Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3985 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 1: In the Name of the Tsar in September
3. Re: Battlefield 1: In the Name of the Tsar in September Jun 11, 2017, 14:57 CJ_Parker

Unreal 4 is so far superior and better, more realistic looking than this artificial looking garbage it's not even a contest.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak
38. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 11:19 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 02:32:
Oh Jesus Christ, CJ my man, it's been too long. I don't even know how to attack this, it feels like a trap, no matter what angle i take, it morphs into something even more ridiculous...

So I'm playing in a movie set, and that's bad, because I'm playing a Star Wars game, which is based on movies, but the actual locations look better, so the actual Tatooine looks better? Or the game's representation of the movie is bad because it's based on a movie and not the real location which is real, but video games aren't real, but they should be, but not movies...

Man, this hole goes deep. You're out of your fucking mind.

Dude, as I said... the Frostshite games look fucking artificial. The movie location Tatooine is actual locations in Tunisia and looks 100% more real in the movies than the retarded shiny high gloss plastic sand and rocks in SWBF. YES. Absolutely.

Frostshite is an abomination of an engine. It has unrealistic lighting, unrealistic vibrant colors and always looks like you are watching the action through a camera lens instead of actually being there, being the soldier and doing the actual fighting.
It is giving you a detached feeling like you are a distant war observer and not a soldier or a hero or a fucking elf (DAI) or whatever.

It kind of has the same look and feel like those TVs with high Hz technology, e.g. Sony's Motionflow. When you activate that stuff, you are all of a sudden cast in the role of someone on the set of the shooting. I don't know if there is a proper technical term for this strange effect but Frostshite causes the gaming equivalent to that effect and it fucking sucks.

33. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 02:20 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 00:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 19:05:
Star Wars Battlefront 2: Official Gameplay Trailer

You've got to admit that the engine looks simply amazing.

To me it does not. Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. You're not really there. It is not visceral but turns you into a distant observer like a Kamikaze Kappa war reporter who is filming and following the action through his HD camera lens for high gloss warfare coverage.

The graphical fidelity per se is very high, of course, but that is no surprise due to the photogrammetry tech they are using. However, all of this is worth chicken shit when the end result does not manage to actually put you in the action. It is worth even less when the gameplay is fucking garbage like the first game.
I'm sure I'll buy SWBF 2 eventually for the SP campaign but it'll be $10 max, maybe $15 if reviews of the campaign are unanimously positive but I'm not holding my breath.

4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 10, 2017, 11:51 CJ_Parker

Prequel garbage needs to DIAF but they can shove this game anyway after the lame first one. $10 sale material. Maybe.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
3. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jun 9, 2017, 22:15 CJ_Parker

Xero wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 21:02:
I"m waiting on a price drop to score the MSI 1070 Gaming Z edition. It's one of the beast 1070s you can buy that isn't found in Europe.

Not sure if I misundahst00dz summin' here but I'm in EU and I could order the MSI 1070 Gaming Z no problem right now for about €440 (none in stock atm). A dealer who actually has stock sells them for €463. Amazon Germany is expecting new shipments to arrive June 18th (€470).

News Comments > Get Outland for Free
4. Re: Get Outland for Free Jun 6, 2017, 22:12 CJ_Parker

Looks way too crappy, even for free. Pass.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Jun 6, 2017, 20:19 CJ_Parker

Good to see that BioWare is putting so much effort into solving the REAL issues of this game...

Expanded Male Romance Options for Scott Ryder

Scott Ryder can now pursue Jaal as a romance option. There are several important reasons for this change:

Scott Ryder did not have a same-sex squadmate available as a romance option, nor could the achievement for completing three romances be achieved with only male same-sex partners. And as the angara have expressed their fluidity in how they perceive gender, it seemed only natural that Scott could have a relationship with Jaal.

However, we understand that a character’s orientation is an important part of what makes them feel real. The relationships with your crew are some of the most loved and cherished parts of our games, so we wanted to make sure we got it right. We consulted with members of the LGBTQ community, both externally and within our own studios. After carefully considering all feedback, we decided this was an important change to make, and one that made sense for Jaal, Scott, and the angara.

Our writing, editing, and animation teams worked together to ensure this change made sense for Jaal’s character, and the result is a relationship we hope feels as fulfilling and memorable for Scott as it does for Sara.

News Comments > Battleborn F2P/Free Trial
8. Re: Battleborn F2P/Free Trial Jun 6, 2017, 18:42 CJ_Parker

DarkCntry wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 17:24:
It's a hero shooter...I mean, it's exactly what it says on the tin right there.

Nope. If the "tin" really said what's inside then it would read "casual garbage cash grab".

News Comments > Dauntless E3 Trailer
2. Re: Dauntless E3 Trailer Jun 6, 2017, 16:01 CJ_Parker

2005 called. It wants its graphics and its poor man's WoW clone back.  

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rewards
3. Re: Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rewards Jun 5, 2017, 20:34 CJ_Parker

$20 for adding a character class?? r u krazee brah?!?!?!  

News Comments > Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month
1. Re: Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month Jun 3, 2017, 15:07 CJ_Parker

Dinosaurs in NWN eh?

QUE EL FUCKO?!?

News Comments > Destiny 2 Gameplay Trailer
2. Re: uh Jun 3, 2017, 12:01 CJ_Parker

It's aimed at the usual mouthbreathing Bungie audience. They won't even realize that there is no gameplay in there.  

News Comments > Steam Direct Fee is $100
9. Re: Steam Direct Fee is $100 Jun 2, 2017, 21:01 CJ_Parker

Wow, what an unexpected decision... like Valve really ever gave a fuck. Of course they went for the lowest possible fee in order to keep collecting the $$$, no matter how shitty or fake a game might be.  

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback Announced
3. Re: Need for Speed Paycheck Jun 2, 2017, 10:54 CJ_Parker

Dear EA,

nope.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics
3. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 1, 2017, 22:39 CJ_Parker

lol they want monies for this garbage???  

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX and People Can Fly Collaborate
1. Re: SQUARE ENIX and People Can Fly Collaborate Jun 1, 2017, 20:14 CJ_Parker

Hahaha "original". I lol'ed. Hard.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 31, 2017, 15:03 CJ_Parker

It was part of the livestream. Looks like that Burrito dude is planning to buy a datacenter instead of a PC cuz that's what EPYC is for.

Oh well. Whatever floats yer boat, bro. Hope you got enough space at home and make sure to buy some ear protection plus an extra sweater cuz it might get kinda noisy and cool at home with a full datacenter setup.

* Me thinks the Burrito dude, instead of salivating, should have watched the livestream more attentively to realize what EPYC actually is. What he is probably talking about and is really interested in is the Threadripper CPU for the PC desktop and not the EPYC datacenter stuff.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization May 31, 2017, 14:53 CJ_Parker

LOL @ gaming on a laptop  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Fallen Ghosts DLC
7. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Fallen Ghosts DLC May 31, 2017, 14:52 CJ_Parker

GOTY or GTFO  

News Comments > DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Announced
1. Re: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Announced May 30, 2017, 21:56 CJ_Parker

Well, 'tis about time. The first time I heard about a F-18 being added to DCS "soon" must have been five years ago or something like that .

Still the biggest problem of this sim IMO... the gawddang snail's pace. They (or the respective 3rd parties) really need to crank out the most prevalent fan favorite modern jets and classic planes more quickly while also working on a realistic dynamic campaign theater with awesome AI that will keep players busy for a long time ( = make a modern version of F-22 TAW).
Maybe they should finally focus on one era, too, and decide whether they first want to "finish" the WW2 setting or the modern era. More focus = faster results (hopefully).

3985 Comments. 200 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo