Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3759 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Direct Begins
11. Re: Steam Direct Begins Jun 14, 2017, 22:39 CJ_Parker

Yeah. Elementary school script kiddies and hobos can afford $100.
Anyone who is even the tiniest li'l bit SERIOUS about game development should VERY easily be able to afford AT LEAST $1000 as a business entry investment if they have SERIOUS intentions to participate on Steam in a PROFESSIONAL manner.

But we all know why Valve went for $100. Cuz they are greedy fucking cunts is why. They do not want to lock out anyone. They want all the moolah they can get, even when it's made from trash games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced
20. Re: Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced Jun 14, 2017, 22:27 CJ_Parker

I'm gunna grab this when the fully patched GOTY is on sale. Anyone who buys an Obshittian game before it is fully patched isn't quite right in the head or a masochist (or both for that matter).  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 5
2. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 5 Jun 14, 2017, 22:22 CJ_Parker

Redmask wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 22:16:
They need to get their fucking act together and provide some real competition to Sony and Nintendo.

No they don't. Shitbox can't die soon enough (or be sold off to the highest bidder) so MS can *really* refocus on the glorious PCMR.

News Comments > Destiny 2 in October
21. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 21:59 CJ_Parker

Darks wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 15:49:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 14:38:
heres what it looks like on PC at 4K 60fps..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LsvPVk5eH4

btw youtube had some trouble streaming it to me at 4k - at first i thought it was the game, but then i lowered to 2k and it was buttery smooth

i dunno.. seems like an ok, mindless FPS game with loot drops.. i do like that Halo style gunplay and its been a good long while since I played one

i wonder if there will be some $40-ish deals on this...

Yes, its called CDkey.com currently sitting at 41 dollars. if that doesn't peak your interest I have no idea what will.

What "peaks my interest" is showing some spine and sticking to some basic principles where I do not reward them maggots with a preorder for a delayed PC release of their casual garbage microtransaction shitfest of a game.

Y'know... just an idea. You don't have to preorder every AAA hype. You really don't. That behavior is reserved for sheeple and lemmings but not everyone wants to be one of those critters.

News Comments > Steam Direct Begins
2. Re: Steam Direct Begins Jun 13, 2017, 21:14 CJ_Parker

I like shitshows. Bring it on! Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn  

News Comments > Skull & Bones Announced
5. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 12, 2017, 23:54 CJ_Parker

I totally agree. I also think it is outrageous when a game forces you to play it longer than 15 minutes to experience everything it has to offer.

/s

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Announced
2. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Announced Jun 12, 2017, 23:25 CJ_Parker

The overwhelming love for PC gamers continues with the cheap rehash of a WW2 era classic I see. Probably Win 10 and Windows store only going by the shit at the end of the trailer. Nice try, Microsoft. Try again.  

News Comments > Skull & Bones Announced
3. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 12, 2017, 23:21 CJ_Parker

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 21:39:
So the best parts of AC: Black Flag?

The best part of Black Flag is that it is a viable single player game. This S&B garbage here will be a multiplayer microtransaction shitfest.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced
13. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced Jun 12, 2017, 20:23 CJ_Parker

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 17:18:
And they just announced a pirate game based on/spun off the naval stuff of Black Flag. Hell yes. Ubi's having a good show.

I stopped reading right there:

"Skull and Bones will be a multiplayer-focused experience, with players competing to become the most notorious pirate."

It does not take an overly dirty mind to imagine how this will end up in a microtransaction shithell of the most epic of levels. How about a new skin for your sails? Or a new menacing looking figurehead? Just hit the store for bazillions of P2W opportunities! Yippie!!!

And AC Origins just sounds super-boring. We already know how it "ends" so what is there to explore that far in the past? Well, and a retarded season pass makes this another default wait-for-the-GOTY for $10 deal. Fuck Ubishit. If you meant they are having a good shitshow then I agree. Rarely have I ever seen so much garbage announced at just one event.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Week
9. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Week Jun 12, 2017, 20:11 CJ_Parker

Last free event they had this jump&run garbage lasted 15 minutes on my HD. What a crap game LOL.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak
41. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 19:26 CJ_Parker

That's what I said in my previous post as well. I never said that the visuals per se suck or are ugly. Quite the contrary. They just look artificial as fuck and you have this weird detached effect over everything due to the fact that the engine turns you into a camera instead of an actual character who is "really" being there.
The art assets per se are outstanding, of course, thanks to the photogrammetry tech.
No question about it. But it also doesn't change the fact that the engine responsible for displaying this pretty art is still a fookin' piece of crapola shitcake.

News Comments > Battlefield 1: In the Name of the Tsar in September
5. Re: Battlefield 1: In the Name of the Tsar in September Jun 11, 2017, 15:12 CJ_Parker

Casualfield is extremely accurate and yet still a euphemism.  

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein Leaks?
2. Re: The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein Leaks? Jun 11, 2017, 15:10 CJ_Parker

Wolfenstein is a no-brainer. Both of the latest entries to the series were awesome but Evil Within? OK. Whatever floats yer boat, Bethie.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions Jun 11, 2017, 15:08 CJ_Parker

Nailbender wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 15:05:
There we go! THAT'S why all DLC will be free.

xactly

News Comments > Battlefield 1: In the Name of the Tsar in September
3. Re: Battlefield 1: In the Name of the Tsar in September Jun 11, 2017, 14:57 CJ_Parker

Unreal 4 is so far superior and better, more realistic looking than this artificial looking garbage it's not even a contest.  

38. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 11:19 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 02:32:
Oh Jesus Christ, CJ my man, it's been too long. I don't even know how to attack this, it feels like a trap, no matter what angle i take, it morphs into something even more ridiculous...

So I'm playing in a movie set, and that's bad, because I'm playing a Star Wars game, which is based on movies, but the actual locations look better, so the actual Tatooine looks better? Or the game's representation of the movie is bad because it's based on a movie and not the real location which is real, but video games aren't real, but they should be, but not movies...

Man, this hole goes deep. You're out of your fucking mind.

Dude, as I said... the Frostshite games look fucking artificial. The movie location Tatooine is actual locations in Tunisia and looks 100% more real in the movies than the retarded shiny high gloss plastic sand and rocks in SWBF. YES. Absolutely.

Frostshite is an abomination of an engine. It has unrealistic lighting, unrealistic vibrant colors and always looks like you are watching the action through a camera lens instead of actually being there, being the soldier and doing the actual fighting.
It is giving you a detached feeling like you are a distant war observer and not a soldier or a hero or a fucking elf (DAI) or whatever.

It kind of has the same look and feel like those TVs with high Hz technology, e.g. Sony's Motionflow. When you activate that stuff, you are all of a sudden cast in the role of someone on the set of the shooting. I don't know if there is a proper technical term for this strange effect but Frostshite causes the gaming equivalent to that effect and it fucking sucks.

33. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 02:20 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 00:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 19:05:
Star Wars Battlefront 2: Official Gameplay Trailer

You've got to admit that the engine looks simply amazing.

To me it does not. Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. You're not really there. It is not visceral but turns you into a distant observer like a Kamikaze Kappa war reporter who is filming and following the action through his HD camera lens for high gloss warfare coverage.

The graphical fidelity per se is very high, of course, but that is no surprise due to the photogrammetry tech they are using. However, all of this is worth chicken shit when the end result does not manage to actually put you in the action. It is worth even less when the gameplay is fucking garbage like the first game.
I'm sure I'll buy SWBF 2 eventually for the SP campaign but it'll be $10 max, maybe $15 if reviews of the campaign are unanimously positive but I'm not holding my breath.

4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 10, 2017, 11:51 CJ_Parker

Prequel garbage needs to DIAF but they can shove this game anyway after the lame first one. $10 sale material. Maybe.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
3. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jun 9, 2017, 22:15 CJ_Parker

Xero wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 21:02:
I"m waiting on a price drop to score the MSI 1070 Gaming Z edition. It's one of the beast 1070s you can buy that isn't found in Europe.

Not sure if I misundahst00dz summin' here but I'm in EU and I could order the MSI 1070 Gaming Z no problem right now for about 440 (none in stock atm). A dealer who actually has stock sells them for 463. Amazon Germany is expecting new shipments to arrive June 18th (470).

News Comments > Get Outland for Free
4. Re: Get Outland for Free Jun 6, 2017, 22:12 CJ_Parker

Looks way too crappy, even for free. Pass.  

3759 Comments. 188 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo