Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4019 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 16, 2017, 22:30 CJ_Parker

Thank you to everyone in our community for being the passionate fans that you are.

Translation: Fuck you, too, assholes!

Our goal has always been to create the best possible game for all of you

Translation: Our goal has always been to milk the living fuck out of all of you.

... devoted Star Wars fans and game players alike

Translation: YES. REALLY ALL OF YOU FUCKERS!

We’ve also had an ongoing commitment to constantly listen, tune and evolve the experience as it grows. You’ve seen this with both the major adjustments, and polish, we have made over the past several weeks.

Translation: We were hoping to get away with ripping you off to the max but we always had backup plans in our drawers to dial the milking down a tad little in case you idiots would complain too vocally.

But as we approach the worldwide launch, it's clear that many of you feel there are still challenges in the design. We’ve heard the concerns about potentially giving players unfair advantages. And we’ve heard that this is overshadowing an otherwise great game. This was never our intention. Sorry we didn’t get this right.

Translation: The preorder numbers sucked so hard that you assholes forced our hand in this. We're only sorry about our bottom line.

We hear you loud and clear, so we’re turning off all in-game purchases. We will now spend more time listening, adjusting, balancing and tuning. This means that the option to purchase crystals in the game is now offline, and all progression will be earned through gameplay. The ability to purchase crystals in-game will become available at a later date, only after we’ve made changes to the game. We’ll share more details as we work through this.

Translation: Yes, the preorders were really that fucking terribad that we are now pulling all the stops.

We have created a game that is built on your input, and it will continue to evolve and grow. Star Wars Battlefront II is three times the size of the previous game, bringing to life a brand new Star Wars story, space battles, epic new multiplayer experiences across all three Star Wars eras, with more free content to come. We want you to enjoy it, so please keep your thoughts coming. And we will keep you updated on our progress.

Translation: Dial down your expectations for any free content now that we can not have our cash shop. The next SWBF will be shrunk to be the same size as part one. If we can not have our precious cash shop in spite of all the hard work then you guys will have to deal with less game *pout*.

P.S.: Good move but I still ain't buying this shit until it sells for less than $10 (five hour campaign is not worth more to me, sorry).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Content Detailed
2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Content Detailed Nov 16, 2017, 15:11 CJ_Parker

Where is the free loot box removal content? They can shove this fucker until the GOTY sells for $4.99. Max.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned
9. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 15:09 CJ_Parker

MrGrosser wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 14:13:
I only can say that I've done the beta for PvP.. and it was something this game never really needed and it's not something the game does well.
It's very much like For Honor PvP, and you can see how many people are playing that. October's average was just under 1200 people.

Thou shalt not question Ubi's decision to test the loot box waters.

Seriously tho... couldn't give less of a fuck about PvP either. I'm soloing and PvEing this bitch all the way and it is quite fun but also quite frustrating sometimes due to controls issues or actually too good AI (dudes with submachine guns hitting ya right in the nut sack from 300 yards away in the middle of the night while you are in cover with nary any nut sack even sticking out in the first place). On the other hand: Better AI is better than shitty AI so...

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
3. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 15, 2017, 20:37 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 19:36:
Anyone notice any difference in Battlefront? It was already running pretty well, wondering if I can start cranking up the resolution to supersampling levels now.

I think (hope) no one else here but you was retarded enough to support that POS game with a purchase.

However, I checked the GeForce forums for issues with this driver and several folks reported decreased performance in SWBF2.

It also seems to have a general green screen flickering issue regardless of what game is played.

I'm going to stay on 387.92 until they fix the 388.xx branch issues.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
11. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 18:54 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 10:15:
I really wish CDPR would stop making these grandiose claims. Witcher 3 was already fucking amazing. There are plenty of people who consider it the best RPG of all time, if not the best game of all time outright. They're putting such absurd pressure on themselves to outdo themselves, and if you saw that six part documentary about the Witcher 3 (very much recommended), you can see what a strain it was for them to do the Witcher 3 in the first place.

They're going to kill themselves for no good reason. People will be just fine if you make something AS good as the Witcher 3 in a Cyberpunk setting. Shit, most people will shit their pants for something that good.

CD Projekt RED is aiming for better sales this time around and hopes Cyberpunk 2077 will be a bigger beast when it comes to commercial success. "The Witcher is an unquestionably very good game--a great success in commercial terms. We are very happy but it's still far from the world records. Individual games can sell much much better. With this in mind, creating the phenomenal Cyberpunk we hope to do even better with this title than we already did with The Witcher 3," he said.

I mean, Jesus Christ, fellas... The world records? What, you're expecting this to sell 80 million copies a la GTA5? Or 100 million+??

Stop setting yourselves up for failure.

^ + a couple billion and another trillion on top

Their chest-pounding actually has the adverse effect on me as it is making me more skeptical about the game.

I am actually quite wary of a bigger game than TW3 which was already huge. A major difference here is that, at least to my understanding, Cyberpunk is this sprawling cityscape right? Like Deus Ex in REALLY FUCKING BIG?

If so then count me out. I love a huge open fantasy world with nice landscapes, forests, lakes, mountains and some "nothing" in between but a gigantic city that will feel like a freaking maze once you have taken your first steps is not my cup of tea.
I already hate big cities in fantasy RPGs. If the whole Cyberpunk game is one big super-ginormous city then fuck off (unless it's done like in the Batman games and you can get around by flying and grappling).

Anyway, their constant striving for new superlatives in terms of size and scope is starting to get on my nerves. Be careful, CDP. There is a breaking point, both with regard to the size and scope of a game as well as the boasting PR efforts.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2017, 18:33 CJ_Parker

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 10:03:
I am upgrading in February (maybe, depending on if any information about Ryzen 2 is forthcoming) solely because I want more cores at a non-Intel-anally-rapes-you price.

Ryzen 2 is coming in the first quarter of 2019 at the earliest. What you mean is Ryzen+.

News Comments > Play Rainbow Six Siege for Free This Weekend
3. Re: Play Rainbow Six Siege for Free This Weekend Nov 15, 2017, 18:24 CJ_Parker

Biggest pile of garbage in the formerly glorious (Rogue Spear FTW!) Rainbow Six franchise.  

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 14, 2017, 22:43 CJ_Parker

Most likely yes.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus DLC Roadmap
8. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus DLC Roadmap Nov 14, 2017, 22:40 CJ_Parker

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 11:09:
So sometime mid next year we can hope for the complete game finally, and at a price more reasonable, eh? I really wish publishers would stop forcing devs to do this shit. They're butchering what could be masterpieces by piecemealing them out in order to gain more profits. Fucking retarded. I'm about to stop buying all games altogether while they're new. Except for CDPR games, probably. They're about all that's left.

^ 999% agree with the exception that I stopped buying new games several years ago already. It's as simple as GOTY or GTFO. They can piss off with their piecemeal garbage deliveries. Fuck that shit.

I'm forced to pirate Wolfenstein II for the uncensored version and will wait to do so until post-March. You can't even steal a game on release anymore. Pathetic!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2017, 22:32 CJ_Parker

NoScript web extension version should have been out today but there were last minute issues. The dev said it will come out at the end of this week now. Until then uBlock Origin is going to have to do but I'll grab NoScript instantly when the 57.x version goes live later this week.  

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 14, 2017, 22:16 CJ_Parker

Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 21:05:
silicon costs continue to soar

Is that why RAM is so damn expensive? Every time I check it seems to have gone up in price again.

No, dude. RAM prices are going up because of the high demand for NAND flash memory (phones, tablets and shit). This affects RAM prices because the memory makers have downscaled DRAM production in favor of NAND production while demand for DRAM has risen especially in the professional sector (datacenters and all that crap).

As far as RAM is concerned, this is a healthy recovery though. It was nice for consumers, of course, to be able to buy RAM at prices below cost but some of the memory makers suffered big time from the slump. The prices have returned to (a little above maybe) normal now where the DRAM makers can actually make a healthy profit again.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Eased
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Eased Nov 13, 2017, 20:15 CJ_Parker

Fuck them. This piece of shit still has microtransactions and loot boxes so no one with more brain than an amoeba should even think about supporting this shitfest.  

News Comments > The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Expansion Released
2. Re: The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Expansion Released Nov 10, 2017, 18:57 CJ_Parker

Meeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooowwwwwwwwooooooooooffffff  

News Comments > Painkiller and Painkiller: Battle out of Hell No Longer on German Index
8. Re: Painkiller and Painkiller: Battle out of Hell No Longer on German Index Nov 10, 2017, 17:51 CJ_Parker

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 17:11:
So what I understand by the replies is you could have purchased a physical copy of Painkiller on release using an 18+ ID?

Yep. Or import a UK/US copy in case a German version is censored. This is one of the disadvantages of the digital age. The dreaded region lock for games that are bound to Steam sucks ass.
Back in the day you could easily get legal(!) disk copies (illegal never was a problem anyway ofc) of indexed games or even enter the key of an import version on Steam (Steam language had to be set to English for most games in such cases) to get access to the uncensored version.

At some point Valve made this impossible via region locking. Apparently it was easier to implement a region lock system than to make a simple age verification system in all these years.

Of course the region lock was implemented at the request of publishers while the age verification system would be for (mostly German/Aussie etc.) customers and we all know how much of a shit Valve gives about their customers.
It's one of the many things they never got around to for improving their ancient piece of shit client.

News Comments > Obsidian Tease
15. Re: Obsidian Tease Nov 9, 2017, 15:23 CJ_Parker

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 14:30:
It just means "our future is uncertain. Maybe we'll go out of business tomorrow. NOBODY KNOWS! Ian't life exciting? :D"

Wouldn't be too surprising as they have proven time and again that they are simply incapable of delivering a quality product on time (key words here quality and on time... I've enjoyed a few games from that list but only after years of patching).

So, once you are done proving to every publisher how incompetent you are then all that is left is '???'

News Comments > GOG Revives Three Sierra Classics
12. Re: GOG Revives Three Sierra Classics Nov 9, 2017, 09:55 CJ_Parker

Optimaximal wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 04:40:
Future Shock

I asked the Bethesda EU PR Manager whether he can look into getting Future Shock and Skynet (and possibly the earlier releases) up on GOG or whether they're tied up in licensing hell. He said he'd look into it with Todd Howard.

Well, let's hope it is not the same "look into" as that Microsoft product manager chick who posted in the Freelancer thread about five years ago that she would "look into" forwarding the Freelancer/Starlancer request to someone higher up Wink .

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2017, 10:08.

9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 9, 2017, 02:40 CJ_Parker

Never say never but I very much doubt that Intel has any interest to enter the consumer dGPU market. They could have done this a looong time ago (remember project Larrabee?) and decided not to.

What they are after is certainly the advanced AI, automotive, datacenter market to compete with AMD and nVidia for multi-billion $$$ deals.

I'll be surprised if they really do a consumer dGPU. They'd have to compete with AMD and nVidia which would inevitably lead to price wars and relatively low margins.

As the new kid on the block they would be facing massive up front investments to get board partners umm... on board and to build up the whole retail infrastructure, marketing, all that crap.
And for what? Very little gain. The desktop PC market is still in decline at a small rate instead of growing.

Nope. A third competitor in dGPUs would be great for us consumers but it does not seem very realistic. This Intel move is definitely about wrestling with AMD and nVidia in the professional sector.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Speculation
8. Re: Command & Conquer Speculation Nov 8, 2017, 21:00 CJ_Parker

You mean that F2P browser game? That one is still going actually:

https://www.tiberiumalliances.com/

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 8, 2017, 20:21 CJ_Parker

Deckard Cain in Overwatch. Anything goes for the mighty $$$ in Blizztard land.  

News Comments > GOG Revives Three Sierra Classics
4. Re: GOG Revives Three Sierra Classics Nov 8, 2017, 20:15 CJ_Parker

Acleacius wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 19:54:
Damn, besides the obvious games like NOLF & NOLF 2, I've been hoping for a couple of lesser known games:
Drakan Order of the Flame

Drakan "lesser known"? Que el fucko?!?

That game was bundled with just about every single graphics card on the market for a year or two back in the day and given away for free on magazine CDs/DVDs about a billion times.

Seriously, in Y2K it probably would have been harder to find a single PC owner who did NOT own a copy of Drakan (or at least heard of it) than the other way around.

4019 Comments. 201 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo