Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4413 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Stellaris: Apocalypse Now!
6. Re: Stellaris: Apocalypse Now! Feb 22, 2018, 16:17 CJ_Parker

Aaaahhh DLC'o'rama episode MMXXXDVIII ... I alreadeh can't wait for the next one!!!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hunt Showdown Early Access
1. Re: Hunt Showdown Early Access Feb 22, 2018, 16:13 CJ_Parker

Aaaah moar sirvival garbitch... grate!  

News Comments > Sledgehammer Founders Move Up
5. Re: Sledgehammer Founders Move Up Feb 21, 2018, 20:49 CJ_Parker

PacoTaco wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 18:13:
please suck my personal penis.

you sayin you have more than one bruh?!?

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released
13. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released Feb 21, 2018, 17:09 CJ_Parker

Task wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 09:40:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 09:02:
Windows store + UWP make this an instant NO-BUY.

It's also sad that the clowns at MS are only able to re-release ancient shit as PC exclusives instead of risking some money on genuinely new PC projects.

I'm glad they are doing anything with AoE really. They are also making AoE IV too you know, that'll be something 'new' at least in this series.

Personally I'm more upset that Microsoft is doing nothing with MechWarrior, not even remasters or simply making the originals compatible on modern systems for release on GoG. The IP is just dead and rotting at this point, and that MW5 and MWO don't count to me since there is literally nothing innovative or next-gen about them.

Yes, that is another slap in the face to PC gamers although with MechWarrior I could somehow understand if licensing (IP) issues are in the way.

However, there is no excuse at all not to release Freelancer or Starlancer to GOG. Those games are among the highest voted on the GOG wishlist forums. There is even a post from some Microsoft product manager chick from a few years ago saying that she thought it was a great idea and she'd forward it to the higher ups.

Of course nothing has happened in spite of Microsoft's overwhelming love for PC gamers.

News Comments > Sledgehammer Founders Move Up
2. Re: Sledgehammer Founders Move Up Feb 21, 2018, 16:30 CJ_Parker

and Schofield saying his new role at Activision was something he "couldn't pass up."

Lemme guess... "Lootbox Executive Director"?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed: Origins Adds Discovery Tour and Game+
5. Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins Adds Discovery Tour and Game+ Feb 21, 2018, 09:03 CJ_Parker

Gold edition for $9.99 and we're talking business so hurry the fuck up with your milking, Ubishit and let's get to it, shall we?  

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released
8. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released Feb 21, 2018, 09:02 CJ_Parker

Windows store + UWP make this an instant NO-BUY.

It's also sad that the clowns at MS are only able to re-release ancient shit as PC exclusives instead of risking some money on genuinely new PC projects.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week
15. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week Feb 20, 2018, 16:14 CJ_Parker

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 13:18:
I'm going to have to revisit things when the new release is out. I stopped playing a couple months ago when I got stuck doing an engineering upgrade. Still kind of frustrated with how that whole mechanic works. I need to improve my Anaconda for better jump ranges, but that stupid engineering mini game keeps me questioning if I got an acceptable role or not.

Yep. The interface is a little convoluted. The hard part, however, is tracking down the resources for a grade 5 FSD jump range upgrade.
Anyway, what you should be looking at with a FSD upgrade is a high roll on "Optimised Mass".

At the same time you'd want the negative attributes to be as low as possible, of course, although the main focus for max jump range would once again be on the mass of the module itself because a high optimised mass roll would partially be voided if the mass of the actual FSD module would drive up the ship's weight by several tons.

Fully exploration-focused Anacondas can reach 60+-ish light years of jump range but if you want to have more fun, e.g. install a vehicle or fighter hangar etc., then you'd be looking at just over 50ly jump range.

It doesn't really matter that much in the end unless you want to explore the extreme fringes of the galaxy where the star system density gets so low that you need MAX jump capability. In "normal" space you'll just get around a little quicker with a higher jump range.

I would not obsess over it. Getting the resources is (or was before this upcoming patch) hard enough so just go with the first decent looking roll and err... yeah, roll with it . You can always return to it and try for a better result, especially once they have implemented the RNGineering system change that prevents getting a worse result than you already have (which may actually be in this patch already(?)).

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week
2. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week Feb 20, 2018, 10:08 CJ_Parker

It's a sandbox. Always has been, always will be. Go play something else if you can't handle a sandbox, n00b.  

News Comments > Remastered System Shock on Hiatus
2. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 16, 2018, 19:35 CJ_Parker

I hereby congratulate myself on my crowdfunding hiatus. Fuck shit like this.  

News Comments > PUBG Plans to Reveal Plans
5. Re: PUBG Plans to Reveal Plans Feb 15, 2018, 18:12 CJ_Parker

Retired wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 12:05:
I assume they will announce a new game.

I assume this is a joke post.

Why the hell would they announce a new game when PUBG has been consistently (through all new releases of 2017 plus the summer, fall, holiday, xmas, whatever sales) the no. 1 top selling game on Steam since March 26, 2017?

The horse is still in the race and keeps riding at full gallop speed with not even a hint of tiring.

The only new shit they might announce is some new maps, more (pretend) anti-cheat crap and maybe a few gameplay tweaks. Otherwise: Never change a winning game. This game keeps breaking record after record and is at least among, if not the best selling PC game(s) of all time (some say Minecraft and CSGO have more lifetime sales but both have also been around a lot longer than PUBG).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: 3Dfx History: The GPU's Great Turning Point Feb 15, 2018, 17:47 CJ_Parker

Combo cards kinda sucked (at first). Anyone who really cared about image quality usually had a Matrox Millennium for 2D/desktop and one or two (SLI) 3Dfx Voodoo 1 or 2 for 3D.

News Comments > THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media
12. Re: THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media Feb 14, 2018, 13:09 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 11:18:
They bought Novalogic in 2016. I want another voxel-based Commanche!

^ Fuck yes!

News Comments > THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media
1. Re: THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media Feb 14, 2018, 10:08 CJ_Parker

They say the transaction is worth $149.6 million

That is what they say but is it really? Hmmm....

CRASH AND BURN BABY CRASH AND BURN Flamethrower

MUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAA

News Comments > New Paradox CEO
11. Re: New Paradox CEO Feb 13, 2018, 15:49 CJ_Parker

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 15:01:
The fact that all of the game mechanics changes are included in free QoL patches is awesome.

See, I don't get that sentiment AT ALL. What exactly is "awesome" about a piecemeal delivery? What is awesome about getting game mechanics delivered YEARS later that should have been (and were most likely planned to be) in the game from the start?

I don't get it... they have successfully brainwashed people into thinking they are getting a service (GaaS) with these essential DLCs while in reality the consumer sheeple are getting fleeced, milked and shat on.

To me they are shittier than EA, Ubi and Actiblizz combined. GaaS delivered in piecemeal fashion with fraudulent tactics. They have taken the worst shit of all that EA et al are doing and mixed up their own super-shit cocktail from the collective diarrhea.
The only piece that is missing, the proverbial cherry on top of the shit cocktail, would in fact be the introduction of loot boxes. Any day now...

News Comments > New Paradox CEO
4. Re: New Paradox CEO Feb 13, 2018, 12:33 CJ_Parker

Errr... they are worse than EA wrt DLC. They intentionally release barebone versions of their games with cut content so they can then slowly feature-complete the games one DLC at a time and milk gamers until the udders bleed.

To add insult to injury, they have all but stopped doing GOTYs or complete editions of their newer games or -even worse- are offering fake complete editions to intentionally mislead gamers, e.g. Europa Universalis Extreme Edition which might lead an unsuspecting gamer who does not do their full research into buying this version, thinking they will be getting all the DLC which is absolutely not the case with the "extreme edition".
The only thing it is it's extreme bullshit is all it is. Extreme rip-off. Extremely retarded fuckshit.

Honestly. Fuck this greedy, fraudulent asshole company hard.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 15:03 CJ_Parker

Yeah. Another GOTY for $9.99 candidate IF the reviews don't totally tear it a new one. Otherwise full /pass.  

News Comments > Steam top 10
10. Re: Steam top 10 Feb 11, 2018, 20:09 CJ_Parker

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 11, 2018, 19:40:
... so they'd better have everything else polished up real nice.

Well, they don't. We can see in the gameplay videos that combat and animations are clunky as fuck. It's terribad.

There is still hope though that maybe they got the quests, the writing, the politics and the characters right.

Oh well... as usual I won't be touching this before there is a GOTY on sale. Maybe they will have even unclunkified the combat by then and added some more layers of polish. I'm only cautiously optimistic. Everything I have seen so far looked underwhelming.

News Comments > Obsidian TMs The Outer Worlds
12. Re: Obsidian TMs The Outer Worlds Feb 7, 2018, 12:11 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 7, 2018, 11:34:
I'm still looking forward to PoEt2 with great anticipation, and I'll hopefully be playing it relatively bug free on release day.

ROFL ... keep dreaming

I'm also looking forward to it but just like PoE1 and Tyranny I will be waiting for the fully patched complete version. I quite liked PoE in spite of its issues but I was soooo glad I waited for the finished game with the White Marches 1 + 2 included for a seamless grand adventure.

It just wouldn't have been the same positive experience at an earlier point in time.
I have seen so many comments from gamers who said that PoE release version and final version + DLC were a night & day difference (and I partially experienced it myself, too, because I played some PoE beta which was shitty as hell).

You'd have to be extremely impatient or a masochist to play an Obshittian game at release but to each their own... I won't be touching it with a 10ft pole until the GOTY sells for $20.

News Comments > Obsidian TMs The Outer Worlds
10. Re: Obsidian TMs The Outer Worlds Feb 7, 2018, 11:15 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 22:52:
The problem was, Obsidian got a LOT of complaints on their forums from people who found the 6 person PoEt party too hard to control. X|

Um, the only reason it was "hard to control" is because the amateur hacks at Obshittian could not hack their collective dumb asses out of a soaking wet paper bag if their fucking lives depended on it.

The pathfinding was abysmal and absolutely outrageous on higher difficulties when you had to rely on every character to actually work as intended.
Instead of doing what they should, they got stuck on each other though, tripped over each other or ran in circles in a spot like they had a mental disorder.

Personally I like the reduction to 5 characters. Aside from being easier to handle it also forces you to choose more wisely. Six characters is way too n00b friendly. Any full retard n00blet moron can build a very well balanced party when you have six slots.

The less party members, the more important your choices. And an odd number like 5 is great, too, because you can't just n00b it up with 2 tanks, 2 dps, 2 healers but you will have to choose. Choice is good. Me gusta mucho. Well done for once, Obshittian!

4413 Comments. 221 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo