Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3818 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
41. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 19, 2017, 12:03 CJ_Parker

NetHead wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 08:30:
I can't but help wondering why. What is in it for them to screw it up so badly. Is it incompetence, is it an agenda, or what.

The reason is that the big publishers are making only between 10% and 20% max of revenue on the PC. MS doesn't give a shit. The more they sabotage PC gaming, the more Shitboxes they sell and the more console fees they can collect. Destroying PC gaming for them = win-win.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
36. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Feb 19, 2017, 06:42 CJ_Parker

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 19:26:
Quinn wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 16:14:
Are these "sales bin" comments never gonna stop? I swear, I'm getting the impression not a single game is worth more than 10 bucks for these people.

Well, they are to me, but not when they are DLC infested. Thats when I wait until they are complete, which is also mostly when they drop in price.

I hereby conclude that the beaver's strongest muscle is his brain.

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
19. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 18, 2017, 18:57 CJ_Parker

Let me guess... they're bringing back Solitaire and Minesweeper?

And yeah fuck Phil Spencer, his lies and his PC gaming "commitment". Biggest dickhead in game publishing ever.

15. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 08:41 CJ_Parker

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 06:15:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 05:38:
Hahaha this is gonna be the flop of the year with a billion light years lead. I feel sorry for all the fools who preorder this unadulterated garbitch .

Who knows how the game will turn out? Considering its Bioware it will probably be sort of fun, but ultimately meh. It will however be no flop. They are going to make a billion dollars with this game.

That's true but we all know how it goes. First it will collect a shitload of OMG 9/10 and 10/10 due to bribes and lotsa slobbering from the preordering mouth breathers who need to justify their purchase.
Then three months later we'll get the first admissions why it wasn't actually that great and towards the end of the year it will start showing up in the raspberry awards of the year.

That is guaranteed with the shitty quality of this casual crap. It doesn't even have great gfx. It has the same unreal shitty artificial glossy look as all Frostshite games.
If anyone is seriously claiming this garbage looks good then they are either paid by EA or they are millennials whose standards have hit rock bottom.

News Comments > Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve
20. Re: Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve Feb 18, 2017, 08:30 CJ_Parker

Thanks to those clowns for Steam's awesome story!  

13. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 05:38 CJ_Parker

Hahaha this is gonna be the flop of the year with a billion light years lead. I feel sorry for all the fools who preorder this unadulterated garbitch .  

News Comments > Songbringer Announced
1. Re: Songbringer Announced Feb 17, 2017, 06:59 CJ_Parker

Some really sweet C64 graphics right there. This is gonna sell meeeeelllliiiioooonnnnsss.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week
14. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 17, 2017, 06:58 CJ_Parker

Another franchise that's getting it with hot, spiky metal rods in all holes from all sides. As if Future Soldier wasn't enough of an abomination already, they are now desecrating the corpse with this abysmal shit...

/puke@ubishit

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
56. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 16, 2017, 13:36 CJ_Parker

descender wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 13:31:
Every publisher should have a right to publish their IP through which ever channel they choose.

Except for Valve and Blizzard? You seem to be insinuating that they are somehow at fault for not selling their games through third-party storefronts?

Nope. Not at all. I'm "insinuating" that people who think Valve and Blizz are the saints of gaming are shitclowns because they refuse to accept reality.
I could not care less that Valve and Blizz are selling their causal mass market garbage only on their own storefronts except when it is used as a retarded argument against Origin by even more retarded Steam elitists.

News Comments > Prey Footage
7. Re: Prey Footage Feb 16, 2017, 12:47 CJ_Parker

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 21:26:
It's Bioshock in space. It'll start with a space lighthouse as you get out of your crashed spaceship, get inside a spacestation, realize you're part of some crazy experiment and go after the people who started it.

TADA!

Yep. This blatant unoriginality coupled with the raping of the franchise, the uninspired gameplay and the shitty consolitis (like that retarded wheel interface) is the reason why this will be a $4.99 (for the GOTY) purchase for me at best.

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
54. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 16, 2017, 12:28 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 05:41:
And the fact that there's still this contingent of diehard fanbois who will boycott any other storefront if it's not Steam, means that they're like the mafia. "nobody moves any product through this town if it doesn't go through me".

The fact that they peddle shovelware that they don't even test for 30 seconds, and have no phone/chat support is only supplemental evidence to their greed. The main event is that they've come up with a way where they don't have to fund game development anymore, but still profit immensely from other people's work

It's beyond disheartening to see that people knowingly buy stuff on Steam instead of the developer's own storefront. Basically taking a HUGE cut of money from the people who built the games you love and handing it over to don GabeN, because... something something fuck everything but Steam. That was the exact fight that Valve had with Vivendi all those years ago, "Fuck you, I'm not paying you a huge chunk of our profits for doing nothing, we want to sell our own product ourselves". No lessons learned, no sense of irony.

It is not very often that I wholeheartedly agree with Slick but here we go. The Steam elitists are entitled whiny little shitclowns.
Every publisher should have a right to publish their IP through which ever channel they choose. EA is relatively open in this regard. EA sells games on Origin, GOG and Steam. And Valve? Or Blizzard? That's right. They sell their games exclusively on their own respective storefronts.

I'm not a fan at all of most EA games (abysmal garbage for the most part) and even less of a fan of their super-shitty business practices like season passes and all that crap but I can not really say a bad thing about Origin. It is a pleasant client app to buy and launch games from and I fully understand and condone EA's desire to self-publish instead of making the GabeN empire fatter and fatter.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Arena Sales Ending
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 15, 2017, 04:37 CJ_Parker

Well, now... they never promised mod support. In fact the KS FAQ reads...

Will you be able to script your own missions for your friends to play through?

It's something I'd like to see, but supporting dev tools externally is not something we'd want to do on day one. Down the line, maybe...

Yes, it is kind of lame that they dropped offline play at the last minute and that they did not communicate it sooner but it is just about the only KS promise they broke. "Dev tools" a.k.a mod support was communicated as a "maybe" from day one as we can see and it may still be coming somewhere down the line.

Compare this to the fucking liars from Larian, Obsidian, CIG or inXile, all of whom underdelivered massively with their fraudulent pitches and Frontier appears like a shining white knight with only a very minor shit stain comparatively.

Seriously, E:D has been a decent deal for early backers. Backers like me received the Horizons season pass for free and we have gotten a lot of awesome content for free that was not part of the original deal and that other devs would have charged for double and triple...

Besides, I have a feeling that Frontier has a long term plan which incorporates offline. There will come a point when expansions won't sell anymore and when they will feel like shutting down the servers and that's when they will release an offline mode, I'm sure.
It's the ace up their sleeve. They must know due to the popularity of their Tycoon games that an offline E:D with mod tools would be a very viable way to expand the game's lifetime beyond its online life.

Until then I can not blame them for not handing out a freebie to pirates like Cutter who is just pissed he ain't able to download this for nada.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 13, 2017, 09:04 CJ_Parker

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 09:01:
Also, very little news about StarCitizen lately. So, whats up at CiG?

You mean aside from the usual scamming and fleecing morons?

- Star Citizen YouTube channel
- Official comm link (website news)

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
23. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Feb 11, 2017, 11:36 CJ_Parker

loomy wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 11:22:
IMO the mediocre sales of of COD IW could have to do with anything, including a fickle audience, a fatigued audience, or the competition. but I bought COD IW and compared it to COD4, and I can tell you that COD IW is not better than COD4. COD IW is a mediocre game, and it deserves mediocre sales

Yeppers. Those fuckers are drawing all the wrong conclusions from this shit. "OMG scifi settings don't sell! Quick. Let's go back to making WW2 shooters to make up for the missed sales twofold". What a bunch of fucking idiots... Rolleyes

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
4. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Feb 10, 2017, 20:20 CJ_Parker

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 20:07:
Normally I'd say, "Typically corporate" - but I don't see anything in the press release mentioning layoffs? Did I miss it?

Dude? Why not follow the link to Kotaku to read up on the layoffs?

*schhhhhhhnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiippppppp*

The layoffs, which followed a week of rumors among Activision staff, landed alongside yesterday’s Q4 2016 earnings call, during which Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg was candid about the publisher’s disappointment with Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. Infinity Ward, developers of Infinite Warfare, laid off around 20 people according to a source.

[...]

When reached by Kotaku, Activision sent over this statement: “Activision Publishing is realigning our resources to support our upcoming slate and adapt to the accelerating transition to digital, including opportunities for digital add-on content.”

^ layoffs confirmed

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct
11. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 15:07 CJ_Parker

Bundy wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 14:37:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 14:08:
Any move to weed out the abysmal shovelware garbage is welcomed. I'd say make the fee *at least* $5,000. It's recoupable so what. If some basement dwelling kiddo can't afford it, it's not a big loss. Kiddo can always self-publish first via their own website (or a network site of fledgling game devs) and if the game really is somewhat decent then kiddo should be able to cough up the $5K in no time.

Without the exposure of Steam or a hefty advertising budget, self publishing on your own website is almost a guaranteed failure. I know you don't care being a customer and gamer. But the indie developer does need at least a small chance to succeed and get their work noticed.

Well, the fee is recoupable. It's not gone. I don't see a reason why anyone who is really serious about game development shouldn't be able to afford a $5K admission fee. I'd consider that pretty low actually. If you want to found a business then you need to show up with some capital in most countries and it's usually WAY more than a measly $5K.

But, whatever, Steam is cute in pretending to ask for feedback. We all know that Gabe's greed is infinite.
They will set the fee very low because all Valve really cares about is their 30% cut of every purchase.
This whole thing is a pretend-change, an alibi stage performance in order to demonstrate "we care" when in reality they don't give a shit except for their cut.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct
3. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 14:08 CJ_Parker

Any move to weed out the abysmal shovelware garbage is welcomed. I'd say make the fee *at least* $5,000. It's recoupable so what. If some basement dwelling kiddo can't afford it, it's not a big loss. Kiddo can always self-publish first via their own website (or a network site of fledgling game devs) and if the game really is somewhat decent then kiddo should be able to cough up the $5K in no time.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Cannonlake 15% faster than Kaby Lake Feb 10, 2017, 13:39 CJ_Parker

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 09:50:
I'm at a point where I no longer care about processor frequency (as that hasn't been a bottleneck in at least a decade) but what I do care about is core availability. While normally an Intel stalwart, Ryzen has piqued my interest with their 8 core design for less than the cost of a down payment on a new vehicle. If they can roll that over to the Opteron line that is less expensive but at least as performant as a Xeon with 8 cores at a 4 core price, I'll scoop one up.

You care about the wrong shit. It's been proven time and again that 99% of the games out there benefit the most from a high clock frequency per core and not a high(er) number of cores (with quad core being the sweet spot of perfection atm).
More cores are a complete waste in gaming because 99% of the games won't even "see" them or address them.
It only makes sense to buy a hexacore or even octacore CPU if you really have applications that support or even require that number of cores. Otherwise it's a complete waste of resources and money.

Example benchmarks (article in German but the graph should be speaking for itself):

https://www.computerbase.de/2017-01/intel-core-i3-7350k-test-overclocking/3/

The OCed 5.1GHz dual core i3-7350K is the 3rd/4th fastest CPU in the race. The i7-7700K is only 6% faster. The dual core is easily keeping up due to its high per core clocks which is what matters a lot more in gaming than a shitload of cores that aren't even utilized.
It's a whole different story if you also do audio or video encoding or 3D rendering with specialized multicore-supported software but for games a quad core CPU with a nice, juicy, high frequency OC is way better than having cores that do fuck all but produce heat and consume power.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Cannonlake 15% faster than Kaby Lake Feb 10, 2017, 03:04 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 21:48:
Intel you devious bastards... it never fails, whenever I upgrade, a MAJOR step forward occurs within 3-6 months.

Dude, they said the same thing about Kaby Lake (15%). It turned out to be more like 5% on average as we know now. It's just Intel marketing blahblah as usual.
There's nothing to worry about as far as gaming is concerned as long as you have a quad core with a decent clock rate (even i5-2500K at 4.2GHz+ is still fine).

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
6. Re: Take-Two Financials Feb 9, 2017, 08:56 CJ_Parker

HAHAHA 75 million copies of their causal garbage shit game that they withheld from PC gamers for two years and still no profit. Aaaaahhhh that feels so good.  

3818 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo