Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3329 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Week
21. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 15:19 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 12:27:
They should just finish up and release the SP game as a separate game all together (which they may already do can't remember)
That should help with the development cost of the MMO

Yep. It has already happened. They separated Squadron 42 and Star Citizen into two different games on February 14th of this year. Squadron 42 is theoretically still scheduled for release some time this year as CIG has not stated otherwise since that trailer that had "2016" at the end of it, but it seems more than doubtful that they will actually make it this year. Too many unfinished ships and gameplay systems and engine issues... not gonna happen unless they do an early access buggy-as-fuck release.

As for helping with the development cost of the MMO, that should not be necessary. Let us not forget that CR originally planned to make the full game for ~$20 to ~$25 million. We're approaching five times that budget (and more because if CIG manages the funds in a reasonable way, then even with very low interest rates, they should have made a couple extra million just from storing the cash somewhere safe).
If they are seriously hurting for money then CR has fucked up on a scope that no game project manager in the history of gaming has ever fucked up. Not that I would put that past him...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RDR2 Map Leaked?
15. Re: RDR2 Map Leaked? Apr 16, 2016, 18:28 CJ_Parker

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 16, 2016, 18:20:
"From the start our aim was twofold - to make games that we wouldn’t be embarrassed to be caught playing ourselves and to expand the experience of playing those games by making them less limited and more engaging with the production values of movies."

And the end result was a human roadkill murder simulator. Great job, Rockstar. Mass appeal accomplished by appealing to the mass psychopathic tendencies.

13. Re: RDR2 Map Leaked? Apr 16, 2016, 18:16 CJ_Parker

Hush. You're disturbing the endless amounts of FUN everyone is having here, dude.  

8. Re: RDR2 Map Leaked? Apr 16, 2016, 15:24 CJ_Parker

Rockstar can shove their console garbage straight up their dumb asses. I do not give a single fuck until they start treating PC gamers with a minimum of respect which would entail porting RDR to PC and stopping to sign ludicrous exclusivity deals while then "teasing" PC gamers about the possibilities of a PC port (the way they treated PC gamers with regard to GTA V was among the most disrespectful asshole dick moves in recent history only topped by what Microsoft pulls off on a regular basis). Fuck them all. Not spending a single cent on that console garbage.  

News Comments > New John Romero PC Shooter Teased
1. Re: New John Romero PC Shooter Teased Apr 15, 2016, 19:48 CJ_Parker

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL  

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
28. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 15, 2016, 19:36 CJ_Parker

Phasenoise wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 19:12:
Maybe the single player game won't be a boring derivative experience?

Maybe it will rain $100 notes tomorrow?

It could happen!

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
26. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 15, 2016, 17:56 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 15:06:
How has no one mentioned this yet? Call yourselves #MasterRace?

The game is CAPPED AT 60 FPS. On an engine level. No way to disable it.

I played one round, went 21-3, then immediately uninstalled.

Fucking console GARBAGE. it's 2016. anyone who buys this game for PC needs to be publicly humiliated.

^ this

... and add to this the fucking retarded UNSKIPPABLE intro logos and screens, of which there aren't just the usual two or three but more like a dozen or so (technical disclaimer, id logo, Bethesda logo, nVidia logo, legal disclaimer, beta disclaimer, epilepsy warning) and you have a technically inept console garbage clusterfuck of the most epic proportions on yer hands. Fuck this game. Toilet. Flush. Buh-bye.

News Comments > Ghostbusters Games Announced
25. Re: Ghostbuster there's nothing here thats Games Announced Apr 15, 2016, 17:49 CJ_Parker

Played this to death on the C64. Won't play again.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
10. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Apr 15, 2016, 07:06 CJ_Parker

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 04:19:
It's better than the last few iterations of R6.

You are quite clearly nucking futs, Sir, or just talking about the graphics or summin'.

Rogue Spear > Raven Shield > Rainbow Six > Vegas ... ... ... > Siege > Lockdown

And there's like a HUGE motherfucker of a gap between Vegas and the shit end of the stick a.k.a Siege/Lockdown.

News Comments > DOOM Trailer
16. Re: DOOM Trailer Apr 15, 2016, 00:04 CJ_Parker

Played a couple rounds and, yeah, it's GARBITCH!!!!111

The biggest GARBITCH!!!!111, however, and the reason this game has totally disqualified itself, even for a deep discounted purchase in the future, are the unskippable intro logos and legal and epilepsy warning crap screens.
Fuck that shit. If id/Bethesda are not capable of treating their customers with the slightest bits of respect then no buy. Not even for $4.99 for the GOTY. They can fuck and off and that's it.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
4. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Apr 14, 2016, 21:31 CJ_Parker

My internet connection has not pissed me off enough recently to deserve this kind of insult. The poor thing already had to download the potentially very shitty Doom beta so it deserves a little rest from all those garbage bits & bytes.  

News Comments > DOOM Trailer
5. Re: DOOM Trailer Apr 14, 2016, 20:45 CJ_Parker

I'm expecting the same garbage single player as with Doom 3. Very few cutscenes, same looking levels for nearly the entire game and lame random monster spawns out of nowhere to artificially extend the game time.
Call of Doom with plenty spectacular (over the top) cutscenes and some serious variation in the levels and objectives would actually be an improvement over the tardfest Doom 3 single player.

News Comments > Fable Legends Closed
1. Re: Fable Legends Closed Apr 13, 2016, 20:32 CJ_Parker

Aaaaaaawwwwwwww  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Tease
15. Re: BioShock Infinite Tease Apr 13, 2016, 14:43 CJ_Parker

Put your mommies on speed dial next time, guys. Come on. You can do it!  

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Preloads
1. Re: DOOM Open Beta Preloads Apr 13, 2016, 02:35 CJ_Parker

In case anyone is wondering: It's a little under 15 gigs.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Tourney Sets Records
7. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Tourney Sets Records Apr 12, 2016, 12:30 CJ_Parker

descender wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 11:54:
Why does it matter how they distribute cosmetic items? They did it to promote the streaming of the tournament.

It matters because obtaining items just from watching a stream is creating more entitled, obese, lazy, couch slouching, mouthbreathing Jabba the Hutts who will get on our collective nerves by demanding shit in exchange for zero effort. Result: Even more dumbed down games, even shittier business practices.

I no want dat.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 12, 2016, 12:23 CJ_Parker

ldonyo wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 11:38:
It was really cool, at first. Now it's a pain in the ass.

You are probably the only person in the universe who feels that way or your "at first" means when you joined Steam in 2006 or so.
Because early Steam from 2003 to about 2006 was one of the biggest piles of fucking garbage ever dumped upon gamers in the history of gaming.

It started being "really cool" when they began having those cheap ass sales. Before that, most gamers wouldn't have given Valve the time of the day. It was the very definition of a major royal fucking pain in the fucking ass.

And you can still get a small taste of how abysmally bad it was every once in a while, for example last xmas sale (was it?) when they had those massive issues including the data breach.

I enjoy the convenience of Steam if and when it is working as intended but I'm not going to forget where it's coming from (way down that shitter hole).
Also, since it is digital rent, I'm usually very hesitant to pay more than $5 to $10 for any game. The days of full price purchases are long over for me. If I can not own a game like on GOG or retail then fuck you, Mr. Publisher.
But I'm not complaining... Steam has helped me save fucktons of cash in the process. It's fine. Digital rent has its pros and cons.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Tourney Sets Records
3. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Tourney Sets Records Apr 12, 2016, 11:20 CJ_Parker

theglaze wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 10:42:
Divide by 5 because of all of the alternate accounts people had streaming to try and get spectator drops...

wat?

Lemme get this shit straight: You get game item drops just from watching a fucking stream these days??

WTF?????????????

Oh my dear old Counter-Strike how thou hath fallen...

News Comments > Star Citizen EVA Video
37. Re: Star Citizen EVA Video Apr 10, 2016, 15:34 CJ_Parker

vvenaya wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 13:28:
Bluesnews forum is saturated with trolls people who have a clue what is going on at CIG. If you want any decent discussion to circle jerk with fellow cultists until your weenie falls off go to the Official SC forums.

^ fixed that fer ya mate

News Comments > Star Citizen EVA Video
14. Re: Star Citizen EVA Video Apr 9, 2016, 20:07 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 19:40:
We'll see soon enough If it (SQ42) doesn't release this year I am not gonna be happy though.

Well, then... prepare to be not happy. The odds are the same as successfully navigating an asteroid field and Christ Roberts sure as hell ain't no Han Solo.

It won't happen this year. No chance. They are lagging behind on all fronts. Animations, flight model, proper controls, ships that are required to be finished for S42, FPS gameplay (for S42 FPS missions), engine development, everything.
It will be a miracle of epic proportions if it releases within the next eight months and if it does it won't be pretty because it will be half-assed as fuck, making those horrible UWP games from Microshit look like polished pro releases by comparison.

3329 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo