Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4697 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40%
2. Re: U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40% Aug 29, 2018, 19:11 CJ_Parker

The software titles having the most positive impact on dollar sales in the first half of the year include (listed alphabetically) Candy Crush, Far Cry 5, Fortnite, God of War, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, and Roblox.

Holy shit!

I can understand that people seek escapism from Trumpism but come on... it can't be that bad, can it?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Riot Commits to Change
1. removed Aug 29, 2018, 18:45 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 30, 2018, 09:56.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 29, 2018, 17:09 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 14:49:
I don't really compare Skyrim/Oblivion to The Witcher 3.

[...]

On the whole, TW3 was the better game, but they're different enough that I think there's plenty of room for both.

Yeppers.

The Witcher = story-driven open world game

Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim = sandbox open world

Two very different pairs of shoes and the world is definitely big enough for both types of RPGs to exist. Personally I love them both for their respective strengths. It's not a contest for me. It's not an "or", it's an "and".

That said, I have no interest in FO76. First, I'm not a huge fan of the FO franchise, secondly, not really interested in multiplayer-focused games and third, an open PvP game can fuck right off and DIAF.

News Comments > GWENT: Thronebreaker Details
1. Re: GWENT: Thronebreaker Details Aug 29, 2018, 10:57 CJ_Parker

Here's some more info from their H1/2018 report:

The segment’s results were further influenced by GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. The game’s official release, scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2018, will coincide with the release of Thronebreaker – a dedicated single-player campaign offering many hours of gameplay.

In February 2018 CD PROJEKT RED unveiled and subsequently launched a new GWENT gameplay mode – the Arena – which comes with a range of gameplay improvements and additional cards. On 12 April 2018 the Company announced the GWENT Homecoming project, which involves significant changes in gameplay mechanics and is expected to last several months.

The Homecoming project will culminate with the end of the public beta phase and the official release of Thronebreaker – a single-player stanalone [sic] campaign offering multiple hours of gameplay. Both events are scheduled for Q4 2018.

GOG.com also obtains revenues from microtransactions carried out in
GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.
In terms of revenues, these microtransactions represented the most significant product of this segment both in 2017 and in the first half of 2018.
Revenues are dependent on gamer interest and on events occurring within the game’s development lifecycle – such as the launch of the open beta (Q2 2017) or the release of additional card sets. In this regard, the key upcoming event is the official release of GWENT, scheduled for the final quarter of 2018, alongside the release of Thronebreaker – a standalone single-player campaign offering many hours of gameplay.

Key factors which will determine activities in the CD PROJEKT RED segment include ongoing projects, the scale of development work associated with those projects and their perceived popularity among players. In this context, the most significant factors shaping the current results of the CD PROJEKT Capital Group include the popularity of previously published games set in The Witcher universe, as well as – in future periods – the progress of development and market reception of the Company’s upcoming releases: Cyberpunk 2077 and GWENT: The Witcher Card Game, along with its Thronebreaker single-player campaign.

The fourth quarter of 2018 will also see the release of Thronebreaker, a standalone story-driven campaign. Positive reception of this product may have a trickle-down effect on the popularity of earlier RPGs featuring Geralt of Rivia among the GWENT community, and – by the same token – may also entice fans of The Witcher trilogy who decide to explore the world and storyline of Thronebreaker to try their hand at the multiplayer card game.

The most important contribution to results reported by the Capital Group in H1 2018 was from ongoing sales of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and the game’s two expansion packs: Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. The second most important product was GWENT: The Witcher Card Game, which remains in public beta tests as of the publication date of this report, and is undergoing modifications in the framework of the Homecoming project, announced in April 2018. In terms of ongoing development work, the bulk of H1 2018 expenses were associated with Cyberpunk 2077, GWENT and the Thronebreaker expansion.

upcoming produc-t-related [sic] events which may affect the Group’s revenues are scheduled for the final quarter of 2018, and include completion of the Homecoming project, finalization of the GWENT testing phase, followed by full official release, as well as release of a standalone single-player expansion titled Thronebreaker

GWENT is a F2P online game with optional microtransactions, currently available in multiplayer mode. In the fourth quarter of 2018 the Company intends to release Thronebreaker – a standalone single-player campaign for GWENT, offering many hours of gameplay. This adventure, replete with vivid, memorable characters, will enable players to once again immerse themselves in the perilous universe of The Witcher, where danger and powerful monsters lurk at every corner.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Shadows over Bögenhafen Released
3. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Shadows over Bögenhafen Released Aug 28, 2018, 16:05 CJ_Parker

klezatul wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 12:24:
Wow this is weird since "bög" means faggot in Swedish & Fatshark is from there..

Well, "Hafen" is German for harbor/haven/port so "Bögen" is probably German as well and in German it means arcs/arches/bows. "Bögen" is the plural form. The singular form would be "Bogen" sans the dots.
So, out of a combination of possible titles, the game's actual English localized title would be something like 'Shadows over Bowhaven' for example.

News Comments > Xbox All Access Announced
12. Re: Xbox All Access Announced Aug 28, 2018, 12:21 CJ_Parker

Numinar wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 05:51:
That said for the price of an S I could get Track IR so I can have less excuses for being rubbish in DCS... god this hobby is a money sink. I kind of wish I was just a narrow minded single platform supremacist sometimes.

Yes, my son, yeeeeeeessss, join the PCMR and let us rule the galaxy with an iron fist!

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Hidden Message
8. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Hidden Message Aug 28, 2018, 00:03 CJ_Parker

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 22:07:
I kinda skipped around the video because I don't want to see too much, but WTF was that shit with the rifle you just shoot in their general direction and the projectiles seek out enemies like little missiles? Made me throw up in my mouth a little...

The goal of that gun is to cater to the total n00b conslow peasant demographic who can't aim for shit with the twin sticks.
Now they just need to point that huge box in the general direction of enemies and then even they can win. It's like a reinvented AWESOME BUTTON!

News Comments > Devil's Hunt Video
2. Re: Devil's Hunt Video Aug 27, 2018, 22:37 CJ_Parker

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 21:49:
So, a fisticuffs Shadow of Mordor in Hell? This looks way more boring than the concept sounds. Into the "console trash" bin it goes...

Indeed. That looked generic and derivative as fuck.

5. Re: Xbox All Access Announced Aug 27, 2018, 18:53 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 18:35:
Xbox One X is definitely not mediocrity.

That's true. It is in the "outright shittiness" category I mentioned before .

Xbox = supreme garbage and the bane of PC gamers because MS keep backstabbing PC gamers every ten seconds. Even phones are more likable than Xbox garbage. At least phones don't fuck with PC games. Microsoft's Xbox focus does fuck with PC gaming BIG time (UWP, Xbox shit apps on Win10 and so on).

If this All Access shit takes off then watch PC gaming become a sub service as well when MS splits the Windows 10 world into versions with and without DirectX. The DirectX version will be starting at $21.99/month.
Guaranteed to happen. Why? Cuz they are greedy fucking assholes is why.

Yours CJ "Nostradamus" Parker who is able to predict Microsoft's assholery with 100% certainty.

2. Re: Xbox All Access Announced Aug 27, 2018, 17:36 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 16:39:
The PC Master Race, the console peasants, and the gamer dregs consisting of Xbox One X renters, casual Phone apps, and Microsoft Solitaire.

A very keen observation indeed and 100% on the money.

Yeah, the burger-munching bottom of the barrel plebs outnumber the connoisseurs but why should we care about their self-imposed misery? If they enjoy basking in peasantry, mediocrity and outright shittiness then so be it.

!!PCMR4EVAH!!

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video
4. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video Aug 27, 2018, 17:24 CJ_Parker

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 17:02:
Looks cool, though the xbox controller gameplay is nauseating. Why can't they demo this shit with a mouse + keyboard controller setup, I mean its a goddamn FPS ffs.

At least they are being upfront about their lead platform and main target demographics this time.

News Comments > Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated]
46. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 27, 2018, 02:58 CJ_Parker

Y'all are arguing way too much about this shit. Can't we, as usual, just settle for a good old 'FUCK EA'?

#toosoon (?)

News Comments > Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated]
24. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 26, 2018, 20:41 CJ_Parker

Moar gunz would have clearly prevented this shit. Y'all need to arm the gamers and the bartenders so they can shoot the li'l fucks next time.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Weekend
20. Re: Star Citizen Free Weekend Aug 25, 2018, 00:09 CJ_Parker

Bumpy wrote on Aug 24, 2018, 21:14:
Beside it being free, are there valid positive arguments to allocate my time towards this?

Sure. For example, if you download the free client, you get the unique chance to witness the greatest ever discrepancy between promise and delivery in the history of gaming. That's pretty cool for starters.

If that is not enough then how about your unique opportunity to mingle with cultists and outright nutcases? That's pretty awesome right there, too, no?

Also, if you have a troubleshooting fetish then this free weekend should be a wet dream come true. What's not to like about a little crashing, lagging and properly fucked up game mechanics?

All in all this is sooo worth it that there are no words to describe the worthiness of this unique opportunity to check out the BDSSE.

Seriously, it is a must-download. If you don't play this masterpiece then your gaming credentials are revoked.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Weekend
19. Re: Star Citizen Free Weekend Aug 24, 2018, 23:56 CJ_Parker

rawbelly wrote on Aug 24, 2018, 22:57:
This may sound so dumb...but what do you do in the game?

In the game? Nothing.

The only thing that is REALLY important is that you play the store and buy as many spaceship JPEGs as possible.

In the game, yes, you can sit in your cockpit and make pew pew sounds while imagining what an awesome game it could be in about 12 year or so.

Have fun!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 24, 2018, 14:55 CJ_Parker

It's pretty much guaranteed that there will be a 7nm Turing shrink next year.
nVidia is the much bigger and much more consistent customer at TSMC (while AMD temporarily defected to GloFo and obviously realized it was a shitty decision) so nVidia will surely get priority treatment with regard to 7nm production. nVidia will very likely have 7nm parts out at the same time or a little before AMD (Q3/Q4 next year).

But no new architecture next year, of course. Volta/Turing is the new architecture that is here to stay for a while. nVidia will only shrink to 7nm plus the usual optimizations and stuff, so GTX 30xx may come with PCIe 4.0 and HDMI 2.1 support, maybe faster/more GDDR6 and so on.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 23, 2018, 11:02 CJ_Parker

i woulda even bought da g4me if da chixx was nekkid  

News Comments > Biomutant Delayed
3. Re: Biomutant Delayed Aug 23, 2018, 08:55 CJ_Parker

Turd Ferguson wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 03:35:
I'm just really glad that devs still use heavy hallucinogenic drugs to influence their work Smoking

Yeah, man, this looks like a fucking Mickey Mouse cartoon on LSD. DAFUQ?!?!?!

News Comments > Get For Honor Starter Edition for Free
2. Re: Get For Honor Starter Edition for Free Aug 22, 2018, 20:10 CJ_Parker

Nope. I'm not even touching that garbage again for free. The beta was disappointing enough to never consider this game again. What a piece of shit.  

News Comments > No 2019 Assassin's Creed
1. Re: No 2019 Assassin's Creed Aug 22, 2018, 10:57 CJ_Parker

Aw, too bad. I was hoping they would keep on cranking them out annually so Origins' price would drop faster. It seems unlikely now that it will hit the desired €9.99 for the gold edition next year.

Makes me wonder tho if this might have to do with the next console gen. Maybe they're skipping a year to focus on AC for PS5 (and ShitBox whatever it will be called).

4697 Comments. 235 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo