Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4335 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Website Relaunches, Offers New Trailer
32. Re: Star Citizen Website Relaunches, Offers New Trailer Jan 27, 2018, 04:34 CJ_Parker

mellis wrote on Jan 26, 2018, 16:34:
I never get the hate over this title. What they're trying to achieve and what they have achieved is such a feat of computer engineering that it's frankly mind blowing from a technical perspective.

Spoken like the typical SC cultist.

What exactly is "mind blowing from a technical perspective"?

It is not hard to make something look pretty (especially when it runs like ass as a result). It is also not exactly mind blowing when their "MMO" still only supports -at the very most- a dozen players per instance before you start getting insane lag spikes and disconnects.

And that is with currently ZERO actual gameplay systems installed. Complex gameplay systems like the advertised super-detailed economy, smuggling, bounty-hunting, exploration, recon, multicrewing capital ships etc. etc. etc. will put shitloads of additional stress on all of the systems involved (constant checking of parameters, mission generation on the fly when certain conditions are met, millions of AI agents blahblahblah... it's insane what they have promised).

So, on a technical level the game has developed exactly as predicted by the "haters". Even this barebone tech demo version with zero gameplay systems runs like shit. They will never manage to make it a true MMO with hundreds of people in the same space at the level of fidelity that they have been advertising all the time.

Single player Squadron 42 (if ever completed) will surely be one hell of a fine looking game and it will hopefully have all the fidelity and features we have been hoping for. That's the easy part though and no one ever doubted that they can pull it off. It's single player. It's easy as pie. Just takes time and resources to build something amazing looking...
Talking 'bout time... it would have been cool if we actually would have gotten that game in 2014 or at the latest 2016 (as advertised via the S42 trailers).

Star Citizen, the online game, is a whole different ballpark and so far they have run (and not overcome) the exact technical hurdles that all the oh-so evil "haters" have seen coming from light years away.

I mean, anyone with a fraction of knowledge of tech should know that you can not have the advertised fidelity and a MMO at the same time.
You would have to create a tech beyond the speed of light where the bits and bytes travel from server to client and client to client in an instance via metaphysical teleporting. Not gonna happen. Christ Roberts is never going to defeat the laws of physics.

Latency is not an anti-SC conspiracy theory but a scientific fact. And when you have to account for people in Zimbabwe playing the game at 600ms latency with someone in the US at 20ms latency then that will always pose huge issues when you are trying to have a game with super-realistic physics like damage models and all of the "FIDELITEH" shit they have promised.
All that stuff will never be working at the level they have advertised due to scientific, physically existing realities of server/client infrastructures (including basic, simple things such as cable or wireless connections from A to B that impose a limit on the speed at which bits and bytes can travel).

Christ Roberts know this exactly, of course. He's just stringing people along because why not? It's giving his life a purpose and a nice pay check every month.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Railway Empire Released
3. Re: Railway Empire Released Jan 27, 2018, 03:37 CJ_Parker

Mingus wrote on Jan 26, 2018, 22:25:
No continental map of the USA is a 'no buy' IMHO.

Dafuq?

The announcement above states (last paragraph)...

In Railway Empire, players will conquer 19th century North America as they work to establish a vast rail network stretching from coast to coast.

And we can see in the video that they are building tracks around San Francisco and around Indianapolis.

So what exactly is missing (in terms of continental USA map) that is making this a 'no buy'?

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire in April; Preorders Begin
4. Re: Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire in April; Preorders Begin Jan 26, 2018, 02:41 CJ_Parker

I backed and really liked the first one after they finally released the GOTY. I did not back part 2 and won't be touching this one with a 10ft pole until there is a GOTY.

There were so many people who reported that the release version of PoE and the PoE GOTY were like a night & day difference, well, I feel truly sorry for the early adopters who will inevitably get a buggy and shitty experience due to Obshittian's overwhelming levels of competence.

I'm really looking forward to playing the v1.0 (GOTY) one fine day though. Everything they have shown so far has looked mighty good and the setting is pretty cool, too.
I hope they get those DLCs wrapped up soon-ish, bugs fixed, broken systems patched and then deliver the GOTY some time next year maybe...

News Comments > New Dragon Age Game in the Works
3. Re: New Dragon Age Game in the Works Jan 24, 2018, 21:50 CJ_Parker

Chances of this even having a single player mode: 0.0000000000000001%

Chances of MTX monetization out da a$$: 100%

Chances of me giving a fuck about a new DA: Does not compute. Division by zero error.

News Comments > Age of Conan Fresh Start Server
2. Re: Age of Conan Fresh Start Server Jan 24, 2018, 21:47 CJ_Parker

So is this their admission that all the legacy servers are fucked up and wrecked beyond any hope of salvation?  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans
3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans Jan 24, 2018, 21:40 CJ_Parker

It's all garbage.  

News Comments > John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie?
22. Re: John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie? Jan 23, 2018, 14:48 CJ_Parker

Guy looks like he fits the shoe. A few years ago the perfect fit would have been either Dolph Lundgren or one of the German bodybuilders like Ralf Moeller or Dennis Wolf. Well, or just fucking Arnie with his hair dyed blonde!  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jan 22, 2018, 12:56 CJ_Parker

Game is complete garbage anyway and has zero to do with the original R6. Fuck it. Who cares if it "hates new players"? Players should hate the game back simply cuz it's crap. GR Wildlands is infinitely better than this stupid shit.  

News Comments > More Destiny 2 Progression Complaints
20. Re: etc. Jan 18, 2018, 19:06 CJ_Parker

Why do people act surprised now? Any remotely informed gamer knew what was coming with the companies involved and their track record. It was clear as day from the start that this would become a boring, shitty grindfest with monetization out da azz.

What the fuck did you guys expect? Buying Destiny 2 and complaining about monetization is like going to a rock concert and complaining about loud music. It's retarded. You got what you signed up for. Now deal with it. It was your own poor choice to buy this piece of shit and it's not like no one warned you.

News Comments > Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel
15. Re: Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel Jan 18, 2018, 18:44 CJ_Parker

I quite liked the original game but it was definitely lacking in some areas, especially AI (as usual for just about every strategy game) and the overall complexity. It would have been cool if the star map would have had more strategic depth. It was all a little too easy, too plain, too bland, too straightforward to lead your fleet to victory.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2018, 15:23 CJ_Parker

Well, there is a sliver of hope. Crypto currencies are on a pretty massive decline this week. Let's hope it turns into all-out panic and sell-out mode. This shit needs to crash and burn hard.  

News Comments > Fable Return Rumor
8. Re: Fable Return Rumor Jan 17, 2018, 15:03 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Jan 17, 2018, 10:18:
a story and character-focussed open-world action RPG

"We saw how well Breath of the Wild did, and want some of that action! So we tabbed a racing game dev for it. Nothing can go wrong here, right?"

Edit: Fixed bad quote tag

Yup. That's fucking Mickeyshit right there. Retard level is all maxed out with them jokers.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Multiplayer Changes; Linux Edition Delayed
11. Re: BATTLETECH Multiplayer Changes; Linux Edition Delayed Jan 17, 2018, 15:00 CJ_Parker

They do announce some changes to what they promised during the game's crowdfunding, downplaying this by saying the game will be "surprisingly close" to the vision they originally pitched (apparently they assumed we wouldn't believe them).

If that is what they believed then they believed fucking right because just about every single crowdfunded project has been a fraud and a failure to some extent in one way or another.

Also, this game was originally scheduled for a May 2017 release so they better get their shit together this year. Glad I only backed this at the $25 min level.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Jan 16, 2018, 12:24 CJ_Parker

Bull-fucking-shit.  

News Comments > Get The Red Solstice for Free
1. Re: Get The Red Solstice for Free Jan 15, 2018, 21:17 CJ_Parker

Still nooooooooope.  

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Royale's Success
4. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Royale's Success Jan 15, 2018, 21:17 CJ_Parker

Nope-nope.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trial Tomorrow
1. Re: Battlefield 1 Trial Tomorrow Jan 15, 2018, 21:14 CJ_Parker

Nope.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Plans Include Eververse Changes
8. Re: Destiny 2 Plans Include Eververse Changes Jan 12, 2018, 15:13 CJ_Parker

robdot wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 10:33:
These games are just schemes to guide all the players to the online vendors. They make no attempts at all to hide this. It is the sole purpose of the "game". It is the most moronic thing I have ever seen people pay to participate in. You pay 60 dollars for the right to visit an online vendor to buy things that have no value outside of the line you paid 60 dollars to stand in.

Spot-on analysis right there. Here, Sir, have a crate of cigars!

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month
5. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month Jan 12, 2018, 14:55 CJ_Parker

Flatline wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 14:26:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:11:
Lets just take a step back and acknowledge the fact that those who bought Horizons last year are getting this season's updates for free. So much more content in the game now than what we had a year ago.

Yeah I'm genuinely kind of amazed. They must be making decent money on the skins & aesthetics.

And I'm sure the line 4 lifers from Kickstarter are grumpy.

What's a "line 4 lifer from Kickstarter"? I backed the game at founder level (150) and I'm perfectly fine with what I got.
They delivered the game almost on time (at least in the same year as promised), broke only one major promise (full offline play but WGAF) and gave us more than three years of free updates. Plus being a founder still has its perks like access to Jameson Memorial from the start without being required to have an Elite rank.
I have actually bought skins for my ships just to support Frontier because I felt kind of bad about getting so much out of the game for "free".

AFAIK, the only ones who have a reason to be slightly grumpy are the lifetime expansion pass buyers because their "lifetime" ended with Horizons if I understood things correctly. Those peeps might have to pay for future content (like everyone else).
But Frontier haven't really revealed their business model going forward so we'll have to see about all that.

News Comments > Prince of Persia Revival Sought
4. Re: Prince of Persia Revival Sought Jan 11, 2018, 20:48 CJ_Parker

I'm game for a M-rated XXX revival where we can own a harem of 25 Chrissy Teigens for some serious fucking and sucking up and down the Kamasutra.

Bring it on, bitches!

4335 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo