Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3319 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Patch
5. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Patch May 30, 2016, 15:04 CJ_Parker

Overon wrote on May 30, 2016, 14:31:
I'm glad they are making improvements to the game still. I always says that the best game experience is had after waiting. I know it's hard for gamers to wait instead of buying day 1. Seeing everyone else playing it. Multiplayer games I can understand. But single player games you have no excuse. If you wait, not only will you get the most polished game, but also it will cost you the least amount of money.

Wordz of wizdom there, Sir! I am also glad I waited (keep waiting) for the GOTY or EE. I have no problem watching "everyone else" playing it. Who cares? The game being single player is roughly the same for dude A, dude B, dude C, dude D, everyone. No one is a special snowflake for playing it early, no matter how much they think they may be.

With CDP in particular, thanks to their excellent support, you just know that you are getting a much improved experience once they are done patching and expanding the game.
I'm gonna buy a GTX 1080 later this year to enjoy the best possible experience the fully enhanced and patched up GOTY/EE version has to offer by then.

The benefits of a little patience: A much better game on much better hardware for a much better price. Win-win-win.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
13. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 30, 2016, 05:28 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on May 30, 2016, 05:15:
Doesn't really show much but does confirm that the GPU is only making contact with 4/5 heatpipes

Dude? Glasses? It's actually only touching 2.5 heatpipes. Note that only the small center square is the actual GPU. The shit around the small square is just shit. Well, glue and shit.

anyone care to explain what 8+2 means?

Yeah. Simple. It means that this GPU has juice like Peter North.

9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 29, 2016, 23:36 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on May 29, 2016, 22:58:
10 Slick bucks to the first person to post a detailed review of the Strix. (I already found the translated Chinese one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv_B-zc0kcE

And consider it free. I don't want your 3rd world Slick bucks currency!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 29, 2016, 20:01 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on May 29, 2016, 19:44:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 29, 2016, 17:50:
Fucking what??? Youtuber's fucking life in a fucking Steam fucking top 10???

DAFUXXORATION???

This is it, guys. May 29th 2016. Gaming has officially totally gone down the shitter. Doomsday. It's over. The fucktards have won.

Is you post supposed to be humorous? You sound like a 14 y/o.

You offend me... I was hoping to sound like 12 and below

2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 29, 2016, 17:52 CJ_Parker

Dude, the custom models have been announced with a MSRP of $599 from day one (May 6th). The FE's MSRP is $699 and of course it does not "stick" to the custom models because the custom models are not the FE.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 May 29, 2016, 17:50 CJ_Parker

Fucking what??? Youtuber's fucking life in a fucking Steam fucking top 10???

DAFUXXORATION???

This is it, guys. May 29th 2016. Gaming has officially totally gone down the shitter. Doomsday. It's over. The fucktards have won.

News Comments > Mafia III Trailer
5. Re: Mafia III Trailer May 28, 2016, 15:51 CJ_Parker

Acleacius wrote on May 28, 2016, 14:55:
Still haven't played Mafia 2. Not that I could buy it if I wanted, it's still removed from Steam

You in the US of A, right? Here in EU Mafia 2 can be bought from Steam. Only Mafia 1 is a no-show. Maybe have a EU friend gift ya a copy or buy retail? Or check the Steam store... maybe it is back on Steam in the US, too, and your info is just outdated.

As for Mafia 3, yeah, garbage console port = Steam sale material (if at all). No brainer.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 28, 2016, 11:08 CJ_Parker

Ozmodan wrote on May 28, 2016, 08:36:
All this 1080 testing is fine, but when you get down to it, no game needs this much power atm.

Bovine feces, dude.

Lots of people with actual standards, you know, as opposed to latent console peasantry, can easily push these cards to the limit even in full HD via:

- DSR
- VR
- 3D Vision
- Surround setups
- 120/144/165Hz displays "requiring" high fps
- Mods (ENB, textures, whatevs)

Heck, in some cases even just turning everything to ultra settings with 8x MSAA and the highest SSAO settings can be enough to give even a GTX 1080 a run for its monnnneeeehhhh.

So if your definition of "need" and "runs" matches that of a console peasant who is fine with it as long as the game doesn't look like Pacman then yeah you won't "need" as much power but anyone with actual standards who fully embraces the potential of gaming on a high end PC will be very interested in these cards. I know I am and I might get a GTX 1080 in a few weeks when the price wars have settled down.

I'm on 1440p and even this GTX 1080 motherfucker still can not run Crysis 3 at a steady 60+fps. Godfuckindammit. I'm already looking forward to the next gen after Pascal.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2016, 10:26 CJ_Parker

Hahaha a B-17 gunner with the name of "Rector" is straight from the shit-you-can-not-make-up category!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
15. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 26, 2016, 18:01 CJ_Parker

Saboth wrote on May 25, 2016, 22:18:
Fritzo wrote on May 25, 2016, 21:26:
Microsoft has since fixed the Windows 10 upgrade window.

It now says "If you DO NOT not want to not upgrade, click the Upgrade button."

Lol. I really fail to understand how MS just glosses over the fact that automatically upgrading to 10 can break people's software that they might have paid hundreds or thousands of dollars for. Hell, Windows 10 just outright uninstalled 2 programs I had on my machine, without even notifying me or anything. I just upgraded and they were completely gone. Fortunately they were both easily reinstalled, but maybe someone else doesn't have their disks or codes or something. Or maybe a company has some legacy software that they rigged up to barely work in Windows 7, and Windows 10 breaks it.

You fail to understand that because you are a normal human being with regular brain activity. The fucktards at Microsoft who are making decisions like the forced upgrade have the severe disadvantage of being completely retarded amoeba.
It is incomprehensible because of real world biological and physiological differences. Don't waste time trying to understand it. You can not possibly sink that low IQ-wise. No one can. Redmond has a very unique kind of total retard population.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews May 26, 2016, 17:53 CJ_Parker

Is that interview for the hearing impaired or WTF is up with that ALL CAPS SHIT????

Fookin' A, man!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delayed?
8. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 11:28 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 26, 2016, 10:22:
Not a real surprise, but I'm still looking forward to buying this for $9.99 or less.

Yes.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 25, 2016, 20:13 CJ_Parker

*must resist tasteless joke about robots jumping off Foxconn rooftops*  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Launch Trailer
4. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Launch Trailer May 25, 2016, 11:17 CJ_Parker

Well, I hope that this is not it. I mean content-wise it is, of course, but I'm hoping that they will now focus their last TW3 efforts on an Enhanced Edition like with the previous Witchers. Some balancing, polishing, bug-fixing, performance optimizations, maybe even a DirectX 12 patch or 4K textures.
Come on, CDP. Please make it so and bring on the EE or GOTY. I wanna buy the complete edition... I ain't into this half-baked piecemeal stuff with a DLC here and a DLC there.

Xmas wishlist: GTX 1080 + TW3 GOTY... make it happenz or I am disappoint!!1

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER May 24, 2016, 12:54 CJ_Parker

At the same time everyone is jacking off over DOOM which is also protected by Denuvo but if CA does it then it's devil's work, of course.

Aaaahhh the sweet, sweet smell of bullshit and hypocrisy!

News Comments > Overwatch Launches
16. Re: Overwatch Launches May 24, 2016, 08:58 CJ_Parker

sauron wrote on May 24, 2016, 08:36:
Trevellian wrote on May 24, 2016, 07:48:
That combo is easily fucking handled by a Tracer Ult, Pharah, hell even a decent Junkrat would look at that combo as candy.

No offense, but is the cursing really necessary at 7:48am? You can make your point without looking like a 13 year old.

What the fucking fuck is wrong with fucking 7:48AM?

News Comments > Overwatch Video Drivers
8. Re: Overwatch Video Drivers May 24, 2016, 08:51 CJ_Parker

{PH}88fingers wrote on May 24, 2016, 08:43:
I don't know about that advice. Advice to the release to this driver if you have crashing issues to set that power management mode to Prefer Maximum Performance as a common troubleshooting step.

Well, "adaptive" used to be the (working just fine for the vast majority of users) default for many, many years.

Now nVidia has introduced a new setting without any documentation *and* made it the global default.

Assuming you have issues after upgrading to this latest driver, the reasonable order in which to troubleshoot things would naturally be:

1) Go back to the "adaptive" setting which has been known to work for years.

2) If that does not fix the issue you are having, yes, you could try the "maximum performance" setting (your GPU will run at 100% load regardless of actual demands with that setting so it's a really crappy setting actually) or roll back the driver to the last working version.

6. Re: Overwatch Video Drivers May 24, 2016, 08:28 CJ_Parker

Quick hint for y'all here. Those of you who regularly check and alter their driver settings after a new install have probably noticed this already but for everyone else it may be of interest to know that nVidia have changed the options inside the "Power management settings".

The new setting, and as of now global default, is "optimal power". There used to be only a choice between "adaptive" (default) and "prefer maximum performance". If you mouse over the setting, there isn't a tooltip for what "optimal power" does yet. It only still tells you what adaptive and maximum performance are for.
To be on the safe side, I switched this back to "adaptive" (in true never change a running system style).
I would recommend you do the same, especially if your card shows some kind of unwanted behavior with regard to performance or clock rates etc.

Goddammit, nVidia. You stealthy bastards. How about providing proper documentation inside the control panel (no I don't feel like googling this shit) when adding a new fucking feature?

2. Re: Overwatch Video Drivers May 23, 2016, 20:37 CJ_Parker

Overon wrote on May 23, 2016, 20:05:
What are these drivers ready for that the previous drivers weren't ready for? I don't get this whole "game ready" shit. What does it mean exactly?

Dude, devs write custom shaders for their games during development or make use of other computing-related features and functions (often times with nVidia engineers on site for consulting and implementation).
All of these customizations are then passed on to the driver team and they basically optimize and accelerate the processing of these customizations on the driver level.
That is why game-ready drivers usually perform a few percent better than the previous drivers.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 23, 2016, 19:21 CJ_Parker

HoSpanky wrote on May 23, 2016, 17:32:
Also, the memory article was surprising. I didn't think ram speeds made any difference in gaming anymore...at least not over a frame or two. I don't do any video work, but if I did, I'd be ordering some 4ghz ram right NAO.

Well, we got to remember that they ran this with relatively tame game settings (either no AA or just shitty FXAA instead of proper MSAA/TXAA etc.) and 980Ti in SLI, i.e. the RAM could shine because there was no GPU limit. That isn't a very good real world test though. Most people will usually try to max out image quality vs. performance and if the GPU becomes the delimiter then you end up with nearly no difference between slower or faster DDR4-RAM as we have seen in other similar tests.

After spending dozens of hours benchmarking ten different memory speeds on the Intel Z170 + Skylake platform we must admit that we are too shocked by the findings. Our benchmarks show that the memory bandwidth increased, but there wasn’t a tangible improvement in system performance with real applications. We ran other applications and game titles when we tested this memory kit and you mostly ended up with flat performance charts like you saw in Handbrake or any of the game titles that we tested today. We saw some nice performance gains from DDR4-2133 to DDR4-2666, but strangely the pricing for the G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2133 and 2666 dual channel kits are identical. That is where you’ll see the biggest performance gain in the real world benchmarks and you can get that benefit for free right now. There is only a $15 difference between 2133MHz and 3200MHz memory, so skip a meal out and opt for higher clocked kit if you are on a tight budget! The DDR4-3466 and DDR4-3600 kits are nice for overclockers trying to get high memory bandwidth scores, but there it’s hard to justify spending $230 or $400 on a kit of memory that does little on real world applications.

... or here...

As Anandtech’s benchmarks show, the benefits of moving from DDR4-2133 to DDR4-3200 are tiny. The vast majority of consumer applications and games show gains of 0-5%. To be clear, Anandtech does find a few applications where this trend gets bucked — minimum frame rates are up a touch in several titles, particularly in SLI testing, and there’s one benchmark, the Redis memory key-store test, where moving from DDR4-2133 to DDR4-3200 gives a relatively huge benefit of 16% for a 50% clock rate boost. These gains, however, are erratic and unpredictable.

3319 Comments. 166 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo