Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4019 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > 2K Financial Results - GTA5 Passes 80M Sales
4. Re: 2K Financial Results - GTA5 Passes 80M Sales May 23, 2017, 10:30 CJ_Parker

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 23, 2017, 09:35:
So why not implement a proper anti cheat system then, from all this money?

cuz you can sell 80 million without a proper anti cheat system and also without treating PC gamers with a minimum of respect so why not?
I'd maximize profits, too, if I were dealing with sheep and lemmings who throw money at my product even if I treat some of my customers as second class plebs and if I can so easily get away with zilch support.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 5's Montana Setting Revealed
1. Re: Far Cry 5's Montana Setting Revealed May 22, 2017, 20:29 CJ_Parker

Montana don't have no Hope County (I googled it) so fuck this bullshit!  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 21, 2017, 11:36 CJ_Parker

Ah so there is the confirmation that the w0rm was programmed and spread by Spycrosoft (credit to the dude whose name I forgot for this one) to force another upgrade wave.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend
11. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend May 20, 2017, 16:10 CJ_Parker

Hahahaha the red-eyed troll is prolly laughing his ass off that people fell for his bullshit.

But come on guys... has there EVER been a free CoD weekend where single player or zombies was included? Right. So why should this one be any different?

The only free trials that I know of that let you play the entire SP campaign are some of the games that you can find on Origin under demos and free trial (e.g. BF4 where you can actually easily play through the campaign a couple dozen times in the 168 hours they are giving you).

News Comments > Flight Sim World Early Access
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2017, 15:39 CJ_Parker

Rigs wrote on May 19, 2017, 15:03:
They must think simmers are so desperate they'll take anything...and to an extent they're right

Yeppers. To a very large extent. X-Plane 11 still suffers from substantial weaknesses but will hopefully improve with time just as FSW here. Simmers (civi simmers at least) have mighty little choice.
It's either X-Plane or ancient FSX-SE or P3D (which isn't even legal to use for most people) or... yes, FSW now. That's it. And they all come with long lists of pros and cons.

The add-on market for FSX is still asking crazy prices (the default price for just about every larger add-on is $50) and there is often harsh DRM on these programs, too, while sales are very rare and only happen around the holiday season - if that (e.g. good luck waiting for a sale on Professional Flight Planner, it just doesn't budge at all).
So, yeah, the simmers are in fact desperate enough to take it up the a from all sides because there is so little choice.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers
23. Re: Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers May 19, 2017, 15:20 CJ_Parker

Bundy wrote on May 19, 2017, 14:52:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 19, 2017, 10:37:
Definitely no (single player) demo and/or no free (multiplayer) trial = no buy

You must not buy many games. Both these are becoming a rarity. Especially single player demos.

It depends on the game and storefront. As the other dude whom I referred to indirectly pointed out, most storefronts except Blizztard's fucking Shittynet, of course, have a refund policy so you can effectively demo the game (the Prey guys from Arkane even outright suggested using Steam refunds for a 2 hour demo).

Origin has some super-generous demos and trials of many of their games and a super-generous refund policy (demos/trials being a rarity is a myth of elitist Steam clowns who only use Steam exclusively but as I said even there you can get a 2 hour demo via the refund "workaround").

Only greedy fucking Blizztard doesn't have any of that, of course. That is why a free demo or trial is absolutely mandatory for this casual shit game.
Well, either that, or maybe they could catch up with the year of the lord 2017 and update their Shittynet client to include basic customer features like refunds. Just an idea.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers
4. Re: Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers May 19, 2017, 10:37 CJ_Parker

Definitely no (single player) demo and/or no free (multiplayer) trial = no buy  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Gameplay Trailer
18. Re: Destiny 2 Gameplay Trailer May 19, 2017, 08:24 CJ_Parker

bigspender wrote on May 19, 2017, 06:32:
Those 15-20minute gameplay streams from youtubers look so boring!

And what does that tell us about the game? Yes. That.

Demo or $4.99 sale plz

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer
2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer May 17, 2017, 12:03 CJ_Parker

If the gameplay is as good as the graphics then this is a GOTY candidate.  

News Comments > MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG
5. Re: MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG May 16, 2017, 10:05 CJ_Parker

Bundy wrote on May 16, 2017, 09:59:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 16, 2017, 09:45:
Hard to get excited for anything Microsoft is doing/planning.

Yes, yes. I know. This is blues. M$ is evil, blah blah.

They're worse than evil. They are evil and retarded. That's the most dangerous combo there is.

And they have Phil Spencer, the overlord of lies, deceit, treachery and stupidity.

Microsoft (for PC gamers) is like when the shit hits the fan except it's more like a Brontosaurus pile of shit hitting an aircraft turbine. nowutimsayin?

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Announced
1. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Announced May 16, 2017, 09:30 CJ_Parker

Gameplay muthafuckas???  

News Comments > MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG
1. Re: MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG May 16, 2017, 09:21 CJ_Parker

Do you love MMOs? Are you excited about Virtual Reality?

Nope and nope, Mickeysoft.

/nextplz

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 May 14, 2017, 16:35 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 14, 2017, 15:31:
I didn't get any the DLC yet, seems like mostly fluff.

Wrrrrrrrrrroooooonnnnngggg.

Ironically, the Beyond the Walls DLC seems to be the best part of HF2 if you go by the reviews.
The Freedom Fighter bundle ($11.99) including this DLC is only $2 more than the base game. Your loss, brah, unless you refund and buy the right product.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale on June 22?
7. Re: Steam Summer Sale on June 22? May 14, 2017, 15:15 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on May 14, 2017, 14:17:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 14, 2017, 12:02:
In related BREAKING NEWS and I know what a daredevil I am but I am calling it RIGHT NOW anyway: Steam will have a xmas sale this year starting on December 21 or 22. I'm fully aware it's an insanely batshit crazy guess but there you have it.

Do you...do you work for the CIA???

Among others, yes. I am actually a quintuple agent cuz no risk, no fun!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 May 14, 2017, 12:21 CJ_Parker

It deserves its second "me too" spot cuz that's exactly what it is. A "me too" game in a sea of BioShock Remastered, Dishonored, Thief, Deus Ex and SystemShock remakes as well as many wannabe "horror" games.

It ain't totally bad but this copy'n'paste job doesn't hold a candle to the originals, especially the first BioShock or Shock 2.
It's kinda fun while it lasts but it lacks anything unique or memorable.

No one will be talking about this game in a year from now. Fun but forgettable. A fast food game. An in-between snack.... *buuuurrrrpppp* *wipemouth* aaaaannnnndddd /nextplz.

News Comments > Alan Wake Sunset Sale Underway
1. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale Underway May 14, 2017, 12:03 CJ_Parker

Please don't come back up, Alan Wake sun.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale on June 22?
1. Re: Steam Summer Sale on June 22? May 14, 2017, 12:02 CJ_Parker

In related BREAKING NEWS and I know what a daredevil I am but I am calling it RIGHT NOW anyway: Steam will have a xmas sale this year starting on December 21 or 22. I'm fully aware it's an insanely batshit crazy guess but there you have it.  

News Comments > Alan Wake Sunset Sale
13. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 13, 2017, 06:24 CJ_Parker

One of the shittiest console ports in the history of video games. Won't be missed. Good fucking riddance.  

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
37. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 11, 2017, 11:44 CJ_Parker

NKD wrote on May 11, 2017, 10:51:
I mean I've got more hours in it than I probably have in all the previous ME games combined...

Duuuuude? 589 hours in Mass Effect An-fookin-dromeda? And you have the nerve to call me "retarded"?

And like I said, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one around here who gave it high praise, so it's far from true that everyone here was circlejerking the game and CJ was the lone voice of dissent like he wants to pretend.

You were by far not the only one. I got completely steamrolled by a whole bunch of people when I dared to criticize the super-awesome Mass Effect Andromeda, the best game of all times (two months ago). Some folks accused me of not even playing the game when I said repeatedly that I played the full 10 hour trial.
Others said 10 hours is by far not enough to even begin to grasp the epic awesomeness of this masterpiece that will shape the future landscape of gaming and put classic BioWare back on the map as well as heal cancer.

There was barely anyone else who criticized the game beyond the facial animations when that is in reality the least (because merely cosmetic) issue of the game.

Anyway, it is pretty typical how, once soberness has set in, all the cheerleaders do not want to know anything about their hyped up praise anymore when it turns out a couple months later that the game wasn't as well received as their kool-aid had them believe.
Like, when in doubt, it's always better to praise it and be a member of the kewl kidz club than admit it's garbage, right?

Come on. You know it to be true. It happens all the time except when a game really is a true classic and actually deserves the praise like The Witcher 3 does.

But other than that, there are so many games that were hyped for a couple of weeks and then a few months later people, including the media, come out of the woodwork admitting it wasn't as good and they write postmortems about overrating and overhyping.

Creston here is a good example for that whole phenomenon because at ME:A release he was massively under the influence of the kool-aid... which I find surprising in his case. He is usually quite a critical person with somewhat decent taste even so I was kind of puzzled why he gave EA/Bio such a massive pass for their mediocrity. Must be some old days BioWare fanboyism or something... I didn't get it. But as we can see now, the tune has changed after the kool-aid has left the system.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 11, 2017, 11:16 CJ_Parker

Prey review is pretty much spot on including the score. There is some silly hype surrounding this game just cuz it's a little bit reminiscent of BioShock.

The problem is it's generously speaking only about half as good and a tad too much of a copycat in many places.

The PC version should actually get an additional -1 subtracted and be rated 5/10 due to the atrocious UI (by far the worst UI in years on PC... even ME:A UI looks'n'feels competent by comparison). There's also various other consolitis bullshit.

The atmosphere as well as the upgrade and skill systems are pretty good but other than that it is pure mediocrity.

The story is so cliche and predictable, sheesh, January = Atlas and of course no one is quite who he/she seems to be. Arkane have failed completely at creating even a hint of a shroud of mystery.

The writing is almost as garbage and shallow as ME:A. I'm glad that even a mainstream gig like GameSpot not only recognizes it but, in spite of big wig Bethesda, actually calls them out for it, instead of kissing butt as usual. Good job for a change.

In terms of gameplay, the mimicry and gimmickry gets old rather quickly which is exacerbated by the endless respawns that suck just as much as in BioShock when you had to backtrack and enemies reappeared all over the place. It's even more tiring here cuz you have to pass certain areas a gazillion times, like if you head back to your office.

So congrats to GameSpot for slapping the mediocrity score on this game that it deserves. Well done. Please keep up the critical analysis instead of being AAA hype sheeple mouthpieces like most media. This review almost hearkens back to the good old times of Desslock and Greg Kasavin when critical thinking was still allowed instead of nowadays' default cheerleading hype for every AAA release.

4019 Comments. 201 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo