Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4027 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
18. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 12:42 CJ_Parker

Gadzooks wrote on May 3, 2017, 11:54:
I hope tons of people buy, and then refund on steam, and totally screw up their metrics for sales after this.

I wasn't too interested in this garbage game so far but ^that is exactly the plan now .

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Tease
3. Re: Far Cry 3 Tease May 3, 2017, 11:17 CJ_Parker

Instabuy cuz sharks  

News Comments > Darksiders III Leaked
2. Re: Darksiders III Leaked May 2, 2017, 10:35 CJ_Parker

Yawn. Wake me up when they release the actual finished non-beta Warmaster Deathinitive or whatever complete version of the game instead of this early access garbage.  

News Comments > X-Wing XWVM Mod Video
3. Re: X-Wing XWVM Mod Video May 1, 2017, 10:56 CJ_Parker

Noice. This shit >>>>>> EA's SWBF garbage  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
21. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 26, 2017, 12:41 CJ_Parker

I got this a few weeks ago via regular Windows update already (guess I was in an early rollout wave).

As with the Anniversary Update this was a complete clusterfuck and stole over an hour of my valuable time until I had reverted all privacy settings back to stop fucking spying on me assholes and until I had uninstalled all unwanted apps that were once more dumped on my valuable SSD space without my consent (of course).

I'm WAY beyond the fuck Microsoft stage, man. I'm dreaming every night of becoming a giant turd monster and squatting over Redmond.

Serious word of advice here: If you value your privacy then make sure to go through ALL of your privacy related settings. ALL. OF. THEM. The sneaky Mickeysoft fuckers reverted settings in a totally random fashion.
Do not check just one page in privacy settings and think everything is OK or as it was. It isn't. Check everything. They've made it extra annoying hoping that people won't notice which settings they've changed. To make double sure, go through the entire settings pages, not just the privacy page.

The worst offender is Defender by the way (oh the irony). They turn on both, cloud-based protection and automatic sample submission by default.
These settings basically allow MS to access ANY and ALL of your files at their convenience under the pretense to check for viruses and malware. It's like sharing your HDD/SDD with the WAN, i.e. your data free for all to fuck with as they please.

And if you use custom settings for your nVidia driver then check the control panel. The update resets everything to default settings for some shitty reason (same with the anniversary update cuz it's apparently too hard for MS to code something that doesn't fuck up stuff left, right and center).

News Comments > Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Released
2. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Released Apr 24, 2017, 19:22 CJ_Parker

Buy Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Season Pass Edition

Hmmm....

ummm....

Naaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

News Comments > Starfighter Origins Tomorrow
17. Re: Starfighter Origins Tomorrow Apr 24, 2017, 15:32 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 12:01:
These guys probably made this whole game on the budget of what SC development costs for a day.

But... but... but... it's never been done befoaaaaarrrr and it's revolutionary and... and... immershun and fideliteh!!!11

As for this announcement they had me all the way up to...

The game is best played with a gamepad...

Noooooooooooo.

Definitely need to see 'overwhelmingly positive' on this after six months and a few hundred reviews or /pass cuz I'm not a console peasant. Never have been, never will be. Gamepad is a round 1 instant knock-out.

Oooh P.S.: Meanwhile at CIG, you can now earn STAR KITTEN (no fucking joke either) themed gear when referring the game to other people. L to the O to the L.

News Comments > NVIDIA Flow Video
8. Re: NVIDIA Flow Video Apr 23, 2017, 19:40 CJ_Parker

Caslon wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 18:55:
Games are getting more and more photo/movie realistic, but that doesn't help things when the gameplay is crap, does it?

That's true and most pretty modern games like MEA are complete fucking garbage but I would not even say that they look photo or movie realistic.

Frostshite, for example, has a very distinct artificial look&feel. It definitely looks very gamey and, if at all, maybe more movie-"real" (in SWBF thanks to photogrammetry) than photoreal or real-real.

I can't really think of a truly photo-realistic looking modern game. It almost seems to me that devs either try to avoid real settings or intentionally put that gamey/artsy look on them in order to avoid a too realistic depiction of violence.

News Comments > ELEX Trailer
4. Re: ELEX Trailer Apr 21, 2017, 17:59 CJ_Parker

Wonder no more.

Step 1) Go to Google (yeah it's still around after all these years)
Step 2) Enter "elex gameplay video"
Step 3) Switch to the video results and you should find about a couple hundred thousand gameplay videos

Here's a longer one for starters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPLJgU5SOvY

News Comments > Prey Trailer
3. Re: Prey Trailer Apr 19, 2017, 22:25 CJ_Parker

Garbage. If they make a game like this (immersive story-driven horror survival blahblah FPS like System-/BioShock) extra care should be taken that the UI is as unintrusive as possible. Here, the UI is extremely intrusive and you get pop-up text spam galore even when entering/changing areas and when a flea farts anywhere near you.
It also looks extremely sterile and totally unrealistic with its super-shiny clean look.

<$10 sale IF the (user) reviews are decent enough

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Surge
6. Re: Gone Gold - The Surge Apr 18, 2017, 13:03 CJ_Parker

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 12:19:
Games that do it great on rails, Call of Duty single players. They also have some of the best FPS stories you'll ever play.

Shocked Stunned Shocked Stunned Shocked

r u sucking ferious bro???

Hahaha_no Hahaha_no Hahaha_no

News Comments > Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on Steam This Week
3. Re: Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on Steam This Week Apr 18, 2017, 01:27 CJ_Parker

looooooooooool @ console garbage^infinity  

News Comments > Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month
17. Re: Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month Apr 17, 2017, 18:56 CJ_Parker

Well, the only reason this shit is coming out now is the announced changes to Greenlight. Blakemore knows that he won't ever be able to sell this turd again once Steam gets more serious about turd invasions on their store. That's why Blakemore is squeezing out this turd just in time before the toilet shuts down.  

News Comments > Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month
7. Re: Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month Apr 17, 2017, 14:20 CJ_Parker

I hate these fucking rushjobs.  

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap
25. Re: More on the Star Citizen Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 19:47 CJ_Parker

thecakeisalie wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 19:15:
... if what you said is what they wind up really doing.

Nope. Cutter is just uninformed - as always. The split between SP and MP/MMO has already happened a long time ago (February 2016 IIRC). Anyone who backed before that cutoff date is (theoretically, i.e. when/if ever done) getting S42 *and* Star Citizen. And if you backed since or want to back now, well, you have to make a choice whether you want a S42 package or SC package or both.

Original backers will (theoretically, i.e. when/if ever done) definitely get a subs free PU and they will also get all episodes of Squadron 42 plus the Behind Enemy Lines missions as part of their pledge.

Squadron 42 was turned into an episodic release all the way back in 2013 so this ain't exactly breaking news either. We also know that there will be (theoretically, i.e. when/if ever done) 28 chapters equivalent to 60+ missions. The only unknown here is how many chapters equals one episode and how many episodes there will be but for most backers this won't matter much because their pledge covers *at least* all 28 chapters.

That said and before it sounds like I'm defending any of this shit, I'm not, and all of this is lame as fuck, of course, since they pitched a full campaign to be done by the end of 2014 originally. But let us at least get our facts straight and use actual info that has been known for a long time instead of being a clueless Cutter .

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront II Details
4. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront II Details Apr 16, 2017, 14:47 CJ_Parker

Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 14:16:
If they actually release a full game this time I'll be all over it. If they churn out another less then half a game again, well, FU EA... why oh why did such a shitty company get such a great IP.

Because 95% of people, including many around here, will preorder games based on flashy, fancy trailers alone. That's why. Everyone who keeps preordering this trite AAA garbage from EA (or Ubi or Actiblizz or Squeenix etc.) like SWBF or MEA only have themselves to blame for the results. Action, reaction. Gamers demand dumbed down shitty games, gamers get dumbed down shitty games. Simple as that.

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap
6. Re: More on the Star Citizen Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 13:45 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 13:25:
Can somebody please translate what "an enthusiastic, empowered Community" really means? Thank you in advance.

Yes. It means "gullible retards with more monies than brainz to whom I am eternally grateful for empowering me to be DA CHAIRMANZ".

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap
17. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 15, 2017, 20:15 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 18:51:
Just a heads up for those interested in the game: it's not worth trying now. Come back in a few months when 3.0 is released. Right now you can play Arena Commander and Star Marine at decent framerates but both have very limited gameplay; the Persistent Universe is where most of the content is (and it's not exactly a lot) but because of a networking bottleneck it only runs at 15fps, no matter your hardware.

What's being developed looks extremely impressive but scheduling is a joke. This release was supposed to be out last year and yet now it's due out in June/July and a lot of the features have been pushed back to later releases (planets, mining, AI NPCs, etc).

TL;DR For now there isn't much to report. Check back later.

Welcome back to reality, dude!

News Comments > Peter Moore Signs Off
1. Re: Peter Moore Signs Off Apr 14, 2017, 19:47 CJ_Parker

Good riddance. Phil Spencer next please.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 13, 2017, 12:52 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 19:55:
"Prey Demo Play the Opening Hour. No PC demo planned. Guess this is primarily a console game?"
It's nice to see they care about their PC customers.

Does it really matter? As always, all the li'l lemmings will still preorder anyway.

4027 Comments. 202 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo