Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3926 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > AMD Ryzen Reviews
42. Re: AMD Ryzen Reviews Mar 2, 2017, 16:36 CJ_Parker

NewMaxx wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 14:57:
Still, Ryzen is the best for a budget creator...

Dude, why hold back? Just tell it like it is. What you really mean is an AMD PEASANT!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Multiplayer Beta Cancelled
5. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Multiplayer Beta Cancelled Mar 2, 2017, 10:43 CJ_Parker

It's probably just buggy and laggy as fuck as usual for EA multiplayer titles. If they were afraid of bad publicity due to banal content then they would probably rather cancel the sp demo, right?
Nah. They are probably just afraid that their servers won't manage the onslaught of a million fanbois and their glorious game launch will be drowned out in a million "waaaaahhhhh mommeheeeehhhh" cries.

News Comments > AMD Ryzen Reviews
4. Re: AMD Ryzen Reviews Mar 2, 2017, 10:28 CJ_Parker

Darks wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 10:09:
And that's why myself and most other gamers stick with what works. Intel!!

Thanks AMD for at least keeping Intel Honest, that's what really counts and I do hope they make a good comeback.

Well said. Congrats to everyone who is "playing" multithreaded apps. Ryzen is a very serious competitor if you are into that.
But for gaming there is zero reason to make a switch to this gen of Ryzen.

It seems to require some more time in the oven as well. I've read a review where the Asus board was +10% faster than the MSI due to some BIOS shenanigans. And DDR4-RAM support i.e. especially of the faster OC modules like DDR4-3000+ appears to be wonky to nonexistent.

But it seems like AMD is on the right track. Maybe with a bit more time and tuning they can also turn Ryzen into a viable gaming platform.
I own a 4790K and have absolutely no need to upgrade (it's only 10% slower than a 7700K on average) but I'm looking forward to the duel between 2nd gen Ryzen and Intel 10nm Cannonlake next year.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month
51. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month Mar 1, 2017, 19:05 CJ_Parker

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 16:04:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 15:35:

A lot of this is down to the quality of the panel. Cheaper monitors will have lower picture quality. The technology used in the panel will have an impact as well. IPS is okay for speed, but image quality suffers, especially at angles, when compared to something like VA. It's not all about the resolution and PPI. You're also asking for trouble using a scaled resolution, as a lot of monitors have trouble with that. So, 2k on a 4k display might look like shit compared to even 1080p on the same display, as that translation is a little more 1:1, but still not perfect.

I think you got your terms mixed-up there. IPS has better image quality, VA has higher refresh rate.

I have had numerous IPS and VA panels over the years and they have their pros and cons.

Contrary to what you are saying VA definitely has better image quality. It has better contrast (black is black) and better colors.
IPS displays very often times suffer from IPS glow, ghosting, backlight bleeding and comparatively poor contrast and colors but they usually have better response times in ms (less latency).

Also, while it is true that there are a handful of 200Hz VA displays, I'd say that the difference between 144Hz/165Hz IPS and 200Hz VA is marketing gimmickry at best and the higher refresh rates do not eliminate the latency advantage of IPS, of course.

Personally, I would not touch any of the current 144Hz IPS displays with a 10 foot pole. They all come with the same super-shitty panels from AU Optronics with dead pixels, dust particle enclosures and massive backlight bleeding. The pertinent forums and Amazon reviews are full of complaints over the craptastic quality of these displays.
It's a real shame, too, because I'd really like a decent 144Hz screen but Asus and Acer can shove their overpriced garbage AU panel crap where the sun don't shine.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month
18. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month Mar 1, 2017, 12:25 CJ_Parker

Leper wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 12:16:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 10:29:
I really wish they had skipped this and just jumped into the overdue Volta. I've been sitting on my 3gb GTX580 forever, waiting for a card capable of 4k@60 max settings. This won't be it still. Where the fuck is Volta? >=(

If I were them I'd be sitting on it while milking the more profitable current generation for as long as possible. Anyways, even a Volta card isn't going to be able to achieve 4k@60 max settings for every game since they'll always be games that push the envelope.

That's right. If you look at something like Watch Dawgz 2, well, you don't need a crystal ball to tell that this is a game that will not run at 60fps at 4K fully maxed out on Volta either.
That's why 4K still really doesn't make much sense on regular desktop monitors (except for the LCD makers trying to sell this hyped up TNBG).
TV and large diagonals are a different story but as long as you are in the 27" to 32" territory then 1440p is just as fine looking and it performs leagues better, of course.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Mar 1, 2017, 12:19 CJ_Parker

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 09:42:
What 3 things don't belong in the same sentence.

Analysis, Youtube and In-Depth

The "look" part was right.

I'd expand this to five things. Shtar Shitizen and net code also don't belong in the same sentence. The garbage that the retarded code monkeys at CIG keep burping up can hardly be called "code" in the first place.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video
3. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video Mar 1, 2017, 12:13 CJ_Parker

I can't stand the totally unrealistic, mega-artificial, high gloss look of Frostshite. It just doesn't look like anything in a "real" world or setting. Everything looks super-fake and plastic. It's not "visceral" at all or really giving you a sense of actually being "there". This is exacerbated by the fact that there is zero particle effects. Where are the little swirls of dust when the character lands on the rocky surfaces? Or generally a bit of haze in the air or some fog or anything? Everything just looks sterile, clean and unreal.

DICE need to fucking rewrite this piece of shit to allow more realistic looking games. Get rid of the whole looking at the world through a high gloss pr0n camera lens feeling. It sucking fucks.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Released
38. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Released Mar 1, 2017, 05:04 CJ_Parker

jimnms wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 03:48:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 00:28:
Fuck crowdfunding. Never again...

That's probably best for you since you don't understand the concept.

Oh, I understand it very well...

1) Overpromise
2) Underdeliver
3) Profit$$$

35. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Released Mar 1, 2017, 00:28 CJ_Parker

jimnms wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 19:08:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 13:45:
...but the way they treated their loyal backers (especially of physical CE tiers) was beyond abysmal.

This is news to me. I've backed all of their projects at a physical CE level and I wasn't treated "abysmal."

Oh yes you were!

Backers generally got the short end of the stick due to the extreme delays, massive feature cuts, cancelled localizations etc. but physical CE backers got it extra hard up the a because we were excluded from the first round of beta when they launched the game on Steam early access, i.e. someone who spent $45 then got to play the game immediately while someone who spent $100+ in 2013 had to keep waiting and waiting and waiting...
But the real kicker is that the regular retail physical CE actually comes with more goodies than the so called "backer-exclusive CE" (long thread on inXile forums about this pinnacle of lameness).

That's why I requested a refund because enough is enough. Long ass delays, feature cuts and giving preferential treatment to Johnny come lately regular customers is a bit too much all at once. TToN fell right in line with all the other very disappointing Kickstarter projects like Shtar Shitizen, Pillars of Eternity and Original Sin which also suffered crazy delays and/or massive feature cuts. Fuck crowdfunding. Never again...

22. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Released Feb 28, 2017, 13:45 CJ_Parker

I'm really glad I got a full(!) refund for my physical KS CE so credit to inXile for that very fair move but the way they treated their loyal backers (especially of physical CE tiers) was beyond abysmal.
Anyway, I wasn't exactly blown away by the beta so will pick this up when it's available for $5 one fine day. No rush.

News Comments > Twitch to Sell Games
10. Re: Twitch to Sell Games Feb 27, 2017, 16:40 CJ_Parker

MT Silver wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 16:04:
Jagacademy wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 16:00:
So does this mean streamers will be raving about how awesome games are that suck?
Well yes but what does it matter? It's not like they can edit the footage. If the game sucks, every viewer will see it.

Yup. And you can always watch the stream with the sound off as I always do because I do not want to have to listen to the inane babbling of some doped, drugged, shitfaced fuckwit streamer. With the sound off there is no distraction and you can more easily focus and evaluate the actual gameplay and visuals for yourself.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda
42. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 09:36 CJ_Parker

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 21:03:
So what you're saying is that you'd pay for a game that you would want to play, but since you have such a massive chip on your shoulder you're just going to disparage others for buying a game they feel they'd enjoy and want to play...

Of course, you can continue to sit there and spout of subjective complaints while trying to state them as alternative facts while the bulk of people here will continue to ridicule you for the delusional whacko you portray.

Hahahaha ridiculous. You guys are so deeply tangled up in Stockholm syndrome it's not even funny. Y'all are desperately trying to justify your MEA preorders by denying EA's unquestionable sins of the past. A few years ago these forums (among many others) were in flames due to EA's shitty business and DLC practices related to ME (and DA).

Nowadays it's apparently all OK and forgotten (talk about "alternative facts"... that's you, buddy, not me). Y'all have so gotten used to taking it up the ass, you don't even realize anymore when EA lodges their fatty deep inside y'all.

And this is exactly why gaming is going down the shitter. Because y'all keep supporting these companies with their shitty season passes, their piecemeal deliveries, their dumbing down and their abuse of once great franchises for milking cash from the gullible fools.
All just because y'all got no spine and can not resist hype for shit. No, no. It's Mass Effect(!!!111), it's BioWare(!!!111) so of course you MUST preorder and succumb to the peer pressure since if you wouldn't preorder you'd only feel like half a man with a tiny pee-pee.

Laughable. Given the history of the franchise, any sane person would wait for reviews and EA's detailed DLC plan before splurging cash on this fucker. I'm going to laugh my ass off if the game -as expected- turns out buggy as fuck with an abysmal plot and characters, way too short and if EA releases massive bits of backstory, additional characters etc. in DLC format.

24. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 26, 2017, 20:34 CJ_Parker

Bundy wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 18:29:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 15:25:
They either do a GOTY that I might buy for <$10 or fuck this franchise.

You heard the man Bioware. Develop half a dozen DLC's, package it up in the main game, ship it as a stand alone product and sell it for less than $10. Or you've lost yourself a customer!

Dude... way to miss the whole point. I would absolutely be willing to pay more and buy closer to release IF:

- They would NOT develop half a dozen DLCs in the first place but actually ship a complete game on release.
- They would only release expansion-type DLC (like classic retail expansions). See Witcher 3 Blood&Wine and Hearts of Stone.
- They actually made a decent game. This shit doesn't look like it. Way too casual and really shitty Frostshite artificial graphics with an amazingly low level of detail in the scenes shown so far. There also seems to be zero RPG left. It's obviously all about very simplistic (i.e. even more simple than before) pew-pew now so yawn.

15. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 26, 2017, 15:25 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 12:48:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 12:23:
Yeah, I guess that is true IF you are OK with them chopping and piecemealing the fuck out of a game but many (most?) people are not exactly fans of obviously cut out DLC that was (or at the very least should have been) part of the main game.

Their DLC sales numbers would indicate that most people actually were pretty fine with it.

That's one way to see it. My way to see it is that people bought the DLC because they did not want to write off the games as a total loss. So they invested the relatively small extra to get the full game(s), teeth gnashing to the point of bleeding from their mouths.

And while I would agree that the Prothean DLC was blatantly cut from the main game to be sold as DLC, most others were perfectly fine existing outside the main storyline and were excellent ancillary additions.

Nope. Many people feel that Arrival was an essential DLC and to only a very slightly lesser degree also Citadel and Leviathan. LotSB and Kasumi were also absolutely essential if you liked those critters (Kasumi and Liara).

The only non-essential DLC was all the unbalancing item and equipment crap but BioWare cut some really nice stories from the main game(s) of ME2 and ME3 to be sold separately as piecemeal DLC. It is no coincidence that DLC memes started popping up left, right and center when those games were hot.
The only game that did not have essential DLC was ME1.

EA rightfully earned a reputation of being the biggest scumbag dickwads in the universe with the way they handled ME DLC. I know many people, myself included, who will always wait for a GOTY now when a game comes with any DLC at all. Why play half the game at release if you can have the full game a year later?
Unfortunately, in ME's case this was not even possible and you *had* to buy the DLC (which even I did partially but very reluctantly when the games sold for <$10).
I won't do this again though. The ME series left a very sour taste in my mouth with the retarded ending of part 3. They either do a GOTY that I might buy for <$10 or fuck this franchise.

Yes, clearly none of the Mass Effect games had enough content to justify their original asking price. Worst offender. Okay. Rolleyes

That's very subjective, of course, but I feel genuinely sorry for anyone who paid $60 for these half-assed games on release. The vanilla games weren't exactly very content rich. They were quite short actually. And buggy as fuck.
I'm very glad I only paid <$10 plus the money for some handpicked DLCs for these games when they were fully patched.

At the end of the day I guess it's a matter of preference. If you prefer your games to be delivered massively piecemeal-style then ME series is pure heaven. If you prefer a somewhat finished game on release then you won't buy the game before all DLC is out so you can have the full experience with the full story and full cast of characters on your first playthrough.

Look, I don't have much of a problem with DLC that is really just an additional expansion like e.g. Omega for ME3 but stuff like Arrival, Leviathan and Citadel and to a slightly lesser extent Normandy Crash Site, Zaeed, LotSB & Kasumi are absolutely essential and main game material. P.e.r.i.o.d. d.u.d.e!

9. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 26, 2017, 12:23 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 11:56:
I'm sure there will be story DLC. To be fair to Bioware, they usually do a pretty good job with those. It's been rare when I didn't feel I got my money's worth out of their DLC, and some of the ones they've done (Shadow Broker, The Citadel) have been about the finest examples of DLC done well.

Finest examples of DLC done well?? wat?!?

Yeah, I guess that is true IF you are OK with them chopping and piecemealing the fuck out of a game but many (most?) people are not exactly fans of obviously cut out DLC that was (or at the very least should have been) part of the main game.

ME DLC (across the entire series) was the worst offender in this category by far. They cut their games into tiny little pieces and sold everything for their shitty retarded BioWare points without ever releasing any complete versions like a GOTY to add insult to injury.

To me it was the "finest example" of how to totally fuck over your customers and that is why those shitheads will not get a penny from me unless there is a GOTY this time (which I will buy only when it goes on a deep discount).

News Comments > ZeniMax Seeks Rift Injunction
12. Re: On Sale Feb 25, 2017, 05:31 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Feb 25, 2017, 03:24:
44 % 2 = 22 0.88

^ fixed

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Criminal Past Released
5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Criminal Past Released Feb 24, 2017, 15:21 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 13:41:
It sounds like a fun mission, but I really wish it got integrated into the main storyline somehow.

I'm sure it will eventually. Remember Human Revolution GOTY? Squeenix will release an unpatched Mankind Divided fork with Criminal Past integrated and they'll charge existing customers for their half-assed garbage. It worked the last time. Why put more effort into it if you can get away with fraud?

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta
35. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 11:21 CJ_Parker

Played some more and the most frustrating thing with these kinds of Ubishit games is to think what could have been if they wouldn't have half-assed 80% of the game.

This shit could be really good with a better story, better characters & voiceovers, more decent (enemy and squad) AI, some old school GR/R6 breach&clear tactics for buildings with multiple entry points and flashbangs and stuff, better vehicle controls/physics, less bugs (like not being able to get stuck in places in the world dammit) and generally just a bit more depth to everything.

It's frustrating as fuck to see the shiny diamond under all those layers of heavily encrusted bullshit. Oh well... I'll grab this when it goes on sale one day. Here's to hoping that them Ubi maggots won't just have microtranscation DLC but also substantially add to the game in upcoming patches and DLC.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta
29. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 08:33 CJ_Parker

Quboid wrote on Feb 23, 2017, 19:30:
Performance is poor, I have had to turn down so many options that it's uglier than similar recent games.

wat?

All (and I mean ALL) maxed out on a GTX 1080@1440p = 50fps average in the benchmark with no dips worth mentioning (no stuttering at all). In the game I'm getting between 40 and 90fps. Iz smooth as a nice pair of senorita tetas.

The only technical issue I have had with the game is sporadic white light flickering (also had this in The Witcher 3 sometimes). Must be something with the lighting and HBAO+ or something.

Da game is almost kinda fun, too. In single player, of course. It's nowhere even close to a real Ghost Recon so shame on Ubi for shitting all over the franchise but the character customization, the insane amount of equipment options and the open world gameplay with the chopper, the vehicles, the collectibles and the motivating XP and upgrade system is bordering on decent. I might actually get this shit when it's 9.99 for the GOTY one day.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Pillars of Eternity 2 Fig Campaign Raises More Than $3 million. Feb 23, 2017, 14:26 CJ_Parker

P.S.: Wow, I totally forgot about the Fig funds. It is even more of a super-epic mega fail if we deduct the investor funds. The actual pledges only stand at about $1.8 million right now which makes it well under 50% of the first campaign. Talk about a complete failure. I'm proud of all my fellow gamers who, like me, did not fall for Obshittian hype of nothingness again. A nice wallet vote right there. WTG bruuuuhs!  

3926 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo