Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4702 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 16, 2018, 21:36 CJ_Parker

In semi-related news, the CJP Foundation has declared CJ_Parker the most intelligent, handsome and likable person on the planet.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
84. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 16, 2018, 17:11 CJ_Parker

Y'all need to lay off the red meat. Not healthy that shit.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
74. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 16, 2018, 14:52 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 13:55:
Nucas wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 22:43:
i just want someone to release a competent single player campaign space sim. someone give me this.

we've had some slices. house of the dying sun was good, everspace was ok. i want the total package.
I think that the only thing that will come from SC will be SQ 42, since Erin Roberts is heading that up. Also, the scope is more fixed and accomplishable relative to the MMO side. It's not as vulnerable to the ever growing scope creep of the MMO.

That might have been the case back in 2014 but ever since they merged both projects they share a destiny. Erin's Foundry 42 studio in Manchester was originally supposed to work on Squadron 42 nearly exclusively but as we all know that concept fell apart before it even started since CIG always needed every hand on deck for their flashy demos and trailers. They couldn't finish shit without the help of all studios.

Nowadays there are too many interdependencies. They split both games into different SKUs but behind the scenes on a dev level Squadron 42 relies on a lot of the tech that is going into Star Shitizen and vice versa. They have internally merged the projects to a point where S42 is all but indistinguishable from SC.

I wouldn't even be sure if they will keep the "playable offline" promise for S42. I kind of doubt it since CR is apparently aiming for this seamless experience where you play the campaign and then just seamlessly keep playing in the PU (which has always seemed questionable since you can usually never bring an offline character into an online world due to the risks of manipulation/h4XX).

News Comments > Remnant: From the Ashes Announced
11. Re: Remnant: From the Ashes Announced Jul 14, 2018, 21:28 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 03:34:
Darks wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 01:07:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 15:53:
Hellgate London was complete garbage with the most unimaginative setting ever. What a boring and trite piece of shit. Fight off the demons that have invaded the world through demon portals. Yaaaaawwwwwn. That shit had already been done to death even back then.

This Remnant game looks like just another me-too multiplayer treadmill. Solid pass.

As much stuff that you apparently pass on, you must lead one boring ass life.

He doesn't pass on teh Pr0n. That's where he spends his time, cuz there's some really good German shit out there (at least that's what my friend told me).

Nah man. German pr0n is (mostly) crap. It's always tattooed and/or pierced ugly sluts and most of the time extreme and disgusting shit like anal fisting or golden showers and dreck like that. Yuck.

There used to be some good German pr0n chixx like Gina Wild or Vivian Schmitt back in the day and some of the flicks by the late Harry S Morgan were pretty "good" but ever since the whole scene went more "amateur"... uuuaaaaggghhh... I mean, if anyone is into watching gaping assholes all day like the goatse meme then modern German pr0n is heaven but I'm not into that shit. Yuckity-yuckity-yuck-yuck.

That said, I have a HUGE game backlog in spite of passing on so many games. There are luckily still enough decent games. It's just that the trend towards more and more multiplayerification of everything is disturbing.
My backlog will last a few years though and at least a few new good games will be coming out in the meantime that are not multiplayer treadmills with MTX so it's all good. Boredom is definitely something I am not worried about at all for the foreseeable future.

News Comments > Remnant: From the Ashes Announced
7. Re: Remnant: From the Ashes Announced Jul 13, 2018, 15:53 CJ_Parker

Hellgate London was complete garbage with the most unimaginative setting ever. What a boring and trite piece of shit. Fight off the demons that have invaded the world through demon portals. Yaaaaawwwwwn. That shit had already been done to death even back then.

This Remnant game looks like just another me-too multiplayer treadmill. Solid pass.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's Future Witcher Plans
12. Re: CD Projekt RED's Future Witcher Plans Jul 12, 2018, 12:34 CJ_Parker

aka_STEVE wrote on Jul 12, 2018, 09:38:
Yep , easily go prequel trilogy before Geralt - like an Origins storyline of the Witchers' and make another few Billion $$'s

No thanks. Prequels are boring as fuck cuz you already know what happens afterwards. Yawn.

Sequels please. Start the new series with Geralt's funeral or something...

News Comments > CODE VEIN Delayed
1. Re: CODE VEIN Delayed Jul 11, 2018, 14:59 CJ_Parker

They probably need additional time to fuck up the PC port enough so that they can later sell a remaster for $40.  

News Comments > PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month
3. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 9, 2018, 21:00 CJ_Parker

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 20:09:
Apparently 60 fps is the cap.

Not entirely unexpected since this POS is a conslow garbage port.

News Comments > Steam Competitor Coming from China
27. Re: Steam Competitor Coming from China Jul 9, 2018, 16:25 CJ_Parker

I agree. If you look up a synonym for greed in a thesaurus it should reference Valve and vice versa.  

News Comments > Steam Competitor Coming from China
1. Re: Steam Competitor Coming from China Jul 9, 2018, 11:23 CJ_Parker

I doubt many people in the western world (except Chinese migrants maybe) are interested in their casual MMO garbage catalogue but moar gamez are moar bettah so... sure, bring it on, Tencent!  

News Comments > Battlefield V Video
5. Re: Battlefield V Video Jul 8, 2018, 15:50 CJ_Parker

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 8, 2018, 14:26:
Recorded in 12 bit 4K then uploaded to youtube.

/facepalm

*sigh*

Who cares? No amount of lipstick, not even 128K 1024-bit, can hide the fact that this game is a piece of shit from one of the shittiest publishers and devs on the planet. Fuck Battlefield. Fuck games as a service. Fuck MTX. Fuck EA.

News Comments > Monster Hunter: World PC Date and Specs Monday
8. Re: Monster Hunter: World PC Date and Specs Monday Jul 7, 2018, 17:21 CJ_Parker

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 7, 2018, 16:22:
Different strokes for different folks, of course, but all indications are that the people who think this game sucks are in the vast minority. It's the as yet uncontested biggest release of the year; the average review is 90/100, it became Capcom's best-selling game of all time almost immediately (5m sold at launch, 8m within 3 months), and probably's the biggest multiplatform console-seller since GTA 5.

Sales in the millions don't mean it doesn't suck. Strong console sales in particular are actually a good indicator that this muthafucka prolly sucks basketballs through a garden hose.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Weekend Underway
14. Re: Destiny 2 Free Weekend Underway Jul 7, 2018, 11:44 CJ_Parker

MattyC wrote on Jul 7, 2018, 02:21:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 7, 2018, 02:09:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 7, 2018, 00:30:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 21:40:
Not even once. Not even for free.

The joke is, free weekend might as well be called a "don't bother if you are European or interested in any sports" event. Because Formula 1 (Silverstone!!!!!) and Soccer Championship including ENGLAND (A must watch) are this weekend

I wonder if that was intentional marketing wise or if they think people playing vidya games don't care for any sports... and yes, I know Tour de France also starts in like 4 hours

TL;DR, that's some majorly retarded time slotting for a free event.

I'm a European and I don't give a flying fuck about some doped up assholes on bicycles nor some boring as fuck race car bullshit nor about the FIFA corruption world cup in fucking Putin commie Russia.

That said, I give even less of a fuck about Destiny 2 so they can have a free weekend every fucking weekend for all I care. Zero fucks given.

I thought we had moved from a fucks-based to dismissive-wanks-based posting economy?

Nah. I'm not wasting my precious wanks (dismissive or otherwise) on something as shitty as Destiny 2!

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Weekend Underway
7. Re: Destiny 2 Free Weekend Underway Jul 7, 2018, 02:09 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 7, 2018, 00:30:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 21:40:
Not even once. Not even for free.

The joke is, free weekend might as well be called a "don't bother if you are European or interested in any sports" event. Because Formula 1 (Silverstone!!!!!) and Soccer Championship including ENGLAND (A must watch) are this weekend

I wonder if that was intentional marketing wise or if they think people playing vidya games don't care for any sports... and yes, I know Tour de France also starts in like 4 hours

TL;DR, that's some majorly retarded time slotting for a free event.

I'm a European and I don't give a flying fuck about some doped up assholes on bicycles nor some boring as fuck race car bullshit nor about the FIFA corruption world cup in fucking Putin commie Russia.

That said, I give even less of a fuck about Destiny 2 so they can have a free weekend every fucking weekend for all I care. Zero fucks given.

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
65. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 18:52 CJ_Parker

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 18:32:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 18:29:
As a German all I can say is that the Beaver needs to pull that massive LOG out of his ass and grow some humor (yes, hard for us Germans, I know Wink ).

Cutter made a harmless, stupid joke with his "sour kraut" remark. No need to get one's panties in a bunch. Who gives a fuck?
Its not the joke I am talking about. Its how he told what happened and what he said after that joke. If that really happened like that (and isnt a joke) then he only made clear what an absolute scumbag he is.

What do you call white knighting for another guy?

Come on, you've been around long enough to know that Cutter is Mr. GrumpyCat incarnate and that he enjoys being an asshole sometimes .

He's the kind of guy who will accelerate instead of break when a cat crosses the street or the guy who will sneeze in someone's food at a full restaurant to get a free table or the guy who will hum along at a classic concert to annoy the fuck out of others.

I didn't mean to white-knight either. I just wanted to point out that his "joke" was by no means offensive or even racist to me as a "kraut". That's all.

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
60. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 18:29 CJ_Parker

As a German all I can say is that the Beaver needs to pull that massive LOG out of his ass and grow some humor (yes, hard for us Germans, I know Wink ).

Cutter made a harmless, stupid joke with his "sour kraut" remark. No need to get one's panties in a bunch. Who gives a fuck?

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 30, 2018, 19:53 CJ_Parker

Smart move by Sony to separate the intelligent people from the Xbox mouthbreathers. I like.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video
8. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 13:12 CJ_Parker

Scheherazade wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 11:44:
So why get obsessed with details when players (presumably they are like me) will be too busy playing to pay attention to details.

Cuz the mere claim of "never been done before FIDELITEH" keeps the money train rolling and rolling and rolling on.

The cultist whales pour money into the project precisely because of this minute attention to detail. They demand it. For the IMMERSHUN.

It's like a perpetuum mobile at this point. Roberts talks about FIDELITEH and IMMERSHUN, cultists get wet panties, open wallet and suggest even more detailed features that Roberts gratefully ingests to talk about even more FIDELITEH and IMMERSHUN than ever done in a game before.

Rinse, repeat... feature creep madness for almost six years now. Squadron 42 was originally supposed to be out by xmas 2014.

This joke of a "game" just keeps getting more and more pathetic with each passing year.
I wonder what the Hollywood friends of Roberts are thinking of him as they must be aware that their mocap sessions in 2015 never lead to a finished product in spite of Roberts' claims that it would be done by 2016 (he even said so not only for Squadron 42 but also the FULL PU was supposed to be out by the end of 2016 according to Roberts at Gamescom in 2015).

He should be embarrassed as fuck at this point. If not with regard to his loyal cultists then at least with regard to his Hollywood friends and maybe also his devs (though most of them are probably just happy to be part of a solid years long employment plan).

News Comments > The Crew 2 Launches
7. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 12:46 CJ_Parker

Muuuuahahahahaaaa Ubi stinker got slaughtered. Right on!  

News Comments > Pathfinder: Kingmaker Publishing Deal
2. Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker Publishing Deal Jun 29, 2018, 03:18 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 01:12:
Just completed their KS? That was 2 years ago, Blue. Really looking forward to this. Would have jumped on board if they had made an NWN style game with a Pathfinder focus.

The KS campaign ended successfully on July 12, 2017 which is a little less than ONE year from today.

It's one of the very, very, very few, select KS titles I have backed at the minimum tier in recent years and I'm glad I did from what I have heard of the beta.

Thank god it is nothing like multiplayer-focused NWN tileset generic garbage but a much deeper, richer, more unique and more complex single player focused creation.

Deep Silver would usually mean bad news because they have a history of fucking with devs by forcing silly hip features into games or by imposing shitty DLC policies but I'm quite sure that Kingmaker is advanced enough already so that DS can not do too much damage this late in the game.

On the bright side: DS might ensure Kingmaker gets proper marketing and distribution at least in Europe so on that front this deal is pretty good news for Owlcat.

4702 Comments. 236 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo