Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3816 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 1, 2017, 19:17 CJ_Parker

Hahaha a Vega interview courtesy of Hypothermia. Oh the irony!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
29. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Aug 1, 2017, 01:25 CJ_Parker

A cute list of apologies they've come up with. Of course all those complexities, technological boundaries, surmounting the "impossible", challenges, "not insignificant" scope, thousands of assets, millions of entities etc. did not stop Mr. Roberts from advertising 3.0 as a breakthrough milestone that gamers would be enjoying "before the end of the year" (2016).

Welp. Almost, Chris. His blatant lies just to promote ship sales and the dangling of carrots has been going on for almost five years now. It is incredible that there is still a HUGE hardcore fanboi base for whom Chris can do no wrong. Unbelievable. The cult is still real and maybe even getting stronger as they need to fortify their bases against all criticism.

How can anyone not see that Roberts is lying every time he is opening his mouth? He can not have believed in "before the end of the year" for a single second. No way. He must have been fully aware of the mountain of work ahead of them. It's blatant, flat out, straight up, disgusting LIES to extort money from the feeble minded fools.

P.S.: And too bad I do not remember who it was but lol @ the dude who I had an argument with in about May-ish(?) who said "just wait until 3.0 is out next month" which I dared to question. Hahaha, I knew I was right that it would be delayed again and again.
Been like this for five years. Why should CIG all of a sudden start delivering shit when they say they will? If they manage to hit their target, say, three times in a row for a major milestone then I'd very slowly be willing to trust in their dates again.

News Comments > AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed
20. Re: AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed Jul 31, 2017, 17:45 CJ_Parker

@Tipsy: Well, I think you would benefit more from a GTX 10 series upgrade than anything else since nVidia has that projection tech (SMP) in Pascal cards that the 980Ti does not have so VR gets a real nice boost.
A GTX 1080 or 1080Ti would be ideal to make a tangible difference because outside of VR the 980Ti and the 1070 are too close together in terms of performance.
The problem, of course, is that you can not buy a graphics card at the moment because of the stupid mining craze .

13. Re: AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed Jul 31, 2017, 16:10 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 14:49:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 11:51:
Wonder how these will perform..

I just picked up a rift, and I'm loving it. I want to run my elite dangerous on ultra everything with lots of super sampling but my 980Ti and 4 year old i7 aren't up to par.

Looking at building a liquid cooled system for the first time ever and go high end and debating if I should wait for intels next chipset.

Does the CPU make that much difference? Looking at recent benchmarks, it looks like you only lose 15% or so running a 2500K vs a current Intel proc. Not much bang for the buck give that the 2500K was five generations ago.

Coincidentally I run Elite Dangerous on my ye olde sim PC with a i5-2500K (at 4.2GHz), 32GB RAM, a not quite so old GTX 1070 and at a triple monitor resolution (bezel corrected) of 8-thousand-something to 1440 (on 3x 2560x1440 screens) + TrackIR.

It runs like a charm all maxed out with 4x MLAA. I may drop to 40fps around/inside a VERY busy station but who cares. This is mostly a space trucking game you could safely play at 30fps. I'm getting 60+ outside stations in space and on planets.
I don't know if the Rift has any specific requirements that would bump up the min specs several notches but I'm surprised that Mr. Tipsy feels like he's in need of an upgrade as Elite Dangerous is pretty modest with its reqs.

6. Re: AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed Jul 31, 2017, 12:24 CJ_Parker

Epic fail expected and confirmed. Vega barely reaches GTX 1080 in most cases and we have to wait and see about AMD's own lofty claims of +20% in BF1. To reach that performance 15 months after the competition it needs to produce 350W of heat and noise and requires water cooling. Ouch. Big ouch.

And the air cooled reference models? LOL. According to the slides, AMD has installed a 30mm (t-h-i-r-t-y!) radial fan on those cards to tame the still insanely high 295W. Good luck with that. Leafblower confirmed.

As for the Threadripper CPUs, I guess they are a respectable effort in the productivity space just like Ryzen but as a gamer zero fucks are given. In gaming i7-7700K and the upcoming six core 8700K remain king.

News Comments > EA on Game Streaming
13. Re: EA on Game Streaming Jul 29, 2017, 09:26 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 20:11:
, it's changed how we think about ownership versus access,

What is he babbling on about? There's never been a time when people wanted to exchange ownership for access.

What? Steam, Origin, uPlay, every DRM platform is exactly that. Access and not ownership. The only digital platform that allows you to truly assume ownership of your games is GOG since you can download an installer that will work forever regardless of whether the platform GOG keeps existing or not.

That aside I think he was more talking about movies and music streaming. Many people no longer buy CDs, DVDs, BluRays or even mp3 files for download but they subscribe to one of the many subscription services for streaming content to a device of their choice.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed
14. Re: Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed Jul 28, 2017, 16:23 CJ_Parker

ROFLMAO @ these console peasant specs. You can play this consolized casual garbage on a toaster PC. Yippie!  

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
31. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 12:47 CJ_Parker

Well, at least they are honest about treating us like lepers ever since 2001. To see reason is the first step on the path to enlightenment. Now deeds must follow just like all these years before when they said similar stuff but I'm not getting my hopes up. DirectX 12 was a fad and there is absolutely nothing PC-exclusive that MS is doing that is really playing to the strengths of our beloved PCMR platform.

Lame remasters of ancient classics? Seriously, MS? Also, Freelancer/Starlancer are still MIA from GOG. Even the most simple stuff like releasing their classic back catalogue on modern digital platforms is too hard for these clowns.

Instead they are in full on XboneX hype mode, still desperately trying to win a console war which they have lost all these years back at E3 2014 or whenever they had that catastrophic reveal of an always online Xbone with forced Kinect, spycam, eavesdropping and all that crap.

OK, they have brought all these spying features to PCs via Windows 10 in the meantime so maybe that is what they mean by "love for PC gamers". We're supposed to be grateful that they have now delivered to us the features that were supposed to be in the original Xbone design.

News Comments > Morning Previews
6. Re: Morning Previews Jul 27, 2017, 12:26 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 12:15:
Then fighting robots in a hanger...

* hangar goddammit!

Hanger is something slightly different. Interesting bit of trivia from that dictionary link. A hanger is also:

a light saber of the 17th and 18th centuries, often worn by sailors

Wow. Light sabers on ships in the 17th and 18th century. The force was strong with these mateys. Skywalker woulda been proud of 'em.

On da actual topic: Loved both TNO and TOB so bring this new colossal fuckah on!

News Comments > Play Just Cause 3 for Free
1. Re: Play Just Cause 3 for Free Jul 26, 2017, 10:49 CJ_Parker

Nope. This is one of the games where they put all the fun in the DLCs so I'll keep waiting for the XL edition to drop below $10. Not good enough this sale.  

News Comments > DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend
8. Re: DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend Jul 19, 2017, 20:45 CJ_Parker

They are offering the complete package for a new low price of $14.99/11.99/$17.99 (AUS)...

Ah, so Euro players outside the UK get f'ed in the beautiful a and can keep paying full price? OK. Good to know they are officially asking players to pirate their casual pew pew garbage game. I will gladly do them the favor if and when I can ever be bothered to download all that crap (probably never or when it has dropped to 0.99 in the Euro zone they apparently give zero fucks about).

aka_STEVE wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 18:25:
**changes DOOM in STEAM -> to NOT update automatically ..**

Before you begin to feel too smart and high&mighty about yourself: You do realize that that setting won't stick forever, right?

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free DLC and Free Trial Next Week
5. Re: Titanfall 2 Free DLC and Free Trial Next Week Jul 19, 2017, 14:29 CJ_Parker

Played the last free trial they had and uninstalled in under ten minutes because it's a fucking jump & run game with the retarded wall-surfing that probably only works on mushrooms but felt clunky as fuck with regular PC controls. The wall-surfing was easily the dumbest and least fun gimmick I've seen in a game in a long time.

And they wonder why this does not sell? How about proper level design and decent gameplay mechanics for starters where you don't have to surf walls through one endless tunnel after another? What a concept!

News Comments > Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow
3. Re: Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow Jul 19, 2017, 14:22 CJ_Parker

Yeah and why with SP when the original game was a MMO? Someone hire Sherlock and Watson plz.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Sales Figures
1. Re: Ubisoft Sales Figures Jul 19, 2017, 14:17 CJ_Parker

MWWWWAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA LOL@XBONE-THAT-PIECE-OF-PCMR-BACKSTABBING-SHIT  

News Comments > Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown
3. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 17, 2017, 19:09 CJ_Parker

Glad this shit failed. Now MMXI plz. kthxbai.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial
14. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial Jul 14, 2017, 19:14 CJ_Parker

I don't think they really give a shit. It's all about Anthem for them now. Why even invest much in a story-driven and single player focused game when you can make 100x the profit from fleecing the multiplayer sheeple who buy skins, lootboxes or P2W stuff like hotcakes?

With all of the staff changes during MEA development, it seems obvious to me that they degraded the franchise to B material before it was even released. They probably looked at billion dollar gigs like Destiny and GTA Online and went 'fuck Mass Effect, let's instead have some of that delicious cake that Bunghole and Crotchstar are having'.
So the A team was shifted to work on Anthem and MEA became an afterthought which they no longer even give a real fuck about.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2017, 19:33 CJ_Parker

Dev who just got a few million $$$ from investors for creating a VR title calling VR criticism "a little unfair" is the same as him saying "lol I know it fucking sucks and is just a retarded fad but how can you say no to $$$?".  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
35. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 11, 2017, 20:27 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jul 11, 2017, 18:28:
@Eraser. Thanks for the explanation.

I second the gratitude .

I personally always keep electrical devices as far away from water as possible just out of instinct but that a phone can actually kill when it drops in the tub is definitely something I wouldn't have expected.

"High power" devices like a hair-dryer (classic example) or Creston's boombox, sure, those were on my lethal radar, so to speak, but I'd have thought a smartphone would probably be too low power so the worst thing would be the lights in the house go out as the fuse shorts out and the phone dies but not the person.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
21. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 11, 2017, 14:37 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Jul 11, 2017, 13:36:
I was surprised that a phone could do that, but I guess if it's plugged in, and you have shitty plugs in your house, I can see it happening. Let's wait for the inevitable lawsuit against Apple/Samsung/Whomever for making CHILD-ELECTROCUTING PHONES!

To be honest, I am also kind of surprised. Not that I would charge my phone in the tub but I would have thought that even if it drops in the tub in such an incident, it'd be a very low power affair and that it would short-out immediately.

I mean, the power gets converted at the plug level (right at the wall), doesn't it? Or do modern smartphones charge at the full 110V* (US) or 230V* (EU) without any conversion to low power? Does the juice from the wall go straight through the cable into the phone/tub?

* Yes, I know that she was killed by ampere and not volts but since amps, volts and watts stand in direct correlation to each other let's skip the nerd crap Wink .

News Comments > Warframe: Plains of Eidolon Announced
3. Re: Warframe: Plains of Eidolon Announced Jul 9, 2017, 14:12 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 13:15:
I wish I had it in me to roar and cheer like that for a video game conference reveal, as if it were an Iron Maiden concert. Warframe is decent and this isn't bad, but I couldn't give it up like that for a game, I wonder why?

Yeah that must be a very special (you know, special) breed of gamer. The same specimen that goes to gigs like BlizzCon or CitizenCon and then cheers like li'l schoolgirls at a boygroup concert. The only difference may be there is probably a little less fainting and hopefully less wet panties, though I would not even be so sure about the latter...

3816 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo