittier places in the world? Yes. But saying it has worked "better than any place else in the world" is a HUGE stretch.
But I'm not surprised since the "world" for most Americans still ends at the Atlantic (E), Pacific (W), Canada (N) and Mexico (S).

News Comments > New Metro Game Plans?
7. Re: New Metro Game Plans? Nov 9, 2016, 14:27 CJ_Parker

Yeppers. They can go fuck themselves. Same as with the lame-ass Deus Ex Human Revolution "Director's Cut". I'm not touching either franchise until I can have those games (i.e. their redux or DC editions) for pennies on sale. If that.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer
3. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 14:23 CJ_Parker

Friday is the traditional launch day in EU. But I'm sure Donald will change this back to Tuesday ASAP to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 14:10 CJ_Parker

BWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

Take that bitches! The trolls always win!

News Comments > Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts?
1. Re: Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts? Nov 8, 2016, 10:37 CJ_Parker

Yep, Phil, the MS Store is definitely about to become a true Steam killer. Your company's incredible commitment to PC gaming is overwhelming. Any day now. Any day. It is sooo exciting to be a part of it and to be allowed to be a witness of this monumental, historical shift in time. Absolutely epic.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 7, 2016, 18:26 CJ_Parker

SirKnight wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 17:54:
Rhialto wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 12:42:
How sad from nvidia... this suck with no OPT out option!

Nevermind for now, I sill use last year drivers.

Yeah it's so incredibly sad I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight. Oh how my life is destroyed now....

But never-mind this only applies to GeForce Experience and is not there if you install just drivers on their own.

I only have the latest pure drivers + PhysX installed and still had that shit on my PC so this is not true.
The article is also crap because that shit can not just have been in the "latest" drivers. The date on my PC says it was added on Oct 12. The latest drivers are dated Oct 28.
Fuck all of this inaccurate reporting FUD shit.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 6, 2016, 15:09 CJ_Parker

Shok wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 14:41:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 13:10:
LOL MS

http://tinyurl.com/zwpaunh

I will never understand why M$ is so inept when it comes to PC gaming. Jesus.

cuz shitbox

News Comments > Forza Horizon 3 Demo
4. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Demo Nov 4, 2016, 12:39 CJ_Parker

lol@MicrosoftStore  

News Comments > EA Financials
11. Re: EA Financials Nov 2, 2016, 08:56 CJ_Parker

NetHead wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 22:28:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 21:23:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 20:34:
This quarter got a big boost from Myanmarians buying their games back.

Who are we supposed to hate again, is it steam, ea or origin?

lol well said, you need to add blizzard, ubisoft, and umm I'm sure im missing, loads of people around here hate them too

-edit- OH I KNOW I KNOW!! CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES!!!! HAHAHA I WIN!!!@!!!1111

Whoa there sparky, let's wait for them to actually release a game before adding them to such lists.

No need to wait. Those CIG fucks already have a criminal record of lies and fraud that easily defeats 30 years of EA. Gogeddum!!!11

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming
5. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 11:12 CJ_Parker

Siygess wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 11:01:
I can't believe this game STILL doesn't natively support 21:9

Welp. People who look like E.T. or Admiral Ackbar are luckily still a minority. But maybe if y'all keep propagating then future games will support your species more frequently so get to it!

News Comments > Evening Patches
10. Re: Evening Patches Oct 29, 2016, 20:18 CJ_Parker

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 14:18:
Some kids in my neighborhood have a fresh squeezed lemonade stand, but since I have an imaginary beef with Minute-Maid I refuse to purchase any citrus juice products.

Black Mesa (Crowbar Collective) is not affiliated with Valve. But keep up the boycott, that will show em.

They are affiliated with Valve in so far as buying the game would equal expressing an interest in the HL franchise and also because Valve would get a 30% cut if I bought their overpriced half-assed piece of shit mod.
So, yeah, I will in fact keep boycotting them and hope they go out of business and fuck off.

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming
24. Re: Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming Oct 29, 2016, 20:14 CJ_Parker

I don't really give a shit about this. Uninstalled the store immediately after upgrading and will never use it.
But this definitely sounds like typical MS customer friendliness.

"Why treat the PC customer with respect if you can treat them like shit?"

- Phil "Tardface" Spencer

News Comments > Evening Patches
6. Re: Evening Patches Oct 29, 2016, 13:32 CJ_Parker

wtf_man wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 11:58:
Not getting a dime out of me until they finish Xen, then I will be happy to pay full price.

This bullshit has gone on way too long for an unfinished re-creation, it's been over 4 years since the "mod release" (September 2012). They also have the gaul to charge money without regular updates on Xen status (which I would expect for paying for early access.), and work on / release other things besides Xen.

Finish the fucking game before you charge. Or at least post regular update status for "early access". Not gonna spend money on something that should have been completed long ago on the hope I get the rest of the game in 10 years.

+1

But I will go even further than that. No money for *anything* HL-related from me until Gabe shows some respect to the fans and at least posts an update on the future of the franchise or releases episode 3 (yes, episode 3... I don't even expect HL3 until we get the final episode or a reasonable update explaining why there will be no episode 3). Until then Valve, Gabe and the HL franchise can go and fuck themselves hard.

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Preloads
13. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Preloads Oct 26, 2016, 04:10 CJ_Parker

Quinn wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 01:28:
Preloading Skyrim in late 2016. Hilarious xD

Strangely excited...

Squirmer wrote on Oct 25, 2016, 23:29:
So is this an entirely separate installation? In which case save games won't carry over?

Who cares?! I can't imagine anyone not starting a reroll with this release ^^
When I couldn't sleep 2 nights ago, I fantasized about what class/race to roll this time.

Dude, what??? You fantasize about rolling classes and races in Skyrim when you can't sleep? Instead of, you know, how Salma Hayek climbs on top of you and...

Sheesh. No wonder you couldn't sleep...

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly
22. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Oct 22, 2016, 07:14 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 06:39:
... as right now the 2.5 release is pretty shoddy.

What? When did that happen? I thought you were enjoying the fuck out of the game and it already had more content than many other AAA games at release?

3817 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo