Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3320 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trailer
15. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Jun 12, 2016, 22:21 CJ_Parker

And yet another multiplayer shooter. Bethesda has just announced Quake Champions. Yawn.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
43. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 12, 2016, 21:29 CJ_Parker

The Austin rumor is certainly interesting in the light of Mark Skelton's (art director) recent departure. He was apparently asked (by CR) to relocate to Santa Monica (as others before him allegedly like Eric Peterson) and he declined due to "family reasons" (just as Peterson).
He's been with the project nearly since day 1 in Austin and was a fun guy everyone loved and respected. He was an institution. He's worked out of Austin since early 2013. Why would it now, after more than three years, all of a sudden be necessary for him to move to Cali?

Also, thanks for the link to that customer service tagging. CIG is disgusting. Plain and simple. What a bunch of assholes.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer 2
19. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer 2 Jun 12, 2016, 20:34 CJ_Parker

You're referencing another video game for authenticity? Dude? But, fine, I was not arguing that those maneuvers could not be flown with WW1 planes without them breaking apart. I specifically mentioned the keyword "velocity". WW1 planes were not able to fly at the speed shown in the trailer, let alone make such turns or pull into such climbs without crumbling to dust. That's basically WW2 planes in a WW1 skin in that garbage clip.
The Battlefield series of casual crap video games has about as much to do with authenticity as the pope with a gangbang party.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 12, 2016, 19:40 CJ_Parker

heroin wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 18:49:
1badmf wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 17:27:
so, a little bird (who works at blizzard) told me recently that they're working on a single player component for overwatch. possibly out next year.

It better be for free because I definitely don't feel like my $40.00 went so far with Overwatch, of which I pre-purchased - because I usually pre-purchase all Blizz games & expansions.

BWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He said "free".

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer 2
17. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer 2 Jun 12, 2016, 19:38 CJ_Parker

DangerDog wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 17:19:
Battlefield games are only authentic...

You're joking, right?

There is absolutely nothing "authentic" about the retarded garbage you can see in this trailer. It is much too actiony and fast-paced. If you would fly at the velocity and pull off a single maneuver from the trailer with a real WW1 plane, it would crumble to tiny little dust particles mid-air due to total structural failure.

Also, no problem with two shooters for EA. The mouthbreathers who are easily impressed by trailers will just preorder both (10+ million Star Wars Battlefront sales do not lie). Works every time. EA knows exactly how retarded their customers are (or have become).

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trailer
2. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Jun 12, 2016, 18:19 CJ_Parker

Just when you thought it could not possibly get any shittier they had that Shitbox logo at the end...  

40. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 12, 2016, 17:31 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 16:32:
Which still might be fun for maybe a 100 or so people per instance, just not what they promised.

lol@100

About 100 is what Chris Roberts originally promised, then quickly changed his tune to 80, 60, 50...

They started the alpha with 16/instance and are currently massively struggling hard with getting it to ~30/instance. And we are talking a single instance. Not a multi-instance system where transitions need to happen flawlessly and seamlessly without your character or ship losing half its stuff when going from instance to instance.

And we are also talking about massively struggling with 30 players per SINGLE instance in a game that has barely any persistence (2.4 is the first baby step towards MMO-like persistence) and only a tiny minuscule little fraction of the gameplay systems implemented.

What do we think will happen to the already ongoing massive struggle with the player numbers per instance when they add multi-instancing, complex gameplay systems, a simulated real-time economy with literally millions of AI agents, more/full persistence and more of the generally promised fideliteeeh?

A. It will get much easier to add more players/instance.

B. It will be impossible to add more players/instance without massive downscaling.

Hmmmm...

36. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 12, 2016, 14:47 CJ_Parker

Comet wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 13:23:
Look. SC may be ambitious but what is it in it that makes it so "special" for some of you to consider that such a game is impossible to make?

When people talk about SC it seems like their talking about this dream game in their head instead of actually looking at the concept behind the game.

I'm looking at the Stretch goal page in Star Citizen site as I write this. And in all honesty you should probably take a closer look at the vast amount of content, features and so on in complex AAA games and specially MMOs.

Not the best example perhaps, but take a look at what you can do in Start Trek Online for instance.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

Star Citizen is a twitch game and not a classic MMO for starters. Roberts has promised that capital ships will be in battle with fighters while people can EVA over to the capital ship, breach the hull, have FPS combat on board the capital ship while the space battle rages on and damage is calculated in minute detail. People eject from their ships, pilots float in space, rescue missions are generated... and so on and so on... Fideliteh, fideliteh, fideliteeeeeehhhhh!!! (as Roberts that asshole would put it).

All of this is supposed to be happening in real time with people playing who are physically a mile from the server and others 10,000 miles away in Timbuktu.

There is a reason why there are so few online FPS. Single player and regular MP FPS is the most prevalent genre. Why are there so few MMOFPS? Yep. You got it. And those few there are, are usually keeping it very simple. I mean look at Planetside 2 as an example.

What Roberts is promising (as per all the stretch goals) is physically impossible unless he can bend the laws of physics and make bits and bytes travel faster than the speed of light and supply every household with superlightspeed optical fibers. It's simply unrealistic what he has dreamed up.

What he has proposed can be done in a single player game with highend hardware no problem at all but you're not going to be able to pull that off in an MMO when you rely on a server/client infrastructure with the usual pitfalls such as latency, bandwidth, multi-instancing, database issues etc. etc. etc.

Just look at the current alpha. That piece of shit has a minuscule tiny little fraction of the final feature set implemented. There is no smuggling, no refueling, no mining, no information running, no electronic warfare, no recon, no stealth gameplay, no bounty-hunting, no trading, no salvaging, no search & rescue, no passenger transportation, no science/exploration and not a single bit of their promised super-detailed real-time economy just to name a few of the highlights and YET they are ALREADY massively struggling to increase the number of players in a SINGLE instance (there was no multi-instancing until 2.4... I'm not sure if 2.4 finally introduced multi-instancing... did it?).

Adding all of the promised gameplay systems and features in a multi-instancing client/server environment will increase the computing and database demands by several magnitudes. It's not gonna happen. Not with the promised level of fideliteeeehh. There will either be rather massive downscaling or they will have to deliver a single player Freelancer-type game where all of this is possible locally. But as a MMO/PU it's not going to happen as advertised.
It might still happen somehow in a massively downscaled version. No one is arguing that. But it won't happen at the pipedream level that Roberts that lying asshole has promised people.

And please stop with the retarded comparisons. The difference between other developers and CIG is plain as day. Other normal devs make games. CIG have only started making a game last year or so when the pressure began mounting. They have not made a game between 2012 and 2015. All they have done is build "exciting" demos and modules for reveals and trade shows and cons to extort more monies from people. You can not possibly compare that to HONEST hard-working devs (especially an awesome gig like CD Projekt) who make actual games instead of marketing material and ship JPEGs.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 12, 2016, 14:04 CJ_Parker

What a bunch of bullcrap in that article. The iPhone was a natural evolution from devices such as the Palm PDAs or the Blackberries. It surely didn't take a rocket scientist or a genius inventor to come up with the concept of a "smartphone". Fuck off with that shit!  

News Comments > Star Trek VR Game Plans
7. Re: Star Trek VR Game Plans Jun 12, 2016, 13:56 CJ_Parker

LOL@UBISOFT  

24. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 12, 2016, 00:29 CJ_Parker

Slashman wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 23:22:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 23:04:
... I was reading about the new alpha and it looks like there's a 20m respawn waiting time! ...or pay the 14K UEC bill.

I laugh.

That can't be right...right?

It's 20 minutes for the SHIP to respawn if your ship gets destroyed. As you may know there is hull insurance on your ship and this mechanic is supposed to simulate that the insurance company can not and will not simply be able to restore a ship on the spot. At least not all of them. You can instantly get back an Aurora starter ship but you will have to wait some time if one of your fancier, bigger, rarer ships gets blown up from under your ass.

If you only own a bigger ship and have to wait a couple hours (or days, weeks, months, years... final waiting times for specific ships are unknown) in the final game you will have the opportunity to rent a ship or fly for hire so you're not totally out of the game.

So this 20 minute wait time in this latest alpha is nothing out of the ordinary on principle. With that said and considering the very sad, buggy, broken, messed up state that the game is in it is entirely dumbfucking stupid of CIG to put in this mechanic at this time. It is becoming clearer every day that the game is made by fucktards.
Why would you enforce a 20 minute respawn wait time when the game is still in early alpha at best? How about instead giving people the opportunity to actually, you know, fly their ships and test shit instead of waiting for a respawn (the mechanic to rent a replacement or fly for hire is not yet in the game, of course)?
Even a three year old would realize that it is the dumbest idea of the millennium to put in a half-assed mechanic that just annoys the living fuck out of people.

Oh well. Looking on the bright side, maybe more people will now wake up and realize what an entirely incompetent bunch of halfwit monkeys is working at CIG.
And, yeah, great job changing the TOS and launching the latest alpha with more ways to make cash LOL. What a bunch of greedy shitclowns.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 11, 2016, 17:49 CJ_Parker

NetHead wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 11:56:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 11:07:
I used to think people were crazy if they covered it, now just think they are cautious.

Frankly by this point I'm surprised cameras/microphones don't have a hardware button or switch to disable them.

Many laptops do. My 2009/2010(?) laptop has a switch to turn off the camera.

News Comments > DOOM Balance Patch
1. Re: DOOM Balance Patch Jun 10, 2016, 20:57 CJ_Parker

Balance is always a good thing.  

News Comments > The Division Perma-Bans
9. Re: The Division Perma-Bans Jun 10, 2016, 08:21 CJ_Parker

Hush, guys. Battlefield 1 is waiting for pre-orders (make sure to add the premium pass, too!). Go, go, go! Buy an extra copy for your doggie. And your cat. And your bird! Come on! The gameplay trailer was sooooo awesome and only showing realistic in-game scenes, of course! How can you not want to hit that pre-order button RIGHT FUCKING NOW? Do it!
Show those publishers how you love to throw money at them for awesome products like The Division or R6 Siege so we can all get more of that awesome sauce sorta stuff!

News Comments > The Division Perma-Bans
3. Re: The Division Perma-Bans Jun 9, 2016, 19:11 CJ_Parker

Told ya this shit is garbage but nooo... CJ is such a horrible troll and a negative nancy blahblahbluhblehblah. Yup. Maybe I am. But I'm also right 99.9% of the time .

Keep on buying all the latest hyped garbage games though so the publishers know that's exactly what you want. Come on... there's a Watch Dawgs 2 waiting for preorders just based on the trailer. Whatcha waitin' for? Go, go, go!

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 in November
4. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 13:20 CJ_Parker

I'll buy this (GOTY) for 4.99 just for the Frisco setting (love that city).  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 SF Setting and November Release Revealed?
2. Re: Watch Dogs 2 SF Setting and November Release Revealed? Jun 7, 2016, 13:13 CJ_Parker

Hmmm... BF1, WD2... this could become the most fecal E3 ever. Let's go, EA + Ubi! Let's see who can shovel more shit at people!  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer
13. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer Jun 7, 2016, 13:09 CJ_Parker

Fucking garbage. Spiked clubs vs. machine guns? Oooookay. And "gameplay footage" is such an old and tired EA marketing lie by now. Aren't those retarded fuckers ever embarrassed by their own dishonesty?

Fuck off with this piece of shit and the fucktard season pass bullshit.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 6, 2016, 19:31 CJ_Parker

wtf_man wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 15:57:
Other than 2 voodoo cards in the early days, I have never run dual+ cards for gaming because of the micro-stuttering issues that always existed.

I don't know if it has been eliminated by now since this issue got major attention in the last few years, but I'm not going to pay to find out.

At least on nVidia's side this has been fixed for a long time (i.e. dual SLI... triple or quad SLI still messes up the frame times a little more). I've had dual GTX 770s and there was no micro-stuttering ever. Many people have dual GTX 970s and are happy campers.
I'm not so sure about Crossfire as you get conflicting reports from AMD users but for nVidia the general consensus is that micro-stuttering is a non-issue these days.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 6, 2016, 15:14 CJ_Parker

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 11:17:
You're paying literally two times as much for two matching cards and if you're lucky and the game is very well optimised for it, getting a 50% performance boost.

This is not true. You can generally get 80% to 90% scaling from very well optimized games. Recent examples: Rise of the Tomb Raider 95% or even 99.7% in Crossfire, Hitman beta 96% in SLI.
50% scaling is actually really crappy and pretty rare like in GTA V (typical console garbage).

From the HardOCP GTA article...

GeForce GTX 980 SLI is 52% faster than one GeForce GTX 980. This is not the best scaling, and is even below average compared to other games. A good scaling would be in the 80% range, and great scaling would be in the 90% range.

Not sure from where you are getting the 50% = "very well optimised" thing...

3320 Comments. 166 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo