Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4363 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pathfinder: Kingmaker Publishing Deal
2. Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker Publishing Deal Jun 29, 2018, 03:18 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 01:12:
Just completed their KS? That was 2 years ago, Blue. Really looking forward to this. Would have jumped on board if they had made an NWN style game with a Pathfinder focus.

The KS campaign ended successfully on July 12, 2017 which is a little less than ONE year from today.

It's one of the very, very, very few, select KS titles I have backed at the minimum tier in recent years and I'm glad I did from what I have heard of the beta.

Thank god it is nothing like multiplayer-focused NWN tileset generic garbage but a much deeper, richer, more unique and more complex single player focused creation.

Deep Silver would usually mean bad news because they have a history of fucking with devs by forcing silly hip features into games or by imposing shitty DLC policies but I'm quite sure that Kingmaker is advanced enough already so that DS can not do too much damage this late in the game.

On the bright side: DS might ensure Kingmaker gets proper marketing and distribution at least in Europe so on that front this deal is pretty good news for Owlcat.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2018, 21:07 CJ_Parker

Dude, they've sold PUBG to hundreds of millions of gullible fools. They might as well take maximum advantage of them while they still can.  

News Comments > Black Mesa Status
9. Re: Black Mesa Status Jun 22, 2018, 18:42 CJ_Parker

Uuuhh... why is it called a "remake" when they are making the atrocious shitty retarded jump & run part of HL bigger and longer than the original shit?

I'm glad I don't even remember how long it took me in HL1 but if it really only took one hour then that is 60 excruciating minutes too much of that garbage already! Why the fuck would they quintuple the garbage parts??

"Remake" my ass...

News Comments > Life is Strange 2 in September
1. Re: Life is Strange 2 in September Jun 22, 2018, 18:27 CJ_Parker

Ah yes, episodic gaming... this success story just keeps giving and giving one episode at a time... AWESOME!!!  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Plans?
12. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Plans? Jun 22, 2018, 18:26 CJ_Parker

Darks wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 12:01:
bunch of assholes!

That sums it up perfectly in a very distinguished and eloquent way. I could not have said it better myself!

News Comments > Dark and Light Free DLC Plans
1. Re: Dark and Light Free DLC Plans Jun 21, 2018, 19:15 CJ_Parker

DLC for an early access game like the ARK fuckers did it, too?

OK, sure... *marks game as 'not interested' on Steam*

News Comments > Steam Intergalactic Summer Sale
4. Re: Steam Intergalactic Summer Sale Jun 21, 2018, 16:37 CJ_Parker

The sale is crap because of the retarded arcade game. It broke the servers the last time they had a stupid game (2015) and it's fucking them up good again this time. Steam could barely be reached since the sale started (i.e. even worse than usual on sales).

Buy new hamsters, Valve. Some fit ones who have trained with African elite marathon runners, please.

News Comments > Gears Tactics Catch-up and Gears of War 5 PC Details
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 21, 2018, 15:22 CJ_Parker

fawker wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 11:26:
Well, I don't really feel like starting a storyline 4 games in already.

They should have come to PC from the start.

Yep. Microsoft can go fuck themselves. Besides, it'll probably be not just Windows 10 but also Windows Store exclusive so double-fuck 'em assholes.

The really annoying part is that they probably feel really awesome about themselves and about throwing PC gamers a chewed up bone of their holy exclusive Shitbox franchise. Triple-fuck 'em shitheads.

News Comments > PUBG Celebrates 400M Players with Sale & Event Pass Plans
10. Re: PUBG Celebrates 400M Players with Sale & Event Pass Plans Jun 20, 2018, 01:45 CJ_Parker

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 00:58:
Its shocking that other, much smaller companies, make BR games in a few months that are more polished than PUBG is with much more money.
Realm Royale, and even Fortnite, for example.

PUBG STILL has bugs and other issues from the Alpha and Beta which they completely ignore.

Dude, if you landed a surprise hit like PUBG and got showered with absolutely in-fucking-sane amounts of money like these guys did... seriously, would you work on the game or would you rather take a really long vacation with hookers, blow and pina colada?

Yeah. Exactly.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed
15. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Jun 19, 2018, 19:11 CJ_Parker

KS wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 18:14:
3. Suggestion: Hard mode with no jump jets.

Never felt right to me.

Suggestion rejected. DFA'ing enemy mechs is the best part of BattleTech and should be the best part of MW5, too!

Besides, jump jets are properly balanced as per the ruleset. Jumping adds heat and stability damage so you can not just pogo around the battlefield like a hip-hop addicted squirrel on crack anyways.

And DFA adds significant leg damage so you have to use it wisely as well. I don't think there is a problem with jump jets at all if they implement them properly as per the BattleTech rules.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 9
16. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 9 Jun 17, 2018, 02:09 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 17, 2018, 01:36:
What I was surprised NOT to see is Anno 1800, which is still apparently coming this year, so they and probably everyone else are waiting for Gamescom (in August) where we'll see a lot more interesting upcoming games with actual footage

No surprise there. It's not a console game so of course it's not getting any love at E3 which is Consolus Circus Maximus.

Gamescom is much more PC-friendly and the main target audience for Anno is obviously in Europe, specifically German-speaking territories so, yeah, Ubi will show it off in Cologne most likely.

No point showing it at E3. The American game "journalists" wouldn't even mention it in passing anyway since they are too busy jacking off to Microsoft, Sony, Ubi, EA and Actiblizz console pr0n all day long.

Ubi can create a lot more noise for Anno in Euroland where someone from the press might actually give a fuck.

13. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 9 Jun 17, 2018, 00:31 CJ_Parker

Slashman wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 21:42:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 21:22:
Yea...if CJ has a wife he needs to sleep with 1 eye open cas thy woman surely hates his grumpy ass..if one ever put up with him...

Wondering why he even plays games to begin with.

I play a lot of good games. What I don't play is console garbage like that Halo or Forza shit or multiplayer monetization schemes that are poorly hidden behind a graphical UI (Anthem, Battlefield V et al).
I'm also pretty much a pure single player guy these days and I will never ever in my whole life buy or own another game on a Microsoft platform after they fucked us over with GFWL.

It ain't my fault that the majority of the most watched trailers fit or miss one or more of the criteria above.
I did not expect anything else from E3 either. It's been a console show for casuals for years now.

However, for the record: I mentioned 13 games in my post, of which I'm probably going to buy (albeit some on sale as stated) four.
That's roughly a 30% approval ratio. Come on.
That's not hating on games. That's called (accomplished) taste and being a little selective instead of thinking that everything AAA must be awesome based on flashy trailers because OMGDAHYPEISREEEEAAAALLL.

6. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 9 Jun 16, 2018, 20:05 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 15:59:
Besides Cyberpunk, what games are y'all looking forward to?

TES 6 isthe next one for me.

Going by the trailer list:

- Cybperpunk: Nope. Not for me actually. I don't like the setting. It looks "mature" in a very juvenile and pretentious way. I'm sure it will have its qualities as The Witcher series is my favorite video game series but the setting is not for me.
I also hate huge cities in RPGs and here the whole thing is set in one giant motherfucker of a megalopolis. Too claustrophobic. It doesn't always have to be classic fantasy but I need my freedom and my open spaces like forests, deserts, pastures, grassland, tundra, oceans, whatever.

- Fallout 76: Nope. Multiplayer garbage in a post-apoc setting does not appeal to me at all. Post-apoc is also not among my favorite settings and multiplayer focus = *barf*. With open PvP this one's for the lulz kiddies.

- TES VI: Stiffy. Looking forward to it very much although I know it's years away. The teaser, as short as it was, looked awesome... could be High Rock with Scottish vibes.

- FIFA 19: Fuck off.

- Doom Eternal: Yawn. Another casual shoot'em up but could be a fun snack for 9.99 on sale in a few years.

- Halo Infinite: XXL FUCK OFF!!!

- Battlefield 5: XL FUCK OFF!!!

- Anthem: XL FUCK OFF!!!

- Devil May Cry 5: Fuck off.

- Forza Horizon 4: XXL FUCK OFF!!!

- Resident Evil 2: Looking pretty good. I'll probably get this on sale to play the whole (remake/remaster/HD) series one day.

- Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Definitely gonna buy the gold version on sale one fine day in the 2020s but I first want to play Unity, Syndicate and Origins in order since I have played the whole series in order so far and the last one I played through was Rogue.

Missing from the list of most watched trailers was Starfield which, like TES VI, I am also looking forward to very much due to the express single player focus.

It remains to be seen what the game is about, of course, but what they showed in the teaser hinted at a galactic exploration mission in the vein of maybe Star Trek or 2001: A Space Odyssey... or maybe a Noah's Ark type of situation where the last remnants of civilization board that star ship with the solar panels and head off into the unknown in hopes to find a new habitable home world.

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
28. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 14:09 CJ_Parker

I do not want ANYTHING named fucking XBOX (SHITBOX) on my PC, Micro-fucking-shit!

Since 2001, since the launch of the first Xbox, they keep on trying to force the Xbox down PC gamers' throats by withholding certain games from PC gamers, by making shady backroom deals with other devs/publishers, by shittifying PC versions, by treating PC gamers like lepers, by showing a total disregard for the PC platform (DirectX development effectively halted except that one time when AMD made Mantle and forced them to crap out the underwhelming DirectX 12 that no one in dev land uses anyway), by neglecting the PC, by not giving a fuck to release old games on GOG like Freelancer, Starlancer and so on and so on and so on... in a nut shell... by generally giving PC gamers the big old middle finger of ultimate love whenever possible.

Will this fucking shit NEVER stop? Will they EVER respect PC gamers? Will they EVER respect gamers' choice? Why can't we just peacefully play on the platform WE fucking prefer without getting fucking SHITBOX this, SHITBOX that, SHITBOX here and SHITBOX there everywhere???

Fuck you, Microsoft. Fuck you more than ever. It's been almost twenty years and we still have to deal with you fuckers attempting to force Xbox down our throats. So. Sick. Of. This. Shit. Stop. It. Assholes.

News Comments > Black Ops 4 Season Pass Controversy
6. Re: Black Ops 4 Season Pass Controversy Jun 14, 2018, 13:54 CJ_Parker

aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 11:44:
You'd think they would pass along the savings to their fan base and be a little giving. .?

No, knowing the parties involved here, you really, really, really wouldn't.

News Comments > Skull & Bones Trailer
4. Re: Skull & Bones Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 04:39 CJ_Parker

Turd Ferguson wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 12:04:
It's hard for me to pass on this title, same, a sucker for anything with pirates, but won't be buying it from Uplay, Steam perhaps and only if on sale.

You do realize, of course, that even if you buy it "on Steam", it will still require and launch through uPlay, right?

If anything, then having Steam as an additional layer, might actually add to, not reduce, your troubles IF S&B should ship with any issues to begin with.

As for the Black Flag crashes, it is extremely unlikely that uPlay is at fault.
I had zero issues with Black Flag on a GTX 980 except short bursts of crap performance when there was a lot of smoke on the screen but that is normal because they use PhysX extensively by calculating every single smoke particle in real time.
That PhysX stuff also really drives up GPU temps so that could be the cause of your problems if you have PhysX enabled and your GPU is overheating.

So, if it is really "crashing your PC" (i.e. not just BF crashing to desktop) then you almost certainly have some hardware/temperature issues (97% chance) or a very severe virus/malware infection (3% chance).
Modern systems don't usually hard-crash anymore if software acts up. The app/game might crash but not the system.

Assuming you have already done the usual such as updated all drivers and turned off any and all overclocking: You should run some diagnostics, e.g. monitor your system temperatures via overlay when playing Black Flag (with MSI Afterburner for example). Make sure both CPU and GPU temps never exceed the 90C threshold.

If that is a-OK then move on to testing RAM extensively and run memory diagnostic tools like mem test. Full testing with a bootable medium (CD/DVD or USB stick), no shortcuts.

You could also try running Prime95/Orthos torture tests to check for CPU/RAM system errors/stability (run it for several hours, not just minutes).
If this stress test turns up errors then you 100% have hardware issues or a bad/unstable overclock. This test does not miss.

Finally, stress test your GPU real good with a Furmark-like test including tests where lots of VRAM is used (use da power of Google-fu). Don't just run 3D Mark. 3D Mark is pretty weak. Really stress test your GPU to the max.

News Comments > Steam Ending Windows XP and Vista Support
18. Re: Steam Ending Windows XP and Vista Support Jun 13, 2018, 04:00 CJ_Parker

Kajetan wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 01:31:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 22:19:
Fallout 3 runs fine on Win7+, that's a ghost story.
It's not. There are problems with Win7+. GOG uses a fan fix for their version of Fallout 3 to ensure maximum compatability.

FO3 GOTY Steam version with the unofficial patch and NMC texture pack from the Nexus has been working absolutely flawless for me on Windows 10 (zero issues or crashes) and it also looks absolutely spectacular.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 12, 2018, 21:51 CJ_Parker

I'm sure that Intel is very interested in and also capable of coughing up something competitive in the pro sector but I'm not sure why many people seem to believe that they also want a piece of the consumer dGPU market. Seems like total wishful thinking to me.

Intel definitely seems to be interested in nVidia's high end, high margin datacenter, deep learning, AI, automotive, professional GPU computing business but I very much doubt that they care about the relatively low margin dGPU consumer market.

Entering that market would cost many, many billions up front in R&D, production, establishing a board partner and retail network and immense marketing costs.
Any ROI would probably take years to materialize. That just seems very unlikely. I'm sure they only want a part of the pro pie and lower end APUs, of course.

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailers
6. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailers Jun 12, 2018, 12:16 CJ_Parker

Yep. It's Call of the Duty Raider in the latest versions. The new entries are still sorely missing more actual tombs, more puzzles and more/better non-combat gameplay.

Stealth should have been a major part of the new games due to the whole "vulnerable Lara" approach.
If she is so vulnerable and scared then why can't we avoid combat (better)?
In the old games she was also kind of squishy and to preserve ammo it was usually a good idea to avoid the relatively rare fights altogether whenever possible.

Also, these short trailers alone already confirm that the writing in Lara's monologues and in the dialogues is going to be abysmal again. RotTR had horrible writing and really made me want to decorate my screen with a beer bottle shaped hole a few times. Sheesh.

Jacob and Jonah were total dweebs and Lara's monologues were unbearably stupid with this pseudo-solemn, pseudo-overdramatic tone. "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG Why am I here? What am I gonna do? Can I really continue? Should I really push on? Can I do this? Why me?" ... nevermind the fact that there was no way back anyway so what else was she gonna do than push forward? "No, Lara, just lie down where you are and die" ... or what? Gaaaawwwdddd... so fucking annoying all the time.

The graphics, the exploration, the level design and most of the gameplay was very good though. Even the DLC (Baba Yaga and Croft manor) was really decent, too.
I'll certainly get the GOTY of SotTR (or Croft edition in case they don't release a named as such "GOTY") at some point but it'll be way below full price.

News Comments > Win10 Exclusive Gears of War 5 Announced
15. Re: Re: Win10 Exclusive Gears of War 5 Announced Jun 12, 2018, 02:46 CJ_Parker

Avus wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 01:33:
I don't mind a Windows 10 exclusive game... but it is a big no no for me is it is a Windows 10 STORE exclusive.

^ this

Also, they still haven't released the whole series on PC but keep on treating PC gamers like lepers, right? Fuck Microsoft. They can shove anything and everything with a Xbox logo right up their collective asses. Not buying that garbage. Ever.

4363 Comments. 219 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo