Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3426 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 6, 2016, 15:09 CJ_Parker

Shok wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 14:41:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 13:10:
LOL MS

http://tinyurl.com/zwpaunh

I will never understand why M$ is so inept when it comes to PC gaming. Jesus.

cuz shitbox

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Forza Horizon 3 Demo
4. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Demo Nov 4, 2016, 12:39 CJ_Parker

lol@MicrosoftStore  

News Comments > EA Financials
11. Re: EA Financials Nov 2, 2016, 08:56 CJ_Parker

NetHead wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 22:28:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 21:23:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 20:34:
This quarter got a big boost from Myanmarians buying their games back.

Who are we supposed to hate again, is it steam, ea or origin?

lol well said, you need to add blizzard, ubisoft, and umm I'm sure im missing, loads of people around here hate them too

-edit- OH I KNOW I KNOW!! CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES!!!! HAHAHA I WIN!!!@!!!1111

Whoa there sparky, let's wait for them to actually release a game before adding them to such lists.

No need to wait. Those CIG fucks already have a criminal record of lies and fraud that easily defeats 30 years of EA. Gogeddum!!!11

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming
5. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 11:12 CJ_Parker

Siygess wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 11:01:
I can't believe this game STILL doesn't natively support 21:9

Welp. People who look like E.T. or Admiral Ackbar are luckily still a minority. But maybe if y'all keep propagating then future games will support your species more frequently so get to it!

News Comments > Evening Patches
10. Re: Evening Patches Oct 29, 2016, 20:18 CJ_Parker

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 14:18:
Some kids in my neighborhood have a fresh squeezed lemonade stand, but since I have an imaginary beef with Minute-Maid I refuse to purchase any citrus juice products.

Black Mesa (Crowbar Collective) is not affiliated with Valve. But keep up the boycott, that will show em.

They are affiliated with Valve in so far as buying the game would equal expressing an interest in the HL franchise and also because Valve would get a 30% cut if I bought their overpriced half-assed piece of shit mod.
So, yeah, I will in fact keep boycotting them and hope they go out of business and fuck off.

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming
24. Re: Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming Oct 29, 2016, 20:14 CJ_Parker

I don't really give a shit about this. Uninstalled the store immediately after upgrading and will never use it.
But this definitely sounds like typical MS customer friendliness.

"Why treat the PC customer with respect if you can treat them like shit?"

- Phil "Tardface" Spencer

News Comments > Evening Patches
6. Re: Evening Patches Oct 29, 2016, 13:32 CJ_Parker

wtf_man wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 11:58:
Not getting a dime out of me until they finish Xen, then I will be happy to pay full price.

This bullshit has gone on way too long for an unfinished re-creation, it's been over 4 years since the "mod release" (September 2012). They also have the gaul to charge money without regular updates on Xen status (which I would expect for paying for early access.), and work on / release other things besides Xen.

Finish the fucking game before you charge. Or at least post regular update status for "early access". Not gonna spend money on something that should have been completed long ago on the hope I get the rest of the game in 10 years.

+1

But I will go even further than that. No money for *anything* HL-related from me until Gabe shows some respect to the fans and at least posts an update on the future of the franchise or releases episode 3 (yes, episode 3... I don't even expect HL3 until we get the final episode or a reasonable update explaining why there will be no episode 3). Until then Valve, Gabe and the HL franchise can go and fuck themselves hard.

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Preloads
13. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Preloads Oct 26, 2016, 04:10 CJ_Parker

Quinn wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 01:28:
Preloading Skyrim in late 2016. Hilarious xD

Strangely excited...

Squirmer wrote on Oct 25, 2016, 23:29:
So is this an entirely separate installation? In which case save games won't carry over?

Who cares?! I can't imagine anyone not starting a reroll with this release ^^
When I couldn't sleep 2 nights ago, I fantasized about what class/race to roll this time.

Dude, what??? You fantasize about rolling classes and races in Skyrim when you can't sleep? Instead of, you know, how Salma Hayek climbs on top of you and...

Sheesh. No wonder you couldn't sleep...

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly
22. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Oct 22, 2016, 07:14 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 06:39:
... as right now the 2.5 release is pretty shoddy.

What? When did that happen? I thought you were enjoying the fuck out of the game and it already had more content than many other AAA games at release?

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
42. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 16:09 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 15:36:
VaranDragon wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 14:30:
nin wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 09:39:
AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

I'll let you guys know how awesome it is!

I'm sure it will be, but it's Rockstar's loss ultimatively.

Is it?

They're the ones with the full knowledge of how much it would take to build, test, market and launch the game for the PC at the same time as consoles, as well as with a strong understanding of how much money they'd make for having done that.

This is just a small group of PC gamers going "well, they won't get my $60."

I'd wager it's more the loss of people who only game on one platform than anything else.

Well, according to SteamSpy GTA V has about 5 million owners (IMHO idiots but I guess that isn't really the point here, eh? ). Anyway, the game has never been on sale for less than €40 (probably the same in $, right?) so that is approximately $200 million right there.

There might be lots of cheaper copies from key stores but also lots of copies that people bought at full price so it should balance out near an average sales price of around $40 probably.

And it's "just" Steam, which probably makes up for 80%+ of the sales but it's not unreasonable to assume that there may be another 1 million PC copies outside of Steam so maybe we're more at $250 million revenue for the PC or even higher.

Well, good for Rockstar if they can so easily ignore a quarter billion bucks. Their loss. Those PC-despising assholes can go right ahead and fuck themselves with a rusty morning star.

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption Teasing?
24. Re: More Red Dead Redemption Teasing? Oct 17, 2016, 17:00 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 16:57:
Lorcin wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 16:47:
...silhouettes of several cowboys...

Did you just assume their gender????

Serious question, no joke: What's the non gender term? CowPeople? Cowhumans? Maybe Cowhands?

Nah. It's cowboy and bullgirl. It balances out.

As for RDR or 2 or whatever... they can keep their console exclusive garbage. Fuck Rockstar.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed
196. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 16, 2016, 17:36 CJ_Parker

Peeeling is 100% correct. Star Citizen development has been managed very poorly. What we are seeing now with the development of the cloud-based infracstructure, for example, should have been the first priority since it is the foundation for everything else. This "boring" foundation development should have been 2012/2013 priority material, not 2016.

Instead, CIG focused their development on fast results and around a ship pipeline beginning with the fancy JPEG concepts.
In short, they followed a purely revenue orientated project plan and not a long term project plan driven by the ultimate goal to deliver the full scope PU.

One could write novels about this but quick examples would be the many ship iterations and reworks. All of that is usually stuff that would be done post-release when the devs are fine-tuning, iterating, rebalancing and so on.
Or a game mode like racing. CIG did this because it was relatively quick to implement along with Arena Commander but in any normal game development, racing would have had very low priority.
Do the vast majority of the people want to race or do they rather want to trade, smuggle, bounty-hunt, mine, play a pirate etc. etc. etc.? Right.

It is because of this short term goal revenue driven development process that Star Citizen is now a clusterfuck of a project. CIG now somehow needs to turn the ocean liner around and attempt to optimize their processes for a longer term full scope content delivery plan but -no surprise- they are struggling hard against their chairman's piss-poor decisions of the past.

Frontier naturally did a much better job in that regard. They always had a long term vision for Elite Dangerous, released a basic version and are now delivering the full vision update by update for as long as people keep buying the expansions.

This is another advantage compared to SC. If E:D goes tits up, people will still have a fairly solid game to play (e.g. the 400bn star systems will not be fully explored during our lifetime or that of our children and grandchildren either ... it will take roughly 20,000 years!).
If SC runs out of funding or it suddenly dries up, well, I know CR claims that they could still "finish" the game but that is definitely 100% bullshit with 300 employees on the payroll and you can not downscale so easily after you have upscaled so massively. Not possible. Changing the workflows and majorly reversing the project schedule would take a tremendous effort that would not magically lead to faster content delivery. Quite the opposite. Things would get even more chaotic and collapse faster.
Anyway, if SC goes tits up, then you don't even really have a basic version of what was promised for the foreseeable future (remember... we will still be at only 1 single star system until about early or mid 2018).

So, you can say about Frontier or E:D what you want, like how the cockpits are ugly with the pee-yellow colors or how you hate David Braben's fancy glasses and that 400bn star systems sucks because YOU can not explore them all even if you played 24/7 for the rest of your life, BUT in terms of project planning E:D is objectively the vastly better managed project.

On a high level (long term project plan), Frontier are doing it exactly right and contrary to CR's usual inane random babbling when he loses himself in his pipedream fantasies like how you will hide in a cargo container and sneak on board a ship to shoot the pilot and hijack/steal the ship, it is a joy to listen to David Braben's very intelligent, very realistic (or often times British understatement even), factual statements when he talks about E:D.

Braben knows exactly what he wants and whether it can or will be done and he doesn't shy away from simply saying 'nope' to the gamers while Roberts 99% of the time says "oh that is something we definitely want to, sort of, look into in the future", no matter how crazy the idea might be.

If SC would have been driven by a project plan focused on content delivery, we'd be much further along today. We might not be at $120+ million and maybe we would have a little less FIDELITEH and no other Hollywood actors in S42 except Hamill but all of that would be fixable by the success of the game. CIG could have always prettified and polished things post-release like any sane developer would have done.
But it is what it is... we must live with this clusterfuck caused by revenue-driven development where fast results, ship JPEGS and "OMG-so-exciting-reveals" for game/community shows have always taken precedence over everything else which is now biting CIG in the ass massively.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 16, 2016, 15:10 CJ_Parker

Oh nice. I can hardly wait for them to once again reset all privacy settings (plus remove some entirely) and reinstall Candy Crush, their shitty store, the Shitbox app and all the other crapware they usually reinstall without user consent every major update. Maybe in March with the added extra special feature that uninstalling via PowerShell no longer works? That would be really nice and consumer-friendly in typical MS fashion.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer
40. Re: Star Citizen Trailer Oct 14, 2016, 16:57 CJ_Parker

NasWulf wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 16:04:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 15:44:
... Oh, did I claim that it was fake as well? Oops. Nope. I didn't.

hmm I seem to have read you said the whole thing was faked scripted game play to cheer up the hype train ... you retracting that statement?

No retraction. The so called "live demo" of the mission on Tatooine was IMO 100% pre-recorded with actors on the HOTAS but the editor presentation was probably real. Why wouldn't it be? One should hope that after four years they at the very least have stable dev tools and what they showed was absolutely nothing special or impressive at all.
As I said, this looked just like any game/level editor has looked for the past few decades. Just a standard dev tool... but the cultists wet their pants over it... "OMGOMFG DIS WEEELLL ALLOW DEM 2 BUILT CONTANT SO FAST WE WEEEELLLL BEEE PLAYIN DA FULL GAYME NEXT YEEERRRR"... it was quite cute .

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 15:44:
It is quite worrying that this barebone, stripped down to full nekkidness version dipped into the 40s fps-wise on a high end rig like that.
This means that the full version with all systems in place will in fact require a "supercomputer" or massive scaling down but let's worry about that when we get closer to release in 2025...

The point is they are using current gen components to play thier demo tech and not a 3000$ rig with sli titan x gpus. and again are you saying that the demo was real and running in real time on a single 1080?

The original prerecording session was real, of course. Someone must have partially played, partially scripted (camera cuts, guy on the mountain top etc.) and then (pre-)recorded this at their office in Santa Monica before they went to CitCon to show it off there.
It doesn't surprise me that it did not run with SLI because SLI has been broken as fuck since day 1 of the very first hangar release in 2013. It causes more issues than it gives a performance benefit.

Considering what is missing in terms of gameplay features, animations, physics, particle effects, AI, general graphical fidelity (e.g. there is barely any lighting yet) and especially multiplayer etc. I am not impressed at all by the "performance" of this demo.
Imagine this same scenario with the full feature set, a dozen org mates accompanying the player on this mission and everything taking place on densely wooded Endor instead of a barren desert planet like Tatooine. Then we're heavily in slide show territory or crashing at loading the level...

38. Re: Star Citizen Trailer Oct 14, 2016, 15:44 CJ_Parker

NasWulf wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 07:47:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 22:16:
No, Sir. They faked it being a live demo to give the fanbois an illusion of a playable level while in reality it was all scripted.

also the moon landing was faked as well ... /facepalm

edit ... oh and the second half of the Con presentation where the artist were running the editor in real time doing the same type of game play planet scale was faked as well .. /doublefacepalm

Oh, did I claim that it was fake as well? Oops. Nope. I didn't. /quintuplefacepalm Rolleyes

By the way, the reaction on the cultist forums to the editor segment was hilarious. People were celebrating this as if CR just shit out a massive golden egg with ivory coating when in reality what you got to see was a standard development tool that allows level designers to place and align shit in the world. Whoopdeedoo... big deal? It looked exactly like any old editor or mod tool has looked for the last couple of decades.
But such is the way of the cultist... they are easily impressed by... everything.

If anybody brings up the question of it running on a supercomputer, the computer it was running on was in a i7 6core with a Nvidia 1080 8 gig with a Intel SSD. Not some super computer running SLI Titan X's and they were hitting 50 - 170 frames un-optimize

Yep. And it was missing at least 99.9% of all promised gameplay systems, zero AI (those Tusken raiders were dumb as a brick) and it was also missing 99.6% of the promised graphical fidelity. There was also obviously no multiplayer whatsoever, let alone anything resembling a PU or MMO environment with potentially dozens of other players or ships in the vicinity.
It is quite worrying that this barebone, stripped down to full nekkidness version dipped into the 40s fps-wise on a high end rig like that.
This means that the full version with all systems in place will in fact require a "supercomputer" or massive scaling down but let's worry about that when we get closer to release in 2025...

26. Re: Into the Black Oct 14, 2016, 05:12 CJ_Parker

Rigs wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 03:28:
Alright, CJ, I've had enough. Stop going full-on Derek for a second (Never EVER go Full Derek!). I really couldn't care less about this SC crap anymore. It's impressive, yes and when I watched it I was really hoping, like most of us (even if we can't publicly admit it for fear of tarnishing our bad-boy hardcore PC elitist image), that this would someday be a 'thing' we could play and enjoy. Until then I have plenty to keep me busy, and plenty other shit to boil the blood in my poor veins about ( Next time, Mojang, NEXT TIME! Shakefist )...

^ agree ... I want SC to succeed as much as the next guy but I do not want to be strung along, lied to and be fed bullshit all the fucking time Wink .

If I understand what you're saying correctly, you're implying that they took the original stream 'Con footage and removed the bit where the guy was using a HOTAS to control the ship as it landed and then with the buggy/rover/whatever, yes? I watched the stream too and then watched what was uploaded to YT and this video here that is the subject of the post was uploaded a day after the stream was, not days later as a response to bitching on forums.

Now I'm not sure if I am understanding you correctly but two different pairs of shoes (have you followed the links I posted?). The damage control video is the Reverse the Verse Special Edition video and it is obviously a response to the CitCon criticism if you watch it and listen to what they are saying because it is referring to much of the CitCon backlash.

My other link lead to the Star Citizen: Full CitizenCon Presentation which is 100% without a doubt most definitely an edited version of what *I* watched that night. I watched it live on the RSI site... the only way I can imagine there being a difference is if they had different directors for the various streams? Or were you just drunk? Wink

In my version of the stream which you can find here there was a director changing camera views and mostly showing the gameplay, of course, but occasionally switching to other views where you could see a dude at a PC (IMO) pretending to control the action with a HOTAS (check at the 02:15:20 mark... it was not Chris Roberts, of course... Chris was only doing live commentary but not playing or he would have probably used a Shitbox controller as always ).

Anyway, why has that original footage been edited out for the version they put on YT? Or both YT versions for that matter... the cuts to the guy with the HOTAS are missing from the full presentation *and* from the video linked in this newsbit here which seems to be an all new version anyway and not taken directly from the show(?)

22. Re: Into the Black Oct 14, 2016, 00:17 CJ_Parker

Wow. Massive almost 90 minute damage control CitizenCon post mortem video here.

Background: Many of the spoiled brat fangirls of SC were enormously disappointed with the low amount of flashy trailers and demos that were shown this year. Everyone was expecting the promised Squadron 42 footage or some more viddies from the epic long delayed Star Marine.
The forums were on fire after CitCon with rivers of fangirl tears over CIG's inability to deliver more jawdrop™.
Because, God knows, Star Citizen fangirls are entitled to their bi-monthly jawdrop™ and have every right to pout if it don't happen!

So, all four studio leads (Erin - Manchester, Brian - Frankfurt, Tony - Austin, Chris & John - Santa Monica) took time out of their busy schedules and got together for this latest damage control video to put out the fires and reassure the fangirls that everything is fine in CIG land.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed
165. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 13, 2016, 22:30 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 21:12:
The mechanics are being built up over time but there's been substantial progress and Alpha 3.0 is really where the game starts to come together.

It's not coming together at all in 3.0. They have revealed at CitizenCon that travel to multiple star systems, which is the most basic essence and whole point of the game, won't be out before 4.0. And 4.0 won't be here before early 2018 at the very earliest (very optimistic estimate).
So, we already know right now that they will still be at less than 1% of the full scope PU delivery by early/mid 2018.
Less than 1%... guaranteed for the next ~18 months and you still pee your fancy pants in excitement over their awesome progress? Duuuuude?

16. Re: Star Citizen Trailer Oct 13, 2016, 22:16 CJ_Parker

LCTR wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 21:42:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 20:16:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 19:53:
The tech in this video is pretty impressive.

Not really. Check out this video or this one here from five years ago. CIG just has higher graphical FIDELITEH but it'd be really sad if it didn't after all this time.

What cracks me up about this trailer is the fact that CIG had people actors at CitCon pretending to play the game with HOTAS and M/KB. So, even though it was easy enough to tell that this shit was entirely scripted, they tried to sell it to the fanbois attending the show as a real live gameplay demo. LOL. And then they wonder why people call this a fraud?

To be clear - you're accusing them of fabricating the event using actors pretending to control the action, but actually it was entirely scripted with no user interaction?

Do you have any evidence to back this up?

Thanks for asking and my research actually just turned up more evidence of fraudulent actions than I expected.

I originally watched the CitizenCon live stream on the RSI site. During the show they had several cameras and when the demo of that mission shown here was presented, they kept switching back and forth between showing the in-game action and showing -what I am now calling actors- at the demo PCs pretending to play the game with HOTAS and MKB controls.

I remember this exactly in no small part due to the fact that I was positively surprised that they had a HOTAS instead of the usual Xbox controller they have been using for many other demos.

Now, when you go to the RSI YouTube channel where they have what they are calling the Star Citizen: Full CitizenCon 2016 Presentation you will see that they have actually replaced the entire demo segment with the trailer from above. You can no longer see the cuts to the people pretending to play the game. So CIG is obviously trying to cover up the fact that they faked this as being a live demo.

Unfortunately, Twitch search is not working at the moment or I would have tried to find the original stream with the now removed cuts in it. It already looked fishy during the live presentation because the guy pretending to play with the HOTAS wasn't doing a very good job (he barely moved the stick or the throttle during the ship's approach and landing... too bad CIG has edited the evidence out but I take that as a clear sign of cover-up).

By the way, let us pretend for fun that the guy at the show was really playing the game. This would mean that CIG must have recorded the play session (e.g. with Shadowplay). Why would they do that during a live demo? Why risk performance issues or other hiccups from recording the demo?
No, Sir. They faked it being a live demo to give the fanbois an illusion of a playable level while in reality it was all scripted.

4. Re: Star Citizen Trailer Oct 13, 2016, 20:16 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 19:53:
The tech in this video is pretty impressive.

Not really. Check out this video or this one here from five years ago. CIG just has higher graphical FIDELITEH but it'd be really sad if it didn't after all this time.

What cracks me up about this trailer is the fact that CIG had people actors at CitCon pretending to play the game with HOTAS and M/KB. So, even though it was easy enough to tell that this shit was entirely scripted, they tried to sell it to the fanbois attending the show as a real live gameplay demo. LOL. And then they wonder why people call this a fraud?

3426 Comments. 172 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo