Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4028 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Government Simulator Released
3. Re: Government Simulator Released Dec 4, 2017, 18:23 CJ_Parker

... a chance to go behind the political scene and see how the sausage is made

Made? How about getting that sausage polished by a Ms Lewinsky and stuff like that? If it's called a simulator it better be accurate!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2017, 19:43 CJ_Parker

Yup. PUBG's been top dawg since March consistently every fucking week after week after week...
No CoD, no AssCreed, no Middle Earth, no GTA, no Skyrim, no Witcher has been able to dethrone it. Sad but true.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2017, 11:22 CJ_Parker

Well, anyone who still has not learned the lesson that you do not, under NO circusmtances whatsoever, buy these AAA MTX-infested casual shitfest grinders on release day, deserves all the disappointments that go along with their piss-poor taste or their complete inability to control their purchase behavior.
If the latter is the problem, I would actually suggest to get medical help (see a fucking shrink) before it's too late. Seriously.

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
5. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 29, 2017, 21:09 CJ_Parker

Sepharo wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 20:51:
What fools.

Whether it's Witcher Star Wars, Mass Effect Star Wars, Dead Space Star Wars... we don't give a fuck. People just want a AAA single-player Star Wars (C)RPG. Come the fuck on.

Err... the Visceral game was gonna be Uncharted Star Wars or Tomb Raider Star Wars (but even shallower probably) and not a (C)RPG.

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
2. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 29, 2017, 20:47 CJ_Parker

Bull-fucking-shit  

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
34. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 29, 2017, 15:05 CJ_Parker

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 14:47:
I was the 7500th backer to this...

Ha! Almost the same here. I'm also in the lower half of the 7500s.

27. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 14:15 CJ_Parker

Darks wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 13:36:
dont go bundling all of us in that context. I originally backed this game when it was in kickstarter. Back then it was something that looked like it was going to be a real Freelancer successor.

little did any of us original backers know how this would snowball out of control into the feature creep monster greed fest thats its become.

Yeah, the original deal was:

- Ship sales for real money only until the end of the pledge campaign (November 26 - 2012 or whatever it was)
- LTI an exclusive original backer perk and never to return again
- Squadron 42 (in its fucking entirety and no fucking retarded episodic piecemeal shit) + SC to be released by the end of 2014.
OK, barely anyone (except the extremist cultist CR fanbois) believed this one and most of us mentally added six to twelve months on top of that but if anyone would have suggested -back then- no Squadron 42 at all by the end of 2017, you would have been declared completely bonkers)

However, I'm guessing that Retired...

You put money into this game, you are a fool.

... just forgot "still" or "at this point" when he wrote his post.
I definitely do not get why anyone would have still put money into this game after the Star Marine debacle in 2015 at the very, very, very latest.

People might have a different breaking point though, depending on when they first pledged and when they started to get fed up with the endless stream of lies.

I personally have not put any significant amount of money into the game since 2012 (original campaign) because I was starting to get pissed off when they broke the LTI and no more ships for real money promises in 2012 already.

Adding subs was kinda shady, too. It was first advertised as a means for people to turn their contributions into smaller payments instead of bigger sums which not everyone might be able to afford. And then they kind of stealth-changed it into "subs money is just for marketing and for increased communication from us to you".

5. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 11:15 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 10:57:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Chris Roberts saw the shit that Richard Garriott is pulling off, and thought "Holy hell. This way I don't even have to have artists draw pictures of pretty spaceships! I can literally sell just NOTHING!"

^ this

Under normal circumstances you would say that SC has hit a new low but they started hitting the lowest possible depths with massive lies ("last chance LTI", "no more ships for real money after the pledge campaign ends") back in 2012 already so this is just a continuation of their low blow streak. What a fucking muppet show that "game" has become... jeez.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Forces EA Stock Towards the Dark Side
56. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 10:27 CJ_Parker

By the way, semantics, I know, but still... the CD Projekt thing was called an expansion pass and not a season pass.

And in addition to what Creston said: This expansion pass delivered exactly what it said it would. They said beforehand what it would contain.
They specified the exact content and gave a game length estimate which turned out to be very conservative. You could easily spend quite a bit more than the advertised 10 and 20 hours in both expansions.

It was an expansion pass and delivered two full blown expansions. One smaller one and a larger one. Exactly as advertised. No bullshit. No scam. No hidden fuckshit. Just straight, honest business.

Edit @ Slick: The point is that season passes have always been cancer. (Non-cosmetic-exclusive )Microtransactions are cancer+++ and loot boxes are cancer+++++++++ . Capisce, d00d?

51. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 10:13 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 09:51:
CJ_Parker white-knighting the practice of community-dividing, pocketbook-lightening season pass DLC.

Now I've seen everything.

Full retard confirmed. Which part of "fucking shitty season pass" or calling it "dog shit" was unclear? In which world is calling something fucking shitty or dog shit somehow "white-knighting"?

Are you fucking insane?

48. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 09:30 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 01:54:
I think it's funny how prestigious studios like CD Projekt Red snipe EA with that cunty tweet saying: "We'll leave greed to others" while The Witcher 3 released with 2 $30 DLC content packs.

The whole thing is such a mess.

EA fucked up the implementation, but I still think the overall strategy is a direction that the industry needs to go, ESPECIALLY for multiplayer games. I can't be dealing with segmenting the community 2 months after launch based on who bought the season pass or not.

For all the shitstorm furore that the piss poor progression implementation wrought, people have lost track of the one actually redeeming feature of this model. NO SEASON PASS.

Seriously... have you gone FULL retard, bro? What. the. actual. fuck.

The game having MTs instead of a fucking shitty season pass is like "hey guys we're not serving dog shit this year but instead you'll get a nice cat shit pie ... ya like?".

And YOU fell for it, you flaming idiot.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Nov 28, 2017, 20:23 CJ_Parker

Well, if this fucks multiplayer gaming into the ground then I can not wait for it. Bring it on!
Bring back the glory days of single player games w/o microtransactions, loot boxes and all that retarded shit.
Let's have deep gameplay, reasonably well written plots, interesting characters, great worlds to explore that are more than farming grounds and let us go back to generally more rich gaming experiences with a beginning and an end instead of open world, open end, open wallet bull-fucking-shit. Tyvm.

6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 28, 2017, 20:16 CJ_Parker

jamiedj99 wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 20:14:
Good time to invest

Yes. In short bonds. Cuz the next fucking retarded business decision is guaranteed to be looming around the corner.

1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 28, 2017, 19:45 CJ_Parker

Muuuuuuahahahahahaaaaa. A $3bn shit pie. Eat that you EA fuckers!  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Released
7. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Released Nov 28, 2017, 17:59 CJ_Parker

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 17:00:
Games really fun.. gameplay you'll have a blast playing as the mechanics are well done.

LOL

So how much booze did it take the Tipsy McStagger to arrive at this conclusion. Is it possible to "have a blast" or to feel that the "mechanics are well done" with less than a 99% blood alcohol level?

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 26, 2017, 17:09 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 16:33:
Or they could just pump out Battlefront 3 and release it next year.

Nah. Episode IX is 2019 so BF3 will be 2019, too. But they will probably push a gigantic bantha poodoo load of microtransaction-infested "free" DLC next year.

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway
9. Re: SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway Nov 26, 2017, 12:14 CJ_Parker

WaltC wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 12:05:
I've been using AMD exclusively at home since 1999

Please rest assured of my heartfelt condolences!

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2017, 06:03 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 05:11:
Yeah, 6 years actually....

The five years part of our esteemed colleague's post was related to people throwing money at this clusterfuck.
He (like Blue in the actual newsbit) is 100% correct that it has been five years "only".
The game was revealed on 10/10/2012. I still have my golden ticket here to reminisce that day.

Development started about six years ago but the money collection from gullible fools (myself sadly included though I have not spent a single cent on the game since 2013) has only been going on for just over five years.

News Comments > Black Mesa Delayed
17. Re: Black Mesa Delayed Nov 26, 2017, 05:55 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 00:31:
Is there anyone actually excited about the Xen part?

Nope. Xen was a total coitus interruptus that turned a great game into an abysmal shitfest for the last couple of hours. It's one of the reasons I consider HL completely overrated.
Kinda like FarCry which went to shit when those retarded monkeys showed up. Coitus interruptus big time, man.

News Comments > Get Flight Unlimited 2K16 for Free
10. Re: Get Flight Unlimited 2K16 for Free Nov 26, 2017, 05:44 CJ_Parker

d00d...

The 6th commandment of internet trolling is...

"Never -EVER- squander a chance to take a big old dump on Microsoft when the opportunity presents itself"

See. Since the MS store was mentioned in the newsbit it was mandatory (m-a-n-d-a-t-o-r-y!!!) to troll Microshit. Not my fault!

4028 Comments. 202 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo