Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4616 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Starfield Announced
8. Re: Starfield Announced Jun 11, 2018, 00:22 CJ_Parker

SirKnight wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:20:
If you were disappointed in what Microsoft showed off, then you need to just get out of casual gaming for dimwits.

FTFY bruh

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Starfield Announced
6. Re: Starfield Announced Jun 11, 2018, 00:18 CJ_Parker

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:50:
ShadowofWard wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:44:
This E3 was 99% disappointment and 1% ecstasy. This really might be the right time to give up gaming and maybe come back in 3 years.

He said, with about 75% of press conferences and 100% of the 3-day convention yet to take place...

... which means 75% more lies and 100% more reveals of casual crap and garbage and monetization schemes poorly hidden behind game interfaces... but mostly garbage, garbage and GARRRRRRRBITCH!!!11

News Comments > Battlefield V Video
10. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 10, 2018, 20:58 CJ_Parker

They'll add loot boxes and MTX out da a$$ about 6 - 12 months after release. Don't worry.  

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Revealed
9. Re: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Revealed Jun 9, 2018, 22:12 CJ_Parker

I have a hard time to be optimistic about a Star Wars game anymore but the setting is at least solid. Thanks for no clone wars and thanks for no Rei, Kylo or that retarded "NuJedaiii" shit.

The era between III and IV is still pretty unexplored and it's good to see they are giving it another chance in spite of the two so-so Force Unleashed games.

The title could even lead one to dream about a proper, somewhat mature game but I'm sure those dreams will be squashed to death under cartoon graphics and a teenage drama trailer once they reveal more.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 2 Plans
5. Re: Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 Plans Jun 9, 2018, 22:00 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 17:27:
EA you failed. Instead of making a proper single-player campaign (around 30+ hours), you tacked on a 5-hour entry into your gambling system disguised as a Star Wars video game.

Well, I think 30+ hours might be a bit too much. I don't think there is a single shooter in the history of gaming that had gameplay or a story engaging enough to warrant that kind of length.
The vast majority of FPS tend to get repetitive very quickly.

But I absolutely agree that the pathetic half-assed four hour campaign is definitely not enough. They should have gone for something between 8 - 12 hours. Since it does not look like they are willing to add to the campaign, they can shove their lies of "make this the best game we can possibly build".

Abandon it. No one gives a fuck about your garbage release anymore, EA. Feel free to be honest and concentrate your lame, half-assed efforts on the next Battlefront cash cow that Disney has ordered to be released with the next movie.

News Comments > TWIN MIRROR Announced
2. Re: TWIN MIRROR Announced Jun 9, 2018, 02:14 CJ_Parker

Wesp5 wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 00:39:
No mentioning of Vampyr? Is this not selling well or what?

Probably not. Peak simultaneous players today was under 10K which is abysmal for a new release on a Friday in the week of its release.

News Comments > Just Cause 4 Spied
3. Re: Just Cause 4 Spied Jun 8, 2018, 12:53 CJ_Parker

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 12:49:
Has Avalanche blown up in size lately, or should we be worried? Rage 2 and Just Cause 4 simultaneously is a tall order in itself, but there's also a new IP FPS they've teased for E3: https://twitter.com/chsundberg/status/1004363949662507009

Why? They can just reskin either game to become the other game, no? Other devs and publishers are doing it (like Ubi with their annual releases) so can they!

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
46. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Adds Multiplayer in July Jun 7, 2018, 04:51 CJ_Parker

007Bistromath wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 02:19:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 22:29:
Oh yeah? So you are telling me they had 50 aisles full of old games? Really?
You are somebody who doesn't really remember the 90s very well.

In the 90s, one of the main ways to find out about new games you might actually want was to look in a bargain bin somewhere and get a CD that said OVER 500 GAMES!!! on it.

Like 20 of those might be shareware games worth playing.

Then you never got registered versions because your parents were broke. :V

I remember all of that very well.

The original point was something completely different. The guy I was originally responding to said that retail stores with lots of shit games and Steam with lots of shit games on it is the same thing.

That's a bullshit comparison for many reasons but primarily because retail stores have always had limited space, limited stock, they cleaned up on a regular basis and sent leftover stock to those publishers who had a return policy and it was also much easier to identify stuff just by where it was.

Current (up to a few months old) releases in big boxes on display were only about two aisles. Then you had some extra displays, stacks, racks or boxes with discounted games, tons of shovelware, jewel cases (your 500 games collections) and so on.

However, you instinctively knew where to look if you were ready to buy either a full price game or a budget title.
But even if you didn't know but were ready for an impulse buy then you had to maybe sift through, what, two hundred or so games? Make it three hundred or four hundred if you wish, it doesn't matter since it pales in comparison to a digital store like Steam with its 20K+ games (according to SteamSpy).

Steam is totally different. It has all those thousands upon thousands of games while the inventory keeps growing and growing on a daily basis.
Cutter pretty much nailed it. If you want to compare it to retail then Steam is like a huge very unorganized, stuffed, cramped warehouse with a few well organized aisles and displays (the AAA stuff) and the rest is like a garbage dump where the delivery trucks just dumped the "boxes" into a random location but no one ever bothered putting them on shelves or on display.

34. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 22:29 CJ_Parker

MUGWUMP wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 22:02:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 21:32:

...That comparison is not very good at all because brick & mortar stores always kept a conservative stock of current games only in maybe an aisle or two at most...

What utter bullshit. Egghead/Babbages had ancient games even in the 90s when stuff on CDs was popular. They had whole isles full of shit like "You don't know Jack". Full isle of trivia and chess and other crap. Later on when BB actually had PC games 75% of them were shit.

You're full of shit.

Further...I can't believe you would rather have someone else determine what is appropriate for your consumption.

Oh yeah? So you are telling me they had 50 aisles full of old games? Really?

Granted, I live in Europe, and I can only tell you based on experiences from retail stores in the 90s around here.

Here, we usually had the two aisles of current releases that I mentioned and then the shovelware that I also mentioned in huge stacks or huge boxes.

Yes, there were a lot of games in there but they were stocked apart from the current stuff. It certainly was not thousands of games. Retail stores would have gone bankrupt left, right and center if every store had that many leftover copies as you suggested because not every publisher offered return policies. Talk about bullshit.

Finally, what do special interest games like chess, trivia etc. have to do with anything? That's not the topic here. Those games are usually very easy to identify by title even on Steam. We are talking about "real" games obviously. Talk about full of shit. Yup. Up yours, buddy.

24. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 21:32 CJ_Parker

DarkCntry wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 21:20:
Sacrifice wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 21:12:
I see a lot of complaints about shovelware on Steam. That may be true, but do people browse directly on Steam for new games? I just use gaming sites like Blues News to find games that I might like.

What I don't really understand is that people are getting so bent out of shape when it's really nothing different except instead of physical copies of shit games being on store shelves, we have digital copies of shit games on virtual shelves.

I can remember walking into various stores and seeing shit games all over the shelves back in the mid-90s, you didn't see me complain to the store, I just moved on and bought something that I wanted.

That comparison is not very good at all because brick & mortar stores always kept a conservative stock of current games only in maybe an aisle or two at most.

Steam's "stock" spans over a decade of game releases and thousands upon thousands of games.

For a more apt comparison, imagine a brick & mortar store that is filled to the brim with fifty aisles of game boxes and extra displays and shovelware out da azz.

Then try to find a good indie game, i.e. one of the underrated gems that is really awesome (no one here is arguing that finding GTA V is hard, I hope) but that is buried between other boxes about mid-way in aisle no. 37.

8. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 17:45 CJ_Parker

With that principle in mind, we've decided that the right approach is to allow everything onto the Steam Store, except for things that we decide are illegal, or straight up trolling.

Yippie!!! Even moar garbitch to sift through... yeeeehhhaaaa EXACTLY what everyone asked for! Awesome job there, Valve! No, really. Good goin'. Even better thinkin'. I love it already!!!

What I love even more is that Valve is now above the international law since only THEY decide what is illegal. This is great news and means we can get rid of all worldwide legal systems now cuz we have Valve to decide what's right and what's not.

The old and new Valve motto: In dubio pro el dinero*.

* yes, maggots, I know that that was a mix of Latin and Spanish and that the correct Latin phrase would be 'In dubio pro pecunia'.

News Comments > Blizzard Reveals "Unannounced Diablo Project"
24. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 13:33 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 09:53:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 01:58:
I would not rule out Diablo 4. After they turned Diablo 3 basically into merely a prettier looking Diablo 2 they might as well redo Diablo 2 again plus loot boxes.

How did they do that? It's been ages since I've played either, so I don't really recall any significant differences (other than way more setpieces in 3), and never followed up with changes to 3.

They did that by taking out the RMAH and the big loot patch (2.0 or whatever it was) that came with the expansion or shortly before that.

Nuances aside, Diablo 3 plays like a graphically enhanced Diablo 2. The only minor innovation in gameplay is the partially destructible environment where you can e.g. make chandeliers drop on enemies.
Otherwise it's the same old loot clickfest as ever.

There is definitely nothing in Diablo 3 now that remotely warrants the long break between 2 and 3 and I doubt that only the shitty RMAH added all those years.
Iterating and reiterating my ass... the core of Diablo 3 could have been a sequel that came out two years after Diablo 2 no problem.

News Comments > Blizzard Reveals "Unannounced Diablo Project"
14. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 01:58 CJ_Parker

I would not rule out Diablo 4. After they turned Diablo 3 basically into merely a prettier looking Diablo 2 they might as well redo Diablo 2 again plus loot boxes.

People don't even want anything different. Seems everyone is perfectly happy with Diablo 2 rehashes. The dumber and simpler, the better. Just click, click, click and smoke weed.

So why waste time and risk to miss billion$ in case loot boxes get the gambling ban hammer or some shit like that? Even Blizztard might be able to put the pedal to the medal in such an environment as we have right now and crank out Diablo 4 sooner than expected with a nice GaaS business model... base game for $69.99 and then one expansion after another for $49.99/piece plus new characters for $29.99/dude and loot boxes galore.

News Comments > Paradox Interactive Acquiring Harebrained Schemes
1. Re: Paradox Interactive Acquiring Harebrained Schemes Jun 5, 2018, 21:08 CJ_Parker

There goes another one. It was nice knowing you, HBS, and thanks for BattleTech but I'm not touching any Paradox DLC milking orgy with a ten foot pole. Fuck that publisher. They are shittier than EA by a couple thousand dung heaps at least.

Buh-bye!

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Next Month
3. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Next Month Jun 4, 2018, 22:17 CJ_Parker

Kudos to THQ/Nordick for once again giving existing owners a free copy of a remaster...

and also once again a HUGE FUCK YOU FART in the general direction of the greedy fucksticks at From Software and Bandit Namcocks (Dork Soles Remastered = $20 for existing owners who received one of the shittiest PC ports in the history of gaming in the first place... FUCK YOU FUCKING FUCKERS! ).

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Two This Month
20. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Two This Month Jun 2, 2018, 15:23 CJ_Parker

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 2, 2018, 14:11:
Nimh wrote on Jun 2, 2018, 13:22:
The game-play loops are so ridiculously broken that 'gold rushes' are often found and then later patched out. Recent example were skimmer missions. Basically you log in and log out repeatedly at a station taking 'kill the skimmers' missions are one specific location. After you've loaded up on them you take dumb fire missiles, fly to the spot, fire one missile from your space ship (no need to take a rover), and then return and turn in all your missions for credits. I think this one was in the earn 100 million per hour range.
Ah, that makes some sense. I certainly never participated in anything that profitable. Too bad, I might have played some more if I had. I just didn't feel like doing the grind for the Anaconda...

There are still a lot of activities in the game that yield a decent profit. Of course, since it has been possible to make 200 million (or even more) credits/hour from some activities in the past, that has become the new benchmark for "gold rush" but that's really more for the min/max crowd.

You can run regular passenger missions for millions of credits per hour (if you already own an Anaconda then we're talking 50-ish million/h) in many locations. No real exploits needed except playing the mission board (log out/log in to refresh the mission board until the ship is fully loaded with pax).

It is still (too?) easy to make lots of cash in the game. I actually stopped playing when I had made well over a billion from pax missions. Couldn't even be bothered to fly back home and buy that corvette that I had been grinding the credits for in the first place.

Well, one of these days I'll get back to it to check out the new stuff but I still need a break.

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Trailer Next Week
8. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Next Week Jun 2, 2018, 01:55 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 2, 2018, 00:33:
If it has strong SP content...

Thanks for the laugh!

I'm not sure where some of these crazy hopes and expectations are coming from but it should be obvious by now that Anthem is going to be a GaaS, the sole purpose of which is to hide a monetization scheme under the guise of a "game".

BTW, even IF they promise no loot boxes or something like that at E3 doesn't mean they won't add them in later for "season 2" due to "popular demand" (of course!).

I'm sure they have learned a lesson or two from the SWBF debacle so they will sugarcoat the release version as much as possible. Then when people are hooked on the sweet cane... *ZAPP*... the MTX and loot box monster is gonna strike thrice as hard.

Mark my words. Anyone who falls for this garbage is gonna get fucked... yes, gently with lube at first... but then a few months or a year into live service, lube is all of a sudden gonna go out of fashion.

I already feel sorry for the preordering dimwits who are -once again- going to fall for the pretty pics and fancy trailers hype.

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Trailer Next Week
2. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Next Week Jun 1, 2018, 21:44 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 21:36:
This game looks good. I hope they don't fuck it up.

How can something look good that is already fucked up?

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Trailer
6. Re: Underworld Ascendant Trailer Jun 1, 2018, 18:17 CJ_Parker

I agree with the criticism of the art style. Dated graphics would be OK but the problem with UU is the lack of any kind of atmosphere. It just looks bland, artificial (claymation sounds about right) and soulless.

It seems like the environments could do with more features, more objects, more attention to detail, more TLC and then it could also use a lighting overhaul for a more "underworldly" look & feel.

The colors appear to be too "cool" in this video. It needs more yellow/red like the world is lit by candles and torches rather than white flood lights.

The lighting changes should then result in much better dynamic shadows and a high contrast between the lit and the ideally pitch black spaces.

All of the above would help a lot in creating a better -namesake- atmosphere. It's called Underworld ffs.

News Comments > Cultist Simulator Released
2. Re: Cultist Simulator Released Jun 1, 2018, 12:25 CJ_Parker

You can have cultist simulator more cheaply and easily by just visiting the Star Shitizen forums!  

4616 Comments. 231 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo