Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4118 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Ancient Frontier Trailer
1. Re: Ancient Frontier Trailer Aug 31, 2017, 11:26 CJ_Parker

...set in space, where no one can hear you flatulate...

Gimme a couple pounds of cabbage and a few pints of beer and we shall see about that, mkay?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aquanox: Deep Descent Trailer
3. Re: Aquanox: Deep Descent Trailer Aug 31, 2017, 11:23 CJ_Parker

Now they just need to learn to revive the good shit instead of the mediocre garbage. Like, instead of Aquanox, revive FreeSpace or instead of Rune revive Gothic.  

News Comments > JCB Pioneer: Mars Trailer
1. Re: JCB Pioneer: Mars Trailer Aug 30, 2017, 21:39 CJ_Parker

No triple bewbs = no buy  

News Comments > MS Open to More Cross-Play with Other Platforms
7. Re: MS Open to More Cross-Play with Other Platforms Aug 30, 2017, 16:01 CJ_Parker

Great idea. Who wouldn't want to mingle with as many dirty console peasants as possible!

/s

News Comments > Destiny 2 Open Beta
28. Re: Destiny 2 Open Beta Aug 29, 2017, 19:01 CJ_Parker

|RaptoR| wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 16:58:
http://imgur.com/a/zoymp

Getting 11 MB/s on my download. Time to ditch the DSL, I think.

Nope. Not a problem on my side. I get downloads from Origin at 6MB/s and Steam (unless there is sale going on and the Valve fuckers could not be bothered to upscale as usual) at about 5.7MB/s usually.

To be fair, the Deshittiny 2 download fluctuated between 900KB/s and 4MB/s so it was not 900KB/s the whole time. Don't give a crap anyway cuz I'm at work and had to leave the download running on my PC at home. It will certainly be done when I get home but still... another very good reason not to buy this shit if Battle.net is this slow and lame.

Anti-advertising at its best. Fucking Blizztards never learn. Same shit show every time they release a new game. "Ooooh we were kind of surprised by all the sudden popularity and interest. How could it happen that more than three people wanted to download our shit?? Oooohhh what a HUGE surprise!!!".
Blahblahblah. Yeah. Same shit. Every damn time. Fucking idiots.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Open Beta
9. Re: Destiny 2 Open Beta Aug 29, 2017, 14:50 CJ_Parker

Downloading this console peasant garbage as we speak . Let's see... so far this year's record holder for fastest uninstall on my side is the Titanfall 2 free trial which flew off my SSD after less than 10 minutes. Can Destiny 2 beat 10 minutes? Looking at the cheesy dumbass console kiddie trailers I have a feeling we might have a new winner here!

P.S.: What is this shit? 900KB/s download??? I thought Blizztard had nuff money for servers?? Guess not...

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer
2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Aug 28, 2017, 21:03 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 20:40:
Hope it's better than DOS. I dunno why buy DOS was pretty meh for me. Tried to get through it several times and just got bored and quit at some point along the way.

Not that you ever had ANY credentials to begin with but IF you had any credentials, and RPG credentials in particular, then they would now be considered revoked and trashed .

News Comments > Xenia This Week
8. Re: Xenia This Week Aug 28, 2017, 19:09 CJ_Parker

Is this trying to revive the C64 or something because it sure looks like it.  

News Comments > X4: Foundations Announced
22. Re: X4: Foundations Announced Aug 28, 2017, 19:06 CJ_Parker

Yeah S42 is going to be a heavy mix of FPS and space sim sadly. Erin Roberts once (though a long time ago back in 2014) mentioned a 60/40 ratio in favor of the FPS part and said it could even be higher depending on how much time you spend in FPS running around your carrier mothership.

The time when Squadron 42 was just going to be a spiritual Wing Commander sequel with only a little first person gameplay, like walking to the briefing room or the bridge with some story and cutscenes strewn in, have long sailed. They are making Call of Squadron 42 Duty: An Advanced Warfare Future Recon Warfighter Soldier's Destiny and ya better believe it bitch

There will be space pew-pew and plenty FPS ground pew-pew on the actual ground, when boarding enemy ships and on space stations and in zero gravity. They didn't do all that mocap and hiring actors for nothing.

News Comments > MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year
15. Re: MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year Aug 28, 2017, 18:45 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 17:51:
And their joysticks were great back in the day.

C'mon. That was 15+ years ago . It is also typical for them that they always discontinue their decent products. Sidewinder was an awesome product line all around (the sticks but also the incredible GameVoice). IntelliExplorer mice were decent for gaming, too, but their current mice suck.

The Shitbox is a low quality trash product because the price wars are forcing the console makers to put the lowest quality, cheapest of the cheap components into it. I'm betting they are even negging with the screw makers to get a half cent off per one million screws.
It all comes down to who is better at hiding the fact that you are effectively buying a super low quality cheap-ass trash potato toaster and Microsoft certainly isn't the winner in that regard.

News Comments > MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year
9. Re: MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year Aug 28, 2017, 16:09 CJ_Parker

No it isn't. The only GPU that AMD has that comes somewhat close to a 1070 is Vega and they won't put that in a Shitbox because it will literally be extremely more shittier than it already is. It would draw power like no tomorrow and sound like a jet is taking off in your living room. Granted, it is not beyond Microsoft to sell such garbage to people. The original X360 had similar traits.

Anyway, the GPU inside the XboneX POS is more like a 480 (so sub-1060 level). Here...

For a GPU comparison, the Xbox One X falls just shy of AMD’s Polaris-based RX 480 card, a card that we called “the only mid-range card that matters” in our Editor’s Choice distinguished review.

News Comments > X4: Foundations Announced
20. Re: X4: Foundations Announced Aug 28, 2017, 16:00 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 13:52:
I am still waiting for a new Privateer. Not a economy sim, no MMO, just a real single-player space adventure sim. (Cue all the Squadron 42 posts coming up!)

Squadron 42, like Star Citizen, has gone full retard and will be more like a space CoD clone than a Wing Commander or a Privateer. Privateer had very free form gameplay. Kind of like Elite... you get a ship and some dolares and what you make of your humble beginnings is up to you.
That's not Squadron 42. In Squadron 42, if it ever comes out, you will be playing a pretty fixed role as a space pilot/marine in the navy.

Any comparisons between Squadron 42 and Privateer are void. The more apt comparison would have been Privateer vs. Star Citizen before the latter went full retard.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 28, 2017, 15:51 CJ_Parker

OK, next up someone ask him to finally release Freelancer on GOG. Just to see if it really works like that...  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Tops Steam Player Count
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 28, 2017, 02:34 CJ_Parker

Yeah was that some kind of joke by the eraser dude? There is also CSGO with over 30 million copies, Skyrim 12 million, Civ 5 at 10 million, CSS almost 15 million, L4D2 14 million, Garry's Mod 11 million etc. etc. etc.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Tops Steam Player Count
3. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Tops Steam Player Count Aug 27, 2017, 17:49 CJ_Parker

Shallow, retarded lulz garbage like this is the reason why no one is making decent single player games anymore .  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Aug 27, 2017, 17:40 CJ_Parker

The reason smartwatches failed is very simple and it is called convenience. No one wants to recharge their watch daily or have to think about it. We're just not there yet in terms of battery power and duration. If smartwatches could be worn 24/7 and only needed a recharge every month or even less frequently then they'll be a thing.  

News Comments > Why is Brink Now Free? Why Not?
4. Re: Why is Brink Now Free? Why Not? Aug 27, 2017, 17:33 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 15:40:
Give me back my money you fuckers!

Only if you get on your knees and say "please",... "fucker".

BWWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

News Comments > etc., etc.
13. Re: Star Citizen Adding Real-Time Facial Animation System, See It Here… Aug 26, 2017, 16:18 CJ_Parker

I'd rather have a fleshlight tho....  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
18. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 26, 2017, 16:13 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 12:20:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 11:23:
Derek Smart went all psychotic on it. I seriously don't know what drives him or his hatred, but it is quite fascinating.

I watched some of the presentation last night and when CR described the little they added since last year, I just sighed. They haven't even finished a single system yet.

Of course not. But that did not stop Roberts from claiming at Gamescom 2015 that the FULL persistent universe would be done by the end of 2016.
Just a slight miscalculation with regard to the project schedule there, eh? Or... other motives(?)

If anyone still can not see that the guy is a completely incompetent project lead plus a pathological liar on top of it then I would strongly suggest to get help. Seriously. Go see a doctor and a shrink. Yesterday.

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: Star Citizen Adding Real-Time Facial Animation System, See It Here… Aug 26, 2017, 03:09 CJ_Parker

SlimRam wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 22:07:
Wasn't Star Citizen just shown at Gamescom? Was anyone there from Blue's? Anything on S42?

They have an official YT channel where you can find everything of importance, especially promo trailers for all the new vehicles (speederbikes are now all the rage) that will soon be on sale, of course!

Squadron 42 was once again a total no-show even though they originally meant to present a full mission (you know... a single one) at last year's Gamescom... which was then delayed to CitizenCon in October 2016 and then never heard of again. Pretty awesome, eh?

So the gist of it is business as usual like every annual Gamescom at CIG:

- Flashy promo trailers
- Plenty of new stuff on sale (I mean why not grab the dirt cheap Origin 600i for a measly $476 to celebrate Gamescom in fashion and style... or if you can't make up your mind which variant of the 600i you want, well, get them all in one cheap-ass package for only $993!)
- Introduction of a catchy sounding new tech to distract people (i.e. this facial crap here) and to give the fanbois fodder for arguing why all of the delays are most definitely worth it
- No word on Squadron 42
- Metric fucktons of lies during the presentation to string the feeble minded whales along

4118 Comments. 206 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo