Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3427 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > The Division Perma-Bans
9. Re: The Division Perma-Bans Jun 10, 2016, 08:21 CJ_Parker

Hush, guys. Battlefield 1 is waiting for pre-orders (make sure to add the premium pass, too!). Go, go, go! Buy an extra copy for your doggie. And your cat. And your bird! Come on! The gameplay trailer was sooooo awesome and only showing realistic in-game scenes, of course! How can you not want to hit that pre-order button RIGHT FUCKING NOW? Do it!
Show those publishers how you love to throw money at them for awesome products like The Division or R6 Siege so we can all get more of that awesome sauce sorta stuff!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Division Perma-Bans
3. Re: The Division Perma-Bans Jun 9, 2016, 19:11 CJ_Parker

Told ya this shit is garbage but nooo... CJ is such a horrible troll and a negative nancy blahblahbluhblehblah. Yup. Maybe I am. But I'm also right 99.9% of the time .

Keep on buying all the latest hyped garbage games though so the publishers know that's exactly what you want. Come on... there's a Watch Dawgs 2 waiting for preorders just based on the trailer. Whatcha waitin' for? Go, go, go!

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 in November
4. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 13:20 CJ_Parker

I'll buy this (GOTY) for €4.99 just for the Frisco setting (love that city).  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 SF Setting and November Release Revealed?
2. Re: Watch Dogs 2 SF Setting and November Release Revealed? Jun 7, 2016, 13:13 CJ_Parker

Hmmm... BF1, WD2... this could become the most fecal E3 ever. Let's go, EA + Ubi! Let's see who can shovel more shit at people!  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer
13. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer Jun 7, 2016, 13:09 CJ_Parker

Fucking garbage. Spiked clubs vs. machine guns? Oooookay. And "gameplay footage" is such an old and tired EA marketing lie by now. Aren't those retarded fuckers ever embarrassed by their own dishonesty?

Fuck off with this piece of shit and the fucktard season pass bullshit.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 6, 2016, 19:31 CJ_Parker

wtf_man wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 15:57:
Other than 2 voodoo cards in the early days, I have never run dual+ cards for gaming because of the micro-stuttering issues that always existed.

I don't know if it has been eliminated by now since this issue got major attention in the last few years, but I'm not going to pay to find out.

At least on nVidia's side this has been fixed for a long time (i.e. dual SLI... triple or quad SLI still messes up the frame times a little more). I've had dual GTX 770s and there was no micro-stuttering ever. Many people have dual GTX 970s and are happy campers.
I'm not so sure about Crossfire as you get conflicting reports from AMD users but for nVidia the general consensus is that micro-stuttering is a non-issue these days.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 6, 2016, 15:14 CJ_Parker

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 11:17:
You're paying literally two times as much for two matching cards and if you're lucky and the game is very well optimised for it, getting a 50% performance boost.

This is not true. You can generally get 80% to 90% scaling from very well optimized games. Recent examples: Rise of the Tomb Raider 95% or even 99.7% in Crossfire, Hitman beta 96% in SLI.
50% scaling is actually really crappy and pretty rare like in GTA V (typical console garbage).

From the HardOCP GTA article...

GeForce GTX 980 SLI is 52% faster than one GeForce GTX 980. This is not the best scaling, and is even below average compared to other games. A good scaling would be in the 80% range, and great scaling would be in the 90% range.

Not sure from where you are getting the 50% = "very well optimised" thing...

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 5, 2016, 15:06 CJ_Parker

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 14:57:
I could never understand which part of the market Steam Machines were suppose to corner or even compete with.

Console market, of course. Thus the controller and the Link thingie.

I'm very glad they failed. The last thing the PC needs is yet another (besides Microsoft) mega corp trying to force people to abandon their PCs and to join the living room with all the other console peasants in it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 5, 2016, 15:00 CJ_Parker

Remember also it's only counting the idiots who have voluntarily agreed to the spyware survey. Everyone with a brain who declined to be spied on is not in that statistic. It is probably still a pretty good metric because the average Joe is pretty fucking dumb!  

News Comments > Hard Reset Redux Released
24. Re: Hard Reset Redux Released Jun 4, 2016, 17:51 CJ_Parker

Hehe, yes, let's blame it on Valve. If they can code a check whether someone owns one of the games in question then they could have certainly also coded the page to not display the "offer ends" text since it doesn't apply to owners of previous games, right?

Vaaaaaalllvvvvee u maggots... fix ur stoar!!11

News Comments > Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox
4. Re: Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox Jun 4, 2016, 14:33 CJ_Parker

MOBA writer must be a dream job. Jack off to pr0n all day and get paid. Awesome.  

22. Re: Hard Reset Redux Released Jun 4, 2016, 12:51 CJ_Parker

Dev wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 05:35:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 12:13:
I'm in EU and was able to buy this just now on Steam for €3 as an owner of the original game. The 85% discount is valid until June 10th.
No, they say on the store page the discount will be FOREVER (as long as game is around).

Well, in my defense, it clearly says inside the box with the "Buy Hard Reset redux" text directly underneath that same text "SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends 10 June". Here, I've even taken a screenshot.

However, yeah, that is probably the generic text for the general (10%?) discount that does end on June 10th while the special owner discount continues forever. My bad. I admit it. I'm a mouthbreathing dumbfuck!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge Jun 3, 2016, 19:29 CJ_Parker

All true to an extent but in a RPG set in the movies timeframe you don't need to have Yoda, Qui-Gon or Obi (or Luke, Vader, whoever) play huge roles. You could bump into them here and there, cross paths, have some dialogue and feel like you are part of the same galactic conflict while still having main protagonists and antagonists who could get killed off or be your allies or be allies and then betray you... whatever the plot requires.

Think Jedi Academy where Luke was rebuilding the Jedi order and you were a part of that rebuilding. It still had an engaging plot.
Or SWG which also had many movie characters for side content like the rebel and imperial "themeparks". It can be done.

News Comments > Just Cause 3: MECH LAND ASSAULT Early Launch
7. Re: Just Cause 3: MECH LAND ASSAULT Early Launch Jun 3, 2016, 19:10 CJ_Parker

Told ya guys... $4.99 Steam sale for the GOTY is the price point for the wise and exalted!  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge
3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge Jun 3, 2016, 18:53 CJ_Parker

descender wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 18:27:
Should have been KOTOR3: Mandalore's Revenge. Waste.

Now that Lucas (Georgie) is out of the game, I wish that they would actually drop the whole Old Republic thing entirely.

The only reason it came into existence was that GL was all like "nah I'd rather not have more video games messing with my awesome movies and stuff". Then someone came up with the idea that all continuity concerns could be circumvented by just going really far back in the past of the lore and GL was OK with that.

So now with the iron grip of GL gone, I'd like to see games in the vicinity of our beloved movies. There is still a lot of potential in there. For example, the whole post-RotS Order 66 era would make a great setting for many more games including RPGs.

There is no longer any real need to go 4,000 years back to some stupid Old Republic. You can have as much "old" republic as you want by going back to episodes I to III.
It would also be infinitely more interesting to interact with Qui-Gon, Obi, Yoda and all those muppets than some unknown dumbass called Revan.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition
3. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition Jun 3, 2016, 18:37 CJ_Parker

This piece of shit game is such an incredibly retarded disgrace to the franchise it is un-fucking-believable.

Couldn't they call it "Special Ops Rip-Off" or "Strike Counter" or something like that instead of making it part of the Rainbow Six legacy?

5. Re: Hard Reset Redux Released Jun 3, 2016, 12:13 CJ_Parker

I'm in EU and was able to buy this just now on Steam for €3 as an owner of the original game. The 85% discount is valid until June 10th.
I believe June 8th is only the date for the Shitbox or something similarly irrelevant. The PC got it first. The way it should (always) be!

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed
6. Re: Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed Jun 2, 2016, 10:38 CJ_Parker

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 10:00:
Single player would be awesome but I don`t see this happening

Duuuuuudddeee. Easy. SP campaign has been confirmado (though it will apparently come out later as DLC or something):

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/07/titanfall-2-will-have-a-single-player-campaign

News Comments > Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games
23. Re: Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games Jun 1, 2016, 18:04 CJ_Parker

Ludomancer wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 17:22:
sometime in the last 3 years valve became the unofficial owner of gog. they were really successful in keeping it lowdown. gog should just be considered drm-free steam now. because most people have steam already, the software (steam) tracks (and takes action) with your gog libraries. its bad. i hope posting this lets some more independent, more free individuals verify it publicly.

Drugs much?

The CD Projekt capital group is publicly listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. The GOG Ltd. is a subsidiary. So how did Valve sneak their acquisition by all regulation authorities and how did they avoid CDP ad-hoc announcement requirements or all other reporting obligations (like change of ownership etc.) that would be associated with such a move?

If you head to their website you can access all of the relevant docs including shareholder structure. The company is not owned by Valve.

You do win the bullshit award for the first half of 2016 with that story though. How long did it take to come up with that one?

News Comments > Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games
20. Re: Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games Jun 1, 2016, 17:48 CJ_Parker

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 17:13:
nin wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 16:53:
That, and when you're the biggest, people think it's cool to hate on that...

I can understand that "cool to hate" mentality..

But do these people even remember what life was like without Steam? When you had to actually wait at EBgames at midnight to even get a copy of a game? How you had to actually scour forums/IRC for new game ideas and then look it up instead of seeing a game on steam going "oh, let's watch their gameplay videos and see how it is".

Also the total lack of shitty boxes and CD clutter gone? I still have a bin of 1995 to ~2007 video game boxes. Half-Life 1 in that orange box in there too.

I don't think that anyone would argue against the increase in convenience from digital distribution. That's missing the point completely.

What people don't like is all the bullshit surrounding it. The inability to sell games, the inability to access your games if your ISP or Steam craps out (a retail copy is "always online"), Steam's ability to alter games you have purchased w/o your consent (e.g. GTA music track removal), region locking and regional pricing bullshit (including censorship issues in some countries), multiplayer shenanigans where you can only play with Steam people and no one else and, of course, copious amounts of spying just to name a few of the issues some people are having with Steam.

As for Steam vs GOG in particular, the awesome advantage of GOG is you can actually download and own your GOG games. You can download an installer that includes the complete game. You can back that up to an internal or external HDD for all eternity. Your games are yours. Your property.
Steam is rent. Your games are bound to your account and you can only access your games through Steam. There is no long term possibility to back up or truly own your games without Steam being required at some point in the process.

3427 Comments. 172 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo