Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4610 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
1. Re: Ubisoft Financials Oct 30, 2018, 20:52 CJ_Parker

lol @ ShitBox

While the quarterly (Q2) PS4 revenue went up a whopping +13% YoY, the PC and ShitBox only managed a very moderate +2%. For the first half of the year the PS4 reached +5%, PC +4% and ShitBox only +1% YoY.

Mwwaaaahahahahahahahaha.

That's what you get for SUCKING, Mickeysoft. Eat that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Financials
1. Re: EA Financials Oct 30, 2018, 20:46 CJ_Parker

Haha income for PC is down 24% YoY (while conslows were up 54%) and the PC now only makes up for about 11% of their total revenue. Looks like their subscription service was a HUGE smashing success story so far. Good job, EA!  

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Video
7. Re: Anthem Gameplay Video Oct 29, 2018, 00:14 CJ_Parker

bigspender wrote on Oct 28, 2018, 17:36:
This looks completely soul less.

Yep. They haven't even tried to hide the fact that they are not making a game but a monetization vehicle.

They need to try a little harder to hide the cold, harsh truth behind at least some minor hints of good gameplay and/or a decent narrative.

I'm not seeing anything of quality in this shit trailer except for the visuals. Everything else is bland and lame. Just another multiplayer grinder for the MTX monie$.

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds Game Currency Ship Purchases
11. Re: Star Citizen Adds Game Currency Ship Purchases Oct 26, 2018, 07:27 CJ_Parker

NicklePop wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 23:49:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 22:01:
NicklePop wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 19:10:
This game will blows minds. Might not be until 2020, but it is coming.

2020? You are beyond optimistic, my friend. Try 2040+

Truly, 2020, you'll see -- it's pretty close with 3.3, coming together.

Just need the systems they will release in 2019, and a "we won't wipe the server and your ships / money / gear" late beta and people will flock.

Guessing summer/fall 2020

^ lol @ cultist

The likes of you are always funny. I remember when you guys said, like in 2013, that a 2015 release as promised by Roberts wouldn't be a problem at all. Back then they "just" needed to get the systems running and the content pipeline going and then the content was going to basically produce itself.

The same argument keeps coming back again and again as we can see from your post. Recently procedural generation was the holy grail of the SC cultists like "oh yeah when they get proc gen running then the game will be done in no time". Well, yeah... almost.

But, hey, keep believing in your great shepherd Mr. Christ Roberts. Oh yes. He will make it all come together with 3.3... or maybe with 3.5 or maybe 5.3 or maybe 8.6 or maybe 12.4 but it will happen. I mean, they "just" need to make the whole game is all they have to do. It's easy!

News Comments > Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows
16. Re: Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows Oct 25, 2018, 19:54 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 18:46:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 18:39:
Oh how I wish they would simply FUCK OFF with their Xbox shit from PCs. At least have the decency to call it DirectX Gaming Pass or Windows Gaming Pass or Microsoft Gaming Pass but Xbox Gaming Pass on PC is another huge kick in the nuts of PC gamers. Fucking dipshits.

I get your point, but GFWL sucked (no xbox in the name) and I just don't want to be so superficial that a name makes a difference in a case like this. I just want their services to work if I choose to use it, really nothing more.

Nah dude. With Microsoft and Xbox we're talking WARFARE!

And they started it. They started it by trying to force PC gamers into the living room because they had this grand vision that the Xbox would become a centralized multimedia station in every household for all entertainment needs.

They actively tried to force PC gamers to buy Xboxes, they backstabbed PC gamers many times, and when they realized that their devious plan to annihilate the PC as a gaming device did not work out, while Steam got bigger and bigger, they helplessly flailed about with their half-assed GFW(L) crap.

At the same time they completely lost any direction or any vision for PC gaming. It took many years until we finally moved from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11 and then DirectX 12.
Microsoft simply did not give a fuck. They hated the PC and they hated everyone who refused to move over to the Xbox for their gaming needs.

With Windows 10 they are now pursuing a strategy of Xboxifying the PC as much as possible with their Xbox app crap and the UWP garbage with its super-retarded restrictions.
They still hate the PC but now they are finally getting their way by sneaking the Xbox shit upon us piece by piece.

This Xbox Game Pass is just another piece of the destroy-the-PC-as-a-gaming-device puzzle. They obviously seek to assimilate the PC.

Watch them release a new DirectX version in a couple of years with no more legacy DirectInput support but only support for Microsoft Xbox controllers. Something shitty like that is bound to happen.

They are only dropping the small bricks at the moment to make us get used to raining bricks but then one day... they're gonna drop the monster turd brick to fulfill their fantasy of a pure Xbox gaming world.

News Comments > Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows
13. Re: Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows Oct 25, 2018, 18:39 CJ_Parker

Oh how I wish they would simply FUCK OFF with their Xbox shit from PCs. At least have the decency to call it DirectX Gaming Pass or Windows Gaming Pass or Microsoft Gaming Pass but Xbox Gaming Pass on PC is another huge kick in the nuts of PC gamers. Fucking dipshits.  

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month
26. Re: HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month Oct 24, 2018, 16:54 CJ_Parker

Slashman wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 16:27:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 16:10:
If there is one unoriginal casual garbage game that NEVER needed to return then it's gotta be this unimaginative piece of shit. But as a multiplayer grinder it's a perfect vehicle for MTX so I guess that's why they decided to revive this fucker. It fits perfectly into the current endless stream of multiplayer grinders GaaS crapshit garbage...

Yeah except that this one is single player only...

Oooops errr... OK... *flamethrower recalibration processing*...

... ahem, well, that makes it even worse then. How can you take such an unimaginative, unoriginal, trite, banal premise and setting with stupid randomized everything for a single player action RPG after games like The Witcher series? Fuck this trash dump poor man's Diablo clone.

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month
20. Re: HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month Oct 24, 2018, 16:10 CJ_Parker

If there is one unoriginal casual garbage game that NEVER needed to return then it's gotta be this unimaginative piece of shit. But as a multiplayer grinder it's a perfect vehicle for MTX so I guess that's why they decided to revive this fucker. It fits perfectly into the current endless stream of multiplayer grinders GaaS crapshit garbage...  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online: Murkmire Released
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Murkmire Released Oct 23, 2018, 12:20 CJ_Parker

NKD wrote on Oct 23, 2018, 12:07:
I saw a mudcrab the other day.

ORLY?!?!?

News Comments > Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Launches
2. Re: Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Launches Oct 23, 2018, 12:19 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 23, 2018, 12:11:
I can't wait to play it. Have it preloaded.
Work will be long today

Well, you could always start feeling a tad bit uneasy all of a sudden...

It wouldn't even be a lie. I mean, gaming withdrawal is serious psychological stress. Iz seriaz bizniz!

News Comments > Fallout 76 Beta Promises "Spectacular Issues"
12. Re: Fallout 76 Beta Promises Oct 23, 2018, 12:15 CJ_Parker

VaranDragon wrote on Oct 23, 2018, 11:55:
I don't think there is a market for multiplayer survival games where survival is extremely easy and any kind of multiplayer interaction is completely avoidable.

^ TESO is almost exactly like that (minus the survival) and it seems to be doing pretty well due to its casual exploration appeal so F76 definitely has a chance to make the Zenimax group some good money, too.

Sure, it ain't no WoW killer and it's not going to be a Fortnite or PUBG either but it'll probably still sell decent enough while maintaining a core base that will keep it alive with MTX and DLC purchases. Just like TESO.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving EA
1. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving EA Oct 22, 2018, 20:02 CJ_Parker

WTF is up with EA??? They squandered a perfect monetization opportunity here: A live broadcast of Raymond vs. Ryan mud wrestling over the new position, followed up by a Raymond vs. Ryan mud wrestling conslow video game with MTX like skimpy outfits, different kinds of mud, a wet t-shirt contest DLC and so on...

News Comments > Rift 2 Cancelled?
1. Re: Rift 2 Cancelled? Oct 22, 2018, 19:54 CJ_Parker

No, no, no guys. VR is REALLY gonna make it BIG this time! Aaaarrrggghh. You fucking stupid haters who don't like new technology!! VR is TEH FJUTSHA!!!111  

News Comments > Artifact Beta Delayed
4. Re: Artifact Beta Delayed Oct 22, 2018, 18:15 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 13:51:
A 10 day beta test for a CARD game that is solely played in MP where hundreds of thousands of interactions need to be checked?

Good luck with that Valve. TES:L SparkyPants didn't manage a bug-free experience in a whole month of active game.

Wait, you think they give a fuck?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No. Wait. Lemme laugh even hardah.

HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

News Comments > PC RDR2 Listing Follow-up
14. Re: PC RDR2 Listing Follow-up Oct 22, 2018, 18:13 CJ_Parker

Turd Ferguson wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 10:28:
Meh...I just don't care anymore, as far as I'm concerned Rockstar can suck a lemon .

Lemon???

Those PC-hating shitcocks can suck my 3XL salami until they are deep purple in the face from hypoxia.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Oct 22, 2018, 03:29 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Oct 21, 2018, 17:23:
Sad. There's always Ubisoft, I guess.

You mean the UbiSoft whose CEO has declared a "keep playing, keep paying" focus of their games?

Granted, the "keep playing, keep paying" is Ars Technica's spin on what UbiSoft has said but that is exactly what it boils down to.

Their games are not as huge because they want to offer value. Their games are intentionally huge to artificially prolong play time so gamers are more likely to buy DLC, MTX, season passes and all that garbage.

The value of Ubi's extras is especially questionable. The value of the first season pass for Ghost Recon Wildlands was abysmal. The second season pass was even FAR below that. It was plain fraud.

With the new model also comes a new focus on the "players' recurring investment" as a major metric for the health of Ubisoft's business. Things like in-game items, DLC, season passes, subscription, and advertising revenue now make up 18 percent of Ubisoft's revenue, the company says, compared to 38 or 39 percent for the likes of EA and Activision. Raising this ratio "has the potential to deliver prodigious value for our shareholders," Guillemot writes in the annual report.

With these kinds of numbers, it's not hard to see why Ubisoft would shift its focus almost entirely away from annual single-player adventures and toward online-focused platforms that can be extended with new content indefinitely. Don't be surprised as you see that focus reflected more and more in the big-budget games released by Ubisoft and others going forward

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 21, 2018, 21:19 CJ_Parker

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 21, 2018, 21:12:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 21, 2018, 20:55:
8 F*$ks and 4 Sh1t5

Your score under the Flesch-Kincaid Formula
Grade Level 6.5
Age 11.5

https://www.perrymarshall.com/grade/

Does that mean I get promoted?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 21, 2018, 20:55 CJ_Parker

About MUTHAFUCKIN time, too!

Fucking Microsoft CRAPWARE needs to fuck off yesterday. It was always such a chore to google/use PowerShell commands to uninstall their shit.

My favorite from the early days of Win 10 updates was when those idiots force-installed the "Get Office" CRAP-APP in spite of the presence of a FULL fucking Office installation.
That made some reeeeeeeaaaal hard sense, Microshit. Thank you very much, you shitclowns!

Now, I would almost (ALMOST) be in fucking heaven if they would elevate this shit to the next level where, before you install an update, you can click 'advanced setup' (you know, like we were able to do in Windows-fucking-95 from 20+ YEARS ago!) and actually PICK and CHOOSE (you know, as in respecting consumer choice!) which CRAPWARE we do or do not want on OUR storage devices that WE have paid good money for.

Fuck Microsoft! 20+ years later and we're still moving in circles or have gone back to before square one on some things. Those incompetent FUCKSTICKS!

News Comments > Intel i9 9900K CPU Reviews
24. Re: Intel i9 9900K CPU Reviews Oct 20, 2018, 13:57 CJ_Parker

Pigeon wrote on Oct 20, 2018, 13:18:
adding an m.2 drive and new copy of windows onto the CPU/MB/RAM

Not sure if I misundastoodz something here but you don't need a new copy of Windows (10). If you are using Windows 10 with a local account then right before upgrading just create a Microsoft account or change your account settings to log in with your existing MS account. That way you will bind your Windows copy to your MS account.

Then upgrade your hardware and when reinstalling Windows log in with the same account to bind your new hardware to your existing Windows license.

You can go back to using a local account afterwards. In typical MS fashion I got error messages on the 'Activation' tab under 'Update and Security' in 'Settings' the last time I did this but those went away with one of the ensuing Windows updates.

News Comments > Intel i9 9900K CPU Reviews
21. Re: Intel i9 9900K CPU Reviews Oct 20, 2018, 12:41 CJ_Parker

Luke wrote on Oct 20, 2018, 05:41:
And here we go whining about the high price while Nvidia cards 2080 is bought without any....ahh forget it

Well, you can't really compare the two. nVidia just decided to release the RTX 2080(Ti) at a pretty high MSRP in take it or leave it fashion.

Intel OTOH is suffering from supply issues so the prices are out of whack mostly not because of Intel but because of the whole retail chain mark-up of prices.

From the prices I have seen in this thread, you guys overseas seem to still have it pretty good. The prices in EU are full retard.
The 8700K which used to sell at prices just over 300 went all the way up to an out of this world 480 in the last few weeks.
It has come back down a little bit this week and reputable stores are now selling it just under 450 which is still insane.

Likewise, the 8600K used to sell for just over 200 and it broke through the 300 barrier in recent weeks. It has come down slightly to about 290 right now.

The 9900K's first "cheapest" listing was 599 (first two days) and for the past nine days it's been sitting at 699. No stock, no availability, of course.

The 9900K doesn't have an official MSRP in EU. It's $488 to $499 in the US but Intel has not issued a recommended retail price in Euro.
If we compare it to the 8700K and its "normal" price which was around 320 while the MSRPP in US was 359 then the 9900K should be selling at around 430 and not seven-fucking-hundred eurobucks.

4610 Comments. 231 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo