Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3332 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Dates Leaked?
14. Re: Steam Summer Sale Dates Leaked? May 16, 2016, 13:55 CJ_Parker

Yeah fuck the sale but thanks to whoever leaked the date for the heads-up to avoid Steam like the plague on June 23rd. You definitely want to switch to offline mode on the 22nd and make sure you have everything downloaded that you want to play because shit is gonna be unusable on the 23rd at around 10AM PDT.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Acer Partners for StarVR
29. Re: Acer Partners for StarVR May 16, 2016, 13:43 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on May 16, 2016, 10:23:
Not making mention of the rest of the very sexy Acer monitor lineup

I prefer chicks over monitors when it comes to sex, bro.

Or the 21:9 aspect ultra-wide...

21:9 is for tards with fish eyes.

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Four
5. Re: Diablo III Turns Four May 16, 2016, 13:24 CJ_Parker

GarthZombie wrote on May 16, 2016, 10:52:
ochentay4 wrote on May 16, 2016, 10:48:
No one cares. Just want Diablo 2 remastered, or in HD with modern graphics options.

I care, shut your dick hole.

Well, you certainly have the linguistic skills of the typical Blizzard fantard!

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
6. Re: Sunday Interviews May 15, 2016, 18:50 CJ_Parker

Hamill:

I don't know how many millions of people must be involved in raising that kind of money, but that just shows you the reputation that Chris has developed over the years in the gaming community because he's very well respected. People are really excited for this game, and it's interesting because people either have no idea what it is at all or they're ultra-passionate fans. There's no middle ground. That's the very definition of a cult following.

^ Hahaha indeed.

News Comments > DOOM Released
116. Re: DOOM Released May 14, 2016, 14:49 CJ_Parker

bigspender wrote on May 14, 2016, 07:58:
http://s32.postimg.org/hottvgxth/Doo_M4.png

Pretty much this. It's fairly fun to play, but it's not the Doom I was after, and it wears thin very fast.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA PUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRFUCKINGFECT!!!

News Comments > DOOM Released
54. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 16:04 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on May 13, 2016, 12:25:
Well. You're reasoning in this case is utter bullshit because this particular game seems like the developers really gave what the gaming public wanted from a DOOM game.

Did they now? Did the gaming public ask for Doom to become another garbage console franchise with checkpoint saves and crap like that? Not the public that I am a part of, dude. The beauty of the origins of this franchise was the PC-centric design and how Carmack set new graphics benchmarks with each new iteration.

This new Doom is a $4.99 Steam sale if I've ever seen one. In the meantime I'll be busy playing the free ArmA III weekend. You know... an actual PC shooter with depth, complexity, awesome graphics and all that shit that makes actual PC shooters great. Fuck console Doom.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore's Revenge Next Month
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore's Revenge Next Month May 12, 2016, 19:17 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on May 12, 2016, 16:12:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 12, 2016, 14:21:
Rise of the Hutt Cartel, Shadow of Revan and Knights of the Fallen Empire is the same for everyone.

Are those three expansions good? Like, comparable to KotOR, story wise?

I thought that Rise of the Hutt Cartel was pretty meh, Shadow of Revan was fairly decent overall and Knights of the Fallen Empire chapter 1 (I will continue playing after all chapters have been released so I only know the first chapter) was the best from a presentation of the story point of view with well made cutscenes but the worst when it comes to the gameplay.

For chapter 1 to complete, you literally just push 'W' on your keyboard, watch a cutscene play, click your default attack a couple times, push 'W' again, rinse, repeat.

I'm not exaggerating. There is absolutely zero challenge (so any n00b without prior experience who rolls a fresh level 60 can finish the expansion) and that drags the whole thing down into the abyss of the snoozefest.

Also, the content after the actual storyline where you assemble your alliance members is kind of meh (e.g. there is forced PvP to reach one of the objectives).

Generally speaking, the story content is not bad for a MMO but it's a far cry from KotOR. I have mostly just played SWTOR to scratch that Star Wars itch and not because it is a good game per se. My interest in the game has deteriorated with the KotFE expansion because it was way too easy (boring) and there is a lot of recycled assets and content in there, too.
One can tell that they are making these story chapters on fairly limited budgets and it doesn't help that the age of the game is showing. I mean if you compare characters in a Ubi or Rockstar game to SWTOR then it's like a night & day difference. SWTOR is getting very long in the tooth...

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore's Revenge Next Month May 12, 2016, 14:21 CJ_Parker

Wallshadows wrote on May 12, 2016, 08:44:
Your class story is wrapped up/paused at 60 which then focuses on you being the Outlander until 65.

Nope, as I said it's level 50 for the class story. After the class story (which involves defeating the Sith Emperor in one way or another), you move on to the first Interlude (dailies, flashpoints etc.) which comprises Ilum (L50), The Black Hole (L50) and SectionX (L50), then you play the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion which will take you to Makeb and get you to level 55, next up is the second Interlude (dailies, flashpoints etc.) with Czerka Labs on CZ-198 (L55) and Oricon (L55), and then it's Shadow of Revan time which will take you to level 60 introducing Rishi, Yavin 4 and Ziost, and then finally you will play Knights of the Fallen Empire which is so poorly balanced that it will take you to the new max level of 65 about half way through the first chapter.

Anything past level 50 and the original class stories does not have any class specific content, however. Rise of the Hutt Cartel, Shadow of Revan and Knights of the Fallen Empire is the same for everyone.

2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore's Revenge Next Month May 12, 2016, 02:08 CJ_Parker

No, you can do this with any of your existing characters, of course. It's been a while since I played chapter 1 but IIRC you're called the Outlander because this is happening in a different part of the Star Wars galaxy (a.k.a the Eternal Empire).
The class stories are a one time deal (to get you to level 50). None of the expansions really has any story content unique to a class. They have not continued to add class-specific content past the base game.

News Comments > EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed
7. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 01:49 CJ_Parker

BIGtrouble77 wrote on May 11, 2016, 01:39:
How is it they start on a new game when they have 3 more dlc to release? Do the interns finish it?

Dude? Last game was made by DICE, next one is made by Visceral but even if this were not so, yes, the DLC is certainly rarely worked on by the full team.

What I am wondering about here is whether this next Battlefront will have a single player campaign and whether it is the Visceral project that Amy Hennig is working on or are they making a single player Star Wars action game *and* the new multiplayer-only Battlefront right now?

News Comments > Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming
10. Re: Into the Black May 11, 2016, 01:22 CJ_Parker

Fuckers can shove their store and UWP apps where the sun don't shine. I will never in my entire life spend a single penny on the retarded Windows store. Not after what they did with GFWL and how they cheated people out of their purchased games when they shut it down. I will never ever trust them again.

If they want to regain a fraction of my trust then they first need to restore my GFWL copy of Age of Empires III on my MS account (the GFWL transaction when I bought AoE III is actually showing on my MS account so don't give me they can not link GFWL purchases to MS accounts... they can absolutely and they still stole people's games!).

News Comments > Disney Leaving Game Publishing
16. Re: Disney Leaving Game Publishing May 11, 2016, 01:01 CJ_Parker

headkase wrote on May 10, 2016, 22:50:
LucasFilm/LucasArts thought it was quite well to make games in-house. Contracting out to the proverbial "India call center" I don't believe is the best way to ensure the best quality and therefore longevity of their brand. They should hire in-house, and build up a branch of their operation that rivals their film branches today.

Lucas only had internal development teams until around Y2K and then did the exact same thing that Disney is doing here and laid off their internal dev teams. As for "best quality", well, quite a few of the best LucasArts published games were made by external teams (Raven Software, Obsidian, BioWare, Totally Games) so that shouldn't really be much of a concern unless they really go for Indian call centers.

Anyway, if you have such a broad portfolio of brands such as Disney then it probably makes sense to just be a licenser. Otherwise they would have to have many different teams with different specialties (a studio for RPGs, one for action, one for adventure, a couple for Mickey Mouse kiddie games and so on).

This move makes perfect sense to assign their licenses at will to publishers and their specialized studios, while offloading all the risk, and ideally getting more games done for their brands in less time, thereby generating more revenue.

News Comments > Stellaris Sales Record
11. Re: Stellaris Sales Record May 10, 2016, 12:02 CJ_Parker

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 10, 2016, 10:25:
Game is great. Sadly there are some professional reviewers with a stick up their ass over it and review bombing it(see IGN's Rowan Kaiser and his immense butthurt over TB) along with the general pro-reviewer butthurt of being replaced by steam reviewers. And then there's the actual reviews from people who play the game and love it.

Yeah. Typical mainstream press AAA console garbage port dumbfuck reviewer who is overwhelmed by a game if it requires pushing more than two buttons or doesn't have a cutscene every 30 seconds. Fuck IGN. Fucking brown-nosers have always sucked and only dared pull out a lower score when it is a smaller publisher who doesn't bring them the big advertising bucks. Crawl back to licking some EA, Take2, Actiblizz and Ubishit asshole, IGN, will ya, kthx!

News Comments > DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan
20. Re: DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan May 9, 2016, 12:35 CJ_Parker

OldDirtyEwok wrote on May 9, 2016, 11:03:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 9, 2016, 10:34:
200fps is not really surprising given the horrible console port garbage visuals. What's next? "News" that Pacman runs at 500fps on Vulkan? Yawn.

If there are issues with DOOM it's definitely not the visuals, it looks amazing..and blaming consoles is getting old and doesn't apply anymore

It applies more than ever. Back in the day when id games were PC exclusive and Carmack was still on board, people bought the latest id game not just for the game but also as benchmarks for what is the visual state of the art in gaming. I was one of them. I wasn't even that interested in the Dooms or Quake 1 + 2 or Q3A as a game but I did not want to miss out on the graphical spectacle.

This new Doom? Laughable garbage. Low detail, slow pace, little variety, everything is low res, zoomed in and XXL for controller friendliness, same goes for the lack of vertical gameplay, everything happens in a narrow band in front of the player so controllers basically only need to be moved left/right and only slightly up/down.
The console compromises here are plain as day to see for anyone with an eye for the analytical detail of why a game is made as it is and I'm more than happy to share my expertise with y'all (even if most of ya don't deserve it! ).

18. Re: DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan May 9, 2016, 12:25 CJ_Parker

GarthZombie wrote on May 9, 2016, 11:13:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on May 9, 2016, 11:03:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 9, 2016, 10:34:
200fps is not really surprising given the horrible console port garbage visuals. What's next? "News" that Pacman runs at 500fps on Vulkan? Yawn.

If there are issues with DOOM it's definitely not the visuals, it looks amazing..and blaming consoles is getting old and doesn't apply anymore, Xbox one and ps4 have the same architecture as PCs. It's been a few years since I've seen an actual console port.

Why do you enable this guy? He's like the shit on your shoe, it just won't go away when you flick it off. If only blues had a block system that'd be great.

As others pointed out there is an ignore function. Feel free to use it and...

lurn 2 intahnet u n00btard!!!11

5. Re: DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan May 9, 2016, 10:34 CJ_Parker

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
66. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 8, 2016, 17:39 CJ_Parker

Drayth wrote on May 8, 2016, 17:20:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 8, 2016, 01:48:

If I buy a GTX 1080, I'll be using it to play The Witcher 3 EE/GOTY, E:D, the Crysis series (finally a card that should be able to handle it!), Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim with mods out da azz

Be aware that on Win 8/10 for Skyrim you get 4 gigs of memory, that's it. Doesn't matter what your video card has, if you throw on a bunch of 4K texture mods your cards are going to hitch like crazy. I keep my mods at 2K with an occasional exception.

Something to do with how newer Windows handle 32 bit applications.

Great. More Microsoft competence at its finest... but fucking retarded shit like that is par for the course for those mouthbreathing dumbass shitcocks these days.

Thanks for the heads-up though!

48. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 8, 2016, 01:48 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on May 8, 2016, 01:13:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 7, 2016, 10:15:
Mah bodeh is readeh fer dis shit!

I really wonder what you'll be playing since you crap on every game that comes along.

Nah. I crap only on all the casual overhyped simplified console port AAA garbage. Most of that shit runs on a VESA local bus EGA card anyway so who cares.

If I buy a GTX 1080, I'll be using it to play The Witcher 3 EE/GOTY, E:D, the Crysis series (finally a card that should be able to handle it!), Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim with mods out da azz, Rise of the TR (when the GOTY sells for sub $10), Shtar Shitizen (Squadron 42 hopefully next year) and more games from my backlog that should hopefully finally run at 60fps without even budging with this card.

I won't use it for new releases like Mass Effect Andromeda since I have entirely stopped buying new full price games (when MEA GOTY will sell for sub $10 I'll probably run it on a GTX 1380). Fuck unfinished, buggy POS games with DLC and season pass scams. And fuck DRM. I will only rent full games (GOTY or other complete editions) from Steam, Origin, uPlay etc. for $10 max.

The only game I will make an exception for is The Witcher 3 GOTY since I can buy and actually own it for real on GOG.
CDP is the very last bastion of decency out there. The only big publisher you can actually buy a game from and it's yours.

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed May 7, 2016, 20:27 CJ_Parker

Awesome post, dude... spot on!  

41. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 7, 2016, 19:51 CJ_Parker

Dagnamit wrote on May 7, 2016, 19:41:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 7, 2016, 19:25:
Gib007 wrote on May 7, 2016, 19:17:
I'm wondering when the GTX 1080Ti is supposed to be announced, as I would rather go for that instead of the GTX 1080... Any one have any ideas on a rough timescale?

Early 2017 if and when HBM2 memory becomes available in quantity.

With GDDR5X coming, I kinda doubt we'll see HBM2 on a consumer/gaming card this generation. Memory bandwidth is just not a bottleneck. Maybe that changes, we'll see.

AMD Vega will have HBM2 next year and GP100/Tesla P100 is also designed with HBM2 in mind. The consumer version of GP100 (possibly called GP102 according to the rumor mill) will ship with HBM2. There is really no doubt about it.
I'll post a YT video of me eating my hat (sans salt) if 1080Ti does not ship with HBM2 next year.

3332 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo