Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3362 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Elder Scrolls VI in Development
55. Re: Elder Scrolls VI in Development Jun 14, 2016, 17:26 CJ_Parker

MacLeod wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 17:17:
Was thinking of picking up Skyrim again and finishing it. Anyone have a GOOD recommended list of mods to use. I've installed the unofficial legendary patch, the high res patch and the SkyUI (and SKSE, obviously). Which I know I was using last time I played, but wasn't sure if there were any other good stuff that's like near necessity.

Just go here and have at it:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 14, 2016, 17:01 CJ_Parker

PHJF wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 16:55:
Other than that Oblivion was jaw-dropping gorgeous on the PC with awesome varied landscapes from those snow-covered mountains to the lush forests and grasslands around the Imperial City and the swamps somewhere down south.

It was one of the worst-animated games of its time, too. Bethesda games usually are.

Yep. That's why I said the character models were not as good as the rest of the game. "Worst animated" is hyperbole though. There was tons of other low res Shitbox console garbage at the time that looked considerably worse.

49. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 14, 2016, 16:46 CJ_Parker

Not sure what some of y'all are smoking or if y'all played the garbage Shitbox edition but Oblivion on PC was a fantastic looking game by 2006 standards. The first thing everyone had to do was dial down the grass density because it would bring even the fastest GPUs to their knees back then.

The game's only graphical problems were the character models (as always in Bethesda games) which did not live up to the rest of the spectacle and the overdone bloom/HDR which made the rocks look a little artificial. It was a typical issue of that era though. Bloom/HDR was relatively new back then and those devs loved to put it to use in abundance. Every other game was suffering from exaggerated HDR effects.

Other than that Oblivion was jaw-dropping gorgeous on the PC with awesome varied landscapes from those snow-covered mountains to the lush forests and grasslands around the Imperial City and the swamps somewhere down south.

News Comments > Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed
6. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed Jun 14, 2016, 12:43 CJ_Parker

Cock, Microsoft. Go suck one.  

21. Re: Elder Scrolls VI in Development Jun 14, 2016, 12:31 CJ_Parker

You guys are crazy to even bring up 2017. Look at what he says... "very long way off"... "going to take a lot of time"... "many years from now"... "very long term".

Then think about it. They are working on a new "future-proof" engine with probably the same mod capabilities and two other large projects, all with a team of about 100 devs max... Bethesda isn't one of those huge 300+ employees gigs like CD Projekt.

And when he says that they think very long term what he means is future hardware, i.e. console cycles. With the time it takes to build Bethesda's huge open world games, they are ideally going to want to have a solid base as an engine that they can use for a couple of upcoming console cycles.

So, chances are extremely high that TES VI will have a '2' as the third digit in its release year. I'd be fairly surprised if it happens this decade.

News Comments > DOOM Demo During E3
17. Re: DOOM Demo During E3 Jun 14, 2016, 07:41 CJ_Parker

Look, I did not say it's garbage. I admitted it might be fun in short lunch break bursts for some casual run'n'gun action.
But some people have been acting like this is the Second Coming worth full price and it just ain't even close to that IMO. This is the kind of game that should be a free code in a box of Cheerios.

News Comments > Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands in March
7. Re: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands in March Jun 14, 2016, 06:05 CJ_Parker

This was the only positive surprise of last year's E3. I just hope the single player is good but since they are focusing on coop it will certainly have a season pass and shitty multiplayer grind (that can be bypassed via $$$, of course) spilling over into and ruining the single player *sigh*...  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
37. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Jun 14, 2016, 05:56 CJ_Parker

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 23:02:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 16:01:
Hopefully never. Those incompetent hacks should only be allowed to fuck up their own IP and no longer that of innocent third parties.
Got some pretty shit taste there. Especially since NV is still twice the game FO4 is.

My taste in anything Fallout is non-existent because I don't give a shit about those games at all. Not my cup of tea.

There are enough other poor, buggy, clunky, shitty Obsidian games for me to know about their complete lack of skill. I have had the misfortune of playing some of them and I can still taste the vomit when thinking about it.

14. Re: DOOM Demo During E3 Jun 14, 2016, 05:49 CJ_Parker

Quboid wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 21:04:
Very enjoyable old-school shooter

I don't get the appeal after playing the demo. It was just as disappointing as the lame multiplayer beta.

This is a casual shooting gallery. It's Candy Crush with guns. Nothing more, nothing less.
I don't see what is "old school" about it except the rather shitty graphics.

It doesn't even have reload. Most of my old school shooters had a reload mechanic and they often times had gameplay revolving around the preservation of ammo. Ammo was often times sparse, especially at the higher difficulty levels. You had to either aim and shoot really well or explore a lot to find hidden stashes with additional clips of ammo. That was old school. Not even having reload is casual crap.

The weapons also lack ooomph. Where's the visceral BOOM when you fire the shotgun? Not there. It's tame and lame.

Now add to this stuff like the glory kill QTEs (that's exactly what they are... a QTE) or checkpoint saves instead of a proper F5 save anywhere and you have a casual console port shooting gallery that may be fun in very short bursts on a lunch break but it ain't nuttin' special I'll tell ya that!

$2.99 sale for the GOTY. Maybe. But probably not. Pass. Next.

News Comments > Gears of War 4 for Windows 10
10. Re: Gears of War 4 for Windows 10 Jun 14, 2016, 05:34 CJ_Parker

Yeppers. Not a single fuck given here. Besides, a UWP game on my PC? Not gonna happen this lifetime, fellas. Fuck off with your console port garbage, Microsoft.  

News Comments > Tyranny Trailer
7. Re: Tyranny Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 18:38 CJ_Parker

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 17:46:
That riff from CJ could apply to Alpha Protocol maybe, but that was some time ago and in 3D. PoE was technically sound.

Yeah. After about a year and a dozen patches.

And yet you still have MAJOR issues in recent versions of the game.

From the 3.02 patch notes (March 2016):

- Fixed an issue where some player's game would reset after completing Part 1.
- Fixed an issue where some players couldn't activate the White Forge or enter Durgan's Battery.
- Fixed an issue with the final Eyeless SI becoming stuck if you selected yourself.
- Fixed an issue where some players would get stuck at the Caed Nua End Slide.
- Fixed multiple issues where some players received black screens on load/transitioning.

^ all pretty much game-breaking bugs

Or one of my all-time favs from the 2.03 patch (which was preceded by at least eight patches so it was a bug introduced way past release):

- Fixed an issue that was causing certain quests to take experience instead of granting it.

^ BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Yup. They know what they are doing in Obsidian land. I mean just check out the patch notes of all ~13 major patches (I was not joking when I said a "dozen") since release. Literally thousands of issues were fixed and a lot of them are not exactly what you would call minor stuff.

News Comments > Tyranny Trailer
3. Re: Tyranny Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 17:40 CJ_Parker

It's Obsidian. They are simply trying to hide the clunkiness, poor performance, garbage animations (one can see a hilarious "running animation" of the party which looks like it's straight from a Goofy cartoon at 00:15), wonky camera, plain as day bugginess, crashes, and bluescreens from the public eye for as long as humanly possible.  

24. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Jun 13, 2016, 17:34 CJ_Parker

Dude, I know you're an Ant but unless you are using some wicked ant tech to translate ant language to human language I'd suggest to maybe, you know, umm... read the fookin' news you are commenting on?

But since I'm generally known as a nice guy and exemplar to society I shall answer your question: YES.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
55. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 13, 2016, 16:25 CJ_Parker

Slashman wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 13:51:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 11:51:
Slashman wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 08:20:
... but because its failure could really hurt crowd-funding for all devs going forward because of the fame the project has generated.

To be fair other devs have mightily contributed to crowdfunding fatigue themselves. SC would be the most prominent total failure if it goes boom but many crowdfunding projects and devs including inXile, Obsidian and Larian Studios have overpromised and underdelivered big time in one way or another.

I, for one, am done with crowdfunding. And it's only partially because of my disappointment with CIG. Other prominent gigs have shown a lack of respect towards their loyal supporters, too.

Are you seriously suggesting that Divinity:OS (89% on Steam user reviews), Pillars of Eternity (92% on Steam user reviews) and Wasteland 2 (82% on Steam user reviews) are colossal failures of crowdfunding? Seriously?

You think those are comparable to where SC is heading, having delivered critically acclaimed games with fractions of the budget that SC generated and had generally happy buyers?

Take a step out of the tiny bubble you have sat yourself in and realize that those people delivered decent games that most people liked. That you thought they were sub-par matters not in the slightest. "I don't like combat in Wasteland 2" or "D:OS needed more content" is a friggin' galaxy away from "None of the shit in this game works properly and 4 people are the max for instance stability in this MMO that cost 115+ million to make."

I don't feel like getting into the details since that has been done to death but all of the games you have mentioned have majorly under delivered compared to what was promised. Let us be accurate here. I never said that the games are subpar. I just expressed my disappointment with the dishonesty of the parties involved and not the quality of the product per se.

At least D:OS turned into a great game but that does not "fix" the fact that it's missing a shopping list of promised features or how poorly the absence of those things was communicated to the backers who surely would have deserved a more honest and open approach. Instead Larian tried to cover it all up until backers nagged persistently and they were forced to make some statements.

That is the gist of it. Part of the whole idea of crowdfunding was to eliminate publishers and their disrespect and dishonesty with regard to their customers. I do not see how the developers are different from publishers. You still get the same bullshit of overpromising and underdelivery plus half-assed beta releases (that do get patched until a year or two later... so at least that is slightly better than a publisher game).

Anyway that's why I'm done with crowdfunding. They had their chance. They all fucked it up in one way or another and now I just don't give a crap anymore. And let's face it... PoE and WL2 while "decent" have stayed FAR below fan expectations so if crowdfunding dies entirely it wouldn't be a huge loss.

22. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 16:01 CJ_Parker

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 13:42:
So....

When is Obsidian going to make another Fallout game?

Hopefully never. Those incompetent hacks should only be allowed to fuck up their own IP and no longer that of innocent third parties.

7. Re: DOOM Demo During E3 Jun 13, 2016, 12:56 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 12:52:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 12:33:
Nullity wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 12:21:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 12:18:
Works flawless here except for the fact that you can not skip the retarded logos of which there are an annoying fuckton. One more reason to buy this shit for $4.99 at best. It runs great at a steady 60fps on my GTX 980 all maxed out at 1440p though which is a positive surprise (well, kinda... let's face it, the game ain't exactly a spectacle even at ultra settings).

In Steam... right-click Doom -> Properties -> Set Launch Options -> add "+com_skipIntroVideo 1".

Yeah, thanks, I googled that right after I started the game for the first couple times and disabled the intro shit but it's still a principle thing. It shows that the game developer has zero respect for their customers so I'll be paying them near zero for their garbage. They can go fuck themselves hard.

Take Blizzard for example. I'm not a Blizz fanboi by any stretch of the imagination but they are a shining example of elegance and user friendliness in many regards.
For example, if you launch StarCraft 2 for the first time, you'll see the Blizzard logos etc.
The next time you launch the game it skips straight to the main menu screen automatically because it sets a simple flag to remember that you have seen their shit. It's minor stuff like this that can make a difference between night & day in the perception of the customer.

In Doom's case id/Beth are losing $$$ from me because of their sloppiness and utter disrespect. $4.99 sale. Not a penny more...

Personally, this feels like a weird thing to say a game is worth only $4.99 for.

Do you have a markdown schedule? A nice table that says if Game does X you cut off Y dollars? For instance, if shift is bound to crouch instead of run you will take 25 cents off the price, and if crouch is only available as a toggle you take $1.47 off?

Aaaarggghhh don't remind me of those fuck-ups . You are right though... I should lower my price target to $2.99 for their non-standard keyboard defaults!

11. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 12:50 CJ_Parker

They have stated quite clearly that it will be a very long time before they get back to talking about single player TES. It ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Not as long as TESO is successful. They ain't gonna cannibalize their own shit.

'sides, Bethesda Game Studios isn't that huge. They only have about a hundred people who have all worked on FO4 until recently and are still working on the DLC for that game.
For a TES VI they are first going to have to come up with an all new engine that they can use for several future games (at the very least a full future console generation) with proper mod support. That's a monumental undertaking all by itself. There ain't gonna be a TES VI until well past 2020. Search your feelings and you will know it to be true!

5. Re: DOOM Demo During E3 Jun 13, 2016, 12:33 CJ_Parker

Nullity wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 12:21:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 12:18:
Works flawless here except for the fact that you can not skip the retarded logos of which there are an annoying fuckton. One more reason to buy this shit for $4.99 at best. It runs great at a steady 60fps on my GTX 980 all maxed out at 1440p though which is a positive surprise (well, kinda... let's face it, the game ain't exactly a spectacle even at ultra settings).

In Steam... right-click Doom -> Properties -> Set Launch Options -> add "+com_skipIntroVideo 1".

Yeah, thanks, I googled that right after I started the game for the first couple times and disabled the intro shit but it's still a principle thing. It shows that the game developer has zero respect for their customers so I'll be paying them near zero for their garbage. They can go fuck themselves hard.

Take Blizzard for example. I'm not a Blizz fanboi by any stretch of the imagination but they are a shining example of elegance and user friendliness in many regards.
For example, if you launch StarCraft 2 for the first time, you'll see the Blizzard logos etc.
The next time you launch the game it skips straight to the main menu screen automatically because it sets a simple flag to remember that you have seen their shit. It's minor stuff like this that can make a difference between night & day in the perception of the customer.

In Doom's case id/Beth are losing $$$ from me because of their sloppiness and utter disrespect. $4.99 sale. Not a penny more...

3. Re: DOOM Demo During E3 Jun 13, 2016, 12:18 CJ_Parker

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
49. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 13, 2016, 11:51 CJ_Parker

Slashman wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 08:20:
... but because its failure could really hurt crowd-funding for all devs going forward because of the fame the project has generated.

To be fair other devs have mightily contributed to crowdfunding fatigue themselves. SC would be the most prominent total failure if it goes boom but many crowdfunding projects and devs including inXile, Obsidian and Larian Studios have overpromised and underdelivered big time in one way or another.

I, for one, am done with crowdfunding. And it's only partially because of my disappointment with CIG. Other prominent gigs have shown a lack of respect towards their loyal supporters, too.

3362 Comments. 169 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo