Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3486 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass
39. Re: No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass Jan 9, 2017, 14:57 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 14:48:
Is it too late to get in on this thread's action? Beatnik

Nah. We can still save the thread so let me start with something constructive...

!!! F-U-C-K E-A !!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass Jan 9, 2017, 11:00 CJ_Parker

The amount of illiterates in this thread is fucking scary . Low hanging fruit or not but I usually don't comment on illiterate shit cuz the intahnet is full of that crap. However, bored on a Sunday afternoon and being confronted with "it's it's" is too much, man.
I mean you got to actually try to slip inside that mind and figure out what was going on in that little brain when it wrote "it's it's" and how the hell it didn't realize that something was horribly wrong.
WTF do you have to do to completely neglect your lingual hygiene like that? You got to be a lingual hobo... boozed, drugged, shitfaced to the point of total not-giving-a-fuckery.

26. removed Jan 8, 2017, 20:58 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 9, 2017, 07:22.

14. Re: No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass Jan 8, 2017, 15:45 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 15:14:
I'll second that the SP campaign of TF2 was incredible, rival's DOOM. It's it's own thing, not doom-esque, but still amazing.

Dude, first a serious question: Did you, like ever in your whole fucking life, get to see a school from the inside?

Also, Doom's SP campaign that has a "story" that can be written down on the fraction of a wet paper napkin was "incredible"? OK. I've become used to extremely low standards around these parts of the net but seriously, d00d...

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin
25. Re: Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin Jan 6, 2017, 06:04 CJ_Parker

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 05:49:
Not to mention Origin is alot less useful as Steam, as it is only an EA platform. Annoying? yes. Dumb yes?

What's dumb and annoying is when people keep spreading these lies. Origin has a lot of games from many different publishers. You can buy The Witcher, Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, Risen 2, Blackguards, many Ubi games like AssCreed, WatchDawgz, FarCry series, Splinter Cell, Warner Bros games like Batman series, Tomb Raider, Darksiders, Resident Evil series, Metro Last Light, Hitman, Alan Wake, Sniper Elite, F.E.A.R, This War of Mine, Euro Truck Sims, Titan Quest Anniversary edition, ya know.... dozens upon dozens of non-EA games.

On the question whether to play ME1 before ME2? Hells yeah. You have to! Or at least watch some story summary vidz on YT. The whole premise of the second part like how Shepard got put back together and is now intended to be a Cerberus tool is based on the outcome of the first game. The first game is pretty short (under 20 hours) if you just focus on story so anyone who really wants to get into the series should definitely play it first and not jump straight to no. 2.

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
44. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 16:23 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 13:44:
Except that no hotel I've ever stayed at (I traveled for work for about six years)...

So, just between the two of us (all ya maggots who don't have me on ignore, skip this post!), which place has the best hookers, dude?

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda in March
2. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 4, 2017, 21:48 CJ_Parker

YAWN!

*Doing the patented, well-documented, and quite unflattering Shepard nap*

News Comments > Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP
22. Re: Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP Jan 4, 2017, 21:12 CJ_Parker

Rigs wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 19:53:
The third gen of 3D Accelerators was just coming out but it was still very early days back then.

Aaaahhh so you finally admit that your claims of pre-hardware-3D acceleration were incorrect .

Most games didn't have 3D acceleration unless they were purposely made for it.

In 1997 MANY games supported 3D hardware acceleration in some form or another and sometimes they only supported a single vendor like 3Dfx and sometimes features from several vendors. It just depended on which card you had. 3Dfx provided the best results by far, of course, but there was plenty 3D hardware accelerated games around back then.

Still, it wasn't a given that every new system would have a 3D card, not in 1997.

Very true. Most systems either had a pure 2D card with very rudimentary 3D acceleration like the Matrox Millennium (I owned this one and it came with my 1996 Gateway Pentium 166MHz PC) or you had a 2D/3D combo card like the Mystique, Rage, Virge, PowerVR, Rendition and whatever else was out there.
It was the norm for any serious gamer, however, to buy a 3Dfx add-on card in 1996. Anyone who didn't was a casual peasant!

So when I say, this is 'was the days before 3D Acceleration', I'm not saying there wasn't any, I'm saying it wasn't widespread (yet), devs hadn't jumped on the bandwagon (yet) and games that had been in development for years before this hadn't been built with 3D acceleration in mind (like JSF).

Well, agree to disagree I guess or maybe just different definitions. Of course, the level and sophistication of 3D acceleration that we got from 3Dfx was not as widespread yet but there had been lots of individual efforts to accelerate certain features in games (like better water or fog or particle effects etc.) on 3D accelerators of certain vendors.

For example, since we are just celebrating the 20th anniversary of Tomb Raider, it had different flavors of 3D hardware support for various Matrox, 3Dfx, PowerVR, Rendition and S3 chips. The 3Dfx support was added in with an update in February 1997.
Also, Quake came out in mid 1996 with support for lots of 3D hardware accelerators, albeit not 3Dfx, and here is a blast from the past Bluesnews news posting on the reasons.
So, as for your claim that devs did not think much about 3D hardware acceleration before 1997, well, that is simply not true as the Tomb Raider devs did and Carmack also did back in 1995/1996 according to this bit...

During the development of quake we talked to all of the 3d board vendors. We knew 3dfx was going to be the fastest, but at the time they were looking at a $399 price tag (before the ram price crash), so we wrote them off as a high end niche player.

Rendition had a cool looking architecture, with good performance and a programmable risc chip. Of all the designs that we saw, we liked theirs best, so we decided to endorse them as a target platform.

I loved 3Dfx but on a whole I'm still glad that DirectX put an end to this craziness and the bundled "exclusives" (i.e. certain 3D features only supported on a certain vendor's cards).
Nowadays people wreck their brains over the binary choice which console to buy but back then, if you were in the market for a video card pre-3Dfx, well, it was nuts and no real standards or a winner in sight.

But there absolutely was (widespread even) 3D hardware acceleration pre-1997 so there . Most gamers had a Mystique, Rage or Virge at the time with very variable ranges of 3D capabilities and support by games (of course all of them far below what 3Dfx would eventually offer).

20. Re: Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP Jan 4, 2017, 18:30 CJ_Parker

Well, billions of people shared that era with you and you are still wrong. 3D acceleration was widespread by 1997. There was the first batch of Voodoos (Monster 3D, Orchid etc.) and also Matrox Mystique, S3 Virge and ATI Rage (among many others but they were the prevalent ones) predating the Voodoos by several years.

The devs of JSF *chose* a software rendering method maybe because they felt they could achieve better results or because they lacked the resources to support 3D hardware acceleration but 1997 was by no means "the days before 3D Acceleration". You could say that about 1994/1993 when everything was VLB (Vesa Local Bus) but the first hardware 3D accelerators started appearing ~3 years before 1997.

By 1997, there were many cooks in the 3D acceleration kitchen back then and 3Dfx hit it big with the first Voodoo (I had a Diamond Monster 3D personally because it was the best, of course! ).

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: Tomb Raider writer Rhianna Pratchett leaves Crystal Dynamics for 'new adventures' Jan 3, 2017, 21:17 CJ_Parker

Good riddance. The dialogue and the story in RotTR was atrocious. 'Twas a good exploration (great level/world design) and action adventure game for sure but they really need to hire someone who can write a decent story, much better dialogue and someone who can direct much better cutscenes with less overacting of everything. It did not even reach B-movie quality in that regard. Far, far below it actually.
The best written parts were the lore pieces, i.e. the documents and audio logs but the super-cheesy interaction between Lara and Jacob or Anna and Konstantin etc. was beyond abysmal.

6. Re: Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP Jan 3, 2017, 18:14 CJ_Parker

Steazy wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 17:58:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 17:49:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 17:37:
I am one of them.
Great game with flawed, exploitable AI.

Same here. Great games with a few avoidable flaws, e.g. it was silly how enemies could hit you right in the face from a mile away with a pistol or even a SMG on full auto. The save system also sucked royally (slightly less in the second game which at least allowed you to save 3x per level IIRC).
I'd love to see more non-linear sandbox FPS games in this style where you have a huge ass level and total freedom in how to achieve your objectives without a default predetermined path. Just add proper AI and a save anywhere and I'm a happy camper.

Oh god, the (no) save system. I remember that part. Definitely a "hardcore"/"oldschool" game element that I don't miss

Yeah, especially in this game with its huge ass levels. So you did a perfect job of sneaking past thousands of enemies for over an hour, you can almost see the finishing line but then you run into a kind of trial&error situation where things can either work out perfectly or go fatally wrong... well, and then, as always with these 50/50 things, shit happens, of course, and you have to start all over again all the way back at the drop-in. Fucking game made me curse so hard it would have made the entire USMC blush like girlies.
The second game was substantially better with its 3 saves per level but it was still kinda tough due to the sheer size of the levels.
Still, very rewarding when you finally made it and the story was fun, too. It had a great James Bond sort of vibe to it.

4. Re: Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP Jan 3, 2017, 17:49 CJ_Parker

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 17:37:
I am one of them.
Great game with flawed, exploitable AI.

Same here. Great games with a few avoidable flaws, e.g. it was silly how enemies could hit you right in the face from a mile away with a pistol or even a SMG on full auto. The save system also sucked royally (slightly less in the second game which at least allowed you to save 3x per level IIRC).
I'd love to see more non-linear sandbox FPS games in this style where you have a huge ass level and total freedom in how to achieve your objectives without a default predetermined path. Just add proper AI and a save anywhere and I'm a happy camper.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2017, 16:05 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 13:42:
Still don't get why AMD is so hung up on HBM2... considering no benchmark showed any benefit of it.

d00d, it's not just about performance. Stacked memory is da future. Once the tech has matured, stacked memory will be cheaper to produce, consume less power and it will perform better even if just on paper. It has quite a lot of advantages. That is why nVidia is already shipping HBM2 on Pascal P-100 chips since spring of last year. It raaawwwwkkks ur saaaawwwwwxxx off [ sic ].

News Comments > Diablo Turns 20
5. removed Jan 1, 2017, 17:43 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 2, 2017, 08:27.

News Comments > Steam Award Winners
14. Re: Steam Award Winners Dec 31, 2016, 16:31 CJ_Parker

Retired wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 14:49:
Most of them are ok with the awards except this

"Just 5 More Minutes" Won by Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

LAME!

LAME and fabricated. I mean it's obvious that the fuckers from Valve fixed the results in order to sneak in a couple of their own garbage casual shit games like CSGO, L4D2 and Portal 2. Just like they do it with the Steam top 10 every week. I'm sure that they just put CSGO in there for advertising purposes.

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
59. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 28, 2016, 13:15 CJ_Parker

descender wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 12:43:
The enviable life of a simpleton with zero standards.

Says the man whining about a game he hasn't paid for.

Duuuude what?

Like Kxmode I've gone in deep with SC and pledged north of $1K. In my defense, this was all during the original campaign in 2012 and I just wanted to help the game reach some of the early stretch goals.
At that time, CR promised that ship sales would be over at the end of the campaign. I fully expected delays because 2014 always sounded mighty unlikely but I did not expect CR to break just about every single promise from the original campaign and to turn the game into a full retard endeavor with feature creep out da azz.

That's not what I pledged for. I pledged for a game (or two) being made as a finished product and not for CR to act as an incompetent fucktard project "director" (LOOOOL). I now hate CR (and parts of CIG) with a passion for their lies and betrayal. Dem fuckers fucked it up real fuckin' bad, man.

Anyway, I have auctioned off several LTI packages I bought back then for phat profit$$$ and plan on selling a couple more whenever the time seems right (maybe 3.0 when there's lots of hype and gullible sheeple to fleece). I haven't really done the math but $1K+ original pledge minus ph4t profit$$$ from package sales, well, I'm probably still in SC for ~$400 give or take a few bucks.

56. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 28, 2016, 12:31 CJ_Parker

BillboBaggins wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 07:57:
Its ok to be wrong people... I am enjoying the game as is, you're not. Good luck eating that crow.

I envy you. I wish I had low standards like that. Life would be smiles and giggles all the time.

You shit your pants? Awesome. It's nice and warm.
You puke your guts out? Great. It keeps you slim.
Your wife fucks your best friend? No problemo. Buddy's gotta have some fun, too!
You're playing the buggy piece of shit SC alpha? Oh yeah. And it's enjoyable as is!

The enviable life of a simpleton with zero standards.

39. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 20:10 CJ_Parker

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:01:
I dont get all the hate.
GTA 5 took 7 years to complete on the PC. Star Citizen is at least as big, if not much bigger. So of course it will take at least as long.
But I guess now I know why publishers dont announce games that early... because of whiners who cant even put 1 and 1 together.

Ah you mean whiners like Christ Roberts himself, right? Cuz it was him who promised the game to ship at the end of 2014, then promised Star Marine for early 2015 which just shipped now with an almost two year delay, then promised the "full" PU for the end of this year but we're still at 1 out of 100 star systems and zero (Z-E-R-O) gameplay systems (no mining, trading, bounty-hunting, smuggling, nothing at all) or who promised Squadron 42 for 2016 but has not been able to show even a single demo episode at CitizenCon even though it was mere days from a finished state according to Chris.

Or who gave this infamous interview back in 2012:

You have stated that you expect to have an Alpha up and going in about 12 months, with a beta roughly 10 months after that and then launch. For a game of this size and scope, do you think you can really be done in the next two years?

Really it is all about constant iteration from launch. The whole idea is to be constantly updating. It isn’t like the old days where you had to have everything and the kitchen sink in at launch because you weren’t going to come back to it for awhile. We’re already one year in - another two years puts us at 3 total which is ideal. Any more and things would begin to get stale.

I mean why didn't Christ Roberts look at other games and realize that he is way off with his all dates? Maybe because he can't put 1 and 1 together? Or maybe because he is a fraudulent criminal little fuck who extorts money from gullible morons fully well knowing he won't deliver on time?

38. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 20:02 CJ_Parker

It's definitely still at less than 1% done for the simple fact that they promised 100 star systems and so far have one. Not a single gameplay system is in a finished state either. The project's total completion is probably at under 0.1% even.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up
50. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up Dec 26, 2016, 17:49 CJ_Parker

HAHAHAHA. Yeah. Right, dude. Whatever. Stop pretending you're not me!  

3486 Comments. 175 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo