Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4361 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
5. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 11:15 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 10:57:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Chris Roberts saw the shit that Richard Garriott is pulling off, and thought "Holy hell. This way I don't even have to have artists draw pictures of pretty spaceships! I can literally sell just NOTHING!"

^ this

Under normal circumstances you would say that SC has hit a new low but they started hitting the lowest possible depths with massive lies ("last chance LTI", "no more ships for real money after the pledge campaign ends") back in 2012 already so this is just a continuation of their low blow streak. What a fucking muppet show that "game" has become... jeez.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Forces EA Stock Towards the Dark Side
56. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 10:27 CJ_Parker

By the way, semantics, I know, but still... the CD Projekt thing was called an expansion pass and not a season pass.

And in addition to what Creston said: This expansion pass delivered exactly what it said it would. They said beforehand what it would contain.
They specified the exact content and gave a game length estimate which turned out to be very conservative. You could easily spend quite a bit more than the advertised 10 and 20 hours in both expansions.

It was an expansion pass and delivered two full blown expansions. One smaller one and a larger one. Exactly as advertised. No bullshit. No scam. No hidden fuckshit. Just straight, honest business.

Edit @ Slick: The point is that season passes have always been cancer. (Non-cosmetic-exclusive )Microtransactions are cancer+++ and loot boxes are cancer+++++++++ . Capisce, d00d?

51. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 10:13 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 09:51:
CJ_Parker white-knighting the practice of community-dividing, pocketbook-lightening season pass DLC.

Now I've seen everything.

Full retard confirmed. Which part of "fucking shitty season pass" or calling it "dog shit" was unclear? In which world is calling something fucking shitty or dog shit somehow "white-knighting"?

Are you fucking insane?

48. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 09:30 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 01:54:
I think it's funny how prestigious studios like CD Projekt Red snipe EA with that cunty tweet saying: "We'll leave greed to others" while The Witcher 3 released with 2 $30 DLC content packs.

The whole thing is such a mess.

EA fucked up the implementation, but I still think the overall strategy is a direction that the industry needs to go, ESPECIALLY for multiplayer games. I can't be dealing with segmenting the community 2 months after launch based on who bought the season pass or not.

For all the shitstorm furore that the piss poor progression implementation wrought, people have lost track of the one actually redeeming feature of this model. NO SEASON PASS.

Seriously... have you gone FULL retard, bro? What. the. actual. fuck.

The game having MTs instead of a fucking shitty season pass is like "hey guys we're not serving dog shit this year but instead you'll get a nice cat shit pie ... ya like?".

And YOU fell for it, you flaming idiot.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Nov 28, 2017, 20:23 CJ_Parker

Well, if this fucks multiplayer gaming into the ground then I can not wait for it. Bring it on!
Bring back the glory days of single player games w/o microtransactions, loot boxes and all that retarded shit.
Let's have deep gameplay, reasonably well written plots, interesting characters, great worlds to explore that are more than farming grounds and let us go back to generally more rich gaming experiences with a beginning and an end instead of open world, open end, open wallet bull-fucking-shit. Tyvm.

6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 28, 2017, 20:16 CJ_Parker

jamiedj99 wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 20:14:
Good time to invest

Yes. In short bonds. Cuz the next fucking retarded business decision is guaranteed to be looming around the corner.

1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 28, 2017, 19:45 CJ_Parker

Muuuuuuahahahahahaaaaa. A $3bn shit pie. Eat that you EA fuckers!  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Released
7. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Released Nov 28, 2017, 17:59 CJ_Parker

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 17:00:
Games really fun.. gameplay you'll have a blast playing as the mechanics are well done.

LOL

So how much booze did it take the Tipsy McStagger to arrive at this conclusion. Is it possible to "have a blast" or to feel that the "mechanics are well done" with less than a 99% blood alcohol level?

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 26, 2017, 17:09 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 16:33:
Or they could just pump out Battlefront 3 and release it next year.

Nah. Episode IX is 2019 so BF3 will be 2019, too. But they will probably push a gigantic bantha poodoo load of microtransaction-infested "free" DLC next year.

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway
9. Re: SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway Nov 26, 2017, 12:14 CJ_Parker

WaltC wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 12:05:
I've been using AMD exclusively at home since 1999

Please rest assured of my heartfelt condolences!

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2017, 06:03 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 05:11:
Yeah, 6 years actually....

The five years part of our esteemed colleague's post was related to people throwing money at this clusterfuck.
He (like Blue in the actual newsbit) is 100% correct that it has been five years "only".
The game was revealed on 10/10/2012. I still have my golden ticket here to reminisce that day.

Development started about six years ago but the money collection from gullible fools (myself sadly included though I have not spent a single cent on the game since 2013) has only been going on for just over five years.

News Comments > Black Mesa Delayed
17. Re: Black Mesa Delayed Nov 26, 2017, 05:55 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 00:31:
Is there anyone actually excited about the Xen part?

Nope. Xen was a total coitus interruptus that turned a great game into an abysmal shitfest for the last couple of hours. It's one of the reasons I consider HL completely overrated.
Kinda like FarCry which went to shit when those retarded monkeys showed up. Coitus interruptus big time, man.

News Comments > Get Flight Unlimited 2K16 for Free
10. Re: Get Flight Unlimited 2K16 for Free Nov 26, 2017, 05:44 CJ_Parker

d00d...

The 6th commandment of internet trolling is...

"Never -EVER- squander a chance to take a big old dump on Microsoft when the opportunity presents itself"

See. Since the MS store was mentioned in the newsbit it was mandatory (m-a-n-d-a-t-o-r-y!!!) to troll Microshit. Not my fault!

News Comments > Get Flight Unlimited 2K16 for Free
3. Re: Get Flight Unlimited 2K16 for Free Nov 25, 2017, 16:14 CJ_Parker

Microshit should be sued to hell and back for tainting the legendary Flight Unlimited name with this shitfest.

Also lol @ Windows store. Uninstalled and never to be seen again, fuckers.

News Comments > One Hour Star Citizen Video
20. Re: One Hour Star Citizen Video Nov 24, 2017, 19:43 CJ_Parker

I don't think that SC will really be that bad IF they ever release the game. This doesn't look overly spectacular. SWBF 2 is a shitty game but in terms of visuals I would say that it's easily a tie between SWBF 2 and SC.
SC will take several more years to release. It will release after the next gen of consoles will have come out (2019/2020) and then, at the latest, it's going to start to look dated.

The 90s was a totally different time. There were years where you would have had to buy a new system twice per year (not just a new GPU but all of it) to keep up with the latest releases.
If SC were a 90s game and it would have taken this long to develop... wow, it would look like complete garbage compared to other games by now.

It's definitely true that Origin games were always among the worst offenders back then. The Wing Commanders, Strike Commander, Privateer... ouch. My 486 DX2-40 couldn't do WC3, my friend's DX2-66 barely managed but ideally you needed a brand new Pentium 60Mhz (like a $3,000+ PC since high end shit was expensive as fuck back then).

If SC ends up running like crap on modern systems it will be less an issue of FIDELITEH and more an issue of incompetent systems design coupled with extreme network lag because Roberts thought he could somehow defy the laws of physics (= latency of bits and bytes that run through a cable or, worse, fly through the air from point A to point B and back).

News Comments > One Hour Star Citizen Video
14. Re: One Hour Star Citizen Video Nov 24, 2017, 17:00 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 14:50:
Also, not gonna lie, the flying into the planet and watching everything slowly get into detail is very, very impressive. But once he's skimming over the surface, there is a truly awful amount of pop-in. Like, Rage on a slow 5200rpm hard drive level of shitty pop-in. Ugh.

He had to fly very close to the surface before it began to look decent. It looked total crap from further out and even when he was pretty close already it was like WoW graphics at best.

It only started looking like a modern game (about on par with Frostshite) at a very low altitude but, yeah, the performance imploded.

Now imagine what will happen once all the actual gameplay systems will be added on top of this and if you try to do it with a small fleet of friends and each one of you with a multicrewed ship. Imagine on top of this how you would get into combat and things like the super-detailed damage system would need to be calculated etc.

How likely do we think that this above scenario will run on a computer in the next ten, twenty years? Right. Forget about it.
As always this video is just fluff and flashy garbage to extort some xmas monies from the mouthbreathers who still believe they will be able to do anything like this with the promised level of MMO and all promised features enabled (I am not doubting that this will work in single player once it is optimized a little more but single player was never the question).

P.S.: Check out a very similar looking planetary approach in the two year old Elite Dangerous Horizons. It's not even that far behind graphically and will be getting a visual facelift (i.e. the planets) early next year.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2017, 17:12.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2017, 19:40 CJ_Parker

I have read on some news sites that Disney were actually the ones who convinced EA to push loot boxes for gameplay instead of just cosmetics. Unfortunately none of those articles had an actual direct source but just referred to "insiders" so it might be an unsubstantiated claim.

I would not rule it out though since EA's standard MO is still season/premium passes (see Battlefield 1). Disney being behind a loot box or microtransaction driven system sounds plausible.
In any case, I am absolutely convinced that Disney was at least as happy as EA to try to push this crap on gamers.
The only reason it was removed at Disney's request was that they did not want any negative press to go along with Episode VIII.
Watch loot boxes make a glorious return a month or two after Episode VIII's launch.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
1. Re: Sunday Patches Nov 19, 2017, 19:20 CJ_Parker

Modder ‘Sir Reaperrz Custard McButtfuck Esq’ has released a brand new version of his incredible mod for The Witcher 3.

Ummm.... uuuhhh... OK

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
9. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Nov 19, 2017, 19:14 CJ_Parker

They should rename this Golden Gamepad Awards or simply the Peasantry Prize.  

News Comments > Titan Quest Ragnarök Released
7. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 19:14 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 18:38:
Shitty CGI garbage trailer, no gameplay, no announcement of this before release. Ten year old game that was left in a broken-as-fuck state after its first expansion (with the rubberbanding bullshit.)

Sounds like a winner!

^ all of this and ROFLMFAO @ the price they are asking for this decade late DLC LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

4361 Comments. 219 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo