Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3816 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
19. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 4, 2017, 13:49 CJ_Parker

Bumpy wrote on Feb 4, 2017, 06:37:
What WGM needs to bring back is the much better compatibility and ability to run older games.

Keep dreaming. The only thing it will bring is more hideous spying that can not be disabled, not even on Pro versions.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Feb 2, 2017, 21:11 CJ_Parker

Retired wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 21:06:
They did this on a BETA weekend for Wildlands!? Do their divisions talk to each other?

Who cares except maybe a handful of people who are at most remotely interested in these casual garbage games? Both games are a complete waste of bandwidth and valuable gaming time that could be spent much better with something decent even if it meant replaying something decent for the umpteenth time.

News Comments > ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit
35. Re: On Sale Feb 2, 2017, 14:36 CJ_Parker

Xirgu wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 10:55:
not sure where all this doom and gloom comes from. lots of companies throwing money at vr.. for board room/meeting systems, medical training, engineering has been using VR forever, some companies selling houses have vr tours, etc etc.. all niche areas but lots of them, I even saw a working demo of a system to treat people having anxiety disorders. gaming is slowly picking up too, with consoles having VR..its just new.

This is all very much correct and I do not think that anyone here is saying that VR does not have its uses and purposes outside of gaming but as far as gaming is concerned it's a fad. It's a hype that has already all but died since it is no longer dominating gaming news. It is already on a steep decline towards insignificance.
Suckerjerk never bought OR for VR's gaming capabilities anyway. Suckerjerk gives zero fucks about gaming. He wants to have a foot in the door in case VR takes off in the social media landscape. That is all.

But in gaming it just won't take off. For it to take off you'd have to convince the console peasants that it's fun to strap shit to your head while slouched on the couch for hours. Not gonna happen. A console peasant can barely be bothered to reach for the next beer when they lazily lie down for some CoD in front of their TV. With a VR headset they wouldn't even be able to hit their breathing mouth with the beer bottle. So how the fuck would that ever work? See. You gotta think practical.

People might strap shit to their head in professional capacities because they are used to it or have to do it. VR will certainly find its commercial uses. But as far as gaming is concerned, nope.
They'd have to find a way to make it work with wireless latency-free goggles that are at most as large as regular glasses (look at how many people hate wearing glasses even). Only then might it have a slight chance of carving out more than a niche in gaming...

News Comments > WBIE Announcement Tease
6. Re: WBIE Announcement Tease Feb 2, 2017, 14:20 CJ_Parker

Quinn wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 12:32:
WB won't make another Batman game for PC so hold your horses. We fucked it up with our neverending whining about Arkham Knight. A game, btw, that ran perfectly fine considering its awesome graphics if only you just turned of those fucking Nvidia excluse features.

Since I'm a smart person (which everyone here knows by now), I waited the usual xx months before picking up Arkham Knight, nicely patched and GOTY bundled. The game ran perfectly fine for me even without turning off those "fucking Nvidia [sic] excluse [sic] features".
Quite the contrary. I ran it maxed out in 1440p and it was flawless. 'Twas easily one of the best games I have played in the last five years and I mean best looking and best gameplay both. A totally awesome ride (literally thx to da Batmobile, bruhhh! )!

29. Re: On Sale Feb 2, 2017, 10:38 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 08:10:
The Internet took well over a decade to gain ground, and nearly 20 years before it gained ANY traction, despite obvious uses...

The Internet has the distinct advantage though that you don't need to strap it to your head while looking like a fucking retard and being blocked from all outside (visual) interaction.
VR will always stay niche as long as it requires unwieldy goggles. It's human nature to not want to wear something unwieldy and ugly on your head.
Case in point: Biking. Look at how many people still ride their bikes without a helmet because they feel it is ugly and constricting even though it MASSIVELY improves safety in an accident scenario where you fall on your head.

Nope. VR ain't goin' nowhere. It will end up being the same fad as 20 years ago when everyone was dreaming about holodecks and shit like that. Like that ever happened...
It will die just like surround gaming or stereoscopic 3D has died (or how it has become a negligible niche, poorly supported by the drivers with no improvements or bug fixes in sight).

VR is dead in the water right now. The hardware was disappointing. The software support even more so. The hype is gone. It's doomed a.k.a fucked.

News Comments > EU Probing Steam and Others for Region Blocking Games
1. Re: EU Probing Steam and Others for Region Blocking Games Feb 2, 2017, 10:26 CJ_Parker

Right on. It's high time someone took the fuckers from Valve to town over this. I hope they get fined billions. They really need a wake-up call to pull their lazy fingers out of their ass.
While they are at it, they should also be forced to implement age verification into Steam so publishers in e.g. Australia or Germany can still sell "banned" games to people who are M or 18+. They've been talking about something like this for over a decade and nothing has happened because those Valve fucks have become lazy and saturated. Valve's motto: Why do actual customer-friendly work if you can be a lazy fuck and still rake in the beeeeelllions? Fuck those clowns. It's high time for a massive wake-up call.

6. Re: ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit Feb 1, 2017, 21:02 CJ_Parker

BWWWAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Take that, Suckerjerk! Middlefinger Nahnah Mwahaha

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas 2 Rumor Follow-up
4. Re: Fallout New Vegas 2 Rumor Follow-up Feb 1, 2017, 09:23 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 21:16:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 20:33:
I sure as hell thought so. I would have been highly surprised if Bethesda gave those ungrateful, incompetent fucks any business ever again.

New Vegas sold like 11 million copies. Yeah, Bethesda would HATE another half a billion dollars in sales.

That said, it'd suck if this was untrue. I was actually pretty excited about the idea of Fallout:LA

Yep. That's what I'm afraid of... that Bethesda might give Obshittian business again because of the mighty $$$. I hope they won't budge. Obshittian had their chance to work on FO again and all they did was shit all over Bethesda complaining about being abused as slaves and how everything was oh so horrible. Then why even do it? No one held a gun to their incompetent dumb shitheads, right? If you can't stand working with a publisher then do your Kickstarters, make your mediocre D&D wannabe clones like PoE or Tranny and STFU, Obshittian. Heat -> kitchen -> fuck off if you can't deal with it, Feggit Quirkyhead & co.

News Comments > EA Financials
11. Re: EA Financials Feb 1, 2017, 09:16 CJ_Parker

DangerDog wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 04:16:
Slick wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 01:00:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 00:27:
Battlefield™ 1 was our biggest Battlefield launch ever and has a player base more than 50% larger than that of Battlefield 4™ in its comparable launch quarter.

Gee, do something unique and interesting, and do it well, and people flock to you. Who knew?

Bf1 is only unique in the context of the current near-future warfare fad. FPS games had a golden age of world-war era titles, shit the first battlefield game was 1942.

I say bring back the 2142 era, it was unique.

remember all those easter eggs in BF3 for BF2143, then EA got the Star Wars license and DICE seemed to have killed off that plan, two sci-fi games competing with each other. I would rather have had BF2143 than the Star Wars game.

Nope. Star Wars game is generally fine but they should have made a proper one instead of that casual quarter-assed Battlefront garbage.

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas 2 Rumor Follow-up
1. Re: Fallout New Vegas 2 Rumor Follow-up Jan 31, 2017, 20:33 CJ_Parker

I sure as hell thought so. I would have been highly surprised if Bethesda gave those ungrateful, incompetent fucks any business ever again.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
23. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 30, 2017, 16:10 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 15:51:
Again it still could be fixing a problem that really doesn't exist anymore. How many of us have accidentally had a two games running at the same time and didn't notice and then thought... wow I can alt tab between games and both run great?

Ummm... wat? ADS much? That kind of shit is seriously happening to you guys? All I can say it has definitely never ever happened to me that I ran two games at the same time. Why the fuck or how the fuck could that even happen if you are paying just the tiniest li'l bit of attention to what the fuck you are actually doing?

Not possible for me. I know it sounds crazy but my Windows has this super-special feature that is called a taskbar. And I also have this super-weird anatomical feature that is called a muscle in my neck that can make my head tilt forward so I can, like, lower my view and actually look at the taskbar at my running programs! I know... insane! But I swear I'm not shittin' ya!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 30, 2017, 14:21 CJ_Parker

The sole reason for "game mode" is more spying and more tracking of our gaming habits (like Steam does). Microsoft is pissed off that there are people like me who have immediately uninstalled the store, the Shitbox app and the game bar. So how do you sneak your spyware shit back in through the backdoor? Right. You create a "game mode" and hope that people won't notice or disable this garbage.  

News Comments > Torment Stretch Goal Changes
37. Re: Torment Stretch Goal Changes Jan 30, 2017, 13:03 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 11:00:
I'm still a bit disappointed that D:OS cut many Stretch Goals and I know they will be doing that again. It is one of those things of... wow we blew through the first stage, we can get a lot more upfront which is always good, what can we add? Then that whole game begins.

In defense of Larian Studios it needs to be said that they learned their fucking lesson. The D:OS II stretch goals were very modest and should quite easily be achieved and delivered.
Of course, Larian's absolutely correct conservative approach after the D:OS feature cut debacle had the averse effect that some tards were disappointed in the totally correct modesty of the stretch goals.
It's like some people were almost begging to be cheated, baited and defrauded like "OMG please give us some pie in the sky unobtainable stretch goals that you will never deliver anyway just so I can jack off over my pledge". Ummm... yeah. Whatever, man.

News Comments > Deus Ex Series Hiatus?
24. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 12:53 CJ_Parker

vrok wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 12:31:
Good. I'm tired of mediocre games ruining the Deus Ex name.

^ this

They might as well cancel the series at this point. Don't give a shit. The first one was awesome and everything that came after was garbage, exacerbated by extremely retarded and shitty publisher decisions like the whole DXHR DC fuck-up.

31. Re: Torment Stretch Goal Changes Jan 30, 2017, 05:35 CJ_Parker

Nucas wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 05:00:
Kosumo wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 02:44:
Coming from Jerykk, who for years was pro software piracy ..... leader of the 'I pirate it now and pay what I think it is worth when I want' brigade. i.e. let the publishers take the risk, steal the software, then, if I want, pay a minimal amount when and if I feel like it .... 'If I think it is worth it'

That was his logic then, is that still the right logic?

I like Jerykk, smart guy, has interesting views on gaming and games but please, lets not 'forget' about the years and years he justified software piracy.

this is completely irrelevant and has no bearing on his view on kickstarter; a view that is, incidentally, correct.

It is only correct for the illiterate and mentally challenged deplorables who can't even read a simple text on a Kickstarter website. inXile promised and assured people of certain shit. Shit did not happen. Fraud happened. End of story.

Come on, man. Simple as fuck, really.

15. Re: Torment Stretch Goal Changes Jan 29, 2017, 16:57 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 15:56:
If you back a Kickstarter and expect that the release date and stretch goals are part of an ironclad contract, you've already missed the point.

Nope. You just need to read their shitty lies. First sentence on the Torment KS page...

Now it’s up to us to create and deliver the RPG experience we have described, the game you have asked for.

Not much wiggle room in there. It doesn't say "now it's time for us to maybe create and maybe even deliver the RPG experience we might have described, although we reserve the right to make Barbie Adventures instead".

... or specifically under the header "Stretch Goals" it says...

We're putting every dollar raised into Torment's development (and reward fulfillment), while holding true to the pillars we've described. Improvements go beyond what is easily explained in Stretch Goals, but here are some specific ways we'll enhance the game.

Welp, still doesn't say "might" or "maybe" anywhere in there. It even says crazy shit like "holding true" and "pillars" (you know, things that are usually not subject to change).

... or further down the page...

And along these lines we've abandoned the typical developer/publisher model and placed our future in the hands of RPG gamers. We've embraced the crowd in every aspect. YOU are our publisher...and you are the best publisher we've ever worked with!

What a bunch of fucking ass-backwards bullshit. WE are the publisher and THEY get to cancel shit left, right and center? Yup. Sounds legit.

... but it gets even better...

This process allows us to create the games exactly the way you want to see them. There is a purity of development when we can spend 100% of our efforts making the game with an open dialogue throughout the process. We'll start with a strong vision document that details our sensibilities, and from there we'll stay in sync with you, from concept through the execution of the ideas.

L to the O to the L

Finally, check out the Risks & Challenges section. Not a single word about maybe not being able to deliver. Quite the contrary. It is filled with assurances that everything will be awesome and no cuts will have to be made (plus some incredible lies about the schedule in hindsight)...

As you all know, we’re not making widgets—video games are complex projects (not that all widgets are simple). Fortunately, we collectively have more than 80 years of experience in managing them. Given our great progress in developing Wasteland 2, our experience with the technology, and our approach to Torment’s design and production, we are confident in our ability to provide our backers with a quality game deserving of the Torment name.

Torment’s schedule has been designed to maximize both planning (preproduction) and polishing. This extended preproduction period controls costs and increases quality because we’ll have a very well-defined product before production begins. Our target release date of December 2014 allows us 14 months for production and finalization. (In comparison, Wasteland 2 had 12 months, and Mask of the Betrayer had nine.) Furthermore, various systems and tools developed for Wasteland 2 will be used or adapted for Torment, saving development time and budget.

With a longer schedule, you might wonder how we’ll be able to create Torment if it receives less funding than Wasteland 2 did. First, Torment's story is being designed to be highly modular and scalable. This approach not only lets us increase game reactivity and replayability, but it also let us keep the game's scope flexible. At our target funding, we’ll be able to deliver a complete and satisfying game and as funding increases above the target, Torment will continue to grow in depth and size.

So please save your lawyer talk bullshit of "you are just giving them money for a vague idea that might happen or not".

This game is such a massive disappointment. Two decades late, a shitload of cut features, it originally was supposed to come out only on PC, Mac, Linux and now is also a console game (probably no correlation with the cut features at all, no, Sir, of course not), physical CE backers treated like lepers and the list goes on.
Also, lol @ whoever believes this will get a lot of post-release support. It won't. They got a Bard's Tale IV and a Wasteland 3 to "finish" with more cut features.
Even IF some shit still comes out later it's not much of a consolation for the peeps who have been waiting through the two decades of delays and now need to wait longer still for the full game.

P.S.: Some good fun in this thread. Thanks for the laughs!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 29, 2017, 13:56 CJ_Parker

Nice job, MSI. Really intelligent and well tested product design there. Sad thing is the stupid gamer kiddies will still buy into this shit.  

1. Re: Torment Stretch Goal Changes Jan 29, 2017, 13:53 CJ_Parker

Bwaaahahaha are they sucking ferious??? They delay da game by about two decades and then still deliver only half the shit? Sounds legit ho-humm.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 28, 2017, 20:46 CJ_Parker

afka Rossini wrote on Jan 28, 2017, 19:00:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 28, 2017, 18:26:
Ah, yes. The greatest quarterback of all times. 49ers 4ever!!!
At least until next Sunday. As much as I hate to admit it, if Brady wins next week, he'll supplant Montana as number one.

Not possible, dude. There is more to it than statistics and yards thrown and all that shit. There is also personality, presence on the field and charisma. Montana was a one of a kind leader and extremely versatile with nary a weakness. The guy is rightfully a fookin' legend.

Brady is an awesome QB but he ain't Montana. He's also not as versatile and thanks to how football has developed probably way less natural than Montana, i.e. I'm talking about doping. I'm not saying that Montana never did drugs but Brady has access to much better shit these days so Montana's achievements rate higher from a historical perspective.

The same goes for physical therapy and nutrition plans etc.
Everything is just so much more professional these days. Modern QBs have it a lot easier than Montana's generation and still most ain't able to hold a candle to JM's achievements or even if they can and get close, well, there's the insurmountable personality barrier. The modern clowns don't even begin to compare to DA LEGEND!

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 28, 2017, 18:26 CJ_Parker

Ah, yes. The greatest quarterback of all times. 49ers 4ever!!!  

3816 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo