Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3323 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Quantum Break Patch
13. Re: Quantum Break Patch May 1, 2016, 13:35 CJ_Parker

How is that a "good thing"? Giving Microsoft a single penny for anything gaming related is the equivalent of squatting over PC gaming and taking a huge stinky dump. You have directly contributed to them fucking over PC gamers even harder in the future and to them expanding their Xbox division further to alienate the PC gamers even more. Congratulations!

For anyone with a remote interest in PC gaming, there is only exactly one "good thing" to do here and it is to totally boycott the garbage that comes out of the gaming division of Microsoft these days.

They do not deserve anyone's business for this clusterfuck that has been introduced with the Windows store and UWP.
Besides, after what happened with GFWL, anyone who spends a single penny on the Windows store is batshit insane beyond hope anyway. Please donate your money to charity instead of flushing it down Microsoft's shitter.
Given their GFWL track record, you will lose your games in a couple of years so do something sensible with your money instead of throwing it away like that to those incompetent fucks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters
20. Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 12:20 CJ_Parker

Hush, guys. You are supposed to celebrate these AAA masterpieces around here or you are either a negative nancy, a "Cutter", "acerbic" or just a straight up troll or asshole (depending on who you ask).
Please do not disturb the latest AAA circle jerk and ruin these guys orgasms.
The Division is totally awesome, of course, as is Star Wars Battlefront. How can you not see the awesomeness that is oozing from every pore?

boohooooo booohooohohooohohoooo u lame ass h8ters!!!1111

News Comments > Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused
55. Re: Romero Apr 29, 2016, 21:32 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 21:10:
Beamer wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 17:03:
Doombringer wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 16:01:

And the "bitch" campaign was supposedly helmed by a woman advert/marketing lead, so there's that.

Mike Wilson is a woman now? Or is this more "let's blame woman for interfering with gaming?"

Mike Wilson was responsible. For anyone that knows Mike Wilson, this makes sense. Romero reportedly hated it, but that's reported in hindsight. Regardless, it was Wilson's idea. He most certainly is not a woman.

Didn't Mike Wilson helm G.O.D. at the time? I didn't think Ion Storm worked for G.O.D.? I'm pretty sure it was Eidos?

No. G.O.D was founded in January 1998. Daikatana, however, was originally scheduled for a xmas release in 1997 (yup... it was three years late when it released in Y2K ). The whole bitch thing was an early advertisement from 1997 so prior to the founding of G.O.D.
You are correct that Eidos was the gig doing Daikatana.

From here:

There we were, casually flipping through our favorite gaming magazine, and suddenly, POW! Like a kick to the jimmies, it was there: a bright red page with giant black letters, screaming "John Romero's About to Make You His Bitch." No screenshots, no game name, just an Eidos logo, an Ion Storm logo, and small text that added: "Suck it Down." It was the first game advertisement for Daikatana, hyping the game for a Christmas '97 release. Gamers everywhere had been challenged by the co-creator of DOOM in a campaign that hyped his name more than the game.

There were two ways it could've gone from there. Had Daikatana come out that holiday season and bowled over gamers as planned, all would've been forgiven. After all, Romero's name had weight; he was the most outspoken member of a team that had created the most incredible PC games of their time. Smack-talk was part of the culture he himself helped to create.

Clearly, this is the hair of a man acquainted with Pro V Vitamins.
But instead, Daikatana came out three years later in 2000 -- two game engines and a staff of about a hundred burned out employees later. By which time the pre-hyping was embarrassing ... and probably led to even harsher than necessary reviews of an admittedly mediocre game.

News Comments > Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters
4. Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 29, 2016, 21:23 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 21:03:
We have great plans for the future of The Division, and for these to succeed we must make sure to provide a smooth high-quality experience.

And the way you made sure of that was to program a game where the client data was trusted? Yeah, that seems legit.

I'm going to say that you had great plans for your wallets, and for those plans to succeed, you programmed the Division as cheaply as you possibly could.

Nail. Head. The end.

53. Re: Romero Apr 29, 2016, 20:27 CJ_Parker

Doombringer wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 16:01:
Romero doesn't have any more "pull" or "cred" than, say, Chris Roberts -- and what was the last great thing that Chris did? Privateer or something? How many years ago? And, he was involved pretty heavily with the Wing Commander feature film, which was a stinker compared to the narrative in the games? How many failed ventures did Chris have, including Digital Anvil? Yet Chris raised a TON of Kickstarter dough with just a handful of dreams and wishes. He and Romero were (and probably still are) a lot alike, especially at the point when they both made a Kickstarter for a passion project.

Can't say I agree with that. No matter what you may think of the CR of today (I've come to dislike him as well), his historic achievements are several leagues above Romero.
CR was largely responsible for the entire Wing Commander saga (minus Prophecy), Privateer saga, Strike Commander, Starlancer and also did some design work on Ultima V or Times of Lore.

Doom might have kind of started the whole 3D FPS thing but id's games really don't even come close to living up to classics like the Origin games.
id games were always more like graphical showcases and games you bought just for the visual spectacle and to see what's state of the art but they never came close to the awesomeness of Origin's games which managed to combine great visuals, great gameplay and great narratives. id games had awesome visuals, simple gameplay and no story even worth mentioning.

Heck, I very well remember how id described their MO when coming up with a "story". They said they just create the levels and then basically three days before release put them in some order with a bit of narrative thrown in.

Seriously... John Romero = greenkeeper, Chris Roberts (of the 1990s) = Tiger Woods. No real contest between the two.

News Comments > Lionhead Closed
19. Re: Lionhead Closed Apr 29, 2016, 16:00 CJ_Parker

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 14:32:
Hopefully M$ will give it to another developer, but who knows. Their gaming division seems to be full of monkeys banging on keyboards.

Not just the gaming division. The entire Microsoft corporation is monkeys banging on keyboards. With their asses.

36. Re: Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused Apr 29, 2016, 15:18 CJ_Parker

Angrius Maximis wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 13:00:
131,000 dollars proves that idiots and suckers are born every day

Agree. If Romero needs funds then let him sell one of his fucking Ferraris he always loved to show off with in the 90s. Or maybe he could save some cash by not spending it on black nail polish like a cheap slut. There's definitely no reason to give this guy any money up front. He should have more than enough dough to kickstart this gig and if he doesn't then that's a good reason against supporting him except if you want to help fund another Lambo or Ferrari for this clown.

News Comments > Battleborn Launch Trailer
7. Re: Battleborn Launch Trailer Apr 29, 2016, 11:55 CJ_Parker

I like it when simple people find simple solutions. Good job, bro!  

5. Re: Battleborn Launch Trailer Apr 29, 2016, 11:19 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 11:11:
What's with the hate?

Hate is a bit of a strong word but yeah fuck this casual garbage mediocrity crap.

If games like these become successful then it means less games like The Witcher (which already is one of a kind unfortunately) and more simple games like Battleborn and Overwatch because we all know how the industry works with their stupid bandwagoning.

9. Re: Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused Apr 29, 2016, 11:10 CJ_Parker

Jamil20 wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 11:07:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 10:42:
Dude? Do you even know how KS works?

Don't answer. I can tell you don't.

You need to put a couple more points into Perception. I didn't give any money, just wondering if people get their money back who did. Sounds like the answer is no.

Goddamit dude... get a clue and put some (well, A LOT) points in Intelligence. People do not even get charged until the last day of the Kickstarter. No one spent any money here (yet). If you knew how KS works (people only get charged upon successful funding) then you wouldn't have to ask such a retarded question like "do people get their monies back?".

Information. It's out there. Go try obtaining some next time.

2. Re: Battleborn Launch Trailer Apr 29, 2016, 11:07 CJ_Parker

Why take time off for casual garbage? The entire beauty of casual garbage is that you can "enjoy" it even with limited time.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 29, 2016, 10:59 CJ_Parker

Cortana, the first thing that's gonna get da boot out da door when/if I upgrade to Win 10, that piece of shit.

Well, or among the first. It's going to be tough deciding whether to first flush Cortana, the Shitbox app or the fucking Store crap.
Someone needs to write a tool that does away with all three simultaneously and a "Yippie, your OS is now 50% less retarded!" message at the end. Pretty please with sugar on top?

5. Re: Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused Apr 29, 2016, 10:42 CJ_Parker

Jamil20 wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 10:31:
Do people get their money back?

Dude? Do you even know how KS works?

Don't answer. I can tell you don't.

4. Re: Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused Apr 29, 2016, 10:42 CJ_Parker

They clearly know what the fuck they are doing over there.  

News Comments > DOOM Single-Player Video
1. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 28, 2016, 19:25 CJ_Parker

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Gotta love how everything is extra large and zoomed in so the console n00bs can hit shit, too.

Not touching this garbage with a ten foot pole. Maybe when it's $2.99 on Steam one day and I'm bored of all the other pr0n.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta
9. Re: Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta Apr 27, 2016, 21:41 CJ_Parker

LittleMe wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 20:46:
The game came out almost six months ago. Sure there will be a modding community but they really missed their own boat! They can't hire more programmers so they don't look like amateurs?

Amateurs, dude? Seriously? OK. Let's hear it. Name one other AAA dev that releases similarly comprehensive, well working, well documented, user friendly mod tools for their AAA games.

*crickets*

Yup. I thought so, too.

Seriously, this shit just takes time. Most people here can not even begin to imagine the mountain of work that goes into providing mod tools of that quality. I'm not even a Fallout fan and won't ever play FO4 but credit where credit is due, man. Bethesda is an amazing company when it comes to community mod tools.

News Comments > Northgard Announced
5. Re: Northgard Announced Apr 26, 2016, 20:25 CJ_Parker

d00d srsly r u drunk????!?!?!?

TVEC had photorealistic graphics. This game has Mickey Mouse graphics.

'nuff sed

News Comments > Northgard Announced
2. Re: Northgard Announced Apr 26, 2016, 14:14 CJ_Parker

Yeppers. No Mickey Mouse vikings, por favor, amigo, capisce??!?  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 26, 2016, 09:59 CJ_Parker

Gaaaawwwwwddd his already annoying, nasal voice is even more nasal and annoying in this episode than usual. Seriously, man... how can you NOT want to play a game of blow-up-the-nasal-croaking-frog with this asshole?  

News Comments > John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter
26. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 19:27 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:22:
bigspender wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:19:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:02:
BLACKROOM is metal. It features a new soundtrack and compositions by acclaimed metal guitarist George Lynch, frequently cited as one of the best metal guitarists in the world.

I'm pretty sure Slash from Guns N' Roses is one of the best metal guitarists in the world. His solo part in November Rain is crazy!

I dunno if most people would define Guns N' Roses as metal. It's more somewhere between Glam and Hard rock. Not that it takes away from the November rain solo.
Although now that I think about many of the bands Lynch was in are very glam rock too. *shrugs*

What I really came here to do is, to say that this game will be an epic fail.

I don't think "Welcome to the Jungle" is glam rock. That's what John Conner listened to while he was being stalked by the Terminator! That's pretty metal.

Dude. John Connor and the song was 'You Could Be Mine' (with one of the best drum/bass opening thunderstorms ever!).

3323 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo